Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: RPG Maker VX Ace

Tuconets
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanoomba View Post
    Any particular hurdles or challenges that were difficult to overcome?
    Learning Ruby. After focusing my efforts on C# and Java, Ruby was a brain twist.
    Though I wouldn't try to do to much with Ruby(for games), because its easily 10 to 100 times slower than C#.

I'd recommend checking this out. Lots of example to work from. Especially the few projects that also include the non-encrypted builds.
    http://contest.rpgmakerweb.com/

edit: No I am not a participant.
    Last edited by Grimsark; 07-10-2014 at 07:42 PM.
    "Sooner or later, reality becomes a quaint idea that most 'suffer' only when needed." - Grimsark
    IndieDev Gospel: Make Games - Finishing a Game
    Clarke's 3rd Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
    Grey's Law: "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice".
    “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” - R.W. Emerson

Tuconets
    ...double post...
    "Sooner or later, reality becomes a quaint idea that most 'suffer' only when needed." - Grimsark
    Clarke's 3rd Law: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
    Grey's Law: "Any sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice".
    “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” - R.W. Emerson

Tuconets
    I've spent several hours playing (or trying to play) through several of these contest submissions, and this one is by far my favorite so far.

You're Under Arrest

edit: On that note, the battles are quite boring... But its not the battles the make this good.
    Last edited by Grimsark; 08-06-2014 at 10:32 AM.

Tuconets
    A lesson hard learned, if at all, is that feature creep is real and it is one evil fuck... /sigh

Tuconets
    On sale at Steam until 9/19
    Warrior, Innoruuk Server