Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blood Bowl 2

Tuconots

Blood Bowl 2

Tuconots
    Very cool. Although I never got huge into the first it was quite fun until I put it down. Hopefully they find a good way of lessening the learning curve.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenks View Post
    Very cool. Although I never got huge into the first it was quite fun until I put it down. Hopefully they find a good way of lessening the learning curve.
    It isn't a hard game to grasp, it is just such a shitty UI all around and not even a little user friendly.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatorade View Post
    It isn't a hard game to grasp, it is just such a shitty UI all around and not even a little user friendly.
    Yeah the rules themselves aren't bad but I always got the feeling I was "doing it wrong." Like do I buy more cheerleaders? Do I buy star players? I guess it is hard to really teach the strategy behind all that.

And yeah the UI was an abomination

Tuconots
    Really looking forward for this game , but meanwhile we still have fun playing the first one!

Tuconots

Tuconots
    I've got almost 300 hours Steam time in Blood Bowl, and there is no way I could ever imagine trusting Cyanide to get it right a second time. Like even if Cutlery suddenly swooped back to the forums and proclaimed that BB2 was a textbook perfect port of the board game, I still wouldn't get BB2.

Between the half assed piss poor single player AI, the bugs, and the fact that they decided to make up their own shitty team instead of implementing the other missing teams or the missing star players that are pretty crucial to balanced league play, Cyanide can go fucking rot for all I care.
    Draegan is a faggoty piece of shit who sold the forum to mmorpg.com just to spite us. Register at the new site.

ReReRolled.org - A Gaming Community

Tuconots
    I don't like how there's only 8 teams at release for a full price game, and they expect you to pay for all the rest as dlc. "Oh most people don't care about having most of the teams, this way you only get the ones you like." Greedy ass mother fuckers. They learned a lot from Games Workshop.

Tuconots
    I want this game but not at full price. I think I will see if there is a pre-order deal or wait for a sale.

Tuconots
    This game is going to end up splitting the online community even more unless they offer some sort of discount incentive for previous owners of BB1. Once it comes out you'll have the BB1 diehards who won't leave, those still playing on the free FUMBBL java platform, and then whomever ends up purchasing BB2. I love the game but I am hard pressed to pick it up without any sort of discount if there are only 8 teams out for release.

Tuconots
    The fact that they're going to nickel and dime people to get all the teams means I wouldn't play this game even if I got a free copy.
    Draegan is a faggoty piece of shit who sold the forum to mmorpg.com just to spite us. Register at the new site.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinmad View Post
    The fact that they're going to nickel and dime people to get all the teams means I wouldn't play this game even if I got a free copy.
    For whatever reason the future keeps looking like the bleak 1980s cyberpunk mega corporations and unscrupulous business tactics that used to be funny in an outrageous way are coming true. Hooray for micro transactions.

Tuconots
    They are remaking blood bowl with better graphics, hopefully better UI and accessibility too. They do that and they get my money, how many times have we just asked for an updated version of a game and received nothing? Looking at you mutant league series...

Anyways, I am still pumped because they are (hopefully) giving us the game current players will love and maybe new players will be interested in.

Oblio if this game gets Decent reviews I will buy you a copy so when my goblin team kills two of yours players in a game I won't feel so bad.
    Last edited by Hatorade; 03-23-2015 at 02:29 PM.

Confirmed Beta Shitlord. Phazael's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Unless they are fast on putting all the teams in, I wont be rushing to jump over. I stopped playing the tablet version of BB1 because it was boring as fuck with 6 teams only.
    668 The Neighbor of the Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Erronious
    I don't F5 Rerolled often, but when I do, I'm waiting on nudes

Tuconots
    I can't wait to try this out, new graphics and a better looking UI? It's been a while since I played BB1, but I liked seeing exp gained by things like passes/tackles too or did the first one have those? I thought you only got exp for scoring a touchdown unless that was updated there.

Tuconots
    Blood Bowl THE VIDEO GAME Blood Bowl 2 : The Team management

Blood Bowl 2 : The Team management

In BloodBowl 2, YOU are the coach! That means team management is entirely up to you. Youwill recruit players forming your team, choose which ones will play thematches, upgrade theirs skills when they level up, and provide your team with extra staff to support it.

Each team may accept a maximum of 16 players, 11 of them to be picked to play on the pitch at the start of the match. After every touchdown before kick-off, and at half-time, you can change your set-up freely, switching active players between the pitch and those waiting for their hour of glory, or drawing from the reserve pool to replace casualties.

LEVELING UP

Playing matches in leagues will grant SPP, the “Star Player Points” (the Blood Bowl experience points) to your players. Please note that friendly matches don’t count – they are way too “friendly” to provide any experience to your players! Only exceptional actions will grant your players precious SPPs: achieving a pass (1 SPPs), scoring a touchdown (3 SPPs), managing an interception (2 SPPs) or making casualties among the opponent’s team (2SPPs). Additionally, the Most Valuable Players elected at the end of every match will earn 5 SPPs!

Once a player has stacked enough SPPs, they will be able to level up (up to 6 times). A two-dice roll (the “improvement roll”) will determine the development opportunity for that player. While you will always be able to pick one of the skills available to the player’s “normal” skill pool, specific dice result will let you pick other skills normally not available to this player, or, if you’re lucky, an extra characteristic point such as Strength, Agility, Armour Value or Movement Allowance.

DICE ROLL RESULT / AVAILABLE REWARD

2-9: A new Skill
    10: A new Skill OR Armor Value point OR Movement Allowance point
    11: A new Skill OR Agility point
    12: A new Skill OR Strength point
    Additionally, rolling a double will allow you to ignore the normal reward, and let you pick any skill from either the player’s normal skill pool, or their “double” pool. For example, a Human Blitzer normally has access to only General and Strength skills, but upon rolling a double you may also pick a skill from the Agility or Passing pool. Additionally, leveling a player up will increase their Player Value – and your overall Team Value.

Keep in mind though that your players are not immortal. They can get injured (temporary, or definitively) and even killed on the pitch. Also, even the lucky players who manage somehow to avoid getting maimed during their career will eventually retire. For every seven matches played, a player will gain one “year of careers”. After some years, and the closer he is to the maximum number of years (14), the bigger the chance for him to retire. You will need to manage your players wisely, recruiting rookies to train them and replace your older players, and/or making use of the new Player Marketplace to renew your pool of skilled, veteran players!

