Page 221 of 354 FirstFirst ... 121171211219220221222223231271321 ... LastLast
Results 22,001 to 22,100 of 35301

Thread: Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen - #1 Thread in MMO

Retard Rehabilitation Program
    Tuconots
    The first phrase which entered my mind as i woke up was 'kickstarter terrorists'. And i smiled.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Convo View Post
    You have to listen to it.

Salim: Starts around 2:37.

http://173.193.205.96:2197/ondemand/...021%202014.mp3
    Yeah, that's going to take more effort than I'm willing to put into it.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Flex View Post
    The first phrase which entered my mind as i woke up was 'kickstarter terrorists'. And i smiled.
    Can this become a board title? I mean, that's a pretty high honor to receive.... It's not everyday you donate personal money, change avatars/signatures in support of someone, offer counsel, supply constructive criticism, attempt to provide warnings of pitfalls within the industry, and even redirect a site (fohguild.org) to direct people to their cause and be considered a terrorist.

So typical when people are not willing to live in reality that they would be irrational when you attempt to burst their bubble.
    [D3] Muligan#1208 - View My Profile
    [EQII] Muligan Van'Jurai - Templar - Nagafen & Antonia Bayle (retired)
    [EQ] Muligan Van'Jurai - Dark Elf Cleric - Lanys T'vyl (retired)

"AH HA HA HA HA HA" Barraco Bisi's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Pantheon: Rise of the Kickstarter Terrorists

Tuconots
    Rerollzbullah

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Adebisi View Post
    Pantheon: Rise of the Kickstarter Terrorists
    Level 50 Jihadist checking in.

Tuconots
    A cursory background check of your KS profile cleary puts you in the fanboy corner, Soy ... dont try to infiltrate us!

Tuconots
    The only person I really remember trolling the KS was PSD. That was at the end tho. He started off like most people here, supportive.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Creed View Post
    A cursory background check of your KS profile cleary puts you in the fanboy corner, Soy ... dont try to infiltrate us!
    I STILL HAVE FAITH!!

Tuconots
    Rerollzbullah
    Yes. Rerolledzbollah

NSASATIRE.png

DEAR NSA: THIS IS SATIRE.

Tuconots
    Yes. Rerolledzbollah

NSASATIRE.png

I love this

Tuconots
    Yes. Rerolledzbollah

NSASATIRE.png

I would +1 you for this if I could.
    Draegan is a faggoty piece of shit who sold the forum to mmorpg.com just to spite us. Register at the new site.

ReReRolled.org - A Gaming Community

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Soygen View Post
    Level 50 Jihadist checking in.
    If they weren't already.... NSA will be stopping by shortly

Tuconots
    lol nice dude. We need to start conversating with our comrades, speaking Rerolledzee..

Tuconots
    Yes. Rerolledzbollah
    Halalalalallaallaallala

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandyn View Post
    No shit, if he puts one of those screens up during the KS, especially in the beginning before people starting questioning how much 'work' was being done, he gets a ton more support. Now it just looks like backtracking and then when you say you've had this stuff pre-KS, it makes him look worse.
    Well, initially, his ego allowed him to believe that the KS would fund, because he's Brad Motherfucking McQuaid, damnit! He'd sort out the details later, probably after having a few bumps.

Well, reality is starting to set in that his "clout" in the industry was almost entirely ruined after Vanguard(now it most certainly is). Now, he's doing all sorts of mental gymnastics, backtracking, and bullshit selling, hoping to catch lightning in a bottle again. The thing is, he was lucky as hell he caught it the first time, plus he had numerous competent people around him for support. Now he thinks he's going to do so off of the backs of "apprentice developers"? How did that work out in Vanguard for ya, Brad?

Quote Originally Posted by zzeris View Post
    Wish I had really been involved then. Looked occasionally but that was when I was hardcore WoW. Of course that was when WoW was still pretty damn good.
    It was good times. I was white-knighting the shit out of that game, while Ut was trying to lead me(and others) to the light. He ended up being completely right in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumar View Post
    It's pretty hilarious. All this 'crowdfunding' bullshit, EQN's user-created content, etc. It's all to reduce costs to these companies and selling to you stuff you yourself make for them, for free.

