Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Comic Book Thread

Tuconots

Comic Book Thread

Let's try this again...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lyrical; 12-07-2012 at 02:37 AM.

Tuconots
    ten char limit

Tuconots
    man, I wish someone could just copy/paste stuff lost in the last few days.

Tuconots
    Don't worry, we'll last here for at least a week .

Tuconots

From The Long Halloween. Batman is talking about listening to his father's audiotapes as a child applying it to kicking the shit out of some baddies.

Tuconots
    Invinicle vs Conquest. Invicible #64

Tuconots

A Gentleman and a Scholar Felonius's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Sleep over at Dworkk's house

Tuconots

Hellboy's pancake moment

Tuconots
    If anyone has an extra LCD monitor laying around, I highly recommend flipping it vertically and using it to read CBR's.

I'm really digging the new Hawkeye series. The writing is excellent, and the art really fits. I've never been one to pay attention to the character, but the style they've gone with makes it stand on its own. The Whedonesque humour in the book helps as well.

Tuconots
    X-Men_Vol_1_136.jpg

My favorite X-Men story.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerchi View Post
    pamcakes
    This is why I love Hellboy.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    If anyone has an extra LCD monitor laying around, I highly recommend flipping it vertically and using it to read CBR's.
    You really cannot beat an iPad/tablet for reading comics. I've easily got my moneys worth 100x over buying an iPad for reading comics, I couldn't imagine reading them on my PC now, wouldn't be comfy enough.

Does anyone know wtf happened to ComicBT.com?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Devlin View Post
    You really cannot beat an iPad/tablet for reading comics. I've easily got my moneys worth 100x over buying an iPad for reading comics, I couldn't imagine reading them on my PC now, wouldn't be comfy enough.

Does anyone know wtf happened to ComicBT.com?
    I have a tablet and use it for comics, but the extra size of the monitor makes the lack of comfort worth it when I don't need the portability of the tablet.
    Counter proposal: I go home and jerk-off

A Gentleman and a Scholar Felonius's Avatar
    Tuconots
    This is my 3rd time posting this (FoH, MN, now here) lol. But seriously, The Stuff of Legend is the best graphic novel I have read in, well, my entire life. It's the story of toys who have to enter the "Dark" to save the boy who owns them from the boogeyman. I bought the first 2 collected novels, couldn't put it down and went on a day trip just to locate the third. The characters all feel very real, considering they're toys, and the jester is just a badass. Disney is in works to make a movie of it once the series has run it's course. As far as I understood it, it plans to finish by book 4/5.

Last edited by Felonius; 12-18-2012 at 12:00 AM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom View Post
    I have a tablet and use it for comics, but the extra size of the monitor makes the lack of comfort worth it when I don't need the portability of the tablet.
    All this.

I spend hours in front of a computer monitor as it is, I don't see why people think it would suddenly be uncomfortable just because I'm reading a comic on it. I like reading on my nook tablet, but have no trouble whatsoever using the laptop when the urge strikes.

Tuconots
    Secret Wars was comic nirvana when I was in school. The Hulk holding up a mountain was badass back then.

Tuconots
    I read Marvel Comics: The Untold Story the other day and recommend it if you have any interest in reading about how absolutely fucked up Marvel was as a company. The amount of backstabbing, drama, and retardation that happened in their offices while still managing to tell some of the best stories ever told is amazing.

It's a dry read, but has a shitload of info in it that any comic fan will find interesting. For example, Secret Wars was created around characters Mattel had licensed in order to sell toys, and the name was chosen based on market research that found that "secret" and "wars" were two words that kids loved. Spidey's black costume was from an unsolicited story a reader submitted, and was paid $220 for.
    Last edited by Dom; 12-18-2012 at 04:35 AM.

Tuconots
    Just read Amazing Spiderman 700... Marvel just took a giant dump on decades of history.

Tuconots
    Yeah, crazy. I'm hooked on the idea though, ill be checking out Superior Spider-Man.

Tuconots
    yeah, sounds like its going to be a great story. We'll see where they go with it. (superiour spiderman that is)

I think I prefer my tablet to reading on the pc honestly.

