Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (Mobile)

Tuconots

cutlerface Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (Mobile)

Here's a thread for it, so we don't pollute other threads with it.

IOS and Google Play (I think?).
    FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper for iPhone, iPad, Android

It's final fantasy meets brave frontier.

Edit:

Good Links!
    Orb Locations - Orb location breakdown
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper - Subreddit (it's actually good this time, I swear)
    FFRK Weapon/Armor Drop Locations - Weapon/Armor drop locations
    EXPStamRatios - Google Sheets - EXP/Stam ratios (Leveling)
    Final Fantasy Record Keeper Ability List - Google Sheets - Giant Ability/Orb combo
    [Newbie guide] Part 1: the startup : FFRecordKeeper

Farming:
    Quote Originally Posted by Taloo View Post
    To restart a level due to damage or abilities missing - Simply force close the app. No need to turn off wifi. When you open it again click okay and it will restart the fight from the beginning of the stage(3/3 for example).

To farm item drops from bosses - When you enter the level turn off wifi. Finish all stages and kill the boss. If the boss drops a chest turn wifi back on and let level complete. If boss does not drop the item then force close the app, turn wifi back on, and hit cancel. It will take you back to the level menu. Repeat until your item drops. Re-entering the stage will generate a new drop table. It costs stamina again but less than doing the entire scenario over and over obviously.
    Last edited by Ao-; 11-04-2015 at 03:43 AM.

Tuconots
    3 min timer on stamina is nice!

I'm level 7, and realized that I can't just idle on turns, as they wiped out my black mage and my white mage while I was afk.
    Seems alright so far. Biggest draw is OMG FINAL FANTASY. You get cloud right away (and can get tifa right now too).

Tuconots
    I liked it at first just cause it's pixels and final fantasy, but auto attack until every boss got kind of boring. I still play it once every few days but that's it. I'm not a phone/tablet gamer at all though so some people may love it.

I do like the interface, art, and music a lot.

Tuconots
    I downloaded this today, haven't put in much time but it seems alright so far.

::EDIT:: The music is right in the nostalgia if nothing else.
    Currently playing HotS and Overwatch

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch View Post
    ::EDIT:: The music is right in the nostalgia if nothing else.
    this

Tuconots
    I found out today that starting on level 30 of the Sephiroth tower you are not able to just load up 5 melees and auto your way though the battle which is good. The optimize function is a little wonky I think because it just takes the 5 higher level guys instead of making sure you have a healer, nuker, etc.

Hopefully they fix the UI lag soon cause that is the biggest fault so far. It is like when I played Brave Frontier and when into the town to make items and the phone just stalls. Same goes for any type of scrolling or non-battle presses.

Tuconots
    Their menus are fucking horribly designed and the crafting system sucks... I'll play it for a while.
    an understated ensemble that puts the "b" in subtle

Tuconots
    Is it possible to roll a 5* item during after tutorial? Got a 3* sword, reroll?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by an accordion View Post
    Their menus are fucking horribly designed and the crafting system sucks... I'll play it for a while.
    Yeah, I've found it a bit clunky. That said, it's pretty enjoyable so far.

Not sure what Ao means by saying he's level 7. I'm assuming character levels? If so I hit 7/8 on a bunch in just a few hours playing.

Tuconots
    A great concept ruined utterly by terrible mobile gaming tropes like stamina and a whole list of other terrible ideas.

Tuconots
    Well this is at least better than All The Bravest which was a horrible "game" if you can even call it that.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Elurin View Post
    Yeah, I've found it a bit clunky. That said, it's pretty enjoyable so far.

Not sure what Ao means by saying he's level 7. I'm assuming character levels? If so I hit 7/8 on a bunch in just a few hours playing.
    Yeah, my main party (it was about 20 minutes into the game that I created the thread).

Any big tips for this? What level can I try to get Tifa?

Tuconots
    I'm about 15 right now and Tifa's is the next one up. I could probably go in now and clear it, but I'm going to do some gearing up first.

Tuconots
    got my wife hooked on this, she couldn't stop playing with all the fucking music playing. Fell asleep to zandarkand. i'm sticking with summoners war for now, i gots goals i can finally reach.

Tuconots
    Is there a big $$$ component? I don't mind spending cash but I got into BF for abit and I'm like their target customer. Extremely busy individual who makes pretty great money and is about as competitive of a person as you will meet. Enter game....fuck this shit, I'm not waiting for 3 hours to play an arena game, /wave cash. I came late to BF and wanted to try and maximize my time to catch up so I was spending some stupid amounts of cash (and not doing it very effectively after I learned more) and also got in the habit of playing while I drove 45 miles to work (theres a good idea....)

So...I guess the stam limitation, is it that bad? BF was horrible especially when trying to get all the 1 day a week dungeons run to 5/6 tier your players etc. One day I did the math and I dropped like 500 bucks and was like holy fuck I quit major gaming outside of Smite to get away from this crap. I guess I shouldn't even download it but....its fucking FF!!! Can I go all BLM party ?!!?!?!? I remember in FF1 I sent in a photo of me beating FF w/ 4 White Mages for a Nintendo Power challenge and was so mad they showed someone else accomplishing it AFTER they had to have got mine. Bullshit

Tuconots
    This is actually quite good at the moment though the difficulty curve is low (at Lv10).

Buying things isn't rammed down your throat and you get some "cash" for clearing the story, which is going to be never fucking ending with millions of future patches if it's ALL OF FF1-14. Seems like you just use the "cash" to roll for godlike items.

I need a gamefaq with a list of characters and base stats so I can plan my party :/

Banned By Next Week General Antony's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
    Is there a big $$$ component? I don't mind spending cash but I got into BF for abit and I'm like their target customer. Extremely busy individual who makes pretty great money and is about as competitive of a person as you will meet. Enter game....fuck this shit, I'm not waiting for 3 hours to play an arena game, /wave cash. I came late to BF and wanted to try and maximize my time to catch up so I was spending some stupid amounts of cash (and not doing it very effectively after I learned more) and also got in the habit of playing while I drove 45 miles to work (theres a good idea....)

