Thread: Tree of Savior

Tuconots

Tree of Savior

Great looking up coming MMORPG. From the creators of Ragnarok online, was just green lighted on steam. In Beta still in Korea.

Tree of Savior

Tuconots
    Shitty Korean bland grindy cash shop mmo?

Well fuck, count me in.

Tuconots
    man that looks like shit
    Thread: Vicodin, Cigarettes, and My Fake Tits - from the diary of the Megan Fox of Ohio
    That's awful and you should feel bad.
    02-19-2013 02:33 PM
    Tuco

Thread: The ethics of stealing video games
    Your justification in life is merely self serving. Imagine if society was 100% people like you, fuck living in that place.
    05-15-2015 05:31 AM
    Anonymous fag
    the idiot who plays blessed shield with no jenkebabobob or foote

Tuconots
    I saw the name, and my first thought was that this is sparklings MMO.

Make Eorzea Great Again Kriptini's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxby View Post
    Great looking up coming MMORPG. From the creators of Ragnarok online, was just green lighted on steam. In Beta still in Korea.

Tree of Savior
    >great looking
    >creators of Ragnarok

Huh?

Tuconots
    So like, are we trying to find the tree we need to chop down to make the crosses for Calvary?

Tuconots
    I think it looks nice. I'd play it, but it depends on how the cash shop is. If it's shit I won't bother.

Tuconots
    ...I guess its kinda pretty?

Tuconots
    I remember WPE'ing the shit out of Ragnarok back in beta. Good times.

Tuconots
    I playing Ragnarok online to max level once, it was when I started to PL a friend I realized I fucking hated the game, so fuck this game too.

Tuconots
    I'd need insulin to play that. Actually, too late, just looking at that sugary sweet shit gave me the diabeetus.

I don't care how good the "game play" is, if I want to scoop my eyes out with a crusty dope spoon after playing for five minutes, I'll pass.

Tuconots
    name is engrishy as fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny49 View Post
    also chocolate release the same chemical in the brain that the feeling of love does, so i am training them to love giving me blowjobs
    Draegan's a faggot.

Tuconots
    Ya name leaves something to be desired. Drop the i , and we'll all be eating some delicious trees.

KRO was like gouging your eyes out with meat hooks. But the Emu scene was fun, I really liked the world PVP where you could take guild castles. Kind of a different feature from your standard pvp arena that most rpgs have.

Class system was always interesting, this seems to follow the RO way of leveling a base class then becoming more advanced. I think this has something like 44 classes.

Tuconots
    English beta 2 has hit the scene, anyone else getting together to play it? We could start a group up

Tuconots
    Didn't get invited, again. The stuff I read about the first beta didn't sound too promising though, in terms of leveling speed/grind.

Tuconots
    I'm already looking forward to the expansion, Rock of Savior.

Tuconots
    Anyone got a key for this to spare? I played a ton of Ragnarok as a kid and would love to check this out at least for the nostalgia.

Tuconots
    well they were giving beta invite to everyone for free if you subbed on their website a week ago, not sure if is still on, i got mine like that just to check it out (doubt its something ill play).

Tuconots
    someone give me a key. thanks.

Tuconots
    New beta keys are going out today! Nov 4th - 6th.

If you login to the webpage, go to the top right and there should be a CBT 2 beta apply button. You can link your google, and steam accounts to it also. The game is through steam, once you get a key you can put it directly into the add game keys on steam.

Tuconots
    if any of you get in make sure u go swordsman tree the rest are horrificly underpowered in comparison

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagdaddy View Post
    if any of you get in make sure u go swordsman tree the rest are horrificly underpowered in comparison
    yeah was reading that swordsman was op as fuck and hackers and bots are abundant.

Tuconots
    Just got in. Going wizard (since that's what I do in every game). Anyone else playing this?

Tuconots
    i am, but i got bored around lvl 57. Problem for me is there arent enough quests, so in the end you are forced to grinding trash mob with autoatk (spamm 1 key basically), and the experience of those mob are so low it takes ages to lvl up that way. Just not my cup of tea tbh, im fine with grinding when the combat is engaging, but that is not the case on that game.