I mentioned this before. But tablet platforms take 30% off the top for all sales on them. this is everything. Including things you buy on comixology.
    Then comixology takes 50%. This leaves 35% for publisher/creators. If you have a publisher, aka darkhorse, Image, Archia, etc, they take 50%
    Retailers are thus getting 65% of a digital comic, on a tablet. Creators 17%ish. 34c on a 1.99 comic. If it sells 5000, then creators get $1741 between writer, pencils, inker, colorist, letters, editor, assistant. thats $87/page or $14/page per personish. I dont know about you, but I pretty much will not work for $2-3/hour.

Buying direct from comixology, on the PC, then downloading to your tablet. should bypass the apple/google 30%. this also has the advantage of a check out. Buy, ok. buy ok, Buy ok. on the tablet is a bit annoying. selecting 20 books, and doing checkout once I like personally.
    Buying direct from the creators if that is an option is also REALLY good for us. Try to look into if that is an option for any not DC/Marvel book you might consider.
    Terry moore for example, sells direct hard copies.
    http://www.strangersinparadise.com/store.html
    Rachel rising is one of my favorites right now.

When I get around to self publishing, I'll probably sell direct cbrs, in addition to comixology.

I should mention, that math is largely why most artists, know we need to work via alternative revenue streams. t-shirts, etc. Even webcomics, give the comic for free. Both of the indies, I'm working on, are going the webcomic route.
    Last edited by Caliane; 12-19-2012 at 04:14 AM.

SPECIAL BEAM CANNON
    Tuconots
    And then Peter Parker went to Hell after having been irrevocably corrupted by his dealings with Mephisto while Doc Ock commits rape by fraud again and again and again and again.

Tuconots
    My google-fu is failing me, and I don't have a scanner handy,
    But one of the more memorable parts of any comic to me was in Azrael #100.
    It was when a bloodied and shot to death Azrael talks to batman right before going to heaven/ the afterlife.

I might just be a huge Azrael fan who remembers that last issue far too well, but that two panels have stuck with me for a while.

Maybe i can download the cbr and try to get the image.
    I will flay the skin from your flesh and the flesh from your bones and scrape your bones dry. And still you will not have suffered enough

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by escrima View Post
    Just read Amazing Spiderman 700... Marvel just took a giant dump on decades of history.
    I just read it, and I don't know what to say.

Tuconots
    I didn't even realize that leaked so early, I thought it was out this week and it's not out until next.

A lot of great books out this week though.

Tuconots

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Isengard View Post
    No Manga?
    No manga.

There is a manga thread though. A few actually, this one is for general manga.

http://www.rerolled.org/showthread.p...verything-Else

Tuconots
    mkay

SPECIAL BEAM CANNON
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrical View Post
    I just read it, and I don't know what to say.
    What bothers me isn't that Peter Parker is going to be tormented in Hell due to being irrevocably corrupted from his dealing with Mephisto or that Doctor Octopus is going to commit rape by fraud over and over and over. What bothers me is that part of the justification given for One More Day was that Spiderman needed to be in a state that someone only familiar with the films could understand if they went and bought a comic. The relaunch was going to be classic Spiderman doing classic Spiderman stuff.

Well a film just came out and now we have this pile.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    What bothers me isn't that Peter Parker is going to be tormented in Hell due to being irrevocably corrupted from his dealing with Mephisto or that Doctor Octopus is going to commit rape by fraud over and over and over. What bothers me is that part of the justification given for One More Day was that Spiderman needed to be in a state that someone only familiar with the films could understand if they went and bought a comic. The relaunch was going to be classic Spiderman doing classic Spiderman stuff.

Well a film just came out and now we have this pile.
    Caliane made a comment on the other boards that made sense. This just feels like Disney is screwing with Sony since it can't have the rights to one of the most popular charachters ever. Disney wants the rights back, Sony won't give them up, so then Disney kills off Peter Parker in every continuity there is, as an F.U. to Sony.

It makes a hell of a lot more sense, in that respect.

Tuconots
    Am I a bad person because I kind of want it to work? The last Spider-Man movie was about a half step ahead of Meet the Spartans. Every bit as bad as FF2 or X3.

Anyways, I mentioned on one of the other boards but it's gone in to the ether. So here's my last post from FoH.
    So I guess The Boys is done now. I am legitimately bummed out to not have them to look forward to anymore. I think they managed to keep the same artists for the whole run, and of course Ennis was the writer from start to finish. Always nice to see a series complete it's entire run and tell it's whole story all with the same team top to bottom.

