Thread: Bloodline - Netflix Original

Tuconots

Bloodline - Netflix Original

Anyone else watching this?

I have watched 3 episodes and I like it. Some heavy character development going on through 3 episodes which I like. After the 1st episode you will have a decent idea of the family dynamics but that is just the surface, every episode they go a little deeper on back story.

Tuconots
    Yeah, I'd say the first episode is sort of slow since it's setting things up. I almost stopped after that since I thought it was boring, but the second episode really starts piling on the mystery and becomes far more engaging. I'm about halfway through now and am pretty hooked, though I have to wonder what they do for a second season.

Tuconots
    I'm in the same boat. The show has me hooked through 7 episodes. That said, if season 1 wraps up, what is the second season going to be? A new family/story? I like the way they shot the show with flashbacks, flash forwards and the plot points being scrambled.

Tuconots
    Up to episode 4 and had to stop watching, shitty older brother drama hits too close to home. They sure do get those family dynamics right, can really see the inner turmoil.

MAKE EARTH EXTINCT AGAIN! Abefroman's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Just finished this. Really recommend it, if you got some family issues I bet it would be really hard to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleface
    Marriage is the best, I love having sex with my husband and giving him BJ's when I'm on my period

Tuconots
    For those that are finished with season 1 -
    Spoiler: 
    It appears that season 2 will probably be about the old Police Officer and Mother finding out about what happened with Danny. I bet Marco (the partner sheriff) will also find out about it. And then there's Danny's kid who shows up. What I worry about however, is that there's been enough flashbacks from the family's point of view of events that occurred in the past regarding Danny, so whats left for them to show?

Anyway this show was great. I highly recommend it - Netflix is killing it with original programming

Tuconots
    Awesome show but I kept waiting for coach taylor to break out a clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose speech.

Tuconots
    This was a really good show. Just finished it up, that death scene was pretty brutal.
    Quote Originally Posted by tad10 View Post
    This place has gone to shit.

Tuconots
    This would have been better as a two part movie IMO instead of a 12 hour dragging out of a somewhat thin plot stuffed with repetitive flashbacks and "Ohh Mysterious Foreshadowing" (waves hands in face). I enjoyed it for what it was but by the end I felt no interest for any of the cast and was just glad that it was over with.

For anyone considering a watch of this I would recommend spacing out the viewing.

Tuconots
    I watched 2-3 at a time and left them to stew a couple of days. I liked the format with the family secrets being revealed through flashbacks throughout the season. But I tend to like shows like this, kind of family dramas. I really liked Six Feet Under, I would say this is kind of a cross between that and a detective show. Chandler was off the fuckin chain, too, as was Mendehlson.

Tuconots
    season 2 starts tommorow , i really liked first and trailer for 2nd looks awesome.
    Last edited by semisus; 05-26-2016 at 07:35 PM.

Tuconots
    There's a second season of this? I thought it was a one time deal? I never finished the first season.

Tuconots
    The firs episode didn't hook me at all. Maybe I'll give it another shot after reading this thread.

Tuconots
    I struggled to like episode 8 or whatever. The show only got worse as it went on in my opinion. I felt there wasn't a single character to root for.

Tuconots
    Season one had a slow start, but I'm glad I gave it another chance and ended up really enjoying it. A lot of that had to do with Ben Mendelsohn's performance though.
    Spoiler: 
    I'm curious to see what sort of direction they can go in without him.

Tuconots
    What's this about? Vampires?

Tuconots
    It's about a really fucked up, rich family.

Tuconots
    Watched S1 this past few weeks. I liked it. Danny may have been shitty but was dealt a raw hand (in my opinion). How the rest of the "perfect" family deals with the fact they fucking murdered him and covered it up makes them quite a bit worse than an asshole drug addict criminal.

Season 2 should be interesting.
    "Let go your earthly tether. Enter the void. Empty, and become wind."
    -Zaheer
    B.Net: TJT#1179

Tuconots
    Dude he went pretty far beyond asshole druggie, he was pointedly trying to ruin their lives.