So...I guess the stam limitation, is it that bad? BF was horrible especially when trying to get all the 1 day a week dungeons run to 5/6 tier your players etc. One day I did the math and I dropped like 500 bucks and was like holy fuck I quit major gaming outside of Smite to get away from this crap. I guess I shouldn't even download it but....its fucking FF!!! Can I go all BLM party ?!!?!?!? I remember in FF1 I sent in a photo of me beating FF w/ 4 White Mages for a Nintendo Power challenge and was so mad they showed someone else accomplishing it AFTER they had to have got mine. Bullshit
    Cool story bro

Tuconots
    Look at items like you would characters. You rare summon for items which is what makes or breaks your teams in this one.

The characters are all single use, common to all players, and in a few weeks should all be max level.

You can upgrade any item twice (+ for the first, ++ the second). That means a 1* item can go to 3*(++), and a 5* rare summon one can go to 7*(++). In order to upgrade though, you need an exact copy of the same kind. So for the Masamune that's currently got a rate up (5* item), you'd need 3 to max it (1 to upgrade, and 2 to sacrifice). There's also a leveling component to items where you use fodder to increase its stats. Higher stars mean higher stats. So you can take your 1* staff and level it to 3/3, upgrade it to 2*+ and level it to 5/5 (it'll start at 3/5 on upgrade), and then level the 3*++ staff to 10 (it'll start at 5/10 after upgrade). You don't need to level the sacrificial items for upgrade purposes. Take your 3/3 staff and sacrifice the 1/3 staff.

So far I'm enjoying it a lot, but I think starting on a day with the armor upgrade daily up helped. Without an easy way to farm those, leveling gear sucks. That said, I had gil problems yesterday and one run of the normal dungeon netted me 24k I think.

Just finished getting Tifa with my team around lvl 17 (although I powerleveled Rydia in Fabul Castle to 20).

Tuconots
    So I got a few 5 star items to start, should I be putting my effort into getting them to max upgrade? With all my 1-3 star items, do you upgrade them higher to more effectively level your 5 star or do you just use everything at the level it is to upgrade your 5 star as gil permits? Also of the 4 items I have I don't see any with effects; do some get effects when you make 6-7 star with them eventually or just not a common thing to have effects on items?

Tuconots
    So I got a few 5 star items to start, should I be putting my effort into getting them to max upgrade? With all my 1-3 star items, do you upgrade them higher to more effectively level your 5 star or do you just use everything at the level it is to upgrade your 5 star as gil permits? Also of the 4 items I have I don't see any with effects; do some get effects when you make 6-7 star with them eventually or just not a common thing to have effects on items?
    I want to reroll after reading this comment. I'm 2 levels away from getting sephiroth and I have only gotten one 4* item from the rare relic draw machine thingy. Lame

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Diemess View Post
    I want to reroll after reading this comment. I'm 2 levels away from getting sephiroth and I have only gotten one 4* item from the rare relic draw machine thingy. Lame
    I'm actually curious about this, because it seems like mythril is incredibly rare. You've got the easy ones from the main dungeons and easy/normal dailies, and then some harder ones from elites and hard dailies. Otherwise it's just going to be special events (Shinra and whatever in the future).

I've got 27 mythril currently and am considering using them now (as opposed to doing 10+1) to see what I get. If it's garbage, rerolling might be worthwhile. If it's good, I probably won't miss the +1 too much.

Tuconots
    After level 15 or so, you really cant just auto win the game, the bosses use the same mechanics as they were in their original game (example: first ff7 boss that can only be hit by range ect ect), but they also have the same weaknesses too! so if your hardcore into the ff series, this game should bring back a few nose bleeds for sure! I mean I played shit outta ff6, but everything else is like wtf I didn't know kain was a full on fag for cecil! which is great.

as far as the combining weapons, making skills, that's pretty basic to all these types of games. and the pulls are hit and miss, just save up and do 11 pulls for the cost of 10.

btw, cloud with buster sword is op, they need to tone that shit down. he does like 5k dmg while everybody else hits for 500, srsly....lol

Tuconots
    I'm actually curious about this, because it seems like mythril is incredibly rare. You've got the easy ones from the main dungeons and easy/normal dailies, and then some harder ones from elites and hard dailies. Otherwise it's just going to be special events (Shinra and whatever in the future).

I've got 27 mythril currently and am considering using them now (as opposed to doing 10+1) to see what I get. If it's garbage, rerolling might be worthwhile. If it's good, I probably won't miss the +1 too much.
    Honestly it doesnt take too long to level up. It would just be annoying upgrading the items again. Easy though.

And yeah like you said, mythril does seem like its going to be really rare later on.

Quote Originally Posted by kaou View Post
    btw, cloud with buster sword is op, they need to tone that shit down. he does like 5k dmg while everybody else hits for 500, srsly....lol
    yeah fuck this I'm rerolling.
    Last edited by Diemess; 04-04-2015 at 09:51 PM.

Tuconots
    So I downloaded this a few minutes ago and got through the tutorial and I can't help but be a little upset that the screen doesn't let me play on my tablet sideways so I can watch TV at the same time, first world problems. Other than that I am enjoying it.

Tuconots
    I said fuck it and rolled 5 times.

3* Golden Armor (VI)
    3* Circlet (V)
    3* Rune Blade (V)
    3* Death Sickle (V)
    3* Bronze Mace (XII)

Fucking terrible...

Tuconots
    How are you guys rerolling? I didn't see an easy option to restart it over again.
    Currently playing HotS and Overwatch

Tuconots
    I'm not. Tried to figure it out and it looks to be a giant pain in the ass.

So I'll just stick with my garbage rolls.

