Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Depression.

Tuconets
    But if you don't do it at least once you're a cunt and all your stories suck. (Jim Jefferies)

Just look at your avatar. That was probably you, singing karaoke. Using lyrics to a song that doesn't exist.

And the bit about having something to talk about is so true. Because you can't talk about playing games to people. Even if you can, that shit is boring. I hate having conversations about games. Which seems odd, given my umpteen thousand posts on the subject.

Tuconets
    I remember trying to light something on fire. And the bartender was hot. And puking in their sink. But that's about it.

All their "regular" shots were like triples. I had 4 or 5. That didn't help.

And yeah, talking about games is so boring, to me. I mean, it's something to do on the internets, and with friends you know are interested, but beyond that you have to have some kind of interests outside of gaming. That's why I often hate talking to nerds, even though I'm a huge nerd myself.

Tuconets
    Fuck. Now I'm feeling conflicted. Maybe getting shitfaced for the first time in my life really was good for me.

I'd left my keys with the bartender because I knew going in how bad I wanted to get. After the bender was over, she called me a cab and I got home. Don't remember any of that though.

But I had to go back and get the keys today. I was feeling embarassed the entire way. But I walk in and get congratulated by the bartenders. And you know what? It felt easy to talk to them, after that night. And I was feeling better all day. A *lot* fucking better. Even better than when I first started taking my meds.

Maybe what I've needed all this time is to just embarass the shit out of myself unashamedly. Maybe I've just been too fucking wound up and had my head so far up my ass I could smell the breeze.

Maybe I need to take up drinking, professionally.

Puts the suffer in insufferable. Izo's Avatar
    Tuconets
    Man discovers alcohol. Alcohol good.

It's a shitty way to deal with depression though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
    Izo: Responding to self deprecating jokes with spiteful arguments since 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Soygen View Post
    Everything goes everywhere in everyone. It gets real messy.

Tuconets
    Oh, it's not for the depression. Not really. More for the social anxiety.

My whole life, I've been boring. I might have bent rules, here or there, but I never did anything exicting. Or unexpected. I was Bilbo fucking Baggins. Last night was Gandalf knocking on my door with a bottle of whiskey. The other night, for the first time, I said fuck-it-all and threw caution to the wind. I made an ass of myself in public and there were no lasting consequences. No one fucking cared. And that's what I've been afraid of my whole life. I've been so goddamned arrogant to think people do care. I always thought I would get shit if I stepped out of line. But all I got was a verbal high five from the hot bartender and my keys back.

One of the things fueling my depression is social anxiety and isolation, and one of the things fueling my social anxiety is my depression. I've been trying to go about this by fighting the depression first, but maybe I need to go the other way.