Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars : Rogue One

Tuconots

Star Wars : Rogue One

Might be a bit early for this thread, but info specific to this movie is starting to come out, vague as it may be..

Nerdist rumors

Tuconots
    They should just give this guy a truckload of money and have him make a season of tie fighter with the zentraedi pilots from robotech (including Miriyas missile storm in a tie bomber!) in the same hardcore 80s scifi anime style:

Kickstarter this shit.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by khorum View Post
    They should just give this guy a truckload of money and have him make a season of tie fighter with the zentraedi pilots from robotech (including Miriyas missile storm in a tie bomber!) in the same hardcore 80s scifi anime style:

Kickstarter this shit.

Disney need to throw a pile of money a that guy and get that shit done.

Tuconots
    I like everything but those shitty anime faces.
    Quote Originally Posted by suineg View Post
    That is how First Blood was drawn though. Do we want John Rambo roaming through the forest of our forums killing the police?

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures Royal's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Was a bad day to be on Team Rebel Scum.

Tuconots
    Plot details out, I'll clean up the link later when not on my phone. Sounds awesome, Bothans please!!

STAR WARS ROGUE ONE Details Revealed at Star Wars Celebration Panel | Nerdist

Tuconots

https://twitter.com/slashfilm

Peter Sciretta @slashfilm
    The Star Wars stand alone films have a logo treatment with STar Wars in little type on the top, Rogue One in big, and then Anthology below

https://twitter.com/EricVespe

Eric Vespe @EricVespe
    Felicity Jones will play a rebel soldier, says Edwards. He also said she dropped everything to do this movie because she's a huge SW fan.

Eric Vespe @EricVespe
    Zero Dark Thirty DoP will shoot Rogue One. Doug Chang one of the production designers

Eric Vespe @EricVespe
    Rogue One has VFX guy who worked on Saving Private Ryan. "You're not kidding about this being a war picture." "It is called Star WARS."

Tuconots
    Peter ScirettaVerified account
    ‏@slashfilm

'Star Wars: Rogue One' Details: Theft of Death Star Plans Confirmed as Plot http://goo.gl/1CiPCs

Peter ScirettaVerified account
    ‏@slashfilm

Set after episode 3 and before episode 4, and it takes place closer to A New Hope.

Tuconots
    Dodgy phone camera grab of teaser trailer:

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Blakkheim View Post

https://twitter.com/slashfilm

Peter Sciretta @slashfilm
    The Star Wars stand alone films have a logo treatment with STar Wars in little type on the top, Rogue One in big, and then Anthology below

https://twitter.com/EricVespe

Eric Vespe @EricVespe
    Felicity Jones will play a rebel soldier, says Edwards. He also said she dropped everything to do this movie because she's a huge SW fan.

Eric Vespe @EricVespe
    Zero Dark Thirty DoP will shoot Rogue One. Doug Chang one of the production designers

Eric Vespe @EricVespe
    Rogue One has VFX guy who worked on Saving Private Ryan. "You're not kidding about this being a war picture." "It is called Star WARS."
    lol this sounds awesome.
    Calling me a Cunt is a lot like calling Hitler a Nazi, it's not exactly received as the insult you were intending.

Star Citizen referral code - [STAR-C3G4-2XMJ]

Tuconots
    That "teaser" had less in it than a video game cutscene.

Tuconots
    Getting a Marvel vibe off this. Looks like Disney finally learned how to get shit right again.

That single Death Star "moon" shot had more love and good creativity in it than the entire prequels.

Tuconots
    That's no moon.

(Sorry, I had to)

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Itzena View Post
    That's no moon.

(Sorry, I had to)
    See? It worked! Well played Mr.Teaser Trailer.

Tuconots
    Damn, take my money.
    That is how First Blood was drawn though. Do we want John Rambo roaming through the forest of our forums killing the police?

