Page 174 of 174 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174
Results 17,301 to 17,333 of 17333

Thread: 2013 NFL Season

Tuconots
    SF linebackers and SEA DBs all defect to St Louis just to fuck with the universe.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreugen View Post
    SF linebackers and SEA DBs all defect to St Louis just to fuck with the universe.
    I was thinking this same thing. Take the Rams DLine, the Niners LBs and Seahawks DBs and destroy the NFL.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreugen View Post
    God I wish.

Tuconots
    Fisher would still find a way to go 8-8.

Tuconots
    This is too good not to be in the NFL thread as well.

In the Panhandle waiting for death by Tornado.
    Tuconots
    That is absolutely awesome.

Tuconots
    Apparently the NFL just released a new training video for officials of how NOT to officiate a football game.

The guy who made this video is full of shit calling the NFL "rigged", however, he does do a decent job of highlighting the impact of "minor" oversights and bad calls. Obviously in the end SF made critical mistakes that lost them the game.

Enjoy!

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by razzle View Post
    Apparently the NFL just released a new training video for officials of how NOT to officiate a football game.

The guy who made this video is full of shit calling the NFL "rigged", however, he does do a decent job of highlighting the impact of "minor" oversights and bad calls. Obviously in the end SF made critical mistakes that lost them the game.

Enjoy!
    The refereeing was atrocious and inconsistent all season. Most people in this thread agree. Stupid playcalling and dumb mistakes led to that loss, not the refs. However, they really need to look at allowing the Bowman play to be reviewable in the offseason. It's fucking retarded that if the play had occurred in the endzone, it's reviewable, but in the field of play...nope.

In the Panhandle waiting for death by Tornado.
    Tuconots
    The 49ers were a great team this year. Coming into the game I felt they were playing better but their quarterback really let them down that game. Any calls will be significant in a game with two teams that are so closely matched.

Tuconots
    Even before the NFC Championship, I was getting very disenchanted with the NFL product due to the officiating. Now I don't put all of the blame on the refs themselves, I think the rulebook has become very bloated and convoluted and they are being trained to make calls a certain way (e.g. a pinky brushes a QB's head it is 15 yards or any DB hits pretty much any WR running a crossing route every, 15 yards). But these calls are just having such a huge impact on the outcome of games that the officiating has become way too much a part of the game and it isn't enjoyable as a fan.

As far as reviews, I'm with Belichick on this one, just allow everything period to be reviewable. Coaches only get two challenges per game so it isn't like we will be slowing things down that much and then when a guy makes a clean hit but a ref is trained to throw a flag any time a head moves, we have a chance to get it right.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Chanur View Post
    The 49ers were a great team this year. Coming into the game I felt they were playing better but their quarterback really let them down that game. Any calls will be significant in a game with two teams that are so closely matched.
    They weren't so closely matched. Aside from the tinfoil hat bs of calling the NFL rigged, he's pretty spot on in what a dramatic effect the bad officiating had on the 49ers.

But just like in MMA, if you don't want to get fucked by the judges, don't let it go to a decision.
    Draegan is a faggoty piece of shit who sold the forum to mmorpg.com just to spite us. Register at the new site.

ReReRolled.org - A Gaming Community

Tuconots
    If Crabtree would have caught that pass I would have been trolling all my Seahawks friends "This is what you do when the refs are against you #winanyways"

As it stood, you can't turn the ball over 3 times in a half and expect to win, and the only finger pointing the Niners had any right to do was in the mirror. It's worth pointing out the refs were terrible but it isn't worth trying to blame that (or any) loss on the refs. Even the best refs, with the best replay rules and computers helping when and wherever possible are still not going to get everything 100% correct, nature of officiating.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinrad View Post
    But just like in MMA, if you don't want to get fucked by the judges, don't let it go to a decision.
    truth

easier said than done obviously

Tuconots

Enjoy!

hahaha that is one butt hurt 49ers fan. SEE THIS DELAY OF GAME? THATS WHY HE FUMBLED THE BALL.

Tuconots
    Yeah, NFL rigging it so the mighty fanbase of the Seachickens gets a Superbowl over the butthurt Niners and Broncos fans.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    hahaha that is one butt hurt 49ers fan. SEE THIS DELAY OF GAME? THATS WHY HE FUMBLED THE BALL.
    I believe his point was that without the error on the delay of game penalty, the 49ers would have run a completely different play. The kind where a fumble is not as likely. Joe Suck said the same thing.

