1) Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker (WOACRAFFT)
2) Celestial Fists - Everquest
3) Warglaives - WoW
4) BFG - DOOM
5) The chain sword ultramarines use, specifically Space Marine
Inspired by the Saints Row 4 discussion around the dubstep gun:
You're given a singleplayer game and can pick 5 weapons to take with you. Assume that the weapons are balanced or the game is easy enough where the strength of the weapons isn't relevant, just how much you like the weapons and how fun they are.
First one has to be melee.
2. The all american carbine from Fallout3. It's nothing special but I developed such an affinity to the gun from how long I spent using it in FONV.
3. Gravity gun from Halflife.
4. Portal gun from Portal.
5. dubstep gun from SR4.
I feel pretty confident I could use these five weapons and take on anything.
I'll take a Halo Sniper Rifle and a 1.6 AK and I'm good.
1.) M41A Pulse Rifle (Aliens)
3.) Proton Pack (Ghost Busters)
5.) Crissaegrim Castlevania
(Just weapons right? Not weapon platforms...so like no Mechs and shit. Because if we can include mechs or space fighters, my list changes.)
Sure you can throw the XWing or Atlas in there.
1) The ring from Klonoa (that allows you to capture and throw enemies)
2) The machine gun from Cave Story (the one that allows you to fly with the recoil)
3) The shoot/shield/charge gun from Another World
4) The whip from Super Castlevania 4
5) The tranquilizer gun from MGS...2?
1) BGF9000 (nuff said)
2) Brother Bobby from Binding of Isaac (having a floating dead fetus following you around shoting tears of sadness? fuck yeah)
3) Chainsaw from Full Throttle (because fuck you all motorcyclers)
4) Red Dragon from Golden Axe 1 (because i want to rape everyone and everything just by spamming one key)
5) Orbital Bombardament from Dawn of War 2 (because few things beat a lance battery locked on your face)
1) Fallout 3 - Experimental Mirv
2) BFG 9000 - Doom
3) The Cleaver - Gears of War 3
4) Gravity Gun - Half Life 2
5) The Conference Call - Borderlands 2
Best limited edition replica:
Blood Thirster, Infinity Edge, Phantom Dancer, Last Whisperer, Chain gun from Wolfenstein.
Edit: Well other people are adding videos...
1) BFG in all its iterations
2) GAU-8 Avenger (gun the A-10 uses, have a flight sim for it)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_syY84odcY <- from the game, amazing sim for those patient enough for it
3) Orbital strike satellites from Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Different styles, but still badass.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEY3mFTPbrk New Vegas
4) Fusion Cannon from the original Turok
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSXyHesZA_o 4:15 or so
5) Upgraded gravity gun in Half-Life 2
Last edited by Fadaar; 08-26-2013 at 07:57 PM.
1) The Flamethrower from Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
2) The Flamethrower from Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
3) The Flamethrower from Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
4) The Flamethrower from Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
5) The Flamethrower from Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
Not everything on the internet is true - Abraham Lincoln
1. Shiskabob (Fallout 3 + Pyro perk)
2. Disc Launcher ( Tribes 1)
3. USAS Auto Shotgun with frag rounds (BC 2 and BF 3)
4. Sceptre of Destruction (Everquest)
5. AEK (BF 3)
edit: can't read and first wasn't melee.
Laptop Gun - Perfect Dark
Farsight - Perfect Dark
Chronoscepter - Turok 64
Norfleet - Borderlands 2
Last edited by sl4ck3r; 08-26-2013 at 08:47 PM.
1. TF2's scout bat
2. Doom's Rocket launcher
3. CS's flash bang
4. Portal Gun
5. Doom's BFG
TF2's medigun was a huge revelation for me. Had never thought of an FPS with healing. Best addition to the genre ever, although I may have missed earlier games that had something like it. Not fun enough to make the list but still.
1. Shock Rifle from Unreal (how has this not made it on the list yet)
2. Rocket Launcher from Soldier Team Fortress Classic
3. Silenced M4 from CS 1.5
4. Portal Gun from Portal (probably wins in cool factor)
5. Gravity Gun from HL2
Lightsaber - Just satisfying to use in games
Masamune (Chrono Trigger/Cross)
South Park Alien Mind Control Gun - I like to singa
Last edited by Urgoslav; 08-26-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Melee weapon: FUCKING SWORD ARMS from Deus Ex:HR. Pretty much every day of my life I wish I had those, generally when dealing with stupid people. Bayonetta's hair is a close second.
Close Quarters/Crowd Suppression: UT04 Flak Cannon (FLAK MONKEY!)
