Thread: F1 2016 Season

Tuconots

F1 2016 Season

4 day testing session has started in Barcelona and Ferrari is looking good

Tuconots
    Yea watching the day2 stuff now. Will likely be seeing the finger this year. Here's hoping it's a 4 way fight between Ferrari / Merc.

Tuconots
    I like that Hass is doing lots of laps. 2nd fastest day 3 on a long run with inters on.

Tuconots
    I'm more excited for MotoGP this year than I am for F1.

Tuconots
    Don't know how Alonso walked away unscathed from this one...

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Cad View Post
    I'm more excited for MotoGP this year than I am for F1.
    Well, Qatar was pretty boring, but the crowd boo'ing Borenzo and Marquez at the end was comedy gold.

Tuconots
    Hah Mark Webber on the podium. Pretty fun watch. Would have been interesting to see how the strats played out, but the red flag kinda ruined that.

Tuconots
    Ferrari showed an ability to go fast, close enough to Merc to give some hope for the season.

Also congrats are in order for Haas, getting points in their very first race. I had been thinking they'd be rolling chicanes all season.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadsalad View Post
    Well, Qatar was pretty boring, but the crowd boo'ing Borenzo and Marquez at the end was comedy gold.
    Love the MotoGP crowds. And yea, Qatar was about as anti-climactic as MotoGP gets. I think it'll get better.

Tuconots
    Hopefully tomorrow will be a good race. Rossi celebratory qualifying wheelie = lulz.

Tuconots
    I'm goin to austin for the weekend

Moto3 and GP races were fun to watch (Argentina)

Tuconots
    Hopefully tomorrow will be a good race. Rossi celebratory qualifying wheelie = lulz.

Did they reveal what was wrong with Rossi's 2nd bike?

Also lol @ the ducati guys.

Tuconots
    Two great races so far, and another trip down to Austin later this year for the 5th straight year. At least Haas will offset some of the "atmosphere" the V10s left behind. Surprisingly have never been to to a MotoGP although a friend that works with Ducati can get us in for free. Been there a few times for friends BMW series races.

Tuconots
    I'm watching everything in reverse order because nothing got posted to usenet. Herbert seems to think Alonso should retire hah.

Herbert seems like the "random opposing viewpoint" guy like Eddie Jordan used to be on the BBC.

Sad that they wouldn't let Alonso race. If those docs were in charge of motoGP half the grid would be empty every sunday.

Tuconots
    Also curious if any of this panama papers stuff will come up in the talk of the sports. I've already seen a few names pop up, but I'll bet more are coming. There's some really shady financing with some of the teams and people.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharza-kzad View Post
    I'm watching everything in reverse order because nothing got posted to usenet. Herbert seems to think Alonso should retire hah.

Herbert seems like the "random opposing viewpoint" guy like Eddie Jordan used to be on the BBC.

Sad that they wouldn't let Alonso race. If those docs were in charge of motoGP half the grid would be empty every sunday.
    The MotoGP and F1 races weren't posted to torrents until late Monday also.

Tuconots

LAWL

Tuconots
    Haas is looking pretty solid so far.
    Originally Posted by supertouch
    for those who asked:

i haven't sucked her penis but i have stroked it. it sounds odd but i don't view it as a masculine organ on her.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnesto View Post
    Haas is looking pretty solid so far.
    Yeah they do. I think people forget how good Grosjean was at the end of 2013 when Lotus last had a competitive car. He ended the season 3,3,3,4,2,Ret. He's a damn good driver and it looks like HAAS is backing him up with a pretty decent car, I expected them at back of the mid-pack at-best, (williams, redbulls, toro rossos) but they look capable of holding their own against anyone but Mercedes and Ferrari.

I was talking with my roommate, in the off chance they get a first place finish, and who knows with crazy luck on a safety car or red flag. It would be the first time the US national anthem would be played during the awards ceremony (for the constructor) since Mario Andretti last won in 1978. It's gonna be hugely important to the sport if they can do well and starting working on getting a US driver. The US hasn't cared about F1 in a long time, and it's gonna be a big part of the future of the sport getting more value out of the US market.

Working version of what I embedded.

Tuconots
    Made it home from Austin. Had a great time, though the races didn't really go the way I'd hoped. Walked and stood around till my legs felt like bloody stumps while my relatives crooned and purred and pawed at all the bikes in the maker areas (which we went through like 5 times).

