Page 1 of 60 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 5935

Thread: Another (Insert Location Here) Shooting

  1. #1
    Registered User Drakurii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,577
    Tuconots
    -12

    Another (Insert Location Here) Shooting


  2. #2
    Everything is meaningless Vinen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,288
    Tuconots
    -25
    Herp derp incoming anti-gun nuts and gun nuts.

  3. #3
    Registered User Malakriss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,713
    Tuconots
    54
    This wouldn't happen if they taught kids how to use a slide rule.

  4. #4
    MEDIOCRE! Big Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11,323
    Tuconots
    0
    But schools are gun free zones.

  5. #5
    "AH HA HA HA HA HA" Barraco Bisi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18,230
    Tuconots
    246
    Not to be outdone by Canada, EH.

  6. #6
    Registered User mkopec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    6,164
    Tuconots
    15
    Lol I was just thinking that. Well the Canada story is now officially over.

  7. #7
    Turns the screw Evernothing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,686
    Tuconots
    51
    So did he open fire on himself or what?
    Draegan sold us out to MMORPG.com

    Exodus underway to ReReRolled.org - A Gaming Community

  8. #8
    Registered User Kedwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,767
    Tuconots
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Evernothing View Post
    So did he open fire on himself or what?
    I don't believe they've said. Odds are the resource officer popped him or he turned his gun on himself.

  9. #9

  10. #10
    Gavinrad Sparklerad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,719
    Tuconots
    35
    Need a school shooting? Why not Fryberg!
    Draegan is a faggoty piece of shit who sold the forum to mmorpg.com just to spite us. Register at the new site.

    ReReRolled.org - A Gaming Community

  11. #11
    Registered User Turgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    164
    Tuconots
    20
    Gunman is die.

  12. #12
    Registered User BurnemWizfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,606
    Tuconots
    -9
    I try to care the 20-30 times a year this happens but people love their guns so much so enjoy your shootings.

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    105
    Tuconots
    -20
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnemWizfyre View Post
    I try to care the 20-30 times a year this happens but people love their guns so much so enjoy your shootings.
    Yea, because it is so easy to snap your fingers and ..poof...no more guns in the country. Oh wait, you just want those who legally obtain guns and use them appropriately to get fucked and to not be able to have them.

  14. #14
    Low Information Janitor chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,413
    Tuconots
    70
    I'm not sure that banning guns would have any positive effect, but didn't every one of these school shootings use legally acquired guns?
    Quote Originally Posted by tad10 View Post
    This place has gone to shit.

  15. #15
    Registered User Gankak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,285
    Tuconots
    -5
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodhi View Post
    Yea, because it is so easy to snap your fingers and ..poof...no more guns in the country. Oh wait, you just want those who legally obtain guns and use them appropriately to get fucked and to not be able to have them.
    No I want them all gone. If your job doesn't require you to have one(read: military/police/security) then you don't need one. But since that's never going to happen because people like yourself get butthurt every time we try and have a sensible conversation about this, Burnem's statement stands true: enjoy your school shootings

  16. #16
    Rav Scam-Free Zone
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Tuconots
    -2
    Yeah no. This liberal right here <---- doesn't trust the government enough to have them take away all our guns (not that they could). And all it would do is leave criminals with guns (though less of them).
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Flex View Post
    The lag makes you last longer.

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    105
    Tuconots
    -20
    Quote Originally Posted by Gankak View Post
    No I want them all gone. If your job doesn't require you to have one(read: military/police/security) then you don't need one. But since that's never going to happen because people like yourself get butthurt every time we try and have a sensible conversation about this, Burnem's statement stands true: enjoy your school shootings
    No, people like my aren't the reason it would never happen, things like physics, and the fact you can't magically fucking poof things out of existence and control that no one ever makes it again...kinda is the reason it would never happen.
    In your magical world, yes, being able to do away with all guns might work. In the world the rest of us exist in, all your kind will end up bringing is - more guns to criminals, less guns to good guys.

  18. #18
    We Do Not Scissor. Chanur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    In the Panhandle waiting for death by Tornado.
    Posts
    9,273
    Tuconots
    27
    There are a huge number of reasons fire arms will never leave America. Move on to the next topic please.

  19. #19
    Rav Scam-Free Zone
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Tuconots
    -2
    I think we should outlaw teenage males.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Flex View Post
    The lag makes you last longer.

  20. #20
    Registered User supertouch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,863
    Tuconots
    -42
    fuckin fruit shot up the school because his girlfriend cheated on him

  21. #21
    Make America's Team great again Hoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,537
    Tuconots
    -26
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnemWizfyre View Post
    I try to care the 20-30 times a year this happens but people love their guns so much so enjoy your shootings.
    This happens 20-30 times a year? Where?
    #TrumpLovesPecker
    #HillaryDidNothingWrong

  22. #22
    Registered User BurnemWizfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,606
    Tuconots
    -9
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodhi View Post
    Yea, because it is so easy to snap your fingers and ..poof...no more guns in the country. Oh wait, you just want those who legally obtain guns and use them appropriately to get fucked and to not be able to have them.
    You just want to run your fucking mouth without having a clue what the fuck you are talking about, continue on captain dumb fuck and enjoy all these lovely school shootings.

  23. #23
    Superior Member Astr0Chuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The ruins of Joisey
    Posts
    12,415
    Tuconots
    72
    Burnem, do you think thugs are primarily getting their illegal guns by robbing them from legal gun owners?

  24. #24
    MEDIOCRE! Big Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11,323
    Tuconots
    0
    These things never happened back in the goold ole days!!!!!!

    Bath School disaster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    The Bath School disaster was a series of violent attacks perpetrated by Andrew Kehoe on May 18, 1927, in Bath Township, Michigan, that killed 38 elementary school children and six adults and injured at least 58 other people.[Note 1] Kehoe first killed his wife, firebombed his farm, and detonated a major explosion in the Bath Consolidated School, before committing suicide by detonating a final explosion in his truck. It is the deadliest mass murder in a school in United States history.[1][2]
    You just want to run your fucking mouth without having a clue what the fuck you are talking about, continue on captain dumb fuck and enjoy all these lovely school shootings.
    School shootings must not happen anywhere else in the world considering the US has the most lax firearms laws, right?

