Page 59 of 79 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,900 of 7892

Thread: Justice for Zimmerman

  1. #5801
    Low Information Janitor chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,413
    Tuconots
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreugen View Post
    Do you know who thinks a tall black male wearing a hoodie at night looks suspicious?

    Everyone.

    It's only wrong if a 'white' person is doing the profiling, and a giant FUCK THAT to that load of bullshit. Black people don't trust other black people, but it's wrong when a white person does it? Fuck you.


    Being black isn't even necessarily part of it. ANYONE walking around at night in a hoodie looks suspicious. All these articles saying we should look past what people look like can get fucked.

    And if I was black I would like to think I would have pretty thick skin about this stuff, but comparing being born black to being born mentally disabled would probably piss me off.

  2. #5802
    Registered User khalid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,536
    Tuconots
    31
    I was always taught by my mother never to judge people by the color of their skin or the way they talked. I thought I had internalized that when growing up. Yet I remember my first interaction with my friend Clarke, a black guy I met in the Navy. He walked up to me sitting in front of a chessboard and started immediately talking shit in thug speech. I instantly assumed he was an uncultured thug and then proceeded to lose horribly to him in a game. It was clear after we became friends that I was a much better chess player than him, but boy did my prejudices get in the way during our first meeting.

    Now obviously my story is more about my own inherent racism than anyone else's. I grew up in a high school with exactly one black guy, who was 3 years younger than me. Yet I do think we should stop to consider our reaction. That doesn't mean we should dismiss any negative feelings we have toward things like the thug culture, or silly shit you hear like "Marrying is a white thing" or "Ebonics should be taught in schools". However, I do think stopping to consider perhaps your own innate prejudices from time to time is a good thing.

  3. #5803
    Registered Dorf Kreugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,842
    Tuconots
    46
    OJ, Jena 6, Zimmerman... if you only get angry when a white person is involved, who is the fucking racist?

  4. #5804
    ジョーディースレイヤー Tanoomba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,488
    Tuconots
    -51
    Quote Originally Posted by Cad View Post
    You're skipping the motivation part. Why do we give a fuck? I don't hate black people, but I honestly don't give a fuck about them as a group any more than I give a fuck about white gay long-winded cornholing fucking assholes like you as a group. Why am I invested in black culture's success? I'm not. They need to start acting in their own self-interest, and that *should* be integrating with mainstream US culture and becoming part of it. Thats how they'll be included. Instead, they do everything they can not to be like "whitey." Meanwhile they complain whitey doesn't include them.
    I addressed this. We should give a fuck because we share this society. The actions of some people affect everybody. Of course black people need to act in their own self-interest. The least we can do is make it easier for them by accepting and welcoming them as equals. Heck, I don't even like talking about "black culture" because it perpetuates a division. I like the Morgan Freeman approach of not focusing on our differences and accepting each individual on their own merits. Most of you would probably claim this is exactly what you do, but the racist comments (and even the racist jokes) keep this "us and them" mentality alive and well. Aren't we all in this together? Doesn't humanity as a whole benefit from us cooperating with each other to the greatest extent possible?

  5. #5805
    Low Information Janitor chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,413
    Tuconots
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by khalid View Post
    I was always taught by my mother never to judge people by the color of their skin or the way they talked. I thought I had internalized that when growing up. Yet I remember my first interaction with my friend Clarke, a black guy I met in the Navy. He walked up to me sitting in front of a chessboard and started immediately talking shit in thug speech. I instantly assumed he was an uncultured thug and then proceeded to lose horribly to him in a game. It was clear after we became friends that I was a much better chess player than him, but boy did my prejudices get in the way during our first meeting.

    Now obviously my story is more about my own inherent racism than anyone else's. I grew up in a high school with exactly one black guy, who was 3 years younger than me. Yet I do think we should stop to consider our reaction. That doesn't mean we should dismiss any negative feelings we have toward things like the thug culture, or silly shit you hear like "Marrying is a white thing" or "Ebonics should be taught in schools". However, I do think stopping to consider perhaps your own innate prejudices from time to time is a good thing.
    That is reasonable, to evaluate yourself. But that goes beyond just race, people make judgements based on all kinds of shit that they shouldn't. I think there is a huge gulf between what you are saying here and what Tanoomba is saying, though.

  6. #5806
    ジョーディースレイヤー Tanoomba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,488
    Tuconots
    -51
    Quote Originally Posted by Cad View Post
    I'd tell him maybe soccer isn't his game, and lets go play some Parcheesi. What do you want to do, rig the soccer game so all the retards can play and have fun? Thats fucking ridiculous.
    The point was your son's life would be a lot better if people weren't assholes. Being an asshole to disadvantaged people is something we have personal control over, and if you choose to be an asshole anyway then you're part of the problem.

  7. #5807
    \o/ \o/ \o/ Muurloen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,097
    Tuconots
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanoomba View Post
    Heck, I don't even like talking about "black culture" because it perpetuates a division. I like the Morgan Freeman approach of not focusing on our differences and accepting each individual on their own merits.
    You mean Martin Luther King.

  8. #5808
    ジョーディースレイヤー Tanoomba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,488
    Tuconots
    -51
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    That is reasonable, to evaluate yourself. But that goes beyond just race, people make judgements based on all kinds of shit that they shouldn't. I think there is a huge gulf between what you are saying here and what Tanoomba is saying, though.
    Really? What's the difference?

  9. #5809
    Registered User xadion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,983
    Tuconots
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by hodj View Post
    African Americans are not dumber than whites. They aren't genetically inferior. They can live up to our expectations. They can have higher expectations of themselves. Its not racist to say that and believe that. Its the exact opposite of racism. Expecting minorities to conform to American standards is not racism. To expect them to come here and never be able to live up to our standards...that's racism. That's a presumption that they are incapable of doing so. They aren't.
    This is a problem I have being involved a lot with the education system in America. There have been countless studies and millions of dollars spent trying to explain why one ethnic group performs poorly in one subject or another- its usually Blacks and Hispanics - they spend loads of money and tons of tax money (grants) trying to see why we are not teaching them correctly, or what can be done to fix this problem?! Why can we accept that black people have big dicks and are great at sports more so than whites? Why is that okay but we cant accept that Asians are good at math and blacks are not- all of this generalized. Everyone is different and so are races, each race grew and adapted to suit their needs etc etc. Asians in general are smaller of frame than whites and blacks- if their culture did not evolve certain non physical advantages they would have been plundered and destroyed centuries ago.

