Page 1 of 67 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode 7 (Spoilers no longer enforced, caveat emptor)

Not My Real Name
    Tuconots

Star Wars: Episode 7 (Spoilers no longer enforced, caveat emptor)

Apparently Mark Hamil is Force sensitive and can see into the future (well, almost):

And with regards to the leaked storyline that was posted a few pages back, sounds good, but I just hope they address this one point that had me scratching my head, instead of using it as a Plot McGuffin:
    Spoiler: 
    So they find Luke's hand on a desert planet? How did it end up there instead of falling into Bespin's gas giant's core?

As for the teaser, now that I've had a chance to watch it a few times and think it over: I like it. It doesn't say shit, but looks good. The only thing that I don't like is the lightsaber. And it's not because of some physics/lore/practicality argument, I just don't like it. But that's no game breaker for me.

I'm going to allow my hopes to get up for it.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrindal View Post
    Plot almost sounds too good to be true. Probably is.

Spoiler: 
    If Von Sydow's character is from the previous films... who is he? Emperor Palpatine? That's way too dumb. If he's a cyborg it means he either is replacing failing parts (old) or he got fucked up (Anakin style). Not sure anyone falls into that category except Palpatine maybe. Literally trying to think of humanoids from episode IV-VI and the only people that could fit the part are people from Episode I-III... Dooku? Qui-Gon? WEDGE ANTILLES?!?! No clue.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevy View Post

Spoiler: 
    If Von Sydow's character is from the previous films... who is he? Emperor Palpatine? That's way too dumb. If he's a cyborg it means he either is replacing failing parts (old) or he got fucked up (Anakin style). Not sure anyone falls into that category except Palpatine maybe. Literally trying to think of humanoids from episode IV-VI and the only people that could fit the part are people from Episode I-III... Dooku? Qui-Gon? WEDGE ANTILLES?!?! No clue.
    Does everyone remember when metal gear solid 2 came out and kojima trolled everyone with raiden? Then he super trolled everyone and turned him into the new cyborg ninja that everyone had no choice but to love?

Max von sydow is jarjar.

Tuconots
    This movie is such a big deal it's one of those things where I want a taste of what I'm in for, but unfortunately you have to get the full fucking package. I want to go in and be like "damn! Vader is Luke's dad?!?!" like everyone else, not just turn to my friend and give a knowing smirk like other movies.

Spoiler: 
    Clone Palpatine actually sounds right. That's why he could be neutral or just slightly evil. But 'normies' would hate that shit while book nerds might love the nod to that whole shizz.

Tuconots

Spoiler: 
    Check out this comment from that Reddit thread:

(If you don't want spoilers, SERIOUSLY, don't click this. If accurate it spoils probably the biggest plot reveal in the movie.)

Spoiler: 
    "I posted this in a reply to a comment but I'll flesh it out more fully in a direct reply to the post itself:

Theory regarding Max Sadow's character. Or whoever plays the cyborg hanging out with Daisy Ridley's Character.

That character is Boba Fett.

Think about it- Boba Fett supposedly died on Tatooine. He was in both the prequel trilogy as well as the original trilogy, and he is a fan favorite. If the opening act is indeed on Tatooine, then having a big reveal be that Boba Fett is still alive would be awesome, and fit with the character being created in the concept art.

Cybernetics would have been needed to survive, most likely, after escaping a Sarlaac.

Furthermore, Boba Fett, as a former bounty hunter, would be described as neither a 'good' nor 'evil character. And, if after his injuries from the Sarlaac Boba Fett decides he no longer wants to participate in the galaxy at large, Boba Fett would certainly need some sort of hobby. Why not collecting artifacts from all of the famous events he was directly impacted by?

The Jedi killed his father. He was 'killed' by a Jedi. He worked for Darth Vader. Collecting Vader's helmet as well as other force relics makes a lot of sense for someone with a huge bank account somewhere and nothing else to do after he hung up the blaster.

Plus, it was mentioned that the cyborg was codenamed in the concept art under a mandalorian name.

I think we have ourselves a key character returning.

Edit: So people have been mentioning the fact that Sadow does not look much like a New Zealander, the ethnicity of Fett. This problem is solved by the fact that Boba Fett fell into the Sarlaac, which, if I remember correctly, has digestive juices that would most likely permanently scar someone. Such as in the form of burns to the skin, completely changing their appearance (as well as the need for cybernetics). If this character is boba fett, his look, disregarding the fact that he will be a lot older as well, is going to be completely different because he fell into the Sarlaac and was gravely harmed from that ordeal."

I know the original leak guy says the script "99.99 percent ignores the EU" but this also makes sense since Fett is one of the only beings known to have ever escaped the Sarlacc. Also makes sense that it would be Fett since he's incredibly popular for what was originally kind of a bit character, as evidenced by how hard they wanted to shoehorn him into the prequels. Not sure how I feel about this, could be great if done well, or having Fett in there could be awful and corny too.
    Last edited by Famm; 12-01-2014 at 11:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    I have seen and heard dozens of fully grown men jerk off.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Famm View Post
    Check out this comment from that Reddit thread:

(If you don't want spoilers, SERIOUSLY, don't click this. If accurate it spoils probably the biggest plot reveal in the movie.)

Spoiler: 
    "I posted this in a reply to a comment but I'll flesh it out more fully in a direct reply to the post itself:

Theory regarding Max Sadow's character. Or whoever plays the cyborg hanging out with Daisy Ridley's Character.

That character is Boba Fett.

Think about it- Boba Fett supposedly died on Tatooine. He was in both the prequel trilogy as well as the original trilogy, and he is a fan favorite. If the opening act is indeed on Tatooine, then having a big reveal be that Boba Fett is still alive would be awesome, and fit with the character being created in the concept art.

Cybernetics would have been needed to survive, most likely, after escaping a Sarlaac.

Furthermore, Boba Fett, as a former bounty hunter, would be described as neither a 'good' nor 'evil character. And, if after his injuries from the Sarlaac Boba Fett decides he no longer wants to participate in the galaxy at large, Boba Fett would certainly need some sort of hobby. Why not collecting artifacts from all of the famous events he was directly impacted by?

The Jedi killed his father. He was 'killed' by a Jedi. He worked for Darth Vader. Collecting Vader's helmet as well as other force relics makes a lot of sense for someone with a huge bank account somewhere and nothing else to do after he hung up the blaster.

Plus, it was mentioned that the cyborg was codenamed in the concept art under a mandalorian name.

I think we have ourselves a key character returning.

Edit: So people have been mentioning the fact that Sadow does not look much like a New Zealander, the ethnicity of Fett. This problem is solved by the fact that Boba Fett fell into the Sarlaac, which, if I remember correctly, has digestive juices that would most likely permanently scar someone. Such as in the form of burns to the skin, completely changing their appearance (as well as the need for cybernetics). If this character is boba fett, his look, disregarding the fact that he will be a lot older as well, is going to be completely different because he fell into the Sarlaac and was gravely harmed from that ordeal."

