PC - Negotiable, master race obviously.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Budos View Post
    Info:
    - Will release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One in 2016
    - PC release is "negotiable."
    Jimmies rustled... first they make me buy ds2 twice now this

Tuconots
    Hasn't PC been DS 1/2's biggest selling platform? I don't get why they tend to have a malaise about porting there.

Tuconots
    Yes!!!! I do hope it incorporates some of bloodborne's speed and fluidity into the more static Dark Souls style. (Movement wise and I like the transformation attack.)
    Currently playing GW2 on NSP server and Bloodborne.

Tuconots
    They know console user will buy it on PC. I got DS1 PS4/PC and DS2 PS3/PC/PS4.....

Banned
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithose View Post
    Hasn't PC been DS 1/2's biggest selling platform? I don't get why they tend to have a malaise about porting there.
    Because Japanese devs tend to eschew PC, basically. They don't feel it is their strength. I dunno. Its silly but in Japan PC is just not a priority at all.

Quote Originally Posted by heian View Post
    They know console user will buy it on PC. I got DS1 PS4/PC and DS2 PS3/PC/PS4.....
    Yeah, this as well. They want to put it on console first, sell a bunch, recoup costs for developing on the next gen platform systems first, then port it knowing they'll get a second round of purchases.

Its dirty but no more dirty than what Rockstar does with GTA.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithose View Post
    Not sure about DS2 but wasn't DS pc controls absolutely fucked until a third party patch/mod fixed it?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbitcabbit View Post
    Not sure about DS2 but wasn't DS pc controls absolutely fucked until a third party patch/mod fixed it?
    Yes.

Banned
    Tuconots
    DS1 on PC happened like this:

DS 1 came out on ps3 and xbox and everyone loved it.
    PC community begged From to put it on PC via petitions that reached significant numbers
    From said "Okay, but we have no clue wtf we're doing, we haven't developed for the PC before, and we're worried about sinking too much into the project when we're unsure of the profitability of such a project, so don't expect perfection here, folks."
    And then they ported the game in the cheapest manner possible.

So that's why that was. DS2 was greatly improved from that experience for a reason.

Tuconots
    I play it on my 360 controller without mods and it seams fine to me. I do use dsfix to get smaller hud and 60fps

Tuconots
    We're talking about kb/m, which was like the opposite of intuitive, as well as a few other issues.

Tuconots
    Yeah, it was fucking trash without a controller--I bought a controller just for DS (But now I'm glad I did, tons of games do pretty well with a controller.)
    Last edited by Lithose; 06-05-2015 at 11:23 PM.

Tuconots
    Praise the sun!!!!!!

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by hodj View Post
    Because Japanese devs tend to eschew PC, basically. They don't feel it is their strength. I dunno. Its silly but in Japan PC is just not a priority at all.

Yeah, this as well. They want to put it on console first, sell a bunch, recoup costs for developing on the next gen platform systems first, then port it knowing they'll get a second round of purchases.

Its dirty but no more dirty than what Rockstar does with GTA.
    Backstory on the PC thing: It is has been changing over time, but for the most part the people with custom built PCs (read: gaming pcs) were generally the guys playing copious amounts of hentai-games/ero-games and were basically societal creepyfucks. Not all of them were, obviously, but that was the impression that the majority of developers and the populace in general had. Since game developers tend to not want to make games for a platform with that sort of stigma, the bigger more mainstream companies kind of just didn't do it for the longest time. This is changing, definitely, but I would imagine that many developers over there still have that somewhat outdated mindset.

Also, fuck yes Dark Souls 3. Not sure how I feel about combo moves tho.

Unnnngggggghhhh yes, so fucking ready for this.

Tuconots
    Will probably end up as my GOTY 2016. Don't even know what could compete with it that is due in 2016. Love these games so much.

Now FROM needs to take the money from their sales of DS1-3 and Bloodborne and buy out the rights for Dragons Dogma.

2016 - Dark Souls 3
    2017 - Bloodborne 2
    2018 - Dragon's Dogma 2
    2019 - Dark Souls 4

and so on.

Tuconots
    I want a Zelda made by From Software. Zelda II 2....

Zelda II is the first game I ever finished on my NES.