Tuconots
    There a wiki for this or anything? Got my "main party" into the teens for levels, not sure about who else I should level up. Using Cloud (who is OP), Tidus, Wakka, Black and White mages. Managed to get Tifa who's sitting on the bench with my Keeper, Warrior, Kain, and Rydia. I've pulled 5 relics so far... 2 falchions (3*, one I've managed to max, but not sure if I want to combine it yet), crystal helm (4*), Black Garb (4*), and Poison Axe (3*). I found a 3* weapon and a bunch of two stars.

Tuconots
    I use reddit and the official strategy website.

Rydia dwarfs black mage. Just use her for anything you would with black magic.

I'm trying Blue Stacks to reroll, but it just sits on the opening screen.

Tuconots
    wife already re-rolled.

for those that are interested if you want to start a new game, get a NEW/DIFFERENT ios/droid, download/install the game, then from new device click the transfer game and on your old device, click load game and enter code

Tuconots
    Nice. If I can figure out how to get it transferred to my phone, my 2nd reroll got a Masamune on the free daily roll (got the crappy Mythril Knives 3* that I had on my first account from relic roll).

Edit: Well, I'm stumped. The one time code thing said it was accepted but it never changed accounts. Every subsequent try resulted in it saying the code was already in use (despite the fact that it was a new code each time). Now it won't even bring up the code screen on the origin device (Blue Stacks). Linked Facebook and it says "Oops! There was an error" every single time. And using the google account just doesn't seem to work at all.
    Last edited by Elurin; 04-05-2015 at 03:49 AM.

Tuconots
    You get a ton of rolls from main story mithril, got 3 four star weapons and a four and five star armor. Not saving up for 10+1 because the gears good for levelling.

Do you need a white/black mage? They are just low health liabilities so far, seems like Kain/Cloud could cover ranged/elemental requirements?

Shinra tower is easy, wtf people online saying lv30. Half way in at lv20 and it's just getting reasonable now.

Banned
    Tuconots
    This is surprisingly decent for a f2p ios/android game

Tuconots
    The UI responsiveness is shit (I can't use my exp eggs at all) but other than that I dig it. Exp dungeon is up today and it's worth it to go through a few times to level up underleveled characters.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    You get a ton of rolls from main story mithril, got 3 four star weapons and a four and five star armor. Not saving up for 10+1 because the gears good for levelling.

Do you need a white/black mage? They are just low health liabilities so far, seems like Kain/Cloud could cover ranged/elemental requirements?

Shinra tower is easy, wtf people online saying lv30. Half way in at lv20 and it's just getting reasonable now.
    I wish I could say my luck with mithril was that good.

And yeah, the Shinra tower seems pretty easy, especially with rydia dropping lightning bolts everywhere.

Tuconots
    Apparently getting a 5* on daily summon is something like .007%. Pretty amazed I got it.

In about 12 hours of my new account (including sleeping) I'm already around 17 and only have 1 more common dungeon to go (Figaro Cave). It'll take a while to upgrade my equipment and get all the abilities I had, but overall Masamune was worth it. I've been able to crush pretty much every boss so far.

Tuconots
    I don't think Black and White Mage are needed. Tyro (the guy you name) is good enough as a healer in the back row and can do ok damage with a bow. Rydia can handle black magic. I read somewhere that eventually you need BLM leveled to 50, but not for a long time.

The Shinra tower gets harder near the end and some of the fights require a specific group comp. I think I can finish it after grinding xp in the daily dungeon today. Pretty sure I'll go with Rydia/Tyro/Seph/Cloud/Tidus after the event.

Spoiler: 
    Two of the bosses near the end fly and can only be hit by range. They are vulnerable to lightning and can be beaten with Rydia with Thundara and Kain with jump. There is also a reward for the Underground Waterway elite that you can give Ridya to boost lightning damage, but for me it was easier to just do the tower than beat the elite dungeon.

I really hope they put a 2x speed during auto battle option in and clean up the menus a bit.

Tuconots
    So I says to myself, fuck it 85 dollars , no different then going out for a good Sunday steak so I roll the dice. God damn not 1 relic on 3 full 11 rolls haha. Then I get angry and do another one, first 2 zero again, last one I get 3 relics so I am less salty as I enjoy my $2 dollar Lean Cuisine.

Banned
    Tuconots
    Stay far far far away from casinos Turbo.

You'll end up like wizardhawk if this is representative of your capacity for self control

Tuconots
    Apparently the company that makes this is notorious for terrible rates. Probably not a good idea to gamble on this unless you love it.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by hodj View Post
    Stay far far far away from casinos Turbo.

You'll end up like wizardhawk if this is representative of your capacity for self control
    I hear that! Actually I go once a year to Casino's and set aside $1,000 for black jack for the last 10 years. Only 2 years I've lost the $1k so as long as it isn't a video game I think the inner beast stays subsided (I did lose 1 position shy of a $5k Texas Holdem cash out because I went bezerker after hours of solid play and went all in on 2-8....i'll call it a ball read when he showed his double aces

Ya I'm done for now I got what I needed to feel good. Tifa gloves and Seph sword brings the pain, only lvl 25 but its a fun time! I didn't realize they had a lot more limited options to do things vs. BF but I guess this game just started in US right? Also kind of sucks no competition against others like BF, that was a great game minus the horrible allure of spending cash. I dropped $700 in a day and said wtf am I doing and quit and started playing Smite and a year later spent like 100 dollars for 1,000's of hours of awesome entertainment. This game looks like a simple filler going forward and abit less alluring to rape my cash. Can do it inbetween games of smite.

Tuconots
    Someone on Reddit has posted a lot about synergy bonuses, and posted these screenshots which makes it incredibly clear why you should pay attention to it. I'm putting together sets for each game.

http://imgur.com/a/YwZgh

Tuconots
    I think my last question was misunderstood ("Do I need a White & Black Mage?"). Obviously Black Mage character sucks. What I meant is, do you need a healer and magic dps?