Also War are kinda op yes, but priest imho are even more so (at least i went caster route Priest > krivisx2 > and then plan was to go sadhu and druid). Melee priest are also very good with the monk, where u basically use stamina to atk instead of mana. Priest healing make it so its very difficult to die.

Tuconots
    this game is the worst kind of pure korean grinder payshop garbage

it has no business being in beta either so many of the classes/skills dont function at all as well as tons of important (the only 2 instance dungeons dont work/ auction house doesnt work / parties dont work) features in the game

not even the huge nostalgia boner i had for this could keep me playing

tbh the developers are some kind of retarded for not making this a paid alpha access cuz there is no way this game is going to be an actual thing different from the other 200 korean payshop grinders out there

at least they would have made some money before people found out how bad it was
    Last edited by Swagdaddy; 11-08-2015 at 02:45 PM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanz View Post
    Just got in. Going wizard (since that's what I do in every game). Anyone else playing this?
    wizard tree is the worst possible choice, sword tree is just 10x better than everything else but at least archer and priest have an OP niche class or 2 wizard is all around trash

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by nyn View Post
    i am, but i got bored around lvl 57. Problem for me is there arent enough quests, so in the end you are forced to grinding trash mob with autoatk (spamm 1 key basically), and the experience of those mob are so low it takes ages to lvl up that way. Just not my cup of tea tbh, im fine with grinding when the combat is engaging, but that is not the case on that game.
    Ahh Korean games. I gave them up after Lineage 2 beta. I was duoing, my buddy said 'just 50ish more bats or so and we'll hit 15!' My brain pondered for a moment, then I uninstalled.

Tuconots
    when killing trash you need to overkill.

Tuconots
    i dislike the game as well, but you must be pretty unlucky cause the dungeon worked for me np, and the auction house/market as well worked. I also made all the four classes (wiz to 11, war>highlander 40, priest > krivisx2 57 and archer>hunter 39) and found no bug with skil.

They had moment of very terrible lag on their server, and yes sometime the market was down, but ya, all in all the game is a bit meh, certainly not something ill play.

EDit> crafting system is awful imho (recipe is used on the crafting and disappear once u crafter it),
    Last edited by nyn; 11-08-2015 at 04:45 PM.

Tuconots
    u must have been extremely lucky the market has been down for the past 4 days and about 90% of the time a few days before that

also i gave up on clicking the dungeon door after 200 times and still not loading in (even tried it again yesterday still same issue)

i will acknowledge tho that some dungeons are enterable if you have the patience to chain click the enter icons 100s if not 1000s of times some people tell me u will eventually get in

Tuconots
    Bored at lvl 8. gg

Tuconots
    I have a key for this if anyone missed out. Was going to try it.. but reviews dont look to promising.

Tuconots
    Played to level ~20 with a wizard and went Cryo. Ran across a quest boss who only took 1/2 dmg from all magic and my autoattack ()and who bugged out and regenned to full somehow. The game is slightly better than a RO-esque grind, complete with pot chugging and sitting around to regen. Still, that's basically the expectation I had going in- so if you are down for the graphics and general gameplay it's not complete trash. Seems like a lot of the slowness would be overcome with making a steamroll group, but eh. I'm barely invested enough as is.

Tuconots
    pre level 40 is tolerable with the leveling speed and damage you can do, unless you pick a swordsman it breaks down quickly into low damage massive grinds

Poor Communication Skills bixxby's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Game is out for prerelease for 10 bucks on steam, F2P release end of april. It's fun, only played a couple hours but doesn't seem too terrible. Couple of friends playing it like crazy still enjoying it at like level 70 or something I think they said.
    Battle.net:Bixxby#1897 | Steam: Bixxby | Destiny / PS4: BixxbyZzz

Tuconots
    I've been really debating this game. Is it true that it doesnt have trading? Also how grindy is it? (I love grinding)
    PSN: Coleslawter89

Poor Communication Skills bixxby's Avatar
    Tuconots
    No idea about trading i see shouts or something about people selling things so I imagine it has some way to do it. Grinding is viable at level 10 because theres piles of monsters everywhere but that's level 10. It's asian so I gotta guess the grind goes forever
    Battle.net:Bixxby#1897 | Steam: Bixxby | Destiny / PS4: BixxbyZzz

Tuconots
    Been playing pretty heavily the last few days. The grind is real.

