Thread: Engine for Turn based strategy game....?

Engine for Turn based strategy game....?

I don't know much about creating a video game but I have messed around with a lot of modding stuff in the past.

Lately I have an itch to try and create a turn based strategy game similar to one I played a long time ago. The game is called mission force cyberstorm.

Does anyone have any advice or ideas on how I could go about this? I don't know how to program so ideally something that has a nice mod or GUI would be nice. Just testing the waters and not really expecting to find much without spending some serious cash or hiring someone to develop.

Can't help with too much, but if you plan on creating a game you'll probably want to pick up programming - even if it's just a scripting language to start. I have no real assistance here.
    Noodleface#1412 - <Rerolled> US-Hyjal Horde - Noodleface

Follow me on Twitch! - Streaming Rerolled minivan dad raids Friday nights 9PM EST and Saturday mornings 11AM EST!

Near Port Huron, MI
    You might be able to use RPG maker with some free sci-fi assets. RPG maker has a free trial Make Your Own Game with RPG Maker

And you can get some game assets like sprites and sounds from here: Each asset there has a license of some sort but most are free to use as long as you reference the source.

Thread Information