Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARK: Survival Evolved

Tuconots

ARK: Survival Evolved

Looks interesting, probably another game that will never make it out of early access(alpha/beta).

ARK: Survival Evolved on Steam

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Harfle View Post
    Looks interesting, probably another game that will never make it out of early access(alpha/beta).

ARK: Survival Evolved on Steam
    Nudity is problematic. why cant she start with sensible clothing? Shitlord developers.

Tuconots
    They just announced releases for ps4 and Morpheus, so I don't think this is vapor

Tuconots
    you can apply for alpha here. looks interesting i guess but i'm too old for survival games
    ARK: Survival Evolved

Tuconots
    I just saw this. Is this an MMO or a smaller kind of game?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Draegan View Post
    I just saw this. Is this an MMO or a smaller kind of game?
    You can play single-player local games, and bring your character and items between unofficial player-hosted servers, back and forth from singleplayer to multiplayer. Mod the game, with full Steam Workshop support and customized Unreal Engine 4 editor. See how we built our ARK using our maps and assets as an example. Host your own server and configure your ARK precisely to your liking. We want to see what you create!

Tuconots
    Early access on Monday. Kind of looking forward to trying this out. Wonder how much they plan on charging? Hopefully something reasonable.

Tuconots
    Unless it has changed 25.lots of hype but lots of questions as well for something only 2 days away

Tuconots
    The price tag will be 25, and is being released on the June 2nd.

Apparently it's supposed to be a lot like Rust in building, but the combat/PVP system will be a bit slower like H1Z1. I watched a few videos/stream interviews and this game definitely has potential from a studio with no gaming experience. I wish them the best of luck in this tough market.

Tuconots
    NDA or something lifted this afternoon. Lots of twitch streamers playing this right now. All I've learned is you can create some fucked up looking characters.

Twitch

Tuconots
    So who is hopping on this arc train.. dinosaurs count me in

Tuconots
    Just waiting for it to release on Steam. I'm ok with paying $25 for a few hours of entertainment with the hope that I get much more out of it. I mean, how can you not be intrigued by a game where one of your skills is defecate?

Tuconots
    watching they typical streamers on twitch running around in this. seems like fun. kinna laggy, but no way will i deny myself running round on a raptor. i keep refreshing steam waiting for it to be available.

Banned
    Tuconots
    This is available for purchase now on steam

Tuconots
    so what is this, everyone band up and try to survive the world of dinosaurs and shit? or is there pvp.
    Thread: Vicodin, Cigarettes, and My Fake Tits - from the diary of the Megan Fox of Ohio
    That's awful and you should feel bad.
    02-19-2013 02:33 PM
    Tuco

Thread: The ethics of stealing video games
    Your justification in life is merely self serving. Imagine if society was 100% people like you, fuck living in that place.
    05-15-2015 05:31 AM
    Anonymous fag
    the idiot who plays blessed shield with no jenkebabobob or foote

Tuconots
    Looks cool. I'm hopeful for the whole base-building aspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by brekk View Post
    In all reality I take pride in peoples surprise that I have mod powers at all.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by TecKnoe View Post
    so what is this, everyone band up and try to survive the world of dinosaurs and shit? or is there pvp.
    As far as I can tell, it's just a H1Z1/Rust type game in a dinosaur environment, with a few other aspects thrown in. Like levels.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Zx88 View Post
    As far as I can tell, it's just a H1Z1/Rust type game in a dinosaur environment, with a few other aspects thrown in. Like levels.
    And dinosaurs you gay

Tuconots
    I hear there are a lot of connection issues at the moment.

Tuconots
    Ya launch completely fuct up, I paused my DL by Accident and it wiped out all my progress when I hit resume GG.

in other words dont pause your dl for gods sake
    Last edited by Ash80; 06-03-2015 at 02:51 AM.

Tuconots
    was excited to get this but after watching a few streams its kinda meh...

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Harfle View Post
    was excited to get this but after watching a few streams its kinda meh...
    I cant even get passed the server screens. lol shit give me some kind of crash log. Even just that part, looks generic as fuck.

