Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Rebels

Tuconots

Star Wars: Rebels

REB_IA_220_L.jpglothalTieFighterCrasheSiteExt-600x774.jpgShot16_slate.jpg

To premiere later this year with a one hour special on Disney XD and followed by the full series in, presumably, 2014. They seem to be taking their cue from Cartoon Network who always does this same trick with their action-oriented animated series of having a cold-open special to get the buzz started and get the advertisers salivating and then follow up with the show months later after the ad budgets have been set.

The goal is to "make the Ralph McQuarrie paintings come alive"

Tuconots
    Still not forgiving them for canceling Clone Wars.

Tuconots

First glimpse at Wondercon.

Very lighthearted clip.

Very cool touch with blasters and tie fighter FX like the original series.

Tuconots
    looks good

Tuconots
    Ill check this out. dont care about kids crap, but i do care to see how much disney is going to rape this franchise.

Tuconots

Star Wars Rebels is a forthcoming animated television series set in approximately 5 BBY, during the time frame between the films Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope. The premiere episode, a one-hour special, will air on Disney Channel in fall 2014, with the series then shifting to Disney XD. With Lucasfilm's reorganization of Star Wars continuity in April 2014, Star Wars Rebels will be the first on-screen entry in the new Star Wars canon.

The series will follow a motley group of rebels—the crew of the starship Ghost—and their struggles against the oppressive Galactic Empire. The Ghost's crew consists of the Twi'lek pilot Hera Syndulla, the alien enforcer Zeb Orrelios, the Mandalorian Sabine Wren, the astromech droid Chopper, the former Jedi Kanan Jarrus, and the teenage con artist Ezra Bridger. A primary theme of Star Wars Rebels will be exploring the origins of the Rebel Alliance.

Tuconots

Longer version, now with Obi-Wan

Tuconots
    it still looks really good. i need to watch the pilot to see if its classic (mature) star wars or if its jar jar (kiddie/retard) star wars.

Tuconots

Tuconots
    I was not aware the TIE Fighter sounds were from an external audio intimidation system that is active in both space and atmosphere. Also, Stormtroopers are most inaccurate members of the Cops Who Go On Paid Leave thread who fire blaster shots at fleeing kids.

Tuconots
    I noticed all the videos for REBELS are trademarked under 2014 Lucasfilm Ltd rather than Disney. Is Disney not directly responsible for production of this series? My nephew is already clamoring for an Ezra toy to play with.

Tuconots
    Lucasfilm exists as a wholly owned subsidiary of Disney. They will likely stay legally distinct for quite a while for tax purposes

Tuconots

Another short

Tuconots
    I struggled to watch 3 minutes of such a fucking annoying cunt of a character.

Tuconots
    Yeah, Twileks are supposed to be ILFs, not naggy I'd Like to Forgets. Vette was superior.

Tuconots

Tuconots

Tuconots
    Groan worthy, but characters are still not as bad as Jar Jar.

Tuconots
    Argh, I don't even...

Make America's Team great again Hoss's Avatar
    Tuconots
    When and where can I watch this thing?
    #TrumpLovesPecker
    #HillaryDidNothingWrong

Tuconots
    They announced the premiere: Oct 3rd at 9pm for the 1 hour double-episode launch. Then the regular time will be Monday at 9pm starting with episode 3 on October 13th. This is a bit of a surprise as originally they had said there would be a special premiere this fall and the show would go to series in 2015.

Tuconots
    Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion | Season 01 Episode 101 Watch Full Episode - WatchDisneyXD.com

Its up for viewing on DisneyXD online above or on their mobile app (which does support Chromecast)

Decent intro episode. Better than the theatrical clone wars Truman capote-as-a-Hutt launch. Most of the first episode will look familiar if you have seen the various sneak peeks.

Ezra is more interesting that Ahsoka was in her debut as the young PoV character, although he is a bit stereotypical Alladin. His energy slingshot bugs me, but I can see why they did it in light of portraying a barely pubescent kid with a weapon.