Tuconots
    I heard it said somewhere that the reason the recent superhero movies are so good is because kids that grew up with these things dominating their lives, with a true connection to the heart of the franchises, are the ones now making the decisions and the movies themselves. Seems to be true with Star Wars too. I have a gigantic amount of faith in what they are doing with Star Wars across the board right now, even having lived through the prequels disappointments.

Tuconots
    I said that in the Avengers thread , but it's true.

The Artists that grew up on these movies have moved to positions where they can make decisions. It also doesn't hurt that Disney has been fostering creativity, and the position of putting out high quality products since Walt created it.

Tuconots
    Well plus 1 to you then!

Tuconots
    I'm not seeing any Bothans in that picture.

Will we finally find out how many?
    Calling me a Cunt is a lot like calling Hitler a Nazi, it's not exactly received as the insult you were intending.

Tuconots
    Based on the screams at the end, there are at least half a dozen dead Bothans!

Tuconots
    The director of this (I think) said the movie is basically about how the Jedi were supposed to be the saviors of truth and justice, but they're not there. It's just normal people fighting and dying all while the absence of a Jedi savior hangs over everyone. Sounds awesome. I almost wish Vader shows up for one scene and just wrecks stuff.. but not really. It'd be awesome to have the Rebels finally winning and then Vader just comes in and is unstoppable death and carnage. Then he just gets in a shuttle and takes off while the Rebels just sulk and lick their wounds.

Tuconots
    I hope Vader shows up and personally slays at least 20 Bothans.

Tuconots
    Draegan is a faggoty piece of shit who sold the forum to mmorpg.com just to spite us. Register at the new site.

ReReRolled.org - A Gaming Community

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Mist View Post
    I hope Vader shows up and personally slays at least 20 Bothans.
    First Death Star, not the second. But yeah. They should do that for Rogue Squadron VI: The Squadrenning

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevy View Post
    The director of this (I think) said the movie is basically about how the Jedi were supposed to be the saviors of truth and justice, but they're not there. It's just normal people fighting and dying all while the absence of a Jedi savior hangs over everyone. Sounds awesome. I almost wish Vader shows up for one scene and just wrecks stuff.. but not really. It'd be awesome to have the Rebels finally winning and then Vader just comes in and is unstoppable death and carnage. Then he just gets in a shuttle and takes off while the Rebels just sulk and lick their wounds.
    Further illustrating how shitty the prequels were, I'm not sure how that makes sense. The entirety of the prequels they were basically "lol we ain't soldiers but I guess we can direct traffic and deflect laser bullets". It just doesn't make sense what maybe one or five dudes per planet is going to do vs crime much less full on war. The Jedi really didn't do anything practical for the average Joe in the movies they kind of just whined a lot and prayed to force jebus in their tower. They were pretty much a cross between the UN and the Catholic church in all the wrong ways. So if all the EU shit is gone that said otherwise...

Tuconots
    How about we all fucking agree the Prequels never happened?

Tuconots
    Except for Order 66. that part was decent.

Tuconots
    One of the season 6 post-cancellation stories of Clone Wars detailed how close Order 66 came to being exposed before Movie 3. Was a pretty good story, even if you knew they would fall short of discovering it.
    Draegan is a faggoty piece of shit who sold the forum to mmorpg.com just to spite us. Register at the new site.

Tuconots
    There were 10,000 Jedi at the time of the prequels, so I guess there were about ten billion clone troopers and a goddamn amazing number of droid factories shitting out enough metal cannon fodder to build a thousand Death Stars, all fighting roughly 5,000 simultaneous battles across space. (since we only ever see 1-2 Jedi at any given battle)

Within 20 years the Jedi were all dead.

Not bad work from Palp considering the galaxy had been a peace for thousands of years and then *poof*.

ronburgandy.jpg

I guess not having Jedi on the battlefield means they are going for a sort of WW1-esque vibe where weapons are so powerful and tactics so outdated that war is an absolute meat grinder. Plus, don't forget the major switch from clones/droids battling it out (who gives a shit?) to real people fighting and dying and shitting their pants throughout. Maybe we'll even get a bone tossed in as to why Stormtroopers went from clones of the most badass warrior in the galaxy to a bunch of inept conscripts (saving money as resources shifted to Death Stars?)