I've watched the first couple from S2, I like it. It got a bad review on AV Club but good reviews elsewhere, idk, I think it is the same as S1, if this isn't your thing you won't be into it. I love the slow burn family drama sort of thing.

Tuconots
    Sorry chaos, I don't think that murdering him was righteous or the right thing to do in any capacity. An entire lifetime of being shit on by all of your family would probably make you into a shitty person who didn't give a fuck.

They seemed to have an annoying irrational fear of the guy. Like John's wife and his panic over the daughter "missing." I didn't get that part.
    Last edited by TJT; 05-29-2016 at 11:13 AM.
    -Zaheer

Tuconots
    It definitely wasn't righteous. But at some point him being shit on by his family so he acts out just becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. I probably wouldn't do that in that same situation. But I can understand why Coach whacked him. He was definitely going to ruin the family business, at least 2 families, fuck up Meg's career, he was threatening John's kids, the dude seems like he wanted John to kill him. Right or wrong, pushing people makes them lash out and do crazy shit to defend themselves and their families.

Tuconots
    I expected this to be high production dreck. It is surprisingly good.

Good writing, but really good performances.

Tuconots
    Okay got all caught up. End of season payoff can suck a dick. Seriously. There is absolutely no fucking way Kevin can come back from that and anything they do with it will be stupid as fuck.
    -Zaheer

Tuconots
    Well they didn't really have anywhere else to go, something dramatic had to happen to keep everyone in the game. I just finished it up, everyone just seems determined to do the stupidest possible thing at every possible moment. Frustrating.

I still enjoyed it, less than the first season though.

Tuconots
    Season was better than I expected due to hearing a lot of negative reviews. It did a good job with following up on Danny's murder, and I could see a couple more seasons being enjoyable if it continues to progress in a direction where the things they have to do to cover their asses continues to snowball. I'd compare it to being similar to Breaking Bad in that regard, just with a family slowly becoming evil instead of just one person, except this show is much more of a slow burn.

There were a lot of parts that felt like they were really dragging their feet. Like the stuff with Danny's son really never ended up having any relevance to the main plot. It started off seeming like he knew something about Danny's death and was going to be a threat, but he mostly just became a mopey asshole. (Though, I have to say they did an amazing job casting someone that looks so much like Ben Mendelsohn.) Beau Bridges's character also never got much development beyond being a deus ex machina that solved everyone's financial problems.

Quote Originally Posted by TJT View Post
    Okay got all caught up. End of season payoff can suck a dick. Seriously. There is absolutely no fucking way Kevin can come back from that and anything they do with it will be stupid as fuck.
    I'm wondering if they'll try to pin it on O'Bannon. As far as the sheriff knows, he's still the prime suspect in Danny's murder. He was only looking at John as being complicit in helping Danny in the hotel, because for some reason, Marco never shared his suspicions with the sheriff. And his investigation is mostly just for political reasons anyways.

But I'm also okay if Kevin isn't able to come back from this. Would be an interesting to have John try to use this as a scapegoat in Danny's murder. Kevin was coked up, has a temper, can't account for his whereabouts, and now is obviously capable of murder.

Tuconots
    halfway through season2 now.

show is losing me. Everyone is so unlikable. Kevin is so retarded its hard to watch. (im only just past the ditch sister, and give coke back to druglord part.. loling at you guys suggesting he gets even dumber.) douchebag son is such a douchebag, have to wonder why everyone is putting up with his shit at all, while his mom is getting the cold shoulder.

Ghost Danny is super annoying.

Tuconots
    I think they fucked up the second season. First season was so great because they pretty much wrapped everything up. Then I assume they got picked up for 2 more seasons, so season two of course has to be lol cliff hanger. Also agree this show is pretty much how to make the worst decisions about everything while also being the biggest scumbag family possible. Towards the last episode I was really hoping for the show being wrapped up by the family getting fucked, and then season three be a backstory about how the parents ended up with the inn, which sounded pretty interesting according told old man moneybags. That season could have ended with the daughters death and danny's beat down.

Tuconots
    I wonder how they will continue to work Danny in for season 3. There's only so many flashbacks you can do.

Thread Information