It's the ultimate exploitation.
    And yet, you've been all over Brad's nuts, hoping that the KS would fund.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleface View Post
    GOD I AM SUCH A FAG

Tuconots
    The only person I really remember trolling the KS was PSD. That was at the end tho. He started off like most people here, supportive.
    TROLL?!

How dare you! I was a supporter to the end simply asking questions so we could move forward with honesty and make sure the team stayed together to get this game made!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kanak32 View Post
    Brad really is a cancer.
    Woah, dude, not fair! Cancer is largely treatable these days if detected early (perhaps the first few weeks of a KS?) and there's still hope to find a cure Cancer. Pretty sure nobody will ever find a cure for Bradtheon.

Tuconots
    Yes. Rerolledzbollah

NSASATIRE.png

DEAR NSA: THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT A TURRRIST WOULD SAY

SEND JACK BAUER.

Navigating hypocrisy
    Tuconots
    Was browsing in the old thread and came across this again:

Brad next co-founded in May of 2010 a new start-up in the San Diego area. The new game studio focused on next generation sophisticated casual and social games. Unable to find the right amount of funding, but learning a lot about free-to-play gaming, Brad left the start-up in January 2012
    Startups just aren't his thing, I guess.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by DickTrickle View Post
    Was browsing in the old thread and came across this again:

He learned a lot though and applied that knowledge towards Pantheon's Kickstarter.
    an understated ensemble that puts the "b" in subtle

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by DickTrickle View Post
    I don't think startups are his problem...actual work is.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Valderen View Post
    I don't think startups are his problem...actual work is.
    He doesn't mind work, long as its not actually him doing it. But everyone else, sure, cool with that.

Tuconots
    Anyone live in Washington and want to try and have a little fun?

Tuconots
    I think Pantheon will fail just fine without us.

Tuconots
    You're not thinking like a kickstarter terrorist. You shame us all.

Tuconots
    Regardless, we must seize the opportunity to take credit for something!

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Skanda View Post
    Anyone live in Washington and want to try and have a little fun?
    Just reading the comments this dude took the cash and bailed. Pretty frikkin shady

Tuconots
    I disagree. We currently have them on terrorism cruise control. They live in a constant state of fear and believe at any moment we will strike. They willfully allow Brad to take their freedom away (bans, paid forums, legal threats) while we sit back and watch.

Everyone has to remove their shoes at the airport because of one undetonated shoebomb.

DEAR NSA: THIS IS SATIRE

Tuconots
    Update.:.

Some changes are going on right now with the project. The important thing is that Pantheon is alive. We are moving ahead now with development, just with fewer people and at a slower pace. We are continuing to reach out to potential investors, so we can bring the project to its next important phase: having enough $$ to have an office and to make team members actual employees.

Previously the team were contractors (and the Founding team members are stock holders) because of the cost and overhead of having employees. Our hope when we significantly grow the team next is that the funding will be there to make people full employees.

So for the next couple of months, development IS going to move forward, but at a much slower pace as we re-group. We will be bringing on some new talent, and hopefully the original team will be willing and able to help where they can as well.

In the interim, any donations made at this point until further notice will be going directly to maintaining the website during this phase and supporting part-time development efforts by a much smaller team.

The primary use of funding coming in now is to keep us and the web site afloat and to pay as much as we can (likely not a lot) to people who are able and willing to help us building the game for the next 1-2 months. We want 1 or more new zones we can show, in addition to the one we already have, to both the community and potential investors. We also feel it's very important that Lore continues to be written and supported. That is where the bulk of the money will go. Again, the rest for the web site, attorney's fees (writing up NDAs and such), and other incidentals.

Lastly, and many/most of you know this already, but we posted a LOT of screenshots and one rough video of Pantheon on the official Pantheon Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/pantheonrotf . This includes screenshots ranging from November 21, 2013 all the way to April 11th, 2014. We did this because we owe you, the community, and especially those who donated to this project, a detailed look at what we accomplished over that time period. If you haven't checked them out already, please do A more polished video is also in the works, probably 1-2 weeks away.

Pantheon lives on! This is a challenging time in the development process. But we and you have this dream, and that's to make Pantheon a reality, because we know in our hearts that this game needs to be made. We will get through this and I think things are getting better and more positive already. I am certainly commited to seeing this through.