The dungeons are enjoyable as well as the bosses you fight throughout the world. Actually having a lot of fun but I've yet to party up with anyone.

Tuconots
    I uninstalled the game as soon as i encountered the default control setup and trying to remap it.

Tuconots
    Yeah it's pretty awful, you can switch the modes though in the UI control and change to mouse basically exactly Diablo controls. Can also change keybinds, but the default keyboard set up is actually the worst thing I've ever seen and don't know how it made it into the game.

In the Panhandle waiting for death by Tornado.
    Tuconots
    So i am checking this out. Not sure I like the 100 hot keys. Apparently Cleric doesn't work well with mouse set up and it gave me an error. Played around with it a bit so its not completely awful.

Tuconots
    Melee in general is slightly wonky with the mouse but only in particular areas and when you have to click on things. Combat it seems alright about 90% of the time though. Although I noticed especially with flying monsters, you have to click on their hitbox circle and not on the monster themselves. Not a big deal but it throws me off every time I face something that's small and flying.

Tuconots
    Is there a way to bind sprint to a key in this game? I decided to try it yesterday, got to lvl like 28 before i switched to Dark Souls 3. Seems pretty fun-ish for what it is, which is like 98% Ragnarok Online? lol

Tuconots
    Game's alright, but bring your fucking poopsock sweaty grind all week chair. UI has turbo AIDS and they've made a lot of super shitty rule decisions which make the game unfun to play with friends.

Tuconots
    I'm already incredibly bored by auto attacking with 2 buffs up and occasionally hitting bash as a lvl 35 c2 Swordsman.... are you supposed to hop between each city to keep up with quests? doesn't seem like theres enough by any means just following the path of one city.

Tuconots
    So long as you run the dungeons a few times as you cross them (lvl 50, lvl 90 etc) you should be able to keep up in levels as the xp bonus is through the roof and you typically get 2 or 3 levels each run. There are some areas that are designed strictly for grinding xp, like the first Mausoleum around level 70ish.

I did notice the xp slow down to a crawl from 80-86. However once you hit 86, the xp curve resets and you start getting levels fairly fast again. I'm currently sitting at lvl 100 with plans of going Wiz3>Elem>Chrono3. Hit me up in game as Dios if you have any questions.

Tuconots
    I want to check this out. When is it supposed to be open for free play?

Tuconots
    The game will launch completely F2P on April 28th. I'd say give it a shot if you like RO or if you are just a fan of grindfests and boss killers.

Tuconots
    Do they have keys you can get to join early?

Tuconots
    Free server opens tomorrow. Anybody planning on trying it?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Faggins View Post
    Free server opens tomorrow. Anybody planning on trying it?
    Pretty sure I saw a post in another place saying the launch is actually delayed to ~may.

Tuconots
    I have in finally and paid the $15 for access. And, meh. Not a bad game, but just not worth the money.

Oh, and if you think all of the bans on bots and gold sellers helped. LoL think again. There are bots everywhere and the chat is non-stop gold seller spam. It's so bad that in the city area, the game goes in stop motion because of all the spam.

Tuconots
    Gold sellers are the fucking cancer of MMO's. It was unbelievable at the beginning of Blade and Soul too, to where I couldnt even read real chat.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Felmega View Post
    Gold sellers are the fucking cancer of MMO's. It was unbelievable at the beginning of Blade and Soul too, to where I couldnt even read real chat.
    They made it a lot better but yeah it's pretty much every mmo now. It's like "hacking" waves with people reusing old passwords and connection issues due to shitty routing. Every mmo has the same issues, but everytime there's always a bunch of people complaining like it can somehow be magically fixed by the power of good will and hard work. I mean gold spam can kinda be improved a lot, and games shouldn't really launch without proper blocking and reporting tools, but still.

Tuconots
    The more I play this game, the more it grows on me.

Tuconots
    Anybody playing this at all? I need a guild.

Thread Information