We're up to turn 4 so far...pretty fun instance.
Here is the lockout and reset information for BCOB. One of the LS's that were members of downed Titan last night on Gilga.
We're up to turn 4 so far...pretty fun instance.
Are you in order of the blue garter or other legacy guild? Been reading on this and hearing its supposed to be tuned for relic gear
Last edited by Pasteton; 09-05-2013 at 10:05 PM.
Yes in Bluegarter.
Do you mean ilvl90 gear? Fairly sure you can get by the first Turn without relic weapons, but it starts becoming more of a gear check in Turn 2 and beyond. We mostly came in with either full darklight or crafted ilvl70 with 4-5 melds and relics. We've been getting screwed in Turn 2 and locked out for days because of a related revive bug.
So exactly how does the 90 minute timer work? Is that for each Turn? If you run out of time, see you next Monday or tomorrow?
You can keep repeating it, but there are timers within timers. Turn 2 you can keep trying within the 90 minute timer but you have 12 minutes to actually clear the instance before a zonewide aoe one shots you.
Here is the rundown on the first 2 bosses my friends and I have done. Will update on turn 4 next week or Thursday if i get permission to raid. The first 2 bosses are more execution than dps checks.
- The clay / orange floor will dot you (and cause agro on pull if you’re standing on it)
- Has a HUGE 180 frontal with no indicator
- Has a backwards 90 degree AE with an indicator
- Casts puddles of slime which are a smaller dmg, you can see it being spit from his head but there is no indicator I saw on the floor.
- Caduceus gains a stacking buff you need to dispel by bringing adds to him. The more health they have the more they heal him but dispel the buff. Our tanks were taking 3-6 stacks and staying alive towards the end, the more he has the more damage he outputs.
- In order to spawn the adds you stand on tiles that periodically LIGHT UP, so if you aren’t the dedicated add kiter then you need to move off of the tiles. There is 3 patterns that I saw and could be more.
- At 70% roughly he splits into 2 versions of himself so you will be splitting into 2 groups across the platforms and taking him down at roughly the same rate.
- No idea what happens if one dies first, we somehow killed them both at the exact same time.
There is a ton of videos out all over youtube so you can also check it out there. Honestly the fight isnt bad at all you just need a few pulls to get it down.
A(i)DS Turn 2
He is much like the mini boss you encountered in turn 1 when you first zone in.
Phase 1 2 3 (or whatever, its 3 rooms of orbs you will be killing. Monitoring unit, Defense unit, disposal unit. We went down the left because Sean said it was easier, no idea what is even down the right.
- Need 2 silencers, some people use more but our 2 were confident and do fine on it. A monk as backup helps in case the server lag eats one. The ability you are silencing is high voltage (I think). It normally comes after repelling cannons.
- Have frontal cleaves
- Cast chain lightning for small damage and also casts Vacuum tube for small AE damage
- Cast repelling cannons with a circle indicator you need to move from
- Each orb you kill grants abilities to the boss. He’ll have magic resistance + slashing resistance + laser from the left path.
I honestly could sleep through these 3, they are very easy if your silencers are good. The disposal unit adds a HUGE 6 way laser that you instantly need to move from or you will die. Casters are fine since they have more room as it eminates from the orb. Melee, better preempt it or youll take damage. Our bard was timing all of his abilities so we knew when to do what.
Real boss ADS
- He has all of the same abilities above so you will always be silencing and dodging repelling.
- A timer counts down like in turn 1 that when it gets to 0 clicks he will go buck wild and shoot pretty lasers everywhere = death.
- His laser is one big ass laser that will one shot now.
- At roughly 70% he will begin casting Allagan rot which is a buff that hits someone. You need to SPREAD out ASAP when he begins to cast it. It counts down from 18 or 15 seconds and it needs to be passed off to someone. You do this by walking over to them and standing on them for one second. Once you do they will gain the buff and you will gain a 30ish second debuff so you cant receive it again. 5 people numbered communicating seems to be enough to handle it. As long as you stay spread and have situational awareness you should be fine. It never ends and if you mess it up BOOM raid.
- At 50% he gains void zones
- At 25% he gains a HUGE 270ish degree cleave so basically you have the 90 behind him. Having him tanked in the corner is a blessing.
heres a video of boss #1 from dnt click it up through youtube to see it in 1080p they're on gilga
Just started on Turn 1 the other night. Holy crap that is some intense healing for Cadeceus.
Did you bring to warriors? Shitty healers with warriors need not apply for BC.