Chopper and Sabine are currently tied for my favorite character.
    Last edited by Qhue; 09-26-2014 at 03:52 PM.

Tuconots
    Energy Slingshot? How old are you watching this shit...

Tuconots
    I knew this was going to be kiddie as fuck. Suck my dick Disney, can't believe they cancelled Clone Wars for this garbage.
    Draegan is a faggoty piece of shit who sold the forum to mmorpg.com just to spite us. Register at the new site.

ReReRolled.org - A Gaming Community

Tuconots
    You guys are either forgetting how much PG material they had in early Clone Wars with Padma/R2/Jarjar or you skipped over those episodes. They build the Disney XD audience with PG kiddie stuff then progressively get into the PG-13.

But yes, I would still rather have Clone Wars seasons 7-15.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakriss View Post
    You guys are either forgetting how much PG material they had in early Clone Wars with Padma/R2/Jarjar or you skipped over those episodes. They build the Disney XD audience with PG kiddie stuff then progressively get into the PG-13.

But yes, I would still rather have Clone Wars seasons 7-15.
    yeah, previews of Ahsoka etc.

Fuck the slingshot though. And the blastersabre. Seriously fuckers made a gunblade out of a lightsabre and blaster. just... god damnit. quality control should not let shit like that in. That was the entire point of reboots, and cutting out EU crap. There was a lack of control over shit like that, and we got Lightwhips.

Tuconots
    First episode is now downloadable through torrent (Spark of rebellion). IMO at least as mature as The Clone Wars, likable characters, and the Imperial Agent and the Inquisitor show great promise.

Tuconots
    Pilot movie aired last night.
    was only half paying attention.

I'd say about on par as early Clone wars. Fairly young target is obvious. Nothing jumped out at me as too annoyingly childish, and it will likely mature a bit as it goes.
    Great for kids. probably watchable for older crowd too.

Tuconots
    Liked it for the most part. best part are the nods toward things that have always been in the background, like rescuing Wookie slaves from the spice mines of Kessel, Grand Moff Tarkin being an asshole, etc. But the fact that they rescued the Wookies in about 45 seconds and it didn't involve Chewbacca seemed to drop the ball a little. Certainly entertaining enough to keep on the dvr though.

Tuconots
    Chewie should already be up to no good with Han about now.

Tuconots
    really dont understand people complaining how kid this is. Clone wars was kid as fuck. Why you watching a kid show if you dont want it to be kid.

Tuconots
    This blows away anything in the first two seasons of The Clone wars.

Tuconots
    The audio engineers on this series should all be fired. Every sound FX was ripped directly from the movies. It was so bad that I could tell exactly what movie and scene they ripped it from.

It wasn't horrible for a pilot. Hopefully they'll push it more towards a teen audience instead of preteen. But it's Disney, so they'll probably try to balance it between the two and end up losing the interests of both.

Tuconots
    Where can I watch it? hopefully it's not download only. Miguex said it was worth the spot on the DVR, so that means it's on a real channel, right?
    #TrumpLovesPecker
    #HillaryDidNothingWrong

Tuconots

Tuconots
    Odd... DisneyXD isnt working for me at the moment

Tuconots
    Wait, there's a "first episode"? Thought the movie was the first episode, guess I have something to watch.

Tuconots
    It started working again, I guess Disney was just having a network kerfluffle for a bit.

Yeah they are continuing with the digital-first thing and have the first episode up online ahead of the actual premiere on the 13th.

Tuconots
    Soo, on the 13th when it officially premiers, where can I watch it?
    #TrumpLovesPecker
    #HillaryDidNothingWrong

Tuconots
    Pretty cool Star Tours tie ins in tonights episode, but I'm a Disney nerd.

Tuconots
    Yeah I caught that as well. Very Star Toursy with the shuttle craft including the layout and the pilot of the thing.

They have next week's episode up on DisneyXD online.

For older fans of the original trilogy you may recognize something from next week's episode...

Spoiler: 

itt-front.jpg

Had a small geekgasm when I recognized it
    Last edited by Qhue; 10-14-2014 at 01:28 PM.