Tuconots
    Rolled on public server 63 got a tier 2 base set up in the south east if anyones interested, having fun so far.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash80 View Post
    Rolled on public server 63 got a tier 2 base set up in the south east if anyones interested, having fun so far.
    lol that level 30 fucked us up lastnight when he raided our base. lol that shit was funny, i was talkign shit to him, then he jumps into the base and it was curtains for us. haha

Banned
    Tuconots
    Just sat down and fiddled with this for an hour.

The successor to Minecraft is here. And it improves upon the core gameplay about a thousand fold.

Tuconots
    I've read that the building isn't there yet as far as comparing it to Minecraft. It does seem an interesting game, though not one I'm willing to pay for quite yet.

Banned
    Tuconots
    Building probably is not at the same level of Minecraft, but it does literally everything else better in every way, especially for being early access (though seemingly largely feature complete though I could be wrong)

Tuconots
    everyone calls their game Beta or Alpha at release now, i no longer put credit in the descriptor

building doesn't seem on par w/ minecraft, not reign of kings, not rust, probably close to h1z1? i'm not seeing much over 2 stories really. i'm more interested in leveling and riding around on dinos.

how friendly is this to someone that's mostly solo and doesn't play every day? trying to judge what kind of commitment i need to enjoy the game. given you can lose your mounts when in game, i assume it's trivial to lose them when logged out.

Banned
    Tuconots
    You don't have to play it multiplayer at all. I was playing a solo game.

Tuconots
    Ya building needs some work but you can make as many stories as you want around lvl 27 you get alot more building options ladders trap doors things like that and you can surround your base with a huge fence wall with a jurassic park style main gate.

Tuconots
    Once everyone is max level, the newbies are going to have a bad time in this game. the struggle is going to be serious. Right now everyone is just leveling making their bases.

Banned
    Tuconots
    Well you can level in the solo game then import a character to multiplayer, at least that's how it looked like to me.

Could be wrong.

Tuconots
    i heard only on unoffcial servers? i dunno, but i do know that having even a wood base is absolutely worthless now that people have a few levels in game. They just demolish your shit in minutes. So thatch huts and wood housing= 100 percent worthless. Its like why even bother if they can be broken into soo fucking easy.

Tuconots
    They increased structure damage resistance by 50% recently, maybe that will help some. Seems like they are patching the game almost daily, which is nice to see. Now if I could only get more than 15 fps no matter what my settings are. GTX 970, i5-2500K, 8GB RAM and changing my graphics options doesn't do a damn thing for my fps. Still pretty fun game though.

Tuconots
    I rolled a character on offical #63 server is there a tribe up? IGN gRIPa.

Tuconots
    The game is anything but optimized for any graphics platform. To help boost FPS performance (considerably) enable shader model 4. Go into steam library, right click properties, general tab, set launch options, and type "-sm4" without the quotes.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Agripa View Post
    I rolled a character on offical #63 server is there a tribe up? IGN gRIPa.
    yeah, we have a tribe up there. we are on the east coast, i think something like 70/70 is where our base is located. Hit me up on steam when you get on and i can invite you into the tribe kcxiv is my steam name. WE are also using the Rerolled mumble server for h1z1. I still play both games. Just use the same mumble server

Tuconots
    Yes their is a tribe if you spawn in the east of the map our base is at 70, 70 Jungle monkeys is the Guild name have to meet up in game to invite to guild. There is a mumble server we use i belive the info is in the first page of the H1z1 thread.

Tuconots
    Ive put about 30 hours into this game in teh last week on a server my buddy hosts. Been having a blast. really like building shit, like riding my dino, I dont know what else a game needs.

With the game still being buggy, playing on an Unofficial server has been great, especially the ability to Godmode after you fall through the world (has happened more than a handful of times in caves). Funny thing is, you can still die as a god if you run out of stamina.

With the update to the spawn rate of metal announced for today (not sure if it is out yet), I am looking forward to seeing what a metal base looks like.

Tuconots
    the lag today is unreal. Im getting like 15-20 fps. this game needs serious optimization.

