That's hilarious, RIP EQ Live if those changes are made. Nobody will level legitimately in this day and age.
February Update Changes - AA Balancing and AAs for Gold Subs
Something sure needed doing. Little confused about the implementation though - guess we'll soon find out. ie :
Quote, first it says :
In addition to the above changes, we’re also considering a number of changes to spells and abilities that allow for killing excessive amounts of NPCs simultaneously.
The changes we currently have planned for AA abilities are significant in a few ways. Rogue's "Anatomy" and Berserker's "Decapitation" AA will be changed to limit their ability to proc against an infinite number of targets with no limitations on frequency
But then it says :
Each ability will have its chance to proc reduced. The intended chance to proc should average out to about 2 procs per minute.
Swarming needs to be stopped and PL'ing using these methods needs to stop but (as someone who has never played a Headshot Ranger, Rogue, SK or Berserker) the limit to one or two procs a minute is going too far. I think these classes should be able to grind on single light blues the way they do now - if some way could be implemented to stop them PL'ing others.
(presuming they are also doing away with SK swarming btw that they don't mention or the abilities used - eg Mortal Coil - which is the most OP of the lot).
Also AA changes :
...our current plan is to grant all AAs up to four expansions behind the current expansion. This will allow players to quickly get up to speed without completely eliminating the need to invest time in their character. Currently this will bestow the AAs up to Underfoot
Good move and should encourage more Gold subs. I know it won't be popular with a lot of you folks but I don't think this should apply on test.
As an example of why Swarming and PL'ing needs dealing with heres a screenie I took a few days ago :
This was genuine chat people buying and selling PLs, I shit you not.
Now they need to deal with the rampant raid currency duping that has been going on (GMs are extremely slack lately dealing with all sorts of things that would previously have been instant and permanent account bans). There are only two guilds on FV doing certain raids giving end game currency and - for example - only 4 of a certain item have been gained legitimately (SK 2 hander) but it's being sold frequently in chat for plat. People are open in chat about them being bought with duped currency but no action has been taken against any of the dupers.
Last edited by Flight; 02-04-2014 at 11:47 PM.
That's hilarious, RIP EQ Live if those changes are made. Nobody will level legitimately in this day and age.
i'm probably the guiltiest party on Test who employs these tactics. i'm more worried for live. this is truly going to piss off alot of people who speak with their wallets.
i'm moot on it, unhappy- but, whatever. i've gotten everything ive needed done, done with them. it's a shame though, mass decapping/swarming was pretty fucking fun. but, it'll be nice to be forced to group again too.
i know this will shrink Test's server population by a considerable amount, so that's a bummer. it was just getting high again, general nearly maxes out.
i wonder if the entire SoE team is just tired of dealing with Everquest, and this may be a subtle way of slowly pulling the plug on 'er, hoping people will find themselves back in EQN when it releases.
There's two different issues getting convoluted here :
ii) 'assassinate' abilities (HS/Decap/Anatomy)
Swarming is definitely a problem, but even here there are numerous emergent ways swarming is achieved. Mages can beam kite whole zones - this doesn't have to be light blues. Berserkers can swarm - but only light blues.
What's brought it to the fore is a small number of players consistently swarming the Grounds and Kaesora to sell PLs. When people grouping have tried to reason with these folk the folk swarming have generally not been willing to be reasonable and have caused massive zone disruption by hogging all the swarms. There are a very small number of people doing this but it is having massive results. Meanwhile the vast majority of people using the AAs in question are not causing any problems and are not killing mobs en masse.
I couldn't waffle on a dozen paragraphs about the issues but as I see it the summary is :
i) Swarming needs dealing with - this the community sees and will accept.
ii) Losing the assassinate abilities a LOT of people are going to have serious issues with. Headshot has been around for a long time (a decade ?) and it's way past time when SoE can get away with removing it from the game in it's current state when killing one mob at a time. This really could be the death knell for EQ1.
I suspect the devs are making a massive mistake trying to deal with these two issues at one 'convenient time'. Chat tonight has been full of people calling BS on trying to reduce proc rates to x 2 a minute because of server lag, for example. And of course people are acting suspicious that chat has gone down when everyone was becoming vocal about how unhappy they were.
Last edited by Flight; 02-05-2014 at 03:08 AM.