I can't imagine anyone here hasn't tried it out, but just in case you haven't yet you really should. Especially now that it's finished.

Tuconots
    sony has movie rights to Spiderman. only movie though. and makes me wonder what exactly that contract says.

the movieverse spiderman is the cartoon Ultimate spiderman. white 15yr old.
    But what if they have a 12yr old black kid.. can they make a movie with THAT spiderman? Its a different character.

But anyway. Mindswap shit happens all the time. You are only freaking out because its not resolved in 1 issue. Lets see where they go with it first.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlokk View Post
    Am I a bad person because I kind of want it to work? The last Spider-Man movie was about a half step ahead of Meet the Spartans. Every bit as bad as FF2 or X3.

Anyways, I mentioned on one of the other boards but it's gone in to the ether. So here's my last post from FoH.
    I can't fathom how bad the comic book is going to be now, with Doc Ock as Spidey. So yes, that would make you a bad person.

Tuconots
    I'm not much of a Spidey fan, but I gave 699, 699.1 and 700 a read... and it struck me as another retarded spiderman storyline that you always hear about, like the clone shit. Marvel's been trying to get rid of Peter Parker for decades, but they always return to him shortly after.

Marvel is really sucking for me lately, and I find myself leaning towards DC now. The new 52 Batman has been fucking awesome, and death of the family is great so far.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliane View Post
    sony has movie rights to Spiderman. only movie though. and makes me wonder what exactly that contract says.

the movieverse spiderman is the cartoon Ultimate spiderman. white 15yr old.
    But what if they have a 12yr old black kid.. can they make a movie with THAT spiderman? Its a different character.

But anyway. Mindswap shit happens all the time. You are only freaking out because its not resolved in 1 issue. Lets see where they go with it first.
    I’m sorry but the whole thing is just fucking retarded. Why oh why can’t they find decent writers anymore? Instead we get really bad shit like The Clone Wars, A New Day and whatever the fuck this story is.

I mean really, Doc Ock is Spidey? As a long time Spider-Man fan and collector (started in 1977) this has to be the most god awful storyline I have ever read.

On one hand I’m thinking this has got to be a continuing story and the body of Peter Parker won’t be inhabited by the mind of Doc Ock. They already tried to switch this in the Clone Wars and that didn’t sit well. Now we have Doc Ock’s mind in Peter Parker’s body with Peter’s memories but you know what, it’s NOT PETER.

On the other hand, I'm thinking, they might actually be trying to do this and if they really are, Marvel writers have no fucking clue about their audience.

Peter Parker = Spider-Man
    Spider-Man = Peter Parker

That’s it, no ifs ands or buts and no Doc Ock’s mind in Peter Parker’s body with Pete’s memories. It doesn’t work.

Here’s hoping 701 fixes this stupid story.

Tuconots
    You mean Superior Spider-Man #1?

SPECIAL BEAM CANNON
    Tuconots
    Caliane made a comment on the other boards that made sense. This just feels like Disney is screwing with Sony since it can't have the rights to one of the most popular charachters ever. Disney wants the rights back, Sony won't give them up, so then Disney kills off Peter Parker in every continuity there is, as an F.U. to Sony.

It makes a hell of a lot more sense, in that respect.
    That idea has logic I can follow so I am going to go with that over the people writing the comic have gone mad. It's still a pretty big Fuck You to the faithful readers of the comics if they are slowly shitting all over a beloved character due to a desire to regain the movie rights.

Tuconots
    That idea has logic I can follow so I am going to go with that over the people writing the comic have gone mad. It's still a pretty big Fuck You to the faithful readers of the comics if they are slowly shitting all over a beloved character due to a desire to regain the movie rights.
    Couldn't you see the suits at Disney trying to do anything they could to get the rights back to a character worth billions? Arguably, before the Avengers movies he was probably worth more than the rest of the company combined. Not only that, but this is a rival movie company with one of your biggest characters.

It's not about the readers; there is no money in that any more. It's about the movies raking in billions. From a corporate strategy perspective, they could give a rat's ass about the pennies comics are bringing in.
    Last edited by Lyrical; 12-21-2012 at 10:24 PM.

SPECIAL BEAM CANNON
    Tuconots
    It makes perfect sense and it is a plan that is both simple and elegant.

