i'm going to pick up one of these to use with Plex and Netflix. i'm leaning towards the Fire TV because I have Amazon Prime and I know that Apple TV doesn't have a Prime Video app, but i could be convinenced to go the other way if the Apple TV is a much better product since the Prime Video line up isn't that great at least as of yet. anyone have experiences with these and can lend some insight?
I have both of the new ones just released and I like the AppleTV one better. I use pretty much just Plex on both and it runs ten times better on the ATV and I don't know why. I have stuttering and freezing sometimes on the Amazon.
The Amazon is quite nice though and I really like its interface, I keep it on the downstairs TV. It also can do everything the Echo can but you need your TV on for that. Or at least a sound system plugged in I guess.
oderint dum metuant
I just use a FireTV stick. I really like it. It has Prime, Netflix and Twitch all running in their apps. The Spotify app is also nice for when company is over and I need some music. I find it super convenient. And its so cheap even if it doesn't work out for you you're not out much.
Heroes of the Storm Hotsdogs
so caught up in here this decision.
Apple TV / Iphone
- Integrates with Apple Music (which I already subscribe) and has a much bigger selection than Amazon Prime Music
- Better quality Plex stream probably due to the more powerful processor
- Better integration with a stereo system
Amazon TV / Echo
- Able to give commands by yelling them out -- don't need to use phone
- Not tied to an Iphone for the near future
- Integrates with Prime Video which I already subscribe
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)