I know the beam lag is a big issue that disrupts people that have nothing to do with it and i hardly hear anyone defending it, even the people selling beam PL's seemed to do it discreetly or even hire a bard to actualy get the pull rounded up for the mage, but the HS/decap stuff was just as cheap because there was zero risk involved in generating shit tons of xp in about the same amount of time (factor in the pull and set up and one beam is huge xp but you can only do one or two in an hour after all is said and done where as decap trains in grounds could basically go forever since the respawn is so good and the return on a LB mob from there was significant). I leveled up a ranger at one point and when i could finally HS pofire I really had that "wow this is cheap and feels too good to be in game, but its fun so fuck it". Just because they were around for a long time doesnt mean they were ok , and as the power inflation ages as it always does they become even more powerful. I just cant sympathize with the 3-4 classes that had tricks to gain literally 10 times the xp as the other 11 or whatever classes with next to no risk. I think there has been an influx of new and returning players since eq went f2p, slowly but surely. Thats a good thing for the health of the game, but after said newcomers find out that buying your way to end game is a million times more efficient even if you work at mcdonalds for 8 bucks and hour, somethings fucked up. As with all big nerfs people will bitch long and hard, but eventually find new tricks. Its not the nail in the coffin this time just like it wasnt the last umpteen times such was proclaimed. I'd never admit to someone IRL how much time this damn game has comsumed of mine over the years but with the current shit fest of mmos i still come back to it for lack of a better term, the eq-ishness of it. cry on but i highly doubt eq will be closing down anytime soon
- edit forgot to mention the huge gap in power between a new comer who levels up and someone with good gear/augs, AA, clickies, and most of all volumes of eq know-how. this idea probably has a lot to do with bridging the gap for the recent influx. would you want to try out an oldschool game you never got around to only to learn in this day and age it still takes 80,000 man hours to even be an acceptable recruit to an end game guild?
Last edited by Uzi; 02-05-2014 at 03:36 AM.
Fucking awesome. I mentioned headshot bullshit in the EQ thread and some douchenozzle said "I dont know what I'm talking about"....yep, sure thing there. That panned out. It's cheap. Now is it cheap to the point I am butt hurt about it? No, obviously not it's a 15 year old game and most shit is instanced now anyway so while it certainly can cause minor problems, it's by no stretch a "major issue". The idea behind it is fine, kill weak ass mobs faster, but the implementation is garbage since classes with these skills can literally farm levels of magnitude faster than those without. Its not a 2.5 vs 1.0 speed issue.
As far as granting all of the aa. I actually heavily disagree with that. Again I get it, they want people to join back up and feel like they can do stuff, but I think just adjusting that aa xp curve again would suffice. You can already get level 90 and 5k aa if this were the only game you play in about 1-1.5 months. And at that level you are well on your way to joining a raid guild if you chose or just enjoying modern group content. There is really no need to just autogrant up to underfoot. Yet, again this is not some huge deal breaker, just unnecessary. I've already gained aa at an insane rate and I barely play(not double xp test, real server). Change the curve and leave the current theme.
If they really want to "draw people back to eq", which is clearly not possible in any real sense of the discussion, they should instance all raid content from vanilla through pre-PoT except for maybe a few notable exceptions of roaming dragons and shit. How many people want to come back and farm the ol' ToV/VT/VP/Sky/Hate/Fear? Shit, half the people you see posting in these "return to EQ threads" join up for a month to slaughter old shit and never even try the new missions or tasks. Funny part is they never get to kill their old rivals because that shit is camped 24/7 by god knows who, also somewhat funny since most of the items from said zones are no drop and the ones that can be dropped sell for what? 50k? I suppose if you lock it down you could buy your monthly krono and play eq for free.....
If this is truly an attempt at bringing back new people or retaining more of those who do return but don't last long they need to rethink their strategy. Handing someone aa or making the "PL market" go away will not keep folks around. Those folks just leave anyway. In my opinion, of course up for debate they need to do a few simple things:
1.) Make nostalgia possible, as stated above instance most "memorable" raid content pre-pop so it's not on lock down allowing return players to get their jollies off. Shit make everything no drop if you are seriously worried about the economy. We know they can make the instances start with as little as 1 person too so that's not the problem
2.) I agree that for those that wish to genuinely catch up and join friends it can suck, but another adjustment of the AA curve(and potentially leveling curve? say 1.5x xp prior to 75 or something?) would easily fix that without a shotgun grant of aa. If anything the shotgun grant causes problems. All of a sudden you hit 80 and have 45 hotkeys to place down, the descriptions are mostly ass and unless you forum read or ask for help you have no idea what's good and what's not, etc. If you doubled the curve there is no way someone wouldn't catch up in no time at all and yet it still retains that "im earning it" feeling when you see the AA numbers go up and get to spend points.
3.) While the whole killshot crap has issues it's far from game breaking and there is even a little economy around it. I say leave it in game, maybe reduce the levels a hair or some other minor crap. Honestly it's not a big deal. This coming from a class that doesn't have it(necro).