    To say only the positives of a race are able to be accepted but not negatives is just ignorant imo. In this our education system needs flexibility in its advancement systems to put not ruin the educational career of people just because they are not that great at one thing or another but more apt to something else. To say fuck you, you cant do long division in your head you are worthless- while you can read and extrapolate information, plot etc from books beyond your "age range" but your stupid- is indeed stupid.

    I will say that not many share my thoughts on this, and that's fine, many may see this and be affronted and I am sorry about that.

  10. #5810
    scientia potentia est Cad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Highland Park
    Posts
    9,788
    Tuconots
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanoomba View Post
    The point was your son's life would be a lot better if people weren't assholes. Being an asshole to disadvantaged people is something we have personal control over, and if you choose to be an asshole anyway then you're part of the problem.
    Life would be different if the sky weren't blue and water wasn't wet too. People are fucking assholes. Wishing it wasn't so won't change anything. Fucking hippie.

  11. #5811
    ジョーディースレイヤー Tanoomba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,488
    Tuconots
    -51
    Quote Originally Posted by Muurloen View Post
    You mean Martin Luther King.


    I like my wisdom in bite-sized nuggets delivered by the voice of God.

  12. #5812
    Vox Hipstler hodj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18,493
    Tuconots
    47
    I'm definitely not saying marriage is a whites only thing, by the way.

    In fact, anecdotal evidence, little cute South Korean girl I knew back in our teens, her parents were divorced, her dad had a great job making bank in New York, the mother held a job and had a nice home (way nicer than mine) in one of the bigger, more affluent subdivisions in the city. That girl ended up dropping out of school right before she would have graduated, turning into a stripper and then was dead by 23 of a drug overdose.

    The absence of stability provided by a two parent household is really the key. Kids need stability to grow up stable. If you remove that, by taking the father away and leaving the mother to raise several children by herself when she has no education and no real income outside of a retail or other mediocre, dead end job position, you're going to have instability. This is going to affect the children. They're going to grow up latchkey. They're going to grow up angry at the unfairness of their plight and situation in the world. They're going to lash out because of it. Male, female, black, white, hispanic, asian, it doesn't matter.

    Its not a racial thing. Its a social and cultural thing.

  13. #5813
    Low Information Janitor chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,413
    Tuconots
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanoomba View Post
    Really? What's the difference?
    There is a huge difference between saying "you should ensure your judgments are based on sound shit" and saying "we all have a responsibility for reforming black culture."

  14. #5814
    ジョーディースレイヤー Tanoomba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,488
    Tuconots
    -51
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    This is a problem I have being involved a lot with the education system in America. There have been countless studies and millions of dollars spent trying to explain why one ethnic group performs poorly in one subject or another- its usually Blacks and Hispanics - they spend loads of money and tons of tax money (grants) trying to see why we are not teaching them correctly, or what can be done to fix this problem?! Why can we accept that black people have big dicks and are great at sports more so than whites? Why is that okay but we cant accept that Asians are good at math and blacks are not- all of this generalized. Everyone is different and so are races, each race grew and adapted to suit their needs etc etc. Asians in general are smaller of frame than whites and blacks- if their culture did not evolve certain non physical advantages they would have been plundered and destroyed centuries ago.

    To say only the positives of a race are able to be accepted but not negatives is just ignorant imo. In this our education system needs flexibility in its advancement systems to put not ruin the educational career of people just because they are not that great at one thing or another but more apt to something else. To say fuck you, you cant do long division in your head you are worthless- while you can read and extrapolate information, plot etc from books beyond your "age range" but your stupid- is indeed stupid.

    I will say that not many share my thoughts on this, and that's fine, many may see this and be affronted and I am sorry about that.
    You know what the single biggest factor determining success in school is? Family income. I had to take a "Diversity in the classroom" course and when that bit of information was presented, I was pretty frustrated. Why the fuck are you drilling into me that I have to respect the individual cultural backgrounds of each of my multicultural students in order to help them reach their potential when the ones who are going to have the most trouble will be doing so because their family is poor? Guess who's responsible for the increasing number of poor families and for the gradual elimination of the middle class?

  15. #5815
    ジョーディースレイヤー Tanoomba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,488
    Tuconots
    -51
    Quote Originally Posted by Cad View Post
    Life would be different if the sky weren't blue and water wasn't wet too. People are fucking assholes. Wishing it wasn't so won't change anything. Fucking hippie.
    We have no control over sky color and water wetness. We do have control over whether or not to be an asshole. Your argument is invalid.

  16. #5816
    \o/ \o/ \o/ Muurloen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    2,097
    Tuconots
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanoomba View Post


    I like my wisdom in bite-sized nuggets delivered by the voice of God.


    ^much better

  17. #5817
    scientia potentia est Cad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Highland Park
    Posts
    9,788
    Tuconots
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanoomba View Post
    We have no control over sky color and water wetness. We do have control over whether or not to be an asshole. Your argument is invalid.
    Oh really? You have control over it? How's telling people not to be assholes working out for you?

  18. #5818
    Registered Dorf Kreugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,842
    Tuconots
    46
    Tanooba, that's a nice sentiment and all about accepting as equals and all that stuff but blacks seem to collectively swing wildly in the opposite direction of that mindset. Black culture, black this, black that. It's ALL about race for them. So of fucking course we treat them that way. Black college, black fraternities, black bike week, black history month, "African-American", and so on. They divide themselves, so how is this anyone elses fault?

  19. #5819
    ジョーディースレイヤー Tanoomba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,488
    Tuconots
    -51
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    There is a huge difference between saying "you should ensure your judgments are based on sound shit" and saying "we all have a responsibility for reforming black culture."
    Really? I'm not seeing it. Sounds like two sides of the same coin to me.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cad View Post
    Oh really? You have control over it? How's telling people not to be assholes working out for you?
    You remind me of my friend who gets annoyed when I complain about his littering. "It's just a fucking wrapper. Look how much shit is already on the ground. This doesn't make a difference." Everybody who assumes their own shitty behavior is justified because of the existing popularity of said shitty behavior is both an asshole and an idiot.

