Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeland Season 3

Tuconets
    I hope they have the balls to kill off Brody. His storyline is no longer interesting.

Tuconets
    Considering his storyline really hasn't started yet for this season, don't know how you can say that.

Anyway, while Dana gets a lot of hate, I like her storyline. It is interesting to see the collateral damage on a family from something like what happened. I also have a feeling that Dana will figure out that her father had nothing to do with it.

Enjoying everything with Saul and Carrie. On the televisionwithoutpity, I saw some posters get all bent out of shape at Saul's "racism". I think him making a comment about someone wearing a headscarf, while not PC, also totally fit a normal persons reaction to having 300 of their coworkers killed by a member of that religion. If someone shot up my school while proclaiming he was doing it for Jesus, I would probably be a bit irritated if someone new came to work the next day wearing a huge cross.
    Last edited by khalid; 10-07-2013 at 03:16 AM.

Tuconets
    Just marathoned through all the episodes the past week, dayum this is an amazing show. Haven't had such big holy shit moments in a show, like Brody praying in arabic at the end of episode 1 or the end of season 2 when all the shit went down. Saul is such a goddamn fantastic character, his interactions with Carrie are so subliminally amazing especially at the end of season 2 when the two get into it over career vs love. I have watched way too much 24 though, I was totally expecting Carrie to pull out a gun and shoot Brody at the end of season 2, and turn out to be the terrorist mole or something (which would make no sense, I know).

A bipolar insane, workaholic fuck happy female main character is something I would never, ever, ever expect to work in a million years but it works so well and Carrie is someone you love and hate all at the same time. Love all the Islamic insights too, the little speech Abu Nazir gave Carrie was fascinating. I hope they can continue making the bad guys interesting and smart.

Tuconets
    They really need to can the Carrie is crazy shit. It's a crutch they're heavily relying on anytime they need to impede progress on her development or plot. Think of a new arc to put her in, please, for the love of god
    ~ __0
    _-\<,_
    (*)/ (*)

Tuconets
    HLBC bank hahahaha, not very subtle show writing staff!

I liked where the Dana emo took the storyline, I blatantly admit to fast forwarding the stuff where she was with her BF but the scene with her mother in the bathroom was worth it. Hopefully they tone that shit down now though.

Brody back next week or is it later in the season?

The Lion of MMA Predictions Ameraves's Avatar
    Tuconets
    Quote Originally Posted by spronk View Post
    Love all the Islamic insights too, the little speech Abu Nazir gave Carrie was fascinating. I hope they can continue making the bad guys interesting and smart.
    This was actually one of my favorite scenes of the entire show to date. My wife caught up on the show after I had already watched the first 2 seasons, and I would half pay attention when she was watching it. When that scene came up I stopped what I was doing just to watch it again. Good stuff.

Tuconets
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazana View Post
    I liked where the Dana emo took the storyline, I blatantly admit to fast forwarding the stuff where she was with her BF but the scene with her mother in the bathroom was worth it. Hopefully they tone that shit down now though.
    Spoiler: 
    When she told her mom that she wants to live now because of douchebag,
    I immediately thought that sometime this season she's going to catch him cheating on her with some other crazy, hence taking away her raison d'etre. Mom will do something cool and she'll realize they're both really the same...or something.

Tuconets
    In case of plothole, please break the crazy woman glass to get out of the psych ward. Showtime is proud to announce the entire writing staff of Dexter is now working on Homeland !

Tuconets
    Er, being crazy is keeping her in there. I would have to say that is fairly realistic lol.

Tuconets
    Disclaimer: I haven't read this thread, due to potential spoilers.

If I loved season one and HATED season two, should I be watching season three?
    Thanks.

Tuconets
    If you hated season then you'll despise the first two episodes of this season.

Tuconets
    Quote Originally Posted by Fight View Post
    Disclaimer: I haven't read this thread, due to potential spoilers.

If I loved season one and HATED season two, should I be watching season three?
    Thanks.
    So far season 3 is even more of what made Season 2 shitty. Show is really starting to suck, not sure I'll make it thru this season.

