Page 1 of 155 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fast Food Thread

Tuconots

The Fast Food Thread

Raising Canes...

This shit is gods gift to the world. The only thing they make are chicken fingers and they do it well. Their "Canes Sauce" is some amazing shit.

Tuconots
    Found a Raising Cane's near me today. Thanks for the suggestion, shit was good~

Tuconots
    Chicken fingers, fries and texas toast. Every time we swing through Louisiana to see friends we stop. Kind of glad they don't have one near me actually.

Tuconots
    I ate at this place about 5 years ago in Vegas and it was fucking amazing. Much to my enjoyment they opened one here in Phoenix about a year ago, I try and hit it up about once a month or so.

Tuconots
    Having a somewhat food industry back ground. If you have the funds / credit available and you want to absofuckinglutely roll in dough. Open a raising cane's in a college town.

Its a license to print money hats.

I would immagine they have a very low food cost. ( they make like 5 things, thats it ) Less options = better.

Its delicious as shit, and pretty cheap for what you get / quality. We have 8 of them in columbus, and they are all busy as hell.

So ya, if you ever wanted to run / own fast food, and you have a pop of ~75K + / College Town it might be worth looking into.

Tuconots
    Why do they call it Texas toast? It's just toast.

Hullabaloo Caneck Caneck! taebin's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Cuz it's big. And Texas is big. Texas Toast.

Tuconots
    Because it's a much thicker bread then a normal slice and was first made that way (speculated) in Beaumont, Texas in the 1940's. A restaurant ordered thicker slices of bread that resulted in slices to thick to toast in a toaster so they buttered it and fried it in a skillet to taste it that way instead. Much like with anything done the first time, it was named for those involved, Texas.

Tuconots
    I got diarrhea from reading this thread.

Tuconots
    Hey guys I put 2 slices of cheese on my hamburger. I call it a BrutulTM burger and now you have to too.

Hullabaloo Caneck Caneck! taebin's Avatar
    Tuconots
    2 slices? That's amateur shit. The trademarked taebin 3 slicer© is where it's at.

Tuconots
    Fuck. I am ruined.

Tuconots
    Does anyone else have a Golden Chick near them? They have the most amazing "chicken sandwich". It is chicken strips with secret sauce put between ROLLS instead of buns. SO GOOD.
    Steam/XBL/PSN - narbleton

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by yimmien View Post
    Does anyone else have a Golden Chick near them? They have the most amazing "chicken sandwich". It is chicken strips with secret sauce put between ROLLS instead of buns. SO GOOD.

This sounds fucking awesome. You're not helping my diet.

Tuconots

Tuconots
    Raising Canes is indeed good - I still like Chik Fil A's chicken more, but if I'm feeling squirrelly I'll get RC. That sauce is so good, I've made it at home and its come out damn near exactly the same as it is in the restaurant. Its cheap as shit too. Been eating healthier/dieting the past 6 weeks, but I've really been craving Freebirds & Fuzzy's.... Might have to get a big fucking burrito tomorrow.

Fuzzys = Fish/Shrimp tacos, Freebirds = burritos. Both are much, much better than shitty Chipotle/Qdoba etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images

BamboozledTwentyFourSeven Illuziun's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbok View Post
    Raising Canes is indeed good - I still like Chik Fil A's chicken more, but if I'm feeling squirrelly I'll get RC. That sauce is so good, I've made it at home and its come out damn near exactly the same as it is in the restaurant. Its cheap as shit too. Been eating healthier/dieting the past 6 weeks, but I've really been craving Freebirds & Fuzzy's.... Might have to get a big fucking burrito tomorrow.

Fuzzys = Fish/Shrimp tacos, Freebirds = burritos. Both are much, much better than shitty Chipotle/Qdoba etc.
    I couldn't eat Fuzzys when I went there, it tasted like a piece of shit that some suburban white mom tried making for taco Tuesday.

The only way to go tacos is carne asada street tacos from a bum ass Mexican taco truck or a little taco stand.