Given the time period, they could have cameos from anyone or no one. But they could do all kinds of things to bridge the gap between the shitquels and the originals. Robot vs clone was cartoon violence, now they are fighting real war.

Tuconots
    yeah. finding a "good" reason will be a bit hard.
    most explanations kindof require a clone trooper genocide.. which, you'd think would be something mentioned. This is particularly true the more clones are treated like humans.
    The best explanation probably is that. clones had this middle ground between the droids and humans. we already know the Empire, and "humans" in Starwars are a bit xenophobic, as well totally enforce slavery on the droids.
    Troopers start demanding to be treated like humans. real humans won't have any of it, and have them all wiped out. Same way any droid demanding rights is.

Can be played in two ways. 1. helmets etc... general public may not even know about it. 2. everyone is a racist and really doesn't consider clones human, so don't give a shit. just like they don't give a shit about wiping droids memories, etc.

The formation of the Rebel Alliance can act as a cover for the need to conscript more troopers, and keep the galaxy at war to justify the need for such a military.
    Last edited by Caliane; 04-20-2015 at 03:40 PM.

Tuconots
    So this will be the story of the people who got the info on the Death Star weakness right?

Tuconots
    The clone wars cartoon talked about the sheer amount of resources needed to raise the clones into a fighting force and it was bankrupting the republic, which was part of palpatines plan. Now that the republic is gone, he doesn't need any new clones. So he just waits for them to die off and replaces then with discount rent a cops. He doesn't need elites en masse, he needs bodies to stand there and be intimidating behind the face of the empire.

Tuconots
    He should have stole, annexed, or whatever the Trade Federation and pumped out battle droids.

Make America's Team great again Hoss's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Battle droids don't have the force flowing through them.
    #TrumpLovesPecker
    #HillaryDidNothingWrong

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    Battle droids don't have the force flowing through them.
    because they don't have veins
    A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping over the Earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust... retaliation.

Hollywood is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until everything you love is dead.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by ohkcrlho View Post
    Could a Terminator have the Force then?

Tuconots
    Clone Wars / Rebels spoiler:
    Spoiler: 
    The clones do not appear to have aged well so they likely weren't meant to have full life spans, but they are bringing back 3 stormtrooper clones from Clone Wars who specifically removed their inhibitor chips.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by ohkcrlho View Post
    Skippy the Jedi Droid - Wookieepedia, the Star Wars Wiki

Tuconots
    The clones had accelerated development/childhoods in the movies, did they ever imply that shut itself off? Would make sense to see them looking pretty rough for Rebels and be totally gone by a few years after that if it didn't stop.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguex View Post
    The clones had accelerated development/childhoods in the movies, did they ever imply that shut itself off? Would make sense to see them looking pretty rough for Rebels and be totally gone by a few years after that if it didn't stop.
    If the accelerated aging didn't stop none of them would have survived to be in the Rebels cartoon.

*edit* And the first batches of clones would have been already getting middle aged before the Clone Wars were over.

Tuconots
    They were mostly likely designed to die early. You don't need billions of old clone men making the gene pool of the galaxy be 50% Jango Fett.

Also this seems fucking evil, I mean... disposable people? Fantastic. Well done Jedi for supporting this when you can fucking cut through robots like paper anyway.
    Last edited by Chris; 04-20-2015 at 08:39 PM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadsalad View Post
    Could a Terminator have the Force then?
    possibly....microscopic things in the blood -> midichlorians -> the Force
    Last edited by ohkcrlho; 04-20-2015 at 09:05 PM.
    A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping over the Earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust... retaliation.

Hollywood is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until everything you love is dead.

Tuconots
    Are there terminators now who are flesh? I was wondering if skinjobs had the force, and I figure they probably do.

