Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WoW Vanilla Emu - Emerald Dream

Tuconots

WoW Vanilla Emu - Emerald Dream

o 1.12.1 Vanilla Wow | Full Blizzlike Realm

o 1x Experience Rates | 1x Profession Rates | 1x Drop Rates

o Fully Scripted Dungeons and Raids | Battlegrounds | World PvP | Pathfinding

o Gradual content release | No gear rewards

o Opened August 25

http://www.emeralddream.com/

Don't see a thread for this, if there is one please delete and redirect my ass. Just wondering if anyone else is on this box? I got a 21 Druid and so far only ran into 2 broken quests. Seen a little PvP but population looks good. I am Horde ofc and once I get a few more levels, I'll gladly run any of you pals through some instances.

This is Samwise btw, I fucked up my registration e-mail so I had to make a new account

Here is my first gank. Some 24 Alliance scrub Rogue thought it would be a good idea to fish in Ratchet.

Here is what happens to cheaters once caught.
    Last edited by Traak; 12-12-2012 at 10:28 PM.

Tuconots
    Like a dumbass I didn't put any info for the server thinking people would just google it but alas I fixed it. Not saying its perfect but Vanilla WoW had some of the best world pvp I ever experienced. Meh guess WoW Vanilla isnt everyones cup of tea :P
    Last edited by Traak; 12-12-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Traak View Post
    Like a dumbass I didn't put any info for the server thinking people would just google it but alas I fixed it. Not saying its perfect but Vanilla WoW had some of the best world pvp I ever experienced. Meh guess WoW Vanilla isnt everyones cup of tea :P
    Does it have original AV?
    #Kobane

Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    Surrogates have been calling Trump a racist and a sexist for months now. I'm not sure how well that's working out.

Tuconots
    BGs arent even out yet so I don't know for sure It is supposed to be following the classic timeline. For instance, I think only MC is out and not AQ40 and w/e else is Vanilla Raiding.

Tuconots
    I played some time on Rebirth and its refreshing to go back and play Vanilla. Its harder than people remember especially compared to the recent EZ mode ridiculousness of more recent games.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedwyn View Post
    I played some time on Rebirth and its refreshing to go back and play Vanilla. Its harder than people remember especially compared to the recent EZ mode ridiculousness of more recent games.
    no lie i got kinda of a wake up call. I leveled faster on red99 lol. Also i needed to enlist help to do my bear form quest cuz its impossible to solo at level 10 without some help.

Tuconots
    Rampage is an Alliance raiding guild comprised of some IB from P99, as well as other people we have gamed with through the years. We had our first MC trash clear this past saturday... Got about 30 lvl 60's now so in a week or two when the remainder finished leveling it will be on.

Hope some people decide to join us. Shoot me a whisper in game under my forum handle. Make sure it's me as a lot of our up and comings use me to PL themselves.
    Last edited by Szeth; 12-12-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Tuconots
    Szeth, Alliance or Horde?

Tuconots
    Alliance, edited to add that thanks Big W.

Tuconots
    Downloading now.

Tuconots
    For the horde!

Tuconots
    Hey szeth any idea on the what the pop looks like. I'm guessing at least 1k but that's only from random /whos I've done

Tuconots
    Roughly half an hour ago.

Tuconots
    Why alliance tho, ewwwe

Tuconots
    I play on horde side, raiding guild, cleared MC. Waiting for some BGs and to kill allies. While leveling up to and eventually reaching 60 on this server (even though there are some broken quests) it was a far more rewarding experience upon arrival than any of the games i've played recently. (rift, gw2, others i can't remember because they suck) for whatever that is worth. Pop is pretty active, lots of euros also if you play at random times from the U.S., and good pop during prime time also.
    Last edited by swayze22; 12-13-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by swayze22 View Post
    I play on horde side, raiding guild, cleared MC. Waiting for some BGs and to kill allies. While leveling up to and eventually reaching 60 on this server (even though there are some broken quests) it was a far more rewarding experience upon arrival than any of the games i've played recently. (rift, gw2, others i can't remember because they suck) for whatever that is worth. Pop is pretty active, lots of euros also if you play at random times from the U.S., and good pop during prime time also.
    Sweet a few of us from red99 are Rollin horde. In=game name is Traak