Cactus Taco

El Matador Taco Truck

Last edited by Illuziun; 02-01-2013 at 05:12 AM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedwyn View Post
    Nothing wrong with horse meat. It's a bit on the fatty/chewy side, but doesn't taste half bad.

konina.jpg
    Last edited by McCheese; 02-01-2013 at 05:56 AM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuziun View Post
    I couldn't eat Fuzzys when I went there, it tasted like a piece of shit that some suburban white mom tried making for taco Tuesday.

The only way to go tacos is carne asada street tacos from a bum ass Mexican taco truck or a little taco stand.
    Yep. California taquerias absolutely destroy any Mexican food you can get elsewhere.

Tuconots
    I absolutely love the Baconator. Unless they make it so it is slathered with grease and looks like Honey Boo Boo's mom say on it (35% of the time, approximately), it is great. I used to love Wendy's chicken strips but then they were little bitches and got rid of them. Fuck you I don't want your chicken nuggets, I want your goddamn motherfucking chicken strips. The ones from burger king aren't half bad either.

Tuconots
    The cheddar and onion burger at McDonalds is good if you like grilled onions. That's about all you can taste.

Better option is to try and get them to make you a McDouble with grilled onions. It's hit or miss but sometimes they will do it.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Springbok View Post

Agreed with Fuzzy's. Anytime I'm up in north texas, I must needs eat there.

Chipotle > Freebirds. Freebirds has Chipotle by the balls with their steak and queso, but overall, Chipotle makes the better finished product. Plus, I don't like being upsold on er'thing when I go into Freebirds. It also doesn't help that the closest Freebirds is next door to a 5 Guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Illuziun
    Your taste is bad. And you should feel bad. Or get your palate replaced.

Tuconots
    i just ate domino's for the first time in 20 years because i had heard good things about the new recipe. it was probably the blandest pizza i've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Beef Supreme View Post
    It also doesn't help that the closest Freebirds is next door to a 5 Guys.
    do you live in corpus christi?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by supertouch View Post
    do you live in corpus christi?
    Houston. God's sweaty anus.

Tuconots
    Anyone try the Cantina Steak Burrito? I need some reviews.

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures Royal's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by supertouch View Post
    i just ate domino's for the first time in 20 years because i had heard good things about the new recipe. it was probably the blandest pizza i've ever had.
    I fell for the exact same bullshit my own self. Someone told me how great their pan pizza is so I broke down and tried it. Pathetic.

Some people have no fuggin' clue what good food really tastes like.

Tuconots
    cheesy tots are back @ BK. hallelujah

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Azeth View Post
    cheesy tots are back @ BK. hallelujah
    They aren't called Wicked Awwwwwsum Taaaaawwwwmmy Taawwwwts?

Also, lol @ BK. I wouldn't take a dump in a BK.

Tuconots
    Also, lol @ BK
    fast food thread, bai

Tuconots
    fast food thread, bai
    If you'd take Tawmy's cock out of your mouth, you'd know that "fast food" ranges from the swill on every corner to some amazing food.

But you love Tawmy's cock, so I'd imagine that you'll keep it in your mouth. Or your b-hole.

BK still sucks.

Tuconots
    I think as far as the fast 3 go I would rate Wendys > BK > Anything > McD's. With this analysis you can see that I would in fact take a dump in a BK.

Tuconots
    Wendy's burgers/chicken sandwiches definitely taste the best, but it'd be tough for me to turn down a triple whopper with cheese! Put some BBQ sauce on it, so fucking great.

As for McDonald's, there's no denying their fries (SALTY FUCKIN GOODNESS!), but for me - can't go wrong with a 20 pc. nugget for $4. Great deal!

That being said, I haven't had fast food in over two months, so I don't eat this crap very often. Except Chipotle, I eat that shit every GOD DAMN DAY.

Tuconots
    I was shocked to see they built a brand new Roy Rogers nearby. I haven't seen one of those in probably close to a decade.