I know the original leak guy says the script "99.99 percent ignores the EU" but this also makes sense since Fett is one of the only beings known to have ever escaped the Sarlacc. Also makes sense that it would be Fett since he's incredibly popular for what was originally kind of a bit character, as evidenced by how hard they wanted to shoehorn him into the prequels. Not sure how I feel about this, could be great if done well, or having Fett in there could be awful and corny too.
    I agree with that analysis, IF that part of the "leak" turns out to be true, it'd make sense. And be pretty cool.

Tuconots
    I aint putting trust in leaked scripts.

Spoiler: 
    Why wouldn't he just be a son if it was a fett? The movie fett was not worth a plot contrivance. i am all about the "mandalorians dying with fett"

Also 10 bucks on yoda brought back from the dead or force ghosting everywhere. For no reason but fan service.

However if Mark Hamill breaks out the "luminous beings are we" quote i will cry like a sissy fanboy.
    Its entire principle theme of being a jedi. And it's overlooked so much since empire strikes back.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnen View Post
    I agree with that analysis, IF that part of the "leak" turns out to be true, it'd make sense. And be pretty cool.
    Spoiler: 
    Also makes sense considering he's the only prequel character besides Anakin who was young enough to really be around still, other than like Luke/Leia, the droids and Chewy of course, which we already knew about for this movie anyway and we know won't be that character.
    Last edited by Famm; 12-01-2014 at 11:55 PM.

Tuconots

Spoiler: 
    Spoiler: 
    Someone in the prequels young enough to still be alive in Ep7 and on Tatootine? Only one answer: Boba Fett.

EDIT:Slow and beaten to the punch.
    Last edited by Rhinohelix; 12-02-2014 at 01:08 AM.

Tuconots
    ITT what's canon isn't canon, and what's not canon is the real agenda.

Tuconots
    If that spoilered plot is true, then holy fuck this could turn it around for Star Wars.

Tuconots
    I agree, this could turn it around for teh Star Wars.

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures Royal's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Celebrindal View Post
    Spoiler: 
    The leak mentions:

When asked whether Han dies, Spoiler Man replied that he will "not spoil the third act."
    then later states ...

Isaac is an ace pilot with the last name "Darklighter" who's been fighting the Imperial forces for years now. He's a bit of a hot shot.

He inherits the Milennium Falcon and is implied to be Kira's eventual love interest.
    That means than unless Han just gives him the Falcon for some reason, he must die at some point in the movie. If any of it is true obviously.

Also it looks like the pic of the silver "Sith trooper" posted earlier in the thread is actually an inquisitor.
    Last edited by Royal; 12-02-2014 at 01:20 PM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Spoiler: 
    The leak mentions:

then later states ...

That means than unless Han just gives him the Falcon for some reason, he must die at some point in the movie.

Also it looks like the pic of the silver "Sith trooper" is actually an inquisitor.
    Spoiler tags?

Edit: N/m you fixed

If that plot is legit I actually have hope for the new trilogy.

Tuconots

[Spoilers] Star Wars: Episode 7

spoil me
    Want to play the next big MMO with us? check out Black Desert Online

Tuconots
    If those leaks are true, I am looking forward to this movie. Those story line ideas sound perfect to what would be expected in many ways. The one spoiler line that made me smile was the description of the setting of the movie.

"The film is dystopian and darker than Empire."

I am hoping we are done with the kid puppets and the "oh how cute races". Robot cuteness is "ok" because it keeps in line with technology. I hated the Ewoks and really enjoyed the Family Guy episode that mocked that silliness. I enjoy humor. Humor allows for a moment of reprieve from the darkness of the reality. The contrast actually can work very well if done right. That being said, the dialogue might be what makes or breaks this movie.

Dear HBO:

Now that we know that Game of Thrones ends with Season 7 perhaps you guys could work on the next big thing. Could you please create the Star Wars universe with the same "Rated R" tone that Game of Thrones has? It is a shame that Disney would never go for it.

Tuconots
    Yeah, I really hope the dark tone is true. I stopped reading a bit into it, as I don't want to know all of it, assuming it's real.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    When I read that line the one name immediately came to my mind; Gary Kurtz. The producer from IV and V who disassociated himself with the franchise after Empire because he didn't think Lucas was taking the story in the right direction who later said his own preferences would have created a much darker storyline.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    If those leaks are true, I am looking forward to this movie. Those story line ideas sound perfect to what would be expected in many ways. The one spoiler line that made me smile was the description of the setting of the movie.

I am hoping we are done with the kid puppets and the "oh how cute races". Robot cuteness is "ok" because it keeps in line with technology. I hated the Ewoks and really enjoyed the Family Guy episode that mocked that silliness. I enjoy humor. Humor allows for a moment of reprieve from the darkness of the reality. The contrast actually can work very well if done right. That being said, the dialogue might be what makes or breaks this movie.

Dear HBO:

Now that we know that Game of Thrones ends with Season 7 perhaps you guys could work on the next big thing. Could you please create the Star Wars universe with the same "Rated R" tone that Game of Thrones has? It is a shame that Disney would never go for it.

I don't exactly think that is the way to go. Dark for dark is stupid. See that Superman Movie. Star Wars was "lived in" not "dark and gritty" to me.

The power structure of the empire was severed. There should have at least been a bright time, a time for the republic to consolidate power and fight the empire remnants. Even the books realized you can't kill the empire completely. Killing a fleet of star destroyers, 2 super moons, a Super Star Destroyer, and thousands upon thousands of sortie fighters and troops shouldn't be hand waved away. If there is a unknown threat...such as a dark jedi with a mask finding a source of power and starting a war, like KOTOR, I feel that would be the way to go. Not "everything is still shit because gritty"

I swear to god Watchmen and Dark Knight Returns ruins everything. Comic Book Dark and gritty, morphs into Comic Book Movie dark and gritty, morphs into High Fantasy/Space Opera Dark and Gritty.

You can be mature and not be "everything is awful omg". Your first movie can't be Empire Strikes Back..why would you want to invest your time being depressed unless you can establish that the characters are likeable and you want them to succeed? There is so much of the universe to put on the screen. KOTOR 2 has the most interesting take of any EU, because it actually talks about what the force is and how the two sides are just means to an end. The Bad Guy just wanted to spit in the face of GOD.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by radditsu View Post
    I don't exactly think that is the way to go. Dark for dark is stupid. See that Superman Movie. Star Wars was "lived in" not "dark and gritty" to me.

The power structure of the empire was severed. There should have at least been a bright time, a time for the republic to consolidate power and fight the empire remnants. Even the books realized you can't kill the empire completely. Killing a fleet of star destroyers, 2 super moons, a Super Star Destroyer, and thousands upon thousands of sortie fighters and troops shouldn't be hand waved away. If there is a unknown threat...such as a dark jedi with a mask finding a source of power and starting a war, like KOTOR, I feel that would be the way to go. Not "everything is still shit because gritty"

I swear to god Watchmen and Dark Knight Returns ruins everything. Comic Book Dark and gritty, morphs into Comic Book Movie dark and gritty, morphs into High Fantasy/Space Opera Dark and Gritty.

