Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Chromecast - the new Google TV

Tuconets
    There is still SD because of old people

Tuconets
    Quote Originally Posted by Solariss View Post
    Just reading some of the SD/HD discussion got me to thinking. Why the fuck is there still standard definition? Shouldn't HD just be the standard at this point? Cable companies are real pieces of shit (yes, this is obvious). Do we really need to pay EXTRA for HD channels these days? That should be the norm... we're well past it technologically. You can broadcast free basic HD channels with a simple antenna, but we need a "special" box from Comcast and an extra monthly fee for HD. When are we going to advance from this era?

Fuck, and I came here to see if I should buy a Chromecast or Roku streaming stick. Any thoughts?
    You're assuming they'd bring HD down to SD price. They'd just eliminate the SD price and everyone would be paying extra.

Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken Chanur's Avatar
    In the Panhandle waiting for death by Tornado.
    Tuconets
    I cannot even get HD premium channels where I live and its not a tiny mom and pop cable company either.

Rendered duck fat magma Hekotat's Avatar
    Tuconets
    I know I'm late to the party, but I finally got one of these. Is everything in this thread still relevant? If it isn't what are the must haves/hacks/etc. for this device?
    Quote Originally Posted by Evernothing View Post
    Dwayne Hekotat Alozondo Mountain Dew Comacho
    Quote Originally Posted by Dabamf View Post
    She's done riding the dick train and you're the beta provider. Disregard your feelings; break up with her and die alone.
    Those are awesome dude! If you're over the age of 14: Crumple those up. Soak them in gasoline. Lay down. Light them on fire.

Tuconets
    Quote Originally Posted by Solariss View Post
    Just reading some of the SD/HD discussion got me to thinking. Why the fuck is there still standard definition? Shouldn't HD just be the standard at this point? Cable companies are real pieces of shit (yes, this is obvious). Do we really need to pay EXTRA for HD channels these days? That should be the norm... we're well past it technologically. You can broadcast free basic HD channels with a simple antenna, but we need a "special" box from Comcast and an extra monthly fee for HD. When are we going to advance from this era?

Fuck, and I came here to see if I should buy a Chromecast or Roku streaming stick. Any thoughts?
    To add to this even further, can you even buy a SD TV anymore? I dont see them around anymore for sale. Fuck you can get a 40"-45" 1080p TV for like $300 these days.
    The only places I see SD tvs anymore is in like cabins we rent out in the summer in northern Michigan.

Tuconets
    My grandmother still has a tube TV. Every time I go to her house it's like seeing someone use an abacus or something.

Tuconets
    I still have my 40" mitsubishi tube TV downstairs in the basement. It was like the biggest tube TV you could buy. But fuck if im gonna try to remove that monster, its like 400lbs.

Tuconets
    I just want to say, somewhere, that google's new logo is lame. Change is bad, mmmkay?
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    Why can't anyone just admit they fucked up?