Page 1 of 146 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls Online

Tuconots

The Elder Scrolls Online

Note from Tuco on the Rerolled PVP Guild
    It seems that every MMO that comes out this forum creates an upstart 'forum guild' for it that invariably fizzles out in a few months due to a lack of structure and recruitment. The serious players join serious guilds and the bored players move on. This is a travesty because these forums host the words of some of the most experienced and hardcore players in the world. This was different in GW2 where we combined the raw potential this forum has with the most rock steady guild in MMO history.

In GW2 over 200 people from Rerolled joined PRX and made history in that game. Together with the Titan Alliance we landed on the Henge of Denravi server and won the first 30 matches in a row and became the undisputed champions of the entire game. After Titan Alliance split up due to boredom we jumped to a lower tier server, Sea of Sorrows, that had a strong oceanic presence and was requesting some NA forces. After joining we went undefeated until we regained the #1 server position. We spent some time as champions and then traveled across the ocean to see what the European servers were like. The European scene had been dominated by Vizunah Square and we chose the goal of taking them out. We joined a second-tier server, Seafarer's Rest and after 5 hard weeks of fighting we knocked off Vizunah Square and became the best. However, due to connection issues we were forced back to a NA server. Our previous home, the Sea of Sorrows, was in first place so we chose a server that was losing a lot of matches, Jade Quarry. Once again we dethroned the champions and then made the choice to retire. After months of hard fighting we retired with a record of 72 wins and 4 losses. 55 of those wins were in tier 1 and we never came in third. A more verbose history can be read at PRX History. The legend can be hard to believe, but the hundreds of people here that were with us in GW2 know the truth of our victory.

Here's a group screenshot we took during GW2.

Not only did we achieve glory but we had an incredibly fun time. I've had many people ask me if we're repeating this in TESO and the answer is most assuredly yes. TESO has its issues to be sure, but its PVP is high quality and there's glory to be won in it. The Rerolled community proved to be massive force in the GW2 war effort and I'd love if everyone here who wants to fight wars stands at my shoulder. However, PRX is not for everyone. If you don't want to be in a professional environment, it's not for you. If you don't enjoy being part of a constant war effort, it's not for you. If you want to talk your shit on forums instead of ingame, it's is not for you. But if you want to personally fight in the most epic and notable battles in GW2, then PRX is where you want to go.

If this sounds great and you want to really enjoy Cyrodiil for all its worth, then you'll need to go through our recruitment process. Going through the application process is a little antiquated but it's critical that you get access to our forums to see our plans and it's also useful for us to get to know you. If you're ready to win a war in an organized force, follow this process to post an application. Note that you are from Rerolled and if your desired name in GW2 differs from your forum name, please post it. I will respond to it vouching for you.

Also note that people from PRX, including me, are strictly forbidden from engaging in drama shit-talking on public forums like this one. There's going to be some very salty tears from some very sore losers come release, but we will only address them ingame. If you have any questions about PRX, please PM Tuco.

3/29/2014 Update:
    We're rolling in the Aldmeri Dominion. From our research very few big PVP guilds are choosing that faction, so we think we'll get the most competition that way.

3/29/2014 Update:
    We've chosen the Dawnbreaker campaign. On release we immediately took Cyrodiil and took the world's first keep as well as getting world's first emperor.

End Tuco Note

Poopsocking with real time combat!
    Last edited by Anomander Rake; 04-01-2014 at 04:31 AM.

Tuconots
    Take the foundry website link and on that page is 6 min gameplay video all, talking about the game systems some them.

http://tamrielfoundry.com/

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/12...ths-dispelled/

Video also at Massively.

Tuconots
    ...is going to be shit.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Agraza View Post
    ...is going to be shit.
    Lol ,

agree years ago like the 1st elder scrolls, if ya told me they one day would MMO.

I would say no way, no how can they fuck that up lol.

I watched the video on the links , and name of the Videos are supposed to be dispelling elder scrolls, rumors and myths.

Well fuck me watched it, and no where did it even talk about the game engine if it would support dx11 for those of us that have had High End Ultra pcs for years.

I would bet money to even get to alpha test this that the 1st sentance of the NDA is never discuss our hero engine for elder scrolls.

