Thread: Mouse recommendations

Tuconots

Mouse recommendations

I've got a Razer Naga 2012, and it finally started having the notorious double-clicking issues, which gets annoying very quickly.

I actually really loved the mouse prior to this, but now I'm leery of getting the new Razer Naga.

Supposedly the SteelSeries Rival is supposed to be excellent, but I haven't tried one - does anyone have experience with it, or any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Tuconots
    I use a Razer Deathadder and have been for 5 years or so and it's hands down been the best mouse I have ever owned. I had the double click thing but just took it apart watching a you tube video then gave it a good clean.. Was a simple fix and it's still going strong now.

Tuconots
    G502.
    Calling me a Cunt is a lot like calling Hitler a Nazi, it's not exactly received as the insult you were intending.

Star Citizen referral code - [STAR-C3G4-2XMJ]

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmiasma View Post
    I've got a Razer Naga 2012, and it finally started having the notorious double-clicking issues, which gets annoying very quickly.

I actually really loved the mouse prior to this, but now I'm leery of getting the new Razer Naga.

Supposedly the SteelSeries Rival is supposed to be excellent, but I haven't tried one - does anyone have experience with it, or any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
    might as well try cleaning it

1. First Carefully/Slowly peel off the outer plastic pad as the second picture shows, underneath you will see 4 small screws.
    ( you do not need to take off the large sticker on the bottom of the mouse, I originally thought I did but you don't )

2. Take out screws

3. Use either your finger nail or a pointy flat object to pop the back portion of the naga up then take off the top, the right side of the naga will likely fall off, no biggie you will put it back when were done.

4. Now were going to apply 3-5 drops of CONTACT CLEANER directly on top of the button that is giving you issue (in my case the little button switch on the left side of the wheel)

5. I recommend pushing the button a bunch of times slowly to help let the solution go down into the switcher, this will help remove whatever is causing your bad contact.

you can also just try replacing it, pretty sure it's probably a shitty omron switch, like 99% of all mice. (my mice are modded with cherry mx's, but no one in their right mind would do such a glorious mod)

Tuconots
    Got a Logitech MX518 that I have had for several years and love.

Tuconots
    There is no other mouse besides the deathadder. It's the spiritual to successor to the intellimouse, the best mouse of all time.

Tuconots
    All I want in life is a mouse with 5+ buttons, big enough for me to rest my actual palm on instead of rocking the claw grip.

Tuconots
    G602 is pretty big, but it's wireless.
    Calling me a Cunt is a lot like calling Hitler a Nazi, it's not exactly received as the insult you were intending.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Mist View Post
    Looks perfect, thank you.

Tuconots
    It's not huge though, I don't think it's really any bigger than a G5.

Tuconots
    Roccat makes some great mice. The Kone series are $. I bought a G502 and didnt really care for it so swapped back to my Roccat Kone Pure. G502 started randomly double clicking and the button placement for the thumbs felt a little off.
    PSN: Brewchop
    Blizzard: Janx#1578

Tuconots
    Logitech G500 has been the best mouse I've used/owned by far.

Dual-action scrolling wheel with tilt! Seriously, this scroll wheel has spoiled me...I can never go back.
    just enough buttons
    great size
    weight cartridge
    nice, heavy, braided cord

2 years of moderate to heavy use, and it still looks and feels new.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius View Post
    Got a Logitech MX518 that I have had for several years and love.
    Isn't the MX518 discontinued? That's why it's now going for $130 on Amazon? I have this mouse as well, and will be sad when it finally dies.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Crone View Post
    Isn't the MX518 discontinued? That's why it's now going for $130 on Amazon? I have this mouse as well, and will be sad when it finally dies.
    The G400 was the replacement for the MX518. I was a long time MX518 user and I got a G700 when it finally died. Great mouse, though a little heavy for some.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Mist View Post
    This is the best mouse I've used in a long time. I've got big hands and it's quite comfortable. The batteries last for 2-3 months. The range is great and it doesn't suffer from any kind of interference like other wireless mice I've owned. It's great for gaming as well, unless you're one of those people that think an imperceptible delay of a couple milliseconds is the reason you get stomped online.