  25. #25
    limb by limb jooka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,600
    Tuconots
    -5
    from what Ive read the only person to die was the shooter

  26. #26
    Rape Culture Enthusiast Dr. Mario Speedwagon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    2nd place
    Posts
    4,068
    Tuconots
    144
    Literally every time

  27. #27
    "AH HA HA HA HA HA" Barraco Bisi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18,230
    Tuconots
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinmad View Post
    Need a school shooting? Why not Fryberg!
    +all the internets

  28. #28
    Boooya ohkcrlho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,749
    Tuconots
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    I'm not sure that banning guns would have any positive effect, but didn't every one of these school shootings use legally acquired guns?
    I was thinking the same thing.
    And btw....are school shootings still news in the US? because there are like 4-5 (more?) per year
    A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping over the Earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust... retaliation.

    Hollywood is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until everything you love is dead.

  29. #29
    Registered User Malakriss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,713
    Tuconots
    54
    Quote Originally Posted by jooka View Post
    from what Ive read the only person to die was the shooter
    Which crappy news site are you reading? Everywhere else is reporting one dead already, three critical one serious. Homecoming prince came up behind his friends sitting at a cafeteria and shot them from behind with his dad's gun.

  30. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    495
    Tuconots
    0
    I have a fair legitimate question for people who are pro-gun: How do you explain the opposition to background checks on getting guns? There's currently a lot of opposition everywhere (and is an issue on a WA ballot) about how you don't need background checks at 'trade show'.

    I find background checks absolute ESSENTIAL before a firearm is sold. What kind of society is it when felons convicted for violent crimes can get their hands on guns? or people with say, schizophrenia?

  31. #31
    Registered User Caliane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,501
    Tuconots
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakriss View Post
    Which crappy news site are you reading? Everywhere else is reporting one dead already, three critical one serious. Homecoming prince came up behind his friends sitting at a cafeteria and shot them from behind with his dad's gun.
    from the twitter, sounds like GF got it on with his best friend.

  32. #32
    Registered User Caliane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,501
    Tuconots
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtenor View Post
    I have a fair legitimate question for people who are pro-gun: How do you explain the opposition to background checks on getting guns? There's currently a lot of opposition everywhere (and is an issue on a WA ballot) about how you don't need background checks at 'trade show'.

    I find background checks absolute ESSENTIAL before a firearm is sold. What kind of society is it when felons convicted for violent crimes can get their hands on guns? or people with say, schizophrenia?
    as if we haven't been over this before... felons, yeah no shit.

    mental illness on the other hand, is a problem. start treating those with it, as felons, and criminals. NO one will ever seek help. We have to find ways to reduce the stigma, not increase it.

  33. #33
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    916
    Tuconots
    -23
    Quote Originally Posted by Brodhi View Post
    No, people like my aren't the reason it would never happen, things like physics, and the fact you can't magically fucking poof things out of existence and control that no one ever makes it again...kinda is the reason it would never happen.
    In your magical world, yes, being able to do away with all guns might work. In the world the rest of us exist in, all your kind will end up bringing is - more guns to criminals, less guns to good guys.
    Honestly, this is actually the reason gun control works in Europe and wouldn't work here. The civilian population of mainland Europe was almost completely disarmed by the Nazis and then Germany's population itself got disarmed after the war, which left them with a clean slate to actually enforce a gun ban from. You know where gun control is a major failure? The UK, and it's because they were never disarmed. There's also Switzerland, which also was not invaded and disarmed and as such their government has also had to accept the reality of widespread gun possession and allow it.

  34. #34
    Registered User BurnemWizfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,606
    Tuconots
    -9
    Quote Originally Posted by Maester Chuk View Post
    Burnem, do you think thugs are primarily getting their illegal guns by robbing them from legal gun owners?
    Don't give a fuck where they are getting them, enjoy your school shootings.

  35. #35
    Registered User Lithose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,879
    Tuconots
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnemWizfyre View Post
    Don't give a fuck where they are getting them, enjoy your school shootings.
    239 Children were killed last year due to drunk driving. Enjoy your alcohol, it killed 10 times the number of children that school shootings do.

  36. #36
    Registered User BurnemWizfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,606
    Tuconots
    -9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithose View Post
    239 Children were killed last year due to drunk driving. Enjoy your alcohol, it killed 10 times the number of children that school shootings do.
    Sure thing, I don't drink.

  37. #37
    Registered User Lithose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,879
    Tuconots
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnemWizfyre View Post
    Sure thing, I don't drink.
    Do you swim? Pools killed 70 children, also more than school shootings. (I'll stay away from things we need, like cars ect. But plenty of things we don't that kill children.)

    Edit: And just to preempt. Yes, I understand more children are killed by guns in general. I'm doing this to illustrate how silly it is to politicize school shootings; you have more to fear from lightning, than a child dying in a school.
    Last edited by Lithose; 10-25-2014 at 01:47 AM.

  38. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,509
    Tuconots
    -20
    You are both pricks and both right, he said the few children who are killed by these incidents are a price we are willing to pay to own guns, which is true so not sure why you are arguing, do you just not want to admit its true? I mean I am willing to deal with the 70 deaths a year to own a pool too, I don't like it but they happen and its worth it for the freedom of being cool in the summer.

  39. #39
    Registered User Drakurii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,577
    Tuconots
    -12
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliane View Post
    as if we haven't been over this before... felons, yeah no shit.

    mental illness on the other hand, is a problem. start treating those with it, as felons, and criminals. NO one will ever seek help. We have to find ways to reduce the stigma, not increase it.
    Someone selling a firearm legally should be able to find out if the person they are selling it to is bat shit crazy or not as a matter of fact it should be mandatory. Some felonies aren't even violent crimes and I would rather a non violent offender carry a gun over some crazy fuck any day of the week.

  40. #40
    MEDIOCRE! Big Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11,323
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtenor View Post
    I have a fair legitimate question for people who are pro-gun: How do you explain the opposition to background checks on getting guns? There's currently a lot of opposition everywhere (and is an issue on a WA ballot) about how you don't need background checks at 'trade show'.