Tuconots
    Any word as to whether Miyazaki is spearheading this? Dark Souls 2 was just fine without him, but I'd still prefer to know he's at the helm.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Droigan View Post
    Will probably end up as my GOTY 2016. Don't even know what could compete with it that is due in 2016. Love these games so much.

Now FROM needs to take the money from their sales of DS1-3 and Bloodborne and buy out the rights for Dragons Dogma.

2016 - Dark Souls 3
    2017 - Bloodborne 2
    2018 - Dragon's Dogma 2
    2019 - Dark Souls 4

and so on.
    Its a little early to crown a game you know very little about besides its lineage against games you don't even know.
    PSN: Ritley

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Ritley View Post
    Its a little early to crown a game you know very little about besides its lineage against games you don't even know.
    Incorrect!

You've played Dark Souls right?

Tuconots
    I've played Dark Souls 2, so that's enough to make me agree with him. Skeptical at least until they announce whether it's Miyazaki or the B-team.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

I guess he's right, Dark Souls 2 1/2 could come out in the same year, right before.

Tuconots
    All I want is Bloodborne 2.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    I'm interested in seeing how they're going to balance making your own moveset (if the leaks prove true). Also, why have so many new weapons if that's the case?

Hopefully they have more than just scant details for their E3 reveal.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by eXarc View Post
    You've played Dark Souls right?
    I hear Naughty Dog is releasing a little game in 2016 too. Not to mention the other hundred games I can't think of off the top of my head

Tuconots
    Naughty Dog has a crew of alchemist programmers that consistently coax more out of limited material than I'd consider possible, they hire better writers and actors than any other gaming dev that I can think of, and everything they release is innovative enough and polished enough to force me to reevaluate the possibilities of gaming as a medium.

They haven't, however, ever released anything that remotely approaches the heights attained by even the worst Souls game.
    Last edited by DoctorSpooge; 06-06-2015 at 04:03 AM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandai View Post
    I'm interested in seeing how they're going to balance making your own moveset (if the leaks prove true). Also, why have so many new weapons if that's the case?

Hopefully they have more than just scant details for their E3 reveal.
    This is what I'm curious about...part of the balance in the weapon system IS the move set. It's why a lower damage and even slower attack weapon can sometimes still be better than a weapon that numerically is superior. It's one of the best aspects of DS because it really makes you think.

If the moves are pushed onto the player, then it would seem that the balance between weapons becomes a lot more prone to simply grabbing the highest damage weapons. Unless they are going to balance all moves with unique interactions with all weapons....which if they do, fucking bravo. But I doubt it.

Tuconots
    Honestly, I took the "sword fighting arts" thing to essentially be "spells for melee characters," rather than building your own move set for your weapon, but I guess we'll see soon enough.

I think they are interested in the possibility of giving people the ability to say, parry with a dagger on L2 or if you choose you can select a heavy attack with it instead. Obviously no one knows, but I think something like that (and probably much more fleshed out/properly designed) is likely.

Tuconots
    I don't expect Bloodbourne's freedom of healing in DS3. I honestly think they will try to keep the two separate because if they don't why would they ever make another Bloodbourne sequel. The slower pace of Dark Souls needs to stay. The faster pace will belong to the Bloodbourne series.
    PSN: Araxen, Xbox Live: Araxen II, WiiU: Araxen, Steam: Araxen

Tuconots
    I agree, and hope they keep the IPs separate. No reason to cannibalize, each series has its strengths/weaknesses.

Tuconots
    One thing I do hope they'll lift from Bloodborne is using the dash-dodge rather than the roll (probably slowed down from what it is in BB). Sure, it's just an aesthetic thing, but after seeing the change in Bloodborne, rolling seems a little goofy (cue the "dark souls" MMA gif).

Tuconots
    Note I said "my" though. Not it will be reviewed as such.

For me, the Souls games hit that perfect spot. Very large, difficult, but skill based fantasy games. They feature very high rewards of exploration, with both items, bosses, areas and lore.

I agree with DoctorSpooge that said

Naughty Dog has a crew of alchemist programmers that consistently coax more out of limited material than I'd consider possible, they hire better writers and actors than any other gaming dev that I can think of, and everything they release is innovative enough and polished enough to force me to reevaluate the possibilities of gaming as a medium.