Tuconots
    found big swayze and a gathering of horde for ony buffers

Tuconots
    Looks like horde is doing pretty well for US times. Did alliance every pick up? When I stopped playing there were like 5 alliance US raid guilds with 10 people in them. lol

Tuconots
    I've never played WoW so I'm going to assume I suck at it.. Someone please advise me which ez-mode class I should roll.

Tuconots
    I had fun on this server but ended up rage quiting due to broken warrior charge. If the Ground is not level you cancharge under the world and be forced to eat a spirit Rez. One day it was 3 in an hour. I really only wanted to play a warrior this time around but not with out charge!! Otherwise it's pretty fun, if you roll alliance check out those rampage guys they are fun to play with.

Tuconots
    I did the same thing ages ago. You can't play a Warrior with a fucked up charge. You just can't. It's like having sex without a dick, or having cheese and crackers without the cheese. Or the crackers. Unacceptable.
    LOL LOOK GUYS IT'S AN AVATAR I USED LIKE 10 YEARS AGO HOW AWESOME IS THAT WE SHOULD BRING BACK THE BLACK GUY NEXT LOLOLOLOLOL

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I did the same thing ages ago. You can't play a Warrior with a fucked up charge. You just can't. It's like having sex without a dick, or having cheese and crackers without the cheese. Or the crackers. Unacceptable.
    Vanilla WoW isn't worth playing if you can't charge bitches shouting 'Arcanite Reaper, HOOOOOOOOO!'

Relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...CwOBSUQ#t=907s

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Hustle View Post
    Vanilla WoW isn't worth playing if you can't charge bitches shouting 'Arcanite Reaper, HOOOOOOOOO!'

Relevant: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...CwOBSUQ#t=907s
    Good point. That got nerfed somwhere around the 1.6 or 1.8 patch right? So its Horde or get waxed a lot well you're levelng?
    #Kobane

Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    Surrogates have been calling Trump a racist and a sexist for months now. I'm not sure how well that's working out.

Tuconots
    I've been ganked like twice while leveling as a mid 40s alliance. Server is pretty fun though only problem is finding the time to play.

Tuconots
    Tempting.

Tuconots
    Killed Gehennas tonight with 23, and Baron with 19. Big things in the near future.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by tad10 View Post
    Good point. That got nerfed somwhere around the 1.6 or 1.8 patch right? So its Horde or get waxed a lot well you're levelng?
    Yea, I think 1.8 was the normalization patch. Many tears were shed that day. Where's Emerald Dream at on its patching cycle?

Tuconots
    It will always be in 1.12.1 patch. I do not honestly know if weapons are normalized... need some Elitist Jerks to run intense theorycraft up in this bitch.

I know (from group/raid parses) Rogues are highest DPS -> Mages -> Fury Warriors -> Hunters -> Locks -> some other junk. I also know people still stress the slow weapons, so unless everyone is misinformed I don't think full normalization is in.

Tuconots
    I suppose I should have looked a little closer at Trak's first post before asking that question, oops

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Szeth View Post
    I also know people still stress the slow weapons, so unless everyone is misinformed I don't think full normalization is in.
    A slower weapon still has the higher damage to it when it comes to skills that scale off of weapon damage compared to a weapon with faster attack speed but similar dps

Tuconots
    It will always be in 1.12.1 patch. I do not honestly know if weapons are normalized... need some Elitist Jerks to run intense theorycraft up in this bitch.

I know (from group/raid parses) Rogues are highest DPS -> Mages -> Fury Warriors -> Hunters -> Locks -> some other junk. I also know people still stress the slow weapons, so unless everyone is misinformed I don't think full normalization is in.
    I was an elitist jerk in vanilla wow (not the guild).