There was some really decent beer there this time though it was like 10 bucks for a halfsie.

The only downers this year was smokers choking me to death everywhere, the rain knocked out all the tv screens for that whole turn 2 to back straight side of the track, and I stupidly sat next to that red bull noise thing playing that awful music.

Weather was great, not much sun, kindof cool to warm. Great weekend. Had a tiny bit of rain that stalled a moto2 practice but it wasn't bad. I think I love the sound of the moto2 bikes the most.

Tuconots
    Also we were in the turn 1 seats when the track parade thing went by with the riders sitting up on the backs of cars waving to everyone. Marquez got a very nasty reception.

Maybe he's like Lorenzo and it just makes him go faster

Tuconots
    F1 was fun in the middle / back! Rosberg had it so easy he fell asleep at the wheel at one point.

Tuconots
    We'll see how long they last.

Gene Haas Is Fed Up With Formula 1s Baloney

Gene Haas' F1 team has had one of the most stunning debuts ever for a brand-new team. But Romain Grosjean's unexpected sixth and fifth place finishes in the first two 2016 Grands Prix have led some to accuse Haas F1 of being little more than a Ferrari surrogate-the team's VF16 cars use many Ferrari components in a Dallara chassis.

Gene Haas is having none of F1's drama. In an interview with ESPN, he responded to these accusations, and didn't mince his words.

"This place is a soap opera," said Haas. "I think a lot of the teams at the back really don't understand what competition is. They're getting maybe a little too fat and happy."

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzak View Post
    We'll see how long they last.

Gene Haas Is Fed Up With Formula 1s Baloney
    Quote Originally Posted by Gene Haas
    "We're not going away, they better get used to it and if people don't like it that's their problem, not my problem."
    I doubt he's leaving anytime soon.

Tuconots
    Baku looks awesome

Tuconots
    I wonder if it is time for a 70's style fist fight Vettel vs DaniK

Tuconots
    I wonder if it is time for a 70's style fist fight Vettel vs DaniK
    Vettel might be with Ferrari now but it seems he still has some power at Red Bull...

Red Bull have demoted Daniil Kvyat after his calamitous Russian Grand Prix and replaced him with Toro Rosso's 18-year-old Max Verstappen... Horner said: "Dany will be be able to continue his development at Toro Rosso, in a team that he is familiar with, giving him the chance to regain his form and show his potential."
    Max Verstappen replaces Daniil Kvyat at Red Bull for rest of season - BBC Sport

Tuconots
    Wow, that's harsh.

Tuconots
    Wow, that's harsh.
    Did you see how Kvyat drove though? Fucking menace. Vettel is kind of a douche but he didn't deserve to be hit 3 times in 4 corners.

Tuconots
    It looked really bad, and I thought he'd be black flagged, but his penalty was rather light. Maybe the blame wasn't 100% if you look at the data. Or maybe they just didn't want to be too harsh at his home race I dunno.

Tuconots
    Le Mans looks kinda fun
    GPFans.jpg

Tuconots
    The northwest 200 is on over the next few days. Live stream I think will be here: Motorbikes - BBC Sport

Rain usually screws up the schedule, but I think it is 6 hours of practice tuesday and thursday, then racing later in the day on thursday. Then racing all day saturday. Most of that starts around 4am my time here in the flyover states.

Tuconots
    Marquez and Dovi crashing together at Le Mans was pretty epic. The chances of them losing it at the same instant have got to be pretty small.

motogp.JPG

Tuconots
    In Quali Iannone's bike spilled some water that made him slip. I wonder if that happened.

Tuconots
    I've not had any luck with the northwest. The first practice session I watched a bit of, but my internet connection is so bad I kept getting further and further behind the live stuff. Eventually it died altogether and when I refreshed the stream was gone.

For the next session our power was out for 8 hours due to a storm. Well not really due to a storm, due to a single power company that provides power for this area charging as much as they possibly can while spending as little as possible.

The races later in the day were about the same. Stream died midway through and the link is now gone. Their site sucks so much. They appear to have a catchup option but it just sends you in a circular loop with no video. Supposedly this stuff will go up on the iPlayer eventually. Though it will likely just be highlights instead of the full show.