Tuconots
    Update.:.

Some changes are going on right now with the project. The important thing is that Pantheon is alive. We are moving ahead now with development, just with fewer people and at a slower pace. We are continuing to reach out to potential investors, so we can bring the project to its next important phase: having enough $$ to have an office and to make team members actual employees.

Previously the team were contractors (and the Founding team members are stock holders) because of the cost and overhead of having employees. Our hope when we significantly grow the team next is that the funding will be there to make people full employees.

So for the next couple of months, development IS going to move forward, but at a much slower pace as we re-group. We will be bringing on some new talent, and hopefully the original team will be willing and able to help where they can as well.

In the interim, any donations made at this point until further notice will be going directly to maintaining the website during this phase and supporting part-time development efforts by a much smaller team.

The primary use of funding coming in now is to keep us and the web site afloat and to pay as much as we can (likely not a lot) to people who are able and willing to help us building the game for the next 1-2 months. We want 1 or more new zones we can show, in addition to the one we already have, to both the community and potential investors. We also feel it's very important that Lore continues to be written and supported. That is where the bulk of the money will go. Again, the rest for the web site, attorney's fees (writing up NDAs and such), and other incidentals.

Lastly, and many/most of you know this already, but we posted a LOT of screenshots and one rough video of Pantheon on the official Pantheon Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/pantheonrotf . This includes screenshots ranging from November 21, 2013 all the way to April 11th, 2014. We did this because we owe you, the community, and especially those who donated to this project, a detailed look at what we accomplished over that time period. If you haven't checked them out already, please do A more polished video is also in the works, probably 1-2 weeks away.

Pantheon lives on! This is a challenging time in the development process. But we and you have this dream, and that's to make Pantheon a reality, because we know in our hearts that this game needs to be made. We will get through this and I think things are getting better and more positive already. I am certainly commited to seeing this through.
    That's so sleazy.

Tuconots
    Previously the team were contractors (and the Founding team members are stock holders) because of the cost and overhead of having employees.
    Fuckin' Barraco Barner

Tuconots
    We also feel it's very important that Lore continues to be written and supported. That is where the bulk of the money will go. Again, the rest for the web site, attorney's fees (writing up NDAs and such), and other incidentals.
    Good thing Brad got his priorities straight.

Tuconots
    Should Lore really be a top priority here?

Tuconots
    Should Lore really be a top priority here?
    No shit didn't some one post a study that only a very small percentage of players actually read lore if given the option to skip?

Tuconots
    In the three years I actively played WoW I think I read maybe two or three questlines. I did read the lore building up to WoW. That shit was gold.

Tuconots
    Answers I got from two different interviews with Brad- These are direct answers from him and not my personal opinion. Hopefully some of this is new information, I believe it is.

The development- Looking for a Unity designer to further develop the demo. New Kickstarter or Indigogo attempt could be made if this demo gets polished. The goal of the new crowd funding would be to gain enough money to build more systems and get the product out to potential investors. Amount of the new project would be much smaller than the 800k original goal.

The money- It's widely agreed upon by all parties that this project took in roughly 145 thousand dollars. A large chunk of that money, 35k, came from a single individual who promised another couple hundred thousand once he cleared it with his trust. Brad was having personal problems at the time and needed to take a cash advance from the project. He took roughly three months pay in advance which equaled roughly 38% of the funds that were left. Brad thought the rest of the money would come in, but the trust supervisor declined without even looking into the project. Reason being, he didn't want to be sued if the start up failed. Brad admits that it was a mistake and wishes things worked out differently but the money is spent and there isn't anything he can do. He then went on to express that he was sorry for how it happened and is planning on liquidating personal assets to put the funds back into the project.

The past- Brad sees that many people are clamoring about the money he made before and why he is suddenly broke. He elaborated by saying, yes he made a lot of money with Everquest, but he also lost a great deal of money in the stock market in 2007. He went on to say that he has assets worth money, but no cash to his name.

The future- Going forward Brad is looking for talented video editors to make his raw footage look more appealing. I offered my services which would include getting my hands on the build itself and shooting my own footage. I hope he agrees to my terms, because I think I can get something nice out of it from what I've seen. The Unity developer is perhaps the most important step going forward. Without someone to make new zones, there is little to show off on a new kickstarter. Much attention is going towards this goal as well as continuing to find investors.