Banned
    Tuconots
    I like the look, I just want there to be decent combat and adventuring. If it does that, I'm in. If it's like an online Skyrim, it can suck my balls.

Tuconots
    I read somewhere they used the Hero Engine in the early days to whiteboard and prototype while they developed their own client/server in-house. AFAIK Hero engine is no longer part of the equation.

Tuconots
    It needs to come out of the gate with WotLK levels of polish or it is going to sputter down to almost nothing after 3 months like almost everything else that has come out recently has.

You'll have your huge initial hype, a million box sales, 15 days of queues, 30 days until people are bitching about lack of/unfinished end game content, and 90 days later you will have server collapses and all kinds of damage control.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Faltigoth View Post
    It needs to come out of the gate with WotLK levels of polish or it is going to sputter down to almost nothing after 3 months like almost everything else that has come out recently has.

You'll have your huge initial hype, a million box sales, 15 days of queues, 30 days until people are bitching about lack of/unfinished end game content, and 90 days later you will have server collapses and all kinds of damage control.
    This applies to every MMO.

Rythonn
    Tuconots
    Everyone had the exact same skeleton and shape. Seemed so boring and bland to me. Reminds me of KOA.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderCougarFalconBird View Post
    I read somewhere they used the Hero Engine in the early days to whiteboard and prototype while they developed their own client/server in-house. AFAIK Hero engine is no longer part of the equation.
    Thats Bullshit. we all read the same thing, but ever since then, if you read between the lines its Hero engine, they dont wanna talk about it,at all.

If you dont believe me, ask anyone,Heck UT will tell you im right.

I seen the video's and the graphics look like fucking game from 2004-2007 max and scream Hero engine.

Look Untill DX11 becomes the standard for low end to medium end pcs,and console's fully expect all MMO's to have the game be mostly dx9 with some dx10,dx11 for those of us that have Muti dx11 cards etc.

But this game is supposed to come out around Dec 2013 even if it makes that or gets delayed 3-6 monthes, your talking around 2014 to come out ok.Thus im sorry to tell you but for 2014 MMO those graphics look like warm ass.

MMO's need to be able to scale down the line for low end,medium and high end graphics and when you already looking as bad as they do on High end to Ultra, as dated then your really fucked long term.Look at the character models in the Video shit makes me cringe.
    Last edited by AlekseiFL; 12-15-2012 at 04:17 PM.

Banned
    Tuconots
    I tAkE uR oPiNyUn VeRrY SrSly D00d

Tuconots
    God, those animations look almost as bad as Oblivion/Morrowind, and the spell effects aren't a whole lot better. They get points for the environment though, which seems fairly nice. Stat system sounds awfully bland, and I thought we'd decided that mana was a terrible mechanic. While I'm generally a fan of 3-faction PvP, I find it pretty funny that they go to so much effort to stress how their mega-server will make it easy to play with your friends, then throw in that factions are hard locked and so you all have to be the same faction or it doesn't fucking matter. Only 7 skill slots is pretty weak too, I just don't see how that can allow for any real variety or flexibility.

The only myth that video dispelled was that this might be a good game :| Looks like it's back to hoping ANet pull their shit together and vitalize WvW.
    " I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    I tAkE uR oPiNyUn VeRrY SrSly D00d

Tuconots
    God damn they didn't need to explain phasing for 10 minutes

The running animations are atrocious and hopefully will be fixed, everything else looks okay.

Tuconots
    The game world looks gorgeous, which isn't surprising given that it's an Elder Scrolls game. Aside from that, there really doesn't seem to be much to give an opinion on with that video. Perhaps it's too early for them to be talking about the "secret sauce", but there really wasn't anything in that video that was new or terribly exciting, and the features they did discuss sounded dumbed down (3 stats?).

But, let's face it, the game is going to live and die based on the Elder Scrolls name anyways. If they don't meet the expectations people have after Oblivion, Skyrim, etc., it really doesn't matter what they do, and I have a feeling the game is going to play and feel significantly different.

Sucks at being a grammer Nazi. etchazz's Avatar
    Tuconots
    hard factions? fuck you! making 3 instead of 2 doesn't make it any better. game will suck.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by etchazz View Post
    hard factions? fuck you! making 3 instead of 2 doesn't make it any better. game will suck.
    Wasn't DaoC 3 hard factions as well? I can't say that I remember hearing much hate for it from the DaoC players, but it's been a long time so who knows.