Tuconots
    Ended up getting the Razer Naga 2015 - they new layout feels pretty good, and the clicking is a lot more solid - thanks for all the recommendations everyone - I tried some of them out in the stores, but in the end, I just went with what was familiar.

Tuconots
    I got the G602 thanks to this thread and just wanted to update that it's awesome.

Registered User The Dauntless One's Avatar
    Tuconots
    What's a good mouse to replace my dying G9x? I love that mouse and would replace it with the same but its discontinued =(

Tuconots
    Probably the G502 or G602.

Tuconots
    Love everything about my G700: the weight, can run corded with or without batteries, or wireless, and just enough buttons so it's not too "busy".
    Last edited by Argarth; 06-13-2015 at 04:09 AM.

Tuconots
    There's only 1 correct answer, and it's the Zowie EC2 Evo. Fucking plebs.

Tuconots
    Be mindful that some mice (usually Logitech) will often have, or develop, a lovely high frequency tone when idle that will slowly eat your soul.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Groover View Post
    Be mindful that some mice (usually Logitech) will often have, or develop, a lovely high frequency tone when idle that will slowly eat your soul.
    WAT?

My Logitech mice are built like a rock.

2014 Hearthstone Champion slippery's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Sometimes I miss my trackball.

Streaming mostly Hearthstone or Overwatch
    Battletag - tehslippery#1869

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by brekk View Post
    WAT?

My Logitech mice are built like a rock.
    The G500 was notorious for it. MX518, also mentioned here, often exhibited the same problem.. along with the 9 series. I imagine the newer versions are fine.. but worth checking out.

Tuconots
    I love Logitech but it never fails that every mouse I have gotten of theirs eventually gets the accidental double click of doom. It gets annoying very quickly.
    PSN: Araxen, Xbox Live: Araxen II, WiiU: Araxen, Steam: Araxen

Tuconots
    I've had a couple problems in the past with Logitech mice with the buttons become squeaky or double clicking, but their customer service is fucking top notch. I sent them a G500 that had the LMB starting to fail, so they immediately sent me out a G500, and then when I told them the button had a slight squeak in it, they sent me a G500S and told me to just keep the brand new G500.

Good customer service makes me a loyal customer, and I've always loved their mice.

Tuconots
    im on my 2nd g700s that has to run wired the whole time. wireless, it's very laggy and misses a ton of input. i bought antoher g700 thinking my old mouse or receiver was the problem. after about 5 months, same issue. just run corded the whole time.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Denamian View Post
    The G400 was the replacement for the MX518. I was a long time MX518 user and I got a G700 when it finally died. Great mouse, though a little heavy for some.
    Looks like the G400 is discontinued, and the G700 while probably good, looks pretty complex. Loved the MX518 for it's simplicity! Might pick up a used - like new one off Ebay or something.
    Battle.net - Crone#1894 || Steam - Crone
    PSN: BigCrone

Tuconots
    I bought this guy, absolutely awesome. Battery drain is a little rough if you game a lot, but you can turn down battery usage when just using normal computer shit. I wanted the wireless one you charged via USB but heard the battery life was abysmal.

Wireless Gaming Mouse - G602 - Logitech
    Noodleface#1412 - <Rerolled> US-Hyjal Horde - Noodleface

Follow me on Twitch! - Streaming Rerolled minivan dad raids Friday nights 9PM EST and Saturday mornings 11AM EST!

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Crone View Post
    Looks like the G400 is discontinued, and the G700 while probably good, looks pretty complex. Loved the MX518 for it's simplicity! Might pick up a used - like new one off Ebay or something.
    The G700 is actually pretty simple once you get used to it, not nearly as many buttons as those MMO mice.

A couple friends use http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AAQRNQ8 If you're looking for something cheap and reliable. It even has removable weights.

Thread Information