  20. #5820
    devil's advocate fanaskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    12,529
    Tuconots
    22
    Yeah tanoomba what i'm trying to say is the liberal attitude is what is catalyzing the worsening of the black situation, it's those attitudes your trying to preach that sound great but are actually harmful, not saying nothing is needed but saying that the current liberal approach is actively harming the black community, and it's causing a racial divide but it's totally off putting ideology to the one group that are most likely to help black people, white people.

    the ideology is based on appeals to emotion but the reality of how they play out don't help black people, the liberal ideology on this subject is literally like this

    killed via love sign.jpg
    killed via love.jpg
    Last edited by fanaskin; 07-24-2013 at 03:06 PM.

  21. #5821
    Vox Hipstler hodj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18,493
    Tuconots
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    This is a problem I have being involved a lot with the education system in America. There have been countless studies and millions of dollars spent trying to explain why one ethnic group performs poorly in one subject or another- its usually Blacks and Hispanics - they spend loads of money and tons of tax money (grants) trying to see why we are not teaching them correctly, or what can be done to fix this problem?! Why can we accept that black people have big dicks and are great at sports more so than whites? Why is that okay but we cant accept that Asians are good at math and blacks are not- all of this generalized. Everyone is different and so are races, each race grew and adapted to suit their needs etc etc. Asians in general are smaller of frame than whites and blacks- if their culture did not evolve certain non physical advantages they would have been plundered and destroyed centuries ago.

    To say only the positives of a race are able to be accepted but not negatives is just ignorant imo. In this our education system needs flexibility in its advancement systems to put not ruin the educational career of people just because they are not that great at one thing or another but more apt to something else. To say fuck you, you cant do long division in your head you are worthless- while you can read and extrapolate information, plot etc from books beyond your "age range" but your stupid- is indeed stupid.

    I will say that not many share my thoughts on this, and that's fine, many may see this and be affronted and I am sorry about that.
    Its complex and involves gene flow and the distribution of alleles across distinct populations versus within distinct populations. Basically, there is more variation within a population than between, and no metric, or stereotype if you will, which could be used to define a distinct population based solely on their phenotypic expression is able to be applied equally to all members within that population. So for instance, with dog breeds, you know a rottweiler looks like a rottweilier, meaning it bears the standard markings a rottweilier would bear, its within the size range for a rottweilier, its pedigree states that it is such, etc. None of this exists for humans. Within a population of any particular group, you will find elites who are smarter, you will find plebes who are less intelligent. Blacks in Africa do have complex cultures but the climate variations made it difficult for them (as well as Native Americans) to successfully build large cities which could be supported through agriculture and the like. Asians are smaller generally due to lower nutrition because rice lacked (until golden rice) key nutrients required for growth, such as Vitamin D. Further, Asian countries were actually plundered and looted as soon as it became viable for someone to do so. China, Korea and others had a geographic advantage in the Himilayas/Hindu Kush Mountain ranges and the Gobi Desert, both features which helped separate most of Asia proper from the West, just as the Atlantic kept the Native Americans free of outside influence, until technological barriers to travel over long distances were resolved.

    Political correctness necessitates that positive stereotypes are acceptable fodder for comedy (big black dicks and great at sports would be an example of that, anyone who watches enough porn knows there's plenty of white dudes with retarded big dicks too for instance, and there's been plenty of white super athletes over the years, such as Larry Bird).

    Mostly the reason why blacks and hispanics underperform is because there is zip, zero, nada influence or involvement by the parents at home in their educations, for all sorts of reasons. In the case of hispanics who are the children of 1st generation immigrants, often the parents can't speak English and don't have any education of their own to speak of, and in the case of African Americans, its because they've been taught that getting a decent education is basically "Being white".

    It really has little to nothing to do, overall, with genome. The contribution to intelligence that specific genes provide has been tagged at a very low percentile, something like 2%. Intelligence is more about how someone is raised than just flat natural talent as a result of luck by the combination of genes which contribute to intellect. For instance, Einstein's brain has been examined, and its been shown that the region of his brain which allowed for things like spatial cognition and mathematical computation was larger than the average person's. This is not because of some mutation in his genome that led to that portion of his brain being more developed. Its because he was USING that part of his brain constantly during formative years, slowly gearing it towards a specific purpose. Same thing with people who speak many languages. The portion of the brain which allows for speak recognition and the like is larger from constant utilization.

    Yes, genome plays some small part, but the idea that biology is destiny is flawed, profoundly. Biology interacts with environment and culture to create an end product, an individual.

    added: Also, a distinction has to be made between the heritability of genes which potentially influence intelligence, and the actual degree to which any one or a combination of those genes influences intellect.

    Genes give you a range of potential from low to high, but the degree to which you achieve that potential is implicit on a number of other factors. Another example of this is height. Stature is highly heritable, yet when people from very poor countries or areas with low nutrition move to somewhere where nutrition is much higher, the subsequent generations of children they have, provided they have access to the better nutrition available in the new area, grow taller than their parents, and the taller still than their grandparents. Genes give a range, but environment and culture determine where you finally land in that range.
    Last edited by hodj; 07-24-2013 at 03:11 PM.

  22. #5822
    Low Information Janitor chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,413
    Tuconots
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanoomba View Post
    Really? I'm not seeing it. Sounds like two sides of the same coin to me.


    Sounds like you are full of shit. My judgement or lack of judgement doesn't impact black culture, or white culture, or whatever. The people directly involved in that culture, whichever one it is, bear the responsibility for reforming it. A fairy doesn't get its wings if I don't happen to be a racist today

  23. #5823
    scientia potentia est Cad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Highland Park
    Posts
    9,788
    Tuconots
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanoomba View Post
    You remind me of my friend who gets annoyed when I complain about his littering. "It's just a fucking wrapper. Look how much shit is already on the ground. This doesn't make a difference." Everybody who assumes their own shitty behavior is justified because of the existing popularity of said shitty behavior is both an asshole and an idiot.
    Except I don't litter and I'm not racist. I'm just not feeling guilty for being me. Sorry if thats "shitty behavior."

  24. #5824
    ジョーディースレイヤー Tanoomba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,488
    Tuconots
    -51
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    Sounds like you are full of shit. My judgement or lack of judgement doesn't impact black culture, or white culture, or whatever. The people directly involved in that culture, whichever one it is, bear the responsibility for reforming it. A fairy doesn't get its wings if I don't happen to be a racist today
    Individually, your judgment doesn't impact black culture. Collectively, it absolutely does. How can it not?