I didn't play for long (and it was well after DaoC's heyday) but I vaguely remember wanting to start one of the "tank" races to play with a friend and I couldn't because that was only available to a single opposing faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
    Haha. Hey Alex, since apparently you're reading this, at least my version of FoH stayed relevant until 2012. You managed to turn it into a 5th-rate guild within months of me moving on to EVE and ceasing my recruitment activities. You really showed us all how amazing you are when you invited the entire IRC channel to the WoW guild and let Ravvenn alienate everybody but her 5 friends in your absence.

Tuconots
    Sounds like it could be really fun.

-Real time combat system
    -Small ability bar (something like 6 abilities including an "Ultimate")
    -Ability to choose your weapons/armor regardless of class that have different pros/cons as in the ES series (i.e. Dual sword wielding, Plate wearing Mage)
    -Lots of former DAoC Devs involved
    -Open World RvR with capturable keeps, siege weaponry, and three factions
    -Sub objectives to help in the RvR game, i.e. "Supply Denial" like destroying farms that supply keeps, force the defenders to come out and fight
    -Top player of a faction can become "Emperor of Tamriel" (maybe a new and improved version of the DAoC Relic System?)

Anyways, I have high hopes that it'll be good. Who knows what will happen though?
    Last edited by 2002User; 12-16-2012 at 02:57 AM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002User View Post
    Sounds like it could be really fun.

-Real time combat system
    -Small ability bar (something like 6 abilities including an "Ultimate")
    -Ability to choose your weapons/armor regardless of class that have different pros/cons as in the ES series (i.e. Dual sword wielding, Plate wearing Mage)
    -Lots of former DAoC Devs involved
    -Open World RvR with capturable keeps, siege weaponry, and three factions
    -Sub objectives to help in the RvR game, i.e. "Supply Denial" like destroying farms that supply keeps, force the defenders to come out and fight
    -Top player of a faction can become "Emperor of Tamriel" (maybe a new and improved version of the DAoC Relic System?)

Anyways, I have high hopes that it'll be good. Who knows what will happen though?

lots of Daoc devs involved.

Hmm Warhammer online had that check.

Swtor Had that check.

Same engine as Swtor, yah your fucking right what could go wrong.

Tuconots
    I'll end up trying this game. As a side note, I really want an mmorpg that only allows you in 1st person perspective. I can't tell from the videos but I'm guessing 3rd person is here to stay.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Erronius View Post
    Wasn't DaoC 3 hard factions as well? I can't say that I remember hearing much hate for it from the DaoC players, but it's been a long time so who knows.

I didn't play for long (and it was well after DaoC's heyday) but I vaguely remember wanting to start one of the "tank" races to play with a friend and I couldn't because that was only available to a single opposing faction.
    It worked in DAoC for a few reasons. It was the first time it'd be done, so it was new, the factions were very diverse, thematically, which created a real sense of loyalty back when nobody knew what a 'server transfer' was (even right up to the end when people had characters from all three realms on one server, most people still associated themselves with and felt an affinity for one particular faction*), the whole game was built and marketed around it, and there was no serious endgame PvE raidgame, so there were no concerns about artificially limiting potential group/raid recruits.

*Hibernia 4 lyfe!

As for whether it'll work in ESO, that depends on implementation, it can be a good or bad system depending on the context. Personally, I just think it's a bit silly to talk so much about how they're making it easier to play with your friends in a game with hard factions. They can't have their cake and eat it too with the current system (although GW2 managed it, eventually).
    Last edited by Azrayne; 12-16-2012 at 12:51 PM.
    " I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"

Tuconots
    People need to stop trumpeting former DaoC devs like they are the second coming, as said above they havent really accomplished anything in nearly a decade and the phrase probably means "was an intern at Mythic in 2003" anyway. It was the same with Brad and look where that left VG in the end.

Personally, I like Elder Scrolls games but think this wont work out because to make it an MMO that gets funded these days you have to gut the franchise of anything that makes it special and stuff the hollow shell with warcraft bits'n'pieces.