Usually on trash I have Cloud/Tidus/newguy attacking with Rydia and White Mage doing nothing, sometimes Rydia's Whip can do a bit in a FF4 level though. At the very least I'm thinking that Rydia could have 1 magic dps spell and 1 healing spell with gear to boost both magic and mind (which seems to exist and I have 3*/4* of).

For example I just got up to Rufus and I was already fucked up from the trash, using all my healing spells to heal the low defense mages seems to make having mages counterproductive. I can do elemental damage with Cloud right? I wish I had Wakka/Kain to do some ranged damage which doesn't run out of charges instead.

Tuconots
    Not specificaly those two, just someone who can do White Magic and someone who can do Black. Rydia and New Guy work in that.

Tuconots
    For Rufus, apparently you can use dark attack to blind and then focus fire the pet down. If you don't have it, get Thunderstrike for Cloud (should have enough lightning orbs from the rest of Shinra, but may need to farm power orbs). Also not sure if you're honing your abilities, but work on that so you get extra uses (having lvl 2 Thundara and Cura would be worthwhile).

And then as I posted above, make sure you're taking advantage of synergies. Power vests, bronze/iron/mythril bangles, and whatever VII weapons you can scrounge up.

For squad, I think most people go with Cloud, Tyro (heal/boost?), Titus, Rydia, and then either Sephiroth, Tifa, or Kain. Sephiroth and Tifa are better choices if you can level them up since they get synergy.

Tuconots
    How hard is it to clear to get Sephiroth?

Also, is there a leveling path i should be taking or grinding out? I'm still in my teens but want to try to get some of the better skills/equipment... but it seems like the "best" equipment at this time is the black cowl from FFV/Ship graveyard that's fully leveled...

Tuconots
    I haven't gotten there quite yet, but most people are saying it should only take a few days of prep to be capable of beating Rufus (for Seph). I think one guy was saying it took him 3 days. Personally, on this 2nd account I've only been playing 2 days and I'm at level 24 and have cleared up to floor 40. Since the game is literally just over a week old, this event isn't super tough.

I've got Thundara lvl 1 and Jump lvl 1 finished, and I'd like to get those both to lvl 2. I also need Thunder Strike (for Cloud) and Cura to lvl 2 (haven't made either yet). Also remaining is leveling up some gear (and farming a few more items), which hopefully tomorrow should go fast with the armor daily dungeon.

A lot of what I've been reading is that gear/abilities matter significantly more than levels. Levels are mostly only good for extra HP (which is more important for elite dungeons) whereas gear will give you a massive power increase. That's why synergy is so important because it makes your 2/3* gear equivalent to 5*. So I would say start farming Antlion Den (IV) for Protect Vests, Tornal Canal/Wind Shrine (V) for Leather Gloves (if you use Tifa), Besaid (X) and Mount Hobs (IV) for Iron Bangles, and Baron Castle (IV) for Mythril Armlets. You'll also get 3 (I believe) Bronze Bangles from the lower floors of Shinra, which are identical in stats to the Iron Bangles.

I also recommend farming Mako V (VII) for a few Mythril Rods to throw on Rydia, unless you can somehow Champion the elite IV dungeon that drops Light Rod. A good axe or spear for Kain and some kind of bow/boomerang for the air bosses would be useful too. I'm going to try just using Rydia and Kain as DPS for them (Rydia - Thundara, Kain - Jump) on the air bosses and see how that goes.

Have you finished the common dungeons yet? If not, that should be your priority. Your goal should be to get as much stamina as possible right now. Once those are done, I'd say start farming up for abilities and gear. Then you should be able to run through Shinra relatively quickly.

Tuconots
    just getting to Imperial Camp in FF6, so I'm guessing this is the 2nd to last (from the wiki site)? I've not even attempted the elites yet, as I think I need more gear/abilities. I got two copies of thundara so far and two cures I think? I'll focus on jump and Thunder Strike.

Tuconots
    Thundara and Thunderstrike apparently handle about 1/3rd of all boss vulnerabilities at this stage of the game. Still reading through a lot of stuff but the subreddit for this game is seriously good. Which is a nice change of pace (couldn't stand BF's subreddit, full page of nothing but shit and people stroking their e-peens).

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by moontayle View Post
    Thundara and Thunderstrike apparently handle about 1/3rd of all boss vulnerabilities at this stage of the game. Still reading through a lot of stuff but the subreddit for this game is seriously good. Which is a nice change of pace (couldn't stand BF's subreddit, full page of nothing but shit and people stroking their e-peens).
    OT but I don't understand how Twofu from BFSub got to keep his account. He was basically being bribed by Gumi to censor the sub and that's the only real rule on reddit...

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Ao- View Post
    just getting to Imperial Camp in FF6, so I'm guessing this is the 2nd to last (from the wiki site)? I've not even attempted the elites yet, as I think I need more gear/abilities. I got two copies of thundara so far and two cures I think? I'll focus on jump and Thunder Strike.
    Two copies? Or you've honed them to lvl 2? You should be honing and not creating extras. I guess if you want to take in Black Mage and Rydia it'd work, but you should work on honing them instead.

And elites are apparently something where you really need to be high 20's for anyway. There's a big gap between when you finish the common dungeons and jumping into elites.

I'm a bit worried about getting the gil for all this crap before Shinra ends. Each of these damn abilities is probably going to be more than I have right now, and then throw in all the gear I need to level and I'm not sure what I'll do. I'm not sure farming the tutorial level will be enough gil.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Ao- View Post
    How hard is it to clear to get Sephiroth?

Also, is there a leveling path i should be taking or grinding out? I'm still in my teens but want to try to get some of the better skills/equipment... but it seems like the "best" equipment at this time is the black cowl from FFV/Ship graveyard that's fully leveled...
    I started like 3 days ago and I'm 20 energy off beating Rufus and getting Seprioth on second attempt, we have 5-6 days left? Shinra tower is just big, start at like ~lv15 and you can faceroll it until the last 3 sections. Just play the levels in order to unlock everything, Mastering everything helps with energy refills, spending all of your mithril on weapon rolls helps with mastering everything.