Tuconots
    In Quali Iannone's bike spilled some water that made him slip. I wonder if that happened.
    If you frame by frame it Marquez lost the front slightly before Dovi, that doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't water. But it's pretty hard to lose the front on a motorcycle due to fluids that come from behind the front tire. Usually you highside if you drop oil/water.

Tuconots
    Ouch

Hope he makes it. Sounds like he will pull through.

Tuconots
    The practice sessions that showed up on usenet are from C4? To me that says explosives. Is that a channel in the UK? It seems like bbc people. Lee McKenzie and Karun Chandhok I really like. The commentary dude is I think one of the bbc dudes, very radio-voice.

Tuconots
    Interwebs are fixed!

Superbike race is about to start:

North West 200: Saturday's racing - BBC Sport

Tuconots
    Someone died so they cut it short.

Tuconots
    Wow, Rosberg... wow

Tuconots
    That was eventful. I wasn't watching sky, but I'll bet crofty had a seizure

Tuconots
    That was eventful. I wasn't watching sky, but I'll bet crofty had a seizure
    The cameras basically sat there showing Lewis with his hands over his face and the two mercedes sitting there while the race continued too. Haha. But there was a safety car so it didn't matter.

Tuconots
    Hammy throwing his steering wheel was the best.

Tuconots
    Holy shit props to Lorenzo, I thought Marquez had that. That was a crazy last lap.

Tuconots
    ForzaVale. :..(

And awkward penguin / world's least confident man giving a post race interview that was actually humble for once. I still do not like you though Lorentho.

Tuconots
    ForzaVale. :..(

And awkward penguin / world's least confident man giving a post race interview that was actually humble for once. I still do not like you though Lorentho.
    I'm starting to like Marquez more, the way he was wrestling that Honda around was goddamn impressive.

Lorenzo just seems like an empty suit. Doesn't handle getting jostled at all. Will see how he handles the ducati.

Tuconots
    Finally caught up with Gp and F1. All exciting but I think I liked the moto3 race the best out of all of em.

The isle of man TT is starting up, with all the racing starting next week. This week itv will have a bunch of warmup type shows. Hope I can find them all.

Tuconots
    Poor poor ricky-ardo. He seems to be one of the genuinely nice guys, deserves better then continual Red Bull fuckups.

Tuconots
    Lorenzo just started falling down (the order) and then Iannone finished him off before Cal could get a shot at him.

Rossi proves why he's still the greatest with that fight back from 8th.

Marquez, love his riding, just wish he hadn't been a twat last season.

Haven't gotten around to watching Moto3 or Moto2 yet. RIP Salom.

Tuconots
    Great to see Marquez congratulate Rossi

Had a really hard time finding the race stuff this weekend. Last time in Italy every single session was posted within a couple hours of it happening, it was so nice. This time all I could get was French, and half of them corrupt.

I saw Salom's crash from a blurry distant camera. Looked like he & bike skipped across the gravel and hit the wall, then either he hit the bike or the bike hit him, couldn't tell which.

The TT is REALLY fast this year with the perfect practice week they had.

Tuconots
    Great to see Marquez congratulate Rossi

Had a really hard time finding the race stuff this weekend. Last time in Italy every single session was posted within a couple hours of it happening, it was so nice. This time all I could get was French, and half of them corrupt.

I saw Salom's crash from a blurry distant camera. Looked like he & bike skipped across the gravel and hit the wall, then either he hit the bike or the bike hit him, couldn't tell which.

The TT is REALLY fast this year with the perfect practice week they had.
    I may just subscribe to motogp video pass. Motogp is really providing a quality product and avoiding the internet so I don't get spoiled is annoying until I can find the race.

I think the Marquez/Rossi thing will go fine as long as Rossi is winning and Marquez is in the world championship hunt. When one of them is out the butthurt will re-surface.

I lol'd at Lorenzo getting torpedoed. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Tuconots
    I think if I could get BTSport I'd do it. I really like those guys, and it is funny when they have Colin Edwards around. They could barely understand each other when they first started.

Tuconots
    I think if I could get BTSport I'd do it. I really like those guys, and it is funny when they have Colin Edwards around. They could barely understand each other when they first started.
    I know they have multiple languages on motogp video pass, not sure who the commentators are. You might just subscribe for a month and see.

Tuconots
    I have seen some of the GP pass stuff. They have that older guy with the very distinct british voice, almost like someone making fun of someone british. Then they have a really good pit lane dude, kind of like the motorcycle version of Ted Kravitz, I think his name is Dillon. He's cool.

