Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Might & Magic X: Legacy

Tuconots
    Don't really need the blademaster AE though. You can just chain kills with cleave until everything is dead, and that costs no mana at all. Carnage actually sucks because killing something doesn't trigger cleave even though carnage is specifically labeled as a melee attack. I gave my BM enough mana to do two carnages before I realized it was utterly wasted on her.

Registered User Frenzied Wombat's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by velk View Post
    Some patch observations :
    GM focus bonus has been halved to 200% from 400%. No real impact, melee with focus was pointless anyway.

1H focus has had their crit bonus halved, 15% for dragon orbs. 2H reduced by something a little less, top end is 30%. The extra 100% crit bonus for spells is still there. Spell dps was marginal at high end before, now it's mostly pointless.

2h Spear went from 32-64 to 37-83 and from 50% crit to 70% crit. Barbarian spear hits now do double the damage of firebolt hits, and spear crits do about 120% of firebolt crits.

No change to blademaster sword that I could see.

No nerf to liquid membrane

Couldn't find the new dungeons in 10 min of running about, will let someone else find them ;p

New patch gave a new set of uplay points when I exited.
    The patch is out? I don't see it up on their website.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorph View Post
    Don't really need the blademaster AE though. You can just chain kills with cleave until everything is dead, and that costs no mana at all. Carnage actually sucks because killing something doesn't trigger cleave even though carnage is specifically labeled as a melee attack. I gave my BM enough mana to do two carnages before I realized it was utterly wasted on her.
    Oh right there's that if you can one round shit, good point. Still on my mage playthrough, I would rarely have to actually melee anything but shit that spawned in melee range or bosses, like the whole endgame where there's a fuckton of ambushes were mostly about mobs running into static aoes and dying like a bunch of retards, or single rounding every group in melee range with double fireburst, so the single target DPS being lower wasn't really a factor.

Tuconots
    yeah. staff/orbs crit damage nerfed bigtime.

xbow is 60% crit damage now. dont think it was before?

"sarah attacks shadow lurker -227 (critical) damage (202 physical +25air)
    your axe skill left a bleeding wound on your enemy!
    sarah attacks shadow lrker -168 damage (151 physical =17 light)

later, shadow lurker attacks and:
    "bleeding hits shadow lurker -114 damage."
    Yeah, bleeding works fine for my scout with axes.

now, I just need to figure out why 227 was a crit over a base 200 damage...

Found "fortress of crows" in desolate wastes, near the skull cave.
    Limbo dungeon just west of lord killburn in yon-chall forest.
    Dreamshard is by going back to thousand terrors with the dream shard you got there. I think.
    Last edited by Caliane; 02-20-2014 at 03:29 AM.

Tuconots
    Ah, so is that an actual skill on your character that causes the bleeding? Because if so, the spear bleed is caused by the spear itself. Maybe that is the difference, skill vs. weapon application of bleed? Because I am positive mine has been 1 every time I cared to check, and yours obviously isn't.

Tuconots
    Just went and did one of the dungeons and thought I took several screenshots, but if they took I can't find them anywhere. Either way, it is definitely only doing 1 pt of damage every time when bleed is applied from the spear. I don't have anyone with an axe to test the difference.

Also, as far as bows, I'm using the relic bow which gives you back mana, and it doesn't affect melee attacks, so I'm guessing that a vampiric bow won't work for melee either. Probably the best bet is to just get a bow with vitality or some stat you care about really. I've never really seen a bow with anything better than that, but I barely pay attention to them too, so I'm likely wrong.

Tuconots
    There are reports of axe bleeds not working on the official forums too. I still think it's probably being reduced by armor.

And yeah, +HP and +mana are all I bothered with on ranged weapons too.

Tuconots
    Haha, note to self (slightly spoilery but not really): when attacking a mob with hundreds of thousands of hitpoints, AND reflect, don't cast that instant 15% reduction spell

BTW, that bleed thing still has to be fucked up more than just armor if I'm getting 1s all the time, doesn't it? I can crit for over 700, so even a normal hit of mediocre damage is in the 100+ range. There's no way that 50% of that, reduced by armor, should just be 1 every single time. Random chance should give me some higher than that at least. And Caliane is getting higher numbers obviously.

I have to think it is maybe doing 50% based on the damage of the spear itself, which is like 36-72 or something, because the spear is applying it, not the character Maybe that number is being reduced by armor then?

I still use it because unfortunately my only relentless spear is less than half the damage so I don't even get the same total with two attacks. The bleed would have just been a nice bonus. I'm too lazy to sit and spam shops over and over for a good one, and it isn't like it is really needed to beat the game anyway. Only have one silksword relentless on my blademaster too. I can't imagine how faceroll it would be with a dragon spear and 2 swords with relentlessness.
    Last edited by Void; 02-21-2014 at 06:18 AM.

Tuconots
    Maybe it's something retarded like it calls the axe bleed proc and since you don't have axe trained it does minimum damage. If it's a char that can train axe maybe you can save next level, put 1pt in axe then see if you can proc normal bleeds.

Tuconots
    Well, I did as you suggested, and I finally got it to take some screenshots, so here is the proof. By the way, this was a pain in the ass because my last convenient save was at the end of the Limbo dungeon, which gave my orc just enough to level up...but meant every mob on the planet was dead except for in the Dream Shard dungeon. So I had to go all the way over there, figure out how to get in, and then save and fight shit over and over and over with just the orc until bleed proc'ed!