Didn't have Dark Attack (blind) on the first rufus try since I wasn't getting lesser power orbs, turns out going back to an old dungeon got me about 3 on the first replay so use this guide for skills you are missing: Orb Locations I think it's a lot easier than I thought getting skills, since I replied on RNG at first.

Don't farm thunder orbs though, Shinra tower gives you literally multiples of what you need since they are required for the penultimate floor and one before that.

Tuconots
    Two copies? Or you've honed them to lvl 2? You should be honing and not creating extras. I guess if you want to take in Black Mage and Rydia it'd work, but you should work on honing them instead.

And elites are apparently something where you really need to be high 20's for anyway. There's a big gap between when you finish the common dungeons and jumping into elites.

I'm a bit worried about getting the gil for all this crap before Shinra ends. Each of these damn abilities is probably going to be more than I have right now, and then throw in all the gear I need to level and I'm not sure what I'll do. I'm not sure farming the tutorial level will be enough gil.
    I've got two copies and I'm honing both of them. One on Tyro, one on Rydia. I might just drop Tyro for Kain, but I wanted someone with Cure and Tyro can do literally everything, so he's a cure/thundara bitch. I just maxed my Protect Vest+, so I need another protect vest or another protect vest+ to upgrade to the ++ version?

Tuconots
    lv1 basic protect vest is enough.

Tuconots
    lv1 basic protect vest is enough.
    This. Don't throw anything into it either, just leave it as the base item at level 1. The amount of exp it provides is miniscule if you level it up, and combining it is a waste of time/resources.

Tuconots
    So, sell spare equipment, save powerups from the armor power up item?

Tuconots
    I beat the FF7 elites and Mist Dragon with cloud as my highest level at 22. Doubt I'll be able to get any farther without leveling. Just don't have the def/hp to outlast the harder hitting bosses and I haven't farmed up a single T Strike, Cura, or Dark Attack. Grand Glove pull for Tifa made it easier (sup 6k Somersault) but my resources weren't strained to the point I couldn't have beat those three without it.

Tuconots
    If you can get sephiroth I hope you can get kefka.

Tuconots
    Got Seph today with Ridya with Thundara/Thunder, Kain with Jump, Tyro with Cure/Protect, Cloud and Tifa. Everyone was 28-30. Was close though, only 2 people left standing with a sliver of health left after the final boss.

Now have Seph soloing lower floors for quick xp.

I wonder if it's worth farming certain floors or if I should just move on to elites when he gets caught up.

Tuconots
    Kind of like it so far, just been going through the normal story mode and trying to learn how some of this works. It would be about 4x more enjoyable if the UI wasn't so absolutely terrible. Hopefully they put some emphasis on getting that optimized. Done I think three rolls so far in the Relic gatcha with basically nothing good. Gold Hairpin I think was one, a 3* mage hat. Kind of saving all the magic stuff b/c no idea which spells are worth making, even knowing what they all do from FF experience.
    Pussy bitch Draegan sold us out to MMORPG.com

Exodus underway to Rererolled - A Gaming Community

Oh and sorta fuck Tuco too.

Tuconots
    Is it the same game in japan? Do they also have borked/slow/weirdly responsive UI?

Tuconots
    UI is perfect for me (maybe too many menus to click when crafting)? Is it a phone thing?

I wonder if having less than 5 team members is optimal while leveling/farming?

There are only ever 3 trash monsters on screen at once, so if you are one shotting then 2 just stand there doing nothing or worse you need to manually click skip on your mages. Less people means they get more exp so take less damage as they will pretty soon out level content?

Tuconots
    I'm playing on my Nexus 7 tablet, not sure how it would be on phone.

Tuconots
    UI is perfect for me (maybe too many menus to click when crafting)? Is it a phone thing?

I wonder if having less than 5 team members is optimal while leveling/farming?

There are only ever 3 trash monsters on screen at once, so if you are one shotting then 2 just stand there doing nothing or worse you need to manually click skip on your mages. Less people means they get more exp so take less damage as they will pretty soon out level content?
    The exp is evenly divided amongst your party members, regardless of level (and that includes if they're lvl 50). The fastest leveling I did was Rydia in Fabul Castle. It's almost 900 xp a pop, at 1 stamina per. Makes for incredibly fast leveling (could be used on Kain easily too).

Tuconots
    Well it sounded good so I tried it. I got 556 exp for master? How are you getting 900 exp (FF4 synergy?)?
    Last edited by Chris; 04-06-2015 at 11:31 PM.

Tuconots
    What device(s) is(are) everyone playing on? It runs choppy as all hell on my Galaxy S3, but runs fairly fine on my Galaxy Tab 3 (8.0).

Shin-Ra event, first tier, second round (floors 5-6, I think?) will give you about 856 experience if you meet the requirements. My characters are all about level 15.

Tuconots
    Lame I think damage is capped at 9,999. Just hit one of the Shinra bosses for that with Somersault.

Tuconots
    Well it sounded good so I tried it. I got 556 exp for master? How are you getting 900 exp (FF4 synergy?)?
    Yes, the synergy gives extra exp if the character is from that game. So for Kain and Rydia, they get bonus exp for it. It's 800 something.

Tuconots
    Light Against Darkness event coming tomorrow.

Can see the JP strategy for it here (use Google translate): €FFRK…式€‘ƒƒƒƒ‚ƒ€ƒ‚ƒƒの —‡‚’ˆ‡‚Š‚く…‰”•ƒ*… | FINAL FANTASY Record Keeperœ€€Ÿ”•Wiki

Cecil (Dark Knight) on stage 6.
    Cecil (Paladin) on stage 12.

Bunch of English info here: Cecil | A Final Fantasy Record Keeper Guide
    Last edited by Elurin; 04-07-2015 at 03:49 AM.