Sucks at being a grammer Nazi. etchazz's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Creed View Post
    People need to stop trumpeting former DaoC devs like they are the second coming, as said above they havent really accomplished anything in nearly a decade and the phrase probably means "was an intern at Mythic in 2003" anyway. It was the same with Brad and look where that left VG in the end.

Personally, I like Elder Scrolls games but think this wont work out because to make it an MMO that gets funded these days you have to gut the franchise of anything that makes it special and stuff the hollow shell with warcraft bits'n'pieces.
    yup. world of warcraft: the elder scrolls will be arriving shortly.

Tuconots
    Not even trying to trumpet this as some kind of DAoC second coming, just saying it's an interesting storm of possibilities. I haven't played a MMORPG seriously for like 5 years now, so trust me that I'm just as skeptical as you.

I want to believe.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Agraza
    ...is going to be shit.
    You may be right. It certainly is safer to bet a horse will lose a race rather than win it. I think I'm just as salty and pessimistic as everyone else here, since recent releases of franchises I once enjoyed have all turned out to be shit. I'd really like this game to succeed though. It seems there is a demand to leave WoW. Every new hot piece of software is snatched up, people find flaws in it, and they gravitate back to what's familiar even if it is tired. I'll stay cautiously optimistic about this one. I'm relieved the combat system is not a clone of previous Elder Scrolls titles, that would've been a deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by AlekseiFL
    Thats Bullshit. we all read the same thing, but ever since then, if you read between the lines its Hero engine, they dont wanna talk about it,at all.
    As far as I know, the Hero Engine is not Mac compatible and ESO will be. That seems like a lot of trouble to license an engine and then devote a ton of time to modify it.

I don't see 3 factions being a big deal for PvE, it's still going to remain "us vs them." I think it will be an interesting feature in PvP though. Imagine if Arathi Basin was a 3 faction match for example. If one faction was close to victory, the two losers would form a temporary alliance to turn the tide. I'm sure there are better modes that I'm not thinking of that can be experimented with 3 faction PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by 2002User
    I want to believe.
    Well put, so do I. Too many titles have disappointed me lately.

Tuconots
    I'm actually very wary of them. I've come to the conclusion that Mythic struck gold with DAoC entirely by accident, they had absolutely no understanding of what actually made the game good and drew players to it, which is how they managed to fuck it up so epically for nearly a decade.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrayne View Post
    I'm actually very wary of them. I've come to the conclusion that Mythic struck gold with DAoC entirely by accident, they had absolutely no understanding of what actually made the game good and drew players to it, which is how they managed to fuck it up so epically for nearly a decade.
    The devs quit listening to certain TLs and started listening to more crappy TLs is when DAoC starting going down the crapper.
    Last edited by Lodor; 12-20-2012 at 12:10 AM.

not a philistine
    Tuconots

acronym for everything

Quote Originally Posted by Lodor View Post
    The devs quit listening to certain TLs and started listening to more crappy TLs is when DAoC starting going down the crapper.
    What?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by AlekseiFL View Post
    lots of Daoc devs involved.

Hmm Warhammer online had that check.

Swtor Had that check.

Same engine as Swtor, yah your fucking right what could go wrong.
    Are these the same devs or different devs?

Tuconots
    So pretty much the same story as Everquest.

not a philistine
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Guzrog View Post
    So pretty much the same story as Everquest.
    ya but wow took every concept that it could from everquest and made it an arcade game, it was pretty deliberately done, and was successful.

so maybe there's a hope of a chance that a game designed with all of it's concepts pre-determined can be fun to play. Yeah right....

there's nothing fun about whack-a-mole, or doing the same thing twice, as would be the case if this was a daoc clone, even if it was fun to play. If the most compelling aspects of this game turn out to be a carbon copy of an idea that sounded cool at one point, then I don't think it will be developed with the same spirit as the original.

So, I hope they have something that at least improves upon the 3 vs 3 dynamic in such a way that it's able to thrive in a mainstream market. Which I think would rely upon their ability to recognize what works and what doesn't. That being that there's no telling what will catch people's attention, so what will work isnt possible to define. So make your game impossible to define.

Is this off topic yet?