Tuconots
    So, because there was a delay of game that probably shouldn't have been called, you can absolve the 49ers of any wrong doing on the subsequent play? Just don't fumble the ball. Blaming the refs for Kaepernick fumbling on the next play just kind of proves the point of butthurt.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    So, because there was a delay of game that probably shouldn't have been called, you can absolve the 49ers of any wrong doing on the subsequent play? Just don't fumble the ball. Blaming the refs for Kaepernick fumbling on the next play just kind of proves the point of butthurt.
    Still missing the point or maybe just trolling. The refs had nothing to do with Kaep fumbling the ball on the next play. The refs had everything to do with the 49ers having to run a completely different play. Without the call, it would have likely been a simple run play. Even with no conversion they would have had the option to punt.

Tuconots
    Here's the point. Stop crying.

Tuconots
    We should just rickshaw all niner fans for another month while their butthurt heals.

Tuconots
    Hay guys is this thread called 2013 NFL Season?

Tuconots
    Hay guys is this thread called 2013 NFL Season?
    And here I was thinking we were discussing the 2013 NFL season.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by opiate82 View Post
    As far as reviews, I'm with Belichick on this one, just allow everything period to be reviewable. Coaches only get two challenges per game so it isn't like we will be slowing things down that much and then when a guy makes a clean hit but a ref is trained to throw a flag any time a head moves, we have a chance to get it right.
    When he says everything is he referring to non-calls too? I.e. ref misses critical holding penalty. That could be a disaster.

Tuconots
    When he says everything is he referring to non-calls too? I.e. ref misses critical holding penalty. That could be a disaster.
    I'm fine with every single little thing being up for a challenge. Still a limited number of challenges per game, and the penalty for a failed challenge is pretty steep.
    Draegan is a faggoty piece of shit who sold the forum to mmorpg.com just to spite us. Register at the new site.

ReReRolled.org - A Gaming Community

Tuconots
    Why would it be a disaster? The idea is to get the calls right, isn't it? A coach should be able to challenge anything an official has gotten wrong, you're still only talking about 3 challenges max per team.

Tuconots
    I agree it sounds great.

The only issue that comes to mind is the coach that hangs on to challenges for big plays against. I picture a late potential game winning kickoff return for a TD. The potential losing team has a room of analysts reviewing the play for any missed calls. They find a shitty hold on the other side of the field and get the play overturned.

When your team has a big play you are now not only looking for flags, you are scouring the field for potential challenges by the opposition. Doesn't sit well.

Quote Originally Posted by Uber Uberest View Post
    Why would it be a disaster? The idea is to get the calls right, isn't it? A coach should be able to challenge anything an official has gotten wrong, you're still only talking about 3 challenges max per team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinrad View Post
    I'm fine with every single little thing being up for a challenge. Still a limited number of challenges per game, and the penalty for a failed challenge is pretty steep.

Tuconots
    You can already challenge some uncalled penalties. Harbaugh did it earlier this year when the refs didn't catch that the defense had 12 men on the field. Harbaugh challenged and won.

Tuconots
    Your team sucks. Not Alex's team. YOUR team.

Your coach sucks, your QB sucks, your Momma sucks.

Tuconots
    My browser sucks. Anyone else having trouble with this board only on Chrome?

Tuconots
    Nope

Tuconots
    stop using this fucking thread

Tuconots
    Shut the fuck up you scrawny faggot.

Tuconots
    I agree it sounds great.

The only issue that comes to mind is the coach that hangs on to challenges for big plays against. I picture a late potential game winning kickoff return for a TD. The potential losing team has a room of analysts reviewing the play for any missed calls. They find a shitty hold on the other side of the field and get the play overturned.

When your team has a big play you are now not only looking for flags, you are scouring the field for potential challenges by the opposition. Doesn't sit well.
    Scoring plays are already reviewed automatically, and you can't challenge under 2 min so I don't see how a coach holding onto challenges for big scores at the end of a game makes any sense at all.

You could also coach your team not to commit shitty holds on the opposite side of the field.

Thread Information