With comics it is true that they are not a cash cow but the intellectual properties of comic book characters can be incredibly valuable. The purchasing of Marvel by Disney gave them a massive pool of characters to make films with and to merchandise. They are stacking paper to the ceiling with them. If you choose to shit on the comics themselves what you are doing is deciding that you are just fine getting as many golden eggs right now as you can even if it means choking the goose to death in the process. I'm just a crazy person on the internet but were I calling the shots I would want to always be providing strong support to the comic industry that we bought in to so in the future we could look forward to more new characters to later monetize. Have both a short term and a long term strategy for those silly funny books we now own and produce. Creating a mega profitable character like Spiderman takes time. I would want more than just the licenses we initially acquired. I would want more licenses down the way as well. Part of doing that means not taking large dumps all over comic book readers.

I really don't know how comic book fans even do it to be honest. I started trying to follow what was going on in Marvel and DC back in 2003 and between then and now I've seen so much retarded shit that I've all but given up on the medium. There are absolutely amazing stories being told in comic books but when they are bad they are so bad they make me want to walk away from the whole thing.

Tuconots
    The Gail Simone business of the last week is more hilarity on DC's incompetence.

Gail first finds on on twitter from fans that shes been fired. Denys it, because no one told her. Gets an email later that day, saying shes been fired from Batgirl.
    Some other guy, is given the job.
    4 days later? Gail Simone, the new writer on Batgirl.

Tuconots
    It makes perfect sense and it is a plan that is both simple and elegant.

With comics it is true that they are not a cash cow but the intellectual properties of comic book characters can be incredibly valuable. The purchasing of Marvel by Disney gave them a massive pool of characters to make films with and to merchandise. They are stacking paper to the ceiling with them. If you choose to shit on the comics themselves what you are doing is deciding that you are just fine getting as many golden eggs right now as you can even if it means choking the goose to death in the process. I'm just a crazy person on the internet but were I calling the shots I would want to always be providing strong support to the comic industry that we bought in to so in the future we could look forward to more new characters to later monetize. Have both a short term and a long term strategy for those silly funny books we now own and produce. Creating a mega profitable character like Spiderman takes time. I would want more than just the licenses we initially acquired. I would want more licenses down the way as well. Part of doing that means not taking large dumps all over comic book readers.

I really don't know how comic book fans even do it to be honest. I started trying to follow what was going on in Marvel and DC back in 2003 and between then and now I've seen so much retarded shit that I've all but given up on the medium. There are absolutely amazing stories being told in comic books but when they are bad they are so bad they make me want to walk away from the whole thing.
    Here's the thing. Characters aren't created like they used to be. They used to come from comic books and then move "upstream." So movies had a built in fanbase. Only now, no one reads comics any more. Who was the last character to gain mainstream popularity? Blade? He came out in the 80's.

How are new characters going to get mainstream popularity now? My bet is they'll be introduced in other media. I think the handful of people in this thread are the only ones that read paper comic books any more.

It sucks that you talk to teenage boys about comics, and their knowledge is only coming from cartoons like the Avengers or Ultimate Spider Man or Young Justice. They sit there and argue canon, of which they know nothing of. For that reason, it might explain why every time you turn on one of those cartoons, they have every character in that Universe make a cameo. My seven year old daughter watched an episode of YJ, and her head was spinning trying to keep up with Supergirl, Batgirl, Wonder Girl, etc. The companies are just throwing every character they can out there in the cartoon, since that's the only way to expose new fans to the lore (and potentially new movie characters).

It's all so sad .
    Last edited by Lyrical; 12-21-2012 at 11:14 PM.

Tuconots
    Here's the thing. Characters aren't created like they used to be. They used to come from comic books and then move "upstream." So movies had a built in fanbase. Only now, no one reads comics any more. Who was the last character to gain mainstream popularity? Blade? He came out in the 80's.

How are new characters going to get mainstream popularity now? My bet is they'll be introduced in other media. I think the handful of people in this thread are the only ones that read paper comic books any more.

It sucks that you talk to teenage boys about comics, and their knowledge is only coming from cartoons like the Avengers or Ultimate Spider Man or Young Justice. They sit there and argue canon, of which they know nothing of. For that reason, it might explain why every time you turn on one of those cartoons, they have every character in that Universe make a cameo. My seven year old daughter watched an episode of YJ, and her head was spinning trying to keep up with Supergirl, Batgirl, Wonder Girl, etc. The companies are just throwing every character they can out there in the cartoon, since that's the only way to expose new fans to the lore (and potentially new movie characters).