They haven't, however, ever released anything that remotely approaches the heights attained by even the worst Souls game.
    If I were to list my favorite games of all time, it would include many individual titles, but the "FromSoftware formula" would stand on its own with games comparable only to each other and Dragon's Dogma. So not really too early to crown Dark Souls 3 as my GOTY 2016 as it is in a genre of games I enjoy more than any other.

Tuconots
    God I just fucking came in my pants. To be honest they should drop pc altogether. They do terrible ports

Banned
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlemod View Post
    To be honest they should drop pc altogether.
    Quiet thy wicked tongue, Man of Noodles!

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlemod View Post
    God I just fucking came in my pants. To be honest they should drop pc altogether. They do terrible ports
    Well they could hire Durante as a consultant and give him source access a few months before release.

Tuconots
    Since I've never played a DS game due to how the games animations bothered me (seem slow / chunky), and now having played (and truly enjoyed) Bloodborne, I hope DS3 has the same fluid combat animations, would be amazing to have a game with the DS series depth, plus BB combat (aside from healing).

Tuconots
    Coming back to this, apparently more shit was leaked and it does say Early 2016 for the planned release date.

Tuconots
    PSN: Coleslawter89

Tuconots
    I really enjoyed bloodborne, I've yet to get into a dark souls game despite playing them both. They feel incredibly clunky to me. I hope they can address that in this next one.

If this actually releases in early 2016 I will be blown the fuck away. Excited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agraza View Post
    There was a hole in my soul that now houses an internet panther. Thank you Soygen.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedwyn View Post
    I really enjoyed bloodborne, I've yet to get into a dark souls game despite playing them both. They feel incredibly clunky to me. I hope they can address that in this next one.
    I'm not sure what you would be referring to as clunky since Bloodborne is essentially Dark Souls without shields.

Tuconots
    I think he mean that the character feel nimble and the animation flow very well.

Tuconots

Tuconots
    Dark Souls1/2 isn't clunky in any way unless you load yourself down in weight or something.
    Want to play the next big MMO with us? check out Black Desert Online

Tuconots
    Sometimes doing the fat roll is worth it...one could say, it rocks

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by heian View Post
    I think he mean that the character feel nimble and the animation flow very well.
    I'm not trying to be a dick, but I just don't see it. While I appreciate that everyone has different tastes, it strikes me as odd that someone would love only one of a series of three games that are, mechanically speaking, extremely similar (mechanics including nimble-ness and animation flow). Hell, when Scholar of the First Sin came out I played a light armor 2handed build, and it played just like Bloodborne. The only exception is that I had to dodge hits since I couldn't get my health back by counterattacking.

Tuconots
    I'm actually sad, I'd hate to see this turn into a yearly franchise ala Assassins Creed, CoD, Battlefield etc. Oh well, here's to Dark Souls 2016.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaide View Post
    I'm actually sad, I'd hate to see this turn into a yearly franchise ala Assassins Creed, CoD, Battlefield etc. Oh well, here's to Dark Souls 2016.
    I'd love to see this turn into a yearly franchise. Arbitrarily extending release windows doesn't make a game better, and From has yet to just push shit out the door to get it out. If DS3 suffers from yearly-franchiseitis, I'll happily agree with you. But Bloodborne was very good and released only a year after DS2.

Tuconots
    srsly contemplating pirating it if it hits PC. Still majorly pissed about them not giving a fuck about the durability glitch until it also hit their console customers.

Tuconots
    I couldn't get through DS2 because I was so disappointed in the game environments. What made DS1 so enjoyable was getting through tough content and being rewarded with an amazing new world to explore. In DS2 I got to the spider queen and can't remember a single environment I thought was that cool. Actually I take that back, the 'home base' you have is a cool zone because of the outstretched water.

I'll probably replay it after a few times, but with low hopes. I also didn't like any of the builds, but I'm sure there's some that are powerful and fun I didn't play yet.
    Want to play the next big MMO with us? check out Black Desert Online

Tuconots
    I'm not trying to be a dick, but I just don't see it. While I appreciate that everyone has different tastes, it strikes me as odd that someone would love only one of a series of three games that are, mechanically speaking, extremely similar (mechanics including nimble-ness and animation flow). Hell, when Scholar of the First Sin came out I played a light armor 2handed build, and it played just like Bloodborne. The only exception is that I had to dodge hits since I couldn't get my health back by counterattacking.
    Obviously you have the experience with DS games that I do not, but to me when I would watch Twitch streams of DS2 Sins and Bloodborne, the difference in animation smoothness was pretty big.