    I find background checks absolute ESSENTIAL before a firearm is sold. What kind of society is it when felons convicted for violent crimes can get their hands on guns? or people with say, schizophrenia?
    Why is that felon out of prison if hes still a danger? By saying "convicted felons shouldnt have guns" youre saying they are a danger to society, so why let them out into society? If you know the person is a threat, remove the threat. Dont make it ever so slightly harder for that threat to do harm.

    More to the point, how would background checks of stopped this shooting? Im assuming the kid is under 18 so no way he could of legally obtained a firearm himself. He either stole or it was given to him. Why keep bringing up the "we need background checks!" argument when in situations like this and so many others(lanza) when it would not of prevented the shooting?
    Someone selling a firearm legally should be able to find out if the person they are selling it to is bat shit crazy or not as a matter of fact it should be mandatory. Some felonies aren't even violent crimes and I would rather a non violent offender carry a gun over some crazy fuck any day of the week.
    This too. Its absolutely retarded how many crimes are considered felonies nowadays. Example, my father's dui was considered a felony. No more voting for him or owning guns.
    Last edited by Big Phoenix; 10-25-2014 at 02:08 AM.

  41. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,509
    Tuconots
    -20
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Phoenix View Post
    Why is that felon out of prison if hes still a danger? By saying "convicted felons shouldnt have guns" youre saying they are a danger to society, so why let them out into society?

    If you know the person is a threat, remove the threat. Dont make it ever so slightly harder for that threat to do harm.
    That's just not how the criminal justice system works and you know it, don't be dumb.

  42. #42
    Boooya ohkcrlho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,749
    Tuconots
    24
    If guns aren't going away and restrictions are stupid and/or useless (many think this way), just give guns to everyone so that things can be even lol
    A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping over the Earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust... retaliation.

    Hollywood is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until everything you love is dead.

  43. #43
    MEDIOCRE! Big Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11,323
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Creslin View Post
    That's just not how the criminal justice system works and you know it, don't be dumb.
    So instead of fixing our beyond screwed up legal system just enact more useless laws and make it even more screwed up?

  44. #44
    Database Error Vaclav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,502
    Tuconots
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Phoenix View Post
    So instead of fixing our beyond screwed up legal system just enact more useless laws and make it even more screwed up?
    On your dad voting - he's in Arizona too, I'd assume right? On Felon Voting: Arizona. Rights are restored to first-time felony offenders. Others must petition.

    He should be able to vote unless he's a repeat felon. And even then he's allowed to petition. (And only 11 states have voting rights restricted after they're finished parole BTW)

  45. #45
    scientia potentia est Cad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Highland Park
    Posts
    9,788
    Tuconots
    49
    The gun laws aren't going to substantially change unless we can amend the constitution, which we effectively cannot, so arguing for gun control is a lost cause. Just stop.

  46. #46
    Registered User Lithose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,879
    Tuconots
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Creslin View Post
    You are both pricks and both right, he said the few children who are killed by these incidents are a price we are willing to pay to own guns, which is true so not sure why you are arguing, do you just not want to admit its true? I mean I am willing to deal with the 70 deaths a year to own a pool too, I don't like it but they happen and its worth it for the freedom of being cool in the summer.
    My commentary was more about it being "enjoy X"...Lots of side effects out there, no one enjoys them. But citing schools specifically is always a little exasperating for me; because maybe 5-10 kids will die in school related violence during the year (Yes, some years you'll get a 40+ year, I'm talking averages). Meanwhile, thousands will be shot in other areas from guns. The reason why this strain of violence is publicized is really because schools are so safe in general, that it's a "great story". The 3 kids shot in a turf war? Meh, evening news, if you're lucky (Gotta squeeze the Kardashians in).

    In short, I disagree with Burnem on guns...but I think his points are better made by looking at deaths per day (Which, even as a gun advocate, I admit is a fair point). Using school shootings narrows the scope and, frankly, as said, you're more likely to lose your kid in a pool than a school massacre. As awful as losing kids is, from a rational perspective, the threat of school violence is just not enough to institute major social change over...it's only ever talked about because the media makes money off it.
    Last edited by Lithose; 10-25-2014 at 03:09 AM.

  47. #47
    Registered User Drakurii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,577
    Tuconots
    -12
    There's always 2 points of view when people talk about guns it's either get rid of guns altogether or don't touch my fucking guns. You never hear anything close to the middle, it's one extreme or the other. Neither side wants to compromise and give an inch and that is sad.

  48. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,509
    Tuconots
    -20
    I am all for better background checks but not sure why that would be a topic of discussion after any recent shooting since they all stole guns from parents anyway. I also don't know why assault weapon bans are brought up when its generally handguns that are used in these shootings. The anti gun crowd likes to try to use these shootings to push restrictions that have nothing to do at all with preventing the tragedies they are using as a launching board and I just dont find that to be a great point to start compromising and having a real discussion from.

  49. #49
    Rav Scam-Free Zone
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Tuconots
    -2
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakurii View Post
    There's always 2 points of view when people talk about guns it's either get rid of guns altogether or don't touch my fucking guns. You never hear anything close to the middle, it's one extreme or the other. Neither side wants to compromise and give an inch and that is sad.
    Oh I don't think that's true at all. I DO think it's true the fanatics at either end get the microphone more often than not, because THAT is news.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Flex View Post
    The lag makes you last longer.

  50. #50
    Registered User TheBeagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,331
    Tuconots
    22
    Big P's right about felons getting their constitutional rights back. If you did your time and got released then you should be able to enjoy the full rights of any other citizen. Just because that's not how it currently works doesn't mean it's right.

  51. #51
    MEDIOCRE! Big Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11,323
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakurii View Post
    There's always 2 points of view when people talk about guns it's either get rid of guns altogether or don't touch my fucking guns. You never hear anything close to the middle, it's one extreme or the other. Neither side wants to compromise and give an inch and that is sad.
    Whats there to compromise on? Magazine restrictions? Waiting periods? Background checks? None of that is going to stop 99% of gun violence in the US. If youre at the point that youre going to commit murder, you think someone cares about whether or not its illegal to carry a gun because of their previous criminal history?

    Heres a novel idea, give people less reasons to commit murder rather than simply make it slightly harder to commit murder.

  52. #52
    Rav Scam-Free Zone
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Tuconots
    -2
    Which completely ignores mentally ill people. We need restrictions on gun ownership. Just depends where you draw that line.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Flex View Post
    The lag makes you last longer.