It's all so sad .
    hopefully this means she can make any story she want's and it'll be good, out of the current arc, batgirl imo is def the weakest out of batman/batgirl/action comics, "oh no joker is being a bad ass finally, how will we put batgirl in peril? we'll get her married", women either being married or preggers in a comic book story is about all they can do for a female heroine, why can't we have her say "screw this, you batMEN, batMAN, sissy robins, nightwings and red hood all suck, it's time a girl takes over", i mean clearly out of the whole bat family, she is even second fiddle to damien, heck even red hood outranks her, and he's tried to plot revenge on them all (or was it joker?)

SPECIAL BEAM CANNON
    Tuconots
    It's all so sad .
    Hey man, the Walking Dead is popular! And I think We3 is being made in to a movie! And Crossed! And 30 Days of Night! And 300! And Kick Ass! And Sin City! And Wanted!

And some of those aren't even shit!

The superhero comic feels in trouble though. All of the recent cape comics I've liked have all been deconstructions like Supergod, No Hero, Black Summer, Irredeemable, and the like.

Tuconots
    Hey man, the Walking Dead is popular! And I think We3 is being made in to a movie! And Crossed! And 30 Days of Night! And 300! And Kick Ass! And Sin City! And Wanted!

The superhero comic feels in trouble though. All of the recent cape comics I've liked have all been deconstructions like Supergod, No Hero, Black Summer, Irredeemable, and the like.
    20 years from now, I wonder what the industry will look like. I can still remember a time where every boy from the age of 5 to 18 collected comics. Now you talk to them about print comics, and they just give you a blank stare.

One thing is for sure, is that Marvel and DC need to go all-in on new technology. Hell, I love reading comics on my Ipad. The problem is that they don't want to undercut their stores in price, they could probably sell them for 50-75 cents and make the same profit margin, as there is no physical cost.

God gave us Ipad's just for comics.

Tuconots

i feel the same, the "properties" that dc and marvel have suck, they just don't do anything worthwhile with these properties, and they can't afford to cuz they need to make movies out of them.(try nemesis too) they should take something from the manga industry, that industry is going digital, my friend says that everyone on the train now looks at their cell phone to read manga, instead of whipping out mangas. they should have more 6issue series from ppl like mark millar instead of 700issues of spidercrap.

SPECIAL BEAM CANNON
    Tuconots
    Every game store in my area that ever dabbled into comic books died a terrible death. Walking in and seeing a wall filled with comics is like finding a lump in the shower. I hope it all goes digital.

Tuconots
    Manga is not going digital.
    Manga is getting pirated and laws for stopping it cross country are pretty shitty.

Comics are getting pirated too.... but you don't exactly have mangastream for comics. And if there was, it would get shut down immediately. (scans daily) File sharing sites on the other hand are harder to lock down.

digital unfortunately is not picking up as fast as anyone would like. the problem is multi-faceted.
    The guys with the money to push it, are not doing a very good job. comixology is the best we have. but its no Steam. Marketing is shit, or just plain non-existent. How anyone thinks they can grow a market without any advertising is beyond me.
    Pirated product is better then the sold product. DRM. if you buy on PC,. you can only read online. you don't get an actual copy yourself. If you buy on Mac, or tablet you can download it at least.

I should point out, I would rather people reading comics then not reading. Piracy when your book is only selling 2000 copies is... annoying.. But sharing, increases readership. /co storytimes are fantastic. stealing the book, then talking about it, is advertising. Stealing then not talking about it... ok that just sucks. It may costs sales NOW, but hopefully if its liked, it will generate sales at a later date. A fostered fan base.
    Last edited by Caliane; 12-22-2012 at 01:22 PM.

Tuconots
    http://www.comicsbulletin.com/column...tists-of-2012/

saw this today. A good list of some of the best art this year.

And good books.
    Check out Bedlam, glory, Manhatten projects, Prophet, Orc Stain, Saga, Hawkeye, etc.

Tuconots
    Manga is not going digital.
    Manga is getting pirated and laws for stopping it cross country are pretty shitty.