Tuconots
    Comparing a non-voxel game to a voxel game is asinine. There is no mining in this game. Its just harvesting spawn in nodes with prefab base building junk like H1Z1/Rust.

Its pretty much Rust with Tamable mounts.

How long till the QQ starts about hackers wiping out a tribes stuff in seconds that took hours to get.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by ili View Post
    Comparing a non-voxel game to a voxel game is asinine. There is no mining in this game. Its just harvesting spawn in nodes with prefab base building junk like H1Z1/Rust.

Its pretty much Rust with Tamable mounts.

How long till the QQ starts about hackers wiping out a tribes stuff in seconds that took hours to get.
    I dont know how rust is, but at least in h1z1 i can get a gun and go have fun and i dont have to be forced to learned tradeskills in order to get a gun. This game is starting to piss me off. Bases are absolutely worthless right now. I think im taking a break until they do alot more balancing and optimization.

Game has some potential, but we have heard that before.

Tuconots
    I have a house on the east side of the island on server 63. I play at odd hours so maybe we will meet up one day!

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Agripa View Post
    I have a house on the east side of the island on server 63. I play at odd hours so maybe we will meet up one day!
    thats where the house is that we built as well. I didnt log in today though i dont know what kind of shape that house is in though.

Tuconots
    I havent logged in in about 4 days. Last time i logged in me and Ash could barely fucking move the lag was so fucking bad.

I dont know how the game has came long in the last 3-4 days, but logging out because you have to go to sleep and dying while you log out is complete bullshit. Maybe that has changed, but this game is just a grind fest. This game kind of forces you to do tradeskills in order to level up.

Game has potential i will play it from time to time. There is fun to be had, but the longer people wait to play the worse its going to be for noobs as players gain better weapons as time goes on. Putting new players at a huge huge huge fucking disadvantage.

Tuconots
    Ya'll can use the H1Z1 mumble for this as stated already. Let me know if anything comes up with it.

Spoiler: 

Mumble: rrh1z1.mumble.com
    Pass: RRH1Z155
    Port: 5599

Tuconots
    Is this any good? Want to know before the sale ends.
    Calling me a Cunt is a lot like calling Hitler a Nazi, it's not exactly received as the insult you were intending.

Star Citizen referral code - [STAR-C3G4-2XMJ]

Tuconots
    That's the normal Early Access price. It's a good game though, I've got about 150 hours into it. Can't compare it to Rust, H1Z1, or even Dayz as I've never been interested in the survival genre before this. It's got a pretty good crafting system that improves with each patch and there's been like 25-30 patches since EA release so they're actually fixing shit constantly unlike most EA games. Dinos are fun to tame/ride/use, even if the AI is fairly lackluster at the moment.

Downsides are that there's only one type of PVP server now, and there's no point at all in playing PVE (because there players can't mess with your shit unless you leave it unlocked, and dinos aren't a serious threat, so there's literally no reason to build anything but the basics). On PVP servers, it depends entirely on who else is on the server. Some are mostly friendly, some have multiple tribes of bored children and Chinese who have no purpose in life besides wrecking everything they see. Buildings are like tissue paper until you have metal which is fairly defensible, if a bit grindy to construct. Dinos are the problem. Even really low level griefers can easily kill a t-rex you spent 3-4 hours taming in a matter of minutes. If you get on a good server it's much less of an issue of course. Also, I don't recommend playing it alone. I played with a large group on the first server I was on, and it made a huge difference in getting things accomplished without feeling like a horrific grind.

Currently there is also a dupe bug and another bug that people use to walk through walls. The devs are deciding (hopefully today) on whether or not they are severe enough issues that a wipe is required.

Edit: Forgot to mention the other issue with the game currently: a 970 is good for low settings at best right now. They're using UE4 which should be easy to optimize, but at the moment getting even 30 fps out of it requires some pretty hefty sacrifices. I have a bit older AMD card--that ran Witcher 3 at a mix of high and ultra at 40-50 fps--and I get 15 fps around large bases/lots of dinos and 25 fps out in the wild.
    Last edited by Vorph; 06-22-2015 at 03:29 PM.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    Ya having a good time playin on server 63 we got a nice size base with quite a few dinos, server seems pretty good so far, not a whole lot of duche going on.