Tuconots
    I'd love to see this turn into a yearly franchise. Arbitrarily extending release windows doesn't make a game better, and From has yet to just push shit out the door to get it out. If DS3 suffers from yearly-franchiseitis, I'll happily agree with you. But Bloodborne was very good and released only a year after DS2.
    That schedule only worked because Miyazaki moved over to lead Bloodborne development after the DkS1 DLC was done, and the B-team was put together to develop DkS2. He has also said in interviews that he has no interest in making endless Dark Souls sequels, so I won't be surprised at all if it turns out that he isn't working on DkS3 either.

And I agree with Kedwyn. It was hard enough to adjust to the change from Demon's to Dark Souls, but the difference between Bloodborne and Dark Souls is on a whole different level. I don't want them to just slap BB combat into Souls though, they need to improve it in other ways.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    Yearly releases seem to me to be ideal until they're proven not to be. If it turns out to be a half-assed endeavor, they'll need to decelerate series development. I'd certainly love a new Souls every year, though.

Confirmed Beta Shitlord. Phazael's Avatar
    Tuconots
    I said this in the BB thread, but it is (for me at least) the weakest of the series. The twitch gameplay, the linear progression, the limited enemy types, the erratic hit boxes, and the silly difficulty progression curve all put me off. The complete lack of replay value hurts, too. I mean, pick any souls game and you can replay it with different gear and have a completely different experience. Having said that, even though BB is From's weakest game (again my opinion) its still better than 90% of the shit out there and I do not regret making a day one purchase of it in any way. I just hope that DS3 does not adopt the twitch play and gutted gear of BB. Keep the two franchises separate.

Unlike some, I actually really enjoyed the different sprawling environments of DS2 (esp with the DLC) and the difficulty curve seemed exactly spot on, without any need to farm for health/levels periodically like other entries in the series had. I think if there is some customization in move sets, they will solve the weapon balance problems. Really, the biggest flaw in DS2 was having a lot of weapons be useless due to the DUR bug or gimped move sets. And for the love of god don't adopt the horrid online play of BB. DS2 had the best online co-op and pvp model of the entire franchise.
    668 The Neighbor of the Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Erronious
    I don't F5 Rerolled often, but when I do, I'm waiting on nudes

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Phazael View Post
    I said this in the BB thread, but it is (for me at least) the weakest of the series. The twitch gameplay, the linear progression, the limited enemy types, the erratic hit boxes, and the silly difficulty progression curve all put me off. The complete lack of replay value hurts, too. I mean, pick any souls game and you can replay it with different gear and have a completely different experience. Having said that, even though BB is From's weakest game (again my opinion) its still better than 90% of the shit out there and I do not regret making a day one purchase of it in any way. I just hope that DS3 does not adopt the twitch play and gutted gear of BB. Keep the two franchises separate.

Unlike some, I actually really enjoyed the different sprawling environments of DS2 (esp with the DLC) and the difficulty curve seemed exactly spot on, without any need to farm for health/levels periodically like other entries in the series had. I think if there is some customization in move sets, they will solve the weapon balance problems. Really, the biggest flaw in DS2 was having a lot of weapons be useless due to the DUR bug or gimped move sets. And for the love of god don't adopt the horrid online play of BB. DS2 had the best online co-op and pvp model of the entire franchise.
    I agree with most of what you are saying, Bloodborne multiplayer was a step in the wrong direction. I never could get summoning to work well, and only invaded a few times. In DS2 there was very few times that I didn't multiplay, either invading or being a sunbro.

What I did like in BB is the improvement in gameplay. After playing my initial play through of BB, then loading up PS4 DS2 port, it seemed so slow. Even playing with a 2her and trying to rush everything wasn't as fluid as BB.

If they can combine some of these elements, such as fast paced fluid movement and gameplay. Maybe redesign the shield mechanic so you can't use it as a way to hide. Also have good reason for summoning and invading. I think DS3 will be the best game yet.