Comics are getting pirated too.... but you don't exactly have mangastream for comics. And if there was, it would get shut down immediately. (scans daily) File sharing sites on the other hand are harder to lock down.

digital unfortunately is not picking up as fast as anyone would like. the problem is multi-faceted.
    The guys with the money to push it, are not doing a very good job. comixology is the best we have. but its no Steam. Marketing is shit, or just plain non-existent. How anyone thinks they can grow a market without any advertising is beyond me.
    Pirated product is better then the sold product. DRM. if you buy on PC,. you can only read online. you don't get an actual copy yourself. If you buy on Mac, or tablet you can download it at least.

I should point out, I would rather people reading comics then not reading. Piracy when your book is only selling 2000 copies is... annoying.. But sharing, increases readership. /co storytimes are fantastic. stealing the book, then talking about it, is advertising. Stealing then not talking about it... ok that just sucks. It may costs sales NOW, but hopefully if its liked, it will generate sales at a later date. A fostered fan base.
    If Marvel and DC would give me access to their entire library on my Ipad for $20 a month apiece, I'd be all over that.

Tuconots
    If Marvel and DC would give me access to their entire library on my Ipad for $20 a month apiece, I'd be all over that.
    Yeah, I don't understand this. Tie me up like PSN. Give me access to EVERYTHING for a monthly fee. That way I can reread shit forever and check out the new shit too. The price point should be around Netflix. Steam-like functionality for Netflix price.

It's the early 90's all over again!

Tuconots
    They'd have a hell of a time distributing appropriate royalties with such a system.

Tuconots
    Maybe I just like somewhat meaningful lasting change, but the more I read of the new Spider-Man stuff (just read Avenging 15.1) the more I like it. I just hope by the end of the year we end up with some Firestorm-like Spider-Man with 2 consciousnesses fighting for control, or some genius/Dr. Stange/Mephisto/etc undoing everything.

Tuconots
    Things only comics can do. or. are you seriously comparing manga to this?

Tuconots
    I'm gonna say that All New X Men continues to delight.

Tuconots
    Things only comics can do. or. are you seriously comparing manga to this?

Tuconots
    This thread will in no God damned way become a comics vs. manga thread. I will nazi mod the fuck out of it before that happens.

Tuconots
    That is just a storyboard. If your comic is just an animation still. you are doing wrong.

Tuconots
    I'm gonna say that All New X Men continues to delight.
    I am enjoying it as well. Also Hawkeye has been a very good too.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Itzena View Post

Ah thanks, I thought that I might perhaps be missing something, what with all the manga threads that are constantly being bumped up to the top. Now I can rest assured that I am not.

Tuconots
    Comedians weigh in. Click to see it not resized and shittified.

Last edited by Grimmlokk; 01-09-2013 at 12:39 AM.

Tuconots
    Why are we talking about manga here?

Also, Avengers Arena is fun to read. But they'll kill any of those characters off on a whim .

Tuconots
    Arena would be a good read if they didn't reveal their hand in the very first issue. The only way Arcade could display the powers he did would be if it was a simulation/dream. It will end up being some virtual reality simulation where none of it actually happened.

Tuconots
    In case any members didn't notice, comicBT came back up at some point and they're doing freeleech until Valentines. Soooo, go try out some new stuff.

Tuconots
    This thread will in no God damned way become a comics vs. manga thread. I will nazi mod the fuck out of it before that happens.
    Please delete that bullshit from this thread.

I have sort of run out of good comics to read at the moment, I usually get a gigantic run of something then plough through it.

Anyone have a decent dark/horror recommendation outside of the normal Walking Dead, Lucifer, Preacher etc?

Liking Morning glories a lot at the moment.

Kinda pissed at the way they've gone with Thunderbolts, it started off as one of my favorite comics but has slowly gone to shit with the introduction of too many big names and ruining of the main characters.

Tuconots
    DC is really just flailing in the wind atm.
    They have WonderWoman and thats about it.
    SoS cancelled.

New Xmen, New Avengers, and Avengers are all pretty good.

The Superiour spiderman is not as interesting as I hoped. skip it.

Tuconots
    The Superiour spiderman is not as interesting as I hoped. skip it.
    This is going to sound screwed up, but I'm liking Superior Spiderman. Let the flaming begin.