    Quote Originally Posted by Cad View Post
    Except I don't litter and I'm not racist. I'm just not feeling guilty for being me. Sorry if thats "shitty behavior."
    I didn't say you were a racist, I said you were an asshole. Your defense seems to be "People are assholes. So what?". The fact that assholes justify their assholism by saying that other people are assholes too is ignorant.

  25. #5825
    Low Information Janitor chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,413
    Tuconots
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanoomba View Post
    Individually, your judgment doesn't impact black culture. Collectively, it absolutely does. How can it not?


    Provide a specific example of how my judgement, in the context we are talking here, impacts black culture. For example, let's take what khalid posted. He pre-judged a black kid in the Navy who talked like a thug and assumed he couldn't play chess. Explain how this sort of judgement holds back black people as a whole.

  26. #5826
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,566
    Tuconots
    4
    It's the racist butterfly effect, if I make 15 racist jokes, someone somewhere turns racist.

  27. #5827
    devil's advocate fanaskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    12,529
    Tuconots
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanoomba View Post
    Individually, your judgment doesn't impact black culture. Collectively, it absolutely does. How can it not?
    You're assuming that black people can't actively be shooting themselves in the foot AT THE SAME TIME they are being economically and socially segregated.

    it's like the mature view on democracy, many countries on this planet aren't ready for democracy, they don't have the proper education and mindsets for a democracy to successfully work and not degenerate into fascism like what was happening in Egypt, this has nothing to do with capabilities of the brain or genes of these people it's just the effect of lack of a conducive culture and education that would support such a thing. until you change that changing any perceived "white privilege" is a futile exercise because black people do it to themselves ON TOP of the disadvantages they have.

    they are really assaulted on all sides from outside and within.

  28. #5828
    Zombie 4 (Un)Life ZombieWizardhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,060
    Tuconots
    -30
    Wait, wait... Tanoomba cries when his "friends" litter? Hahahaha....










    hahaha....







    haha.

  29. #5829
    Iannis didn't do anything ZyyzYzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    5,710
    Tuconots
    29
    Jesus titty fucking Christ. Tanoomba is the most delusional hipster barista in the world. It is not one specific culture's responsibility to respect another culture especially if it detrimental to a society as a whole. Some cultures are just plain inferior, and invoking political correctness as to not offend people of an inferior culture is just further detriment to said society. To the contrary, to better society it would be easier and best to do everything to end that culture. I'm not saying go Hitler and invest in pizza ovens, but rather use positives to end it. Trying to appease everyone doesnt work, and at some point pragmatism needs to prevail.

    I'm sorry, but if your black, white, Asian or whatever and think embracing and being a part of a culture that "values" drug dealing, thug life or anything if that sorts, I view you as a drain on society and detract from what I contribute to it.

  30. #5830
    scientia potentia est Cad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Highland Park
    Posts
    9,788
    Tuconots
    49
    Its obvious from his posts that he's a teacher. Explains the long-winded bullshit ultra-liberal can't-we-all-be-friends nonstop fucking crap. We're not your students you fucking lackey, you're not educating us. When you decide to venture out into the real world, you'll realize we're educating you on this thing we like to call "reality". Your salon.com vision of the world doesn't work out here in reality-land.

  31. #5831
    devil's advocate fanaskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    12,529
    Tuconots
    22
    Another way to say it is, never in human history have all cultures been equally good at everything.
    Last edited by fanaskin; 07-24-2013 at 03:35 PM.

  32. #5832
    Iannis didn't do anything ZyyzYzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    5,710
    Tuconots
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Cad View Post
    Its obvious from his posts that he's a teacher. Explains the long-winded bullshit ultra-liberal can't-we-all-be-friends nonstop fucking crap. We're not your students you fucking lackey, you're not educating us. When you decide to venture out into the real world, you'll realize we're educating you on this thing we like to call "reality". Your salon.com vision of the world doesn't work out here in reality-land.
    When a black kid does something wrong in his class like pick on a kid thats white, Tanoomba punishes the white kid for his white privilege.

  33. #5833
    Registered Dorf Kreugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,842
    Tuconots
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by ZyyzYzzy View Post
    When a black kid does something wrong in his class like pick on a kid thats white, Tanoomba punishes the white kid for his white privilege.
    And 85% of blacks polled by ABC would agree with the decision. And 35% of the whites.

  34. #5834
    HE A GOOD BOY Iannis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Jack's Wasted Life
    Posts
    15,187
    Tuconots
    67
    Being stuck in a room with a black kid isn't punishment enough?

  35. #5835
    Registered User khalid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,536
    Tuconots
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    For example, let's take what khalid posted.
    Hey jerkface, lets not turn this thread into an examination of my racism lol.

  36. #5836
    Vox Hipstler hodj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18,493
    Tuconots
    47
    Where the logic of collective guilt for past cultural crimes leads, inevitably.
    2l5q1e.jpg
    55jjhe.jpg
    untitled.jpg

    http://www.lifelineexpedition.co.uk/content/view/36/84/

    "We today don't need to feel guilty, We just need to feel SORRY.'

    - Jacob Lienau, 13, of the Lifeline Expedition, on right
    Why SHOULD we feel sorry, or guilty? Where are the people demanding Italians feel sorry for enslaving Celts and Arabs and Jews? Where are the demands that Egypt apologize to the hyksos who built the pyramids for them at the tip of a whip?

    Why, if we can feel collective guilt, for crimes that happened 150 years ago, can't someone be forced to feel collective guilt for crimes that happened 1000 years ago? Or 2000? Or 10000? The entire concept is couched in a nonsensical cutting off point where any crime, any slavery, any act of oppression from over 500 years ago, or against Europeans, is perfectly acceptable, but anything after that cut off point we're eternally to bear the debt and shame of. If 150 years, why not 5000?

    I want my reparations for my 300 times removed great grandfather who was forced to fight in the gladiatorial pits because he couldn't pay his debts to Ceaser. What? I can't prove I had a 300 times removed great grandfather who was forced to fight in the gladiatorial pits? Why are you so racist? Why don't you check your privilege?
    Last edited by hodj; 07-24-2013 at 03:29 PM.

  37. #5837
    Registered User Haast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,432
    Tuconots
    45
    A "survey" posted about the case. I would call it more of an educational tool about the incredible media and political bias shown throughout this case. Most of it is stuff covered in this thread.