4.) Fix chat channels, that goes a long way for a new person to be able to meet people and find a guild
5.) come up with some kind of system to encourage doing some of the new instances/missions involved with each expansion. Let's face it, everyone has calculated in EQ what the best XP/sec is or some insane crap. That will never change. But make achievements for doing missions/tasks/expeditions for the first time give a reward of 10aa(made up a number). Now you help solve the aa problem and encourage people to do interesting content instead of just headshot farm. Plus it will also develop an, albeit temporary, market for people "pushing through" low levels. Everyone gets to the see the fucking 15 years of decent(? I have not done even close to half of it but that which I did was not bad at all) of content and not feel like they wasted an hour they could have been PLing.
Anyone explain this raid currency duping? I noticed an item I was putting in my shared bank to move to my Trader was still there on my main even after I took it out on the trader; it's happened enough for me to notice it but I haven't tried to purposefully do it (and the item seemingly getting duped is some worthless junk)...
Anyhow; I'm ambivalent on the swarming/insta kill/beam nerfs. I believe it will drastically change both the leveling environment and population of Test/FV. You'll probably see people more willing to form groups but also less people overall playing (and far less alts).
We shall see. I personally will be surprised if this makes it to Live in their suggested form.
As for the AA for Gold shit; I'd rather they just cut down the cost of the AA's in half than give us free ones.
Personally I think the problem is that the exp awarded for trivial kills is too high. (and/or way too low for harder kills) Leveling up and getting AAs, it was just far more rewarding to grind in the earliest expansions I could find that still had light blue cons than it was fighting in newer zones with dark blues. If this were readjusted, then swarming and insta-kill procs would become far less rewarding.
Granted I can't be bothered to do things like quest and look for groups.
Well, what were these people mostly swarming for? To get AA, right? So if they give you free AA there is no use for swarming. Right?
I agree, shitty changes, but people brought this on themselves. I will probably never log on my ranger again.
lol, I just read the official forums on it. Assuming they are being honest, apparently the problem with swarming isn't XP but massive spikes in CPU usage that causes problems for all zones hosted on the server. They put up a little graph of how a few swarmers make the thing peak out at like 90% capacity.
Bard swarming was nerfed way back.
I get the mage changes. Their pet tanks better than two raid warriors with 3 clerics in their back together. The beaming issues is also very valid.
However the SK nerf, the nerf to headshot, the rogue change is too much. SKs swarm groups of mobs from three expansion back, Rangers can safely do max 6-7 mobs and roguer are almost extinvt except on Zek. So why bother?
Giving away 4K AAK is also a slap to the face of the people who grinded these. I can see the gameplay need, though. If you start fresh and want to play with your friends - I know the usual "little timmy" blizzard argument - you need month to get to usefulness. And I highly doubt there are "new" players after 15 years. Some board freeplayers maybe. So we all have been there, earned the stripes.
Having 10k AAX after 20 expansion was a shitty gameplay design anyway.
I am curious how this will end. Every gold member and his mother is on the forum right now. Thread reached 65 pages after 2 hours.
Sort of agree with AA changes, although not the method. I am extremely casual these days (play a month or two each year, mostly solo) and I usually manage 30ish AA per hour max. 2-3k to is still hundreds of hours you need to do at a certain level (you'd be crazy not to do it at one of the "optimal" levels) before you can realistically progress.
Skipping AA until the end isn't really an option because of the huge bump up in mob HP and damage output as you move up in levels. My 71/300 paladin can solo light blue PoP mobs 6 at a time, move up a few expansions and a single dark blue will kick my ass, not to mention the mob has far more hp so it takes ages to kill.
I was skimming the list of comments and somebody implied that the SK epic clicky was also being nerfed, which is pretty lame. I'm surprised that they even care enough to make this level of nerfs so late in the evolution of a game.
The AA change is interesting. On one hand, it removes the need to AA at certain benchmark levels, which allows for more control over your level and gameplay. On the other hand, there's only so much content to experience at a given level when you remove the need to AA prior to level 85 or 90 or whatever it is that they've capped up until.
Yea, but there are so many better ways to handle it. Just inflate the AA xp curve again. Make the first 2.5k come as fast as the first 100. Then give AA rewards for actually doing content instead of just PLing or whatever. Add something basic like a 3aa award to all solo tasks from TSS up and a 5aa award to all group tasks/missions from TSS up...make in this addition to whatever the current reward is.
Now you have more aa coming in without this retarded auto-grant nonsense which is just confusing and overall detrimental, but people will still earn more AA and maybe actually do some of all the cool content they spend so much time creating over the last 15 years.
Well the difference between what your saying Rangoth and what they are doing is work. Giving people the free aa's will take no effort on the developer, whereas adding an achievement system like that would. Although I do agree that the curve should just be adjusted instead of just giving people that many free aa's.