Tuconots
    Light Against Darkness event coming tomorrow.

Can see the JP strategy for it here (use Google translate): 【FFRK公式】チャレンジダンジョンの を切り裂く光攻略・*酬 | FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper最速攻略Wiki

Cecil (Dark Knight) on stage 6.
    Cecil (Paladin) on stage 12.

Bunch of English info here: Cecil | A Final Fantasy Record Keeper Guide
    Awesome. Getting tired of casting lightning spells in Shinra tower.

Tuconots
    Anyone got any good farm spots? Take one character into these and reset before the bosses:

Fabul Castle 1-6 is 834exp/stamina for FF4 characters. If you do the boss floor you can get Whip drops, great for Rydia.

Shinra Building 36-39 is 904.8exp/stamina for FF7 characters. I wouldn't suggest trying the boss solo though.

Mako Reactor #1 (Elite) is 269.2gil/stamina. Take in a full party.

Tuconots
    Damn, I didn't realize these upper floors of Shinra were so high on the stamina requirements. Fucking 60 total stamina for floors 51-55.

I ran the weapon dungeon a few times this morning and it's causing me to run out of gil in a hurry. That said, I'm lvl 26 and should have everything I need to do the rest of Shinra except Dark Attack (which means farming Power/Dark orbs) and I'd like to hone Thundara.

I'm running (this is mostly for me to keep track of what I need to do):
    Cloud - 5* Masamune lvl 5, 3* Flame Mail lvl 4
    Kain - 3*++ Wind Spear lvl 10, 2* Bone Mail lvl 5
    Titus - 3* Dancing Dagger lvl 7, 2* Protect Vest lvl 5
    Tyro - 3* Silver Harp lvl 10, 3*+ Protect Vest lvl 10
    Rydia - 3*+ Mythril Rod lvl 10, 3*++ Bronze Bangle lvl 10

I'd like to farm for another Bone Mail and level that up, level up that 2nd Protect Vest (and maybe do a 3rd too), and max out that Dancing Dagger too. I've heard that the normal weapon dungeon can drop Silver Harps too, so that'd be nice to level up. If it wasn't such a pain in the ass to level up another char, I'd probably go with Tifa over Titus.
    Last edited by Elurin; 04-07-2015 at 02:46 PM.

Tuconots
    Damn, I didn't realize these upper floors of Shinra were so high on the stamina requirements. Fucking 60 total stamina for floors 51-55.

I ran the weapon dungeon a few times this morning and it's causing me to run out of gil in a hurry. That said, I'm lvl 26 and should have everything I need to do the rest of Shinra except Dark Attack (which means farming Power/Dark orbs) and I'd like to hone Thundara.

I'm running (this is mostly for me to keep track of what I need to do):
    Cloud - 5* Masamune lvl 5, 3* Flame Mail lvl 4
    Kain - 3*++ Wind Spear lvl 10, 2* Bone Mail lvl 5
    Titus - 3* Dancing Dagger lvl 7, 2* Protect Vest lvl 5
    Tyro - 3* Silver Harp lvl 10, 3*+ Protect Vest lvl 10
    Rydia - 3*+ Mythril Rod lvl 10, 3*++ Bronze Bangle lvl 10

I'd like to farm for another Bone Mail and level that up, level up that 2nd Protect Vest (and maybe do a 3rd too), and max out that Dancing Dagger too. I've heard that the normal weapon dungeon can drop Silver Harps too, so that'd be nice to level up. If it wasn't such a pain in the ass to level up another char, I'd probably go with Tifa over Titus.
    Yeah I spent about 40k today doing weapons, down to 8k left. My team for Shinra has been:

1)Cloud: Crystal Sword/Genji Helm/power wrist
    2)Jait: Dancing Daggers/Golden Helm/Cura/Thundera
    3)Tifa: Tiger Claw/Regal Gown
    4)Wakka(boss adventures only) Shirukin/Mythril Vest Salve
    4)Tidus: Ancient Sword/Genji shield
    5)Rydia: Power Rod/Hypno Crown Thundera/Thundera

All my gear is 5+, nothing honed other than the self heal (salve?) which I almost never use.

Only have one last set of floors to go. 65 sucked.

I assume you're still using Tifa for Shinra and FF7 stuff, the synergy bonus is way too good.

Tuconots
    Besides the daily, anyone know of a good spot to farm 2 star Lesser Power Orbs for the "Other" abilities? The last couple of spots in the VI zone is good for 2 star elemental types (circle looking orbs) but not for whatever the other orbs are (rock looking).

Tuconots

Tuconots
    The wiki seems to say Elite Underground Waterway (IV) or Shinra Floor 56-60 are potential locations. I may try out the Underground Waterway here in a second because I need some also. Only started yesterday and am only up to Floor 26-30 of Shinra. About to see if I can get Tifa but party is mostly only level 15s. Biggest struggle right now is Gil. Would love to level a ton of my equipment to 5 but don't have shit for monies.

Tuconots
    Someone needs to put that in the first post

Tuconots
    Fire Orbs won't drop grr!

I think it's worth saying that going to a low level location on that spreadsheet has lower drop rates than higher level/elite ones.

Tuconots
    Yeah. L Power Figaro Castle. L Dark Mt. Holt (For Dark Strike). Lower level drop locations often mean they are a rare drop off the boss. Farm as high as you can.

Tuconots
    Jesus H Christ how many loading screens does this game have?

Tuconots
    Do minor orbs make anything useful? I need an influx of cash and could sell a ton. Seems like everything worthwhile needs lessers.

Tuconots
    Make one of each 1* spell, then maybe use them to hone key spells (Cure) since you need A LOT to hone?