Tuconots
    "Max" ftw!

Tuconots
    Chic-Fil-A & Whataburger > er'thing else

Tuconots
    Wendys still has the best fast food chicken sandwich. Their Spicy Chicken sandwich just kills anything Chick Fil A has. Chick Fil A has zero spice, not sure how they can even claim to have a spicy chicken sandwich.

Tuconots
    I mean, if we're going there, In & Out > Everything. Steaks & Shakes in Florida is pretty god damn good too, but is that fast food?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by joeboo View Post
    Wendys still has the best fast food chicken sandwich. Their Spicy Chicken sandwich just kills anything Chick Fil A has. Chick Fil A has zero spice, not sure how they can even claim to have a spicy chicken sandwich.
    Yeah, you're smoking crack. The Chik Fil A spicy chicken is way more spicy and just better tasting in general than Wendy's.

Tuconots
    Chik Fil A is pretty damn good. Don't care if they're a bunch of homo-haters. I will gladly eat their chicken.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Chik Fil A is pretty damn good. Don't care if they're a bunch of homo-haters. I will gladly eat their chicken.
    It's not a very good show, but this sketch seemed applicable here.

Tuconots
    Wendy's consistently drops the ball whenever i go. Fries are cold and suck and their burgers flavor profiles don't come together the way BK and McD do

Tuconots
    I like Wendy's new fries more than the old ones. BK still has the worst fries. McD's are still the best to me though.

I do not like Wendy's new commercials, and prior to that they changed the #4 bacon burger thing from something good to blah. It's basically just bacon and beef now, where it used to have lettuce and such. I prefer it to be balanced, not just a dry pile of meat.

I don't know how Domino's sells food to anyone. I didn't like them with their old recipe, and don't like them now. I can enjoy pretty much every other pizza I've ever had more than Domino's.

Tuconots
    I don't eat any fast food type pizza. Shit is cardboard.

Tuconots
    burgers flavor profiles don't come together the way BK and McD do
    "Flavor profiles" and BK/McD are mutually exclusive.

Bro, you need to eat better.

Tuconots
    "Flavor profiles" and BK/McD are mutually exclusive.

Bro, you need to eat better.
    yup, im seriously so fat right now it's funny. 215 should be 180, and im gonna tell you right now, McD got it right with the Big Mac

Tuconots
    I paid a visit to the new Roy Rogers I mentioned a few days ago. First one I've been two in about a decade. The burger was mediocre but they had a pretty good strawberry shortcake sundae.

Tuconots
    Some of the guys I work with get the chicken from Roy Rogers every now and then. I don't know how you manage to fuck up fried chicken, but Roy Rogers sure has that shit figured out. It is awful, just awful.

Tuconots
    SIGN ME UP

Tuconots
    I'm late to the game, but I found a Cain's semi-near me and it kicks ass. A+, would eat again.

Tuconots
    while i often eat and appreciate good food, i also love all sorts of fast food. burger king is delicious. i used to live in the bay area so in-n-out was always available but they could never get their fries right.

Tuconots
    Wendy's consistently drops the ball whenever i go.
    I think the biggest issue with discussions like this is that despite the fast food industry going to enormous lengths to attain conformity in their product across large areas, local stores and employees can manage to fuck it up regardless. The Wendys where I am at are largely decent, but elsewhere I've tried them and been let down. Hardees seemed to be horrible in this regard, and maybe BK to a lesser extent. McDonalds I'd say is the best across their stores, but their product (imho) suffered because of it and they aren't immune to this shit either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
    Haha. Hey Alex, since apparently you're reading this, at least my version of FoH stayed relevant until 2012. You managed to turn it into a 5th-rate guild within months of me moving on to EVE and ceasing my recruitment activities. You really showed us all how amazing you are when you invited the entire IRC channel to the WoW guild and let Ravvenn alienate everybody but her 5 friends in your absence.

infraction teflon Merkins4Brazil's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Can't eat Mickey D's, it's made with too much McLaxative. I pass on most big franchise spots, too many good local chain take out places. Drunken drive-thru at 2am is about the only time I'll hit one.