You can be mature and not be "everything is awful omg". Your first movie can't be Empire Strikes Back..why would you want to invest your time being depressed unless you can establish that the characters are likeable and you want them to succeed? There is so much of the universe to put on the screen. KOTOR 2 has the most interesting take of any EU, because it actually talks about what the force is and how the two sides are just means to an end. The Bad Guy just wanted to spit in the face of GOD.
    I don't think the dark/grittiness tone is because of Dark Knight type movies as much as it is a reaction to get away from the "kiddie" vibe of Episode 1-3. IMHO they went all in purposely to be so far on the other side of the spectrum to try and get back all the fans they lost (not so much lost as maybe severely disappointed).
    Not a spelling nazi
    Definitions of LOSE on the Web:
    fail to keep or to maintain; cease to have, either physically or in an abstract sense; "She lost her purse when she left it unattended on her seat"

Definitions of LOOSE on the Web:
    not restrained or confined or attached; "a pocket full of loose bills"; "knocked the ball loose"; "got loose from his attacker"

Dispair - Community - Diablo III
    Dis# 1518

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Dis View Post
    I don't think the dark/grittiness tone is because of Dark Knight type movies as much as it is a reaction to get away from the "kiddie" vibe of Episode 1-3. IMHO they went all in purposely to be so far on the other side of the spectrum to try and get back all the fans they lost (not so much lost as maybe severely disappointed).
    Yes let's just over correct until all fun is gone. I sure hope we have Coruscant bombed into glass in loving detail and Luke/Han/New Guy has to snap the bad guys neck to save a kid and his parents because there is JUST NO OTHER WAY GUYS.

The prequels were kiddie and a boring, this is true. "Dark" and boring isn't the way to go until characters and stakes are established. You can't tell me that in one movie, you will establish and reestablish... luke, han, chewie, leia, c3po, R2D2, dark jedi dude, new kids, possible Bobba Feets ( Everyone Character (Sucks at His Job) - YouTube ), black stormtrooper guy, the wedge antilles looking fucker, the rolling soccer ball droid, and what the FUCK is up with that chocolate bar speeder.

Good thing, JJ Abrams has a track record for doing this...by reducing characters to the boldest of caricatures and relying on nostalgia to fill in the blanks. I expect Luke to be super stoic, Han to Smile at the camera like Jim from the office, Leia to be a bigger take charge bitch, and the new people to act like cardboard because there will be no previously established character for them to mock. Billy Dee and the Sullustan guy will probably show up at some point and give the new hero guy a ship to get back into the fight after he gets dropped on hoth by the millennium falcon.

But I am going to love some space splosions.

Tuconots
    When i read "this movie will have a darker tone" i always remember revenge of the sith "uhhhh let's make it darker because people demand it".

Bobba fett being alive....why? First it's impossible (sarlaac killed him, end of story), second: yeah he is cool and all and lucas only realized how famous he became after jedi but ffs leave that way. Don't force us to like him. Just create another cool character (or maybe an unexpected character will emerge and becomes awesome).
    A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping over the Earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust... retaliation.

Hollywood is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until everything you love is dead.

Tuconots
    I didn't take the possibilities surrounding Fett's survival as detailed in the spoiler to necessarily mean that he'll be redeemed to the point of being a sympathetic character. It's entirely possible for him to, even as a shell of his former self, find a way to go down in infamy. If Han is indeed killed, he could be the one who does the deed.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by ohkcrlho View Post
    When i read "this movie will have a darker tone" i always remember revenge of the sith "uhhhh let's make it darker because people demand it".

Bobba fett being alive....why? First it's impossible (sarlaac killed him, end of story), second: yeah he is cool and all and lucas only realized how famous he became after jedi but ffs leave that way. Don't force us to like him. Just create another cool character (or maybe an unexpected character will emerge and becomes awesome).
    Fett has been alive in EU for a long time. It's a tiny stretch ya but you never see a body in ROTJ and how hard is it to believe that the guy in full armor with a ton of explosives managed to kill and escape the sarlaac?

Overuse of stupid force ghosts is going to be way more annoying and you know they will do that.

Also ROTS sucked because the writing was terrible, not because they tried to make it darker. The original trilogy was actually pretty dark for movies of the time I think, lots of bad gruesome shit happened in ANH and Empire after all, way way more than happened in the first prequels. And ROTJ would have been better had Lucas not intentionally made it less dark, so I don't know how you can not like a darker theme especially if they handle it well.

Tuconots
    count me in as a thumbs up on the new script, sounds good to me... entertaining for sure.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Creslin View Post
    Fett has been alive in EU for a long time. It's a tiny stretch ya but you never see a body in ROTJ and how hard is it to believe that the guy in full armor with a ton of explosives managed to kill and escape the sarlaac?

Overuse of stupid force ghosts is going to be way more annoying and you know they will do that.

Also ROTS sucked because the writing was terrible, not because they tried to make it darker. The original trilogy was actually pretty dark for movies of the time I think, lots of bad gruesome shit happened in ANH and Empire after all, way way more than happened in the first prequels. And ROTJ would have been better had Lucas not intentionally made it less dark, so I don't know how you can not like a darker theme especially if they handle it well.
    They will only make some out of the blue escape by Boba Fett because he is now a cool character and everyone wanted to see more from him (at least a more "honorable" death). But i think they should leave him dead because IF he returns, maybe they will use him in a way people will dislike and then "oh they destroyed his character blablabla".
    I like BF but he had his purpose and he died PERIOD

I agree with you. Again with the ghosts saying what the character should do or think is overused.

ROTS sucked because it was almost 100% Lucas' work and we know he sucks at writing.
    The original were dark, gritty, dirty because that was to explain how things were when the empire ruled that galaxy, to show desperation, broken spirits, broken things, broken societies.
    In ROTS they really tried to make it more dark because "er uh uh now anakin is bad derp derp" but....the writing was so bad, that it was like the shoved through our throats "see?see? he kills younglings (LOL) and other jedis. he's evil buahahah" *facepalm*

edit: younglings XD
    Last edited by ohkcrlho; 12-02-2014 at 04:46 PM.
    A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping over the Earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust... retaliation.

Hollywood is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until everything you love is dead.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Creslin View Post
    The original trilogy was actually pretty dark for movies of the time I think, lots of bad gruesome shit happened in ANH and Empire after all
    He didn't even ask me any questions!

The first two had their dark parts.

Tuconots
    There's a fine line between "fan service" and utterly ruining something that was, at one time, cool. I don't mind mentions of stuff, but if they try and make a little wink and smile every couple minutes to shit from previous movies, it will suck. I like the fact that the leads are both "new" and relatively unknown actors. I hope they introduce more new stuff than try and tie in old shit just for the sake of "old stuff".