You'll also note my "not give a fuck" use of the pack horse instead of an actual useful hireling. I am constantly throwing shit away in those dungeons, sometimes even magic items, and while I normally use the 4 block npc, it just doesn't matter. So I take the horse, and even then sometimes still have to throw items away. Sure I could teleport out, but fuck running back just because I wanted to sell some shit, for money I don't need.

Here are the (huge) screenshots just to show that I put points in axe, and the amount of damage I was doing when applying bleed and when it went off for only 1.

Tuconots
    You should get the vendor hireling, can just sell shit when you're full. He's like near the entrance to the desolate lands from the forest, near a mysterious cave.

And yeah doesn't seem to be axe based, probably just the item that sucks.

Tuconots
    Good idea on the vendor. I thought there was one, but couldn't find it again, so just went with the pack horse I knew where to find.

Tuconots
    God I love this game.. It's like meeting a long lost friend and wondering why you drifted apart. Oh yeah I forgot, it's because quality game companies founded by creative visionaries became corporate behemoths that only care about the bottom line-- shoveling mindless pretty 3D first person shit down Ritalin caked throats. God forbid someone actually has to figure out a riddle, that shit requires reading and thought..

Anyways, taking it nice and slow trying to complete as many quests as possible. Guys are lvl 20 and I just accessed Karthal. if I had to review it so far it would get an 8.5/10, which seems to be kind of low considering how much I love it. However these three "flaws" really bother me:

1) Poor vendor itemization, and itemization in general. Vendors rarely have anything good to sell, and itemization in general is kind of weak. With the exception of relics most items have that Diabloesque randomly generated feel.

2) The "quick access" toolbar needs to support more shortcuts. Find myself having to cast from the spellbook way too often

3) Spell variety. Getting 2 spells per promo is weak.. They really could have used more spells.

That being said, I think they did an incredible job on the lore, both with the books and the relic items. I think they also did a great job giving the feeling of expansiveness and freedom of movement without going overboard. Kudos for the bestiary idea as well, which was a cool way to introduce additional strategy.

Haven't even finished yet and can hardly wait for a DLC/expansion.. Anybody have an idea of how well it's doing sale wise?

Tuconots
    I can't answer any of your questions, but I did the Dream Shard dungeon over the weekend, and while I realize it is a Digital Deluxe perk, I was extremely disappointed with how short it was. Not to mention that by the time you get there, the mobs are cake (except for the aforementioned reflect that everyone loves). I think there were maybe 5-6 packs of mobs at most before the boss fight. So other than getting the DLC for free, if you didn't buy the DD version, I wouldn't worry too much. Total letdown.

That being said, I still love the game. It just reaches a point where things go from pretty hard to cakewalk easy, instantly, and that's never a good thing. I can only hope the DLC implements some of that difficulty again.

Registered User Commander Vimeseh's Avatar
    Tuconots
    I agree Vvoid. This game is great and I hope it sold/sells well enough to mean future dlc and full length games. But I've really noticed something as I've been binging on old school RPGs lately. The Baldur's Gates, Planescape, Arcanum, and the Original Fallouts. Those games were all hard throughout. Sure you could use some really cheesy stuff to make things a cakewalk at times, but certain parts of the games (any caster fight in BG2 for example) were always very unforgiving. I think aside from that first blind play through of Demon/Dark Souls no modern game has been able to recapture that feeling of true difficulty and lack of hand holding.

Tuconots
    It seems like Grandmaster is a key turning point that just turns difficulty on its head. WAY too much instant power gain.

Tuconots
    Is it only swords/crusaders that have to achieve their promotion quest before being able to train Grandmaster? I've been rushing points to get GM for each of my guys, finally achieved it for my Crusader, then was told to F-off and that I couldn't train sword until I was a pally. I assume this applies to all classes and abilities-- need to be promoted before you can train GM? If so I guess rushing was a bad idea..

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzied Wombat View Post
    Is it only swords/crusaders that have to achieve their promotion quest before being able to train Grandmaster? I've been rushing points to get GM for each of my guys, finally achieved it for my Crusader, then was told to F-off and that I couldn't train sword until I was a pally. I assume this applies to all classes and abilities-- need to be promoted before you can train GM? If so I guess rushing was a bad idea..
    I am stuck on paladin promotion. Can't find the 3rd disc...checked everywhere threads on the forums said and it's not there.

Tuconots
    First one is in bandit ruins you clear in 1st act, second disk is sold by some dude in the slums in karthala at blackfang hidehout (have to ask to see his 'exotic' stock or some shit), 3rd is on the 2nd floor of the lost city dungeon at coords 13,17 I think.

Tuconots
    You do need to be promoted to achieve GM yes. It's still worth it having max swords but you won't GM until lvl 20-25ish depending on the class, some can promote earlier cause the promotion quest are fucking stupid easy though.

As for the disk, might be a bug but I never had an issue with having the full disk in all my playthrough. One is early in the game, I think it's bandit lair in the forest in a secret room, second is in lost city and 3rd in karthal on a vendor. Well it might not be the right numbers. If you're missing the lost city one, it's on lvl 2 at coordinates 13,17 supposedly, based on the thread I've seen. Is that the one you checked that's not there?