    It starts by asking your opinion on the verdict, then shows about 50 "questions" worth of evidence in Zimmerman's favor (with citations) conveniently not published by main stream media outlets.
    Last edited by Haast; 07-24-2013 at 03:28 PM.

  38. #5838
    "AH HA HA HA HA HA" Barraco Bisi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18,230
    Tuconots
    246
    Tanoomba likes black guys.

    A LOT

    It's kinda creepy.

  39. #5839
    Registered User khalid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,536
    Tuconots
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Cad View Post
    Its obvious from his posts that he's a teacher.
    Hey asshole, not all teachers are the same. Oh shit, wait, I am mostly agreeing with Tanoomba... Damn you stereotypes!!

  40. #5840
    Iannis didn't do anything ZyyzYzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    5,710
    Tuconots
    29
    Only faggots cry about advantages. Real people use those advantages and create better advantages (opportunities) for their children. Ergo tanoomba is a faggot and is raping his children's future.

  41. #5841
    Registered User khalid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,536
    Tuconots
    31
    Holy shit at that Lifeline Expedition pictures. I didn't know that shit existed, I assumed it was a parody.

    http://www.lifelineexpedition.co.uk/content/view/24/66/

  42. #5842
    HE A GOOD BOY Iannis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Jack's Wasted Life
    Posts
    15,187
    Tuconots
    67
    man... those 2 black guys at the front of the line have got to be saying, "Can you BELIEVE these dumbass white people? SERIOUSLY?"

    Be warned. You will never out-crazy us.

  43. #5843
    "AH HA HA HA HA HA" Barraco Bisi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18,230
    Tuconots
    246
    That shit's cray.

    Tanoomba, when are you going to go to white slave camp? Did you get in before registration closed?

  44. #5844
    Iannis didn't do anything ZyyzYzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    5,710
    Tuconots
    29
    Does it start with a boat ride?

  45. #5845
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,566
    Tuconots
    4
    Holy hell I just looked that shit up too. Some cunt apologized for Sir John Hawkins, I'm a lineal decendant of him. Fucking hell.
    Last edited by Jais; 07-24-2013 at 03:37 PM.

  46. #5846
    ジョーディースレイヤー Tanoomba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,488
    Tuconots
    -51
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    Provide a specific example of how my judgement, in the context we are talking here, impacts black culture. For example, let's take what khalid posted. He pre-judged a black kid in the Navy who talked like a thug and assumed he couldn't play chess. Explain how this sort of judgement holds back black people as a whole.
    Every time a convenience store owner suspiciously eyes a black guy in his shop, he's giving the message "I don't trust you, I think you may be a thug." When a black guy repeatedly gets this reaction in multiple convenience stores, it tell him that society expects him to be a thug. That in itself isn't a justification for becoming a thug, but it certainly makes it easier to do so. That's one example.


    Quote Originally Posted by fanaskin View Post
    You're assuming that black people can't actively be shooting themselves in the foot AT THE SAME TIME they are being economically and socially segregated.

    it's like the mature view on democracy, many countries on this planet aren't ready for democracy, they don't have the proper education and mindsets for a democracy to successfully work and not degenerate into fascism like what was happening in Egypt, this has nothing to do with capabilities of the brain or genes of these people it's just the effect of lack of a conducive culture and education that would support such a thing. until you change that changing any perceived "white privilege" is a futile exercise because black people do it to themselves ON TOP of the disadvantages they have.

    they are really assaulted on all sides from outside and within.
    I am assuming no such thing. I agree that they are being assaulted from outside and within. But guess which part we have influence over?


    Quote Originally Posted by Cad View Post
    Its obvious from his posts that he's a teacher. Explains the long-winded bullshit ultra-liberal can't-we-all-be-friends nonstop fucking crap. We're not your students you fucking lackey, you're not educating us. When you decide to venture out into the real world, you'll realize we're educating you on this thing we like to call "reality". Your salon.com vision of the world doesn't work out here in reality-land.
    Allow me to first point out that I've said nothing to you to warrant this aggressive and immature lashing out. Also, I'm not a liberal and nothing I've posted today has been long-winded (especially compared to some other posts). Secondly, who the fuck are you to be the authority on "reality"? We all live on the same planet and have the same senses with which to make sense of the world around us. Your version of "reality" is no more valid than mine. You wanna get real for a second? The main reason anybody is arguing with me at all is because (consciously or not) they want to be able to consider themselves superior to other people and not feel guilty about it. It feels good to have a "bad guy", someone who you can compare yourself to to make yourself feel better. Nobody wants to hear that this is harmful for society because then who can they feel superior to? I love hearing "white guilt" thrown about as though it means something when, in fact, fighting for the continued acceptance of racism (as if that were necessary) is an action driven by the need to avoid guilt.

  47. #5847
    HE A GOOD BOY Iannis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Jack's Wasted Life
    Posts
    15,187
    Tuconots
    67
    I don't see nearly enough whips. And the white guys have their shirts on.

    more white privilege. Even in consentual mock slavery we just caaaaaaannnnntttt stttttooooopppp being innately superior.

  48. #5848
    Vox Hipstler hodj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18,493
    Tuconots
    47
    When are the descendants of African Muslim slave traders from Mali going to be asked to wear yokes and walk a mile in the shoes of people they enslaves as penance for their involvement in the African Slave Trade?

    Without them, there was no slave trade.

  49. #5849
    ジョーディースレイヤー Tanoomba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,488
    Tuconots
    -51
    Quote Originally Posted by Adebisi View Post
    That shit's cray.

    Tanoomba, when are you going to go to white slave camp? Did you get in before registration closed?
    That shit is stupid. Like I've said at least 4 times, I'm not about "white guilt". I don't want white people to "feel bad" about their historic role in making things shitty for black people. That doesn't mean we can't acknowledge that we are privileged. It certainly doesn't mean we can't try to change our own personal attitudes about black people and/or racism to help everyone operate on the same playing field.

  50. #5850
    REREROLLED.ORG
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,365
    Tuconots
    78
    Tanoomba, do you eat chocolate?

  51. #5851
    Iannis didn't do anything ZyyzYzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    5,710
    Tuconots
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by chthonic-anemos View Post
    Tanoomba, do you eat chocolate?
    Only white as it is privileged and doesn't deserve to exist.