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Soygen View Post
    There's a fine line between "fan service" and utterly ruining something that was, at one time, cool. I don't mind mentions of stuff, but if they try and make a little wink and smile every couple minutes to shit from previous movies, it will suck. I like the fact that the leads are both "new" and relatively unknown actors. I hope they introduce more new stuff than try and tie in old shit just for the sake of "old stuff".
    THAT is a great point. So many directors don't understand this....i mean they do, it's because they know their product will suck and know if they show to the fans "oh remember this?!!!1111!!!!", think people will like it due to references.
    Just show how some movies will never live up to previous' ones and they (directors) don't even try to contradict that.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Spoiler: 
    The leak mentions:

then later states ...

That means than unless Han just gives him the Falcon for some reason, he must die at some point in the movie. If any of it is true obviously.

Also it looks like the pic of the silver "Sith trooper" posted earlier in the thread is actually an inquisitor.
    Assuming any of the shit from the 4chan thread is true -- I wonder if they're drawing a little from the EU with Gavin Darklighter? Biggs younger cousin and fairly prominent character in the X-Wing series of books.

Tuconots
    We all know the story that Ford wanted Han to die in Jedi. Maybe JJ gave him his wish. He just might not want to hang around for another 2 more movies as some sort of obligation. But he felt enough obligation to the character, the fans, and the SW universe to give it one last college try.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickStar View Post
    We all know the story that Ford wanted Han to die in Jedi. Maybe JJ gave him his wish. He just might not want to hang around for another 2 more movies as some sort of obligation. But he felt enough obligation to the character, the fans, and the SW universe to give it one last college try.
    They just need to give him a good line about how he should have died a long time ago as amjab at Lucas, that's the fan service that I like.

Tuconots
    My only gripe, as has been stated by others, is how is Luke's hand on tatooine, how has it not decomposed, and how is it still holding a lightsaber?

The other things could be very interesting but I'm just stuck on that plotpoint

Tuconots
    I know Luke's hand floating in space clutching the light saber was a rumor that predates the spoiler, but only his light saber was mentioned in that leak.

Tuconots
    From the spoiler, it sounds like the cyborg guy (Fett?) brought the saber to Tatooine.

Tuconots
    Weird... I swear I read that Kira and black trooper found Luke's hand and saber on tatooine. But it doesn't. Weird

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy View Post
    From the spoiler, it sounds like the cyborg guy (Fett?) brought the saber to Tatooine.
    Yeah, that would make sense

Tuconots
    I assumed that was his cybernetic hand that was chopped off. Also by conjecture of the "leaked" spoilers, why not retreat to your childhood home world at sometime if your control of the force is going batshit crazy? Maybe he went back and had night time fireside chats with Obi Wan's ghost about the force?

Edit: Or that ^

Tuconots
    I assumed that was his cybernetic hand that was chopped off. Also by conjecture of the "leaked" spoilers, why not retreat to your childhood home world at sometime if your control of the force is going batshit crazy? Maybe he went back and had night time fireside chats with Obi Wan's ghost about the force?

Edit: Or that ^
    While it is possible Luke returned to Tatooine after ROTJ, he no longer had his old LS; it was lost when his hand was chopped off. He only has his green one, which, according to the leak, he still has.

Tuconots
    I assumed that was his cybernetic hand that was chopped off.
    It was the hand Vader removed at Bespin. The one the cybernetic hand replaced.

Tuconots
    Ahhhh! Wrong hand then. Well it must have been the mitochlowhatever that prevented decomposition or fuck it. Star Wars!

Tuconots
    There's nothing to say that Luke's blue saber wasn't found in the trash heap of Cloud City and that Sydow's character picked it up during his travels.

Tuconots
    It would actually make more sense, if you can call it that, for Vader's hand to have been recovered floating in space. The one Luke cut off on the second Death Star.

MAKE EARTH EXTINCT AGAIN! Abefroman's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by moontayle View Post
    There's nothing to say that Luke's blue saber wasn't found in the trash heap of Cloud City and that Sydow's character picked it up during his travels.
    I hope that is the case. Luke's hand floating in space with a lightsaber is just too much for me to let go. I don't want the hand mentioned at fucking all, just make up something plausible on how he found the lightsaber.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleface
    Marriage is the best, I love having sex with my husband and giving him BJ's when I'm on my period

Tuconots
    I'm just working on the assumption that everything involving anyone's severed hand being directly relevant to the plot of the movie whose teaser trailer we just saw is complete bullshit. The Force is awakening because we found some dudes hand? NOPE! Not gonna believe it at all. The 4chan spoiler though sounds almost too good to be true. Hell if that ends up being the plot I might just keel over.
    Last edited by Qhue; 12-02-2014 at 09:23 PM.

Tuconots
    Yeah, call me skeptically optimistic about the leak. There seems to be enough call backs to the other movies without being run by them. It has its own plot that's connected, but not mandated, if that makes sense.

Tuconots
    Max Von Sydow is the emperor.

Tuconots
    When they say "dark and gritty" I assume that means in relation to the prequels. This shit is still going to be PG probably so don't expect The Dark Knight, much less anything truly disturbing.

Tuconots
    Is this 4chan the same guy that leaked the J Law pics?!

Jk

Looks cool. Hey man, ever watch Star Wars? Cool movie. Hey ...you ever watch Star Wars, on weed! !!!

This will be awesommmme

Tuconots
    When they say "dark and gritty" I assume that means in relation to the prequels. This shit is still going to be PG probably so don't expect The Dark Knight, much less anything truly disturbing.
    My money is on pg13

Tuconots
    Still, I just think there's some geeks who hear "dark and gritty" and get wildly unrealistic expectations for what will still be a Star Wars movie, not the force meets Event Horizon.

Tuconots
    Still, I just think there's some geeks who hear "dark and gritty" and get wildly unrealistic expectations for what will still be a Star Wars movie, not the force meets Event Horizon.
    I'd be cool with the movie being dark and gritty as empire strikes back, ect. I don't want to think main characters are invincible. Hell, they really should kill off some han solo and princess in this episode.

Mark hammil is awesome tho. Keep him around, or done. GO FULL OUT GAME OF THRONES FUCK YEAAAAAA.

I wonder if Georgie RR would write a script if they let him. I bet he would

Tuconots
    I'm calling it now, Luke dies in episode eight. Sort of like how Yoda was an elder jedi teacher in his first appearance then dies in his second movie.

Leia IDK, I'm more worried about her than the rest. I think Ford and Hamill can pull off aged versions of their characters well enough, I'm not sure how they use Leia in this thing at all and I don't have much faith in Fisher. I'm really hoping that they are all more tangents than a big part of the main plot, sounds so far like the are integral but not the primary protagonists.

I'm least worried about Luke, I think Hamill will make a great older jedi master. I just hope they use all three of them as transitional and let the focus move to a new story. Really seems like that's the case which is smart, trying to use the old cast as main characters would have sucked.
    Last edited by Famm; 12-03-2014 at 12:47 AM.