Tuconots
    For what it's worth, swords is pointless on crusader. A lot of wasted points there. GM light, expert in shields, heavy armor, focus weapon, endurance, warfare, mysticism and then work on GMing arcane discipline. For level ups put all into spirit until you have about 150 mana, then go 2 magic/2 spirit until you have about 300 mana, then full magic for rest of game.

Reason being is that CA means you never have to put a point into vitality on any character. Expert endurance (which all classes can get) is enough light to survive exploding fire elementals. My word of light does 250 damage to everything in range non-crit and late game enemies all have negative light resist so it gets even more powerful. Focus weapon + warfare means un-resistable taunts/skull cracks. My mandate of heaven + crit build dagger dancer does a bonus 250~500 damage per melee round (pre GM dagger smind you, after that it's just fucking silly).

So 25 skill points into swords is just a waste.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehn - Vhex View Post
    For what it's worth, swords is pointless on crusader. A lot of wasted points there. GM light, expert in shields, heavy armor, focus weapon, endurance, warfare, mysticism and then work on GMing arcane discipline. For level ups put all into spirit until you have about 150 mana, then go 2 magic/2 spirit until you have about 300 mana, then full magic for rest of game.

Reason being is that CA means you never have to put a point into vitality on any character. Expert endurance (which all classes can get) is enough light to survive exploding fire elementals. My word of light does 250 damage to everything in range non-crit and late game enemies all have negative light resist so it gets even more powerful. Focus weapon + warfare means un-resistable taunts/skull cracks. My mandate of heaven + crit build dagger dancer does a bonus 250~500 damage per melee round (pre GM dagger smind you, after that it's just fucking silly).

So 25 skill points into swords is just a waste.
    Yes, I guess I can see in hindsight how focus weapons can be OP considering they never miss. Definitely counter-intuitive for a Pally and I doubt it's what the devs intended, but from a min/max standpoint now that I have played enough to understand the mechanics, focus would definitely be the way to go.

As for the pally promotion quest, I also only have two discs, one of which is from the Karthal vendor, so I guess I missed one somewhere. I hope it's not in a perception based secret room, as I've had a lot of problems with those since I don't have a champ that has levelled perception. Eagle eye and a few perception based items has allowed me to open some, but I've had to let many remained sealed because I just can't open them..

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyros View Post
    You do need to be promoted to achieve GM yes. It's still worth it having max swords but you won't GM until lvl 20-25ish depending on the class, some can promote earlier cause the promotion quest are fucking stupid easy though.

As for the disk, might be a bug but I never had an issue with having the full disk in all my playthrough. One is early in the game, I think it's bandit lair in the forest in a secret room, second is in lost city and 3rd in karthal on a vendor. Well it might not be the right numbers. If you're missing the lost city one, it's on lvl 2 at coordinates 13,17 supposedly, based on the thread I've seen. Is that the one you checked that's not there?
    Ive been to all of these places...it's disc 3 I am missign but I have been to the karthal vendor (blackfang hideout) a few times to double check, been to lost city a few times to double check as well. Giving up on it for now...

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenzied Wombat View Post
    Yes,
    I made quite a few hindsight mistakes myself. I GM'd dark on the free mage and dark is terrible. Everything at end game is super resistant to it and nothing lives long enough for agony to be worth it even with 2x dagger dancers. I'd start over but by the time I figured it out it was super late in the game and I can't be fucked to start over again. Truth be told I'm torn on what the 4th slot should even be with crusader/dd/dd since it's so broken that the 4th slot might as well just be another DD or whatever you want it to be.

My 4x runepriest playthrough is pretty silly though. GM fire + GM light is pretty slick I gotta say. Only downside is I have to get supplies more often and there's a brutal section before you do the promotion quest that things can get sketchy.
    Last edited by Zehn - Vhex; 02-25-2014 at 08:25 PM.

Tuconots
    If you know where the GM quests are, some of them turn out to be easier than you'd think. I've been running an all melee party lately for the lols, and managed to get BM promotion at level 14, and that's one of the harder ones in terms of stuff to fight. Took a couple of reloads given the dark mage could oneshot people when he critted and is immune to skullcrack, but it wasn't as bad as I thought.

( party is defender, sword bm, 2x dagger bm ).

Tuconots
    I made quite a few hindsight mistakes myself. I GM'd dark on the free mage and dark is terrible. Everything at end game is super resistant to it and nothing lives long enough for agony to be worth it even with 2x dagger dancers. I'd start over but by the time I figured it out it was super late in the game and I can't be fucked to start over again. Truth be told I'm torn on what the 4th slot should even be with crusader/dd/dd since it's so broken that the 4th slot might as well just be another DD or whatever you want it to be.

My 4x runepriest playthrough is pretty silly though. GM fire + GM light is pretty slick I gotta say. Only downside is I have to get supplies more often and there's a brutal section before you do the promotion quest that things can get sketchy.
    Yeah, I've noticed that Dark is getting pretty shitty. Sleep was amazing in dealing with packs of humanoid mobs (made me think of mezzing in EQ heh), but it seems like all I've been fighting lately are Elite Spectres/skeletons and blackfang dudes, and they are all immune to it. My freemage is primordial/air/dark and my runepriest is fire/earth, and my freemage felt like a buffbot until I got chain lightning. I don't even have someone with water magic, so have no idea how good that is.. Seriously been playing this game with as little spoilers as possible.