Sassy Fat Black Woman Agonizing the Bait Master's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Fuck it I'm going to kick start my fish lure business. I need someone to have a radio show so I can interview

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Agonizing the Bait Master View Post
    Fuck it I'm going to kick start my fish lure business. I need someone to have a radio show so I can interview
    I know this station that would be perfect!

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzic View Post
    He elaborated by saying, yes he made a lot of money with Everquest, but he also lost a great deal of money in the stock market in 2007.
    That's what he gets for speculating. He would have made back all of that money and much more if he had just stayed the course in a total stock market index fund.

Tuconots
    The money- It's widely agreed upon by all parties that this project took in roughly 145 thousand dollars. A large chunk of that money, 35k, came from a single individual who promised another couple hundred thousand once he cleared it with his trust. Brad was having personal problems at the time and needed to take a cash advance from the project. He took roughly three months pay in advance which equaled roughly 38% of the funds that were left. Brad thought the rest of the money would come in, but the trust supervisor declined without even looking into the project. Reason being, he didn't want to be sued if the start up failed. Brad admits that it was a mistake and wishes things worked out differently but the money is spent and there isn't anything he can do. He then went on to express that he was sorry for how it happened and is planning on liquidating personal assets to put the funds back into the project.
    That's ....

fucked up

Sassy Fat Black Woman Agonizing the Bait Master's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Suineg really got him good

Tuconots
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tuconots
    nm i'm dumb

Tuconots
    I know we've speculated about him doing this just for one more payday.

The past- Brad sees that many people are clamoring about the money he made before and why he is suddenly broke. He elaborated by saying, yes he made a lot of money with Everquest, but he also lost a great deal of money in the stock market in 2007. He went on to say that he has assets worth money, but no cash to his name.
    This doesn't help

Tuconots
    "Brad was having personal problems at the time and needed to take a cash advance from the project."

Tuconots
    Well at least that trust fund adviser is doing his job right.

Tuconots
    Yeah it's pretty much 100% that he's broke and the only reason he is maintaining the illusion of trying to make this game is because he thinks he can squeeze more money out of people

Tuconots
    38% of 145k is still $18 366.67/mo. That's fucking insane if he was expecting that kind of salary for an indie MMO.

MAKE EARTH EXTINCT AGAIN! Abefroman's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Did I read that shit right? He took 38% from 145k? So he payed himself 55k for three months which comes out to 220,000 a year for a fucking start up?

Tuconots
    Brad, leaving SOE last time (if that's actually what happened) was really dumb.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by an accordion View Post
    38% of 145k is still $18 366.67/mo. That's fucking insane if he was expecting that kind of salary for an indie MMO.
    Not entirely correct. He said 38% of the money that was left after paying for different things, not 38% off the top. I'm not sure how significant of a change that is tho.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Abefroman View Post
    Did I read that shit right? He took 38% from 145k? So he payed himself 55k for three months which comes out to 220,000 a year for a fucking start up?
    Oh, man. This just keeps getting better...

Not entirely correct. He said 38% of the money that was left after paying for different things, not 38% off the top. I'm not sure how significant of a change that is tho.
    Like what things? Wasn't the money supposed to be going to a "studio"? Then it was toward "back pay". Now they need money for a studio still...?
    GOD I AM SUCH A FAG

Tuconots
    hi im having personal problems so im stealing half the money from my company. you dont mind, right?

Tuconots
    Hey Guys,

I'm doing a kickstarter for Pantheon: The Movie. Here's the casting so far.

Brad as Jerry Lundegaard
    Pantheon supporters as Jean Lundegaard
    Angel Investor as Wade
    KTAM radio interviewees as Margie
    ReRolled as Carl and Gaear

I've also made a trailer. Back me if you like it!

Tuconots
    Don't Give up Brad. There is always barber college. You will lose the pretty LA trophy wife though.

Tuconots
    whatever bullshit brad comes up with next its mindboggling how anyone would give him another dime now that they know that brad is making 6 figures from it. fuck that shit. dude isnt even doing any wrk.