COACHING STAFF AND TEAM EXTRAS

While players are the bread and butter of every team, teams can’t be complete without Staff to support them and ‘extra services’!

These are some of the extra services you can hire or afford for your teams:

Team Re-roll: the Team-reroll lets you do exactly that: re-roll a failed dice roll! However, keep in mind there is no guarantee the new result will be better than the previous one… it could be worse!
    Apothecary: injuries, casualties, and even death is common on a Blood Bowl pitch. Having an Apothecary in your team will give you the opportunity to change the result of a casualty roll, one time per match, hopefully saving from certain doom one of your downed players. Keep in mind though, his medical license is probably forged, and a broken leg could very well turn into a painful death. Good thing you can choose between both the old and new result!
    Cheerleaders: most Blood Bowl teams have a troupe or two of cheerleaders both to inspire the team’s players and their fans. It’s the team’s cheerleaders’ job to whip the fans into a state of frenzy and lead the chanting and singing as the crowd’s shouts and howls build up to a deafening crescendo. The more cheerleaders you have on your team, the more likely you are to win the “Cheering Fans” kick-off event… you could get a free, extra re-roll out of that!
    Assistant Coaches: assistant coaches include offensive and defensive coordinators, special team coaches, personal trainers for your legendary players and numerous others. The more assistant coaches you have on your team, the more likely you are to win the “Brilliant Coaching” special event at kick-off for an extra team re-roll.
    Fan Factor: the Fan Factor represents how popular the team is, and can have important effects on the results of some special events during kick-off. The more you have, the higher the chance for the fans to go for the other team when they hurl a rock or when they invade the pitch… Additionally, having more fans grants you better gold rewards when the match is over!

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by k^M View Post
    I can't wait to try this out, new graphics and a better looking UI? It's been a while since I played BB1, but I liked seeing exp gained by things like passes/tackles too or did the first one have those? I thought you only got exp for scoring a touchdown unless that was updated there.
    Touchdown - 3 xp
    Cause Casualty - 2 xp
    Successful pass - 1 xp

Tuconots
    I think I'm going to start playing with my local league. Anyone have recommendations for getting miniatures and any other materials I may need since Games Workshop doesn't really support it any longer?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Djay View Post
    I think I'm going to start playing with my local league. Anyone have recommendations for getting miniatures and any other materials I may need since Games Workshop doesn't really support it any longer?
    This (Talk Fantasy Football Login) section of the Talk Fantasy Football forum might be a good place to start. This forum used to be TalkBloodBowl before a cease and desist letter from GW, and is one of the most popular posting communities for it that I remember.

Tuconots
    Official release date of September 22nd now.

I've been playing tabletop Blood Bowl for a couple months now and even played in a local tournament. Definitely a different experience...I didn't realize how little I knew the rules because I was relying on the computer doing all the backend stuff. Even for my Norse that I won our Rerolled league with, I realized I was not using Jump Up or Dauntless to their full potential.
    I didn't think I'd like painting miniatures, because I've never been an artist, but something about it relaxes me and the end result is rewarding. I got a Human team that was painted, but was missing a few pieces, so I started off just trying to match that paint job. I ordered a metal Norse team and putting that together was a pain in the ass, but I finally got the assembly done. There are so many details to get right with the painting, but I'm getting there slowly. Next up will be some plastic Amazons or Chaos. I only have the beastmen for the Chaos and need to find some Chaos Warriors I like.

Also playing in an online league I found called GOBBLN where I'm playing High Elves. We just started the season, but if anyone is interested in a league for next season:
    http://gobbln.com/

Tuconots
    There is something to be said for the more sporting nature of the table top community, too. Less murderball, more roster building, and people are civil. Every online league I have ever attempted has instantly degenerated into XP farms and murderball in under a season. The RR League was as close to replicating the civility of table top game as I ever saw.

Having said that, I won't trade all the team options for this, at least not right out of the gate. If I can't play my Zons, Ogres, and Nurgle teams, they can suck one.

Tuconots
    Well shit, preorder gets you either woodelves or lizardmen. That rubs me very wrong.

Pre-purchase Blood Bowl 2 on Steam

Tuconots
    Well shit, preorder gets you either woodelves or lizardmen. That rubs me very wrong.

Pre-purchase Blood Bowl 2 on Steam
    Yeah, I'm not happy about that either. I think I'm going to hold off for a Steam sale or something. I don't trust the game not to be buggy upon release and those teams will probably be part of a package later.

Tuconots
    Cyanide = garbage. And I'm leaning towards finally admitting the same thing about Games Workshop too. Anyone who buys this game is a filthy stinking communist.

Tuconots
    Unfortunately, if I want to play in good online leagues I'll probably have to make the switch eventually. I'm just going to try to hold out as long as possible until they fix the initial bugs and I can get it at a discount.

Tuconots
    Sept 22nd! Preorder now and get into beta AKA release because nothing will change for months if not years if ever.
    From the steam boards:

Problems Presently with Blood Bowl II
    Here is a list of problems so far with Blood Bowl II, as of the preorder beta going live.

These issues are primarily in regards to the PC version, though some may exist in the PS4/Xbox One. Issues below will be crossed off should they ever be resolved.

This list will try to stay as objective as possible

1. The number of graphics options available for the player to change in-game is appalling.

2. No in-game lobby to properly communicate with who you want to play a game with.

3. When joining a league, no way to tell what settings are in place.

4. The end turn button in the bottom right corner of the screen is too easy to misclick.

5. No change in a positional's visual appearance as they level up.

6. No ability to see the field squares at all times (G key in Blood Bowl)

7. No ability to see your/opponent's/all player names

8. Individual player running animations during formation setup cannot be disabled and waste considerable amounts of time.

9. No option to reduce the number of slow-motion Block animations to KOs/Stuns/Casualties only.

10. A one-line dice log with no ability to look at past rolls.

11. Game is locked to 60 FPS with no ability to change it, even through config.xml

12. In-game resolution and borderless window options do not exist in-game or in config.xml

13. No ability to rebind keys or controller inputs for any action.

14. Numerous skills such as Dodge and Block are permanently on and give the player no option to disable them for certain scenarios of play.