Tuconets
    Quote Originally Posted by Fight View Post
    If I loved season one and HATED season two, should I be watching season three? Thanks.
    imo wait until season 3 is over then marathon through it. I marathoned through season 2 and thought it was good, but the Dana (brodys kid) parts were excruciatingly bad but all the Al Nazir stuff was awesome and watching each episode back to back made you forget about the stupid car crash stuff.

I assume this season is gonna be similar, with a lot of shitty stuff with the family but some pretty awesome stuff going on with the CIA, Saul, and crazy lady. Also I expect at least one more episode of great tits.

Tuconets
    why do ppl like this?

season 3 is the same as season 2, no difference, just that instead of brody we get his stupid daughter (dana) storyline. Holy shit i couldn't stand this tween bullshit, everytime she was on screen fast forward, fast forward. The last time i fast forwarded this much was dexter.

season 2, oh no carrie is crazy, oh no carrie is off her meds, oh no carrie is a genius tho! what the hell is the difference in season 3?

Tuconets
    What I would say is, Homeland s1 is awesome because both Brody and Carrie character development are (IMO) solid. It's in a way like Rubicon TV show would have been, we've been extendly shown what the NCS is for ; action. It's everyday's life of most Langley's CIA analysts. Granted, being high profile in the most known spy agency in the world since Cold War has its perks, but it's fedgov's administration, not Zimbabwean Intelligence Service. They'll be frowned upon victories, and they'll be despised upon anything else. That's how things go. Secrecy is anything, deception is everything.

But as soon as we're fully aware of Carrie's disease (bipolar disorder with manic-depressive episodes) there is no way, I mean NO WAY this show would have been coherent in any way (thank you Chip Johanssen, 24 showrunner) because there is no way some high-clearance CIA analyst would be let on the loose with that knowledge. It's not Tom Clancy's Hollywood, it's about keeping secret clearances. If you happen to know some shit, and become a liability, you're deffo gonna be taken care of : remember, you're in some CLANDESTINE service where even your identity is questionable. It's not 1962 anymore, we're not gonna summon you at midnight on some dark ghetto alley, clip you and make you *disappear* for the sake of it. Haha, it would still happen tho, but we would never hear of it (clandestine, etc). NCS clearance makes you sign weeks long discharges where ever your whole existence is questionable. You would NEVER go to some random journalist and spill your bullshit with only your word backing it. That's not how things work, even on most BP disorder attacks.

Nowadays, highsec (there is no levels really, it's all about clearances and NTK-Need To Know basis) clearance people have secure lives (families, wives, husbands, children, etc). Why ? Because some fuck in 1947 said "secrecy is about family" because it's easier to threaten / control people when they have things they care about. Yeah this quote could or couldn't be made by Angleton. LOL, it happened 60 years ago ? Who cares ? CIA is the most important spy agency in the world nowadays. Efficient, competitive ? No, I'm talking about powership, knowledge, craftship, deception and failures. Yeah CIA is IMO all about that, a giant clusterfucker of true values choked upon ideals (I'm living in Europe). You'd really think they'd get official clearance fucks on the loose with mental diseases post 9-11 ? No, just no. Remember, we're living in bureaucracy states, where your opinion only matters when there's a trail. How about when there's no trail ?

You're being a secret spy manager, and you're gonna promote some unstable-rogue-asset right after some department wise fuckup because she was right all along ? Either you're the worst whiteknight manager all along, or you have a Jesus personal agenda. Either way, you'd have to build a search team for sense, because none of it has yet to be found.

Tuconets
    I don't get the love affair with this either. Season 1 was excellent, but should have ended with Brody blowing up. Last season, and the first 2 episodes of this season were really poor. We get it, Carrie is crazy as fuck and Dana is a whore.

Tuconets
    Anyone else feel uncomfortable with the 16 year old having sex? Not only is her storyline uninteresting and irrelevant, it just felt wrong. Especially when she rolled on top of him for round two.

Tuconets
    The only thing that felt wrong is that the boyfriend is played by the same actor than the wannabe serial killer in the last season of Dexter!

Tuconets
    This show has become un-watchable for me. I just can't believe the writers decided this would be a good direction to take the show. Can it be saved at this point?