Tuconots
    The shield mechanic was something I actually liked. It made for methodical thought out combat. BB is just frantically reefing on the attack and hoping your rally regain and stamina outlast the trash, or for bosses its just poke dodge poke. There were plenty of fights (and a lot of PvP) where having a shield did not matter or outright lowered your odds of winning. The amount of autotrack attacks and one hit kills in BB was, frankly, ridiculous especially given how twitch based the combat is. It is also annoying how they basically stripped any form of meaningful ranged attack from the player but then littered the game with ranged attacks with essentially unlimited ammo (particularly the NPC agro hunters). Say what you want about range gimping in the Souls series, but if rewarded knowledge of the enemies and maps, plus it was a not factor in boss fights.

The two things BB did do very well were the changes to the game world as the story progressed (which rewarded back tracking and make the mandatory potion farms somewhat less monotonous) and the numerous optional areas/bosses for people who want to scout the entire game. While the main path was fairly linear, having lots of side areas to dick around with made for some fun diversions, particularly castle cainhurst. I like the idea behind Insight, I just wish it was more than another form of currency for the player.

Tuconots
    BB is just frantically reefing on the attack and hoping your rally regain and stamina outlast the trash, or for bosses its just poke dodge poke.
    As was pointed out several times in the Bloodborne thread, you're doing it wrong.

The amount of autotrack attacks
    And I can't take you seriously after posting this in a Dark Souls thread. BB has a small amount of autotracking. DkS2 has mobs that can pivot a full 180 degrees ALL OVER THE PLACE.
    Last edited by Vorph; 06-11-2015 at 04:40 PM.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    I don't understand the complaints of potion farming. I think I honestly spent less than 30 minutes the whole game farming for "potions" (I was really farming souls to buy the potions). The change to increase your reserve capacity makes it even more trivial

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorph View Post
    As was pointed out several times in the Bloodborne thread, you're doing it wrong.

And I can't take you seriously after posting this in a Dark Souls thread. BB has a small amount of autotracking. DkS2 has mobs that can pivot a full 180 degrees ALL OVER THE PLACE.
    Point 1-
    I completed the entire game, minus the chalice stuff from Izl (sp?) Root onward. Once I got Ludwigs, all I did was mash R1 most of the time and no boss (aside from Martyr) took more than three attempts to beat. If it wasn't in a Depth 4+ Chalice dungeon, it ceased being difficult. Looking at the BB thread, it sure seems like I was not the only person with that experience.

Can you learn the intricate parry and attack patterns of the other weapons? Sure, but why bother with anything but Ludwigs (maybe Hunter's Blade eventually) and just faceroll your way through? For all the hipster cracks about shields in the souls games, at least you had to manage stamina and plan your takedowns of groups of enemies. The BB game? Wade in and reef R1, stepping out to heal if needed. I originally thought the problem was just Ludwigs being OP and/or the goofy hit boxes, but you get nearly the same situation with the Hunter's Blade only worse in some ways because it does not care what part of the weapon makes contact with when determining damage.

Point 2-
    This crap turns up as early as the Forbidden Woods, with the hot poker witches changing direction mid attack. The werewolf casters and brain sucker shamans all spin track with their key moves. The executioners two main chop moves can alter direction in mid chop animation. The kung fu zombies in the Chalice dungeons do it tons. The floaty brains in Nightmare spin to face on their grabs and as an added bonus just radiate 360 frenzy with no range limit. That's just off the top of my head and not even getting into the boss mobs. You see enemies doing that crap from the first zone all the way until the end of the game, and everywhere in between.

Yes I know it happened a lot in DS2 (and DeS), though not very much in the DLC. But it was limited to a few specific attacks on only some of the enemies. Almost none of the bosses did it. Further, the game play in the Souls games is much more measured and less twitch, so dealing with it did not require the reaction time of a Korean starcraft player dosing red bull. It is also worth pointing out that none of the auto-tracking attacks in any Souls Game were for one hit kill attacks, like the various boss grapples that do it in BB. That is with the exception of the Persuer, who can eat a big bag of dicks as far as I am concerned.

Still want to point out, BB was an excellent game and one of the best of this console generation, hands down. I just preferred the more methodical combat of the Souls series.