  53. #53
    Database Error Vaclav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,502
    Tuconots
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Phoenix View Post
    Heres a novel idea, give people less reasons to commit murder rather than simply make it slightly harder to commit murder.
    Are you pushing for Star Trek style socialism? Because on reason is avarice - and unless everyone gets everything they want that one's always going to exist. (And probably even then - but at least it would mitigate any RATIONAL avarice)

  54. #54
    MEDIOCRE! Big Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11,323
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by OneofOne View Post
    Which completely ignores mentally ill people. We need restrictions on gun ownership. Just depends where you draw that line.
    If mentally ill people are a threat to society they shouldn't be a part of it. More importantly how do you identify these people before they strike?
    Are you pushing for Star Trek style socialism? Because on reason is avarice - and unless everyone gets everything they want that one's always going to exist. (And probably even then - but at least it would mitigate any RATIONAL avarice)
    Legalizing drugs would go a long way to reducing crime in this country, especially gun crime.
    Last edited by Big Phoenix; 10-25-2014 at 05:51 AM.

  55. #55
    Database Error Vaclav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,502
    Tuconots
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Phoenix View Post
    Legalizing drugs would go a long way to reducing crime in this country, especially gun crime.
    Depends - there's still big money in tobacco smuggling right now - Cigarette Smuggling Increase Prompts Crackdown by States - Bloomberg - Enough so that organized crime (AKA the type that generally ends up getting in gunfights over drug turf/etc) has taken an interest.

    It's a sticky wicket for sure. I agree with the sentiment, but it's very impractical without everyone being on the same page in some Star Trek styled utopia (which is impossible due to so many practical issues).

  56. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    139
    Tuconots
    -11
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Phoenix View Post
    Whats there to compromise on? Magazine restrictions? Waiting periods? Background checks? None of that is going to stop 99% of gun violence in the US. If youre at the point that youre going to commit murder, you think someone cares about whether or not its illegal to carry a gun because of their previous criminal history?

    Heres a novel idea, give people less reasons to commit murder rather than simply make it slightly harder to commit murder.
    Absolute classic, you totally proved OneofOne's point.

    The arguments for a middle ground are overwhelming it is just individuals at the extreme end of the argument like yourself confusing the matter.

  57. #57
    Boooya ohkcrlho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,749
    Tuconots
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakurii View Post
    There's always 2 points of view when people talk about guns it's either get rid of guns altogether or don't touch my fucking guns. You never hear anything close to the middle, it's one extreme or the other. Neither side wants to compromise and give an inch and that is sad.
    Totally this!
    A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping over the Earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust... retaliation.

    Hollywood is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until everything you love is dead.

  58. #58
    MEDIOCRE! Big Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11,323
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PosterOfStuff View Post
    Absolute classic, you totally proved OneofOne's point.

    The arguments for a middle ground are overwhelming it is just individuals at the extreme end of the argument like yourself confusing the matter.
    Your logic is flawed, there is no "reasonable middle ground" that would significantly reduce murders or gun crime. Criminals don't give two fucks about your magazine capacity laws, or your waiting period laws or yours background check laws. The kid this thread is about would not of been deterred by any thing like those "reasonable" restrictions.

  59. #59
    Band Araysar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    17,734
    Tuconots
    -16
    School shootings are an acceptable price to pay to ensure that we live in a free society.

  60. #60
    Cock Scientist Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,891
    Tuconots
    -12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithose View Post
    Do you swim? Pools killed 70 children, also more than school shootings. (I'll stay away from things we need, like cars ect. But plenty of things we don't that kill children.)
    This line of argument is silly, a few similar examples of this have come up in this thread too.

    It's about control.

    You can teach your child to not be retarded and drown in a pool or supervise your child properly. You can choose to live in an area with low gun crime. You can be vigilant of erratic drivers and drive safely on the roads. Yes these things may kill more children but they aren't killing YOUR children because YOU can take action to prevent it.

    You have no way to protect your child from a school shooting... well actually maybe you do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Araysar View Post
    School shootings are an acceptable price to pay to ensure that we live in a free society.
    ...you could move to any of the other free societies which do not have school schootings several times a year.

  61. #61
    Band Araysar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    17,734
    Tuconots
    -16
    Such as?

  62. #62
    Boooya ohkcrlho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,749
    Tuconots
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Araysar View Post
    Such as?
    Many european countries
    A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping over the Earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust... retaliation.

    Hollywood is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until everything you love is dead.

  63. #63
    Gavinrad Sparklerad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,719
    Tuconots
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by ohkcrlho View Post
    Many european countries
    Sorry, I have no interest in living in an Islamic shithole under Sharia Law, which is what those 'Many European countries' are becoming.
    Draegan is a faggoty piece of shit who sold the forum to mmorpg.com just to spite us. Register at the new site.

    ReReRolled.org - A Gaming Community

  64. #64
    Boooya ohkcrlho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,749
    Tuconots
    24
    Lol you sure do know how europeans are living right now
    A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping over the Earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust... retaliation.

    Hollywood is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until everything you love is dead.

  65. #65
    Cock Scientist Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,891
    Tuconots
    -12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinmad View Post
    Sorry, I have no interest in living in an Islamic shithole under Sharia Law, which is what those 'Many European countries' are becoming.
    5% of the UK population are Muslim, the only Shariah Law I've heard of it in wills, which anyone can make your own crazy rules up for anyway. My friend owns a gun which I have used several times. Last school shooting was about 20 years ago.

  66. #66
    Band Araysar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    17,734
    Tuconots
    -16
    UK has draconian gun laws and is a big brother surveillance state. I'd rather cut my hand off than live in UK.

    Within a year and a half of the Dunblane massacre, UK lawmakers had passed a ban on the private ownership of all handguns in mainland Britain, giving the country some of the toughest anti-gun legislation in the world. After both shootings there were firearm amnesties across the UK, resulting in the surrender of thousands of firearms and rounds of ammunition.
    Britain has never had a "gun culture" like that of the United States, but there were about 200,000 legally-registered handguns in Britain before the ban, most owned by sports shooters. All small-bore pistols, including the .22 caliber, were included in the ban, along with rifles used by target shooters. Penalties for anyone found in possession of illegal firearms range from heavy fines to prison terms of up to 10 years.
    Last edited by Araysar; 10-25-2014 at 01:44 PM.