  52. #5852
    devil's advocate fanaskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    12,529
    Tuconots
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanoomba View Post
    That shit is stupid. Like I've said at least 4 times, I'm not about "white guilt". I don't want white people to "feel bad" about their historic role in making things shitty for black people. That doesn't mean we can't acknowledge that we are privileged. It certainly doesn't mean we can't try to change our own personal attitudes about black people and/or racism to help everyone operate on the same playing field.
    It really is about white guilt, white people shouldn't be viewed as privileged there's more white poor than black poor. it should be viewed as the baseline, the place where we want blacks to be. and yes it makes a huge psychological and real world difference in those viewpoints.

    What you are doing is repeating the ideology that allows Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to guilt white people out of money and property not to elevate black people but to line their own pockets. you're literally being a "useful idiot".
    Last edited by fanaskin; 07-24-2013 at 03:54 PM.

  53. #5853
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,566
    Tuconots
    4
    Can I attone for my privilege? What about some sort of carbon offset equivalent?

  54. #5854
    Iannis didn't do anything ZyyzYzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    5,710
    Tuconots
    29
    Heard a piece on NPR this morning about how black men are compensated less than white men with the same education and position. I'm going to go ask my boss for a pay cut because, well, that isn't fair.

  55. #5855
    "AH HA HA HA HA HA" Barraco Bisi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18,230
    Tuconots
    246

  56. #5856
    scientia potentia est Cad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Highland Park
    Posts
    9,788
    Tuconots
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanoomba View Post
    The main reason anybody is arguing with me at all is because (consciously or not) they want to be able to consider themselves superior to other people and not feel guilty about it. It feels good to have a "bad guy", someone who you can compare yourself to to make yourself feel better. Nobody wants to hear that this is harmful for society because then who can they feel superior to? I love hearing "white guilt" thrown about as though it means something when, in fact, fighting for the continued acceptance of racism (as if that were necessary) is an action driven by the need to avoid guilt.
    Speaking of out of touch with reality...

    You act like we have some conspiracy to "justify" our behavior. Get it through your thick skull. WE JUST DONT GIVE A FUCK. We aren't justifying anything. We don't give a fuck. If we act like assholes its because you guys are fucking annoying pushing your stupid ass agenda about issues we don't give a fuck about.

  57. #5857
    HE A GOOD BOY Iannis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Jack's Wasted Life
    Posts
    15,187
    Tuconots
    67
    No, asking for a pay cut is silly.

    Just calculate the difference and send it directly to Al Sharpton.

    That brother will see that it gets to the right places.

  58. #5858
    Low Information Janitor chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,413
    Tuconots
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanoomba View Post
    Every time a convenience store owner suspiciously eyes a black guy in his shop, he's giving the message "I don't trust you, I think you may be a thug." When a black guy repeatedly gets this reaction in multiple convenience stores, it tell him that society expects him to be a thug. That in itself isn't a justification for becoming a thug, but it certainly makes it easier to do so. That's one example.


    So the individual responsibility is mitigated because a convenience store clerk suspiciously eyed them? Are you fucking kidding me? This is the best you've got?

    I've been eyed suspiciously by a convenience store clerk before. To date I own zero Lil' Wayne albums and do not sell drugs or assault people. Was I just lucky? Did "white culture" dodge a bullet?

    Come the fuck on, you aren't retarded, why are you posting like you are.

  59. #5859
    Vox Hipstler hodj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18,493
    Tuconots
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    No, asking for a pay cut is silly.

    Just calculate the difference and send it directly to Al Sharpton.

    That brother will see that it gets to the right places.
    Al likes to call that his "Walking around money"

  60. #5860
    devil's advocate fanaskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    12,529
    Tuconots
    22
    gold mine of "check your privilege" stuff in here.

    http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/check-your-privilege

    privalage checklist.png
    Last edited by fanaskin; 07-24-2013 at 03:50 PM.

  61. #5861
    HE A GOOD BOY Iannis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Jack's Wasted Life
    Posts
    15,187
    Tuconots
    67
    It's a stupid and self-defeating agenda to begin with.

    Even crack and concussion addled Rodney King had it right. Why can't we call just get along?

    A brutally beaten crack addict had a more insightful and meaningful social analysis than this white guilt bullshit.

  62. #5862
    Vox Hipstler hodj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18,493
    Tuconots
    47
    How dare you question my assertion that I am in fact a pangendered, pansexual seven and a half foot tall 90 year old talking purple chicken?

  63. #5863
    Iannis didn't do anything ZyyzYzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    5,710
    Tuconots
    29
    Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    No, asking for a pay cut is silly.

    Just calculate the difference and send it directly to Al Sharpton.

    That brother will see that it gets to the right places.
    Guess I should double down and send the same amount to Jesse Jackson .

  64. #5864
    Survived 9/23/2015 Soygen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    17,132
    Tuconots
    159
    I don't feel guilty about being white...and handsome...and smart. I do, however, really enjoy it. #justice4soygen

  65. #5865
    devil's advocate fanaskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    12,529
    Tuconots
    22

  66. #5866
    Vox Hipstler hodj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18,493
    Tuconots
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by Soygen View Post
    I don't feel guilty about being white...and handsome...and smart. I do, however, really enjoy it. #justice4soygen

  67. #5867
    "AH HA HA HA HA HA" Barraco Bisi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18,230
    Tuconots
    246
    Soyvon Martin

  68. #5868
    Registered Dorf Kreugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,842
    Tuconots
    46
    I hope that poll gets a lot of traffic, I'm really interested in the results. Hell, I didn't even know like five or six things on there, especially the details of the crime activity in the neighborhood and his black prom date ffs.

  69. #5869
    ジョーディースレイヤー Tanoomba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,488
    Tuconots
    -51
    Quote Originally Posted by chthonic-anemos View Post
    Tanoomba, do you eat chocolate?
    Yes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jais View Post
    Can I attone for my privilege? What about some sort of carbon offset equivalent?
    Rerolled: Anything but the point.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cad View Post
    Speaking of out of touch with reality...

    You act like we have some conspiracy to "justify" our behavior. Get it through your thick skull. WE JUST DONT GIVE A FUCK. We aren't justifying anything. We don't give a fuck. If we act like assholes its because you guys are fucking annoying pushing your stupid ass agenda about issues we don't give a fuck about.
    For someone who doesn't give a fuck, you sure have a lot to say about it.


    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    So the individual responsibility is mitigated because a convenience store clerk suspiciously eyed them? Are you fucking kidding me? This is the best you've got?