Tuconots
    I just learned this week that Arby's = RB's = Roast Beef

Tuconots
    Mind blown.

Tuconots
    Saw they had a new Hot Mess Burger at Jack in the Box, so I tried it out. It's actually pretty good. Price tag is a bit steep but jalapenos on a burger are a pretty refreshing change for a fast food joint, and they didn't skimp on them either, they were practically falling out of mine (dunno if that's standard).

Tuconots
    For a burger with jalapenos, yeah, generally they're packed the fuck in.

Five Guys throws in roasted jalapenos if you ask for them.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by BrutulTM View Post
    I just learned this week that Arby's = RB's = Roast Beef
    Jesus christ... everything I thought I knew is shit...

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    Jesus christ... everything I thought I knew is shit...
    It's all lies.

Tuconots
    It does refer to the abbreviation RB, but it's because of the brothers who founded Arby's. Raffel Brothers.

Tuconots
    It does refer to the abbreviation RB, but it's because of the brothers who founded Arby's. Raffel Brothers.
    So what you're saying is that Arby's = Human meat.

Tuconots
    Arby's is the only fast food I actually "like". I'll eat everything and sometimes I crave McNuggets, but goddamn. Arby's is fucking delicious.

I get 6-8 junior roast beef sandwiches when I go there. Perfection.

Tuconots
    I do like Arbys, but it has to be the most goddamn expensive fast food on the planet. A big roast beef sandwhich is like $6 by itself, no drink, no fries, nothing else. And its just plain meat on a plain bun, no bacon, no cheese, nothing else. 6 friggin bucks. It's *maybe* a quarter pound of meat...maybe

I miss Hardees having similar roast beef sandwhiches, they were just as good and a little bit cheaper. Their monster roast beef back in the day was the bomb, shitload of roast beef + like 4 pieces of bacon and melted cheese as well.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Betros View Post
    Arby's is the only fast food I actually "like".
    Personally I've been torn on Arby's for years. Back in the '90s they had the 5 for 5 and that was pretty damn legit, though paying the extra for cheese sucked. But you could get a lot of food for $5. Now all their sandwiches have shrunk and it seems like they've made new sandwiches to fill the size slot the old ones did, but the new ones cost you an arm and a leg. I don't care about some grape and pecan salad, I want a pile of roast beef and cheddar, and I don't want to have to pay $15+ to get what used to be $5. Not to mention some locations I guess are doing the classic/mid/max bullshit - I ate some of the "classics" and my first thought was "they didn't use to be this small".

Seems like their roast beef itself changed at some point in time, but I still do love me some Arby's curly-fries.

Quote Originally Posted by joeboo View Post
    I do like Arbys, but it has to be the most goddamn expensive fast food on the planet. A big roast beef sandwhich is like $6 by itself, no drink, no fries, nothing else. And its just plain meat on a plain bun, no bacon, no cheese, nothing else. 6 friggin bucks. It's *maybe* a quarter pound of meat...maybe

I miss Hardees having similar roast beef sandwhiches, they were just as good and a little bit cheaper. Their monster roast beef back in the day was the bomb, shitload of roast beef + like 4 pieces of bacon and melted cheese as well.
    I agree on Hardees, and I loved the mushroom and swiss that they used to have.

I also used to like Captain Ds and A&W but they really seemed to have changed a lot.
    Haha. Hey Alex, since apparently you're reading this, at least my version of FoH stayed relevant until 2012. You managed to turn it into a 5th-rate guild within months of me moving on to EVE and ceasing my recruitment activities. You really showed us all how amazing you are when you invited the entire IRC channel to the WoW guild and let Ravvenn alienate everybody but her 5 friends in your absence.

Tuconots
    I haven't been to a Hardees in so long I was unaware they stopped selling roast beef.

I remember one of my first jobs was at a Hardees....that roast beef came shrink wrapped and you stabbed in with a few holes and put it in their convection ovens to cook. Shit was like beef jello before it cooked and hardened up.