For status effect spells just close and reload the app if they fail.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Intrinsic View Post
    The wiki seems to say Elite Underground Waterway (IV) or Shinra Floor 56-60 are potential locations. I may try out the Underground Waterway here in a second because I need some also. Only started yesterday and am only up to Floor 26-30 of Shinra. About to see if I can get Tifa but party is mostly only level 15s. Biggest struggle right now is Gil. Would love to level a ton of my equipment to 5 but don't have shit for monies.
    I managed to get Tifa at like 16 party level. You shouldn't have a problem.

edit: first post updated, if there are other links, just post them and say "put it in there tex".
    Last edited by Ao-; 04-07-2015 at 08:15 PM.

Tuconots
    Yep! Think I'm going to go back to the main story though and finish up a few things. Am only 1 Lesser Power Orb short to have Dark Attack finished then I'll have Poison, Blind, Thundara ready to go, just won't have Thunder Strike. Then may go back and see how far in to Shinra a level 20 or so team will get me. Didn't realize that you get materials specifically for leveling weapons and armor, which made getting some of my stuff up to level much easier.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Intrinsic View Post
    Yep! Think I'm going to go back to the main story though and finish up a few things. Am only 1 Lesser Power Orb short to have Dark Attack finished then I'll have Poison, Blind, Thundara ready to go, just won't have Thunder Strike. Then may go back and see how far in to Shinra a level 20 or so team will get me. Didn't realize that you get materials specifically for leveling weapons and armor, which made getting some of my stuff up to level much easier.
    I'm short on gold right now, as I think I maxed out most of my weapons. I'm going to spam run normal a bit more for small weapon-upgrades so I have a few waiting for decent weapon drops.

Any weapons I shouldn't sell? 3* and above are staying for sure, with a few 2* that are equipped.

Tuconots
    Few notes of interest I've picked up so far
    1) Do not be afraid to close your app and restart a fight if something bad happens that you think you can avoid (your healer getting 1 shot etc). When you restart the game it will ask if you want to continue, hit continue and it will restart the battle you were on (not the area as a whole, the specific fight). Sounds cheap but to be honest when they limit the time you can even play the game with stam requirements then I don't feel so bad.

2) Going off item 1, even though people put out suggestions on when you should do stuff, using #1 and research you can beat things earlier then most people think (gear matters of course, much more then level). I've got a pretty fair amount of the elites done already (I'm up to the siren in the shipyard?) having done 12 total so far. Siren is the first one I didn't finish on my first try, had to retreat mainly because I couldn't handle the damage coming out so I'm going to get some more levels plus I didn't have fire strike/fire II so not going to waste my time since I have a lot to farm otherwise.

3) Fuck RNG, while they made it sound like masume rates were up I swear to god I have bad luck. I got not 1 but THREE pairs of gloves. Had a musume on a free pull but haven't got any since with sticking abit of cash in it. Sucks because masume does nasty damage and fits my main party better but oh well.

4) Off of item 3, it costs ALOT to combine relic items at tier 5. 5 to 6 combo is 100k with no stat gains (just increase lvl limt), next combine is 500k (I haven't had the cash to do so, this Sat i'll farm like a machine and get enough).

5) When upgrading items, if you use another item of the specific item type you gain the same level of upgrade that you get from Monday event items (scarlites?). No matter which item you use it costs the same whether its a lvl 1 or lvl 4 item, its all based off the item level of the base item you are upgrading. Pay attention to this and you can save yourself a lot of cash by upgrading with unneeded items properly.

6) Dark Attack; if you just started etc, MAKE THIS A PRIORITY. I was dumb and got a head of myself and did a lot of fights without. Once I finally got it and they start missing you a lot its "oh....ya that is amazing"; much more important then damage output skills for the hard fights that it works on. Also get Thundara or as 2nd priority as its the most common weakness of any of the elements with existing content.

Ok nothing great but that's what I'd pass on to the fresh starters; so on to my question....party comp. Still not sure what I like.

My main group is
    Seph
    Turbo (tyro)
    Cloud
    Rydia
    Tifa

I use Turbo as my healer & support, Rydia for weakness elements, Cloud for spellsword, and Seph/Tifa for raw damage. I love turbo as the healer because he can do some support and I can put him back row with heavy armor on top so he has much more surviviability. Tifa since I have gloves and somersault does great damage.

I could drop Tifa and run Whitemage and have Turbo w/ upgraded gloves as a support front liner but I definitely lose some damage vs Tifa (in general due to stats and on loss of her soul attack). Also Whitemage has much lower HP. Trade off .....group heal is the ONLY way to get caught back up outside of a lucky end of battle potion drop.

So anyone that is doing the final 20% of the elites or maybe have played JP do you tend to use WHM in party or run with Tyro as healer? Obviously you will fine tune vs the realm you are in but at this point I'm early on enough my levels are low on my main team let alone my back ups so for now I need to focus abit more on the main team to make a push to 50 (WHM is 25 tyro is 33 atm I think)

Tuconots
    5) When upgrading items, if you use another item of the specific item type you gain the same level of upgrade that you get from Monday event items (scarlites?). No matter which item you use it costs the same whether its a lvl 1 or lvl 4 item, its all based off the item level of the base item you are upgrading. Pay attention to this and you can save yourself a lot of cash by upgrading with unneeded items properly.
    Wait, so you're saying that if I'm upgrading a sword, and I use a 2* sword, it's the same as a Small Scarletite (or a 1* is a Tiny Scarletite)? That's really, really good to know.

Also to add to your #1, you can farm bosses way easier by doing this. The best way is clear to the boss and turn your phone to airplane mode. If the fight ends and you don't get the chest, force close the app, turn airplane mode back off, and restart the game. It'll continue you at the boss fight, where you can flee (force closing the app doesn't reset the loot table). Then you can run the boss level again without having to clear all the levels before the boss one (saves a ton of stamina). If the chest does drop, just turn airplane mode off and the game will reconnect and you get your item.

I don't feel bad about this one, as last night I still had to run the Mythril Rod boss about a dozen times to get it to drop (48 stamina?). If I'd had to clear all the trash levels first, you're talking about nearly 200 stamina.