Tuconots

infraction teflon Merkins4Brazil's Avatar
    Tuconots
    In case any members didn't notice, comicBT came back up at some point and they're doing freeleech until Valentines. Soooo, go try out some new stuff.
    monitor the tracker box on your client, turns out a TON of torrents were accidentally public all this time. they are sifting through everything to delete the bad ones, but it's slow going.
    Last edited by Merkins4Brazil; 02-09-2013 at 12:00 AM. Reason: speelingz

Tuconots
    This is going to sound screwed up, but I'm liking Superior Spiderman. Let the flaming begin.
    It's certainly not bad, imo. Just not as good as some of their previous runs have been.

Tuconots
    Liking Superior quite a bit, Hulk, All New X-Men, and the Avengers books too.

Looking forward to Infinity, the event later this year. The upcoming Age of Ultron and the X-Men crossover for Age of Apocalypse and X-Treme X-Men both aren't interesting to me at all.

Tuconots
    haha holy shit.

HarleyQuinn/Green arrow Injustice chapter is better then nearly everything mainstream DC is putting out.
    1360684345267.jpg
    Last edited by Caliane; 02-12-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Tuconots
    haha holy shit.

HarleyQuinn/Green arrow Injustice chapter is better then nearly everything mainstream DC is putting out.
    LOL. What comic (and issue) is that? I can't find it.
    Last edited by Lyrical; 02-12-2013 at 04:31 PM.

Tuconots
    Digital only tie-in for the DC fighting game
    http://www.injustice.com/en

http://www.comixology.com/Injustice-...omic/DIG002962

OF course there are other places to get it. theres a thread on 4chan/co atm.

Previous chapters were ok. But this one. wow.
    Its like the perfect pairing, and perfect characterization.
    Last edited by Caliane; 02-12-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Tuconots
    Back in my day, Harley Quinn wasn't fugly.

Tuconots
    Reading it on the 4chan thread now, this page was good.

Tuconots
    What a pisspoor ending to the "Death of the Family" storyline.

Tuconots
    I haven't read any DC comics in a long time but that Harley Quinn/Green Arrow I may actually pick up.

Rav Scam-Free Zone
    Tuconots
    Too tired to figure out how to link pics here, but I thought this was funny.

http://www.the-gutters.com/comic/378-ben-bates

A little more info:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/orso...ntroversy.html

Tuconots
    What a pisspoor ending to the "Death of the Family" storyline.
    This.

Tuconots
    All I've heard that's really stuck about New 52 for the most part is how good the bat books are. I haven't been reading Death in the Family, it worth reading despite the ending?

Tuconots
    I would not really recommend any of the batfamily. Maybe Batwoman.

Wonderwoman is by far the best DC book atm.

Demonknights was fantastic. New story arc I hear is still good. I have not caught up on it yet myself.
    Some good stuff. Flash, SoS, JLdark, Animal man
    Last edited by Caliane; 02-18-2013 at 12:05 AM.

Tuconots
    I love GL, but as soon as I miss a few issues I say fuck it and wait for the next 500-issue mega event start so I can read the previous 500-issue mega event.

Otherwise, I almost completely ignore DC every Wednesday.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by meStevo View Post
    I love GL, but as soon as I miss a few issues I say fuck it and wait for the next 500-issue mega event start so I can read the previous 500-issue mega event.

Otherwise, I almost completely ignore DC every Wednesday.
    LOL, you are 100% correct. GL is going straight from one epic story arc into another, and it cheapens the GL books.

On the Bat family, I thought I was the only one to find their books largely unreadable lately.

Tuconots
    So I've got my ipad on the way. Got Mylar set up to automatically download a bunch of comics for me. Is there a calibre-like software for managing my library and syncing it to the ipad? It looks like for Windows (which I use) that ComicRack is available but I don't know if that's what I should be using. Similarly, does anyone have recommendations for software to read comics on the ipad?

After reading this, Comic Zeal looks appealing: http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/08...brary-on-ipad/

On an actual comic note, I just read the first trades of Saga and the Manhattan Projects and really, really enjoyed both. If you like Vaughan or Hickman you'll like these I think.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Candiarie View Post
    So I've got my ipad on the way. Got Mylar set up to automatically download a bunch of comics for me. Is there a calibre-like software for managing my library and syncing it to the ipad? It looks like for Windows (which I use) that ComicRack is available but I don't know if that's what I should be using. Similarly, does anyone have recommendations for software to read comics on the ipad?