I don't know how you'd even survive as a warrior. Our paladins get bitch smacked so hard as is. It's basically rotating their cooldowns the entire fight just to survive, and hoping the healer can heal through the times when they're waiting for them to pop again.
Eh? Only time you need cooldowns is near the end and on pull/split, other than that you shouldn't need cooldowns. I just spam the smaller mp efficient heal the whole fight, and sometimes use my instant heal or the bigger heal when the tank doesn't dodge/parry a few times in a row, had no problem healing a warrior tank on it, was easier than a shittier geared paladin(but still bunch of DF/rest AK gear/relic+1) I had to heal the time after. It's just a fight you don't reactively heal. Maybe WHMs have more issues though I don't know, but fairy+small spam heal+my own cooldowns rotation(rouse/eye for an eye/rouse/virus/soil/rouse etc) is more than enough and I can keep healing forever, besides the obvious buff stack shit on the boss.
Oh, well maybe I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about. I'm just a bard and going off what our group said. I will say that our group has 2 bards, 1 white mage, and 1 scholar. I'm the bard for the scholar, and I basically just get to DPS the whole fight. Scholar never runs out of mana on turn 1! I enjoy it.
Well if he's not running out of mana, then he's not healing as much as he can, which means the fight is not that hard to heal. If you spam Adloquium instead of Physick(heals for 1.5more but costs twice as much mana), you run out of mana in minutes even with Aetherflow and Energy Drain. The fight isn't hard to heal, it's just way different than usual, most bosses do jackshit for damage, then they use one big ability and do a lot of damage at once, either on the raid or the tank or both, and that's when you pop the big heals, then you sit there doing jackshit the rest of the time, if you have the mana you can even DPS and shit. This fight however has very very low raid damage(like literally it's potion healable) but very high consistent damage on the tanks. Not TOO high, not even that high that you actually run out of mana quickly because you need to use the big heals, but high enough that you need to be spamming heals constantly and not let yourself fall behind. Warriors do fine for this type of fight though, you have more time to recover if you fuck up, and the heal% makes it so it's about the same in terms of mana efficiency
If their group isn't managing stacks properly, or the people handling slimes are getting railed, it becomes far harder to heal. If those snakes are sitting at even a 2 stack, the healing requirements and stress jump way up.
We found it worked best to have our healers manually trigger the tail swipe a few seconds before the dps bringing the add in at low hp came in. That way the dps wouldn't have to facetank the slime at all, and could just smoothly take it in to the back of the boss and then go back out. The healer can get away with the movement because tail swipe makes the snake pause to cast, so damage on the tank will stop for a second or two.
Why wouldn't DPS trigger the tail swipe? And for pretty much all raid damage I let my fairy handle it, shit's amazing at raid healing because she starts casting before people health even drop down on your UI, and she heals for 500-550 a pop so that's enough for the random damage stuff. And the healing jumps up with stacks obviously but it's still nothing you can't handle with Physick/Cure I spam and a bigger heal every now and then, which is sustainable even without bard song. I think the only time my tank died was when we were still learning the fight and we got a split starting at 3stacks so it eventually reached like 5 or whatever and it just crushed the tank even through Adloquium spam.
I don't know I find the fight a fuckton easier to heal than titan or even ADS, because damage is only on one target and there's very little to do in terms of forced movement, so you just keep your tank selected and spam your heals and just pay attention to when you're falling behind and that's about it. In comparison for example on ADS have to keep track of tank changes, melees getting clipped by the aoes, random targetted damage on the group, positionning and order for the plague thing, it's a fuckton more hectic even if the healing on the tank is a lot easier(well until 3-4 stacks).
Last edited by Pyros; 09-18-2013 at 10:35 PM.
Our DPS are generally in position to spawn adds, or have spawned an add, while the healer stands pretty close to the boss. You don't want to trigger it with an add on you, since you have to double back and eat melee from the slime if you do. Thus, healer. If we positioned differently the second DPS per snake could do it, but it would make it harder to cover certain slime spawn locations. If you have a melee DPS on the mob who's not spawning adds, obviously it'll go differently for you. But why would you bring a melee, right!?
Wtb turn 4 rundown because I hate videos. Thx ilu.
Turn 4 Spawns
Wave 1: 6x Clockwork Bugs
Wave 2: 2x Clockwork Knights, 2x Clockwork Soldiers
Wave 3: 1x Clockwork Dreadnought, 4x Clockwork Bugs
Wave 4: 2x Spinner-rooks, 4x Clockwork Bugs
Wave 5: 1x Clockwork Dreadnought, 1x Clockwork Knight, 1x Clockwork Soldier
Wave 6: 1x Clockwork Dreadnought, 1x Clockwork Knight, 1x Clockwork Soldier, 1x Spinner-rook, 2x Clockwork Bug
- Knights will reflect all direct caster attacks.