    I've been eyed suspiciously by a convenience store clerk before. To date I own zero Lil' Wayne albums and do not sell drugs or assault people. Was I just lucky? Did "white culture" dodge a bullet?

    Come the fuck on, you aren't retarded, why are you posting like you are.
    Here's the difference: You aren't systematically eyed suspiciously in convenience stores. White privilege doesn't mean we're all born with silver spoons in our mouths and everything is handed to us on a silver platter. We face challenges, difficulties and injustices like everybody else. But those injustices are generally the result of individual circumstances and not a systematic predisposition. Sure, I'm not guaranteed a job because I'm white, but the guy doing the interview won't look at me and instinctively assume I'm uneducated or a thug. I don't have to prove to him that I'm "one of the good ones" because I'm already part of a trusted group by default. If I don't get the job, it will have nothing to do with the color of my skin, but if a black guy doesn't get the job it very well might. It's not a given, of course, but these advantages that white people have (or disadvantages that black people have, same thing) are systematically ingrained into our culture. This is racism on an implicit level, and pretending that it doesn't exist or that black people need to fix their own problems only perpetuates the cycle.

  70. #5870
    Registered User xadion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,983
    Tuconots
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by hodj View Post
    Its complex and involves gene flow and the distribution of alleles across distinct populations versus within distinct populations. Basically, there is more variation within a population than between, and no metric, or stereotype if you will, which could be used to define a distinct population based solely on their phenotypic expression is able to be applied equally to all members within that population. So for instance, with dog breeds, you know a rottweiler looks like a rottweilier, meaning it bears the standard markings a rottweilier would bear, its within the size range for a rottweilier, its pedigree states that it is such, etc. None of this exists for humans. Within a population of any particular group, you will find elites who are smarter, you will find plebes who are less intelligent. Blacks in Africa do have complex cultures but the climate variations made it difficult for them (as well as Native Americans) to successfully build large cities which could be supported through agriculture and the like. Asians are smaller generally due to lower nutrition because rice lacked (until golden rice) key nutrients required for growth, such as Vitamin D. Further, Asian countries were actually plundered and looted as soon as it became viable for someone to do so. China, Korea and others had a geographic advantage in the Himilayas/Hindu Kush Mountain ranges and the Gobi Desert, both features which helped separate most of Asia proper from the West, just as the Atlantic kept the Native Americans free of outside influence, until technological barriers to travel over long distances were resolved.

    Political correctness necessitates that positive stereotypes are acceptable fodder for comedy (big black dicks and great at sports would be an example of that, anyone who watches enough porn knows there's plenty of white dudes with retarded big dicks too for instance, and there's been plenty of white super athletes over the years, such as Larry Bird).

    Mostly the reason why blacks and hispanics underperform is because there is zip, zero, nada influence or involvement by the parents at home in their educations, for all sorts of reasons. In the case of hispanics who are the children of 1st generation immigrants, often the parents can't speak English and don't have any education of their own to speak of, and in the case of African Americans, its because they've been taught that getting a decent education is basically "Being white".

    It really has little to nothing to do, overall, with genome. The contribution to intelligence that specific genes provide has been tagged at a very low percentile, something like 2%. Intelligence is more about how someone is raised than just flat natural talent as a result of luck by the combination of genes which contribute to intellect. For instance, Einstein's brain has been examined, and its been shown that the region of his brain which allowed for things like spatial cognition and mathematical computation was larger than the average person's. This is not because of some mutation in his genome that led to that portion of his brain being more developed. Its because he was USING that part of his brain constantly during formative years, slowly gearing it towards a specific purpose. Same thing with people who speak many languages. The portion of the brain which allows for speak recognition and the like is larger from constant utilization.

    Yes, genome plays some small part, but the idea that biology is destiny is flawed, profoundly. Biology interacts with environment and culture to create an end product, an individual.

    added: Also, a distinction has to be made between the heritability of genes which potentially influence intelligence, and the actual degree to which any one or a combination of those genes influences intellect.

    Genes give you a range of potential from low to high, but the degree to which you achieve that potential is implicit on a number of other factors. Another example of this is height. Stature is highly heritable, yet when people from very poor countries or areas with low nutrition move to somewhere where nutrition is much higher, the subsequent generations of children they have, provided they have access to the better nutrition available in the new area, grow taller than their parents, and the taller still than their grandparents. Genes give a range, but environment and culture determine where you finally land in that range.
    Very true, and I do not disagree- but there are racial attributes that follow long term- be it physical or mental it really should not matter. Skin color, nose and hair type are all specific changes and adaptations that where made to survive in their conditions etc.. there are also tons of studies etc etc that show brain stimulation is differing by varying of need and conditions etc, if you cant sit there and think about why birds fly and we don't because you have to go hunt a boar for food- there is differing stimulations etc etc-

    But really now, years after we all have lived in a similar context and situation it does come down to the support at home and the support or lack there of their culture gives to education as means of advancement. Having seen teaching in a poverty ranked school in the "country" of Florida populated by a spread of races and then the same in a poverty ranked school in the "city" of Florida with almost the exact same race balance- what one do you think has better scores? what one can you walk into the classroom and just observe children and see what group acts like normal humans while the others are acting out and being 'wild' or whatever you want to call it. Also what one do you think has working poor as their population vs government supported poor?

    Working for a better life for your kids is not always lost, friend owns an A/C company, built it himself from him and his truck to a very large business making shit-tons of money. I asked him if he wanted his son to take over the business and he said "Hell no, I crawl through attics and work my ass off so he can do what he wants for his life." its not that his son would not continue and makes lots of money etc its to provide him with the opportunity to make choices for what he wants- something not everyone has, and I hope he and his siblings one day understand that.

  71. #5871
    devil's advocate fanaskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    12,529
    Tuconots
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanoomba View Post
    Rerolled: Anything but the point.
    Are you SURE it's because the other parties can't understand the point you're trying to make? or do the other parties take your idea play with it and realize the flaws in it?

    Also you grossly overplay social interaction as causes for systemic racism in hiring practices, there's many instances before ~1950 where black employment was higher than white employment, federal intervention in the labor market via the minimum wage laws fucked that up. Go look at the original support for minimum wage laws what was said, at the time black employment rate was HIGHER than white employment rate, the black construction labor was coming up north and the "liberal northeast" resented it greatly because black labor could underbid the lazy northerners and do the job much cheaper. the minimum wage laws where first aimed at undermining this situation and protecting northern white hegemony of the labor market, and they still function to do this to this day.
    -----
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...724065640.html

    The Even and Macpherson study finds that among whites males ages 16-24, each 10% increase in a federal or state minimum wage has decreased employment by 2.5%. For Hispanic males, the figure is 1.2%. "But among black males in this group, each 10% increase in the minimum wage has decreased employment by 6.5%."