Rifle: Overwatch Pulse Rifle (HL2)
Utility: Portal Gun (I was going to say the red gun from Antichamber but you can put portals underneath people's feet so that really swings it in the portal gun's favor.)
Can't beat the Katamari as far as destruction goes!
just need 2 really
In no order...
1. Stormbringer ( http://io9.com/stormbringer-end-of-discussion-651385681 )
2. Uther Doul's Possible Sword (from The Scar , and a mention in Dungeons of Dredmor http://www.dredmorwiki.com/wiki/Doul's_Possible_Sword )
3. The rocket launcher from Quake
4. The Porkolator from Hexen
5. The magic clarinet from Mitchell and Webb ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7aaw4g2tJo )
Last edited by Running Dog; 08-26-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Blades of Chaos
aaaaaaaaaaaand a red turtle shell
Deathstar's Super Laser
I'm not going to list 5, because most of them have already been listed, but I can't believe no one mentioned this one:
2. Innoruuk's Curse
3. Serpent Staff (Hexen)
In no real order, but
2. Q3A railgun
4. Fallout3 minigun + perk
5. The Daikatana!!!!! (jk)
Last edited by Drajakur; 08-27-2013 at 01:03 AM.
2) Farsight gun from Perfect Dark (sniper rifle that can see through walls, lock onto targets, and can then shoot the targets THROUGH the wall and pretty much one-shot them)
3) Shrink gun from Duke Nukem 3d
4) The Nuke gun from Shadow Warrior...probably the most wtf overpowered BFG-style weapon ever and literally nukes most of the map (and you) if you aren't somewhere safe
5) Gravity Gun from HL2
Green Lantern power rings have to be banned from all of these kinds of threads.
Cape - Super Mario World
M4A1 Carbine - Counter Strike
Double Barreled Shotgun - DOOM 2
Red Shell - Super Mario Kart
Pistol - Halo 1
Honorable personal mention: Benediction/Anathema - WoW
It's how you knew you'd "made" it as a Priest in vanilla.
Emerald Weapon was pretty hardcore. Ruby was a bitch, also. Fucking sand traps.
1 Linkens Boomerang , aka raid wiper 5000 , fuck this raid I want to go get some poosay
2 boots of bladecalling fuck these tards gonna grab a drink , gogo 17 second cast
3 knife . game ? didn't matter , few things as fun as driving cold steel into someone
4 vorpal blade . the original decapitator
5. shotgun zero tolerance
Duke Nukem 3D's Shrink-Ray has GOT to be in there somewhere.
1) the baseball bat from Rise of the Triad
2) the weapon from Heretic that shot out the flail head things
3) the shotgun from doom
4) the rocket launcher from doom
5) the rocket launcher from quake
6) the railgun from quake 3 arena
7) flak cannon from unreal tournament
8) the stagecoach shotgun from serious sam
9) dogmode from Rise of the Triad
10) sexybeam from Silent Hill (2?)
Dude if you're just going to post shitty oldschool weapons and leave off the Drunk Missiles you're retarded.
1) Cerebral Bore - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CaiXVbFZXI
2) Gravity Gun
4) The Master Sword
5) Redeemer (from UT)
Honorable mention to Power Fists from Fallout.
Last edited by Troll; 08-27-2013 at 04:29 AM.
1: Mjölnir or Dragnipur (Malazan)
2: The ZF-1 (Fifth Element)
3: WSTE–M5 Combat Shotgun (Marathon Series) Lot of people going with the Doom shotgun but I've always loved this one Marathon Shotgun.
4: Green Lantern Ring.
5: Supercharged Gravity Gun or Portal Gun, not sure which I'd prefer.
Last edited by Renault; 08-27-2013 at 09:57 AM.
1. Master Sword (Zelda)
2. BFG9000 (Doom)
3. Buster Sword (Final Fantasy VII)
4. Frostmourne (WarCraft III)
5. Rocket Launcher (Quake)
TBH I just picked the 5 most iconic weapons, didn't really follow the rules.
2. BFG - Doom
3. Gravity Gun - HL
4. Golden Gun - Golden Eye
5. Penetrator(Nail gun) - F.E.A.R.
Melee: Innoruuk's Curse (EQ1) / Perdition's Blade (Vanilla WoW)
Gun: Moonraker Laser (Goldeneye.. them head shots)
Sniper: Farsight you bet your ass (PD)
Spell: Ice Comet (EQ, this was an instagib in pvp pre-spell dmg nerf, trust me I'm a doctor)
Consumable/Magic Item: Ivandyr's Hoop (EQ)
Overall favorite: Master Sword (the first/blue one: Link to the Past)
^ That 1200 damage DD. Ebolts were worse imho, nobody had strong poison resist, even with DMF.