I could list all of the things that I like about the TES games that I don't think would have any place in an mmorpg that was striving for critical acclaim right out of the gates, but I think that it's pretty self explanatory.
    Last edited by Diazepane; 01-20-2013 at 02:30 AM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Diazepane View Post
    What?
    TLs = team leads. In pre release beta before gib was really ever around there were 2 "guilds" more or less. One was apoc in alb and other was skona raiders in mid. Each guild was full of team leads and for a long time the head devs were listening to the right TLs but once they went gung ho on keep testing certain TLs went to the forefront and majorly got shit unbalanced pvp wise.

That is the short story of the comment i meant above.

not a philistine
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodor View Post
    TLs = team leads. In pre release beta before gib was really ever around there were 2 "guilds" more or less. One was apoc in alb and other was skona raiders in mid. Each guild was full of team leads and for a long time the head devs were listening to the right TLs but once they went gung ho on keep testing certain TLs went to the forefront and majorly got shit unbalanced pvp wise.

That is the short story of the comment i meant above.
    Went to the forefront, like they were suddenly cut off from playing the actual game?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Quineloe View Post
    Are these the same devs or different devs?
    Both. It's an incestuous industry. Most of the people laid off at Bioware-EA after the SWTOR debacle are likely working for Rich Vogel who somehow got another job leading another dev company into the ground, or Matt Firor, whose ideas are firmly planted in stagnation trying to recreate the social impacts of yesteryears games instead of making something fun and creative.

I'll hop on board with everyone else. This game will be horrible.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Utnayan View Post
    Both. It's an incestuous industry. Most of the people laid off at Bioware-EA after the SWTOR debacle are likely working for Rich Vogel who somehow got another job leading another dev company into the ground, or Matt Firor, whose ideas are firmly planted in stagnation trying to recreate the social impacts of yesteryears games instead of making something fun and creative.

I'll hop on board with everyone else. This game will be horrible.
    Agree.

Tuconots
    No they didn't. They had a foundation of DAoC when they introduced Magestorm. They had the classes (excluding the tanks). The problem started when EA bought them.

DAoC for me had some of the most fond and frustrating memories. They did PvP right. Problem was, as Lodor mentioned, they quit listening to the TLs that they actually "hired".

Another problem was that the Armsman TL, Mors, had a history with Mythic. He was a Game Master in Magestorm back on AOL and then Gamestorm. He was the worst TL and everyone hated him, but they never fired him.

Tuconots
    I have just 1 question.
    Will this be useing the Hero engine Alpha or Hero engine Beta version?

Tuconots
    No they didn't. They had a foundation of DAoC when they introduced Magestorm. They had the classes (excluding the tanks). The problem started when EA bought them.
    Gonna disagree with you there. ToA and it's fucked up itemization grind, the absurd levels of CC, getting 2 shot by certain classes with maxed resists, horrible pve resist code for spells, requiring buffs to compete and the subsequent buffbot issue, stealther retardation, and oh man I could just go on and on, but yeah the game had a lot of issues right from the start and through the period before EA came along which just never got addressed (although they did fix quite a few around 2005/2006, but it was too little too late).

Tuconots
    ToA had mixed reviews -- the main problem was that people did not want to have to do PvE to compete in PvP. I will agree with you in that regard. Crowd control was a necessity from the sheer size of some of the fights. You could only get two shotted by one class and that was by rogues. Of course you need buffs to compete. The only problem I hated with buffs is the fact that you could only use them to a certain amount (like 6-8 spells max).

The fact that they removed one-shot kills and staying stealth from rogues is what was retarded. Being assassinated without seeing your killer was sweet.

edit: When they fixed sorcerers and healers in the very beginning, that's when things got better. No more chain stun and mass AE killing.

edit 2: Hibernia for life, too. ;-) Well, and Midgard, lol.
    Last edited by Kuriin; 01-21-2013 at 06:30 PM.

Tuconots
    Oh boy, DAOC was sure fun as a caster! ****your casting has been interrupted because someone was looking at you funny 50 yards away***

And I can't tell if you're serious about thinking one shot kills from an invisible guy, who stays invisible, is perfectly fine in a pvp game.