Tuconots
    Leia has taken over the Hutt cartels and rules Nar Shaada with an iron fist and zero Jedi capability whatsoever.

Tuconots
    It also makes sense to kill them off because its risky to assume the actors will live for all three movies. Ford especially but who knows about Fisher's health too. Hamill is still reasonably young, and Fisher even younger so they seem the safer bets to keep around for a second film. If one of the actors died between movies they would probably resort to some really awkward writing to deal with it the next time around.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhue View Post
    Leia has taken over the Hutt cartels and rules Nar Shaada with an iron fist and zero Jedi capability whatsoever.

dressed like this?

Tuconots
    I'm calling it now, Luke dies in episode eight. Sort of like how Yoda was an elder jedi teacher in his first appearance then dies in his second movie.

Leia IDK, I'm more worried about her than the rest. I think Ford and Hamill can pull off aged versions of their characters well enough, I'm not sure how they use Leia in this thing at all and I don't have much faith in Fisher. I'm really hoping that they are all more tangents than a big part of the main plot, sounds so far like the are integral but not the primary protagonists.

I'm least worried about Luke, I think Hamill will make a great older jedi master. I just hope they use all three of them as transitional and let the focus move to a new story. Really seems like that's the case which is smart, trying to use the old cast as main characters would have sucked.
    Leia at least makes sense as being the leader of the Republic. Well, about as much sense as Star Wars politics has had in the movies.

Tuconots
    Just don't make her wear hats quite as stupid as natpo's and we're good.

Tuconots
    I dunno, I hope Luke doesn't die. I think the 'old wise Jedi biting the dust' is too much of a trope now. He can't do backflips and outrun anyone anymore, just means he needs to be sidelined as an action hero, not killed off as yet-another-changing-of-the-guard.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Mist View Post
    Leia at least makes sense as being the leader of the Republic. Well, about as much sense as Star Wars politics has had in the movies.
    True enough. I'm more concerned about Fisher's mental and physical state for acting purposes than the character I guess.

Tuconots
    How hard is to play a fictional politician? They're all fake lying pompous asses anyway.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Palum View Post
    I dunno, I hope Luke doesn't die. I think the 'old wise Jedi biting the dust' is too much of a trope now. He can't do backflips and outrun anyone anymore, just means he needs to be sidelined as an action hero, not killed off as yet-another-changing-of-the-guard.
    Luke has to either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain imo. I could totally see him becoming a villain at least an anti-villain if done right. He would have the power to bring order to the galaxy, but at what cost? Risk becoming like Vader or Palpatine? The Jedi were always supposed to be peacekeepers but never rulers. I think that's why he'd be hiding rather than having an active role in the affairs of the Republic.
    Last edited by Mist; 12-03-2014 at 03:33 AM.

Tuconots
    IIRC, in the books, Luke strays to the dark side numerous times. He lives for quite a while, though.

Tuconots
    Yeah in the books there's that whole Mara Jade thing thats definitely not going to be in the movies.

Make America's Team great again Hoss's Avatar
    Tuconots
    So where are the supposed spoilers? At this point there are only a handful of people who could possibly spoil anything. So which one of you dicklickers is working on the movie?
    #TrumpLovesPecker
    #HillaryDidNothingWrong

Tuconots
    maybe start on page 1

Tuconots
    I think Luke should end kinda like Ezio in Assassins Creed Revelations, maybe in Ep VIII.

Tuconots
    It's been awhile since I really got into all the different books and such but was there not a comic that showed Boba Fett rising out of the sand? Also, isn't Darth Maul alive with robotic legs? I think i've also seen a group (may have been Han/Leia's children) that found 100's of Emperor clones. Their children are also the ones that had to reason with Luke on a couple of occasion due to his move to the Dark Side.

I looked around last night try to find the references of all of these faint images in my mind but really couldn't find anything that matches. I'll try again after work...
    [D3] Muligan#1208 - View My Profile
    [EQII] Muligan Van'Jurai - Templar - Nagafen & Antonia Bayle (retired)
    [EQ] Muligan Van'Jurai - Dark Elf Cleric - Lanys T'vyl (retired)

Tuconots
    According to clone wars, Darth maul is alive prior to the jedi purge. Whether or not he made it that far or past it is anyone's guess.

From what I remember, Luke became the emperor clone's apprentice in order to take him down from the inside, but he had to give himself to thr dark side to pull it off. Pretty sure he struggled with that for a while.

Fett survived the sarlacc due to his armor and explosives that he had with him. But he was pretty messed up for a while afterwards. Pretty sure he made a full recovery though

Don't know about the solo's finding the clones, but it sounds familiar.
    Last edited by j00t; 12-03-2014 at 01:22 PM.

Tuconots
    Yeah I can recall having seen stuff related to comics showing Boba Fett emerging alive from the Sarlacc.

Spoiler for size:
    Spoiler: 

Tuconots
    the whole light side dark side thing is always kinda ehhh... its what you do with it... as always the jedi are like "oh balance!" but balance is 50% one side and 50% on the other...duh, vader did do that! but jedi are dumb... luke technically stepped into the dark side for a moment while fighting and then cutting off vaders hand.

I thought somewhere it was mentioned that you had to have some force sensitivity to handle light sabers- this was from like a long time ago... and why normal people back in the day used the special swords rather than light sabers.

If the robo dude is the emperor it would be cool but dumb at the same time.

Make America's Team great again Hoss's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Arakkis View Post
    maybe start on page 1
    I did. I didn't notice anyone pointing out who was actually working on the film versus the ones that were masturbatory fanfic. I also don't click external links, so if it was said on one of those lesser sites, that would be why I missed it.
    #TrumpLovesPecker
    #HillaryDidNothingWrong

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    I did. I didn't notice anyone pointing out who was actually working on the film versus the ones that were masturbatory fanfic. I also don't click external links, so if it was said on one of those lesser sites, that would be why I missed it.
    Well this is what you missed then.

Last night (November 30th) an enigmatic character called "Spoiler Man" took to 4chan boards claiming to be an employee of Lucasfilm, and answered some general questions about Episode VII.
    Before reading, keep in mind that there is no substantial proof that this person is who they say they are, so take their information with a massive grain of salt. With that being said, based on what we know, this information is plausible if not likely -- and indicative of a good film. The brief teaser confirmed the validity of the leaked concept art from a few weeks back (http://imgur.com/a/uRMnN[2] ) and everything this "Spoiler Man" says corroborates it as well.
    Read on at your own risk.

• The film is dystopian and darker than Empire. Some 30-40 years have passed since Return of the Jedi, and the Empire and New Republic have been locked in a war of attrition. Everyone is languishing and sick of the war. The script, which is described as "too good for JJ Abrams", begins in space, above a desert planet -- presumably Tatooine.
    • The opening crawl details the ongoing turmoil in the galaxy. How the fall of the Emperor left a void of power, and how the heroes of Endor went into seclusion or kept fighting.
    • The current state of the war is described as being similar to the European theater of 1944, with the Empire being Germany and the Republic being the Allies. The Republic has finally taken the upper hand.
    • John Boyega[3] and Daisy Ridley[4] are the male and female leads.
    • Boyega is a force-sensitive Stormtrooper under command of Gwendoline Christie[5] 's character. He defects from the Empire over the course of the movie, ending up stranded on a desert planet (presumed to be Tatooine) during the first act. Having defied orders, Boyega is hunted as a deserter.