I found actually spending the AA's to be a huge hassle honestly, specially while powerleveling. If you could pre-spend them or they could come up with some non retarded pre-spend tracks instead of just banking them and getting stuck at 30aa, it would be a lot easier. When they do double xp on test, i was spending like half my time allocating AA's amongst several characters instead of actually playing.
Interesting. Piestro (community manager) responded after the first thread reached 96 pages:
New thread is here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/i...pdates.207587/Greetings,
We've gone ahead and made a few changes to our plan based on your feedback. Please go read our changes here and continue to let us know what you think.
Either way they do it, it's a positive change. XP rate should be balanced without the consideration of the kind of PLing that goes on. If people aren't enjoying the process of leveling or AAing at certain points these PLing tactics simply serve as a band-aid to fix that void of enjoyment. EQ is riddled with band-aids that reduce the relevance of equipment and content, and it doesn't need more. It needs so much less.
The systemic update to AA auto-granting is a good move to shorten the gap from 1 to 100 (+10k AA). As a game grows in progression range, the time needed to get from MIN to MAX should be relatively similar. That has most definitely not been the case for EverQuest, and it causes a very wide distribution of player power that often can't cooperate for mutual benefit. The envelope needs to slim down so the few players over the massive world can more frequently be of benefit to one another.
Finally, with the reduction in procs to the Headshot, Assassinate, and Decapitate abilities, we felt comfortable making these abilities more relevant to current EverQuest. As such, these abilities at their maximum AA will now work on mobs up to a player’s current level -1. For example, a level 100 Rogue with maxed out Assassinate will be able to assassinate level 99 mobs.
I am absolutely astonished how out of touch the devs are with the playerbase. They don't seem to have any understanding of why people play this game. They seem bent on forcing people into the newer content, which is not why most people play EQ.
Newer content is the only reason to play on Live. The old content sucks, and the changes to AC/HP code for the benefit of newer content have made much of older content trivial even in era appropriate equipment; furthermore, the whole point of massive PLing is to reach the newer content. Without this easy option to progress rapidly more people may be interested in the opportunity cost of older content.
I recently started playing this again. Anyone active on Bristlebane?
Also when is this February update going to kick off? Been farming a ton of AAs this last couple weeks, haha.
I was playing on FV before, but not active on live right now. I can't imagine playing on a legit server. NO TRADE is absurdly inconvenient.
At some point SoE decided "welp, every melee is a twink now and has 1:2 weapons or beter, so we should change casters to be in line with them".
Massive upgrades across the board.
I doubt anything was changed about AC/HP at lower levels. Never heard of it, and I kinda played non-stop 2000 -> 2009 or so.
More I think about it the more I think this is EQs NGE moment.
With a very limited playerbase, being able to have classes that can rapidly help me level AAs or levels was very convienent for me, as I have no interest in grinding AA like the old days 1 mob at a time. It would also seem the population is a lot lower than it appears when you log in as well since most people are 2-6 boxing up alts. The last thing they need to do is alienate a good portion of the player base since they dont really have the population that can afford much of a decrease.
I returned to playing EQ about 6 months ago after a 8 year absence and have been having a blast doing old content. I haven't felt the need to bitch about the massive number of AAs I need to earn as I level, but I can understand modifying the curve a bit. ATM with my limited play time, I feel no need to race to the end.
I can see how swarming can annoy other players wanting to crawl through content.
The massive mistake the devs are making here is dealing with HS/Decap/Anatomy under the same banner at the same time.
Intentionally or unintentionally they are trying to herd people into playing their more recent content not realising that for many people this is where they don't want to be.
Personally love the AA change - don't care about the other ones at all as I don't have any character over 75 or 80 I don't think, and also no rogue/beastlord/sk for swarm killing anyways.
I'm the kind of player that logs in once a year or so for a couple months - either start a new character or take my level 65-80s around and kill old content I never got the chance to in the past. This AA change will suddenly grant me significant more power to be able to do some more of that old content in a two or three-box scenario. I'm looking forward to it. My 71 Monk with 200 AA will suddenly get a massive shift in power and be able to molo quite a bit I'd imagine with all the defense and offense aa's and whatnot.
I like it from my perspective - cause I'm simply too bored just sitting there grinding AA when I do log in. I'd rather just hop in, maybe level a new character to 75 (takes a minimum of time with mercs), have the AAs and wander around killing Trakanon or whatever.
The problem was mage using changes to beam AE spells that happened only about 15 months ago to swarm in current level 100 content. SoE for some reason wont admit it made a mistake with mages and has to nerf other classes along with mages to get at the problem of mages. SK swarming lite blues three to four expansion back that nobody cared about gets nerfed to stop mages from killing 100 yellow cons at once in highend zones.