Tuconots
    Every R2 with personality is a total asshole. Makes you wonder how that is ever profitable.

Tuconots
    The Astromech market must be very peculiar. Perhaps the personality is to help save sentient species jobs. Hire a real mechanic because an R2 is a dick...

Tuconots
    Maybe astromech units start out fine but after multiple memory wipes they become jaded? Then again depending on the memory wipe they probably don't remember them. Fuck I'm a nerd.

Tuconots
    According to stuff in the EU, droids develop personalities when they aren't memory wiped regularly. Astromechs don't get wiped as often as other types of droids because the stuff they learn helps them do their job better.
    #TrumpLovesPecker
    #HillaryDidNothingWrong

Tuconots
    So, it's called a laser sword now? >.<

Tuconots
    Yeah I noticed that. I know we are going big with the original mcquarrie stuff, but there should be limits.

I want an episode with former clone troopers discussing how terrible these stormtroopers are.

Banned
    Tuconots
    I can't stomach anymore Star Wars shit. They have fucked this franchise beyond recognition.

+1 for the other EU guy knowing about droids.

Fuck Star Wars, the EU books / comics will always be the best Star Wars material made

Tuconots
    Hmm so Ezra was born the day that the Emperor came into power. Probably not a coincidence. Those pesky midichlorians up to something...

Having this show anchored on Lothal has given it much less dynamic scope than Clone Wars had. By the end Clone Wars was following lots of different characters in a variety of adventures all over the galaxy. Right now we have just these doofuses operating on one planet whose primary significance seems to be as a Tie Fighter shipyard

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Qhue View Post
    Hmm so Ezra was born the day that the Emperor came into power. Probably not a coincidence. Those pesky midichlorians up to something...

Having this show anchored on Lothal has given it much less dynamic scope than Clone Wars had. By the end Clone Wars was following lots of different characters in a variety of adventures all over the galaxy. Right now we have just these doofuses operating on one planet whose primary significance seems to be as a Tie Fighter shipyard
    oh, I had a horrible thought.
    what if.. what if Starkiller shows up?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliane View Post
    oh, I had a horrible thought.
    what if.. what if Starkiller shows up?
    They already had a sith show up. And made fun of yodas teachings and pretty much shit it up. This series reminds me of those EXTREME Ghost busters. And where did this mandalorian come from. Its like nothing can be a dead ideology now.

Tuconots

But you also had the backround on everyone with 3 feature length films prior to it. Give the characters a chance to be fleshed out.

Tuconots

Tuconots
    So Ezra's

Spoiler: 

Lightsaber has sort of a cutlass style handle. Perhaps he will end up using a form that is more swashbuckler?

Tuconots
    Spoiler: 
    It's functional. He's built a gun into the hilt.

Tuconots
    Another lightsaber with a hilt? I guess everyone has a method to make cortosis weave now.

Tuconots
    You didn't read my spoiler, did you? Not that it really matters, since every sword ever has a hilt.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by McQueen View Post
    You didn't read my spoiler, did you? Not that it really matters, since every sword ever has a hilt.
    Hilt...crossguard..blah blah blah. It's still dumb as shit looking. A simple elegant weapon it is not. I think i would like the show a lot more if it was not focused on ezra and just the rest of the guys. Or if they retooled ezra a tad. I dont "hate" it..some of it is pretty strong. I just get a Vaan from final fantasy vibe from ezra. Maybe in a few seasons we get a timeskip and they do what they did to the annoying turd in REBOOT.

Also the twilek girl should get a bigger focus.

Tuconots
    OR they could shitcan this awful show and bring back Clone Wars.
    Draegan is a faggoty piece of shit who sold the forum to mmorpg.com just to spite us. Register at the new site.

Tuconots
    The humans will be the central characters, which means Ezra and Sabine will hook up at some point. That's the only reason the twilek is the denmother instead of the hot renegade teenager. Plus token alien and droid on the side.

The biggest problem so far is the inability for the show to touch anything of importance since it's canon.

Tuconots
    I just want more Inquisitor. That dude is badass while being calm and calculating at the same time, the perfect mix for a villian.