Best jousting weapon ever.
2. Gary (heavy asset destroying beast; project reality)
3. AWP, CS 1.6
4. Singing Short Sword
5. Moss Covered Twig
The "crotch strike" button in Saints Row 3 (parts of 4 too)
Pretty much all the other good weapons have been covered.
The ultimate test of skill:
If you could hit a rabbit while hunting in Oregon Trail, you could accomplish anything in any game. One of the harder things to do in any game ever.
i can't believe no one's mentioned any of the weapons from Armed and Dangerous... the game sucked, but it had THE BEST WEAPONS EVER. Topsy-Turvy Bomb, LandShark Rifle... man... good times.
Oh holy shit... I fail. I totally forgot the ZF1. It's like 6 weapons in one or something.
some favs of mine:
gunblade -ff8 (slashing and shooting at the same time would be a laugh)
conc grenades - tfc ( so many hours playing conc maps)
speargun w/ pigsticking - avp (unlockable cheat of the speargun, turns it into a shotgun style spread, fun times)
dimension glove - quantum conundrum ( bit of reality switching)
sheep launcher- worms ( gets that sheep to those hard to reach places)
Captain America's Shield
Fuck you, I win.
1) Yoyo (Kirby Super Star)
2) Flame thrower (Contra 3)
3) Laser (Cybernator)
4) Chain, after having read "Grand Slam" (River City Ransom)
5) Metal Blade (Mega Man 2)
What about the 8-Ball Launcher from UT? It was 7x better than any other rocket launcher.
Bat from Super Smash Bros
All other weapons are obsolete. That sound effect when you land the 1-shot is orgasmic
Willy Pete from CoD:Black Ops. Nothing like humiliating an entire team by only using smoke grenades to get killing blows with a group of friends.
Just gonna throw 5 nominations out there and see what sticks.
1) Railgun - Quake II
2) Chainsaw - Doom II
3) FAL - Blinged w/Holographic Sight & M203, Stopping Power - Call of Duty: MW2
4) Efreeti Standard w/furious disc active and going beserk as a warrior- EQ1
5) Last but not least...
4 pages and only one person mentions the shock rifle. You guys don't deserve to play video games
AWP - 1.6 prenerf
Railgun - Q2
Hopebringer - EQ (I was so proud that I had the server first. Really liked the support/offtank role)
Concussion Rifle - Dark Forces II
Jackhammer - PS1
Disc Launcher (Tribes) is all you need.
Only need 1 gun. Ryno V from Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time.
A chain gun that also shoots rockets at the same time whilst playing Tchaikovsky's "1812 Overture".
My personal favorite weapons of all time were Swiftwind & Earthcaller
Really enjoyed having both, because a lot of Rangers back in the day pussed out and only got the easier Swiftwind. I wasn't the 1st, but I was probably one of the first 5 on my server with an Earthcaller. Just a great combo. 1 sword to haste you, one sword to slow the enemy. Gave you some really nice versatility in case you wanted both effects, or only 1 or the other for whatever situation you were in.
Also, they were so versatile that I was still using 1 or both situationally like 3 or 4 expansions later. Always kept them with me in my inventory up through when I stopped playing right around the Gates of Discord expansion.
I think most of the EQ epics place pretty highly on people's favorite weapon list. I really wish they'd do more epic quests that required both work from the player and work from a guild to attain.
In my mind, eq had the only true epic weapons. Both 1.0 and 2.0. Rogues and their neriak turn in. I got so sick of doing that for the countless rogues over the years.
WoW's legendary weapons were on par with EQ's epic weapons, imo. Especially the thunderfury which was a huge boon to entire guilds like some of the EQ weapons.
Guilds didn't have to have a thunderfury warrior with it like clerics had to have theirs iirc
Yep. I was our guild leader, raid leader, and a warrior. Thunderfury was all mine. We got 6 shards of 1 side and none of the other in our months and months and months in MC.
We were cursed on legendaries, and never saw any warglaives drop either
1. sword of Sparda from DMC1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcPs5DYwW8I
2. bioshock shotgun upgraded to 6 shots before reloading, and electrical mechanism used to create shocking rounds.
3. portal gun
4. dual needlers from halo2
5. Spawn's Suit AKA K7-Leetha
Draegan the betrayer, selling us out since 2016!
That's what you get for giving it to a rogue (Unless it was a very early kill before you knew what it did!)
The doom 2 double barrel shotgun was the first gun that came to my mind when I read the thread title.
It was perfect in every way.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)