15. Subtitles for Bob Biford and Jim Johnson's commentary cannot be disabled in-game or via the .xml files, even if you mute the commentators volume.

16. English subtitles do not always match Bob and Jim's English voice over lines.

17. No ability to review/import/export replay files for analysis or offline viewing.

18. No ability to resume from replay/reconnect after three minutes of a disconnect.

19. No ability during a match to see what the active weather condition on the field means for the dice rolls/actions of play.

20. No ability to see your opponent's or your own team roster before purchasing inducements.

This list will be updated as more issues with the game are discovered.

Tuconots
    12. In-game resolution and borderless window options do not exist in-game or in config.xml
    Well shit, guess I won't be playing this after all.

Tuconots
    definitely a wait for a year or more to buy game.

Tuconots
    Yeah I love BB, and play the tabletop, but BB2 looks like they dropped the ball. Not gonna buy for me.

Tuconots

These issues are primarily in regards to the PC version, though some may exist in...
    Well shit... had some steam credit for games I returned last week and was thinking of picking this up. Was a toss up between this and Mordheim. Mordheim is too bare bones still to pick it up.

Tuconots
    Still going to buy it soon despite any issues it is blood bowl

Tuconots
    Huge step back from previous games.

Even for early access it seems early .. the lack of options make it feel like a leaked alpha. Too bad.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Phazael View Post
    There is something to be said for the more sporting nature of the table top community, too. Less murderball, more roster building, and people are civil. Every online league I have ever attempted has instantly degenerated into XP farms and murderball in under a season. The RR League was as close to replicating the civility of table top game as I ever saw.

Having said that, I won't trade all the team options for this, at least not right out of the gate. If I can't play my Zons, Ogres, and Nurgle teams, they can suck one.
    I can see that as an issue for sure but playing some games this weekend in the blood bowl 2 beta I have to say I was pretty pleasantly surprised had good opponents of similar skill level and had some good fun chatting back and forth. The match making system seems a lot better than what I recall it being although I did not play the chaos edition. It also seems to give a lot more good information about percentages dodging in and out of stuff and pass/catch data in an easier to find way which is very nice.

Tuconots
    Touchdown - 3 xp
    Cause Casualty - 2 xp
    Successful pass - 1 xp
    One thing to note a hand off is not considered a successful pass I thought it was in earlier editions but in playing last night they don't count which makes sense but still something to note.

Tuconots
    BB1 was so half-assed and shoddy that the only way I could imagine myself playing BB2 was if I got it for free, and even then I wouldn't be terribly enthused.

Tuconots
    A handoff shouldn't get points...if it ever did, it was a bug.

The admin of the league I was in last season is pushing hard for people to get BB2, but there's no way I am getting it at anywhere near full price with that list of bugs. I don't know why he insists on upgrading immediately instead of letting people stay in BB1 for another season, but I guess we'll soon see if I'm the only stick-in-the-mud or not.

I'm rooting for them to put out a great blood bowl game, but I'm not going to support a step backwards just because it has the name attached to it.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    One thing to note a hand off is not considered a successful pass I thought it was in earlier editions but in playing last night they don't count which makes sense but still something to note.
    Nope. It only counts as a pass if you actually have to make a successful pass check. You can manually force a pass even when you're in handoff range, but if you botch the roll your pass scatters like normal.

Tuconots
    Match making is frustrating. Constantly going against people with rating 100's of points above my own. Until 5 or 6 games in I matched against someone with level 3 and 4 players vs my fresh level 2 players. I lost 3 orcs in the first turn. A death, a stat loss, and one out for the next game. This is in the open league with 8? thousand registered players. I would rather wait a minute or two to find someone my own rating then what it currently is set up as.

Tuconots
    Between the half assed piss poor single player AI, the bugs, and the fact that they decided to make up their own shitty team instead of implementing the other missing teams or the missing star players that are pretty crucial to balanced league play, Cyanide can go fucking rot for all I care.
    I could look past the flaws in the original game, but I'd expect improvements in the second game. And so far from everything I've read, they've made as many steps backwards as forwards (if not more).

At best, this will go on my list for the Christmas Steam sale, if it goes for cheap one day. Kinda like I'll do with Wasteland 2, if that one is also as lackluster and disappointing as I've been reading.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
    Haha. Hey Alex, since apparently you're reading this, at least my version of FoH stayed relevant until 2012. You managed to turn it into a 5th-rate guild within months of me moving on to EVE and ceasing my recruitment activities. You really showed us all how amazing you are when you invited the entire IRC channel to the WoW guild and let Ravvenn alienate everybody but her 5 friends in your absence.

Navigating hypocrisy
    Tuconots
    BB1 was so half-assed and shoddy that the only way I could imagine myself playing BB2 was if I got it for free, and even then I wouldn't be terribly enthused.
    Genuinely curious, why did you play it for 300 hours? I see this kind of thing on Steam reviews a lot where someone trashes the game but has a lot of time in. Was it liking the core game idea and hoping they'd eventually fix things or what?

Right now, there's some guy who gave the game a negative review which was pretty harsh (not trolling) and he has 2k hours in. I don't get that.
    Last edited by DickTrickle; 09-15-2015 at 05:05 AM.

Tuconots
    Now you made me go look...

bloodbowl_Ihatemylifenow_lol.JPG

Biggest reason I have that many hours was that my old internet connection was balls and I would repeatedly disconnect all the time, so leagues and online play was out. So for a while I just played single player while doing homework or whatever the fuck else.
    Haha. Hey Alex, since apparently you're reading this, at least my version of FoH stayed relevant until 2012. You managed to turn it into a 5th-rate guild within months of me moving on to EVE and ceasing my recruitment activities. You really showed us all how amazing you are when you invited the entire IRC channel to the WoW guild and let Ravvenn alienate everybody but her 5 friends in your absence.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by DickTrickle View Post
    Genuinely curious, why did you play it for 300 hours? I see this kind of thing on Steam reviews a lot where someone trashes the game but has a lot of time in. Was it liking the core game idea and hoping they'd eventually fix things or what?

Right now, there's some guy who gave the game a negative review which was pretty harsh (not trolling) and he has 2k hours in. I don't get that.
    I went full autism mode on the single player for a couple months before the RR leagues started. It's a lot easier to overlook the flaws the game has when you're just stomping the terrible AI for lulz. When you're actually playing against real people in a league, things that seem trivial actually change things quite a bit. Like them adding less than half of the star players, and specifically leaving out all the chainsaw star players? Being able to take a chainsaw is actually a pretty big deal when you're playing against a team with a significantly higher TV than yours due to how efficient chainsaws are at fouls.

Tuconots
    Also games can take up to 2 hours to complete if you're running 4 minute turns and getting close to the max each time.

Tuconots
    SAVE23-WITHGM-GSEP15 GMG save 10.00 bucks on preorder but no beta access, I pulled the trigger after watching this dude.

Twitch
    Last edited by Hatorade; 09-16-2015 at 05:32 AM.

Tuconots
    I feel dumb, the match making number isn't an elo style system. It's the point value of your team itself. Now I wonder what the match maker works off of.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwazaru View Post
    I feel dumb, the match making number isn't an elo style system. It's the point value of your team itself. Now I wonder what the match maker works off of.

I think it tries to go to even teams point value wise but if that is not an option it can match higher teams with lowers but the lower team winds up getting a bunch of incentives. Like with my test dwarf team I had lost my first match and had one guy die so my team value was at like 890 or something like that. Opponents human team was at 1350 for team value so I thought oh crap this is going to be ugly. But I wound up getting like 340k in incentives bought a bunch of rerolls and some other stuff and wound up winning the match handily. helps that in the second half I had killed 3 of his players and ko'ed about half his team. GO DWARVES.

Tuconots
    Unlocks 4AM CST.

Tuconots
    Yup tonight going to try and check out the single player campaign just to blow some more rust off my skills before diving back into leagues.

Tuconots
    They fixed almost all the issues previously posted, mainly being able to turn off those slow replays when blocking, really speeds things up. And they moved the end turn button.
    Last edited by Hatorade; 09-22-2015 at 05:34 PM.

Tuconots
    9 games in and there's the first rage quit. Every single dwarf on my lineup has tackle save the runner, and 4 surrounding an elf, mf'er dodges all 4 of them to run into the endzone?

RNG gonna RNG, but fucks sake how does that work.

Tuconots
    I bought it and played a few hours, but just submitted for a refund.

A) UI is horrible and clunky, just seems slow and hard to move players
    B) Camera Angle forcing you to always auto center on enemy player is super annoying
    C) Crashed 3 times during games, and before you tell me to update drivers, I did everything I was supposed to.
    D) The skill icons are cute, but having to click each player and mouse over them to see what they all do is super annoying.
    E) No grid

Could go on and on, but as predicted game is clunky and unfinished, I will wait a few months/years until it is fixed and take another look.

Tuconots
    I can't form my own team in campaign mode?
    Please tell me I can play a campaign against the AI using a team I formed (just like the original)...
    “If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth." - Joseph Goebbels

Tuconots
    9 games in and there's the first rage quit. Every single dwarf on my lineup has tackle save the runner, and 4 surrounding an elf, mf'er dodges all 4 of them to run into the endzone?

RNG gonna RNG, but fucks sake how does that work.
    The difficulty of a dodge depends on how many tackle zones you're moving into, not how many tackle zones you're moving out of. So assuming your guys are spaced out evenly to make an X or a +, he's at a -2 for the first dodge and has no penalty for the second dodge. He needed a 4+ for the first dodge and then only a 2+ for the second. The only thing tackle means is that he can't use his dodge skill to reroll a failure. That's why you never box an elf in like that, you put one or two guys in base to base and then spread the rest of your guys out in his path so he has to make as many dodges as possible to move the ball forward.

Incidentally, Dwarves are not a very good team. Terribly mobility and ball handling so they're bad at scoring, and don't hit very hard. Even once you've gotten them skilled up into an unbreakable wall of guard, they'll still be bad at scoring. Play Orks if you want a bashy team that can still score ok.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalan View Post
    I bought it and played a few hours, but just submitted for a refund.

A) UI is horrible and clunky, just seems slow and hard to move players
    B) Camera Angle forcing you to always auto center on enemy player is super annoying
    C) Crashed 3 times during games, and before you tell me to update drivers, I did everything I was supposed to.
    D) The skill icons are cute, but having to click each player and mouse over them to see what they all do is super annoying.
    E) No grid

Could go on and on, but as predicted game is clunky and unfinished, I will wait a few months/years until it is fixed and take another look.
    Watched a few streams of this and a lot of guys are saying the game is sorta more friendly towards new players, but for veteran players it is a definite step back from BB1. Another big issues is you can't look at your opponent roster while picking inducements before game start, nor can you turn on text describing each player position so you know which players are your blitzers or whatever.

Lizardmen are out supposeably though so if you picked them as a DLC race check to see if you can play them yet.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura View Post
    I can't form my own team in campaign mode?
    Please tell me I can play a campaign against the AI using a team I formed (just like the original)...
    You can do it you just need to form a league and do a solo league. Then you can pick one of the various bowls that are premade or make one yourself to compete in. I was doing this last night with bretonians. The campaign is pretty much an extended tutorial of how to play the game it seems.

Tuconots
    The difficulty of a dodge depends on how many tackle zones you're moving into, not how many tackle zones you're moving out of. So assuming your guys are spaced out evenly to make an X or a +, he's at a -2 for the first dodge and has no penalty for the second dodge. He needed a 4+ for the first dodge and then only a 2+ for the second. The only thing tackle means is that he can't use his dodge skill to reroll a failure. That's why you never box an elf in like that, you put one or two guys in base to base and then spread the rest of your guys out in his path so he has to make as many dodges as possible to move the ball forward.

Incidentally, Dwarves are not a very good team. Terribly mobility and ball handling so they're bad at scoring, and don't hit very hard. Even once you've gotten them skilled up into an unbreakable wall of guard, they'll still be bad at scoring. Play Orks if you want a bashy team that can still score ok.
    Dwarves biggest advantage is they are all pretty highly skilled so they tend to win even match ups on rolls and have high armor value. So the do tend to lose some games early in a season. But their overall durability tends to mean that over the course of a league play you lose a lot less cash to having to replace casualties and the guys you get stick around longer to get more skills. Having nearly everybody on your team start with block is pretty good and with troll slayer support you can fight the big guys off pretty well.

But yes especially in a one off game they have challanges. It is really hard for them to score so in a single one off game elves are nearly always going to beat them simply because they just need to get lucky on few dodges and bam they scored. Dwarves take pretty much an entire half to grind their way down the field.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkor View Post
    Watched a few streams of this and a lot of guys are saying the game is sorta more friendly towards new players, but for veteran players it is a definite step back from BB1. Another big issues is you can't look at your opponent roster while picking inducements before game start, nor can you turn on text describing each player position so you know which players are your blitzers or whatever.

Lizardmen are out supposeably though so if you picked them as a DLC race check to see if you can play them yet.

Gah I forgot to check if I could make a lizard man team last night as I was putzing around with bretonians. The lizardman teams are typically pretty nasty. The saurus are all str 4 so you have some seriously dangerous line beasts and their skinks while squishy are all agil 4 so its like having a black ork line and squishy elf runners/catchers. They are one of the bashiest teams I played in previous versions that was still capable of rapid scoring if needed.

Tuconots
    Got it on the console for mucking about. As someone who played a lot of CE, my observations are:

Pros-
    AI seems better in some ways, mainly when it comes to forming cages correctly and prioritizing easy actions over hard ones.
    Graphics are a vast improvement.
    The UI is decent for console play and the controller works fairly well, once you get used to it.
    Actions are presented as percentages, making for easier decision making.
    Setting up custom formations by team is fairly easy and it actually remembers them.
    Lots more announcer dialog.

Cons-
    Cyanide is altering some of the core rules and rosters of the table game, with no actual testing to determine the balance ramifications. The stadium rules are the most game breaking.
    Graphics are limited to very few models, making all the crowds look like generic humans and telling individual team mates apart at a glance difficult.
    The AI still has no concept of crowd surfing, turn number, or aggressive scoring. It also hordes rerolls unnecessarily. Further, there are not difficultly level settings for the AI.
    Campaign is slow, boring, and teaches new players bad habits.
    Computer still cheats with the dice massively, just now there is no log. Might be a bug in the RNG as most of the time rerolls result in the exact roll you just made.
    Initial team roster is fairly bland and lacking certain iconic teams (Wood Elves, Goblins, anything undead) in the mix. And yet they had time to make the really shitty Brettonian roster....
    AI spends the entire timer doing nothing, then the clock freezes at 2 seconds while it rattles off all its actions in a row, making playing it very ponderous and boring.
    Easy access to player information does not exist anywhere in the UI. In fact, the entire UI seems designed to discourage data mining of any kind.
    Excess money above 150k counts against TV, leading to having to do the tedious process of hiring and firing staff to maintain TV, which is beyond dumb and accomplishes nothing except adding tedium.
    They appear to want to implement aging, which we all know will basically just favor certain squads (which is why the LRB community abandoned it three versions ago).
    Inability to fast forward animations in either turns or setup extends the length of games by nearly double in some cases. Compounding this is the fact that you lose clock time while these animations are going on.
    They recast Ogre Bob and the new voice actor sounds like shit.
    Matchmaking is beyond shit in this game if you play in public leagues.
    Private league play has next to zero customizations options for the managers.

We'll see where this game ends up after more patching and how expensive it will be to buy back the teams we already had, but right now its a "buy if you are a fan, wait otherwise" title.

Tuconots
    Cyanide is altering some of the core rules and rosters of the table game, with no actual testing to determine the balance ramifications. The stadium rules are the most game breaking.
    Well that settles it. Under no circumstances would I ever play this game even if it was offered to me free. The shit they did with making up a team and leaving out star players in the original was bad enough.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkor View Post

Apparently the makers of this posted if you preordered via steam you are getting both teams not just the one you picked. and for other day one purchasers who did not preorder but got it first day are getting lizards for free.

Tuconots
    Got it on the console for mucking about. As someone who played a lot of CE, my observations are:

AI spends the entire timer doing nothing, then the clock freezes at 2 seconds while it rattles off all its actions in a row, making playing it very ponderous and boring.
    This may be something specific to console, I have not seen this happen even once on PC. Does seem like a shitty glitch/bug if so.

I haven't come across most of these cons but not being a pro player, may be something I'll run into down the road. They use the rerolls they have (usually 2-4) to avoid ko's quite often, cheating is kinda RNG-ish but I've had a few lucky strings so hard to say.

I don't know how people make so much money that it'd impact team value, I finished an 8 game tournament broke though if it's a longer campaign maybe thats how?

Tuconots
    Well that settles it. Under no circumstances would I ever play this game even if it was offered to me free. The shit they did with making up a team and leaving out star players in the original was bad enough.
    After some public outcry they added an option to private league creation to allow the disabling of Aging, but didn't put in a way to get rid of stadiums (nor any of the other changes they did like increasing Orc Blitzer costs). These changes wouldn't be as annoying if you could just turn them off but they were too damn lazy to even do that correctly.

I'll be sticking to FUMBBL/BB1 for now unless they implement some drastic changes to BB2, or the inevitable complete edition comes out with all races on a steep discount. The new game just doesn't bring anything truly meaningful to the table beyond prettier graphics and the percentage display for actions. They could have done something interesting with a cosmetic store like DOTA2 or League but instead they'll nickle and dime out core features of the game (races) which is a way bigger turnoff.

Tuconots
    I don't know how people make so much money that it'd impact team value, I finished an 8 game tournament broke though if it's a longer campaign maybe thats how?
    Take a durable bash team, like Orcs, to a high enough Team Value and you'll run into this. Doesn't take long to stack up 12 or 13 greenskins and Apothecary then the rest of your money is just used to fill in deaths on the roster or players retiring from too many stat downs or niggling injuries.

Inflated treasuries for some teams is a legit annoyance that there were talks about between Jarvis and the rest of the LRB team but then Games Workshop shut all that down and the rules have frozen in time for years. A more interesting approach to this from Cyanide would have been to implement the rules completely vanilla by default, and then add in a bunch of optional stuff on top of it that you could enable for private leagues. They could have taken polls for the community on house rules like this, or hell they could have added in some sort of mod support for thinking up house rules to let league managers run wild with.

Tuconots
    To add to what Funkor said, there are some teams that simply do not have the need or means to spend excess money, some of them extremely early in their development. In the RR league, I ran Zons three times and by the end I had nearly 2 million in treasury with no desire to spend any of it. I had the 13 players I needed and enough to replace the odd dead one here and there. I had 3 RRs. I had an apot. I had 2-3 assistants and cheer leaders. I really did not want to add three more galls and go deep into the spiraling expenses. Worse than that, I really did not want to buy inducements with excess money because I am conferring the same extra inducement cash to my opponent. So my treasury built up. If you play Flings or Gobos, you hit that wall even sooner.

The dumb part is that you basically have to buy/sell staff to keep the 150 you are allowed, which bypasses the whole mechanic with just the added tedium of doing that bullshit. At that point, why bother? No one is going to burn those war chests as they have no practical value to a developed roster, so all it adds is some tedium every match. The TV problem is as old as bloodbowl itself (and closely tied to the over the top bash issue) and this two second half assed attempt to fix it accomplished jack squat.

Tuconots
    They recast Ogre Bob and the new voice actor sounds like shit.
    That alone made me wince when I first watched the preview trailers.

Tuconots
    Another fun fuckup they did:

Journeymen replacement players if your roster shrinks below 11 players are done as part of the inducement phase of the game, instead of post match. So players can farm out a Chaos team with 4 max level Chaos Warriors if they want, fire all of their beastmen, and their TV with only the 4 Warriors + Apoth would be something like 1110. So they'll get matched against lowish teams, get their free 7 beastmen to fill up the roster, and proceed to stomp a near rookie team to death. This is only a concern for public leagues since private ones can police bullshit farm teams but it would be nice if they could do the damn journeymen rules correctly.

Tuconots
    Steam Community :: Group Announcements :: Blood Bowl 2 get your DLC if you haven't already.

Tuconots
    I never played the first version, so I do not have the attachment to the quirks and teams of the Chaos edition. Blood Bowl 2 is frustrating and infuriating in a way a game hasn't been in a good while. I'm having a blast despite it all. If someone starts up a league let me know. I'll pick one of the teams I haven't played yet and dive in.

Tuconots
    Curious ya'lls thoughts on this - I tend to favor more bashy races (orc, dwarf) because comparatively it seems a bit smoother over all. I tried out an elf team to see how it played out with pass/running game instead and I want to like it, but it seems that in the time it takes you to score enough td's to even get block on half your team they are likely dead/injured. Same with the thrower, if I get 1 point per successful pass it would take quite a few games to even level one of those up.

For those of you that prefer that game, where do you fill in the gap in leveling players up vs. being a punching bag when blocks aren't reliable comparative to a team with block/tackle/guard?

Tuconots
    Curious ya'lls thoughts on this - I tend to favor more bashy races (orc, dwarf) because comparatively it seems a bit smoother over all. I tried out an elf team to see how it played out with pass/running game instead and I want to like it, but it seems that in the time it takes you to score enough td's to even get block on half your team they are likely dead/injured. Same with the thrower, if I get 1 point per successful pass it would take quite a few games to even level one of those up.

For those of you that prefer that game, where do you fill in the gap in leveling players up vs. being a punching bag when blocks aren't reliable comparative to a team with block/tackle/guard?
    With fast teams the key is to limit them to 1 block per turn, there blitz and also make sure you arent trying to go toe to toe in a bash off. Use your agi/speed to make presicion strikes and only put enough pressure that they want to score but not so much that they cant. High scoring games are in your favour. A good bashy team should win the game 1-0 or 2-1 against you. If your doing it right the final should be 3-2/4-3.

Tuconots
    I never played the first version, so I do not have the attachment to the quirks and teams of the Chaos edition. Blood Bowl 2 is frustrating and infuriating in a way a game hasn't been in a good while. I'm having a blast despite it all. If someone starts up a league let me know. I'll pick one of the teams I haven't played yet and dive in.
    I play with RL and i always play 1 game with them to teach them de basic of the game because it can be really frustrating but once you get it the game is really fun

Tuconots
    Are crashed online matches still lost or do they get saved ? My biggest concerned was the disconnections during match or league play....it's the suck.

Tuconots

With elf teams a lot of it is get as many people as possible out of tackle zones at the end of your turn. Basically everybody who is not smashing somebody in the face should take at least one step back and with their high agility baring nuffle being angry you should succeed most of the times. This highly limits how much damage even the bashiest team can inflict as they can only blitz once per turn.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    With elf teams a lot of it is get as many people as possible out of tackle zones at the end of your turn. Basically everybody who is not smashing somebody in the face should take at least one step back and with their high agility baring nuffle being angry you should succeed most of the times. This highly limits how much damage even the bashiest team can inflict as they can only blitz once per turn.
    Even when doing that you still lose people, I won four to zero last game with wood elves but one dude still died and 3 others injured. Welcome to blood bowl.

Tuconots
    Yup when playing a squishy team you just have to accept you are going to get some casualties. At least they auto fill your team to a certain level if you take to much damage. Also if you lose enough folks eventually you can ride the incentive train and get some real face smashers to even the odds a bit.

But if you are in a longer league there is something to be said for the bashier teams longevity.

Tuconots
    Even when doing that you still lose people, I won four to zero last game with wood elves but one dude still died and 3 others injured. Welcome to blood bowl.
    Even with bashy teams though there are no guarantees in bloodbowl. I played a pickup league match with a bretonnian team against dwarves. My blitzers killed both of his troll slayers dead. It is one nice thing about skaven or chaos teams being able to pick up regeneration to have a chance to avoid the doom.

Tuconots
    You can use good positioning against average players (or the AI) to minimize the hurt. Also, don't do unnecessary blocks/fouls. The less you hit, the less you get hit back. Play the ball and get enough of a lead that you can soft defend and make the opponent spend all game driving one TD. Injuries are going to happen, just make sure it happens to the linemen.

Tuconots
    Is it normal for Dark Elves to have 3-6 injured guys every match or am I playing this wrong?
    I never had this problem in the first one.
    “If you repeat a lie often enough, it becomes the truth." - Joseph Goebbels

Tuconots
    I wanted to add that I have been playing the game a bit (PS4 in the bedroom and its a good bedtime game) and have come to a point where the game is just not playable for me. I do like the AI on the whole, but the RNG cheating is so blatant and the length of time the AI spends on each turn is just plain ridiculous. There is not anything in the game that lets you log dice rolls, which becomes immediately obvious if you do it manually. I played five games yesterday and paused after every die roll for my team to note the result when it was a 1 or a skull, using a dark elf team for these games. Out of 313 dice rolls I made, nearly half (142) were ones/skulls. About halfway through this demoralizing exercise, I started keeping track of rerolls that duplicated the exact previous result (because three double skulls rerolled into double skulls in a row caught my attention) and found that these also had an absurdly high rate. I am not saying the game is cheating by design, but there is clearly something fucked up with their RNG in this game. I accept that bad rolls happen in bunches, but those games are so far off the reservation that it just adds to the aggravation. As in, I seriously just about through the controller through my TV after three turns of CPU sits for 2.5 minutes then rattles off all its moves with the clock frozen at 3 second, then I start with double skull block rerolled into double skull block for the five seconds of my turn. It might be a console related issue, but even so this game is really only worth getting for the console.

Tuconots
    It's probably way too early to tell that it's a global problem and not just some incredibly bad rolls in a vacuum.

It is weird that they say the AI is script and server driven, I hadn't seen that before.

The long wait on AI turns is just one thing amongst many that makes me want to hold off on buying it.

Tuconots
    Is there no speedup/timeskip like there was in the first one? Grinding out games vs AI would be completely miserable without that =\

Tuconots
    I started a Chaos team and after a few games I start getting bitched at for "yet another Chaos kill team." And more than a few insta concedes. My Orc team was more bashy then what I am now. What gives?

Tuconots
    I started a Chaos team and after a few games I start getting bitched at for "yet another Chaos kill team." And more than a few insta concedes. My Orc team was more bashy then what I am now. What gives?
    The community right now is shit to be honest, I have seen only one other person talking while playing the rest are completely silent or only bitch when they feel unlucky despite my efforts to be friendly.

Tuconots
    Well, chaos teams have a rep from the previous games for bee-lining for ClPoMb builds, which even their linemen can easily get. In table top, building a team like that tends to get you punched in the face and/or ejected from leagues, but in the anonymous online world people farm up those teams constantly. I don't even bother playing public leagues, because 99% of the time its either farmed up murder teams or rage quitters. This past year, even the structured leagues were getting like this, too. Basically people see Chaos and assume a CPOMB roster with artificially suppressed TV, so if they are playing the game legitimately why get their players murdered by that shit? This is especially the case at low TV, because it takes a little bit for the Elf and Human rosters to get Wrestle/Dodge on the linemen, so one game with a murder team (esp with the wonky dice RNG) can take several clean games to recover from. The problem gets tempered a bit when Zons and Norse are added to the metagame, since built in Block or Dodge at low TV shuts down those teams, but it looks like Cyanide is going to take a long ass time to do that.

Personally, I don't mind Chaos nearly as much as Dwarves. If I have dodge on a couple key guys, I can evade most of the bullshit at low and mid TV. Dwarves, however, get this giant wall of Guard/Block/Tackle in virtually no time at all, then every game degenerates into cage fests of 2d blocks where your skills mean dick. By the time you have the needed skills to deal with it, the Dwarves are already rocking lots of Stand Firm and POMB, all while still being lower TV than most other teams. Every time I have seen dwarves played in league format, the league usually tanks that season. So fucking boring and annoying to play with or against.....

Tuconots
    You can try joining one of the larger private leagues that have some moderation to police crap like instant forfeits. Mister Hadwick is a good one for the PC community that started in BB1, but if you're on console I don't know of any off the top of my head.

Tuconots
    You can join GOBBLN (GOBBLN Forum Index page) if you're on PC. Just be warned that there are some really top-end players in that league, even in the "newbie" division. They're moving to BB2, so I won't be playing there until they go back to BB1 or BB2 gets fixed and drops in price to a level I feel comfortable supporting them at.

Tuconots
    Well, chaos teams have a rep from the previous games for bee-lining for ClPoMb builds, which even their linemen can easily get. In table top, building a team like that tends to get you punched in the face and/or ejected from leagues, but in the anonymous online world people farm up those teams constantly. I don't even bother playing public leagues, because 99% of the time its either farmed up murder teams or rage quitters. This past year, even the structured leagues were getting like this, too. Basically people see Chaos and assume a CPOMB roster with artificially suppressed TV, so if they are playing the game legitimately why get their players murdered by that shit? This is especially the case at low TV, because it takes a little bit for the Elf and Human rosters to get Wrestle/Dodge on the linemen, so one game with a murder team (esp with the wonky dice RNG) can take several clean games to recover from. The problem gets tempered a bit when Zons and Norse are added to the metagame, since built in Block or Dodge at low TV shuts down those teams, but it looks like Cyanide is going to take a long ass time to do that.

Personally, I don't mind Chaos nearly as much as Dwarves. If I have dodge on a couple key guys, I can evade most of the bullshit at low and mid TV. Dwarves, however, get this giant wall of Guard/Block/Tackle in virtually no time at all, then every game degenerates into cage fests of 2d blocks where your skills mean dick. By the time you have the needed skills to deal with it, the Dwarves are already rocking lots of Stand Firm and POMB, all while still being lower TV than most other teams. Every time I have seen dwarves played in league format, the league usually tanks that season. So fucking boring and annoying to play with or against.....
    I do take Claw and MB, but I don't usually take PO. Personal preference I guess.

But I don't really know what people want you to do with Chaos, really. They have always felt like a team designed to murderball to some degree, and I can't really blame people for playing them that way. I probably play them that way to a large degree. If I wanted some namby-pamby passing team I would play Elves. But I also have played Chaos in pretty much every game system GW has ever made, largely because of that particular style of play and aesthetic.

I guess I wouldn't mind a league where Claw isn't allowed, for example, and maybe I'd take things like tentacles or PHT (off the top of my head) as something of a challenge. I still like Tent and PHT and take them on occasion. But IMHO Claw is just damn good against AV.

As to Iwazaru getting flak after a few games...WTF? Chaos isn't remotely a killteam after a few games. Christ almighty, I'd almost say that they're terrible w/o a lot of skills like Block to start off with.

Tuconots
    Well the thing is, chaos actually can make a descent all around roster. Most of the squad gets access to general skills and have solid stat lines, so you can build with a focus on moving the ball if you want to. Its just that no one does that, because griefing the fuck out of people by putting half of someone's roster in the injured box is what gets some people off. This is also why Chaos rosters are hated, because bashy chaos can actually hurt other bashy rosters, mostly due to claw and horns. Finesse teams don't usually give a shit about claw, because their AV is low to begin with. And while listening to a dwarf player complain about being out bashed is music to my ears, the anonymous nature of the game combined with the huge replacement costs for skill rosters really encourage bash and murder rosters, especially if you manipulate your TV.

Now I am not a strictly anti bash guy, but I prefer teams that generalize a bit and try to move the ball. You can make a competitive chaos roster that moves the ball, but has its Mino there to enforce the no bullshit policy. You can make elves that mosh it up by loading up on wrestle, tackle, and so on. But usually people in online build these rosters that heavily exploit one aspect, especially in open leagues where farm rosters plague the system. I personally like taking a roster and making it do the opposite thing, but that's just me.

Tuconots
    Now I am not a strictly anti bash guy, but I prefer teams that generalize a bit and try to move the ball. You can make a competitive chaos roster that moves the ball, but has its Mino there to enforce the no bullshit policy.
    I guess it depends on what you envision when you say "moving the ball". If walking a cage down the field is ok, I guess I do that? I def wouldn't camp, but I don't want to take unnecessary risks either. If someone throws caution to the wind and attacks my cage, I'm a bit hesitant to have someone leave the cage to sprint off towards the endzone unless time is short. There's too many teams that are quick enough to pick off a loner, and caging kinda makes you commit to a certain type of playstyle, I guess. But when playing certain teams I kinda feel like caging is a necessity, otherwise someone will sprint in, strip ball and...well, GL with that.

If I'm playing against AI and I have a guy ready to score a few rounds before halftime, maybe I'll camp him at the endzone and keep bashing for a couple turns for SPP. I don't think I'd do that against a player, though. That's just a dick move.

I might skill a few beastman up with pass/kickoff/reception skills, but I really like having them with block/tackle and maybe a couple 'murder' beastmen to blitz with (in addition to Mino). CW though, after block/guard/MB maybe, I'll usually grab claw if I can because fuck it.

Tuconots
    Any team with AG3 can work throwing the ball, especially with cheap rerolls. Form a semi cage around the ball or a hand off relay guy, and you can force the defender to assign guys to deal with deep recievers instead of just bum rushing the cage. The cage is not the end all/be all of the game, its just the easiest strategy to understand and execute. In fact, the only reason it works as well as it does in BB1 online is because Grab is still broken and won't work on a blitz like it is supposed to. One or two grab guys pretty much makes caging extremely less powerful. But I totally get that in certain matchups and game situations you want to do a cage crawl down the field, its just as boring as fuck and all dwarves can do. In fact one of the main reasons I enjoy playing zons more than any other team is the flexibility of being either a pass or cage team if the situation demands. A game of perpetual cage up and murderball is just plain no fun, which is why many private leagues evaporate and the public one is such a shitshow.

Also, if you want to move the ball without caging all the time, dump off is an excellent skill.

Tuconots
    I guess I don't know what to say, then, other than I really don't want to have to go out of my way to build a bashy team as something else entirely. I already thought I was doing ok by not really using PO, not giving everyone claw, and not making every single model a 'kill' unit, but the gist I'm getting is that to make some people happy I'd have to go completely out of my way to not cage half the time and play Chaos as an entirely different team? FFS, why not just ban teams like Chaos altogether?

Makes me happy I don't do hardcore league play now more than ever.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Erronius View Post
    I guess I don't know what to say, then, other than I really don't want to have to go out of my way to build a bashy team as something else entirely. I already thought I was doing ok by not really using PO, not giving everyone claw, and not making every single model a 'kill' unit, but the gist I'm getting is that to make some people happy I'd have to go completely out of my way to not cage half the time and play Chaos as an entirely different team? FFS, why not just ban teams like Chaos altogether?

Makes me happy I don't do hardcore league play now more than ever.
    Imo play how you want and if people are whiny cunts who forfeit turn 1 then enjoy the free MVPs and winnings.

Tuconots
    LOL DLC Teams are 8 bucks a pop on PS4. You have to own them to even see them as an opponent in single player. So that's another 130 bucks if you want the game with all the teams. This is looking more and more like a wait a year to buy it game.

PS- And now the BB1 servers are turned off. Well, that was fun while it lasted.....
    Last edited by Phazael; 09-30-2015 at 02:40 PM.

Tuconots
    Whoa they turned off the BB1 servers this quickly, before there even is decent roster of teams available in BB2?

What a fucking dick move!

Tuconots
    Did they really shut down BB1 servers with no notice?

NM looks like it was just a reboot or something.
    Last edited by Hatorade; 09-30-2015 at 03:09 PM.

Tuconots
    Good that would have been asinine since they don't even have any undead teams in the game yet. I'm not going to bother with BB2 until their team roster gets alot more fleshed out.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Harkon View Post
    Good that would have been asinine since they don't even have any undead teams in the game yet. I'm not going to bother with BB2 until their team roster gets alot more fleshed out.
    This was my first thought but I want them to have the revenue from a day one purchase thus allowing them to make more teams and eventually/hopefully all of them to date to include Khemri, Slann and Underworld. I love a good goblins vs Halfling match and would love to see them next but I imagine Norse and Nurgle are next.

Tuconots
    Actually, the rumor is they are dropping Nurgle from the game (but keeping Khorne?) based on resources found in the PC files. Balance wise, the undead teams, Norse, and Zons are important to get into the mix as early as possible.

Tuconots
    This was brought to my attention, no idea how it works etc.

You can get Blood Bowl 2 for as low as 5 bucks.

Blood Bowl 2 STEAM CD-KEY RU/CIS - Buy cheap - G2A.COM

Make a fresh steam account using VPN (ie: vpnreactor.com) or something from a Russian IP. There's free trials you can use. Activate the game on that account, and you're good to go (VPN not required past activation).

Tuconots
    This was my first thought but I want them to have the revenue from a day one purchase thus allowing them to make more teams
    Or maybe don't give them money for their shitty games and just maybe GW will give the BB license to a studio that isn't total garbage.

Thread Information