Tuconots
    Spoiler: 
    It's not just a "gunblade," but a stun-gunblade. And no, that's not cool.

I'm still giving it a chance, if for no other reason than the Inquisitor's in Rebels are setting up Inquisitor's in Episode VII.

Tuconots
    Not sure if I missed something, but is the jedi married to the twilek? I haven't seen them say it outright, but I swear she keeps calling him honey or baby or something like that. Got a rebels book sitting on my dresser, I figured it might be covered in there.

Also, I hate this type of animation, it annoys the fucking shit out of me. I don't know what you call this style of animation, but I've hated it since I first saw it, and just didn't watch the other shows that use it. I'd rather see loony tunes or south park style animation. If I weren't such a big star wars fan, no way I'd be watching it. If I discover the books cover the same ground, I will gladly stop watching. I guess they're just trying to make the movements 'natural', but every time they twitch or shift their weight or flip their head to move their bangs out of their eyes when they should just be standing there, it makes me want to drink. Hell, maybe that's what I'll do next time. Just had to get that off my chest.
    #TrumpLovesPecker
    #HillaryDidNothingWrong

Tuconots
    Kanan meets Hera in the novel A New Dawn, years back. I think it's implied now that they are together.

Tuconots
    One of my favorite parts of this show (that they haven't come out and openly said yet, but its heavily implied) is how absolutely shitty of a Jedi that Kanan is. Doesn't really understand the philosophy, only really mastered a few of the low-level force tricks, and keeps getting his ass-handed to him in any lightsaber duel. Explains why he is so terrible at teaching Ezra.

Tuconots
    Can't say it's a favorite part of the show, but I noticed how terrible he is too. He doesn't even understand "Do or do not, there is no try". That made perfect sense to me the first time I heard it when I was like 10. Until I learn otherwise, I am assuming he was actually in the ag corps when order 66 was executed.
    #TrumpLovesPecker
    #HillaryDidNothingWrong

Tuconots
    The constant references to his former master, Depa Billaba, aren't enough? This show is real big on not stating the obvious, but he never made it to Knight. Now that they've introduced Yoda into the story, there's probably going to be some training of "master" and apprentice happening.

Tuconots
    No I don't recognize Depa. Depa could have been a master who took him on as a padawan, or depa could have been one of the teachers at the academy. Master was what you called your teachers.
    For example, every Jedi calls Yoda master, but none of them currently living were ever his sole padawan.
    #TrumpLovesPecker
    #HillaryDidNothingWrong

Tuconots
    You can really tell how bad the animation is when they introduce young versions of known characters.

Tuconots
    I kinda didn't hate the jedi trials. The lightsaber looks super dumb. Also, why blue? He seems a Green Type.

Tuconots
    Shoehorning Lando into this, especially given that he seems to be the only one to not appear in Episode VII, just seems quite lame.

Tuconots
    Shoehorning Lando into this, especially given that he seems to be the only one to not appear in Episode VII, just seems quite lame.
    Well, they ripped off Clueless Master/Crybaby Apprentice from Obi Wan/Anakin Skywalker, why not rip off everything else?

Tuconots
    Disney is the reason Hera didn't change to a revealing outfit and pull a Jabba scene.

Tuconots
    11 episodes in and this show is still filler. Bring back Clone Wars.

Tuconots
    Finale is on tonight, they didn't allow early online streaming this week and I suspect it is because nothing of note happens, similar to the rest of the season.

Bring back Clone Wars.

Tuconots
    You seem upset. Did you have a crush on red tentacle girl?

Tuconots
    Hey I wanna find out if Ahsoka survives the jedi purge or not.

Tuconots
    Fucking awesome episode. Gavinmad, you get an answer.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguex View Post
    Fucking awesome episode. Gavinmad, you get an answer.
    Wait, what?!?!?!? Are you saying they mention Ahsoka in the season finale of Rebels?

Tuconots
    something like that, yes.