TIE fighter wreckage; possibly Boyega's: http://i.imgur.com/bhTMPuT.jpg[6]

• Gwendoline Christie portrays an Inquisitor. The Inquisitors are a group of lightsaber wielding individuals that may or may not be force sensitive and head up the Imperial Remnant. Inquisitors aren't Sith, but they are not Jedi either; they are hounds used to track down force sensitives, and they are implied to have assisted Vader's cleansing.

Christie's Inquisitor: http://i.imgur.com/JhrbuBy.jpg[7]
    Inquisitor's lightsaber: http://i.imgur.com/cKiSO9B.jpg[8]

• Daisy plays Kira, a character living on Tatooine with Max Von Sydow[9] 's character. Kira is a dusty survivalist tomboy. Sydow is a broken man from the prequel area that has become mostly cyborg. He is not force sensitive and for some reason collects artifacts that we've seen at critical points during the previous films, particularly ones relating to the Jedi and the Sith. Daisy shares his fascination with history, and she is revealed in Act II to be the daughter of Han and Leia. As someone with force sensitivity, she resents the fact that Luke went into exile before he could train her, and she hopes that the search for force-sensitive artifacts could lead her to him. She keeps her identity as a Solo under wraps in order to keep trouble away.

Sydow's character examining Vader's helmet: http://i.imgur.com/hjVHT65.jpg[10] ; http://i.imgur.com/HAzlSnK.jpg[11]
    Sydow's character with Kira: http://i.imgur.com/pInbshX.jpg[12]

• Sydow is a sort of mentor to Kira, and apparently his true identity is an Act III revelation that will surprise a lot of people. The contention is that he is an existing character from the prequel films, and the revelation of his identity will shock viewers.
    • Sydow's character is "not overtly" a villain, but has some sort of Sith connection.
    • Sydow's "hideout" is a downed AT-AT. Relics of the war are everywhere in the film; there is a real feeling that the entire galaxy is sick of the deadlock.

AT-AT: http://i.imgur.com/cm8eBZS.jpg[13] ; http://i.imgur.com/FIxykNK.jpg[14] ; http://i.imgur.com/LqlrmBZ.jpg[15]

• The blue lightsaber in the above picture is apparently the same one Luke lost on Bespin in Empire. The one holding it is Boyega's character (he wasn't necessarily conceived as black).
    • The ball droid[16] from the trailer belongs to Kira.
    • On the desert planet (again, presumably Tatooine) Boyega meets up with Daisy and Sydow. At the end of the first act, Han Solo and Chewbacca take them all off planet in the Millennium Falcon. Shortly afterward, we learn that "Kira" is Han and Leia's daughter. Again, she keeps her identity secret to avoid unwanted trouble.
    • Kira's revelation dumbfounds Boyega and "other people."
    • Chewbacca's life debt extends to Han's whole family, and he is now sporting a robotic arm.

Chewbacca: http://i.imgur.com/7TGADrf.jpg[17]

• Han takes a liking to Boyega. Throughout the film he is in love with Boyega's decision to defy orders and ruin his career in the Imperial military. Han vouches for Boyega, having gone through something similar in his youth.
    • At some point, Han says the familiar "Hey, it's me!" line. Someone, of course, says the classic "I have a bad feeling about this." These are said to be the only self-referential "smile while rolling your eyes" lines of the film.
    • When asked whether Han dies, Spoiler Man replied that he will "not spoil the third act." This in and of itself does not reveal anything, but rather comes off as Spoiler Man being audacious, because answering the question is such a way would spoil the third act, if it were true.
    • Lando's Sullustan co-pilot from Return of the Jedi, Nien Nunb[18] , makes a humorous appearance.
    • Lando is in the script and has apparently become famous.
    • Luke Skywalker has secluded himself from the galaxy, training only a handful of students since his exile. He fears for his future; as he comes closer to Yoda levels of power, he becomes more and more secluded. There are no Jedi in the open, but rumors persist that Luke has trained a few since the events of Endor.
    • Luke first appears in Act II la Obi Wan dropping his hood in A New Hope. He survives the movie.
    • Boyega and Daisy become Luke's new apprentices.
    • Lupita Nyong'o[19] is Luke's current apprentice, and Boyega's eventual love interest.
    • Luke exiled himself because of the ongoing war. With the galaxy in chaos, he had to ensure his safety so that a new generation could be trained. At least, that's his contention; the fact that he continues to exclude himself despite his great power indicates ulterior motive.

Luke's rumored location: http://i.imgur.com/N4iJjMm.jpg[20]

• Only Han and Leia know where Luke is, a fact we learn aboard a Mon Cal cruiser in the film's second act.
    • Luke has grown to dislike using his lightsaber, but apparently draws it late in the movie and showcases his abilities against an Inquisitor. It's still green.
    • Luke speaks to Yoda's force ghost in the film.
    • Luke has a reveal in the film which, apparently, is stunning.
    • Leia is the leader of the New Republic. R2D2 and C3PO are with her during the film.
    • R2D2 and C3PO are the only comic relief characters in the film.
    • Carrie Fischer's real life daughter, Billie Lourd[21] , plays Leia in a flashback sequence. Darth Vader appears in this flashback as well, which apparently takes place on Endor.
    • Yavin is in the film, presumably as the Republic's base of operations.

Presumably Yavin: http://i.imgur.com/dBHibXF.jpg[22] ; http://i.imgur.com/blKc7tO.jpg[23] ; http://i.imgur.com/tN2vpt3.jpg[24]

• The Republic is building a super weapon on a Scandanavian-esque cold and forsaken forest world. Its ultimate purpose is unknown.
    • The Han Solo archetype is split between Oscar Isaac[25] and Domhnall Gleeson[26] .
    • Isaac is an ace pilot with the last name "Darklighter" who's been fighting the Imperial forces for years now. He's a bit of a hot shot.
    • He inherits the Milennium Falcon and is implied to be Kira's eventual love interest.
    • Domhnall Gleeson plays a scoundrel of sorts.
    • Adam Driver[27] 's character is an ambitious, force-sensitive pilot who falls to the dark side.
    • He is described as having a transformation that "only begins" in Episode VII.
    • He builds his own lightsaber (the one we see in the trailer). It's referred to as a "junk" lightsaber, which is why it looks different from that which we are familiar with.
    • The decision to give his initial lightsaber a cross-guard was apparently made wholly by the art department.
    • The lightsaber battles are written by Kasdan to be minimalistic and powerful.
    • Driver wears a mask because half of his face is cyborg.
    • He goes looking for Andy Serkis[28] ' character on the aforementioned Scandanavian-esque forest world, as we see in the teaser.