Tuconots
    At least he finally admitted he took most of the money. The whole idea of backpay for a crowdfunded game from the lowest paid to the highest paid is fucking stupid, but it's totally slimy to take such a large portion of the money for a cash advance. So, there's that.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by pointyboot View Post
    "Brad was having personal problems at the time and needed to take a cash advance from the project."
    This here should be the death knell of Bradtheon. Anyone who contributes in light of this admission is a complete fool and might as well send his money to Nigeria.

Tuconots
    I said it last night, I'll say it again.. the community can't afford Brad. His rate is too high..

The dude called a 1 man raid on our community funds and never bothered to ask anyone. I just can't support someone with such bad decision making. I mean holy fuck!

Now he is looking to pay someone else besides Vu to finish the prototype that would have been finished had he not taking that extra money.

I also believe that money was in addition to what Brad already paid himself.

Tuconots
    i imagine the 3 month advance 38% of 150k is not including the pay he gave himself, which is likely another 38%

Tuconots
    How is Brad going to get around tax obligations from a 35K dollar donation?
    GOD I AM SUCH A FAG

Tuconots
    A second Kickstarter should cover it.

Apprentice Developer
    Tuconots
    I'm glad lore is taking #1 priority. Every one knows you spend all your money on the guys who write the lore and pay your artists and animators scraps.

Tuconots
    How is that cash advance not illegal?

This is just bad bad bad bad.

Tuconots
    Jesus, all those quotes were Brad's best ideas for smoothing things over. Imagine how bad the reality of the situation must be if he's willing to say that he took "some" money for personal problems. The man is a fucking thief.

Tuconots
    Holy shit... I step out for a few weeks and it all falls apart. Amazing.

Tuconots

Tuconots
    How is that cash advance not illegal?

This is just bad bad bad bad.
    How is this not fraud? Taking money that's invested into a project and just paying off personal shit?

Tuconots
    I love how he kept saying this is business for the reason he had to let the devs go. Haha

Tuconots
    Yes. Rerolledzbollah

NSASATIRE.png

I LOL'd hard when I saw this.

Tuconots
    I'm not even joking when I added the NSA note

If I disappear, you know why.

Tuconots
    Because it was all gifts. If you donated you donated directly to his personal account.

He apparently didn't have enough sense to incorporate, but he apparently did have enough sense not to admit any partners into his Bradco. Those 10 guys writing lore were contractors. And as startlingly slipshod as this entire thing is, I wouldn't be surprised if their contract was written in crayon on a napkin.

As vile as it is, it is only an abuse of trust. There never was anything that even resembled a contract for him to breach when it comes to his apprentice bradtards. When it comes to his "team"... I dunno. I still think half of them were in on it except for the two schmucks that actually tried to do some work. Brad just didn't split the kit the way they thought he would.

I'm sure the IRS could fuck him if they decide to audit him. But that'll never happen. Audit a slumdog millionaire for bilking idiots out of 150k? There are real problems in the world.

Apprentice Developer
    Tuconots
    If we can get Brad to saying something horrible about Obama then the IRS will surely audit.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by kudos View Post
    If we can get Brad to saying something horrible about Obama then the IRS will surely audit.
    You will be audited for suggesting it.

Tuconots
    I'm not even joking when I added the NSA note

If I disappear, you know why.
    The NSA thing was the best part!

Tuconots
    haha i love the idea of some trust fund retard (and I mean probably a LITERAL retard) giving brad $35k and his Ben Stein accountant putting a stop to another $200k going Brad's way

this shit is like gold for a movie

there will definitely be tax implications here. nowadays more than $10k can't move around electronically without it getting reported to the IRS. I would bet Brad didn't set anything up correctly and if a couple mad "donors" report his ass to the IRS hotline they will definitely check his returns carefully next year.
    Last edited by spronk; 05-03-2014 at 01:03 AM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by spronk View Post
    haha i love the idea of some trust fund retard (and I mean probably a LITERAL retard) giving brad $35k and his Ben Stein accountant putting a stop to another $200k going Brad's way

lawl.

Like some Chris Chan looking rich kid stomping around his room yelling at his parents "Bwad is gonna make me a vibbeo game! My own ebba qwess!"

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by pointyboot View Post
    Man even the most ridiculous sounding lie would have sounded better than admitting he ripped off the project.
    Draegan is a faggoty piece of shit who sold the forum to mmorpg.com just to spite us. Register at the new site.