Weapons normalisation was actually just attack power normalisation (not weapon damage normalisation). So, when you use your instant attack it does weapon damage + attack power bonus + skill bonus (say, sinister strike might be +x). A slower weapon tends to have higher weapon damage, so the instant attack will do more damage. Prior to normalisation, a slower weapon also got a bigger bonus from attack power, but that wont be the case in 1.12.

The important thing to look for the highest average damage per hit. It's actually not that easy to work out without extensive parsing, because different weapons use different curves for their damage. Two weapons could be 10-20 damage, but one of them might do an average of 15 per hit, while the other averages 16.

Highest dps in molten core gear would be a combat dagger rogue with ACL gloves. A human sword rogue could surpass it in bwl with maladeth. Fury warrior with edgemasters should beat mage, but I dont give as fuck as warriors should shutup and tank something.

Tuconots
    That's pretty much what I figured Flank, thanks. However, it will be tough for me to drop swords in favor of daggers, as I'm a sword gnome at heart...

I guess if it ever became extremely limiting (I'm guessing less than 5% diff from daggers -> swords) I could race change to human(they claim theyll offer it pretty soon into the new year) but I'm fairly against paying for free servers so we will have to see.

Tuconots
    That's pretty much what I figured Flank, thanks. However, it will be tough for me to drop swords in favor of daggers, as I'm a sword gnome at heart...

I guess if it ever became extremely limiting (I'm guessing less than 5% diff from daggers -> swords) I could race change to human(they claim theyll offer it pretty soon into the new year) but I'm fairly against paying for free servers so we will have to see.
    changing race for a 5% increase is way to min/max man. play the race you like

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Nester View Post
    I had fun on this server but ended up rage quiting due to broken warrior charge. If the Ground is not level you cancharge under the world and be forced to eat a spirit Rez. One day it was 3 in an hour. I really only wanted to play a warrior this time around but not with out charge!! Otherwise it's pretty fun, if you roll alliance check out those rampage guys they are fun to play with.
    I have a level 60 warrior on ED and the charge bug isn't nearly as bad as you say. In the 15+ days played, i've charge bugged only a handful of times. It does happen and it sucks when it happens, but it's definitely not game breaking or unplayable.

Tuconots
    Also yeah, if you roll Alliance, hit me up for some gold and/or help. The name is Origin.

Tuconots
    Daggers is for homos, swords waybetter.

Tuconots
    the bugs for the movement type skills like charge and blink are z-axis problems with uneven/sloped terrain. It is hard to recreate to test and i'm sure you can look at the bugtracker and see what the real cause is. it isn't all the time, it isn't most of the time. It is not perfect, but it is not very limiting IMO.

There was a decent number of people from FOH that rolled alliance side if i recall. Majority of horde raiding guilds (i.e. all but 1 or 2)are euro, though more are recently recruiting US time and they even started running pugs. Someone from alliance can chime in on that status.
    Last edited by swayze22; 12-13-2012 at 11:24 PM.

Tuconots
    Only posters I know of that are with us on alliance are Origin, Big P, and myself.

Tuconots
    I rolled on alliance, gnome mage named Penalty. Might take me awhile to level as its my first play through.

Tuconots
    Played awhile back on Alliance. Stopped due to wanting to play Skyrim/P99. Might join up horde side and have slaughter with some of you!

Tuconots
    Apathetic (horde) is still the only big US raiding guild it looks. Your guild Szeth is picking up on numbers for Alliance side? What is your active raid roster looking like?

Tuconots
    Need more Horde bros. Alliance be zergin!

Tuconots
    I spoke with lindz in game, but we have about 35 level 60s now. And I would estimate without doing a final count about 25 people above level 45. Given some are euros, a few are alts, and some are friends who won't raid... we are a few weeks away from starting to be more selective for raid spots.