- Soldiers need their stoneskin broken before melee can damage them, this also stuns them (Black Mage note: Thunder counts as melee)
- Dreadnoughts will eat bugs near them which heal and add damage stacks, so they must be killed before the next wave's bugs heal them.
- Spinner-rooks do a single target casted ability that can be dodged by running through them
- 60 seconds between waves or if you clear the wave early the next spawns
- Overall enrage timer of around 7 minutes, will start pulsing raid-wide damage
- Meteor Limit Break can hit Knights without issue, LB2 takes Soldiers/Knights all down to 30%
IIRC they used a bug and reported it to SE to complete turn 5.
too lazy to find the right thread for it but someone tested out the limit breaks
LB damage tested : ffxiv
tldr: armor/jewelry and buffs don't matter, LB dmg is based on overall team weapon damage not individual stats
Cue the "but the most important tank upgrade is ring and not your weapon!"
Anyone have some info on Turn 5? Going for the first time tomorrow.
Speaking of Coil. God damn blast to solo silence turn 2 as a monk. First night in the zone with a pug. Was nice to find an activity that was borderline challenging in this game.
It's kind of refreshing how straight-forward he is.
Any tips on dps'ing down conflags in time?
Make sure only 3 people/pets included eat a meteor to give you 20 seconds. And then make sure you have classes that can burst and have gear to do so.
As long as only three people are eatting the meteor, then you just need more gear or someone isnt pressing their buttons correctly. There isnt any tricks about it, other then knowing when to use their abilities.
The first and third conflags are 'easy'. You get a Meteor mid-conflag which you can run in with, resetting the timer and giving you plenty of time to kill it. The second and fourth conflags are harder as you have no meteor and have to burn CDs. We have two DPS assigned to each of these that burn all their cooldowns.
With all CDs up every DPS class in the game can do 5k~ damage in the 10s lifespan of 4 target conflags. If you have two DPS blowing CDs it will be enough to kill them not even counting the damage you should getting from your offtank/other dps etc. Warriors can also do some really insane burst damage during the duration of Unchained & Berserk for those situations when you only have one DPS with CDs available. If this isnt enough then your raid might not have the gear necessary to beat the encounter's hard enrage timer.
Last edited by Naj; 11-02-2013 at 04:26 AM.
using a few crafted gear for vitality and crits. now i am permanently broke.
Last edited by Trollface; 11-10-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Downed with PAL PAL WHM SCH MNK BLM BLM BRD. Only had a LB2 for snakes so having the extra Flares helped. Hardest part of the fight is the Dreadknights, maintaining max distance, keeping them stunned and still dodging twisters when they show up in between. Eye for an Eye + Virus help tremendously.
30-0% last phase only takes 2 or 3 views before it's killable, if you're good enough to get through to that part of the fight the mechanics are easy and you should have plenty of time to beat the 13 minute enrage.
Last edited by Malakriss; 11-22-2013 at 04:39 AM.
congrats, dude. I hope you guys get that to farming mode.
we poked around it until we realized that it was just a waste of time. Replacing 2-3 members for 2 weeks now, etc.
Currently running with a consistent group of 2 melee, 2 tank, 1 heal, 1 bard. Looking for a summoner/blm and a whm.
Last edited by Trollface; 11-22-2013 at 09:03 AM.
What time you raid at trollface?
2 PM EST - 5 PM EST.
Consistent people has been the toughest raid boss in this game since day 1, once you get your 8 people youll down her Elle. Good news for you her monk weapons seem to drop the most, think we've gotten 3 total now in our guild? Faye, Sonya, and Desi and the others were War, Whm, Bard so thats like a 50% drop rate for us.
I'd love to get back in a regular raiding group. Was depressed hearing that our regular group broke up. Maybe when the patch drops there'll be an opportunity.
We've been having a problem finding 1 WHM. We booted both of our healers last week due to consistency issues. Found a solid scholar, but it seems impossible to find 1 nonshithead to raid with these days.
What server? I'm WHM with full Allagan except for weapon.
If thats who I think it is, we're on Gilgamesh. Raid times of 7:30-10:30 EST.
anybody need a white mage or want to start a coil group. it will be new and shit. new players are welcome.
Last edited by Trollface; 12-23-2013 at 10:45 PM.
I'm down. Will be away for a week or so though as of tomorrow.
that's fine bro. i am getting it up and is not ready for coil anyhow.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)