But enough with the DAOC derail for me; Will this be F2P once you buy the box? I think sub based games are all but gone now, unless they can match that EQ1 server's GM interaction rate(whatever the server name was that cost 50$ a month)

Tuconots
    This game looks average. We shall see if this version of the hero engine isn't complete dogshit
    Last edited by Flipmode; 01-21-2013 at 08:55 PM.

Tuconots

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by RobXIII View Post
    Oh boy, DAOC was sure fun as a caster! ****your casting has been interrupted because someone was looking at you funny 50 yards away***

And I can't tell if you're serious about thinking one shot kills from an invisible guy, who stays invisible, is perfectly fine in a pvp game.

But enough with the DAOC derail for me; Will this be F2P once you buy the box? I think sub based games are all but gone now, unless they can match that EQ1 server's GM interaction rate(whatever the server name was that cost 50$ a month)
    Let's not forget that even though it was easy to interrupt a caster, for some casters like Wizzies/Runies/Elds, that was necessary because they could 1/2 shot you as bolt based spells were pretty vicious when they would land.

Tuconots
    are the beta signups, when you send it in, is it timing out the page?

Basically im asking has anyone gotten confirmation of their beta Application from the site?
    I am wondering if we keep haveing to resend it to we get the message on the site , instead of timing out, that beta application was received etc?

Tuconots
    AlekseiFL, I got the same thing when I tried signing up. Very annoying cause I wrote some very nice reasons for them to choose me. :P

Tuconots
    I've tried twice, both times I get to the page that says "Turn back Adventurer" or whatever. I'll try again later and see if it gives some kind of confirmation or if I get an email confirmation.

Tuconots

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by lordvanduu View Post
    AlekseiFL, I got the same thing when I tried signing up. Very annoying cause I wrote some very nice reasons for them to choose me. :P
    Yah, the 1st , 2 submits think it timed out, so now all the special shit wrote to get picked very early, saved on my desktop and 1 my laptops, untill can get this shit to take.

I love elder scrolls single player games have played them all, back in the day, same with bards tale and quest for glory series etc.

I however think this game but total Fail starting with the alpha or beta version of the hero engine , if it has it as they have side steped ala Tortanic all the time, Yugo is still Yugo dont care how much you rebuild it.

Tuconots
    Use chrome/firefox as IE users are reporting errors.

Some beta details in their podcast (ep. 17): http://www.bethblog.com/podcast/
    Last edited by pyksel; 01-22-2013 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Added podcast info

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuriin View Post
    ToA had mixed reviews -- the main problem was that people did not want to have to do PvE to compete in PvP. I will agree with you in that regard. Crowd control was a necessity from the sheer size of some of the fights. You could only get two shotted by one class and that was by rogues. Of course you need buffs to compete. The only problem I hated with buffs is the fact that you could only use them to a certain amount (like 6-8 spells max).

The fact that they removed one-shot kills and staying stealth from rogues is what was retarded. Being assassinated without seeing your killer was sweet.

edit: When they fixed sorcerers and healers in the very beginning, that's when things got better. No more chain stun and mass AE killing.

edit 2: Hibernia for life, too. ;-) Well, and Midgard, lol.
    There were certainly a lot of mechanics issues with DAOC, but the main reason for the exodus from the game on my server (Kay) was TOA. It was just such a major shift in the gameplay that the player-base did not want. Instead of fixing broken mechanics they decided it was a great idea to make a PVP game a PVE raid game. Then they did the same thing with NF, in that it changed the way the game was played. It was really crazy... all the stuff the players said was broken... they said it was working right... then they "fixed" the shit that was working great as is.

WoW never killed DAOC. Mythic did a good enough job that they didn't need Blizzard's help.

So do they carry that same broke-ass philosophy today? Probably so, they never learned from their mistakes back then, I don't expect them to now.

Tuconots
    Expect typos and incoherent shit, occasionally.

Tuconots
    I'm still getting the "Turn Back, Adventurer" page after completing my registration. Anyone getting some kind of confirmation after signing up?

Tuconots
    I just wonder what the balance of content is going to be at the endgame. There's going to be heroic dungeons, raids, and giant pvp zones... but it usually ends up with one getting the majority of new content. I personally like PvE raiding so it wouldn't bother me if it's set up more like vanilla WoW. I just hope they don't go the route of dividing gear into 2 categories of pve and pvp - making one completely useless in the other. That's why I never pvp'd in Rift.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by TXjohnny View Post
    I'm still getting the "Turn Back, Adventurer" page after completing my registration. Anyone getting some kind of confirmation after signing up?
    I got a confirmation email.