Should be a good time as we go from 2/8 MC -> 8/8 MC

Tuconots
    bump to front page incase anyone else is itching for some vanilla wow. Look Rampage up on Alliance side.

Tuconots
    Hey I just uploaded one of my fav wow pvp videos. World of Paladincraft III (has a paladin vs Orgrimmar at 1:50.) Hopefully Vimeo leaves it up for a few days.

you can find it on YT but they keep ripping the sounds out for copyright issues. THIS ISNT MINE.

Tuconots
    bump, i see more and more red99ers poppin up in this game. roll horde and never go hungry again

Tuconots
    I started with a couple of friends on Horde. Name is Zalk.

Banned
    Tuconots
    Gonna roll horde as soon as client gets installed

Anybody wants to trade some SWG/Red99 coins for coins on emerald msg me, id like to start not completely naked, although i will if i have to

Still hesitating between Lock/Rogue/mage/priest

Almost taken off priest because Traak's a healer and ive played one on live
    Last edited by Delicateflower; 12-17-2012 at 07:59 AM.

Tuconots
    Killed some AFK bastard in front of his RL father (for some reason his son in ally and he is horde) and rage ensued.

hehe so mad

anyways hope to see you all in game. If you are a new player on horde side then I would suggest joining <AFK Heroes> for an easier time finding groups and such. merry xmas

Tuconots
    Picking on my afk alliance friends? Mechano-birdie and I going to have to come down to BB?

Tuconots
    Decided to stick with my alliance characters altho I'm PLing my priest up instead of playing my mage. Joined Szeth's guild as well so hopefully the grind won't take too long this time. Did 22-39 this weekend, now for the shitty levels!

Roll alliance!

Tuconots
    Gah, I thought about this but I have a bad taste in my mouth after that Rebirth realm. I went all poopsock to get to 60 as alliance, then realised that there were almost no alliance players. I was a mage with 2k hp who could not even get a dire maul group for my water quest. So I went gringing while I waited for people to catch up. Unfortunately, there were a lot of level 60 horde who were able to get groups and some MC raids for gear, and they had nothing better to do than to pick fights with me. I am an elitist, when I played real wow vanilla I was a druid with better gear than 99% of other players - therefore no one could kill me. Dying repeatedly as a mage with 2k life just pissed me off

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Flank View Post
    Gah, I thought about this but I have a bad taste in my mouth after that Rebirth realm. I went all poopsock to get to 60 as alliance, then realised that there were almost no alliance players. I was a mage with 2k hp who could not even get a dire maul group for my water quest. So I went gringing while I waited for people to catch up. Unfortunately, there were a lot of level 60 horde who were able to get groups and some MC raids for gear, and they had nothing better to do than to pick fights with me. I am an elitist, when I played real wow vanilla I was a druid with better gear than 99% of other players - therefore no one could kill me. Dying repeatedly as a mage with 2k life just pissed me off
    This was one of my initial fears, but the server is fairly populated and you generally won't have a problem finding groups.

Tuconots
    Plus we (Rampage) are raiding MC now, so soon purple pixels will rain from the sky. So much so that the abundance may bury poor Samwise alive as we re-take STV from his afk-slaying brigades.

Tuconots
    Alliance <Rampage> where it is at people.... screw Horde

Tuconots
    not just afkers

Registered User Extra-Bendy Cactus's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Alrighty, I'm going to give this a shot when I get off work. Never did get around to playing WoW while it was still in Vanilla.
    My preference has always been Rogue; should I roll one up, or are they over done Horde-side on this server?

Banned
    Tuconots
    More fun than i had in a long time

Looking forward to do alot of pvp and we can taunt each other in this thread since i went horde =)

Only bad thing i can say about server is they planning to patch BGs in the future

I prefer by far world pvp

Tuconots
    Would pick my toon back up but no interest in any faggy BG stuff that is about to be patched in.

Tuconots
    World PvP picks up when honor system gets put in. However lately I have considered putting down MMOs for now.