The AA change is pure God mode hit level 51 instant max AA hit level 52 instant max AA all the way up to level 85 where you will have 4-5k AA.
Last edited by Siddar; 02-07-2014 at 12:57 AM.
the worst part about it is, after everyone's super saiyan powers are gone, mages will still be fucking gods with their pets, while the others scramble in the LFG system, largely unable to find shit to do.
Saw some random comments that they were also nerfing mage pet tanking capabilities. Anyone know if there is any truth to that?
They pet nerfed us (pet people) like last summer or something, took like 10-25% off of the EM value. If they do anything else it will just be the same as before I would bet. It still won't change anything, someone with 5k aa's in pets are going to rock some shit up.
This is the stupidest fucking thing they have ever done to EQ. Seriously, way to fuck EQ SoE. /golfclap
So this is one of the reasons fixes need making :
eq beam pling.JPG
That's mass pulling and killing in a tier 3 lvl 100 zone. As someone has said though it will still happen with Mages even if Beams are restricted to 12 targets.
So much shit to do right now I'm overwhelmed. made it to 84 with 800 AA as a war/cleric combo. Now to grind more AAs once I hit 86, Tradeskills to start on shawl, Epic 2.0 for the cleric, Heroic adventures, dailies, questing, Godamn.
Also, they have a ton more mana and mana regen. When I was doing OBF at 86, my cleric merc could heal my tank pet for 1 maybe 2 mobs before running oom (most pet def AA for a necro). With the J5, he doesn't really run out.
One I blocked the cleric merc from casting HoTs the world changes a bit. Look into it, theres a blocked buff tab in the eq button thing. So instead of casting some shitty hot, it will cast a real heal when you or the pet has 20%hp.
Only 2 are actually. I'll agree it's a lame concept they never continued to build on, but I still find spell awareness awesome and I suppose the extra attack/hp/regen don't hurt but probably are not worth it.
What are EQ's normal patch days? General consensus (from somewhere?) was that the free AA/swarm etc changes were going to happen on Live on the 17th, which would put them on Test around now, no? Still nothing yet, though.
So tl;dr old EQ content is a goddamn joke now, even if you stick to in-era gear. If you want to challenge yourself, do group content without raid gear or a mage pet. That's the hardest shit in EQ.
Last edited by Kreugen; 02-12-2014 at 04:14 AM.
Last edited by Flight; 02-12-2014 at 06:04 PM.
Test Server coming down in 8 minutes for patching.
Just logged into all my characters and /resetaa so that I have a bunch banked to be able to see what doesn't get auto-granted/etc.
February 12, 2014
*** Highlights ***
- Alternate Advancement Ability Auto-Granting: AA abilities are now auto-granted up to level 85 and House of Thule for Gold players who check the opt-in box on the "Alternate Advancement" window. See the "AA" section below for more details.
- Leadership AAs have been converted to standard abilities. You no longer need to earn separate leadership experience to obtain these abilities.
- Spells and AA abilities for several classes have been altered. See the "Spells" and "AA" sections below.
- Heroic Adventure Rares - Many problematic spells used by rares inside of Heroic Adventures have been changed, and target selection for all of their spells improved. See the "NPC" section below for more details.
- Heroic Adventures no longer lock on certain steps, so players can be added to them at any time. Request timers are unchanged.
- Increased the spawn chance for all rare NPCs in House of Thule.
- Progression servers have a new poll available regarding the implementation of Alternate Advancement Ability Auto-Granting. You must be level 60 and on a progression server to vote.
*** Items ***
- The Breakdown in Communication gemstones are now on a lore group. Previously, you could have more than one, though wearing multiples would zero out their stats without giving a message as to why. If you find yourself in a situation where you don't have the highest BiC augment for which you are eligible, delete all your BiC augments and hail Fezbin Fizzles in Abysmal Sea to receive the correct replacement.
- Increased the drop rate for Xorbb's Caged Hatred from 1 percent to 5 percent.
- Slightly improved the damage done by the Revenge effect on the Ring of Revenge.
- The Orb of Calm Tides has gained the ability to clear away stormy skies if it is raining in addition to its original power of calling forth rain showers during clear weather.
- Reaper Strike and its Recourse, as well as Lich Sting and its Recourse, now fade after their owners deal 800 hits.
- Leeching Embrace now fades after its owner deals 180 melee hits.
- Leeching Touch now fades after its owner deals 360 melee hits.
- Cultural molds, patterns, symbol patterns, and crafting tools are now available for sale from Culturist Devari in the Plane of Knowledge.
- Fixed an issue where some item ornaments weren't rendering properly.