I have no idea, but it seems to me this would be a more PvE oriented game? But I guess you could argue it could be the opposite, we shall see.

Tuconots
    I honestly believe that unless you are blizzard and can piss away all the money you like on a CGI trailer, you shouldn't be wasting fucking money on a CGI trailer.

Tuconots
    Managed to complete the signup on 2nd try, forgot to turn off adblock for the page I think is the reason why I ran into the first problem. I dont know what is needed to get a good rank in the beta signup, but I got Above Average despite trying almost all MMOs listed, beta tested 4 different MMOs and have a pretty decent laptop to play it on.

Tuconots
    I typed 2 paragraphs, clicked most of the options and mine filled the bar. This shit hasn't gone viral yet, so I think we're good on the queue.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Saban View Post
    I honestly believe that unless you are blizzard and can piss away all the money you like on a CGI trailer, you shouldn't be wasting fucking money on a CGI trailer.
    This is already starting out like SWTOR...

Tuconots
    Shit, nevermind. We just barely missed the wave. Facebook page says they are having issues.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Iadien View Post
    This is already starting out like SWTOR...
    I was thinking the exact same thing...

Can anyone explain the video? Is there something going on there? I see the elves, what I assume are nords, and an imperial? Or is it the three archetypes, caster, warrior, thief? It looks like a Blur video, which I remember hearing somewhere they charge $1M a minute. So I hope it was money well spent.

Tuconots
    The CGI trailer was cool and all...but for the love of god don't fucking suck.

Tuconots
    Well, it will be WoW with Elder Scrolls lore, but without 8 years of polish. So it will be pretty bad at its worst, or simply not what most people here are currently looking for at its best.

Tuconots
    I signed up, but never saw a score like "Above Average".
    Was this on the screen after you hit submit or something?

Tuconots
    "Excellent" for including a brief description and clicking on their boxes allowing them to send you spam mail and NDA.

Tuconots
    I can't submit my app. lame

Tuconots
    Submitted no problem.

Tuconots
    what browser? if that really matters..

Tuconots
    Submitted. My old ass computer will probably not make me eligible for testing, but oh well.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Convo View Post
    what browser? if that really matters..
    Latest Chrome.

Just saw the CGI. Pretty damn sweet. Not FF 14 sweet, but sweet none the less.

Tuconots
    gamebreaker has ton of elder scrolls new info.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/eld...#disqus_thread

Tuconots
    So another wowish clone?

Tuconots
    Submitted mine while on my lunch break, no problem. Used Firefox as my browser. Selecting the pve/large group, and pvp/ranked battleground filled my bar up.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by mkopec View Post
    So another wowish clone?
    Does every MMO have to be a WoW clone? I think at this point you can say that MMO's have establish standards now and you cannot contribute all of them to WoW.
    Last edited by Muligan; 01-23-2013 at 03:29 AM.

Tuconots
    But "established standard MMO clone" doesn't sound as good as WoW'ish clone.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Muligan View Post
    Does every MMO have to be a WoW clone? I think at this point you can say the MMO have establish standards now and you cannot contribute all of them to WoW.

Ok, questgrind, game begins at max level, raid at endgame, daily quest bullshit all for +3 random generic gear game?
    Last edited by mkopec; 01-23-2013 at 12:54 AM.

Tuconots
    If this game is going to be quest grind bullshit count me out. Unless there is a comparable way to level pvp'ing or something else. Fuck mindless quest grinding, im over it.

Tuconots
    gave me an "excellent" chance for beta, prob due to the Nerdslayer being an absolute beast. wish i could have signed up earlier, though.
    CAUTION: THIS BOARD IS MODERATED BY ISIS SYMPATHIZERS
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    No one is any worse than anyone else, we're all just pushing our own agendas. Even ISIS

Tuconots
    man all I got was excellent.

this game is gonna suck I can feel it.

Tuconots
    All jokes aside.... this game really doesn't anyone a reason to play outside of a shot of being just interesting enough to enjoy opening day rush which to me is the best part of a new MMO. We'll see how it goes over the course of beta....