  67. #67
    REREROLLED.ORG
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,365
    Tuconots
    78
    If we can improve our healthcare system and dismantle the drug war machine then USA will be much improved. The only gun laws worth considering are educational safety programs IMO.

  68. #68
    Rav Scam-Free Zone
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Tuconots
    -2
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Phoenix View Post
    If mentally ill people are a threat to society they shouldn't be a part of it. More importantly how do you identify these people before they strike?
    Yeah, how DO we identify all the people diagnosed with mental issues that are potentially dangerous and/or taking psychiatric medication? I dunno, let me ponder this a bit... /facepalm Unless you're saying that people who require meds must be locked up to insure that they take them on time every time. Are you suggesting that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Phoenix View Post
    Your logic is flawed, there is no "reasonable middle ground" that would significantly reduce murders or gun crime. Criminals don't give two fucks about your magazine capacity laws, or your waiting period laws or yours background check laws. The kid this thread is about would not of been deterred by any thing like those "reasonable" restrictions.
    You seem to think that only hardened criminals use guns to commit mayhem? Many acts of gun violence are committed in the spur of the moment. Saying "there is no reason for citizens to have guns that shoot out a bajillion bullets, while holding a bajillion bullets" makes sense to me. Now you just have to figure out what those numbers are. (the ones I saw seemed too low to worry about, but I'm not terribly well versed on guns) That kid that just went and killed the kids in the school? It could have been worse and we both know that.

    There IS a middle ground that says yes we can have guns, but no we don't need wartime weapons. Maybe high-powered rifles are ok, but military grade sniper weapons aren't really needed? I dunno, I don't care enough to worry about all this shit. I just think it's stupid to think placing restrictions on who can get what has no positive effect to society.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Flex View Post
    The lag makes you last longer.

  69. #69
    Registered User Drakurii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,577
    Tuconots
    -12
    Quote Originally Posted by OneofOne View Post
    Yeah, how DO we identify all the people diagnosed with mental issues that are potentially dangerous and/or taking psychiatric medication?
    How about we put people with mental illness into a database that lists name/illness/medications, and when doing a background check those things come up and they are flagged as DO NOT SALE this individual a weapon. Public safety should always be more important the privacy of 1 individual.

  70. #70
    Cock Scientist Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,891
    Tuconots
    -12
    Quote Originally Posted by Araysar View Post
    UK has draconian gun laws and is a big brother surveillance state. I'd rather cut my hand off than live in UK.

    Within a year and a half of the Dunblane massacre, UK lawmakers had passed a ban on the private ownership of all handguns in mainland Britain, giving the country some of the toughest anti-gun legislation in the world. After both shootings there were firearm amnesties across the UK, resulting in the surrender of thousands of firearms and rounds of ammunition.
    Britain has never had a "gun culture" like that of the United States, but there were about 200,000 legally-registered handguns in Britain before the ban, most owned by sports shooters. All small-bore pistols, including the .22 caliber, were included in the ban, along with rifles used by target shooters. Penalties for anyone found in possession of illegal firearms range from heavy fines to prison terms of up to 10 years.
    Draconian? People here don't understand why the fuck you'd WANT a gun. It's easy to get a sports shotgun, a friend of mine has one as I said. If by draconian you mean "can't buy things designed to murder people" then... yes sure... that is why we don't have school shootings every other month.

    I'd be surprised if european cities had more cameras then american cities, obviously the home of the NSA is going to be the opposite of a big brother surveillance state haha. Even if true it could be worse, I hear the Russians just murder people to silence them.

  71. #71
    Registered User khalid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,539
    Tuconots
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I'd be surprised if european cities had more cameras then american cities, obviously the home of the NSA is going to be the opposite of a big brother surveillance state haha.
    You are quite wrong, at least in regards to the UK vs US.

  72. #72
    MEDIOCRE! Big Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11,323
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by OneofOne View Post
    Yeah, how DO we identify all the people diagnosed with mental issues that are potentially dangerous and/or taking psychiatric medication? I dunno, let me ponder this a bit... /facepalm Unless you're saying that people who require meds must be locked up to insure that they take them on time every time. Are you suggesting that?
    Again, if you say a person is dangerous, why the hell do you let them walk to streets? Adam Lanza was a mentally ill person who didnt need to buy a gun. He just stole his parents. Its just like with felons, if theyre too dangerous to be around a gun keep them locked up! How hard is that? Seems like basic common sense to lock up and remove dangerous individuals from society.



    You seem to think that only hardened criminals use guns to commit mayhem? Many acts of gun violence are committed in the spur of the moment. Saying "there is no reason for citizens to have guns that shoot out a bajillion bullets, while holding a bajillion bullets" makes sense to me. Now you just have to figure out what those numbers are. (the ones I saw seemed too low to worry about, but I'm not terribly well versed on guns) That kid that just went and killed the kids in the school? It could have been worse and we both know that.
    So hollywood has taught you everything you know about firearms? heres a hint

    this(M1 Garand);


    is every bit as dangerous and lethal as this(M14);


    There IS a middle ground that says yes we can have guns, but no we don't need wartime weapons. Maybe high-powered rifles are ok, but military grade sniper weapons aren't really needed? I dunno, I don't care enough to worry about all this shit. I just think it's stupid to think placing restrictions on who can get what has no positive effect to society.
    You see, you seem to think there is a big difference between all these weapons. That somehow weapon a is 100x more dangerous/deadly than weapon b. Its not like that, real life isnt hollywood. "military grade" or "assault rifle" are all hollywood and liberal catch phrase nonsense designed to scare people when it comes to guns get them banned. The big pushers for gun control, the Fienstiens, the Brady Groups, they want guns to be 100% banned. "Reasonable restrictions" is just a stepping stone for what they want.
    Last edited by Big Phoenix; 10-25-2014 at 07:13 PM.

  73. #73
    Superior Member Astr0Chuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The ruins of Joisey
    Posts
    12,415
    Tuconots
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Draconian? People here don't understand why the fuck you'd WANT a gun. It's easy to get a sports shotgun, a friend of mine has one as I said. If by draconian you mean "can't buy things designed to murder people" then... yes sure... that is why we don't have school shootings every other month.