The clones aged at twice the normal rate, and in the books (which i know are not canon anymore) that had no way of getting shut off. Skirata was looking for a way to fix that and got close a couple times, but as of the last book written about him and his boys, he never found it. That meant they were all going to be dead in 50ish years of old age (I'm pretty sure human life spans are a little longer in Star Wars). So, by the time of EP4, the first clones would have been about 30 actual years old, but equivalent to 60 year olds.
    #TrumpLovesPecker
    #HillaryDidNothingWrong

Tuconots
    Which explains why Boba Fett was fine, since he didn't have that acceleration of aging gene implanted into him.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    They were mostly likely designed to die early. You don't need billions of old clone men making the gene pool of the galaxy be 50% Jango Fett.

Also this seems fucking evil, I mean... disposable people? Fantastic. Well done Jedi for supporting this when you can fucking cut through robots like paper anyway.
    They could have just made them sterile.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinmad View Post
    They could have just made them sterile.
    That... ok that is much simpler haha.

In the Panhandle waiting for death by Tornado.
    Tuconots
    If you get a blood transfusion from the Jedi you can use the force.

Tuconots
    Honestly if I were a Jedi Knight I'd only use the force to raw dog hero and not have to worry about pregnancy. It'd be horrible though when my body is found naked, in a closet, dead from beltless auto-erotic asphyxiation

Tuconots
    Well, he's an actual black person so Disney is doing as expected. If Robert Downey shows up as his Tropic Thunder character that's when we should get concerned.

Tuconots
    i've got no issue with them adding black people into a previously highly white galaxy far far away. I just don't quite see the fit from the stuff I have seen him in previously. He is an extremely talented actor for sure.

Tuconots
    Are they alternating episodes 7-9 with the standalone films every other year? So Episode 7 in 2015 then 8 in 2017 and 9 in 2019?

Tuconots
    yes, exactly. Its my understanding that ep8 will go back to the memorial day opening tradition in May, but that could change.

Tuconots
    i've got no issue with them adding black people into a previously highly white galaxy far far away. I just don't quite see the fit from the stuff I have seen him in previously. He is an extremely talented actor for sure.

Tuconots
    Since Avatar 2 is christmas 2017 we'll get episode 8 during the summer. Likely to be the same for the Boba Fett movie.

Tuconots

Tuconots
    I feel like that could be bad, some young up and comer playing harrison ford? they should leave the trifecta characters alone. So many more interesting places to go, and Id rather see something post Trilogy or concurrent

Tuconots
    Well if Chris Pratt is going to be the new Indiana Jones... Star-Lord shot first?

Tuconots
    He's already played a younger version of a Harrison Ford character in one movie ...

Tuconots
    How young? Sean Patrick Flanery still around?
    Pussy bitch Draegan sold us out to MMORPG.com

Exodus underway to Rererolled - A Gaming Community

Oh and sorta fuck Tuco too.

Tuconots
    Star Wars: Rogue Cut. Just like the X-Men!

Tuconots
    Pratt is probably the closest thing we have had to Harrison Ford since... Harrison Ford.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    Pratt is probably the closest thing we have had to Harrison Ford since... Harrison Ford.
    Nathan Fillion would have made a good Harrison Ford replacement about ten years ago. Probably missed the window now.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    He's already played a younger version of a Harrison Ford character in one movie ...

Anthony Ingruber

Tuconots
    That was terrible and you should feel bad for making me watch it.

Tuconots
    Wow that was really bad.

Tuconots
    I'd rather have this guy. Then he can play Harrison Ford, Robin Williams, and Tyrannosaurus Rex.

Jamie Costas Indiana Jones Vine Compilation - YouTube

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakkis View Post
    *Tyrannosaurus Rex.
    *Rancor
    #TrumpLovesPecker
    #HillaryDidNothingWrong

Tuconots
    This guy can play a rancor.

Tuconots

Tuconots
    Looks grimdark.

Tuconots
    God damn it Disney we get it. Why have Princesses that only girls buy and superheroes only boys buy. Let's fuckin combine the two with our new Star Wars IP.