*** Quests & Events ***
- Hate Rising - Raid - Corrected a text error that appears when players are struck with the Spear Throw ability.
- Hate Rising - Raid - Banshees now properly remove charm from their victims when defeated.
- Hate Rising - Mission and Raid - Treasure chests no longer spawn in inaccessible areas.
- Endless War - The cliknar bombers in this Heroic Adventure now stop their attack runs after the fourth step, like other, similar effects.
- Endless War - The cliknar bombers in this Heroic Adventure now deal roughly half their previous damage, and their damage isn't inadvertently increased by players' AAs.
- Ritual of Terror - Raid - The duration on the silence component of the Confusing Mists debuff has been reduced to 1 tick.
- Heroic Adventures no longer lock on certain steps, so players can be added to them at any time. Request timers are unchanged.
- Working Overtime - Nibbling Moles in this Heroic Adventure will no longer leave corpses.
- Espionage Starts at Home - Fleeing Witnesses in this Heroic Adventure will no longer leave corpses.
- Dark elves killed during Neriak - Fourth Gate Heroic Adventures now have a chance to drop dark elf Hero's Forge armor ornaments.
- Ancient Heroes - The raids offered by Old Man McKenzie now allow up to 6 of the same class template to be chosen. Previously, these raids only allowed one of each class to be chosen.
- Ancient Heroes - The missions and raids offered by Old Man McKenzie now reward a small amount of experience upon completion.
- All reward sets that grant experience now list an approximate value of the amount of experience given.
*** Spells ***
- Greatly increased the proc rate of Life Drain Poison and Soul Drain Poison.
- The Ire of Marr and Wrath of Marr effects now last for 5 minutes.
- Beastlord - Corrected effect caps that caused Sha's Reprisal to have unintended results.
- Cleric - Made several changes to how the Shining Rampart line of spells works:
-- All ranks now trigger-cast a separate damage absorption buff called Shining Defense, which absorbs 10 percent of incoming melee damage up to a total of 3200 hits.
-- The Shining Rampart buffs themselves now have a limit of 72 defensive procs before they fall, and will proc less often on creatures that are below the level of the spells.
-- All ranks of the Shining Rampart spells have had their mana costs increased a bit to be more equitable with the other two priests' lines of spells.
- Cleric - Added a proc limit of 120 to the Ward of the Divine line of spells.
- Cleric - Anticipated Interposition should now have a more distinctive icon.
- Cleric and Shaman - Corrected an issue that could prevent Free or Silver players from properly casting the Preincarnation spell.
- Druid - Made several changes to the Skin of the Reptile line of spells:
-- All ranks now last the same base amount of time: 4.5 minutes.
-- Mana costs are now lower and scale more smoothly.
-- All ranks have had their proc limit increased to 72 procs.
- Enchanter - Corrected effect caps that caused Dreary Deeds to have unintended results.
- Magician - Changed the early ranks of the Burning Aura line of spells to be limited to 48 procs, rather than 240 incoming attacks, to match later spells in the line.
- Magician - Hulking Bodyguard now fades after 48 hits like later spells in the line.
- Magician - Added a target limit of 12 to all beam spells.
- Necromancer - Corrected effect caps that caused Death's Malaise to have unintended results.
- Paladin - Increased the proc limit on the Ward of Tunare line of spells to 32.
- Paladin and Shadowknight - Corrected effect caps that caused Helix of the Undying to have unintended results.
- Shadowknight - Leechcurse Discipline now has a hit limit of 350 incoming hits.
- Shaman - Made several changes to the Lingering Sloth line of spells:
-- All ranks now have a limit of 240 defensive procs before they fall.
-- All ranks now increase in mana cost as their levels increase.
-- Increased the chances for ranks 1 and 2 of Lassitude and later to cast a healing spell from 30/40/50 percent to 45/47/49 percent.
- Wizard - Increased the target limit on all beam spells to 12.
- Wizard - Increased the target limit on the Funnel of Frost line from 8 to 12.
*** NPC ***
- Increased the spawn chance for all rare NPCs in House of Thule.
- Fellowship campfires are no longer targetable and will now be listed in the "Find" window as "Fellowship Campfire - Player Name's Fellowship."
- Heroic Adventure Rares - All Rares inside of Heroic Adventures now appear in the "Find" window.
- Heroic Adventure Rares - Messages now appear in the chat window and in pop-up text whenever a rare is spawned inside of a Heroic Adventure.
- Heroic Adventure Rares - Many problematic spells used by rares inside of Heroic Adventures have been changed, and target selection for all of their spells improved:
-- Guard Captain N'Mar - The Shield of Foolishness buff now lasts for approximately 2 ticks.