ReReRolled.org - A Gaming Community

Tuconots
    As Iannis said; there was no incorporation, so it's not embezzlement. The only hick up in his plan is that a single donation of 35k exceeds the 13k limit on gifts, but more than likely the giver will be responsible since a money manager is doing it. However, he could just say that the money was for some kind of service (With Brad as the sole proprietor); and then Brad can cancel it out with wage losses, or he might not even need to do that depending on his deductible obligations. The point is, it's not much and he can claim it numerous ways without taxation (And since a trust fund manager is handling it, I assume this is being done). Long and short, since the funding is all split up--it's gifts. They are HIS gifts, because it never went towards an incorporated business, to.

What I can't believe is that he thinks 55k is three months salary for a start up. I know Frenzic said he thinks he got that wrong, but if that's the actual amount that's shocking even for how bad this is.

there will definitely be tax implications here. nowadays more than $10k can't move around electronically without it getting reported to the IRS. I would bet Brad didn't set anything up correctly and if a couple mad "donors" report his ass to the IRS hotline they will definitely check his returns carefully next year.
    Naa; the only money that even needs to be reported is the 35k, and he doesn't have any other income, that's so easy to zero out a child could do it. Also, if it's a straight up gift, the giver is probably going to take responsibility for the taxes because of certain record keeping needs.
    Last edited by Lithose; 05-03-2014 at 01:26 AM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithose View Post
    Naa; the only money that even needs to be reported is the 35k, and he doesn't have any other income, that's so easy to zero out a child could do it.
    Are we talking about Brad the brilliant accountant or Brad the brilliant MMO visionary here?

Tuconots

Man, it would be an incredible fictional novel. A man lucksacks his way into a wildly profitable Internet business. He gets rich and decides to go it alone again. Corporate intrigue sabotages his second project which gets bailed out by an old friend. He's living on easy street after this second "success" which nets him even more cash as he devolves into a drug and alcohol binge that takes him to the depths of depression. After realizing he can't hold a job in his state, he gets an investor friend to put all his money in a fool-proof plan to make money on mortgage-backed securities just in time for the Great Recession. He crawls back to his original employer but is outclassed by all the new hipsters who don't respect a veteran of the industry. He decides to strike out on his own using this new crowd funding system that several of his contemporaries have used to make small fortunes. After getting a small amount of funding, a loved one falls seriously ill and he is forced to make a choice: take some of the money from his fledgling company to save his beloved or hold on to the faith that the project will succeed like his original project did 15 years earlier. He chooses the fast money and wrecks everything. He's audited by IRS, nailed for drug possession, and ends up spending time in federal prison on several different charges. Meanwhile, one of the other members of the new project offers to buy him out of it for a small sum, which he takes. The project then goes on to be a tremendous success.

Doesn't that sound like an amazing plot? Man, I wish I had time to write something like this.

Tuconots
    Are we talking about Brad the brilliant accountant or Brad the brilliant MMO visionary here?
    The sad part is, since a money manager donated it, it's probably all taken care of neatly for him. If it's a gift, said money manager will be doing all the paper work for Brad because he'll need to file so the IRS can track the lifetime limit (Which most likely his trustee is under, so nothing is going to get paid--if he's not, most likely the giver will pay anyway in this case). OR (More likely) he would have set it up so Brad was offering a service (So brad pays; and his trustee doesn't get it counted against his gift limit), and even then he'll make sure the paper work is done as due diligence (Which Brad can then zero out with the "wages" he paid as a sole proprietor). There is no way Brad will fuck this up because he's most likely not handling it. (And the reason he probably didn't release more funds was because Brad didn't have the paper work needed for actual investment; heh.)
    Last edited by Lithose; 05-03-2014 at 01:23 AM.

Tuconots
    And Vhalen just quit for good:

Terminusians,

My time on Terminus is at an end. As with many of the worlds I have trod upon, forces beyond control have descended upon my valiant team and me, leading us on a quest for new realities. My adventures here have come to an end and I shall miss you all for this was a community greater than any I have seen. Smaller than most, but filled with passion greater than all others combined. Together, we nearly shook the pillars of heaven. I hope we can all unite in other realms. There are still great worlds to create, exciting tales to tell and wondrous treasures to discover. For the LORE4 and I this is not farewell but simply… Till Yonder

Vhalen

(Tony Garcia)

@TheLore4 | Lore 4

Lore4 on Facebook

Tuconots
    ^Who's got the inside scoop on this?