Tuconots
    I just rolled on this server last night. Level 8 Troll Shaman, name Filwen. Hit me up for some group action!

Tuconots
    Playing as well.

Tuconots
    WSG Being patched in as we speak. Honor on the 23rd.

Tuconots
    First day of WSG and dudes are using shit to make themselves lag and twitch all over the place in game. Guessed PVP would be like this though, so gg.

Tuconots
    Man that sucks, hopefully shit gets fixed, thats a good team of people so I have high hopes (they also run the server in my sig and its great). After I get off work tonight, I have a 13 day paid holiday, so I am looking to roll a toon on this server and maybe get him to the 40s or 50s before I go back to work. I see Alliance is where people over here are mostly rolling, not a big deal to me, thinking priest or warrior.

Tuconots
    Tempted...

Tuconots
    Was going through my old Photobucket account and found these from 2005, was helpin a lowbie friend who was getting ganked by a couple of 60's.... man I feel old:

and they fled like cowards

Tuconots
    What's up guys, it's Happytrees from Red99 if anyone here knows me. Just rolled on this server, my name is Happytrees in game, Horde side, if anyone wants to group up ever.

Tuconots
    Great server. I found this forum from a person asking if anyone is from rerolled. I been playing there other realms. They have a 12x vanilla one with 4k online at peek times and a BC realm with 2k online at peek times. They have a great player base. I read this hits 1k at peek times. Also all raids/BGS will be released in a progression system. They all work already except they are not out for this vanilla realm. In the other realm they have everything, but this one is much better because it is 100% blizz like.

Btw I am horde and name is Murdawk. Level 7 at the moment.

Tuconots
    So how do you play on a server like this? Never tried any emulators - what exactly do you need to install?

Tuconots
    Just click on the link and follow the directions. The forums should have all the info you need.

Tuconots
    Needs more alliance Paladins/Priests/Druids.

Tuconots
    Been playing for 3 days now and it is AWESOME. Rolled an Orc Hunter and am now level 15, having a blast, it feels so much like vanilla wow. There is actual community, and communication. I've made atleast 2 dozen friends since starting playing, and am rarely solo'ing (maybe 10% of the time). SO much better than shitty ol' retail WoW.

Sassy Fat Black Woman Agonizing the Bait Master's Avatar
    Tuconots
    lol

Tuconots
    so what happened to the rebirth server. I had a 40 priest there but I just hate leveling, I've done it far too many times.

Tuconots
    So is the open world PVP rampant or can you level relatively effectively? I've wanted to play WoW but not into dumping the money into it and this seems like a good alternative.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post
    So is the open world PVP rampant or can you level relatively effectively? I've wanted to play WoW but not into dumping the money into it and this seems like a good alternative.
    I've been ganked maybe 3-4 times so far and I'm almost 50, I'm sure it will pick up soon in the 50's cause of me being a free HK but there haven't been any bored 60s running around STV having a gankfest like the old days. Hell, most people my level just look at me and wave or keep killing cause people just want to be 60 and not waste time with low level pvp.

Tuconots
    So I admit I've only glanced over the thread. Few questions. Last time I played wow was TBC, so needless to say its been awhile. Few questions:

How are warriors on this server?
    I played lock on release. Are the fear mechanics like release?
    Polish? Broken Quests? Bugs?

Tuconots
    I know someone who isn't a fan

Quote Originally Posted by Karafa View Post
    Hunters can viper sting while trapped, without breaking; known bug that wont be fixed. The majority of reflecting trinkets are listed as mail, making them useless for rogues or casters.

Razorgore's mind control doesnt work, thus players are forced to kill an "egg" in the middle of the room to stop adds from spawning. Ragnaros's aoe knockback doesnt work, any boss with a mind control mechanic is bugged due to that mechanic making the mind controlled player only stand still and not attack.

Countless falling through the world via fear/poly/charge/blink bugs. Numerous duping and exploiting possibilities for anyone who has played WoW emu for a long period of time.