-- Guard Captain N'Mar - The Punitive Measures debuff is now only cast on one player at a time, and now lasts for approximately 2 ticks. It also has a longer recast timer.
-- Guard Captain N'Mar - Greater Evocation now only hits one target, instead of all targets in an area, and won't be cast on the main tank in a group.
-- Firesting - Blazing Venom won't be cast on the main tank in a group, lasts for one more tick before casting Spontaneous Combustion, and deals less damage each tick.
-- Firesting - Spontaneous Combustion damage was halved, and is no longer inadvertently modified by player AAs.
-- An Enraged Bixie Drone - Brutal Strike is now only cast when the drone is below 50 percent health. The spell deals slightly less damage and will not be cast on the main tank in a group.
-- Tleroth the Mistress of the Web - The messaging for the Webstorm spell has been improved.
-- Princess Honeywing - Scent of the Future Queen had its description revised to better reflect its effects.
-- Princess Honeywing - Bixie drones spawn less often, drop no loot, and are capped at a maximum of 10 up at a time.
-- Monarch Deathwing - Monarch's Retribution now lasts for approximately 2 ticks, has a longer recast timer, and cannot remove players, pets, or mercs from the Monarch's hatelist.
-- Monarch Deathwing - Debilitating Fumes now lasts for approximately 3 ticks.
-- Gellwing, the Corpse Looter - Brutal Strike is now only cast when Gellwing is below 50 percent health, deals slightly less damage, and will not be cast on the main tank in a group.
-- Gellwing, the Corpse Looter - Empowered Blade's damage has been reduced to 25 percent of previous damage.
-- Bloodsucker - Life Leech deals one-third its previous damage, but now heals the caster for damage dealt. It now only lasts approximately 3 ticks, and has appropriate descriptions.
-- Bloodsucker - Base attack speed has been slowed by 20 percent.
-- Oozoroze - Prismatic Ooze now only lasts approximately 3 ticks, and its damage scales with the Oozoroze's level.
-- Oozoroze - Creeping Ooze's damage has been reduced by approximately 50 percent.
-- Vorovelze - Fungal Cloud now lasts approximately 3 ticks.
-- Lieutenant Robert Ward - Panic has been renamed to Crippling Panic and no longer has a fear effect.
-- Jattius Rattican - Infectious Agony now lasts for approximately 4 ticks.
-- Spirit of the Hills - Crushing Fist's damage was reduced slightly.
-- Squire Gordon Flock - Panic has been renamed to Crippling Panic and no longer has a fear effect.
-- Squire Alan Wells - Crippling Blade now silences its victim instead of inflicting a fear effect.
-- Evoker K`Lexor - The Shield of Foolishness buff now lasts for approximately 2 ticks.
-- Evoker K`Lexor - The Punitive Measures debuff is now only cast on one player at a time. It lasts for approximately 2 ticks and has a longer recast timer.
-- Evoker K`Lexor - Greater Evocation now only hits one target, instead of all targets in an area, and won't be cast on the main tank in a group.
-- Rilen D`Tradis - Resentment now lasts for approximately 5 ticks, and Rilen selects his target randomly from his hatelist.
-- Rilen D`Tradis - Messaging has been added to clarify the interaction between his spells.
-- Bloody Tome - Shared Insight now has a cap on the amount of mana an individual character loses.
-- Plague Bringer - Caustic Cloud now only lasts for approximately 3 ticks.
-- Plague Bringer - Has a new ability called Plaguetouch.
- Fixed issue where some NPC's are not scaling to the appropriate player's level in Heroic Adventures.
- Fixed an issue where some NPC's were not dropping certain loot in Heroic Adventures.
*** AA ***
- Auto-Granting of AAs for Gold Subscribers:
-- A checkbox has been added to the AA window which will allow players to choose if they wish to participate in the auto-granting of AA abilities when they meet the requirements for those abilities.
-- For Time-Locked Progression Servers, the Call of the Forsaken expansion must be open before auto-granting becomes available.
-- All AA except those noted below are included, up to and including the Underfoot expansion.
--- Excluded AA from auto-grant:
---- Alchemy Mastery
---- Baking Mastery
---- Blacksmithing Mastery
---- Fletching Mastery
---- Fletching/Bowyer Mastery
---- Jewel Craft Mastery (Enchanter)
---- Jewel Craft Mastery (Non-Enchanter)
---- Poison Mastery
---- Pottery Mastery
---- Tailoring Mastery
---- Tinkering Mastery
---- Spell Casting Subtlety
----- Spell Casting Sublety has been removed as a requirement for other "Silent Casting" abilities so players may choose to purchase them as desired.
- Leadership AAs have been converted to standard abilities. You no longer need to earn separate leadership experience to obtain these abilities. To learn more about the change, you can press 'L' in-game to view a description of the new functionality.