Driver's character: http://imageserver.moviepilot.com/si...960&height=960[29]

• Andy Serkis is some kind of alien Sith exempt from the Rule of Two. He is implied to have existed for a long time, be very powerful, and is the speaker in the teaser.
    • Serkis is implied to have trained or used Palpatine for some obscure purpose.
    • Adam Driver receives or builds a new lightsaber after meeting with Serkis.
    • The Sith are not aligned with the Empire.
    • Serkis' goals differ from Palpatine's.
    • Serkis does not play or replace Darth Plagueis.
    • 99.9% of the EU is disregarded.
    • There's very much a sense of the old characters "passing the torch" to the newer characters.
    • John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac, Domhnall Gleeson, Lupita Nyong'o, Chewbacca, and the droids (presumably Sydow's character and Kira's ball droid) are the new "big 6". Adam Driver and Andy Serkis are Sith and Gwendoline Christie is an Imperial. Characters we still have no knowledge of are those played by Crystal Clarke[30] , Pip Anderson[31] , Christina Chong[32] , Miltos Yerolemou[33] , Greg Grunberg[34] , and Warwick Davis[35] .

Tuconots
    Part II

Spoiler Man, the same individual that "leaked" an abundance of information on November 30th, has returned and answered more questions. His trip code is the same so there's no denying that this person has the same identity as the one who posted two nights ago. Again, it's all plausible if not likely. I've gathered up the new information for you guys below. Read on at your own risk.

• The premise of the film is that the Force has become stronger and more potent. There is a great tremor in the Force early in the film; those familiar with the Force feel as if its fundamental nature has somehow changed, while previously oblivious Force-sensitive individuals suddenly realize that they have a gift. This creates a great dichotomy of where to go, because neither Luke nor the antagonists are ready for this new liberation of awareness.
    • Following the repression of the Empire and the Jedi purge, the Force is finally manifesting itself in more people who have the capacity to use it. In this context, it appears as if the Force wants to be used.

John Boyega, Luke Skywalker, and Daisy Ridley

• Boyega is, for all intents and purposes, the “new Luke Skywalker” (with a touch of Han Solo thrown in). He realizes he’s Force-sensitive when he feels the aforementioned tremor.
    • Boyega is an orphan.
    • Boyega, Daisy, and Driver are all weak in terms of the Force throughout the film.
    • Luke has trained seven Jedi since Endor, two of whom surface in the third act. It is unknown whether Lupita Nyong’o’s character is included in this distinction.
    • In terms of character nature, Luke is like Yoda’s successor.
    • No mention is made of Luke having a child.
    • Palpatine is referenced a couple of times, particularly regarding his role and the decisions he made during Luke’s temptation and resistance in Return of the Jedi.
    • Luke went into seclusion following an event post-Endor that has caused him to become hesitant when using his power to its full extent. He’s not really hiding, but rather hoping to keep attention off of his activities.
    • People think Luke is a bit of a kook given his 20 year absence, but he is said to have a purpose and plan behind his decisions. He’s a bit of an urban legend by the time the film starts.
    • Luke has come to the conclusion that the Jedi are not meant to be an open, quasi-police force like they were in the prequels. He has a close connection to the living Force, and he believes balance must be maintained through a lack of interference in the mundane conflicts of the galaxy. Luke’s contention is that the Jedi, while still needing to promote peace, order, and harmony, cannot actively become servants for any government – including the Republic. Past events and the demise of the old order are said to have taught him that.
    • He is also said to be in contact with Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon in addition to Yoda.
    • Luke does not die, turn evil, or go crazy.
    • Daisy Ridley’s character, "Kira", has been raised incognito to both keep her safe from Inquisitors and from traitors within the Republic.
    • She inherits Luke’s original blue lightsaber in the first act of the film.
    • Luke’s lightsaber is said to be one of the things that sets the entire film into motion.

Han, Leia, Oscar Isaac, and Domhnall Gleeson

• Leia has been the Republic leader for some 30 years.
    • Han and Leia are married.
    • Han does not die in the film. With that being said, his death is apparently being planned for Episode VIII. I would remind you all, however, that his death was also planned for Episode VI.
    • The Falcon has been retrofitted by Solo and it is implied that he has had a couple of adventures these past 30 odd years, with and without Leia.
    • The X-Wings in the trailer are on Yavin.
    • There are Blue, Red, and Gold fighter squadrons in the film.
    • Oscar Isaac’s character, "Darklighter", is stationed on Yavin. He is the leader of Blue Squadron.
    • Han calls Isaac’s character “kid”, much to his annoyance.
    • Domhnall Gleeson’s character is an Imperial officer who defects to the Republic. He is described as a “wingman” that joins the core cadre of good guys.

Adam Driver, Andy Serkis, Max Von Sydow, and Boba Fett

• Adam Driver’s character is the leader of Red Squadron. He is a hot shot with dreams of grandeur, and has an ominous fascination with power and the Sith. He collects items relating to their order and has a close relationship with a past character who may or may not have fallen to the Dark Side.
    • The hilt on the lightsaber he builds (the one from the trailer) is said to not function as a crossguard.
    • Driver is largely untrained in the Force as of Episode VII.
    • Andy Serkis’ species is one we have never seen before.
    • Serkis’ machinations and outlook are very different from Palpatine’s. He believes the Rule of Two is a foolish edict and considers Palpatine as having made a couple of mistakes.
    • We will learn who trained Serkis in the third act.
    • Serkis is described as “legit”, and a “worthy foe to [Luke]”.
    • Max Von Sydow’s character is not Boba Fett, Darth Maul, or Mace Windu.
    • While Sydow’s identity is a surprise, it’s not necessarily earth-shattering. It’s the sort of thing that hardcore fans would be excited about, but overly casual fans likely won’t realize the significance of. Sydow’s identity does have meaning, but you need to know the context.
    • Boba Fett does appear, albeit very briefly.

The Expanded Universe

• While the EU is disregarded whenever it interferes with the story trying to be told, apparently a few elements from the Del Rey / Bantam books have become legitimate. For example, Boba Fett’s short story in Tales from Jabba’s Palace is assumed to be how he escaped.
    • No EU characters are used.
    • Darth Revan is not in the film, and the mask that Adam Driver’s character wears did not belong to him.

Planets

• The Scandanavian esque planet is called Sullarn (as of the film's second draft), and it exists mostly in the film’s third act.
    • The planets visited in the film are Tatooine, Yavin, Coruscant, Sullarn, and a final fifth planet from the third act.
    • Tatooine is only seen in the first act (the Cantina and Garindan[2] make appearances) and Coruscant is seen very briefly. Two parallel storylines converge on Sullarn, where the film’s climax takes place.
    • Sullarn is said to be like Taiga at its best, and the arctic at its worst.