Tuconots
    Heh, I started over with a friend last night and it was a toss up between 63 and 65. We picked 65 though. :/ Mostly just waiting for the wipe/no-wipe announcement at the moment anyway.

Just couldn't take 27 anymore. Too much griefing from the kiddies and the chinamen (who also cheat), chat filled with retards 24/7, and the server is 70/70 about 14 hours a day.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    Runs like absolute shit on my SLI 780s. Causes my friend's PC to throw low RAM messages when the game is using 4 of 8 GB available.
    I would avoid this one for now on the technical aspects alone. Submitted for refund after 10 minutes. It's just Minecraft mechanics in a non-voxel world with the added feature of punching you in the dick constantly.
    Diablo 3: AMengsk#1547 - Havana
    Black Desert: Mengsk, Charleigh

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Barellron View Post
    Runs like absolute shit on my SLI 780s. Causes my friend's PC to throw low RAM messages when the game is using 4 of 8 GB available.
    I would avoid this one for now on the technical aspects alone. Submitted for refund after 10 minutes. It's just Minecraft mechanics in a non-voxel world with the added feature of punching you in the dick constantly.
    Runs like absolute shit on just about anyones computer without fucking trickery. I logged back in 2 days ago for the first time in a little over a week and i was rubberbanding all over the place. can be a fun game though.

Tuconots
    Looks like this just passed 1 million sales. I've been playing with a few friends and been enjoying it quite a bit.

Tuconots
    anyone picking this up, i've got a friend with a private server.. small so far, but lots of fun.

hit me up if you want server infos

Tuconots
    So does anyone know if they've improved the optimization of this thing yet? Some friends of mine are considering it, but it sounds like it wasn't really worth it as of a month ago.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Elurin View Post
    So does anyone know if they've improved the optimization of this thing yet? Some friends of mine are considering it, but it sounds like it wasn't really worth it as of a month ago.
    They've done quite a bit of optimizations over the past month. Not sure where it stands now though since I've never had a problem with it. They've been releasing 2-3 patches a week pretty consistently, no matter what else you can't accuse these guys of not supporting their product.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Elurin View Post
    lots better than when i started about a month ago. as mentioned above, constant patches for content additions, bug fixes, and gameplay improvement.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis View Post
    anyone picking this up, i've got a friend with a private server.. small so far, but lots of fun.

hit me up if you want server infos
    I am here with two other friends, we have a decent fort going on the west side of the island. Come on in.

Tuconots
    Nemesis get your ass on and play or make me officer so I can invite people please.

Tuconots
    Vorph what server you on? With the upcoming wipe we might make the switch.

Tuconots
    Is there an upcoming update that will require a wipe? I just started playing a few days ago. I just see the Aug 13 upcoming update but nothing about a wipe. Unless that's required once they introduce new biomes.
    Last edited by Hachima; 08-13-2015 at 03:52 AM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatorade View Post
    Vorph what server you on? With the upcoming wipe we might make the switch.
    Official Server 65
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    I've been running an accelerated xp/harvest pve server thats stayed pretty active the last week Forsaken Isle [PVE x15 XP/Harvest 30xTame] - (v196.1) - ARK: Survival Evolved Servers

Tuconots
    Thinking of getting this for drunk gaming weekend this weekend. What server are all you guys on?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Hachima View Post
    I've been running an accelerated xp/harvest pve server thats stayed pretty active the last week Forsaken Isle [PVE x15 XP/Harvest 30xTame] - (v196.1) - ARK: Survival Evolved Servers
    What do people even do on PVE servers though? Wild dinos aren't the slightest threat; there wouldn't even be any reason to build more than wood with just enough stone to be indestructible. I have a spinosaurus that was tamed at 120->170 using kibble, then leveled up another 48 times. Even the new alpha dinos they added are barely more than a speedbump to it. The game is fun, but the balance is nonexistent against anything but other players.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    I'd say it's more for small groups of players that are more interested in building cool bases. At least that's the type that has shown the most interest. For me it's more about quickly learning the full progression path before going to a pvp server. Tamed dinos can be set to be more or less powerful than wild ones. Has that change been made in either direction on your server? It's possible to tune things to be more challenging for PvE for people interested in that aspect. Or made super easy for a server focused on pvp that also wants dinos to be more powerful against players. That is one nice thing. There are a ton of settings to really change how the server plays out of the box.