- Berserker - Decapitation - Changed all levels of this ability to function on enemies at the purchase level minus 1.
- Berserker - Decapitation - Created 3 new ranks of this ability to bring its maximum effective level up to 99.
- Cleric - Divine Retribution will now fade after 40 procs.
- Enchanter - Changed the buff icon for Deep Sleep to avoid confusion with mesmerization effects.
- Enchanter - the First Spire of Enchantment now has a proc limit of 24.
- Ranger - Headshot - Changed all levels of this ability to function on enemies at the purchase level minus 1. Reduced the proc rate to approximately 2 per minute for a raid geared player.
- Ranger - Headshot - Created 3 new ranks of this ability to bring its maximum effective level up to 99.
- Rogue - Anatomy (Assassinate) - Changed all levels of this ability to function on enemies at the purchase level minus 1. Reduced the proc rate to approximately 2 per minute for a raid geared player.
- Rogue - Anatomy - Created 3 new ranks of this ability to bring its maximum effective level up to 99.
- Shadowknight - Mortal Coil now has a hit limit of 1320 incoming hits and will trigger Mortal Residue more often. Mortal Residue's duration has been extended.
*** Progression Servers ***
- Progression servers have a new poll available regarding the implementation of Alternate Ability Auto-Granting. You must be level 60 and on a progression server to vote.
- Hero's Journey achievements that award armor or weapons are now restricted on progression servers.
*** Collections ***
- All Heroic Adventures now spawn 4 Collection items every run. That number was previously randomized in some adventures.
*** Achievements ***
- The Underfoot requirement for opening the "Achievements" window has been removed.
*** Miscellaneous ***
- The doors leading from Lower to Upper House of Thule now appear in the "Find" window and no longer prevent players from entering. On progression servers, Call of the Forsaken must be active on the server for at least one month for the restriction to be removed.
- The doors leading from Upper to Lower House of Thule now appear in the "Find" window.
- The zone line leading from Upper House of Thule to Morell's Castle now appears in the "Find" window and no longer prevents players from entering. On progression servers, Call of the Forsaken must be active on the server for at least one month for the restriction to be removed.
*** UI ***
- "EQ" buttons can now be made into hotbuttons. Click and hold any "EQ" button to create a hot button that can be used in any hotbar.
- In the "Edit Social" window and chat windows, putting a '#' symbol before a command will now ignore the rest of that command. This can be used in socials for "commenting" or for ignoring a line without needing to clear the line.
- Right clicking on AA hot buttons will now take you to the correct AA in the "Alternate Advancement" window.
- Leadership abilities were removed from the "Leadership AA" window. The abilities are now built into normal game function and are available without having to spend points.
-- The Leadership abilities window has been removed.
-- Any hotbuttons that were made for these abilities retain their functionality.
-- Leadership abilities are now available without having to spend Leadership AA points.
-- Removed the "Fast LA Purchase" checkbox from the General options.
- Fixed the positioning of the "Player Studio" icon and "Created By" label to properly anchor to the bottom of the preview window when the "Marketplace" window is resized.
- Changed -
- Removed -
*** Previously Updated ***
- In the Heroic Adventure "Royal Access,” the bookcase within the parlor will now disappear when clicked.
- The ornate chest within the Heroic Adventure "Royal Access" now contains either a key or a note when opened.
- The Heroic Adventure "Life After Death" will no longer become gated if you give Brother Estle more than 3 items of Bear Bile, Sapling Resin, or Sapling Charcoal.
- Player corpses in the Dead Hills raid "The Legacy of Bayle" will now collect near Adana Baxter if Bayle's troops regroup.
- Defeating Brood Mother Visziaj in Crystallos will now also unlock credit for and items belonging to Chief Researcher Entharr, as long as he remains... absent.
- Corrected an issue that prevented players from obtaining the bonus reward for the Erollisi Day quest "The Perfect Companion."
- The EverQuest Team
I've spent a lot of time recently collecting mob stats for project EQ (the most popular emu database), and I still have my old logs. Velious raid content has the same min and max hits today as they did 12 years ago. PoP mobs all have slightly reduced DIs for some reason (which means reduced max hits).
Torrin-Vindicator+Statue.txt 1227 [Thu Oct 18 20:49:12 2001] The Avatar of War hits YOU for 1154 points of damage.
eqlog_Torven_test.txt 121520 [Tue Jan 28 08:22:58 2014] The Avatar of War slashes YOU for 1154 points of damage.
Mobs were hand tuned for about the first five years of EQ then at some point they went to a standard system and changed mobs damage values to a standard template. I don't remember when but it had to do with adding multiple mob types in addition to the existing undead, animal, humanoid.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)