General Information

• There are many visual throwbacks to the prequel trilogy. A lot of conventional props, masks, and prosthetics will be used.
    • There is no kissing in the movie, no blood, no Benedict Cumberbatch, no Watto, and no black antagonists.
    • “I am your father” esque twists are trying to be saved/concocted for Episode VIII.
    • Rebels will have connections to Episode VII, particularly regarding the Inquisitors. Disney has dictated the deep and thorough implementation of the Inquisitors into the Rebels storyline.
    • There are three lightsaber battles in the film. Two of the three illustrate the vast skill gap between the combatants, and the third is “magnificent”, “heavy hitting”, and “original-trilogy styled”.
    • The Empire is said to become more of a secondary foe as the new trilogy progresses.
    • The film is apparently on par (quality wise) with Episode IV.
    • Spoiler Man claims to have seen the script and some raw footage/dailies. He has great respect for Kasdan.
    • He contends that everything he says will be “95% correct”, but also that Disney and Lucasfilm are actively leaking fake information to spin things different ways and throw people off. In February, the influx of information both true and false will result in apparent contradictions.
    • Ali Arikan[3] is said to be one of the mouthpieces for the fake spins.
    • Spoiler Man’s last message is that we “don’t fall to the spin machine”.

Make of this what you will. Also bear in mind that Spoiler Man's contention that the trailer will release on May 1st has, as of December 2nd, been proven true. See the context links below for more info.
    The source (part 1): http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/51051918[4]
    The source (part 2): http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/5111798[5]
    The leaked concept art: http://imgur.com/a/uRMnN[6]

Tuconots
    I didn't see that extra stuff about sydow not being fett. It pointedly avoided saying he was palpatine, but also said he wasn't force sensitive... So again raises the question of who he is. Did palpatine lose his connection to the force? Could explain why he collects Jedi and sith artifacts as he's trying to regain his connection...

Or maybe it really is jarjar... Oh God...

Tuconots
    The Sydow as Fett theory is just fan discussion down in the responses section. The person that initiated the discussion made a well reasoned case.

edit: nvm, I just re-read the initial spoiler. I see what you're talking about now. That part is new.
    Last edited by Royal; 12-03-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by j00t View Post
    I didn't see that extra stuff about sydow not being fett. It pointedly avoided saying he was palpatine, but also said he wasn't force sensitive... So again raises the question of who he is. Did palpatine lose his connection to the force? Could explain why he collects Jedi and sith artifacts as he's trying to regain his connection...

Or maybe it really is jarjar... Oh God...
    I think that it could be possible his clones could have a chance to or to not be force sensitive. What if it is Darth Maul? I'm not sure I would get too hung up on force sensitive vs non-force sensitive characters as i'm sure they could easily lose or give up their connection out of whatever emotion.

Adds to the curiosity thought as a lot of what he said and the concept art aligns with the trailer.

This could spark my interest back into Star Wars a bit but there will always be Ep. 1-3

Poor Communication Skills bixxby's Avatar
    Tuconots
    joe biden's force ghost
    Battle.net:Bixxby#1897 | Steam: Bixxby | Destiny / PS4: BixxbyZzz

Tuconots
    The whole thing with Sydow's character ... I dunno. I'm not a hardcore fan, as Star Wars fandom goes. From the prequels, Sith related, not force sensitive, something of grey character ... beats me.

Tuconots
    General Grievous is the best I can come up with and that doesn't make much sense on any level.

Tuconots
    Yeah, I mean there are PLENTY of characters that it could be based on those criteria. But then you add the part where hardcore fans would be excited and it goes out the window. Could be kitster... But who cares about him? Could be some random imperial, but who cares?

Now, if they are talking about clone wars characters it changes things... Though he'd apparently have to recognize Luke's saber... So... Dunno. Lando? Biggs? Wedge?

Tuconots
    Hmm... who could it be...

Tuconots
    I thought that, but if he survived he'd be with the empire

Tuconots
    Could it be one of the Sith characters that were only mentioned in the prequels who perhaps had a clone of themselves made to test the abilities of the cloners (whatever they were called)?

Tuconots
    That doesn't sound familiar... Who?

Tuconots
    Are you talking about sifo dyas? He's dead. Very dead.

Tuconots
    I always took it as just another pronunciation of sidiious or well.. emp palpy... or one of his fake IDs

Tuconots
    Yeah I was wondering if Sydow might be a clone. A clone can't be force sensitive can they (I think I remember that having been mentioned someplace)? A clone wouldn't necessarily have the same world view as the original.

Tuconots
    Why do they mention Sydow's character as being Sith related from the prequels and not Sith related from the originals?
    "Let go your earthly tether. Enter the void. Empty, and become wind."
    -Zaheer
    B.Net: TJT#1179

Tuconots
    It originally was, I think someone mispronounced his name in production and Lucas changed him to be his own character. Sifo dyas was experimented on by sidious and plageous in the EU; brought to the brink then nursed back health repeatedly. Plageous wanted to gain eternal life from him, but it didn't work. He put him on ice for like 10 years but then palpatine killed him. I think I have that right... Might have plageous and palpatine reversed, but either way he was a real character and died long before a new hope

Tuconots
    Maybe Mace Windu? He just lost an arm and was sucked out a window right? I say this half jokingly just to join in the speculation...

Tuconots
    The leaker said it wasn't mace

Tuconots
    van Sydow is an old white dude. I know he'll probably look fucked up judging from the concept art, but come on, lets narrow our focus. They aren't going to CGI blackface him.

Tuconots
    collecting sith relics sounds a lot like the emp when he was younger... according to the wiki I just spend half the day reading because of siho dias or whatever the hell that random throw away fit him somehow into the story guy is... basically he was like "bad stuff is ganna happen" jedi was like "nah" he was like "okay ima go with thids dude who gave me monies to set up clones" *before they decided to clone jango..apparently...again EU timelines suck... he was dookoos bud and the "test kill" to become a darth, but dookoo kept his body frozen and used his blood to help create gen grevious.

Tuconots
    It originally was, I think someone mispronounced his name in production and Lucas changed him to be his own character. Sifo dyas was experimented on by sidious and plageous in the EU; brought to the brink then nursed back health repeatedly. Plageous wanted to gain eternal life from him, but it didn't work. He put him on ice for like 10 years but then palpatine killed him. I think I have that right... Might have plageous and palpatine reversed, but either way he was a real character and died long before a new hope
    oh ffs. I never even made the sifo dias=Sidiuous homophone.. I heard it as "cypher dias." ugh, that is stupid.

Tuconots
    Thought it was Cypher Diaz, fucking George Lucas and his retard names.

Tuconots
    I didn't remember the name at all. I just remembered at the time that I never saw a person in the movie associated with it, so I just assumed it was Dooku or Palps using an alias.

Tuconots
    Greedy collector stuck on tatooine? Watto obviously.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliane View Post
    oh ffs. I never even made the sifo dias=Sidiuous homophone.. I heard it as "cypher dias." ugh, that is stupid.
    From Ep. 2, Obi Wan knew Master Sifo Dyas, indicating in his call back to the Council that he had supposedly been dead more than 10 years.

Thread Information