Tuconots
    I play on an official pvp server, so it's pretty much just the default settings for everything at difficulty 4.0.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    Hey Hatorade, you've been promoted, sorry for the wait

The SBD server isnt being wiped, for now at least... there is a 'megapatch' coming soon, supposedly, that may be a burn for players who have already maxed out their engrams. The thought was that the wipe would allow for a new baseline for players to get to start clean and try a different approach.

The server, for anyone interested, is:

SBD GamerZ Ark - 2xTame - (v200.3)
    http://arkservers.net/server/152.208.31.15:27015

Teamspeak: sbdgamerzts.ddns.net

Right now it's very small in population - the mods are slightly tweaking things like exp, tame times, harvesting and crafting details, etc - in an effort to get it all buttoned up for a larger 'public' launch.

Feel free to hit me up on steam, DCNemesis, if you have any questions
    Last edited by Nemesis; 08-16-2015 at 04:23 PM.

Tuconots
    I just got this for something to do. Its at 200.5 and I tried to join the IP Nemesis listed, but nothing came up.

Tuconots
    hit up the guys on teamspeak. the admins update the server within a couple hours of the patch going live. one is on the road for work, and the other is in the UK. so sometimes they need a poke, but they get right to it.

just search SBD in the unofficial server list

Tuconots
    *edit* seems to be working after the new update.
    Last edited by Apostolos; 08-18-2015 at 11:25 PM.

Tuconots
    for anyone interested in the SBD server with some fellow Rerolled folks...

Following the recent patch that expanded the player level to 80, increased XP and engrams cap, and introduced more content and features, the server was reset.

If anyone is looking for a fresh start on even ground with the rest of the server population (albeit a small one), this is a great time to check it out!

it's only castles burning jeffvader's Avatar
    Tuconots
    this game has provided the most entertaining twtich viewing i have ever seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    Sometimes I just want to watch a french whore fist herself
    Quote Originally Posted by lurkingdirk View Post
    In what way is it inappropriate to talk about rearing children

Tuconots
    The game is free to play the next few days. My server has been fairly popular with a constant 20-30 people on at peak hours. Too bad my internet is messed up and its not running at top speed this weekend until someone can come out and fix it =p

Tuconots
    Any pro tips for a total noob trying this out for the free weekend?
    Quote Originally Posted by tad10 View Post
    Nah. Khalid and Merkins are screwed and Araysar is getting a new Avatar. As I said, I learned my lesson from the Tuco bet. Don't bet unless you already know the outcome. ...

Tuconots
    Start somewhere in the south. The north is full of shit that will eat you every time you turn around. The south is safer, but you still need to watch out for ants and dragonflies. Run into a group of 4-6 as a newb and you'll be heading back to the respawn screen.

Hit tab to open the console, then type "r.bloomquality 0", "r.lightshafts 0", and (optional, but recommended for performance) "r.shadowquality 0". You'll probably want to use your GPU control panel at night to up the gamma as well. Or do like I do and use a program like Gamma Control to bind it to extra mouse buttons so you don't have to alt-tab out to change it.

Don't build anything but the absolute basics until you get to stone tier; thatch and wood are eaten in a matter of seconds by people with strong dinos. Stone requires grenades to break into and it will keep casual raiders away. Don't try to learn every engram either, you will run out of points. Important stuff is the various building components like foundations, ceilings, walls, doors, etc., tools, spear/pike, narcotics, bow/xbow, arrow/tranq arrow, armor (if solo), crafting stations like campfire, mortar and pestle, forge, smithy, and sleeping bag/bed.