I think I'll go and try to get the Light Rod tonight since you said it wasn't too bad. I'm not sure what lvl and gear you are, but I'm now at 27 and with a good deal of 3* stuff.

Tuconots
    Okay wow. Feel kind of retarded for farming Dark Strike before doing Rufus. Straight fucking wrecked him without blind landing. 24 Cloud - T Strike, 23 Wakka - Boost+Salve, 23 Tyro Cura+Cure(2), 23 Tifa, 20 Tidus - Salve+Dark Strike. Only attacked with Tifa and Cloud. Rest were nothing but buff/heal bitches and spread the damage out. Still had 3/4 Salves, 4/6 Cure, and 3/4 Cura left.

Tuconots
    So noob question...any one know how to look at your character's specific stats when RS bonus is applied? Anytime I pick the area it puts them "in battle" and when I go to party to hold down to look at stats it says they are in battle so I can never gauge the stat increase from RS bonus. As I get more gear on line this weekend when I can farm some gil I'd like to be able to make smart decisions on if I should bring/use RS gear vs existing party ( I know its a big bonus but still would like to see stats)

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Taloo View Post
    Okay wow. Feel kind of retarded for farming Dark Strike before doing Rufus. Straight fucking wrecked him without blind landing. 24 Cloud - T Strike, 23 Wakka - Boost+Salve, 23 Tyro Cura+Cure(2), 23 Tifa, 20 Tidus - Salve+Dark Strike. Only attacked with Tifa and Cloud. Rest were nothing but buff/heal bitches and spread the damage out. Still had 3/4 Salves, 4/6 Cure, and 3/4 Cura left.
    Lol. This was my Rufus win.
    image.jpg

Tuconots
    Ugh that formation! I always have to alternate my front and back row people like ff4. A party just doesnt look right without it.

Tuconots
    A few FFVII accessories as rewards of the new event. That should help a few people to finish the Shinra tower in time.

Tuconots
    That win was earlier today. After leveling Sephiroth and a few minor changes I picked up the protect ring and didn't lose anyone to Rufus. I've been trying to play without spoilers so I was still Air Defense heavy on the final floor. Had half expected aerial enemies just before him.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Jait View Post
    That win was earlier today. After leveling Sephiroth and a few minor changes I picked up the protect ring and didn't lose anyone to Rufus. I've been trying to play without spoilers so I was still Air Defense heavy on the final floor. Had half expected aerial enemies just before him.
    Yeah I was about to go in with Rydia before I asked myself what the fuck I was doing and threw Tidus in. I got the ring first go round luckily by perfecting the lead in stages. No one died but I only hit expert on Rufus due to damage/turns.

Tuconots
    New event cleared getting Cecil; never played them since I am primarily trying to get my main team high enough to handle abit more of the hardest elites, i'll level them Sunday.

Its cake, way easier then seph's event. Accidently auto attacked a few of the bosses not paying attention. I'm curious about Pal Cecil, I think I read the ultimate is forced attacking? If its 100% hit rate that sounds like a staple for high end future content to help control damage direction which is always critical when they put those hard hitting abilities in. Not sure who I'd kick out....

Tuconots
    New event cleared getting Cecil; never played them since I am primarily trying to get my main team high enough to handle abit more of the hardest elites, i'll level them Sunday.

Its cake, way easier then seph's event. Accidently auto attacked a few of the bosses not paying attention. I'm curious about Pal Cecil, I think I read the ultimate is forced attacking? If its 100% hit rate that sounds like a staple for high end future content to help control damage direction which is always critical when they put those hard hitting abilities in. Not sure who I'd kick out....
    I would imagine the pally Cecil could use white magic, so maybe the Record Keeper? he seems the most replaceable to me, just cause he is the best guy to cast cura.

Tuconots
    I can confirm the game is very cpu intensive and if your phone isn't pretty beefy it runs pretty shitty.

Loaded this game up on my PC to stream it and the game runs smooth as butter. Currently on Mount Ordeals 8th station and hoping to get paladin Cecil but we'll have to see, im held back by stamina and have been using my mythril to plow through the event.

Can watch at Twitch but i warn you...stamina starved :P

Cloud lvl 20
    Kain lvl 20
    Dark Cecil lvl 14
    Rydia lvl 20
    White Mage lvl 18

Tuconots
    What is the Blind chance on Dark Attack? Was trying the Elite Mist Dragon for Light Rod last night using the reset thing and out of probably 40 tries not once was he blinded. Was reading posts about how he is blind-able, but if it happened I never saw it.

Tuconots
    Hey Rhuma, I'm curious whether the Cecil event drops a ton of Lesser Fire Orbs, similar to how the Shinra one was with Lightning? I'm currently 2 fire orbs short of making Fira, and it'd be a lot easier to just get them there as opposed to farming (although I still may do Abandoned Mineshaft farming for Mythril Armor).

Are you planning on buying Mythril? From what I've seen, it's basically incredibly rare and I don't know that I'd use it for stamina. But if you're buying it then it's not such a problem.

I'm actually thinking about dumping a good bit of Mythril into inventory expansion today. In every other mobile game I've played it's one of those things that hurts to click the button to do it, but I've never regretted having the extra space. Since I'm running so low on gil (17k at the moment), it'd be nice to just farm the armor daily tomorrow and not worry about it until the gil daily.

Edit: Jesus, I super overprepared for Hundred Gunner. Fucking owned it. Should be able to breeze through the last two stages of Shinra today.

Also didn't realize that the gil dungeon pops up every Wednesday as well. That may derail my plans. Need to run the orb dailies for Mythril, but I may just say fuck it and farm gil the rest of the day and put off Shinra until Friday or something.
    Last edited by Elurin; 04-08-2015 at 02:03 PM.

Tuconots
    Make sure you do as much of Ordeals as possible before Shinra if you're still lower levels. Tons and tons of ff7 drops on ordeals for synergy.

Thread Information