It's pretty good, but I like the funny mix of people they have on BT. The nerdy Julian + the old vet Keith with that superbike guy, and the former world commentary guy ..... forget his name but he used to do the world feed commentary. And then Colin at some of the races.

Now and then they bring in one of the Laverty or Lowes brothers and they always have good insight. Little bits of trivia about tires or electronics. And of course they talk alot about rumors going around during the practices when things are kinda slow.

Tuconots
    I have seen some of the GP pass stuff. They have that older guy with the very distinct british voice, almost like someone making fun of someone british. Then they have a really good pit lane dude, kind of like the motorcycle version of Ted Kravitz, I think his name is Dillon. He's cool.

It's pretty good, but I like the funny mix of people they have on BT. The nerdy Julian + the old vet Keith with that superbike guy, and the former world commentary guy ..... forget his name but he used to do the world feed commentary. And then Colin at some of the races.

Now and then they bring in one of the Laverty or Lowes brothers and they always have good insight. Little bits of trivia about tires or electronics. And of course they talk alot about rumors going around during the practices when things are kinda slow.

Tuconots
    So which team meeting do you think is more tense, Hamilton/Rosberg or Lorenzo/Rossi?

Tuconots
    Lorenzo's pretty checked out at this point barring another World title for Lin, so Rossi doesn't care I don't think.

Probably whatever drama is happening in F1 since they actually have team orders unlike Moto.

Tuconots
    Lorenzo's pretty checked out at this point barring another World title for Lin, so Rossi doesn't care I don't think.

Probably whatever drama is happening in F1 since they actually have team orders unlike Moto.
    Yea, but you know they have Team meetings and both of them have to sit there. I'm picturing the team bosses being like "ok if we can avoid running each other off the track in the first couple corners this time that'd be great, mmmkay?" And Rossi leaving a toy torpedo with Iannone's picture on it in Lorenzo's stuff. Stuff like that. Haha.

Tuconots
    Lin definitely wants either one of them to win another championship for Yamaha, that's a given. He for sure doesn't want an Iannone/Dovizioso situation. But they never look at each other now despite Lorenzo begrudgingly admitting that Rossi was just better than him at Jerez and Catalunya.

Rossi definitely does play mind games though. He's probably the #1 reason that Lorenzo went to Ducati after he called him out via Twitter for not re-signing with Yamaha immediately.

Tuconots
    When he got hit twice in two corners and dropped like 5 f-bombs in a row it was pretty funny also. He's amusing when he's not overly salty.

Tuconots
    He's been a lot more enjoyable since his WC streak ended. Seems like he's realized he'll go down as one of the best why be a prick about it. Have fun, get some wins, maybe another WC, but regardless it's a lot better when everyone doesn't hate you.

Tuconots
    Well that was exciting. Zzzzzzzz. They kept mentioning gp2 being crazy, maybe I'll download that.

Tuconots
    Well that was exciting. Zzzzzzzz. They kept mentioning gp2 being crazy, maybe I'll download that.
    motoGP is 10x better than F1 these days.

Tuconots
    Moto2,3,gp all worth watching if you haven't.

Tuconots
    Moto2,3,gp all worth watching if you haven't.
    I haven't been watching moto2 and 3, I'll give it a try.

Tuconots
    2 is often fairly dull, but there have been a few great ones this year. 3 is always exciting.

The moto2 bikes just sound so cool. They rev so high they sound like mini f1 cars (older f1 cars).

Tuconots
    Bleh at this weekend's race. I'm happy a satellite rider won but so many crashes by people who should have known better.

Tuconots
    2 is often fairly dull, but there have been a few great ones this year. 3 is always exciting.

The moto2 bikes just sound so cool. They rev so high they sound like mini f1 cars (older f1 cars).
    Watched moto3 and 2 at Assen.. holy shit moto3 was awesome. Definitely watching that from now on. Moto2 was less awesome, but still good.

Tuconots
    Moto2 needs some changes to include electronics so riders can get adjusted to GP style bikes earlier. Rossi has his academy riders training on R6s instead of Moto2 rides.

Tuconots
    The moto2 bikes have no electronics? I guess that's why they are sideways all the time?