Tame a level 4 or 8 trike as soon as you can make the saddle for it, or even earlier if you can find an experienced player to help you out (the material cost to them is completely trivial). Don't get attached to it, there's a good chance it will die overnight. Use it to farm lots of narco berries, and turn those into narcotics. At 2xp a piece they are just about the only 'fast' way to level that is left for people who can't just hop on a level 200+ spino do powerlevel themselves. To get a lot of spoiled meat quickly for the narcotics you can split stacks of 20 into singles by control-dragging the mouse.

Other early game animals: raptors are useful for travel and killing things, phiomias can't farm berries but are ok for hauling shit and can be garaged easier than a trike, parasaurs are worthless.

Beyond that it's just a matter of getting to the stone tier and then being able to make metal tools and a pike at level 25.

I'm on official server 65 (PVP).
    Last edited by Vorph; 08-28-2015 at 03:10 PM.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    Awesome! I wanted to try this out, and now I don't even have to pay for it.

Tuconots
    Did the DX12 stuff for Windows 10 go in today? If so, how is it?

Tuconots
    Patch is happening right now, but I don't think DX12 is part of it.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    Played for a bit before servers came down. I'm assuming everyone is still on server 63?

Enjoying it a lot so far. My only complaint is that fucking chat box. But otherwise, I'm looking forward to seeing some of you soon. Let me know if there's a chat server (the mumble server for H1Z1 asked for a PW, so dunno what to do with that).

Tuconots
    Ah, the other day there was a post saying that DX12 for Win10 was coming this Friday(today) and to expect around a 20% increase in performance.

who knows!
    Tuconots
    Wish this wasn't F2P on D3 season 4 launch weekend

Tuconots
    I tried to play it, but it was a slideshow on my PC ;(

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybsled View Post
    I tried to play it, but it was a slideshow on my PC ;(
    After all the optimizations it still runs like ass on mine too.

i5 3.4, GTX 770, 8 GB RAM

Tuconots
    Performance is the game's biggest issue right now. I really wish they'd focus on that above all else. Best piece of advice I can give is that if you have a 2GB card don't try to go above medium textures (which unfortunately look like ass). The game really wants 3-4GB of VRAM for some inexplicable reason.

Much of the performance problems are the fault of the game's design too. Eggs are used to make kibble, which is the only way to tame high end animals. Not only does it take vastly less time, it also vastly increases the final level of the pet. A L120 herbivore tamed with kibble becomes L178 and takes at most 2-3 hours; tamed with mejoberries you'd lucky to get more than L130 and can take up to 14 hours. This is all cool in theory, but the actual result is that people want eggs now. Lots and lots of eggs. At one point my tribe had 42 scorpions, and to say that caused people's computers to go into slideshow mode would be the understatement of the year. We got rid of the scorpions once we hit 1000+ eggs, since that's almost 20 max level T-Rex tames, but we still have 8 stegos (-> birds), 10 turtles (-> brontos), 16 or so dilos (-> ankylos and doedis), and at least a dozen birds (-> spinos). That's just the stuff we keep around for eggs too, except for the birds which we'd have anyway. On top of that we have a shitload of rexes, spinos, pteranodons, ankylos, sabertooths, raptors, a bronto, a couple mammoths, etc.

Now consider that this was up until very recently a tribe with three main members who did all the work. There are tribes out there much, much larger than us, and they have even more stuff tamed and built than we do. Then there's all the people who built stuff and then quit, which is very difficult/costly to remove on a PVP server, but still contributes to server and client lag all the time.

Bottom line, the performance was never great, but it was manageable for a while. The race to tame everything under the sun for egg production has made practically every base into a slideshow when you first load it (which can be deadly due to turrets) and the server lag just keeps getting worse and worse since anything built with stone or metal is usually permanent.

Still a really fun game though, if you choose your server wisely. I can't imagine playing on one of the shitholes that is overrun with Chinese streamers or locked down by a bunch of kiddies who try to extort everyone else.
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    So I checked this out due to free weekend thing, got to lvl 32 after a day or so and have gotten a cube/game for free.