Tuconots
    I have two groups going right now. My new favorite is my 3x runepriest, 1x druid group that is pretty hardcore. There are so few mobs in the game with really high fire resist and you can easily avoid most of them until later on when you can GM light for word of light hilarity. I have about a 55% crit rate with hour of power going on the runepriests. Sickening.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by velk View Post
    If you know where the GM quests are, some of them turn out to be easier than you'd think. I've been running an all melee party lately for the lols, and managed to get BM promotion at level 14, and that's one of the harder ones in terms of stuff to fight. Took a couple of reloads given the dark mage could oneshot people when he critted and is immune to skullcrack, but it wasn't as bad as I thought.

( party is defender, sword bm, 2x dagger bm ).
    Ah I would have thought this one would be too hard due to being filled with the hard ghouls which tend to fuck dual wield melees up by getting a ton of stackes of their additional attacks. But yeah quite a few are fairly easy. The ranger one requires you to clear that camp in the forest that's quite a bit harder but if you spam frost circle to keep them separated and only fight 1 or 2 at a time, it's pretty easy overall and can be done around lvl 15 too with a good group.

Some are simply not doable though, I haven't played every class but like merc, runepriest, defender and 2 of the orc promotions require air blessing(one of the other orc promotion requires water blessing only from what I could tell but there's a large pack of really tough mobs too so don't know). Druid needs access to Karthal(however once you do have access, it takes 5mins to do and doesn't even have any fighting), Freemage requires to free the guy from Karthal so that takes even longer in the story progression, Paladin needs Karthal and to complete a fairly hard dungeon(but not much harder than Blademaster though). Only quest I'm not sure about is dwarven scout, unless it has to do with the dwarves up the mountains like the other 2 dwarf quests, then need blessing of air.

Tuconots
    yeah, scout is up in the same mountains as the windsword promo.
    you need air and forest blessings.

Tuconots
    The air elemental boss is pretty rough but I was able to do it at 18 with 3x runepriests and a druid. CA is just that freaking strong. I was rocking like 35% crit rate at that point too so on the first round I had gotten him down to something like 30% health.

Currently running around catching up on all the sidequests and whatnot I skipped and nothing, even bosses, lasts more than a single round. Some fights end the first spell. It’s pretty slick. I had originally done a 4x runepriest group that focused on magic/spirit but this new build going spirit until 150 mana and then going raw destiny and a druid to buff it even further is pretty disgusting. Even stuff that resists fire dies the first round. Should have GM light soon as well and will be able to use 3x word of light on fire resist stuff for even more hilarity.

Tuconots
    yeah, as soon as I stopped an looked at the crit, and figured out that extra crit damage mages, get, I started focusing mostly on destiny.

Tuconots
    Zehn, how are you handling item identify in that group?

Tuconots
    New patch is okay. The new dungeons are relatively short but I didn't have to pay $5 DLC for each one or some stupid nonsense so that's nice.

Merc with axe is pretty beastly now that their upgrade ability is fixed. They outclass Dager Dancer(DD) up until DD gets GM daggers/DW and even after that they keep pace pretty well. DD wrecks any group of 2+ mobs though thanks to cleave but you realistically only need one cleaver. Crusader/Merc/DD/Druid is stronger through the first 80% of the game but GM Dagger DD is just so crazy broken.

Nerf to regen and opening secrets makes it so that you almost want someone with perception now. With dog, GM hour of power and expert perception it still took me 3~4 rounds to open late game perception secrets. You just miss out on some gold though so not worth the trade off.

Still working on an optimal party for speed running. 3x runepriest + druid is crazy good on normal difficulty but almost impossible on warrior since you can’t get to crag prior to lost city without exploiting poison spray and that takes forever to do.

Tuconots
    What is the nerf to regen? I did all the new dungeons and didn't really notice much of anything different except that the reflect seemed to be doing actual damage for a change, but maybe that was because I had spent most of a night reloading vendors until I got decent weapons.

Speaking of perception, I was fortunate to have made my orc barbarian my perception bitch, and for the first 15-20 or so levels gave him about a point per level, plus every single perception barrel, so I almost never had a problem until one or two very late, and even then I didn't need any buffs to get it, just regen.

Also, did anyone have a particular strategy on barrels and such? I gave ALL of the resistance ones to my druid, figuring she could heal people up if she was still alive. I split magic between druid and freemage. All destiny and might went to blade dancer. All +1 stat potions went to blade dancer. All hp/vit potions got split between the two mages to make them fairly even. Originally all mana/spirit split between the two mages, then when I promoted the blade dancer they went there...then when I realized it wasn't really as awesome as I'd hoped (or necessary after liquid membrane), back to mages again. Anyone do anything special?

Tuconots
    I guess he means the "exploit" where you'd cast regen then spam secret checks with regen healing you on every interaction and never expiring(so you didn't need to recast or sleep, just spam until you opened the secret).

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusiphur View Post
    Zehn, how are you handling item identify in that group?
    With my 44xRP group? RP's can get expert prime magic for ID. I just didn't really bother though because by the time I started caring about gear I was vendor farming for +fire and +focus gear and just selling everything else.

Tuconots
    I guess he means the "exploit" where you'd cast regen then spam secret checks with regen healing you on every interaction and never expiring(so you didn't need to recast or sleep, just spam until you opened the secret).
    Yeah that. It's fixed now so regen actually ticks down and expires, so do all other spells while doing it so your light spells and buffs will run out too. I grabbed a perception gear set on my latest play through and it's a non-issue. Don't need to waste points on it. Expert air + gm prime + bonus 20 from items + dog + barrels/elixers and I get it 2nd or 3rd shot usually.