    I'd be surprised if european cities had more cameras then american cities, obviously the home of the NSA is going to be the opposite of a big brother surveillance state haha. Even if true it could be worse, I hear the Russians just murder people to silence them.
    isnt it illegal to buy cutlery in the UK if you are under a certain age?
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoCraig View Post

    However, if the community flees to another domain/site then we will probably attempt to salvage the site by making it something else. Again, this would only be if traffic falls to near nothing.

    Thank you,
    Join now while you still can
    ReReRolled.org - A Technology Community

  74. #74
    Survived 9/23/2015 Soygen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    17,136
    Tuconots
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakurii View Post
    Another School Shooting
    Good band name.

  75. #75
    Registered User khalid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,539
    Tuconots
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Maester Chuk View Post
    isnt it illegal to buy cutlery in the UK if you are under a certain age?
    Yes. There was a video posted awhile back of the "knife crime task force" in the UK trolling social media and arresting kids for having a picture on facebook of them "brandishing" a knife or a club. Tried to find it with a quick search but was unlucky.

  76. #76
    Registered User Lithose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,879
    Tuconots
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    This line of argument is silly, a few similar examples of this have come up in this thread too.

    It's about control.

    You can teach your child to not be retarded and drown in a pool or supervise your child properly. You can choose to live in an area with low gun crime. You can be vigilant of erratic drivers and drive safely on the roads. Yes these things may kill more children but they aren't killing YOUR children because YOU can take action to prevent it.

    You have no way to protect your child from a school shooting... well actually maybe you do...
    You really think you have a better chance of avoiding a drunk driver than hiding from a gunmen? Or having some minor medical emergency in a pool and drowning? This is grasping, man. There are many instances where bad luck will simply kill you; and the only way to prevent it is to remove the context in which those odds will end in that result. I could just as easily say that by having my kid at the range, he will learn what a gun shot sounds like, and be better prepared to run and hide when he hears one. I'd suspect that's about as effective as teaching your child to "avoid" drunk drivers. (IE it CAN be effective, but sure, there are instances where someone is unlucky enough to be the first person on the gunman's hit parade--just like there are some instances of people getting plowed by someone running a red light. Many of these things are simply not avoidable.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Draconian? People here don't understand why the fuck you'd WANT a gun. It's easy to get a sports shotgun, a friend of mine has one as I said. If by draconian you mean "can't buy things designed to murder people" then... yes sure... that is why we don't have school shootings every other month..
    Correlation does not equal causation. There could be many factors that change the statistics. Again, Canada and a few European countries have plenty of guns; and far fewer shootings. The European country with the most school shootings, as I understand it, also has some of the strictest gun laws (Germany--had like 4 this decade, right?).
    Last edited by Lithose; 10-25-2014 at 09:19 PM.

  77. #77
    Superior Member Astr0Chuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The ruins of Joisey
    Posts
    12,415
    Tuconots
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by khalid View Post
    Yes. There was a video posted awhile back of the "knife crime task force" in the UK trolling social media and arresting kids for having a picture on facebook of them "brandishing" a knife or a club. Tried to find it with a quick search but was unlucky.
    i think forks and even spoons are illegal to buy if you are under a certain age.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoCraig View Post

    However, if the community flees to another domain/site then we will probably attempt to salvage the site by making it something else. Again, this would only be if traffic falls to near nothing.

    Thank you,
    Join now while you still can
    ReReRolled.org - A Technology Community

  78. #78
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,566
    Tuconots
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Phoenix View Post
    this(M1 Garand);is every bit as dangerous and lethal as this(M14);
    But..but..pistol grip, detachable magazine, collapsible stock!

  79. #79
    Rav Scam-Free Zone
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Tuconots
    -2
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakurii View Post
    How about we put people with mental illness into a database that lists name/illness/medications, and when doing a background check those things come up and they are flagged as DO NOT SALE this individual a weapon. Public safety should always be more important the privacy of 1 individual.
    I... was being sarcastic because he posed a really dumb question. Most of these people ARE already on no-buy lists. If you end up on a 72 hour psych hold, for instance, you lose your right to buy fire arms for 3 years (at least here in Caly).

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Phoenix View Post
    Again, if you say a person is dangerous, why the hell do you let them walk to streets? Adam Lanza was a mentally ill person who didnt need to buy a gun. He just stole his parents. Its just like with felons, if theyre too dangerous to be around a gun keep them locked up! How hard is that? Seems like basic common sense to lock up and remove dangerous individuals from society.
    Because there are a ton of people that are "potentially" dangerous that never do shit. You can't keep them all locked up, ESPECIALLY when their condition is easy kept in check with medication.

    "Reasonable restrictions" is just a stepping stone for what they want.
    This really seems to be what it all comes down to for you. I disagree, and I think you're being paranoid. But I have zero interest in trying to persuade you otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Flex View Post
    The lag makes you last longer.

  80. #80
    Cock Scientist Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,891
    Tuconots
    -12
    Pretty sure that if I have a child it won't be drowning in a fucking pool. I can not buy a pool for a start.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maester Chuk View Post
    isnt it illegal to buy cutlery in the UK if you are under a certain age?
    Yes, also things with a little bit of gunpowder in them. It isn't widely known but I did work in a supermarket and had to be told this. By cutlery this is giant steak knives and not regular eating knives.

    We actually do have school stabbings a couple of times a decade, since it's harder to kill with a knife we end up with one dead person instead of dozens.

    I was told in my last job that a child once brought a shotgun shell into a science class and started to stab it with a compass, fortunatly he was stopped but it was suggested to me that it could have taken out half the class. So yeah we have the freedom to be utterly retarded if we wish, there are just some precautions in place to reduce the number of incidents from months to years.
    Last edited by Chris; 10-25-2014 at 11:49 PM.

  81. #81
    Gavinrad Sparklerad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,719
    Tuconots
    35
    Yeah I'm sure a single shotgun shell would have taken out half a classroom. If it went off, which it almost certainly wouldn't have.
    Draegan is a faggoty piece of shit who sold the forum to mmorpg.com just to spite us. Register at the new site.