Tuconots
    Well from the context of what Radditsu posted, it sounds like she's dead. It's a shame, I always thought it would have been nice for her to meet Luke some time between Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, and the stuff she told him being the reason Luke was convinced his father could be turned away from the Dark Side, rather than it just being blind stupid optimism.

Tuconots
    The amount of plot from an entire season still only fit in a ketchup packet. Oh great, some named characters we recognize finally showed up, tune in next season when something of consequence might happen!

Tuconots
    really complaining?

A kids adventure show. Character based, because you KNOW whats going to happen. Like complaining about the plot moving forward in Titanic.
    Also that finale was awesome.

All season. "what do you know about the other rebels?"
    "I won't betray my friends".
    What did you think you were the ONLY ones?
    Welcome to the Rebellion.

Tuconots
    There wasn't shit in the first season of Clone Wars either.

Tuconots
    Yeah the season was very slow, almost glacial in fact. The entirety of the plot focused on a single planet whereas we were used to lots of face paced switches from front to front during the Clone Wars. I will say that they spent their time on character development and seem to have done a pretty good job of fleshing them out.

Hopefully the "OH FUCK!!" moments at the very end of the season finale are a sign that things will escalate in season 2, especially since season 2 will be airing immediately before and during the Episode VII madness and presumably Disney/Lucasfilm will be wanting to magnify their overall oomph factor.

Massive spoiler
    Spoiler: 

Having Fulcrum be Ahsoka not only makes a lot of sense it was a great payoff both for the series to date, for Clone Wars, and for placing her at the forefront of the Rebel Alliance during its formative period along with Bail Organa. Plus seeing an Adult Ahsoka was just damn nice. From interviews showing up this morning it looks like she will be a significant presence in season 2

Also I want one of Sabine's Tie Fighters
    Last edited by Qhue; 03-03-2015 at 01:05 PM.

Tuconots
    I guess I'll break down and watch this after all.

Tuconots
    I experienced cartoons in the 90s so I expect that if they're going to ditch the precursor show they should make a little bit of effort in the followup. The unofficial word is that Disney came down with limiting instructions and a schedule in relation to the movie (and the toys). Reveals were set for the finale so they couldn't be touched prior and weeks were intentionally skipped for their time table. 2nd season will be 20+ episodes.

On December 11, 2014, it was announced that the premiere episode of season two will debut at Celebration Anaheim in April 2015

Tuconots
    I find it hard to wrap my mind around nearly everything happening on one planet - lothal. I mean seriously, they can just drive off and dissappear where the empire can't find them on the same planet? What manner of fuckry is that? It doesn't even look like the ship's parking spot is covered in any way.

More on qhue's massive spoiler

Spoiler: 
    I couldn't tell for sure, but it didn't look like she had a lightsaber dangling from her belt. Is it supposed to be known that she's a jedi too?. Also, for anyone who watched the clone wars, what was the last we saw of ahsoka? Never watched the series, but I think I read a book where she had been made a full jedi. Was that true? I was thinking that maybe she survived order 66 because she left the order before it happened, or something like that.
    #TrumpLovesPecker
    #HillaryDidNothingWrong

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    I find it hard to wrap my mind around nearly everything happening on one planet - lothal. I mean seriously, they can just drive off and dissappear where the empire can't find them on the same planet? What manner of fuckry is that? It doesn't even look like the ship's parking spot is covered in any way.

More on qhue's massive spoiler

Spoiler: 
    I couldn't tell for sure, but it didn't look like she had a lightsaber dangling from her belt. Is it supposed to be known that she's a jedi too?. Also, for anyone who watched the clone wars, what was the last we saw of ahsoka? Never watched the series, but I think I read a book where she had been made a full jedi. Was that true? I was thinking that maybe she survived order 66 because she left the order before it happened, or something like that.
    Spoiler: 

HUUUUUGE spoilers if you haven't seen the series. seriously its like the cumulation of the entire show.

(theres an edit I can't find, where she flips them the bird as she leaves.)

