So much of this depends on the details. Every company is different.
There's lots to consider but ultimately you have to be comfortable making the change.
- Don't accept less than you need for relo.
- Don't take a raise that's putting you in worse position in the long term (raise vs cost of living or even same lifestyle).
- Moving is expensive even when you plan it out and have reimbursement.
- Consider the impact on your personal life.
- Helping you sell and purchase a new house is not 'exotic' after a point in your career.
- Don't ignore the fact that a company is paying for you to move to a new place. Can be very exciting.
- Keep in mind that they are investing in you, but don't ignore the 'writing on the wall' if you don't see longevity. Too much is at stake to not have an assured position for at least some period of time.