After reading this, Comic Zeal looks appealing: http://arstechnica.com/apple/2012/08...brary-on-ipad/

On an actual comic note, I just read the first trades of Saga and the Manhattan Projects and really, really enjoyed both. If you like Vaughan or Hickman you'll like these I think.
    Comic Viewer is nice.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Candiarie View Post

ComicZeal is excellent.

Tuconots
    hrm. News sights are reporting Damian does die in Batman, Inc.

Morrinson's theme is Batman and robin(Black and Red) forever. so, we'll see.

Tuconots
    Checking out some books.

Yeah, Batman, Inc is pretty good.
    1361831371105.jpg

Tuconots
    batman incorporated, wonder woman, animal man, swamp thing, justice league dark, and aquaman are all excellent right now.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by grumblethorn View Post
    batman incorporated, wonder woman, animal man, swamp thing, justice league dark, and aquaman are all excellent right now.
    Sorry, but I'm prejudiced against Aquaman, and pretty much Atlanteans in general. Even Namor.

Tuconots
    Sorry, but I'm prejudiced against Aquaman, and pretty much Atlanteans in general. Even Namor.
    What about Atlanteans like Xanadu, Morgana, etc?

Tuconots
    What about Atlanteans like Xanadu, Morgana, etc?
    Not into that, man. Every time I see an "Atlanteans Attack" story arc in Marvel or DC, I just roll my eyes. I grew up watching Super Friends, and when all of the kids were picking super heroes, whoever called last got Aquaman. And then we all laughed at whoever was Aquaman. I was five at the time. I always remember that whenever people talk about Aquaman.

Tuconots
    Namor I like, when it's just him (especially in The Defenders). But I'm with you the rest of the way.

Tuconots
    Just read a bunch of American Vampire, got caught up on Saga, and started Bedlam. Saga is still amazing. Bedlam's art is solid, story seems good so far. Just a crazy Joker-esque villain. American Vampire is all over the place, but other people have recommended it so I assume it gets better. Next up is Prophet.

Started using an ipad3 for reading comics and I really enjoy it. I was frustrated by having to zoom each page in using ComicFlow (free), and so I went to check if ComicZeal had something to alleviate that. The first feature it lists is zoom lock. Bought it. But man oh man do I enjoy reading comics on a tablet. So good.

Tuconots
    Read The Atlantis Chronicle by Peter David

Tuconots

The Age of Ultron

So #1 and #2 in the Age of Ultron comics are out. It appears much of the world is destroyed. Its implied that a number of our favorite super heroes are dead. Tony Stark warned everyone what would happen if Ultron kept evolving. Any guesses to how this ends?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Darshu View Post
    So #1 and #2 in the Age of Ultron comics are out. It appears much of the world is destroyed. Its implied that a number of our favorite super heroes are dead. Tony Stark warned everyone what would happen if Ultron kept evolving. Any guesses to how this ends?
    Just a heads up, merged this post here and I changed this thread's title to be more obviously about ALL comics. Not just favorite old issues. Since that how it's always been used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erronius View Post
    maybe there is some sort of mutant mandingo sweet-corn hybrid

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Darshu View Post
    I'm placing bets on how they resolved it previously when they did the storyline set in the aftermath of the Ultron War at the beginning of the 'Heroic Age'.

They logic him to death.

I don't have high hopes for how Marvel writes and ends major arcs like this anymore after AvX.

Last great Ultron story was Annihilation Conquest.

Tuconots
    Marvel is talking about its unguessable surprise ending. I'm betting theres at least one change to the universe that can't be retconned. Maybe Captain America becomes an unstable alcoholic with PTSD? Maybe they go back in time and run into Ultron there too and can't fully undo all the damage? I hope its not just: and they defeated Ultron, woke up and didn't remember a thing.

Tuconots
    Whatever it is I think it's all a convenient device to set up the Henry Pym of the cinematic universe.

I'm not a fan of #1 and #2 at all, I'm not sure I'm even going to buy the rest (though I will anyways out of habit or some OCD 'i have the first two' compulsion). Every panel Ultron/Ultrons are drawn in they get more insectoid too.

Reminds me of Age of X
    Spoiler: 
    Maybe this is all in Legion's mind/altered reality too.

Enjoying a few other books right now, the Uncanny and All New X-Books especially.

Thread Information