Tuconots
    So I just got this. Without having to read 14 pages of posts(and preferably without much spoilers), what's a solid group and what are the must-haves when creating them? I'd prefer not to have to restart several times with trial and error.

Tuconots
    Crusader/merc/blade dancer/druid is probably one of the more balanced groups. Very powerful all game long. Near mid game you start being able to kill bosses in one turn. Without going too in depth because I gotta get going, Crusader wants to focus on light magic and warfare, merc on 2h axe and warfare, blade dancer on daggers (can get daggers with relentless affix in 3rd town you visit, those are best) and DW, druid get expert earth first, then expert prime, then start working on GM water, gm prime, master earth in that order.

Stat points wise crusader wants to get to 250 mana and then pump pure +magic. Merc should get about 18 points in spirit and then pure might. Blade dancer wants 20 might, perception and spirit and then go pure destiny. Druid wants to go spirit/magic until 250 mana then pump pure +magic.

Everybody should get expert endurance at some point. Between expert endurance and paladin casting celestial armor you don't need to put any points into vitality. Just make sure to give your druid most of the health pots. You want everybody to have about 120 health by the time you start fighting fire elementals.

Only other neat very useful trick is that crusader can put 1 point into mystic focus, use mage weapons and then they can use warfare attacks like taunt and skullcrack which cannot miss then. Very useful. Get expert shields and expert heavy armor on a crusader, give them the relic shield and relic armor and they take like 2% physical damage. Pretty awesome.

Only downside is you have to use scrolls to detect secrets if you don't have a hireling that can do it for you. There's a dog you can hire for free that can detect secrets hidden in a forest between the second and third towns.

Tuconots
    In general I'd say for the easy mode, you can't go wrong with Druid as your healer and Blademasters(1 or 2). Avoid the ranged classes, or at least avoid using them as ranged, they're pretty decent melees though and especially the orc one has a cool ability. Defender and Merc are fairly poopy, Crusader is strong, every caster is pretty good, Freemage is the only caster class with Dark Magic, which has secret detection and purge, 2 pretty good spells(purge for some mobs, secret detection is good until you unlock a hireling or the power to detect them all the time which happens over halfway into the game). I'd recommend something like Blademaster+Druid+Freemage+whatever you want. Can finish the game with just those 3 easily anyway. Minmaxing isn't really necessary game is fairly easy unless you do really stupid shit.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Soygen View Post
    So I just got this. Without having to read 14 pages of posts(and preferably without much spoilers), what's a solid group and what are the must-haves when creating them? I'd prefer not to have to restart several times with trial and error.
    On adventurer difficulty you can go with literally anything. I've been doing the all might, all hybrid, all magic parties for the achieve, and they are all much easier than I thought, despite lacking any synergy. On warrior difficulty resists are a total pain in the butt, so you want some melee power.

Things that are overpowered :
    Liquid membrane
    Blademaster cleave
    Dagger blademaster combined with crusader buff ( without crusader go swords )
    Marauder harpoon
    Druid nurture

Things that are underpowered:
    Dark magic in general
    Archery ( it's ok damage since patch but useless anyway because of the amount of stuff that teleports into melee range )
    Crowd control ( things like skull crack, stun, root, taunt etc - they seem great at first but later on anything of significance is immune to them, coz fuck variety right ? ;p )
    Armor ( it's relatively easy to get 100% physical resistance, but late game everything has +elemental damage anyway )

Tuconots
    Thanks, guys. I've seen mention of 'vendor camping' etc. Is there a way to reset inventory? I can't find a dagger for shit right now.

Tuconots
    Thanks, guys. I've seen mention of 'vendor camping' etc. Is there a way to reset inventory? I can't find a dagger for shit right now.
    The vendors restock every morning, so you can just rest 3 times and it will have a new set.

Tuconots
    EDIT : Ignore, I am a dumbass.
    Last edited by Lusiphur; 03-02-2014 at 09:16 AM.

Tuconots
    The first town has shit for vendor stuff anyways. If you're looking for good daggers you pretty much have to go to the third town, crag. The weapon vendor there typically sells daggers and you have your highest chance of getting good daggers there. If you're on adventure mode you can just buy green +elemental daggers and they'll carry you through to the end of the game. Honestly on adventure mode you could easily win with JUST crusader and merc.

My 'speed run' adventure mode party though is 4x runepriest. master fire magic first and then switch to putting all points into light magic. Very, very few mobs are resistant to both types of magic and GM word of light x4 is just broken. Word of light is a PBaoE around you with a range of 3 so if you're surrounded on all 4 sides or some such bullshit it'll hit everything and the animation for it is relatively quick. The dude that gives you 1 free rest per day is right outside seahaven so that came in pretty handy since this is a very mana heavy build but between mana potions dropping like candy and the free rest dude I was able to coast to the end on only 1 stop at the 20 supplies dude outside Karthal.

Tried it on warrior mode and the orcs on the way to crag are just too resistant to fire. My crusader/merc/bd/druid party though goes pretty fast, just not as lollercaustly as 4x RP on adventure mode does.