All hail Princess Adama.

Tuconots
    Looks like one of those bad predator movies they've been making

Tuconots
    It's grungy but disney would never make a grimdark star wars movie.

Tuconots
    Looks like Expendables: Star Wars

Tuconots
    The hope that Donnie Yen was going to play a jedi in Ep 8 just died.

Tuconots
    Looks like a picture from the new world order where all the CIS white males have been executed. Still excited.

Tuconots
    Anyone grab the pictures that were posted by Donnie Yen today before they got yanked down today?

Tuconots
    Anyone grab the pictures that were posted by Donnie Yen today before they got yanked down today?
    I read that and a buddy of mine had sent me a link to that picture like 10 mins ago, so I clicked the link again to grab it and post it here and it's gone haha. Disney must have hired a thousand people to hunt for this shit all over I swear.

Anyway, it was just a picture of three helmets from Rogue One...what looked like a regular Stormtrooper helmet, some sort of tan-colored helmet that reminded me of a scout trooper but was probably intended for desert camo gear, and a very weird black helmet that looked like a mix of a shadow trooper and an old school cylon centurion.

EDIT : Nevermind, found it.

donnie-yen-helmets-big.jpg
    Last edited by Runnen; 08-24-2015 at 09:44 PM.

Tuconots
    Nice, love the commando looking one. Thanks and plus nets for you

Tuconots
    Is that a Deathstar (a la Wedge Antilles) painted on the top of the sand colored helm? New Republic Commandos?!?! WRAITH SQUADRON?!?!? (obviously not the actual characters, but a story similar would be cool)

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevy View Post
    WRAITH SQUADRON?!?!?
    Don't you fucking do that to me

Tuconots
    Black one is obviously just evolution of tie pilot hat.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Palum View Post
    Black one is obviously just evolution of tie pilot hat.
    Rogue One takes place chronologically before we would have ever seen a Tie pilot, but not by much. Gotta be something else.

Tuconots
    Wouldn't really make sense for a pre-ANH helmet to feature a Death Star logo considering no one has seen the Death Star yet at that point in time.

Tuconots
    But they've seen moons!
    Pussy bitch Draegan sold us out to MMORPG.com

Exodus underway to Rererolled - A Gaming Community

Oh and sorta fuck Tuco too.

Tuconots
    It's no moon, though.

Tuconots
    Rogue One takes place chronologically before we would have ever seen a Tie pilot, but not by much. Gotta be something else.
    Doesn't mean that's not what it's an evolution of. Don't forget prequel technology looked much newer too.

Tuconots
    Doesn't mean that's not what it's an evolution of. Don't forget prequel technology looked much newer too.

Tuconots

Tuconots
    Am I missing something? I see one pic there and it's a lower res version of the one we've had for a month.
    #TrumpLovesPecker
    #HillaryDidNothingWrong

Tuconots
    If they only said "photo" it wouldn't have gotten as many clicks as "photos". That's my guess, at least.

Tuconots
    If you follow the links eventually you get to 13 photos in a TMZ slideshow. I got through 5 photos of the same crashed craft before it crashed my phone browser.

Tuconots
    This might be the same camera phone video that was posted earlier in the thread but the link doesn't work for anymore:

Tuconots
    Horrible idea.

Tuconots
    It will probably be the least Star Wars like of the movies so far. No jedi. Focused on espionage and Rebel special forces. Insertion and extraction from enemy territory. It going to be very different from anything so far and I expect a lot of current fans may not care for it. Personally I'm looking forward to it. I'd like to see the IP expand out from it's current footprint while still giving us regular features in the existing mold.

Tuconots
    Is that trailer fake?

Tuconots
    No it's a teaser trailer that Disney has shown only in a few closed venues.

Tuconots
    I don't remember but the basic premise is this is going to feature the mission/quest/whatever that leads to Leia getting the death star plans right? It's not going to be further back?

Thread Information