Tuconots
    I don't understand the complaints of potion farming. I think I honestly spent less than 30 minutes the whole game farming for "potions" (I was really farming souls to buy the potions). The change to increase your reserve capacity makes it even more trivial
    Early on, it REALLY sucked. Before you get Ludwigs and just faceroll/oneshot everything, some bosses present serious learning curves that burn up your stock. Once Hyperion Gaol opens up, then yeah full restock and some bonus mats in under 15 minutes. Its still tedious and there is no reason to make people farm blood vials, except to pad the length of the game. There is not an infinite supply of them, like herbs in Demons Souls and the increased capacity and healing mechanic for Estus worked just fine in DS2.

Tuconots
    I hope it has a lot of dark, dreary, scary places that make me nervous as fuck.
    Kaige#1128 - Battle.net
    Kaige - Steam

Tuconots
    I hope it doesn't have basilisks. Those things scare the fuck out of me and I have no idea why.

Tuconots
    Its the eyes, those things have fucking freaky eyes.
    Kaige#1128 - Battle.net
    Kaige - Steam

Tuconots

Miyazaki directing, PS4/Xbone/PC early next year

Tuconots
    Fucking incredible.

Tuconots
    God my body is fucking ready
    Noodleface#1412 - <Rerolled> US-Hyjal Horde - Noodleface

Follow me on Twitch! - Streaming Rerolled minivan dad raids Friday nights 9PM EST and Saturday mornings 11AM EST!

Tuconots
    Also, looks like this might be the last Dark Souls game. That's not to say we might not see more of Bloodborne/Demon's Souls, but this will be the final one.

Last edited by Derkon; 06-15-2015 at 07:22 PM.

Tuconots
    Interesting that the player character in those new shots is dressed like the king from the trailer. Giving a hint to the story?

Make Eorzea Great Again Kriptini's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Derkon View Post

Calling it now, these are bullshots. They did it with DS2, they'll do it with DS3. If anyone honestly believes the game is going to look like that when they play it, they're kidding themselves.

It'll still be a day one buy for me, though.

Tuconots
    I don't play Dark Souls for the graphics, I play it for the tender raping I get in my butthole.

It's ok if it's the last in the series as long as they continue to make awesome fucking games.
    Noodleface#1412 - <Rerolled> US-Hyjal Horde - Noodleface

Follow me on Twitch! - Streaming Rerolled minivan dad raids Friday nights 9PM EST and Saturday mornings 11AM EST!

Tuconots
    Looks a lot like Bloodborne...so the game could actually be like that.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Zindan View Post
    Looks a lot like Bloodborne...so the game could actually be like that.
    It won't be. Don't even hope. Bloodborne doesn't do lighting like those pictures and neither will DS3.

Where's my money Leo?
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
    Calling it now, these are bullshots. They did it with DS2, they'll do it with DS3. If anyone honestly believes the game is going to look like that when they play it, they're kidding themselves.

It'll still be a day one buy for me, though.
    I think this one will look a lot better then DS2 imo. This one thankfully is not cross gen.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixtilplix View Post
    I think this one will look a lot better then DS2 imo. This one thankfully is not cross gen.
    But even SotFS edition doesn't look as good as the original bullshots.

Tuconots
    Well Miyazaki is directing so it should be good.
    FFXIV: Xanthala Kurenai - Excalibur
    P99: Shiroe/Manowarr/Tofusin
    NNID: Man0warr, FC: 3480-2650-2736
    PSN: Man0warr1

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Man0warr View Post
    Well Miyazaki is directing so it should be good.
    If they can combine the atmosphere/world of the first game with the superior mechanics of the second game, it'd be great.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
    the superior mechanics of the second game
    LOL no.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorph View Post
    LOL no.
    It's true though. Unlike the first game, you could do PvE with pretty much any build you wanted and be okay. Dark Souls 1 made pure mage playthroughs or playthroughs with weird weapons (such as whips or claws) extremely difficult because there was no way to recharge spellcasts and they made most weapons just outright suck, whereas in Dark Souls 2 all weapons have at least decent base stats and you can use elemental infusion to make them better if need be (elemental infusion in DS1 was garbage). DS2 also fixed parry-fishing by making them more difficult time, and they fixed backstab-fishing by making hitboxes not awful. Sure, Resonant Soul/Greater Resonant Soul/Climax have very large cheese potential, but at least they were nerfed, whereas the super OP weapons and spells in DS1 (WoG, anyone?) were never touched.