Tuconots
    Crusader/merc/blade dancer/druid is probably one of the more balanced groups. Very powerful all game long. Near mid game you start being able to kill bosses in one turn. Without going too in depth because I gotta get going, Crusader wants to focus on light magic and warfare, merc on 2h axe and warfare, blade dancer on daggers (can get daggers with relentless affix in 3rd town you visit, those are best) and DW, druid get expert earth first, then expert prime, then start working on GM water, gm prime, master earth in that order.

Stat points wise crusader wants to get to 250 mana and then pump pure +magic. Merc should get about 18 points in spirit and then pure might. Blade dancer wants 20 might, perception and spirit and then go pure destiny. Druid wants to go spirit/magic until 250 mana then pump pure +magic.

Everybody should get expert endurance at some point. Between expert endurance and paladin casting celestial armor you don't need to put any points into vitality. Just make sure to give your druid most of the health pots. You want everybody to have about 120 health by the time you start fighting fire elementals.

Only other neat very useful trick is that crusader can put 1 point into mystic focus, use mage weapons and then they can use warfare attacks like taunt and skullcrack which cannot miss then. Very useful. Get expert shields and expert heavy armor on a crusader, give them the relic shield and relic armor and they take like 2% physical damage. Pretty awesome.

Only downside is you have to use scrolls to detect secrets if you don't have a hireling that can do it for you. There's a dog you can hire for free that can detect secrets hidden in a forest between the second and third towns.
    I am not so sure about the Merc. So, level 14 and I have just made it to Crag. On the orcs on the way to Crag the story with the Merc was miss, block, miss, block, block, block. Am I missing something? Because I would say 2xBD is much better.

Tuconots
    Well you'd want to get warfare and spam the never missing skill. Also whoever attacks first eats the blocks, blocks are limited per turn but have a very high %. Merc isn't too bad but it's not that good either, I played one and enjoyed the special ability that lets you move without wasting a turn but if you're looking at raw damage BD is much much better for sure.

Tuconots
    I am not so sure about the Merc. So, level 14 and I have just made it to Crag. On the orcs on the way to Crag the story with the Merc was miss, block, miss, block, block, block. Am I missing something? Because I would say 2xBD is much better.
    GM warfare gets you the skill that always hits, always crits and prevents the target from blocking that turn. So it's more a long haul thing, you'll suck for a while. 2H gets some pretty monster hits late game though.

Tuconots
    I think I found the ideal speedrun group. 1x druid, 3x marauder. Maurader is good, solid damage all game long and their promotion quest is really fast. 3x harpoons means never having to wait on mobs getting into range. Druid is all you really need for heals and you don't even need to promote. Marauder promotion is quick and then you only have to do one quest. Light on AE damage but I think not having to do multiple promotion quests makes up for it. Can get good spears in crag early on and 50% armor pen eliminates the only downside to melee in the game.

Only downside is party is extremely squishy until I get liquid membrane and one healer is huge risk.

Tuconots
    I think I found the ideal speedrun group. 1x druid, 3x marauder. Maurader is good, solid damage all game long and their promotion quest is really fast. 3x harpoons means never having to wait on mobs getting into range. Druid is all you really need for heals and you don't even need to promote. Marauder promotion is quick and then you only have to do one quest. Light on AE damage but I think not having to do multiple promotion quests makes up for it. Can get good spears in crag early on and 50% armor pen eliminates the only downside to melee in the game.

Only downside is party is extremely squishy until I get liquid membrane and one healer is huge risk.
    Should be fine as long as you get an immunity to feeblemind and knock out on it asap? Mind you the rings with one of those on are extortionate. Also, with 2 healers then health pots end up being vendor fodder (in my experience) so one healer would mean you would have a use for those.
    Last edited by Lusiphur; 03-04-2014 at 06:43 PM.

Tuconots
    Got the game recently, loving it so far, don't know why I waited so long. I wanted one of each race, so I'm running bladedancer, hunter, paladin, runepriest. I saw a few pages ago talk about editing game files to do things like customize the range penalty, etc. Is there a way to edit spells in the same way? I'd like to make some small quality of life changes, like making spells like torchlight or detect secrets last something like 5000 rounds instead of 30. Is that doable, and if so, anyone explain how?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinzar View Post
    Got the game recently, loving it so far, don't know why I waited so long. I wanted one of each race, so I'm running bladedancer, hunter, paladin, runepriest. I saw a few pages ago talk about editing game files to do things like customize the range penalty, etc. Is there a way to edit spells in the same way? I'd like to make some small quality of life changes, like making spells like torchlight or detect secrets last something like 5000 rounds instead of 30. Is that doable, and if so, anyone explain how?
    Yes, assuming steam, it's

<steamdir>\steamapps\common\Might & Magic X - Legacy\Might and Magic X Legacy_Data\StreamingAssets\StaticData\PartyBuffs. csv

Then just change column F for whatever spell you want to your desired duration.

Tuconots
    Should be fine as long as you get an immunity to feeblemind and knock out on it asap? Mind you the rings with one of those on are extortionate. Also, with 2 healers then health pots end up being vendor fodder (in my experience) so one healer would mean you would have a use for those.
    No, with setups like that it's the healer getting KO'ed that you have to worry about. Pre-liquid membrane heaps of things will instantly knock a druid unconscious if they focus fire, and once they are KO'ed potions are useless. I found the best solution to that for an all might party was scrolls of heal party. Just camp a vendor for a few days and get a decent stack going.

