Thread: Frontline Doc League of Denial

Palm Beach

Frontline Doc League of Denial

I believe this deserve its own thread.

Watch here commercial free
    From the story of the death of center Mike Webster to the death of linebacker Junior Seau to the $765 million settlement between the players and the league — with the key resolution that the NFL still does not acknowledge causation of football on brain injuries — viewers watched a devastating angle of the NFL’s violence.

“That’s what we love about that game,” Fainaru-Wada says about the brutal hits.

The documentary showed scientists linking the sport to Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) and presented a picture of the NFL consistently denying the scientific evidence. The league was basically accused of turning a blind eye to – and quashing – evidence that players were sustaining head traumas on the field that could lead to serious, long-term cognitive disability.

The documentary had originally been a co-production with ESPN until the sports broadcaster pulled out – allegedly under pressure from the NFL – and lost a huge audience as a result. But plenty of people still saw the programme.
    Last edited by Paranoia; 10-09-2013 at 05:41 PM.
    "I have recently been examining all the known superstitions of the world, and do not find in our particular superstition (Christianity) one redeeming feature. They are all alike founded on fables and mythology.

Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information