    ReReRolled.org - A Gaming Community

  82. #82
    Cock Scientist Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,891
    Tuconots
    -12
    Well I don't think we had anyone with expertise in that area

  83. #83
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,566
    Tuconots
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I was told in my last job that a child once brought a shotgun shell into a science class and started to stab it with a compass, fortunatly he was stopped but it was suggested to me that it could have taken out half the class. So yeah we have the freedom to be utterly retarded if we wish, there are just some precautions in place to reduce the number of incidents from months to years.
    Can you fathom how impotent a non enclosed shotgun shell is? You surely understand what makes a projectile so deadly is the direction of energy by such things as a chamber and barrel. Fuck me, you are easily swayed by "suggestions."
    Last edited by Jais; 10-26-2014 at 12:04 AM.

  84. #84
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    139
    Tuconots
    -11
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Phoenix View Post
    Again, if you say a person is dangerous, why the hell do you let them walk to streets? Adam Lanza was a mentally ill person who didnt need to buy a gun. He just stole his parents. Its just like with felons, if theyre too dangerous to be around a gun keep them locked up! How hard is that? Seems like basic common sense to lock up and remove dangerous individuals from society.




    So hollywood has taught you everything you know about firearms? heres a hint

    this(M1 Garand);


    is every bit as dangerous and lethal as this(M14);




    You see, you seem to think there is a big difference between all these weapons. That somehow weapon a is 100x more dangerous/deadly than weapon b. Its not like that, real life isnt hollywood. "military grade" or "assault rifle" are all hollywood and liberal catch phrase nonsense designed to scare people when it comes to guns get them banned. The big pushers for gun control, the Fienstiens, the Brady Groups, they want guns to be 100% banned. "Reasonable restrictions" is just a stepping stone for what they want.
    I think you are assuming what OneonOne is thinking, but he/she can defend that.

    You also quote extremist groups who want 100 percent bans, and at the same time you do not want to engage in any conversation about any form of gun control/gun vetting programs, because you are so extreme in your views.

    Do you not understand what the term "middle ground" means ?

    That said, I also understand that anyone who is pro-gun with no change to existing laws has a single fear. The fear that any change in the status of gun ownership in the US will start a process of further legislation. Any change to existing laws is therefore unacceptable, no matter how minor.

    Which really makes this whole conversation pointless.

  85. #85
    Gavinrad Sparklerad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,719
    Tuconots
    35
    An m-80 is probably significantly more dangerous than a shotgun shell.
    Draegan is a faggoty piece of shit who sold the forum to mmorpg.com just to spite us. Register at the new site.

    ReReRolled.org - A Gaming Community

  86. #86
    scientia potentia est Cad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Highland Park
    Posts
    9,788
    Tuconots
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Pretty sure that if I have a child it won't be drowning in a fucking pool. I can not buy a pool for a start.
    What about your kids friends? What about public pools?

    Check the statistics, even in America where we are apparently gunning down kids like Hitler did the jews, you're far more likely to drown in a pool than you are to be shot as a child. BAN POOLS.

  87. #87
    Cock Scientist Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    2,891
    Tuconots
    -12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jais View Post
    Can you fathom how impotent a non enclosed shotgun shell is? You surely understand what makes a projectile so deadly is the direction of energy by such things as a chamber and barrel. Fuck me, you are easily swayed by "suggestions."
    I don't think I was swayed by it, I just repeated it. I have no idea what would happen but it seems like a stupid risk anyway, unless the 37th amendment gives you the right to detonate explosive material in an unintended way because FREEEDDOOOOMMMM.

  88. #88
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,566
    Tuconots
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinmad View Post
    An m-80 is probably significantly more dangerous than a shotgun shell.
    I'd be surprised if brits know what an M-80 is.

  89. #89
    Registered User Drakurii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,577
    Tuconots
    -12
    Quote Originally Posted by Cad View Post
    What about your kids friends? What about public pools?

    Check the statistics, even in America where we are apparently gunning down kids like Hitler did the jews, you're far more likely to drown in a pool than you are to be shot as a child. BAN POOLS.
    Most pool drownings involve 1 child, most school shootings involve multiple victims.

  90. #90
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,486
    Tuconots
    -20
    Quote Originally Posted by PosterOfStuff View Post
    I think you are assuming what OneonOne is thinking, but he/she can defend that.

    You also quote extremist groups who want 100 percent bans, and at the same time you do not want to engage in any conversation about any form of gun control/gun vetting programs, because you are so extreme in your views.

    Do you not understand what the term "middle ground" means ?

    That said, I also understand that anyone who is pro-gun with no change to existing laws has a single fear. The fear that any change in the status of gun ownership in the US will start a process of further legislation. Any change to existing laws is therefore unacceptable, no matter how minor.

    Which really makes this whole conversation pointless.
    The conversation is pointless not because of extremist views, although those certainly do not help things. What makes the pro-gun people (such as myself) not lending any credibility to those who are pushing for more gun control is the basis for which they use to support the legislation. Background checks and bans on magazines over a certain size WILL NOT prevent the next school shooting. It won't prevent the next mugging, domestic violence killing, or accidental shooting by a kid finding his parent's gun. The "solutions" gun control activists claim will fix these problems WILL NOT FIX THEM.

    Now if you just want to make it harder for mentally ill people to get a gun in their hands, fine. We can discuss the best way to go about that. But that's not how gun control is marketed in this country. It's all FOR THE CHILDRENSSSS!!! And pro-gun people are not stupid enough to actually buy what is being shoveled every time CNN runs helicopter shots of the latest school campus where someone took a gun to a "gun free zone."

    That is why the fear of incremental legislation is real, because we know that the legislation being put forth right now won't fix these problems, so when they DO happen again, more strict gun control will be "necessary" to fix them... and that won't work either.

  91. #91
    scientia potentia est Cad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Highland Park
    Posts
    9,788
    Tuconots
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I don't think I was swayed by it, I just repeated it. I have no idea what would happen but it seems like a stupid risk anyway, unless the 37th amendment gives you the right to detonate explosive material in an unintended way because FREEEDDOOOOMMMM.
    How dangerous is shotgun shell ignition outside chamber? - THR

  92. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,509
    Tuconots
    -20
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaines View Post
    The conversation is pointless not because of extremist views, although those certainly do not help things. What makes the pro-gun people (such as myself) not lending any credibility to those who are pushing for more gun control is the basis for which they use to support the legislation. Background checks and bans on magazines over a certain size WILL NOT prevent the next school shooting. It won't prevent the next mugging, domestic violence killing, or accidental shooting by a kid finding his parent's gun. The "solutions" gun control activists claim will fix these problems WILL NOT FIX THEM.