Tuconots
    Refined my route a bit. Getting a new PC soon too should help some since mine chugs on this game and having to reload 100x to get a near perfect run through a dungeon is annoying.

Only thing I wish I could do is avoid having to get regen spell before spider boss. I tried something like 100 times to beat it without but I just haven't had any luck.

Once I get level 3 the opening chapter goes pretty quickly. Worst part of speed running is how dependent you are on luck. Have to keep redoing the first boss until I get a spear drop and hope it has a good mod on it.

Second chapter I got to crag really easy. Can abuse time stasis on the druid something fierce to take out the healers. Truth be told if it weren't for those two dreamcallers on the way to crag an all runepriest party would probably wreck the game. Got distracted by the south park game but I'm trying to map out the most efficient act 2 route I can.

Tuconots
    Beat the game finally. It was amusing to see they added the Limbo dungeon as a post-game dungeon, though it's really just an easter egg area with a bunch of npcs named after the devs, etc. Much like the old NWC dungeons from previous M&M games.

I was originally planning to re-play with an all caster party after beating it, but I don't know anymore. I had a druid in my first playthrough, and even though he had maxed earth and water, later in the game I never nuked anything because my melee 1-2 shot most enemies, so magic felt like a waste aside from buffs and heals (which are important). My dagger blademaster was wearing the full suit of special armor that comes from the crystal spider boss. Each piece adds an AE nuke to every single melee hit, and they stack. So each time my blademaster hit in melee, it would AE nuke the whole area for something like 60 damage. With I think 8? attacks per round by endgame (more when he dodged, more when he got a killing blow), it got kind of ridiculous.

Pain reflect though.... screw those mobs. If my blademaster attacked any of them without liquid membrane active, he instantly knocked himself unconscious.

Tuconots
    My dagger blademaster was wearing the full suit of special armor that comes from the crystal spider boss. Each piece adds an AE nuke to every single melee hit, and they stack.
    Wait a second. I remember killing the crystal spider boss, but I don't remember any special armor, and I don't remember being able to kill him multiple times to get several pieces of said armor. Am I missing something here?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvoid View Post
    Wait a second. I remember killing the crystal spider boss, but I don't remember any special armor, and I don't remember being able to kill him multiple times to get several pieces of said armor. Am I missing something here?
    There's a chest behind him with a full set of green armor that gives +17ish prime damage aoe on hit on each piece. You might have just vendored it if not paying attention though given it is green and there's no reason to expect that no other armor in the game has that effect.

Tuconots
    Beat the game finally.
    Dagger dancer with cyrstal spider armor is just all kinds of hilarious. The only thing that comes close in DPS is a low health warmonger with an axe and even then if there is only one mob. Any time there are two or more mobs in melee range nothing comes close to dagger dancer.

As for an all caster party I liked my 4 rune priest group on adventure mode. I tried an all caster group on warrior though and I don't think it's feasible. Too much having to kite shit.

Tuconots
    The first town has shit for vendor stuff anyways. If you're looking for good daggers you pretty much have to go to the third town, crag. The weapon vendor there typically sells daggers and you have your highest chance of getting good daggers there. If you're on adventure mode you can just buy green +elemental daggers and they'll carry you through to the end of the game. Honestly on adventure mode you could easily win with JUST crusader and merc.

My 'speed run' adventure mode party though is 4x runepriest. master fire magic first and then switch to putting all points into light magic. Very, very few mobs are resistant to both types of magic and GM word of light x4 is just broken. Word of light is a PBaoE around you with a range of 3 so if you're surrounded on all 4 sides or some such bullshit it'll hit everything and the animation for it is relatively quick. The dude that gives you 1 free rest per day is right outside seahaven so that came in pretty handy since this is a very mana heavy build but between mana potions dropping like candy and the free rest dude I was able to coast to the end on only 1 stop at the 20 supplies dude outside Karthal.

Tried it on warrior mode and the orcs on the way to crag are just too resistant to fire. My crusader/merc/bd/druid party though goes pretty fast, just not as lollercaustly as 4x RP on adventure mode does.
    For shits and giggles I have been trying the Zehn speed run parties. I must be missing something because I just could not get it working.

1) 4xRP - Lv 14 on all, Master Fire, working on GM light. Orcs on the way to crag are not happening. Can't outdps their healing and can't burst the healer down.
    2) 1xDruid,3xHunter - couldn't even kill the Spider Queen, ran out of antidotes

Give me your wisdom oh wise ones.

Tuconots
    For shits and giggles I have been trying the Zehn speed run parties. I must be missing something because I just could not get it working.

1) 4xRP - Lv 14 on all, Master Fire, working on GM light. Orcs on the way to crag are not happening. Can't outdps their healing and can't burst the healer down.
    2) 1xDruid,3xHunter - couldn't even kill the Spider Queen, ran out of antidotes

Give me your wisdom oh wise ones.
    I'm assuming you're doing warrior mode? Getting to crag is hard with 4x RP. Need to abuse stasis to do it. Takes forever though and I didn't relish the thought of 5 more levels of that bullshit so gave up on 4xrp.

As far as the spider boss goes, I don't even bother with antidotes. Make sure you grab two chests before you go in to get enough money to buy regen off the spell vendor first. I can't beat it without getting regen either, tried like 100 times. Had no troubles after that.

Tuconots
    I'm assuming you're doing warrior mode? Getting to crag is hard with 4x RP. Need to abuse stasis to do it. Takes forever though and I didn't relish the thought of 5 more levels of that bullshit so gave up on 4xrp.