Anyone willing to take in a new tribe member?

Tuconots
    Damn, maybe I just suck at this, because I played 5 hours and got to level 10.

Tuconots
    well i dunno if the extinction event servers have diff rules sets or something, but for the most part i just focused on narcotics, then cooking pot thing, those pot things are like 20 xp and demolish to 50% mats. so it was pretty much a run around and hit rocks simulator. (and feed the bronto and trike) gdi bronto took for fucking ever to tame, and then i found out i can't ride it till lvl 55 (to make a saddle) hah.

but yeah.

I can't seem to get Server 65 to come up on the list.

Tuconots
    Server i'm on is getting close to what Vorph is talking about, but only recently have the egg farms really gone into high gear. 2 weeks back the largest tribe on the server, by far, was taken out. It was a huge effort that involved not a few 50k hp Rex's that just stood there and ran turrets out of ammo. Now everyone is getting egg farms up in an arms race of Rex's/C4 count v base design. And this is by all accounts a fairly peaceful server with an active barter economy.

The amount of half eaten, blown open, abandoned huts and bases all over the place is starting to get irritating. We spent the better part of last week making c4 and grenades to clear down an abandoned base that was spawn blocking an obsidian field.

Tuconots
    edit: double post
    Last edited by Kais; 08-31-2015 at 09:34 AM.

Tuconots
    i rolled on offical 65 yesterday aft, lvl 31 now, ign zatutic.

server population seems really chill and cool. i've not been pk'd yet, some dude rolled up on me in the dark on a raptor scared the shit outta me cuz one sec all clear look down hit stone next sec dino feet.. lol

good stuff.

Tuconots
    Oh, I saw you on this morning. I'm Svieri / Vorph (have two accounts, one with nothing but carry weight leveled, the other is generalized).
    Vorph#1334 - D3

Tuconots
    Loving the hell out of this game. Been playing H1Z1 the last couple months and Wildcard Studios makes SOE/DBG look like amateurs.

Tuconots
    Not hard, considering they are amateurs.
    Quote Originally Posted by tad10 View Post
    Nah. Khalid and Merkins are screwed and Araysar is getting a new Avatar. As I said, I learned my lesson from the Tuco bet. Don't bet unless you already know the outcome. ...

Tuconots
    any server recommendations? playing solo on a few unofficial servers to get the basics down.

Tuconots
    I play on a private server with my girlfriend and we're loving it so far.

There's a couple of issues, mainly with dying (good luck finding a corpse, the grass hides everything so well) or losing dinos. The last one was when my 153 Argentavis was on the raft with me and vanished and later found it sitting on the ocean floor.

CrunchMunch UK 5x Res/Taming 2x XP - (v209.1) - ARK: Survival Evolved Servers is the server if anyone is interested.
    Quote Originally Posted by Famm View Post
    I played an Erudite, Verant made them sound like the best caster race. Being a blind broke clueless wizard in Toxx where fucking skunks could two shot your dress wearing ass was a hell of an initiation to EQ.
    Replace "wizard" with "enchanter" and you get how I felt when I started playing EQ

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by fris View Post
    any server recommendations? playing solo on a few unofficial servers to get the basics down.
    1 page back...

Playing with some Rerolled folks on a private server

The server, for anyone interested, is:

SBD GamerZ Ark - 2xTame - (v200.3)
    SBD GamerZ Ark -2xTame - (v209.1) - ARK: Survival Evolved Servers

Teamspeak: sbdgamerzts.ddns.net

Tuconots
    Where on server 65 are you? I just started in the south last night and bases are everywhere. Need to find a good spot to build...and need friends!

Tuconots
    i'm in the south on 65, vorph and a couple others are more south/south west. though i havn't seen them on much or around.

Tuconots
    Wow I just discovered this game and holy shit it is insane. I can't get enough of it... and I'm only watching other people play it! My PC can't handle it. Can't wait for it to release on Xbox One. Holy fuck.

JUNGLE SNIPER! - Ark: Survival Evolved - Ep.2 - YouTube

How are more people not into this game?

Thread Information