Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Chromecast - the new Google TV

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by gogusrl View Post
    I have 2 of those and a nvidia shield. They all work pretty well for streaming and live tv using the hdhomerun tuners. I did have to put the dev preview of android M on the nexus players for the hardware mpeg2 decoding though.

Tuconots
    Well, if you want to get a Nexus Player, Apple TV or Chromecast from Amazon, better do it soon.

Amazon, Gunning For Award, Will Be Banning Chromecast And Nexus Player Listings From Its US Store

Amazon says it's to avoid confusion because those don't do prime video, so what about the Chinese android sticks or Shield TV?

Tuconots
    Sounds like anticompetitive behavior to me

Tuconots
    ahh yes the classic excuse of "customer confusion". Nothing like saying Hey everyone we think you're fucking morons!

Tuconots
    Yea, that does sound a bit like lawsuit territory. Intel and Microsoft both got jammed up with similar practices, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by brekk View Post
    In all reality I take pride in peoples surprise that I have mod powers at all.

Tuconots
    Got a firetv stick, sideloaded the intercom app I needed, the client is happy.

Now I need something similar for myself as in cheap mediaplayer with hdmi and spdif out. Has to support plex/xbmc and stuff up to 20gb / movie.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Agraza View Post
    Yea, that does sound a bit like lawsuit territory. Intel and Microsoft both got jammed up with similar practices, no?
    It's not like you can't get them anywhere else though. I doubt this is lawsuit worthy, though I won't be surprised if someone tries.

I can only see this as a stupid move for Amazon. It won't increase sales of Fire TV/Stick, may cost them a little consumer goodwill, and will drive a little business to it's competitors.

Quote Originally Posted by gogusrl View Post
    Got a firetv stick, sideloaded the intercom app I needed, the client is happy.

Now I need something similar for myself as in cheap mediaplayer with hdmi and spdif out. Has to support plex/xbmc and stuff up to 20gb / movie.
    Roku 4 should be able to handle that according to recent leaks. No idea as to the price, but it's believed that it's being released soon.

Tuconots
    Got the new chromecast set up, this thing is working flawlessly. So much faster than using my ps3 or my fire tv stick. (even though the ps3 is wired, the OS is slow as shit)

Fire tv os isn't the greatest, haven't tried side loading it, but I definitely get some buffering on that playing netflix that I haven't seen on the new chromecast.

Tuconots
    I have an old Chromecast that I use occasionally. I use my phone to push shit from Netflix or Plex to my TV with it. My only problem is that my phone often loses connection with the thing. Whatever I'm playing doesn't stop, but if I ever need to pause something, it has to reconnect, and will sometimes lose its place while doing so.

Anyone have that issue? It happened with my OPO, and is happening with my Galaxy S6 as well. Both keep their WiFi on while sleeping.

Tuconots
    I regularly use my Note 3 and Nexus 9 tablet to control my Chromecast, and never have an issue with them losing connection/control. Not unless I specifically close my plex app on the device.(it runs fine in the background while doing other stuff on my phone/tablet)

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Pizoi View Post
    I have an old Chromecast that I use occasionally. I use my phone to push shit from Netflix or Plex to my TV with it. My only problem is that my phone often loses connection with the thing. Whatever I'm playing doesn't stop, but if I ever need to pause something, it has to reconnect, and will sometimes lose its place while doing so.

Anyone have that issue? It happened with my OPO, and is happening with my Galaxy S6 as well. Both keep their WiFi on while sleeping.
    Have had that problem for a while, but it really seems very random. Have also had issues recently with plex connectivity, but I'm having issues pinpointing whether it's my phone, the server, the plex app, my wireless, or the chromecast lol.

Tuconots
    Can only seem to get stereo on Hulu on my Chromecast(2) and my google-fu is failing me on this. Netflix is working in DD+ just fine. Any ideas?

Tuconots
    You can get $6 in playstore credit per chromecast device
    Chromecast and Android TV owners can get $6 in Play Store credit | Android Central

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Daezuel View Post
    Can only seem to get stereo on Hulu on my Chromecast(2) and my google-fu is failing me on this. Netflix is working in DD+ just fine. Any ideas?
    Hulu only streams in stereo sound, whether on Chromecast, the Hulu website via a web browser, or whatever. No clue why they don't upgrade their sound, but it's been 2-channel stereo only from Hulu for years now.

Tuconots
    New chromebit.

Tuconots
    I have an issue where Youtube playlists won't play continuously on chromecast. It'll play the first video then stop.

Anyone experience this?
    Tuco Says No

Tuconots
    Does it do that when using a different device to control the Chromecast? I have a feeling that is a control device issue, and not a Chromecast issue specifically

Tuconots
    Both my Android phone and computer have the same issue
    Tuco Says No

Tuconots
    Lately, my Chromecast has been awful for casting a video tab from my computer, and for casting Hulu.

The video tab cast had always been glitchy, but now it regularly freezes for 10-20 seconds while the video is still running smoothly on my computer, out the video cast freezes while the slobs is still running. In each case, the video continued running smoothly on my computer screen. Often, resetting the cast from my chrome tab will fix it, but sometimes my WiFi will shut off altogether for 30 seconds or so. Casting a chrome tab is the only time where i repeatedly see wifi failing in my house. Normal it's a solid 50 Mbps and almost never interrupts. Any ideas?

With Hulu, it will randomly just stop casting and display an error message. Usually I need to restart the Chromecast and Hulu app from my phone to get it to restart.