As far as the spider boss goes, I don't even bother with antidotes. Make sure you grab two chests before you go in to get enough money to buy regen off the spell vendor first. I can't beat it without getting regen either, tried like 100 times. Had no troubles after that.
    This is adventure mode.

1. Some issues with the RP's, can't seem to target with Fire Bolt when the Dreamweaver is not in front of me so he gets free ticks of the regen with no dps on him. With them being so resisty to fire the best hit you are getting is 40-50.
    2. I had regen going at the spider boss. Seriously just could not dps it down. Plus, poison doesn't fade no? So you still want antidotes for after.

Tuconots
    I had planned on getting expert light just to get radiant weapon for that section if I ever intend to do it again.

Honestly I think Spider is the hardest boss in the game. One of my first tries I got obliterated, didn't even take off like 10% of his health. I didn't bother with antidotes during fight because the poison only tics for like 7 damage. After, yeah, sure but during? That's a 20~30 dmg swing you're giving up. If you're having extremely bad luck maybe try picking up a vendor spear. I beat it the first try but it took forever. Took me about 30 tries to get enough lucky rounds to kill it in a speed I found acceptable AND get a blue spear weapon.

Tuconots
    Some issues with the RP's, can't seem to target with Fire Bolt when the Dreamweaver is not in front of me so he gets free ticks of the regen with no dps on him. With them being so resisty to fire the best hit you are getting is 40-50.
    You can't target outside melee range, attacks at that range are just wasted mana. I agree that dreamweaver is a gigantic cockblock for an all caster party, it's doubly annoying because dreamweavers were barely even a speedbump for all melee - one bladedancer would cleave any number of them in melee range in one hit ;p

I went and levelled up a bit and then went back with well rested and hour of power shrine buffs, it was still pretty frustrating chipping him down though, especially when you get 4x resists and he heals up the last two rounds of damage.

Tuconots
    If you have expert dark you can dispel his heal pretty often, and you can also sleep everything else. Still takes a dozen of turns to kill them though, which is boring as shit.

Tuconots
    oh man this survey.

If a new game was released from one of the following game series, would you buy it?
    A new Might & Magic tile-based RPG (e.g. Might & Magic X- Legacy)
    A new Might & Magic classic RPG (free movement) (e.g. Might & Magic VI, Might & Magic VII)
    A new Might & Magic Heroes (sequel to Might & Magic Heroes VI)
    A new “Might & Magic” first person action RPG (e.g. Dark Messiah of Might & Magic 2)
    A HD remake (e.g. Might & Magic Heroes III)
    A “Might & Magic” Hack’n Slash RPG (e.g. Diablo III)
    A “Might & Magic” creature collection RPG (e.g. Pokémon)
    A “Might & Magic” MMORPG (e.g. World of Warcraft)
    A “Might & Magic” action-adventure game (e.g. Assassin’s Creed)
    A “Might & Magic” real-time strategy game (e.g. Starcraf
    A “Might & Magic” MOBA (e.g. DotA, League of Legends)
    A “Might & Magic Clash of Heroes” puzzle game (sequel to Might & Magic Clash of Heroes)

Of note, on reddit, one of the devs of Duel of Champions specifically mentioned he was jazzed about the idea of a Might and magic Moba.

Totally downvoting the Moba idea though. Market is so flooded with them.

Tuconots
    I'd dig a new Dark Messiah, assuming they wouldn't fuck it up.

Tuconots
    you left out Might & Magic Clouds of Xeen, and hell yea i'd love a remake of that game!

Tuconots
    Modern remake of Might and Magic VI would make me happy.

Tuconots
    Patch and expac today.
    Might & Magic X - Legacy: The Falcon & The Unicorn, Now available!

https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.co...-now-available

Free for Deluxe owners.

Tuconots
    Finished the game yesterday-- loved every moment except the end-game. Having made sure to complete every side quest possible before getting on the crag ship, the end-game just felt like a total cakewalk. My runepriest was regularly critting for 900+ dmg with GM fire, then throw in his fire rune and thunderstorm from my freemage and whole waves of mobs were dropping before they could even touch me. Team MVP's were definitely my runepriest and barbarian, with the barb hitting for 400-900dmg with GM 2H/Spear. Freemage only felt good after I got GM air-- I had gone primordial/air/dark for her, and noting in either dark or primordial hit particularly hard, so she felt like a CC/Buffbot most of the game.

P.S: Is it just me or is the GM earth spell "Crushing Weight" the most useless spell in the game? It always seemed to do total shit damage.
    Last edited by Frenzied Wombat; 04-02-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Tuconots
    I played this for ten hours yesterday. I restarted once to dump the worthless as shit guardian for a Bladedancer and with barb/druid/freemage my only regret is I didn't just make two dancers because holy shit. But I guess if I had done that they'd have needed a third or fourth difficulty setting.

Now I just want to back and play all the other games again for the third+ time. The only thing rough about the the early games is you can't see stats on anything in-game. You can look at your stat sheet and see if your damage/ac goes up, that's about it. And with something like ten slots for weapons/armor/etc it can be a bit of a chore. You wind up with so much equipped shit that there's no room to pick up loot. But what MMX is missing is fighting huge hordes of shit at once.

My only real gripe: Them load times, ugh. Some idiots wanted to make a MMO with this chunky engine?

Thread Information