When I got back from Austin I started looking around to see if I could buy a moto2 bike. But then reality struck, and I don't have the money nor the desire to die yet.

Tuconots
    The moto2 bikes have no electronics? I guess that's why they are sideways all the time?

When I got back from Austin I started looking around to see if I could buy a moto2 bike. But then reality struck, and I don't have the money nor the desire to die yet.
    It looks like they just use Yamaha R6 engines? Why not just buy an R6? My quick googling indicates those moto2 bikes go for $80k? Lol, fuck that.

Tuconots
    They use Honda engines and somebody else's frame is used (I think there are 1 or 2 providers). It's basically a spec series and just feels like a slightly faster Moto3 bike. The Moto2 class is also just stagnating. We haven't had any stand out talent in the class in recent years.

Then the riders come into GP and the entire class is completely different from everything they've ridden before. With advanced traction control, wheelie control, corner by corner engine braking settings, and different engine dynamics and different chassis dynamics per manufacturer.

Tuconots
    They use Honda engines and somebody else's frame is used (I think there are 1 or 2 providers). It's basically a spec series and just feels like a slightly faster Moto3 bike. The Moto2 class is also just stagnating. We haven't had any stand out talent in the class in recent years.

Then the riders come into GP and the entire class is completely different from everything they've ridden before. With advanced traction control, wheelie control, corner by corner engine braking settings, and different engine dynamics and different chassis dynamics per manufacturer.
    But if they're going to do all the same shit as MotoGP with less power, why not just run heat races of MotoGP with more riders and have a final race?

Isn't moto2 being basically a spec series actually better since it puts the riders on a more level playing field to see who is faster? Then those fast people progress to MotoGP.

Tuconots
    Kalex makes most of the chassis, Suter and Tech3 make a few, but I think like 90% of the bikes are Kalex.

It is interesting to see some riders struggle when they go up a notch. Alex Marquez from 3 to 2, or Rabat going up to GP. He was great on a moto2 bike.

Tuconots
    Because Moto2 should remain a cost capped spec series. I'm just suggesting they bring in a spec electronics package like they have in MotoGP with the per corner engine braking so riders can spend time getting a taste of how the GP bikes work beyond their engines and the crews can get the same experience.

Tuconots
    Finally watched Austria today, holy shit at that last lap. I was on the edge of my seat. Lewis is clearly the faster driver, every time. Nico straight up rammed him in that incident. Lewis was side by side on the outside and Nico drove right to the edge of the track. The team is claiming brake failure but I don't think so; I think Nico just decided Lewis wasn't passing him today and tried to run him off the road hoping Lewis would yield. Pure luck Nico took the damage not Lewis.

Tuconots
    Moto3 is really good again this weekend!

Tuconots
    I watced motogp and holy shit at the tire choices... why the F did Rossi not pit when the team told him to? And they had 2 laps to see Marquez was 7 seconds faster per lap or whatever on slicks, why didn't they throw slicks on Rossi's bike? Major facepalm fail

Tuconots
    Lots of fail that race. You could tell Ianonne was annoyed coming out of the pits on his second bike with inters on.

Honda played that one perfectly for Marq. From what I read, Honda doesn't even consider the inters as an actual tire choice. Slicks or full wets are the two options.

Rossi's pit crew's reaction when he failed to box on the 3rd lap, lulz.

And Marq's save from the gravel run off before pitting, wowzers.

Tuconots
    Lots of fail that race. You could tell Ianonne was annoyed coming out of the pits on his second bike with inters on.

Honda played that one perfectly for Marq. From what I read, Honda doesn't even consider the inters as an actual tire choice. Slicks or full wets are the two options.

Rossi's pit crew's reaction when he failed to box on the 3rd lap, lulz.

And Marq's save from the gravel run off before pitting, wowzers.
    Marquez is a very talented rider, no doubt. His attitude is annoying but he's full power go-time every time, hard not to respect that.

Tuconots
    This season is turning it around for me on him. At least they don't cut to his garage and his dad crossing all of his fingers and freaking out every 5 minutes anymore.

Tuconots
    F1 was kinda fun. I didn't fall asleep watching it this time.

Glad to hear radio is back. Hope Rosberg can catch up to make it an exciting end of the season.

Tuconots
    Draegan's bitch ass sold us out to MMORPG.com

Exodus underway to ReReRolled.org - A Gaming Community

Thread Information