It was also delicious as fuck.

Tuconots
    Chipotle is god tier fastfood.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Phoenix View Post
    Chipotle is god tier fastfood.
    Doesn't qualify. In order to be a fast food restaurant, the restaurant must have a drive-thru.

Tuconots
    Arby's curly fries are amazing, if correctly prepared. If they fuck up, which somehow they do fairly often, they taste like greasy undercooked potatoes. Which is to say bad. I will never understand how you can fuck up a fried item at a fast food restaurant. You put the shit in the basket, lower the basket into the oil, and press the button with the picture of the food you are cooking on it and the timer starts. You don't even have to know how to read.

Tuconots
    Doesn't qualify. In order to be a fast food restaurant, the restaurant must have a drive-thru.
    One near me has one, your argument is invalid.

Also your argument is invalid anyways, we've already agreed that that is a retarded way to say if something is fast food or not when we were on FoH.
    Last edited by Tarrant; 02-19-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    One near me has one, your argument is invalid.

Also your argument is invalid anyways, we've already agreed that that is a retarded way to say if something is fast food or not when we were on FoH.
    No we didn't. There were people arguing about it both ways. Fast food has to be on the go. The only time I ever get fast food is when I'm in a rush or on a road trip and don't want to lose time. I'm not going to a Chipotle or Five Guys for that reason because that shit isn't fast.

Tuconots
    No we didn't. There were people arguing about it both ways. Fast food has to be on the go. The only time I ever get fast food is when I'm in a rush or on a road trip and don't want to lose time. I'm not going to a Chipotle or Five Guys for that reason because that shit isn't fast.
    Little Caesar's Hot and Ready Pizza would like to have a word with you.

Sorry to break it to you, but I've waited longer for food at McDonald's than I have at 5 Guys. Since every fast food place lets you customize your order none of them are 100% "fast" anymore and it all depends on what you order and how crowded it is. Even McDonalds, the king of fast food, doesn't have racks full of premade hamburgers sitting there like they used to. They make it when you order it.

For me fast food is anything where you order at a counter, pick up the food, and bring it to a table yourself. The wait time for your food can run anywhere from 1 to 5 minutes, again depending on what you order and how busy they are. This encompasses everything from McDonalds to Subway to Panera Bread.

P.S. Not to mention all the mall food courts full of miscellaneous fast food places without drive thrus.
    Last edited by McCheese; 02-19-2013 at 08:18 PM.

Tuconots
    Man named McCheese with an avatar of a burger-man posting in the Fast Food Thread? Story checks out

Also, i completely forgot that fast food places would keep pre-made food out. That shit was lightning quick back in the day, I remember my dad breaking the news to me that BK wouldn't do a plain cheese cheeseburger.

Tuconots
    The 5 Guys by me must be slow as fuck, because it's always longer than McD's. Chipotle only takes longer due to the line, but they make your shit like 4 seconds.

Tuconots
    Also, i completely forgot that fast food places would keep pre-made food out. That shit was lightning quick back in the day, I remember my dad breaking the news to me that BK wouldn't do a plain cheese cheeseburger.
    I think most places have gotten rid of them by now, but as of a couple years ago I would still occasionally run into an old ass McDonalds on road trips where you'd see the empty burger chute behind the registers.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by McCheese View Post
    I think most places have gotten rid of them by now, but as of a couple years ago I would still occasionally run into an old ass McDonalds on road trips where you'd see the empty burger chute behind the registers.
    That queue was handy. You could see what was ready and order accordingly. Chik-Fil-A still has it, since there really isn't anything to customize.

Know what I miss? The 1992 Olympics promotion at McDonald's. What better way to celebrate our top athletes than to sell the least healthy meals on the planet in their honor? Triple cheeseburgers for like $1? Check. 64 oz sodas? Check. Fries served in the 64 oz cups? Check. Man that promotion kicked ass.