Tuconots
    I honestly can't think of a single mechanic I prefer in DkS2 over Demon's Souls or Dark Souls, other than being able to bind jump to L3.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    Fast travel from the start.
    Dual wield / power stance.
    Being able to farm end game upgrade mats easily w/ ascetics.
    Ascetics in general.
    Gavlan wheel. Gavlan deal.

Tuconots
    The UI is much much better in Dark Souls 2. Going back to the overly huge health bars in Dark Souls 1 is tough.
    PSN: Araxen, Xbox Live: Araxen II, WiiU: Araxen, Steam: Araxen

Tuconots
    Yeah but fuck dark souls 2 overhead lazer sighting

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenas View Post
    Fast travel from the start.
    Dual wield / power stance.
    Being able to farm end game upgrade mats easily w/ ascetics.
    Ascetics in general.
    I think fast travel and ascetics were a mistake in DkS2.

And I added Demon's Souls to my statement specifically because BBS+Moon Uchi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any powerstance shit in DkS2. I can only hope that part of the moveset features they're adding to DkS3 includes making a proper dual wield system again.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

God fucking damnit I am so god damn fucking hype for this shit aaaaaaafhhhhhhhhhhhhnggggggggg.

Carry on.

e; Any lore confirmation? That looked eerily similar to The Last Giant in the trailer. Face missing, crown and all.
    Last edited by eXarc the Internet Panther; 06-16-2015 at 03:22 AM.
    There was a hole in my soul that now houses an internet panther. Thank you Soygen.

Tuconots
    So it says 1-4 players, true co-op like Diablo or just Dark souls style with more players?
    "It's better to look ugly and win, than pretty and lose."

Quote Originally Posted by Rogosh View Post
    So it says 1-4 players, true co-op like Diablo or just Dark souls style with more players?
    I would say they tapped into the co-op pretty well in DS2, especially in comparison to 1 where you could only co-op near bosses. I would hope they stick with 2, where you can pretty much play with someone whereever you can drop/find a summon sign. If they had *true* co-op though, especially for 4 players, I would lose my shit out of happiness.

Tuconots
    In an interview with Eurogamer, Miyazaki said that DS3 wouldn't be the final game in the series. He meant it would be a turning point. He'd like to move past the medieval fantasy aspect of the world.

PC Gamer

Tuconots
    That giant faceless dude at the end, Miyazaki referred to him as the Lord of Cinder. Could this be the player from the first game? (meaning all you scrubs who walked away did not win!!!!!)

E3 2015: Dark Souls 3 is Everything I Want in a Dark Souls Sequel - IGN

Tuconots
    Can almost guarantee coop will be the same it has always been.

Also coop is for PUSSIES.

Tuconots
    Co-op is fun and a lot more entertaining way to farm souls than just re-plowing levels. Plus a lot of the better encounters in the DS2 DLC revolved around aspects of co-op, including the final Ice King fight.

Tuconots
    People who have seen the demo in E3 seem happy.

- It is so hard that the developers showing off the demo keep dying, unable to beat it
    - It is more like Dark Souls 1 than 2, with more of everything. Also takes some of Bloodborne in that weapons have multiple stances + charge attacks
    - Sword + shield is back

And from the IGN article linked above.

“Areas are interconnected just like in the first Dark Souls,” said Miyazaki. “Having an interconnected map is my favorite.”
    Hyped, would pay for early access

Tuconots
    It wouldn't be a Souls game without contrived and confusing multiplayer. At the rate that they 'improve' their multiplayer matchmaking systems we won't get a user friendly co-op/pvp system until Dark Souls 35.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by HUH View Post
    It wouldn't be a Souls game without contrived and confusing multiplayer. At the rate that they 'improve' their multiplayer matchmaking systems we won't get a user friendly co-op/pvp system until Dark Souls 35.
    This man speaks the truth. Somehow they made multiplayer more convoluted and confusing in Bloodborne than the Souls games.

Tuconots
    Uh Bloodborne has the easiest multiplayer of them all, especially since they removed any level caps when using passwords. I am playing DS1 again with my brother and we are having a real bitch of a time connecting with one another sometimes.

Tuconots
    Compared to DS2? Not a chance. DS2, you put a mark down if you want to help and other person clicks the mark if they want the help. Compare that to the convoluted shit you have to do to get any co-op going in BB....

Thread Information