    Now if you just want to make it harder for mentally ill people to get a gun in their hands, fine. We can discuss the best way to go about that. But that's not how gun control is marketed in this country. It's all FOR THE CHILDRENSSSS!!! And pro-gun people are not stupid enough to actually buy what is being shoveled every time CNN runs helicopter shots of the latest school campus where someone took a gun to a "gun free zone."

    That is why the fear of incremental legislation is real, because we know that the legislation being put forth right now won't fix these problems, so when they DO happen again, more strict gun control will be "necessary" to fix them... and that won't work either.
    Revolvers that can hold more bullets would actually reduce the number of kids killed playing russian roulette.

  93. #93
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,566
    Tuconots
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by PosterOfStuff View Post
    Do you not understand what the term "middle ground" means ?
    I know this wasn't directed at me but show me a "middle ground" that will actually prevent gun crime. I assure you all legal gun owners are invested in this fight as much as anti gun folks.

  94. #94
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,566
    Tuconots
    4
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kaines again.

  95. #95
    Registered User Drakurii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,577
    Tuconots
    -12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaines View Post
    It won't prevent the next mugging, domestic violence killing, or accidental shooting by a kid finding his parent's gun. The "solutions" gun control activists claim will fix these problems WILL NOT FIX THEM.
    How about we start with having some accountability. This is just gonna end where it is, the dude killed himself. How about whoever purchased that firearm going to jail as an accomplice to this shit. Having the right to own a firearm means having some personal responsibility in making sure your teenager doesn't take it to school and merc his classmates. I highly doubt he broke into a lock box and took the gun, it was probably on the night stand or in the sock drawer. You want to own a gun fine but it's your job to make sure it doesn't kill a bunch of children.

  96. #96
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,486
    Tuconots
    -20
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakurii View Post
    How about we start with having some accountability. This is just gonna end where it is, the dude killed himself. How about whoever purchased that firearm going to jail as an accomplice to this shit. Having the right to own a firearm means having some personal responsibility in making sure your teenager doesn't take it to school and merc his classmates. I highly doubt he broke into a lock box and took the gun, it was probably on the night stand or in the sock drawer. You want to own a gun fine but it's your job to make sure it doesn't kill a bunch of children.
    You bet. As long as we put the same restriction on cars, alcohol, prescription drugs, household cleaners, and pools. You want to sell/buy those products? Make sure they don't kill anyone.

  97. #97
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,566
    Tuconots
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakurii View Post
    How about we start with having some accountability. This is just gonna end where it is, the dude killed himself. How about whoever purchased that firearm going to jail as an accomplice to this shit. Having the right to own a firearm means having some personal responsibility in making sure your teenager doesn't take it to school and merc his classmates. I highly doubt he broke into a lock box and took the gun, it was probably on the night stand or in the sock drawer. You want to own a gun fine but it's your job to make sure it doesn't kill a bunch of children.
    By what means would you enforce your new legislation?

    What happens when someone steals my car (with my gun in it) while I'm at the gas station with a "No Guns" sign that I'm legally bound to respect? And then shoots people with my legal firearm.

  98. #98
    Gavinrad Sparklerad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,719
    Tuconots
    35
    Actually I would definitely support criminal charges against the legal owners of guns used in crimes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jais View Post
    By what means would you enforce your new legislation?

    What happens when someone steals my car (with my gun in it) while I'm at the gas station with a "No Guns" sign that I'm legally bound to respect? And then shoots people with my legal firearm.
    Obviously there are extenuating circumstances and I don't see any criminal liability in the hypothetical you just described.
    Draegan is a faggoty piece of shit who sold the forum to mmorpg.com just to spite us. Register at the new site.

    ReReRolled.org - A Gaming Community

  99. #99
    MEDIOCRE! Big Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11,323
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jais View Post
    Can you fathom how impotent a non enclosed shotgun shell is? You surely understand what makes a projectile so deadly is the direction of energy by such things as a chamber and barrel. Fuck me, you are easily swayed by "suggestions."
    physics r hard!

    You also quote extremist groups who want 100 percent bans, and at the same time you do not want to engage in any conversation about any form of gun control/gun vetting programs, because you are so extreme in your views.
    This isnt made up fantasy land parania. Dianne Feinstein(senator from California, not some fringe unelectable whacko) would gladly ban every single firearm if she can make it happen


    That said, I also understand that anyone who is pro-gun with no change to existing laws has a single fear. The fear that any change in the status of gun ownership in the US will start a process of further legislation. Any change to existing laws is therefore unacceptable, no matter how minor.
    Again this isnt some out of left field paranoia. Look at NYC or California, those places continue to pass anti gun law after anti gun law. There is no standard people who promote gun control are pushing towards, its whatever retarded idea they think is good. Example, in NY youre allowed to have 10 round magazines, but only allowed to load 7 rounds in them. Load more than 7 rounds into a 10 round mag and youre a dangerous gun criminal.
    Last edited by Big Phoenix; 10-26-2014 at 12:33 AM.

  100. #100
    Superior Member Astr0Chuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The ruins of Joisey
    Posts
    12,415
    Tuconots
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Phoenix View Post
    physics r hard!


    This isnt made up fantasy land parania. Dianne Feinstein(senator from California, not some fringe unelectable whacko) would gladly ban every single firearm if she can make it happen



    Again this isnt some out of left field paranoia. Look at NYC or California, those places continue to pass anti gun law after anti gun law. There is no standard people who promote gun control are pushing towards, its whatever retarded idea they think is good. Example, in NY youre allowed to have 10 round magazines, but only allowed to load 7 rounds in them. Load more than 7 rounds into a 10 round mag and youre a dangerous gun criminal.
    dont forget chicago. after they passed those strict gun laws, gun violence just disappeared!
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoCraig View Post

    However, if the community flees to another domain/site then we will probably attempt to salvage the site by making it something else. Again, this would only be if traffic falls to near nothing.

    Thank you,
    Join now while you still can
    ReReRolled.org - A Technology Community

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •