Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Heroes (Diablo + Marvel Ultimate Alliance) FTP MMO

Tuconots

Marvel Heroes (Diablo + Marvel Ultimate Alliance) FTP MMO

I'm amazed there isn't a post about this game. It just went into closed beta a few months ago. It's head up by David Brevik formally of Blizzard North (good and bad given he worked on Hellgate as well). You can find the beta sign ups here.

Either way I'm somewhat excited. I distinctly remember playing Marvel Ultimate Alliance and thinking it would do well in a Diablo style setting with more loot. You can find the heroes list here.

Main Concerns are

1) Will loot add a distinct look to characters, or will Wolverine always have the same set of claws?

2) Will they end up having enough costumes for people to look different then every other person that picked the same character?

3) Last but not least, will they have diverse skillsets that are all decently powerful? I know each character is going to have three trees, but I'm curious with 26 characters how much depth those skill trees will actually have.

Tuconots
    Is this even a mmorpg?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Traak View Post
    Is this even a mmorpg?
    Seems more like Diablo to me, which I wouldn't consider an MMO, but if you read their site it clearly states

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Site
    Marvel Heroes is a free-to-play MMO Action RPG created by David Brevik, the visionary behind Diablo.

Tuconots
    So you make your own unique character with name, stats, and look or do you play the marvel characters?

Tuconots
    You lying bastard. "Marvel Heroes is a FREE-TO-PLAY action-packed massively multiplayer online game created by David Brevik, the visionary behind Diablo and Diablo 2." You added the RPG part. You are not on my level bro, just plug while you still can.

Tuconots
    Capture.JPG
    You lying bastard. "Marvel Heroes is a FREE-TO-PLAY action-packed massively multiplayer online game created by David Brevik, the visionary behind Diablo and Diablo 2." You added the RPG part. You are not on my level bro, just plug while you still can.

Tuconots
    So I role play Wolverine? Sounds retarded and not an MMORPG, please move this thread out of MMORPG General. Also the info you posted differs from what I read when I clicked About the Game. Sounds like they dont have their shit together either.

Tuconots
    It clearly states it's an MMO RPG on their website. Not sure why you're trying to troll him Traak.

Whether it truely is or not, we won't know until we play it.
    PSN - Vithe | WiiU - VitheU | Steam - WiZZiE82 | battle.net - Vithe#1343

Tuconots
    Not trolling, this is what I read when I click on game info. https://marvelheroes.com/about/game-info

Like I said, they describe it as an action mmo here and I guess an MMORPG somewhere else. Not my fault they dont have their shit together. Unless it is like DCUO and not super smash bros, it is not an mmorpg.
    Last edited by Traak; 12-12-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Tuconots
    So what's got your panties in a twist? That they're calling it an MMO and it's in the MMO section?

Not sure if serious...

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    So what's got your panties in a twist? That they're calling it an MMO and it's in the MMO section?

Not sure if serious...
    This game is diablo like yet diablo is in the non-mmorpg section. mmo != mmorpg.

I guess when a section is called MMORPG I assume it is about MMORPG. my bad.

Tuconots
    Dude, I really don't care about which "forum" it's in. I just read the description and figured this would fit. I'm looking for some real discussion about the game. If I'm cluttering up all the chatter about EQNext and WoW 5.1283823239 then a mod should move it so that real discussion can continue.

Tuconots
    Well from what I seen on the site looks pretty bad. I'd rather play DCUO then this.

Tuconots
    in this game you play the Marvel characters themselves. It is very Diablo like from what I've seen. There is a story though. But I am not convinced its a full fledged MMORPG.

Tuconots
    Samwise the whinnest poster on any board. We want to talk about games not bitch out what ever bullshit OCD problem you have.

That being said, The graphics look horrible but it has an interesting concept

Tuconots
    This game is diablo like yet diablo is in the non-mmorpg section. mmo != mmorpg.

I guess when a section is called MMORPG I assume it is about MMORPG. my bad.
    Diablo, torchlight, path of exile, etc are not massively multiplayer.

They are calling it "massively", which implies persistent world of some kind.

Tuconots
    From what I have seen of the game, there is no persistent world and this isn't an MMO in my book.

Tuconots
    Ya I might have came off as being an ass but I wouldn't even call this a mmo let alone a mmorpg

Tuconots
    Rock Paper Shotgun was invited to a press event to see the game and posted a review:

Marvel Heroes, in its current beta form, is dreadful. Let’s be clear – it’s not finished, there’s no release date yet, and there’s clearly lots of work yet to be done. But they invited the press to have a play of a very limited portion of the game so we could report on it. And it’s currently a giant, dreary mess, a clash of woefully weak combat, and lacklustre delivery, so barren of ideas that I kept wondering if I was doing something wrong. Looking like it was made in 2002 (which is no mean feat with the Unreal Engine), and playing like it was made in 1986, this ARPG MMO feels like one of those ’80s half-arsed movie tie-in arcade games that would be ported clumsily to home computer.
    More here.

Tuconots
    Damn.

Tuconots
    link wont load atm.

that is worrisome, though.
    I do hope that is just a columnist being a retard, when presented something new.

A mmo that is a mix of realm of the mad god, LoL, and Torchlight, I think will be the next big thing, for mmos.
    Classes have like 10-20 levels to max. A small 6-10 tier item system. Perma death. 5-6 skills each.
    Classes are bought/unlocked. Constantly add new ones. start with like 20, up to 100 over time.
    Skins, dyes etc are bought via real world or in game currency.

Make the world mad god style. 8 maps. Have lairs that are torchlight style procedurally generated.

Tuconots
    First I was like, Traak has too much time on his hands needs to let that sand out of his vag.

Then I was like, yeah he is right this isn't an mmorpg and should be in the other games forum.

Tuconots
    Loading now. ok.
    Again, I'm not playing the beta, so he could be right, this is total shit. But,

1:Pick from a small range of heros with skins/costumes as rewards. -mad god. or similar to as I described.

2:huge, flat, featureless zones stretch repetitively for acres in each direction, fogged out on your minimap such that you’re forced to lamely wander throughout until you stumble on the entrance to a lair or warehouse. These can be enormous, entirely non-distinct city blocks, the same assets repeated over and over, with just one doorway to find in amongst it all. On your way you meet hundreds and hundreds of identical spawning enemies, popping into existence immediately in front of you, and dropping the same six items of bland loot over and over and over. Reaching a base opens up more of exactly the same, usually ending in a “boss fight”, which involves briefly left-clicking on a known Marvel enemy until he or she falls over.- ok, seriously, he just described realm of the mad god. enormous greyed out, repetitive assets. same loot over and over. until random lair, with boss. If its not fun, its not fun. (pacing probably too slow).

3. new characters are level 1. no shit? that makes me wonder about this guy, if he thinks new characters should be the level of your max char.

Then he starts complaining the characters are old designs and not up to date with the last 3 months of in comics storylines. again, no shit?

Tuconots

Tuconots
    http://presale.marvelheroes.com/

Any game that offers a 200 dollar presale/founder option should be looked at with extreme caution. Good god.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by ZProtoss View Post

Any game that offers a 200 dollar presale/founder option should be looked at with extreme caution. Good god.
    But it's estimated value is over 750$ !!!oneone!1

Tuconots
    yeah.. that is not a good sign.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by ZProtoss View Post

What does it say that the company keeps spamming my inbox with retarded emails on the founder option? I'd post the email here, but it's too retarded to re-post.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrical View Post
    What does it say that the company keeps spamming my inbox with retarded emails on the founder option? I'd post the email here, but it's too retarded to re-post.
    Jesus, I'm getting emails every day on the Founder's program, just got another one today. That's acting pretty desperate.

Tuconots
    This beta doesn't even support 2560 x 1440 resolution. Click to move. It's ok but no way would I shell out for the founders pack.

Tuconots
    I'm glad they send us weekly updates on the game via email.

By weekly updates I of course mean them reminding us we can buy the game before playing it or even barely seeing it.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by xzi View Post
    I'm glad they send us weekly updates on the game via email.

By weekly updates I of course mean them reminding us we can buy the game before playing it or even barely seeing it.
    They aren't selling the game, they are selling the $200 Founder's edition.

Tuconots
    yeah, I wasnt going to pay $200 with that first email.

But now, six emails later, totally going to. really.

Tuconots
    Did you guys know there is a Founder's program? 'Cause I just got another email on it.

Tuconots
    Got in the beta, downloaded the game, no 2560x1440 support, deleted the game. At least they made sure to tell me AGAIN about their incredible 200$ package worth over 750$.

Tuconots
    So haters, downloading the game to participate in the beta tomorrow. Worth it?!

Tuconots
    Yeah, 3 friends and I all got in. Though any beta that runs a few hours for a 3-4 days a week can suck a dick.

Tuconots
    hah yeah I saw the 'schedule' what the fuck is that shit.

Tuconots
    uuhh.. This is actually really fucking fun.

Tuconots
    Any extra keys? The game closer to D2 than D3 I hope?

Tuconots
    Path of Exile is closer to D2 than this, at least from what I've heard. I heard it's an ok game, but not a great one for the genre, unless you have a hard on for super heroes. I haven't gotten into a beta so I don't know first hand but meh I have a hard time seeing how it could be better than PoE for my playstyle(making a lot of builds).

Tuconots
    Min Maxers do have quite the hard on for PoE.

Tuconots
    POE was bland as shit in my opinion. This game has the potentially to drop off late game, but it has been very enjoyable in the early game, Captain America and Ms Marvel are fucking badasses.
    Hawkeye, as imagined is a complete fucking snorefest though. Sadly no Rocket Raccoon in :<

Tuconots
    I have a feeling this will have a weak endgame.

Tuconots
    Yeah, the talent trees are NOT very deep or exciting. With that said, after today I'll be playing this when it goes live, probably will buy myself a couple heroes as well. Had fun with Cap but Wolverine looks pretty fun and I HAVE to play Spiderman, I just really hope they add an aspect that relates it closer to the Marvel Ultimate Alliance games, like if I'm grouped with a hulk and playing Wolvey he can pick me up and throw me at enemies. Cyclops + Jean Grey she can use her mind to split his beam etc. I think it would make it significantly more fun to play with friends and add a much needed level of depth to the game.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 03-10-2013 at 02:19 AM.

Tuconots
    If you guys want to give this a try the beta will be running tomorrow from 9:00am-5:00pm est.
    go here http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaw...-key-giveaway/ make account, click get key, play.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    If you guys want to give this a try the beta will be running tomorrow from 9:00am-5:00pm est.
    go here http://www.alienwarearena.com/giveaw...-key-giveaway/ make account, click get key, play.
    Ah nice thanks didn't know there were keys around for this, just wish I knew earlier cause it's gonna be hard to play during these times, maybe I can play an hour and see how the game is a bit. Running time limited betas is fucking gay as shit.

Tuconots
    I will admit I did enjoy playing this for a several hours today. I think if I didn't play with my 3 friends though I would have been much less entertained.

The skill tree is extremely bland and boring, but the characters themselves aren't bad. Similar classes(Like Deadpool/Hawkeye) have some similar skills, but can play differently. Combat is amusing, but overall fairly bland until you get several skills, which can take awhile.

I did end up fighting a few event bosses. It usually consists of spamming your attack, dodging their attack, spamming your attack, and then ressing allies who stand in the fire.

The replayability, at least for me, will probably be low. I will play a couple characters I really want to high level.

No idea about endgame, but if there isn't something more than what I've seen through the first 5 chapters, I won't be playing any of the endgame.

Overall, its fun for a free game, it isn't terrible. I might even consider paying $20 for a superhero I really want to play.

Tuconots
    bland talent trees makes sense.

In PoE you have a few characters with LOTS of builds.
    Here you will have LOTS of characters, with a few builds.

Its like a LoL,dota, or mad god in the regards.

Having 120 champions/characters that each have 20-30 builds would be crazy.

Tuconots
    It was definitely fun to play. I played as someone with CC/Debuffs and it was really fun running around in a group gathering up a bunch of mobs and just watching my friends destroy all of them in a few hits. It's still closed beta, so I expect the talent trees or hell even the classes to not be polished yet, some classes didn't even have sounds or proper animations in yet either. Overall I did have a whole lot of fun playing with people and am looking forward to see a bit more of this game.

Tuconots
    Since I didnt play the beta, ist this some kind of MMO like PS2? (If its a Diablo or GW1 variant can a mod move the thread to other games? Getting my hopes up for a new City of Heroes isnt nice)

MAKE EARTH EXTINCT AGAIN! Abefroman's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Really fun game. Wish it was B2p, I really hate this F2p bullshit.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Creed View Post
    Since I didnt play the beta, ist this some kind of MMO like PS2? (If its a Diablo or GW1 variant can a mod move the thread to other games? Getting my hopes up for a new City of Heroes isnt nice)
    No it's a Diablo-like.

Played the beta for 30-40mins, meh, definitely not for me. Combat is average, character progression is terrible, itemization looks fun enough(found a piece of gear with +1 skill, that's nice). Mostly I absolutely hate the fact you have to pay for characters, basically ruins the fun of this type of game for me which is leveling new chars. I guess the point is the story and the characters but I don't really care much about superheroes stuff, I don't mind it but I won't buy a game based on that. Also for some reason they don't have sound options. Don't know when they're planning to release this but that looked extremely unpolished when I can't even adjust the volume of the sound in the game. Or rebind the shift key to something else.

Tuconots
    Played today as well - it kept my attention for a few hours, but there is still a LOT of work to do on it. I agree it feels like a very early beta, and it's largely unpolished. It was fun though, and I can certainly see the appeal. Rolled a few different guys, and it looks like this might be another case of "ranged is da best" as well, as it was easier/more fun playing a ranged hero. Anyone have a solid release date?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
    Played today as well - it kept my attention for a few hours, but there is still a LOT of work to do on it. I agree it feels like a very early beta, and it's largely unpolished. It was fun though, and I can certainly see the appeal. Rolled a few different guys, and it looks like this might be another case of "ranged is da best" as well, as it was easier/more fun playing a ranged hero. Anyone have a solid release date?
    "When it's done."

Tuconots
    btw, what characters are available in the beta?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by j00t View Post
    btw, what characters are available in the beta?
    The majority of well known and popular heroes are available, but you can only 'buy' so many with the beta currency.

Tuconots
    Stiltman?

Tuconots
    Don't feel that's true at all (the ranged is best). My friend and I leveled Cyclops and Wolverine (I was cyclops) and while yes I fucking absolutely raped shit. Wolverine was no chump on his own, we got to level 19 before we were completely blocked off from progressing because Xaviers mansion was broken. But he could easily kill things just as quick if not quicker than me. Granted Cyclops is probably the most fun hero I played in the game and will probably be playing him at release if I even decide to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeLLy View Post
    The majority of well known and popular heroes are available, but you can only 'buy' so many with the beta currency.
    There was quite a few missing from the beta and they still have a butt load more they want to add according to the 'graph' view on their website. Some that were mising: Cable, Squirrel Girl, Rocket Racoon, Nova, Human Torch, Emma Frost, Jean Grey, and Luke Cage. Also they have 11 mystery slots waiting to be released.

Tuconots
    I played this in the beta, it was miserable :S Hopefully they'll make some changes and it'll turn out to be a kick ass game.

Tuconots
    I don't know what it is, but this game is so fucking fun to me. I'm usually the biggest cynic when it comes to games that have glaring and obvious failures like zero character progression or depth, massive failure in places like lag and event bosses, meaningless quests that reward literally nothing, shit loads of bugs, and so much wasted potential.

Tuconots
    I don't know what it is, but this game is so fucking fun to me. I'm usually the biggest cynic when it comes to games that have glaring and obvious failures like zero character progression or depth, massive failure in places like lag and event bosses, meaningless quests that reward literally nothing, shit loads of bugs, and so much wasted potential.
    im not as forgiving. Game is terrible.

Tuconots
    Its sutekh so I want to disagree out of principle... But he's right... Its just fun despite its faults. I've been having a blast playing as Thor in the beta

Lynched by ps4 fanbois Osiris The Everliving's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbez View Post
    I played this in the beta, it was miserable :S Hopefully they'll make some changes and it'll turn out to be a kick ass game.
    What was so bad , heard it was actually fun...nice time waster and killing crap is great as well from what a friend was telling me.Heard it has its bugs and lag so my guess its way off till they address that since they havent announced a release date which is a good thing really. Just wish i get my damn key already and when i do i hope its soon as well , missed the Curse invite saw the e mail too late to play it.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantatus View Post
    Rock Paper Shotgun was invited to a press event to see the game and posted a review:

More here.

I knew about this game, never posted thread long ago, cause that review sums it up, and is actually be pretty fucking nice to it.

Its so bad that makes Horizon's look like the greatest mmo of all time.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by AlekseiFL View Post
    I knew about this game, never posted thread long ago, cause that review sums it up, and is actually be pretty fucking nice to it.

Its so bad that makes Horizon's look like the greatest mmo of all time.
    that review sums up the state of the game 5 months ago. that can be a VERY significant amount of time when it comes to game development. i read the article and i wasn't entirely pleased with it. he says it himself that he JUST got into comics before he started playing. he's pissed that he picked ms. marvel and that she's dressed as... wait for it... ms marvel. he wanted her to be captain marvel. well, her captain marvel costume is in the game now... so does that change his opinion on the game?

he also talked about the poor graphics quality... i just played it... i didn't notice any poor quality... in fact, based on the review i was expecting it to look pretty bad. it's not the be-all, end-all of graphics, but it's definately not bad.

point is, a LOT of the things he talked about are from a state the game was in 5 months ago. it's not perfect and there's still some work to be done but they are not in the areas that review talked about. so no... the review did not sum it up.

Tuconots
    The release date was just announced, June 4th. I am not looking forward to this one, and I played CoH, ChO and DCUO more than almost any of you.

Tuconots
    Going to give it a try, but not getting my hopes up. Was hoping for a good Marvel UA Online, but sounds like this ain't it.

Tuconots
    Played this on the show floor. I went into it thinking "eh this looks like crap...but there are no lines so why not" and then I ended up playing it for a lot longer than I intended to. I dont even like Marvel comics that much... It was just fun.

Tuconots
    Multi-use beta key for this weekend:

PLAYMH4-19

Don't know how many uses they give you, I used it twice. Have fun.

Edit: After rereading the email it looks like it's unlimited uses.

Tuconots
    Tried this out. It's just plain fun. Once you to level 12 or so, you get some nice abilities with heroes.

Their pricing plan is a little off IMO, but other than that I may give em a few bucks.

Tuconots
    Wish I read this sooner, downloading now...
    an understated ensemble that puts the "b" in subtle

Tuconots
    Tried it with Storm for 15 minutes, then bought Thor and played another 10 minutes. A very forgettable experience. Environments seemed especially uninspired, as were the waves of trash to kill. Maybe a Diablo-clone doesnt mesh well with the superhero genre, because beating up 100 identical street punks before every supervillain fight sucks.

Tuconots
    Tried it with Storm for 15 minutes, then bought Thor and played another 10 minutes. A very forgettable experience. Environments seemed especially uninspired, as were the waves of trash to kill. Maybe a Diablo-clone doesnt mesh well with the superhero genre, because beating up 100 identical street punks before every supervillain fight sucks.
    Forgettable is a good way to put it, I uninstalled after about 20 minutes.

Tuconots
    Really need to get out of the starting area guys, and pick up some good abilities.

I am considering the 200 dollar pack.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahma View Post
    Really need to get out of the starting area guys, and pick up some good abilities.

I am considering the 200 dollar pack.
    Same, then again the life time subs have never been a good idea so going to wait.

Scarlet Witch is a beast, massive AOE damage and passive debuffs etc.

Tuconots
    This is what Diablo 3 should have been.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by ili View Post
    This is what Diablo 3 should have been.
    Game is pretty damn good. You REALLY need to get out the starting area, and get a few levels to see what it has to offer. They did a bad job of not giving you the full gambit of what is in the game with the starting area. The enemies vary like any point click as you advance, more so in this game. The environments, while not fully destructible, you can bust up a TON of shit. The Hulk running jumping past you and taking out...everything, is fun to see. Thor or Storm calling down lightning strikes, that take out the windows is nice.

They did a great job on the small things. Like if I play Thor, and couple more Avengers pass each other, Captain America will say the "Avengers Assemble!" thing. And it isn't cheesy.

Even the "crappy" characters like Hawkeye and Daredevil are pretty damn fun. Yes you see a bazillion Wolverines, and Deadpools...you do see Rocket Racoon a whole bunch because he IS fun to play.

They have a very satisfying loot table, with playable character drops, and retcons, (respecs) gear etc, bringing much replay value even after you have seen the story. Crafting is meh, but you get some useful items from what I have seen.

As for getting burned on lifetime subs, it is free to play. Think League of Legends as far as the pricing model goes. Your 200 gets you all the characters and out fits as of right now. Though future content you will need to pay for from I read. That being said, they are missing the boat on a 100 dollar pricing model. Going from 60 to 200 bucks is a huge jump for people. I've gone back and forth on it a couple times with just the THOUGHT of paying 180 bucks on a video game. Knawmean?

Bad side. No different story arcs. I'm sick of clobbering time...The same old point click model problems. Range is safe, mele dies.

Some sort of an AH, even it was gear for gear would have been nice. Balance is an issue obviously with this many characters. The Thing is made to tank. Thor can tank? But you rather The Hulk.

Overall, I like thios MUCH more than D3 (Not that hard really), and any point click outside D2 to date.

Tuconots
    Please, Diablo 3 at least was entertaining for a while even if it lacked the long-term motivation and interest that D2 had. This game didnt even stay interesting for an hour.

Tuconots
    Please, Diablo 3 at least was entertaining for a while even if it lacked the long-term motivation and interest that D2 had. This game didnt even stay interesting for an hour.
    Yeah I hear ya. So much so I snagged the 180 dollar package.

Tuconots

Tuconots
    This game is funnnnnnnnnn but holy shit the prices. :/ The site lacks a ton of information too. :/ Reserving judgement till I know more.

Tuconots
    Going to give this a shot tonight and see how it is. I been playing D3 gaining Paragon levels but I'm patiently waiting for patch 1.08 and I couldn't get into PoE. If I like this game I will spend some money on a founders pack.
    Nolagamer#1749
    PSN ID:Cryptin

Tuconots
    From the weekend beta, it seems more fun than D3. It's definitely polished and feels better than PoE.

Tuconots
    Okay being a comic book fan the game is fun. It was better than I expected it to be. My biggest gripe is I can see myself spending shit load of money on heroes and costumes. After this weekend beta event will they do a character wipe because I'm thinking about buying the $59.00 founder's pack.

Also is there a site that I can see all the super powers of the heroes and a build builder? I didn't see anything at the official site.
    Last edited by Nola; 04-28-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    Nolagamer#1749
    PSN ID:Cryptin

who knows!
    Tuconots
    Wait, this shit isn't even out yet and you guys are dropping $150-200 on it?

Tuconots
    My guess is that they will do another character wipe when they implement the endgame for testing. Even if you buy the founders pack now, you won't be getting it until the game officially launches anyway. However, getting the a premium pack gets you a closed beta key.

Now that the nda has been lifted I think sites for skill builder and super powers will surface. I have no idea why info such as powers aren't listed in the official site.

On a side note, through my time in the beta, I got quite a few heroes drop for me. I think I filled up over half the roster from just hero drops. If this rate stays the same at launch, I don't see myself spending money buying heroes.
    Last edited by Lenwen; 04-28-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Tuconots
    I must have solid PvP information (if any) before I invest any time into this game. I really haven't even read much about it as some people didn't share great reviews with me. Nothing bad but nothing great.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Brikker View Post
    Wait, this shit isn't even out yet and you guys are dropping $150-200 on it?
    Try it. I almost want to guarantee you will like it, and drop a couple bucks on it. But some peeps in the thread really didn't like it so clearly I would be wrong.

The game feels polished, with a couple holes here in there. Like missing icons and the such. The game does start slow, but in a few hours once you have an AOE, and flight ability,. it takes off. /joke.

I would say it is NOT worth the 180 bucks for 90% of the people out there. If you are a comic lover, and can see yourself leveling multiple characters, then it's worth it. It's definitely worth 20 bucks for you to play your favorite character outside the starters.

Quote Originally Posted by Muligan View Post
    I must have solid PvP information (if any) before I invest any time into this game. I really haven't even read much about it as some people didn't share great reviews with me. Nothing bad but nothing great.
    It is a typical point click. It is nothing special outside it is in the Marvel Universe, it doesn't suck (god how low have I sunk) , and it is free. I think it is better than D3 and POE, but not as deep as POE.
    Last edited by Brahma; 04-28-2013 at 06:20 PM.

Tuconots
    I haven't played for a few weekends, is the NDA still up?

Tuconots
    The nda has been lifted. They also made some decent character tweaks and balance the past few weekends.

As for the pvp, it is an unbalanced clusterfuck atm. There is absolutely no protection from spawn campers, so expect to be killed before you finished zoning in or respawning by overpowered characters using exploits to add extra stats to their costumes. Then again, they did state that pvp is in an alpha state atm, so I wouldn't expect it to launch like it is now.

Destroyer of the Ubreast Angry Amadeus's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Spent some good time this weekend in game. You can definitely sense Brevik's finesse and tooling of maps / itemization / background sound - all of these are done really well. Took down the Gorgon with a team today, really brought back the flair of Diablo 2 for me plus one additional aspect, which is the free-for-all tag team on bosses. There were about thirty of us just ass creaming this fucker until he exploded, dropped his loots, and then we each went our separate ways. The characters and story are actually great and a lot of fun to spend the time watching.

A couple of minutes later I entered this private instance where there were dead bodies everywhere. Death spawned and gave some "Now you will know why all fear me." or some such, proceeded to kick the shit out of my Hawkeye. This was cool and reminded me of the Butcher.

A few things. I wish there were more wearable slots. The skill trees are pretty basic, but that can also be a good thing I suppose.
    EQ Beta B Tester.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by ili View Post
    Thanks so much for that link. I saw this and downloaded the game last night, and just got done playing for about an hour.

I didn't get deep enough to see much of the gameplay, but so far it confirms what others said about it being a Diablo clone. Nothing wrong with that, but those types of games never had much staying power for me. But hey, it's free, and a good enough game at that price, so I'll probably give it a spin when it drops.

What really surprised me were the production values, much better than I would have expected for a F2P game. Everything looked cool, and the kinetic 2d cutscenes between missions are a nice touch. I'm pretty sure I recognized Keith David's voice as Nick Fury, so they've got some voice talent in there too.

Tuconots
    i have thoroughly enjoyed every character i've played. Even the less flashy characters like hawkeye were still fun enough to put a few levels into. but good lord, going from hawkeye to thor? LOLOLOLOL

though, that was about a month or two ago, before the last pass at character balance so hawkeye may be stronger now. like others have said, though, it's fun but the pricing seems to be inconsistant at best... you'd expect that the characters that cost more would be either more popular, or more powerful. but not so, Thor is something like 1200 points and is a BEAST while spiderman is 2000 and is just kinda... meh. i'm not sure i understand their pricing model. if they are aiming for them all to be equal, then price them equally... if they are pricing them based on the movies and their popularity... well... why is thor less than spiderman? he should be the same? and i think captain america is only 900?

Tuconots
    Hawkeye gets straight out op at the mid levels with the right medal/gear equipped. The heroes are completely unbalanced. Right before this weekend's test, spiderman got buffed/revamped, now he is one of the op'd ones. I already have most of the roster unlocked via drops, so I can not verify, but I heard that Thor, Hulk, Ironman, Spiderman, and all the popular ones are now 2000? They seem to have been playing around with the pricing numbers the past few weeks.

On a side note, I think this game will fail if the devs listened to the feedbacks of the mouthbreathing comic fanboys on the closed beta forum. Some of the feedback from them is downright retarded, like making certain heroes completely overpowered compared to others just because they are stronger in the comics.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenwen View Post
    Hawkeye gets straight out op at the mid levels with the right medal/gear equipped. The heroes are completely unbalanced. Right before this weekend's test, spiderman got buffed/revamped, now he is one of the op'd ones. I already have most of the roster unlocked via drops, so I can not verify, but I heard that Thor, Hulk, Ironman, Spiderman, and all the popular ones are now 2000? They seem to have been playing around with the pricing numbers the past few weeks.

On a side note, I think this game will fail if the devs listened to the feedbacks of the mouthbreathing comic fanboys on the closed beta forum. Some of the feedback from them is downright retarded, like making certain heroes completely overpowered compared to others just because they are stronger in the comics.
    If they added a Power rating system to the game tied to rewards or scores this could work, but that is the kind of design decision you build a game around not throw in a month before launch. Really though should Thor ever lose to Hawkeye? Some heroes and villains are more powerful then others. This game mulches them all up together.

Tuconots
    You kind of have to otherwise why play anything other than Hulk?

Tuconots
    Uh, I kinda like this game. Gave it a go a few months back (been in beta for months, but haven't bothered to play) - and was kinda bored after 30 minutes. Old lady was out of town this weekend and was playing for a few hours - echo the sentiment that it opens up A TON after the initial noob area. Much more fun and engaging. Still wish the builds were more fleshed out, but not a game breaker if you take this game for what it is.

Tuconots
    if you take this game for what it is.
    and what is that?

Tuconots
    A non-AAA Diablo clone.

Thread Information