Paladins can stack crits and essentially hit you 40 times in one swing, lifesteal and other procs are effected by spellpower yet incorrectly effected by your crit rate (rogues using lifestealing + flask of supreme power and proccing crits for 800.)

Simply going to the emerald dreams forums and looking at their bug tracker explains enough. Every pull is still exploitable in 5 mans/ubrs; stratholme barely functions, you can still alt/f4 through doors. Feenix is trash.
    Last edited by Swagdaddy; 12-23-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Tuconots
    I would like to see a server better maintained then Feenix's servers. They release patches all the time for all the servers, I want to play on this one but having to much fun on their BC server.

Tuconots
    How is the alliance to horde ratio? I used to play horde and I want to try out alliance but I don't want to if its going to be impossible to find groups. Sounds like everyone is going horde.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowendtheory View Post
    How is the alliance to horde ratio? I used to play horde and I want to try out alliance but I don't want to if its going to be impossible to find groups. Sounds like everyone is going horde.
    This forum is a VERY small percentage of the population.

Tuconots
    The Alliance has more players than the Horde does from what I understand, shouldn't be impossible or even difficult to find instance groups Ally side.

Tuconots
    Feels classic. Only faggots go Alliance.

Tuconots
    FWIW, here is a census thread from the boards.

http://www.wow-one.com/forum/topic/3...2/page__st__60

Not sure of the accuracy and I notice it only goes into Alliance side stats.

Tuconots
    Been playing for a few days and so far the server seems stable enough, though I do get 1-2 disconnects in a 4 hour session on avg. The population seems healthy as well. Granted there are some bugs but there is nothing that I have found that is a deal breaker.

Tuconots
    Not sure why, but I'm in on this one. Went Horde, playing an Undead Mage named Loathe. Anyone making a guild or have a quality guild to join?
    Last edited by othree; 12-29-2012 at 11:17 PM.

Tuconots
    I'm on horde side too, playing a druid in the mid-20ies. Seems like the population is pretty good, everyone I've met so far has been very friendly and helpful.

Tuconots
    What's the difference between this and Rebirth?

Tuconots
    The server stays up and it is a much more active. Also less bugs.

Tuconots
    Never played rebirth but the longest this one has been down is maybe 30 minutes?

Tuconots
    If I have MoP client downloaded will I need to get rid of that before I can download this client?

Tuconots
    Nope, just place in different folders.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Phoenix View Post
    Nope, just place in different folders.
    Every time I click click the WoW launcher the screen turns black and freezes. I hate installing these things lol

Tuconots
    Went Horde, actually quite a bit of people just in Org. Makes it seems like this might actually be a decent server to play on. Even the AH has a bunch of stuff on it. Though I realized I hate the running. So much running...

Tuconots
    Haha, yeah, there is a ton of running. I'm trying to stay motivated, but the thought of playing on a 1.12.1 12x or insta60 server is mighty appealing. But then the thought of people shitting all over me with their vote/donate gear takes some of that appeal away.

Tuconots
    Getting really boring tanking on TBC server with no guild, so thinking of rolling a character on here. Alliance or Horde, heals or dps?

Tuconots
    Is there a Rerolled guild on the server?

Tuconots
    Cool, I created an account and am thinking of creating either a warrior tank or a priest healer on alliance side. What times are these raids? As a european player, it would be cool to know I wouldn't have to play wee hours in the night just to have a chance at some grouping. Any eu-based guilds?

Tuconots
    We're hardly a "Rerolled.org" guild. But Rampage is a US raiding time guild on Alliance side. We've got 4/10 down in MC and are pretty much rolling with between 20-25 people right now. In a few more weeks (hopefully) when we have 40 active raiders we are pretty sure MC is going to crumble.

Raid times right now are Wednesday/Thursday at 8:30pm EST, and Sat (or) Sunday at 3 or 4PM EST.

Thread Information