Tuconots
    You know, every major release has gone through the "This is going to be fucking awesome" at some point with at least a significant crowd saying that, but this one seems to be universally derided before it even touches down. Watch it be fucking badass. (signed up and it will probably suck)

Tuconots
    Yeah pretty much everyone is shitting on this and TBH I'm not really expecting anything much. These days I just realize that until another sandbox MMO comes through its just going to be about squeezing what ever time you get out of these disney world style games and throw it away until something else comes out.

One day we'll get a game that people can actually play for years, feel attachment to a character, world and lore and not simply ride the rail until max level (that lately usually takes all of a day or two played).
    Last edited by Kedwyn; 01-23-2013 at 04:42 AM.

Apprentice Developer
    Tuconots
    You people need to shut the fuck up until you play it.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeden View Post
    You know, every major release has gone through the "This is going to be fucking awesome" at some point with at least a significant crowd saying that, but this one seems to be universally derided before it even touches down. Watch it be fucking badass. (signed up and it will probably suck)
    To be fair the community was extremely excited for this when it was announced and summarily denounced it when they started releasing info about it (Especially screenshots that made it look completely unlike ES games).

Tuconots
    No, I plan on going into this game with a shitty attitude and all hope crushed. The game can only go up from there. I learned what hope and happiness gets you, its called EQ2 and Vanguard.

Tuconots
    SWOTOR, don't forget SWOTOR.

Tuconots
    SWTOR and GW2 are games that remind you to never get fucking excited for ANYTHING.

Tuconots

I'd hit it.

Tuconots
    Why is the developer asking us questions? Why isn't that bitch answering questions?

Tuconots
    What the hell is a 'Social Agent'?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Menion View Post
    What the hell is a 'Social Agent'?

istvaan.jpg

Tuconots
    How long has this game been in development?

Tuconots
    I'd wager at least 3 years but it seemed to come out of nowhere for a 2013 release.

Chick is cute. I imagine she's trying to stoke the fires of nostalgia with tes fans.

Tuconots
    Signed up and not entirely too excited for it, but what the hell, who knows, it could end up crazy awesome.

All signs point to no, but we shall see how it plays.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by xzi View Post
    Signed up and not entirely too excited for it, but what the hell, who knows, it could end up crazy awesome.

All signs point to no, but we shall see how it plays.
    That's me.... I don't get into too much hype anymore but I don't completely discount anything either... We'll see. Heck, I have nothing to lose. I play LoL and 2K13. My horizon looks like more LoL, SimCity, and FFXIV. I don't think it will hurt to give a game a chance.

Tuconots
    Since I haven't seen any yet on one of these pages...

Daedroth battle:

Mournhold:

Bleakrock Nord

Durzog:

Dewmer Sphere:

Tuconots
    Same goes with videos:

Some gameplay and fat man talking:

CGI Video:

Tuconots
    That nordic picture or whatever looks uninspired and amateur compared to Skyrim.

Tuconots
    I think they should release it for about a year, close it down, and then reopen it 6 months later. The game just seems so uninspired to have the lineage that it does... I would say people are going to draw a lot of comparisons to SWTOR due to the console love being ported to MMO. Its going to be a tough sell for them and it isn't even all their fault but that's just business and people.

Tuconots
    "By far the worst experience of any online game is at it's launch when your trying to find your friends. You can't find people. You create a character on one shard, and then you find out everyone else is on another shard"

The fuck? That's the worst experience you've had in gaming?

Side Note: Which big name star do you think they'll hire to tell thousands of people at the starting zone that they're the chosen one?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Muligan View Post
    I think they should release it for about a year, close it down, and then reopen it 6 months later. The game just seems so uninspired to have the lineage that it does... I would say people are going to draw a lot of comparisons to SWTOR due to the console love being ported to MMO. Its going to be a tough sell for them and it isn't even all their fault but that's just business and people.
    How can you call it uninspired when all we know is that it's going to be an action oriented MMO with restricted hotbar skill combat, with 3 factions. It got the SWTOR comparison because they mentioned Hero Engine when they went public.

I think they will sell a shit load of boxes as long as the game feels polished. Whether or not the game is sticky is another question.

Thread Information