Page 867 of 867 FirstFirst ... 367767817857865866867
Results 17,321 to 17,333 of 17333

Thread: 2013 NFL Season

Tuconets
    Hay guys is this thread called 2013 NFL Season?

Tuconets
    Quote Originally Posted by razzle View Post
    Hay guys is this thread called 2013 NFL Season?
    And here I was thinking we were discussing the 2013 NFL season.

Tuconets
    Quote Originally Posted by opiate82 View Post
    As far as reviews, I'm with Belichick on this one, just allow everything period to be reviewable. Coaches only get two challenges per game so it isn't like we will be slowing things down that much and then when a guy makes a clean hit but a ref is trained to throw a flag any time a head moves, we have a chance to get it right.
    When he says everything is he referring to non-calls too? I.e. ref misses critical holding penalty. That could be a disaster.

Tuconets
    When he says everything is he referring to non-calls too? I.e. ref misses critical holding penalty. That could be a disaster.
    I'm fine with every single little thing being up for a challenge. Still a limited number of challenges per game, and the penalty for a failed challenge is pretty steep.
    Quote Originally Posted by suineg View Post
    I like that in EVE Online there are more losses in one day than Brad can raise for his MMO in a week.

Tuconets
    Why would it be a disaster? The idea is to get the calls right, isn't it? A coach should be able to challenge anything an official has gotten wrong, you're still only talking about 3 challenges max per team.

Tuconets
    I agree it sounds great.

The only issue that comes to mind is the coach that hangs on to challenges for big plays against. I picture a late potential game winning kickoff return for a TD. The potential losing team has a room of analysts reviewing the play for any missed calls. They find a shitty hold on the other side of the field and get the play overturned.

When your team has a big play you are now not only looking for flags, you are scouring the field for potential challenges by the opposition. Doesn't sit well.

Quote Originally Posted by Uber Uberest View Post
    Why would it be a disaster? The idea is to get the calls right, isn't it? A coach should be able to challenge anything an official has gotten wrong, you're still only talking about 3 challenges max per team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinrad View Post
    I'm fine with every single little thing being up for a challenge. Still a limited number of challenges per game, and the penalty for a failed challenge is pretty steep.

Tuconets
    You can already challenge some uncalled penalties. Harbaugh did it earlier this year when the refs didn't catch that the defense had 12 men on the field. Harbaugh challenged and won.

Tuconets
    Your team sucks. Not Alex's team. YOUR team.

Your coach sucks, your QB sucks, your Momma sucks.

Tuconets
    My browser sucks. Anyone else having trouble with this board only on Chrome?

Tuconets
    Nope

Tuconets
    stop using this fucking thread

Tuconets
    Shut the fuck up you scrawny faggot.

Tuconets
    I agree it sounds great.

The only issue that comes to mind is the coach that hangs on to challenges for big plays against. I picture a late potential game winning kickoff return for a TD. The potential losing team has a room of analysts reviewing the play for any missed calls. They find a shitty hold on the other side of the field and get the play overturned.

When your team has a big play you are now not only looking for flags, you are scouring the field for potential challenges by the opposition. Doesn't sit well.
    Scoring plays are already reviewed automatically, and you can't challenge under 2 min so I don't see how a coach holding onto challenges for big scores at the end of a game makes any sense at all.

You could also coach your team not to commit shitty holds on the opposite side of the field.