Tuconots
    We did a two week family road trip that summer... when my parents moved out of their house last year, I found like 50 of those cups in my old closet. I had at least two of everyone and probably about 20 Chris Mullin cups for some reason

Tuconots
    Yeah, we argued this back on FOH and it was still fucking retarded. Thanks for volunteering to be the Tad10 of this thread, though.

I've eaten at McDonalds in a number of foreign airports. Schiphol, Dubai...and they had no drive-thrus. Does that mean that those locations weren't fast-food? I ate at a BK in the Baghdad greenzone iirc, and it was in a sort of a trailer and served from a counter only. I remember there being a McDonalds in Toronto by the giant mall that had no drive thru, and there are similar places in large cities all over the place. Not to mention all of the fast food chains that started out early before drive thru windows were even a standard.

Sorry, but the drive thru argument is ridiculously stupid, the same as it was back on FOH.

Here's another thing: Fast Food restaurants are called QSRs (quick service restaurants) within the industry itself. They would never use a drive thru as a metric for what is or is not a fast food entity. Their metric has usually been along the lines of "Quick Food, minimal or no table service". This is clearly different from "casual dining". IHOP? That's casual dining - you are seated, you are served by a waitress, menus, you pay after you eat, etc. Chipotle? That's a solid QSR (fast food). You aren't seated, you aren't served, you place your order at the counter and they ring you up there, you pay before you eat, then you either sit down and wolf it down with no table service, or you carry it back home to eat.

http://www.qsrmagazine.com/category/chains/chipotle
    http://www.qsrmagazine.com/category/chains/five-guys

Quote Originally Posted by Soygen View Post
    The 5 Guys by me must be slow as fuck, because it's always longer than McD's. Chipotle only takes longer due to the line, but they make your shit like 4 seconds.
    Yeah, 5 Guys isn't super fast, but I've had a big variation on wait times (discounting a line). The one nearest my house is actually pretty quick, and if you can avoid lines you can be in and out in under 5 minutes pretty easily. The place I usually go to with friends that is farther away, we usually end up waiting longer. No idea why that is though, unless the people at one store are markedly quicker than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Haast View Post
    That queue was handy. You could see what was ready and order accordingly.
    The problem with those was that the product in those slides (at McDs at least) were timed at 15m iirc. When the place was busy it would cycle fast enough not to be an issue, but when it wasn't busy you'd make some stock, throw it in there, then have to throw it away if it wouldn't sell. The timing method I remember were metal "L" shaped pieces with numbers painted on them. What some people would do would be to just leave the burgers in there and keep changing the numbers, so you could end up with some dried-ass burgers if whoever was working gave no fucks.

Tuconots
    Who gives a fuck? We're not making a second thread for "Slightly Slower Chain Food Restaurants" either way. If someone wants to talk greasy unhealthy food from a chain joint this is the place for it.

Tuconots
    I give a fuck, faggot.

Tuconots
    Erronius, when Grim says "who gives a fuck?" It really means he doesn't give a fuck and by proxy the rest of the world shouldn't either.

Also, Erronius served Alex.

Tuconots
    In that case, people that go to shitty fast food restaurants like BK and McD's need to step up their game.

bacon-hot-dog-cart.jpg

628x471.jpg

goldenboypizzas-1.jpg

l.jpg

This is where it starts becoming a faggy foodie contest. Because anything that's a chain will never top whatever random local spot people can post here.

Tuconots
    Last edited by Azeth*; 02-20-2013 at 02:48 AM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Erronius View Post
    I give a fuck, faggot.
    Keep your crotchless panties on, if I was talking directly to you I'd use your name or quote you. I also wouldn't have been basically agreeing with you.

Also FAGGOT POOPDICK SHITWAFFLE GRRR!

Tuconots
    FUCK YOU FAGGORT

Tuconots
    I ain't said nothin' 'bout no health standards.

Tuconots
    You faggots, drive thrus are a requirement for an establishment to be considered fast food. Subway, no drive thru but still fast food.