She had 2 lightsabers. one "normal", and one "curved" for her normal backhand grip. Leaving the order does not make you forget force powers. they do not take away your sabre. or anything. even Dark Jedi are called Dark Jedi, or grey Jedi, grey Jedi, when neither are part of the Jedi order. So, she would still be called a Jedi. Having left the order is a sound reason for her to have lived, and not been hunted down and killed. but at the same time, could also just go with the excuse the small good part of Vader left, refused to hunt her down. Could be a plot point. Emperor sending assassins after her, Vader protecting her.
    Last edited by Caliane; 03-05-2015 at 05:27 PM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliane View Post
    Spoiler: 

HUUUUUGE spoilers if you haven't seen the series. seriously its like the cumulation of the entire show.

(theres an edit I can't find, where she flips them the bird as she leaves.)

She had 2 lightsabers. one "normal", and one "curved" for her normal backhand grip. Leaving the order does not make you forget force powers. they do not take away your sabre. or anything. even Dark Jedi are called Dark Jedi, or grey Jedi, grey Jedi, when neither are part of the Jedi order. So, she would still be called a Jedi. Having left the order is a sound reason for her to have lived, and not been hunted down and killed. but at the same time, could also just go with the excuse the small good part of Vader left, refused to hunt her down. Could be a plot point. Emperor sending assassins after her, Vader protecting her.
    Spoiler: 
    She's still got her lightsabers, you can see one on her left hip as shes descending the ladder before her face reveal. Also read something yesterday that they are going to have the blades be white (when they finally show them in upcoming seasons) to signify that she has no jedi/sith affiliation. kind of a cool idea if so.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Miguex View Post
    Spoiler: 
    She's still got her lightsabers, you can see one on her left hip as shes descending the ladder before her face reveal. Also read something yesterday that they are going to have the blades be white (when they finally show them in upcoming seasons) to signify that she has no jedi/sith affiliation. kind of a cool idea if so.
    Concept pic for that
    Spoiler: 

Last edited by Malakriss; 03-06-2015 at 12:39 AM.

Tuconots
    I hate the whole "holding a lightsaber backwards". Starkiller did it too and it was bleh.

Tuconots
    Wouldn't it make it easier to fight with two lightsabers without them getting crossed up on each other?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramddark View Post
    Wouldn't it make it easier to fight with two lightsabers without them getting crossed up on each other?
    Blocking laser bolts seems much harder. Forward facing with a smaller saber in the offhand maximizes defense in a magic sword fight.

But its make believe so whatever.

Tuconots
    Dual wielding swords in general is kindof stupid.
    a parrying knife in offhand is only reasonable method. Stabbing with short blade, while long blade is locked, or deflected by oppositions long blade.

Backhand is even more silly, as there is only two ways to strike with a sword held backwards. A slash, while spinning, or turning away. or, a downward stab/coup de grace on an already defenseless target.

Tuconots
    Sarah Michelle Gellar is joining the voice cast for season 2 and her role is already spoilered
    Spoiler: 
    http://starwarstime.com/2015/03/04/e...r-wars-rebels/
    Sarah Michelle Gellar will be voicing a new character based on Mara Jade named Aileen Zahn in honor of Timothy Zahn, Mara’s creator. She will be an Inquisitor but pretending to be a Rebel.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Malakriss View Post
    Sarah Michelle Gellar is joining the voice cast for season 2 and her role is already spoilered
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by radditsu View Post
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Her hubby already does the voice for Kanan.

FPJ SWR.jpg

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblio View Post
    Her hubby already does the voice for Kanan.

FPJ SWR.jpg

Freddy is busy. He did a much better job with the Iron Bull than kaanan.

It sucks because that avenue will be closed in the future If they ever decide to reboot the EU or even use it.

Tuconots
    They aren't going to reboot the EU. Everything Star Wars from this point on is pure canon. Meaning all comics/books/movies/and tv shows are all linked. That avenue has been closed forever once they laid out what was canon and what was legacy. This is the reason there were multiple SW projects shut down.. books were cancelled as well as the 2-3 video games that were in production.

Also loved that they brought back Ahsano, I kinda figured they would considering they didn't finish out her story with the final season of Clone Wars.

Thread Information