Vulgarian
    Tuconots
    Every time you think it can't get worse it does.

I never cared about pantheon one way are the other, but now I worry the next step in getting worse may involve some of the people in this project harming themselves.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Siddar View Post
    Every time you think it can't get worse it does.

I never cared about pantheon one way are the other, but now I worry the next step in getting worse may involve some of the people in this project harming themselves.
    I hope not

Real talk

Tuconots
    That contradicts the more lore part..:

Tuconots
    Who's left on the team?

Tuconots
    The team is Brad, Tom and Chris

I'd say the meeting didn't go well. Brad most likely was asked to step aside and declined.

Tuconots
    Who the who is Chris?

Tuconots
    Brads friend... He is helping on the business end

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithose View Post
    As Iannis said; there was no incorporation, so it's not embezzlement. The only hick up in his plan is that a single donation of 35k exceeds the 13k limit on gifts, but more than likely the giver will be responsible since a money manager is doing it. However, he could just say that the money was for some kind of service (With Brad as the sole proprietor); and then Brad can cancel it out with wage losses, or he might not even need to do that depending on his deductible obligations. The point is, it's not much and he can claim it numerous ways without taxation (And since a trust fund manager is handling it, I assume this is being done). Long and short, since the funding is all split up--it's gifts. They are HIS gifts, because it never went towards an incorporated business, to.

What I can't believe is that he thinks 55k is three months salary for a start up. I know Frenzic said he thinks he got that wrong, but if that's the actual amount that's shocking even for how bad this is.

Naa; the only money that even needs to be reported is the 35k, and he doesn't have any other income, that's so easy to zero out a child could do it. Also, if it's a straight up gift, the giver is probably going to take responsibility for the taxes because of certain record keeping needs.
    I don't know much about kickstarter, but is that really how it's set up? You can start one for whatever reason, pocket all the money, then tell everyone "shit happens, deal with it"?

Tuconots
    this was the lore guy? what good is lore when you dont have a game to go with it? its just a fanfiction blog at this point.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambiturner View Post
    I don't know much about kickstarter, but is that really how it's set up? You can start one for whatever reason, pocket all the money, then tell everyone "shit happens, deal with it"?
    No, on kickstarter there is some level of protection for donators. However, Pantheon's kickstarter failed, this money was obtained separately on the Pantheon website

Tuconots
    Amod, can you change the title of this thread to Pantheon: Oh for fuck's sake...

Tuconots
    Amod, can you change the title of this thread to Pantheon: Oh for fuck's sake...
    You're on a roll, man.

Tuconots
    not much protection on kickstarter, if someone figures out something shady before the project funds, Kickstarter can stop everything (money doesn't flow out until the kickstarter is done) but once its done the money is gone into the projects account forever and there is nothing ks can do. Washington state though recently filed a lawsuit (few pages back) against someone who just walked away with $25k in 2012 and didn't deliver, so there are legal remedies that tend to get expensive and time consuming.

and brad can totally just walk away with all the money, it went into his bank account and it was all basically small (well some big) donations more or less, not investments. However he does need to treat the money right, and can't just say "welp a ton of people gave me $75k this year, I don't owe you anything IRS!" They don't really give a shit where you get your money, they just want their cut of it and Brad strikes me as the kinda guy who will not want/be able to give them their cut, and thats when you get into real trouble.

Maybe Brad should talk to the Nevada Militia guys and convince them he is a libertarian and the gobment is trying to steal his freedoms

Tuconots
    I don't understand how anyone can get behind this project.. Brad literally stole money. He was caught by Sal. It's not like he told them what he did. He got caught .. He stole from them and us.

Tuconots
    I just.. don't know if disappointed describes it. REALLY? Really?

Convo, you're missed in KTAM.

Tuconots
    So basically he used the money people donated to the project as a personal bank account. If that's not illegal it should at least be enough to keep anyone from every giving him another nickel.

Thread Information