Tuconots
    Worst. Haiku. Ever.

Tuconots
    If there was a Chipotle with a drive thru anywhere near me I would eat there EVERY. FUCKING. DAY

The only thing that keeps me from going there for lunch half the time is the weather and not wanting to get out of the car(100 degrees in the summer, freezing in the winter, etc)

Tuconots
    They are getting skimpy as fuck with ingredients at Chipotle lately. I always have to ask for more rice and more beans when I order usually.

Location is the only issue I have with Chipotle too, at least near me... of the three that are closest to my house or office, one is next to a Whole Foods, one is next to a Portillo's (Chicago people will understand this) and the other is in the downtown area of the suburb I work in so it's impossible to find parking.

Tuconots
    Mine all depends on if the person making my order is black or not.

Tuconots
    I rarely eat at Chipotle anymore. Over the past few years they've gotten worse. The tortilla wrapping is absolutely sad. The burrito falls apart so early. And I've always had a problem with the cold salsa. WTF is that? At least keep it room temperature. You're ruining the goddamn cheese by making it not melt.

Tuconots
    I've always greatly preferred California Tortilla to Chipotle. Plus they've got a fantastic selection of hot sauces.

Tuconots
    When we first got Chipotle several years ago it was always Mexicans and I never had a problem with tortilla wrapping. Now it's all white high school kids and they can't roll a tortilla for shit. The rest of the product has stayed consistent.

Tuconots
    I'm so fucking hungry...

Tuconots
    Cubans are the best tortilla rollers, actually. If you ever stop by a Chipotle staffed by Dominicans, move along. They roll those burritos way too tightly.

Tuconots
    <-- Cuban. When I make tacos at home, I stuff them so much they can't even close. I have to eat them like hard tacos.

The chipotles by me seem to be doing fine, but then again I live in a very urban area, so lots of mexican ready and willing to roll some shells bruhs.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Enob View Post
    When we first got Chipotle several years ago it was always Mexicans and I never had a problem with tortilla wrapping. Now it's all white high school kids and they can't roll a tortilla for shit. The rest of the product has stayed consistent.
    very true. Now the only mexicans I see at Chipotle are usually working the grill or mixing the giant bowl of rice

BamboozledTwentyFourSeven Illuziun's Avatar
    Tuconots
    I used to like Chipotle, then I got salmonella poisoning from it and couldn't move for a week. I also got sick from it two other times, but not nearly as bad as the salmonella poisoning. I thought it was just me, then one of my friends sisters worked there, and he said she stopped bringing food home because they were getting sick off of it like once a month. Terrible terrible food.

Any place that just leaves food sitting in the hot plate for hours at a time is bad news. If it's not being cooked for order, it's shit. It takes a whole 3 minutes to cook meat for Mexican food, no excuses.
    Last edited by Illuziun; 02-21-2013 at 07:07 AM.

Tuconots
    I spent 45 minutes outside a Mexican restaurant in the Phoenix airport once watching Mexican ladies roll burritos and despite that and practicing a fair amount myself I still suck at it.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Illuziun View Post
    I used to like Chipotle, then I got salmonella poisoning from it and couldn't move for a week. I also got sick from it two other times, but not nearly as bad as the salmonella poisoning. I thought it was just me, then one of my friends sisters worked there, and he said she stopped bringing food home because they were getting sick off of it like once a month. Terrible terrible food.

Any place that just leaves food sitting in the hot plate for hours at a time is bad news. If it's not being cooked for order, it's shit. It takes a whole 3 minutes to cook meat for Mexican food, no excuses.
    I can honestly say since 2007 I've probably eaten over 1000 times at Chipotle. I was in college, it was right down the street. There were days I ate there 3 times. I went there about 5 days out of the week. Not ONCE have I EVER even gotten a TINGLING from Chipotle. Perhaps it has to do with specific practices going in L.A.? But here in Jersey, shit is boss.

I did have meningitis in 2009, but I feel that's completely unrelated...

Thread Information