Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Depression.

Tuconets
    Very interdasting.

Tuconets
    I fucking beat it.

Several months ago, I'd tried going to a gaming meet up. Just board games and people having fun at a local bar. But I had a panic attack and noped the fuck out. That's what made me realize I needed help. But I went back tonight and I had a ton of fucking fun.

I was still nervous at first. But I got into it. And I met some great people. I'm feeling fucking pumped.

Tuconets
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuriin View Post
    How does it make you sleep better? Are people blaming their computer screens for their fucked up circadian rhythms?
    As Dabamf says, your body reads blue light as sunrise and wants to stay awake.

Losing out on part of your sleep because of this may make the depression worse, it did for me.

Tuconets
    So I was right then.

Tuconets
    So the whole beach thing was bullshit - for whatever reason soon after asking if I wanted to go I was uninvited, and instead of telling me, he just didn't respond for a week and then made up crap about not being able to get off work ("we'll go mon or tues") or bad weather ("looks like it'll be good thurs/fri") and so on, all bullshit. Spent all week at work not knowing what things I needed to take care of because I didn't know when I'd be leaving. Put off calling a therapist because (convenient excuse) I'd be out of town. Realized how pathetic and bored I am when a week at the beach became a few days and then none. This is how I'm treated by my only friend.

Tuconets
    Jesus fucking christ, this is getting ridiculous. So most of the side effects of the Effexor have stopped.

Except the goddamned sweating. I will be fucking sitting there, and I'll start sweating.

I'll walk around the house, and I'll start sweating.

I look like Richard Nixon over here.

Tuconets
    Heh, sounds like the week I was on steroids. Hot flashes, wtf?

Tuconets
    What kinda 'roids bro? Get some Winstrol, that shit will make you feel TIGHT! TIGHT!

Tuconets
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeagle View Post
    What kinda 'roids bro? Get some Winstrol, that shit will make you feel TIGHT! TIGHT!

Tuconets
    Wrong type of roids but, uh, good to know.

Tuconets
    I did 1000mg of cortasteroids for 5 days. While I was doing it, it was great. I could have worked out in the field or shop for 10 hours a day for at least those 5 days. About 2-3 days after I finished I was pretty much hating life. Couldn't hardly move I was so sore, sore in places I literally never even felt before.

Tuconets
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    I fucking beat it.

Several months ago, I'd tried going to a gaming meet up. Just board games and people having fun at a local bar. But I had a panic attack and noped the fuck out. That's what made me realize I needed help. But I went back tonight and I had a ton of fucking fun.

I was still nervous at first. But I got into it. And I met some great people. I'm feeling fucking pumped.

I never have panic attakcs, but at age 43 I've planned my whole life around avoiding people in general. For 25 years I worked at home being self employed. For about 10 years of that I lived in a town of 112 people and the only person I saw on a regular basis was my landlord who would come out to the place and work in his shop (rural deal with lots of land and he had a shop out there). I shopped at walmart at night like 3am and in a small town there's not many people there.

I recently had to move to a city with about 800,000 people in the metro area for a new job that really paid more than I deserved. I guess the stress early on of finding a place to live while I was commuting 1-1/2 hours a day in the winter, sucked it was dark when I left for work and dark when I got home. Plus the normal stress of a new job and it was turnaround season meaning I was working at the office some weekends and some late hours.

Eventually I had a shingles outbreak which they say is due to stress. After that is was pretty downhill but really wasn't related to depression, but I damn near died.

Anyway never really looked at it as being depressed. To me the most anti depressing thing for me is to not be around other people. The Dr.s put me on anti depressants to combat the probleams I was having (like being told you have massive brain damage and will never walk again or use your left arm either - which was BS I'm expected to make a full recovery and now I'm about 98% back to normal) but I really couldn't take any they tried, all of them had side effects I couldn't put up with. The biggest one that several had was the feeling of being uptight. Kind of hard to explain but my shoulders would tense up and stay like that all day unless specifically tried to relax.

Anyway, so maybe I am depressed.
    Last edited by Borzak; Yesterday at 10:11 AM.