Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: Depression.

Tuconets
    Ugh... those depressive spirals are ugly. I'm sorry about that.

But the good news is, I was able to pull myself out of another spiral on my own for the first time. And stop another before it started. I know how to do it. I just need to practice now.

It kinda feels like a clean breeze. I'm cautiously optimistic. And even if I can't do it every time, I know what works now.

Tuconets
    Definitely be cautious, but yea, as I was (trying to at least) telling you during the spiral - a large part is training your brain to not dwell and such - something can suck, but be in the moment with it be a bit bummed then move onto something else - if you find yourself needing to dwell, focus on the positive - there's always small victories to focus on you just need to learn how to.
    I nitpick - sue me~

Tuconets
    This weekend sucked and my go-to coping mechanism seems to more and more often be going to sleep. I guess I'm fortunate that it is low on the list of self-destructive behaviors but it's still on the list, and is especially common for avoidants.

At least it's not keeping me from sleeping at night. Hell, sleeping has never been easier - anxiety used to make it difficult for me to go to sleep on any night where I had to be up a specific time the next day. Early classes, regular job schedule, any event at all that required an alarm = hello insomnia. I just didn't know why because I didn't fucking tell anyone.

So you know, two naps in the same day is still an improvement in a way.

Tuconets
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreugen View Post
    Hell, sleeping has never been easier - anxiety used to make it difficult for me to go to sleep on any night where I had to be up a specific time the next day. Early classes, regular job schedule, any event at all that required an alarm = hello insomnia. I just didn't know why because I didn't fucking tell anyone. .
    This sounds so much like me but I've honestly never really associated it with any kind of depression. My brain just won't turn off if there is an alarm coming. Maybe it's some form of anxiety. I don't necessary love work. I also don't hate it. But if it's a work night I'm laying there daydreaming until I pass out from pure exhaustion. I know that isn't healthy. Weekends? Shit. Out like a light for 8-9 hours.

Tuconets
    I've gone more than a week without a depressive spiral for the first time... in a long time. Since before I started getting treated. I'm not feeling good. But I guess I feel... balanced. I'm okay just being. Well, as okay as you could be working full time, going to school full time and getting almost no sleep most days.

Tuconets
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    I've gone more than a week without a depressive spiral for the first time... in a long time. Since before I started getting treated. I'm not feeling good. But I guess I feel... balanced. I'm okay just being. Well, as okay as you could be working full time, going to school full time and getting almost no sleep most days.
    I'd work on fixing the sleep if there's any hope that you can - but that's great to hear man - that first good week really was when I stopped being anxious of "I'm feeling good, but something bad has GOT to happen soon" style paranoia that wasn't helping - if my experience is indicative of how things are for most people - you're almost through the woods.

I'd say "Congrats" if I knew my results will typical, but since I don't know if they are, I'll just say it the way I did - I think you might well being on the part where what was an uphill climb starts to feel like a gentle glide to feeling normal. I'm not sure, so don't be devastated if I end up being wrong, but you're describing the turning point for me.
    I nitpick - sue me~

Tuconets
    The sleep will come next term. For now... just gotta deal.

The best I can describe it, is it feels right. I don't feel cured by any means. It's still there. But it just isn't the dominant voice in my head right now.