    The effect on the black community is so pronounced, write the authors, that "employment losses for 16-to-24 year-old black males between 2007 and 2010 could have been nearly 50% lower had the federal and state minimum wages remained at the January 2007 level.

    -----
    http://www.cato.org/publications/com...ar-black-teens

    Today, black unemployment is almost 16 percent and was at a 25-year high, even as the overall unemployment rate declined from 10 percent to 9.7 percent.

    “It’s hard to argue that no job is better than a lesser paying job.”
    Teenaged black males, whose unemployment rate is currently 44.9 percent, up from 39.2 in July (when the minimum wage hike took effect), have been hurt the most by the recession. In fact, November — five months after the wage hike — saw unemployment for this demographic reach 57.1 percent — the second highest rate on record at the Bureau of Labor Statistics."

    TeenUnemployment.gif

    http://lubbockonline.com/editorial-c...s#.UfAD1Y3bO6M

    As early as 1890, the duration of unemployment among blacks was shorter than it was among whites, whereas today unemployment is both higher and longer-lasting among blacks than among whites.

    How might one explain yesteryear’s lower black unemployment and greater labor force participation?

    The usual academic, civil rights or media racial discrimination explanation for black/white socio-economic differences just wouldn’t hold up. I can’t imagine even the most harebrained professor, civil rights leader or media “expert” arguing that there was less discrimination a century ago and that explains why there was greater black labor market participation.



    Milton Friedman: ”The effects of the minimum wage have been concentrated on the groups that the do-gooders would most like to help. The people who have been hurt most by the minimum wage laws are the blacks. I have often said that the most anti-black law on the books of this land is the minimum wage law.”

    minwage11.jpg

    http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/...e-unemployment

    Here's how it works. There are some states and a number of localities where the local statutory minimum wage is already higher than what the federal government requires. Some of those communities have automatic escalator clauses that boost the local figure whenever the federal number goes up. There are also labor contracts, especially those let by the federal government under the Davis-Bacon Act, which requires all projects to pay at least the "prevailing" wage rate. When the minimum wage goes up, so does the prevailing wage. All this, in the end, means there's more money available in workers' salaries that the unions can harvest by raising dues.

    What the president is proposing is economically irresponsible, sure enough, but its also a well-disguised give back to his political supporters that comes at the expense of every person in the U.S. labor force as well as millions of Americans who want to be but, in Obama's economy, can't find a job. He's trying to make it harder, not easier, to get the unemployment numbers down while making it easier for his friends in organized labor to get their hands on the cash they need to help wage war on his political opponents until the next election.

    -----
    ask yourself what party pushes affirmative action, abortion, divorce and federal minimum wage laws, what they use as rhetoric for justifying it and what are the actual real world effects it has large scale on the black population. Then ask yourself why this same party aligns itself with al sharpton and jesse jackson. I honestly believe people with tanoomba's attitude are "useful idiots" that perpetuate the plight of black people at the same time caring for them, politicians and race baiters are literally using your love to hurt your fellow man.
    Last edited by fanaskin; 07-24-2013 at 05:39 PM.

  72. #5872
    REREROLLED.ORG
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,365
    Tuconots
    78
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanoomba View Post
    Yes.
    How can you support kidnapping and slavery?

  73. #5873
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,566
    Tuconots
    4
    Does my privilege just boil down to me not getting eyed in gas stations?

  74. #5874
    Iannis didn't do anything ZyyzYzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    5,710
    Tuconots
    29
    The biggest threat to the black community, being eyed down by the convenience store clerk in the ghetto where robbery is common and 99% of the perpetrators are black.

    It isn't social programs that promote not working, biased drug laws that have harsher sentences for certain drugs, or a culture that romanticizes criminal behavior. It is chaos going into a convenience store and not being hassled.

    If only we could all go live with black families and feel their plight when the walk into a 7-11.

  75. #5875
    Low Information Janitor chaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    13,413
    Tuconots
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanoomba View Post

    Here's the difference: You aren't systematically eyed suspiciously in convenience stores. White privilege doesn't mean we're all born with silver spoons in our mouths and everything is handed to us on a silver platter. We face challenges, difficulties and injustices like everybody else. But those injustices are generally the result of individual circumstances and not a systematic predisposition. Sure, I'm not guaranteed a job because I'm white, but the guy doing the interview won't look at me and instinctively assume I'm uneducated or a thug. I don't have to prove to him that I'm "one of the good ones" because I'm already part of a trusted group by default. If I don't get the job, it will have nothing to do with the color of my skin, but if a black guy doesn't get the job it very well might. It's not a given, of course, but these advantages that white people have (or disadvantages that black people have, same thing) are systematically ingrained into our culture. This is racism on an implicit level, and pretending that it doesn't exist or that black people need to fix their own problems only perpetuates the cycle.
    People don't look at black people and assume they are uneducated or a thug. They look at people who are dressed like uneducated thugs like they are uneducated or thugs. To boil every societal interaction down to racism is just absurd. And you make the assumption that nothing negative ever happens to white people because of their skin color, which is retarded. Of course black people have to fix issues within their own goddamn culture. I can't do that for them. Even if I could, I shouldn't, and they shouldn't want me to.

  76. #5876
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,486
    Tuconots
    -20
    I basically had this conversation with a very liberal Constitutional Law professor at the law school I attended. Her position was that affirmative action is still necessary because of years of systemic racism keeping blacks disadvantaged. Her reasoning as to why white peoe today should be denied jobs or places in universities/law schools so blacks who didn't have the same qualifications could take those spots was, and I quote, "because the white kids will be ok anyway."

    So I asked her if she was going to tell her son not to attend college so that another kid who is more disadvantaged could take his place. She said no her son should be allowed to pursue whatever dreams he had.

    Yeah, just not anyone ELSE'S son. She was white, btw. And thank god for blind grading systems or I might not have come away with the grade I did.

  77. #5877
    Registered User W4RH34D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    666
    Tuconots
    0
    I think someone is demoing their mind control system for the govt to buy. Shit be cray.

  78. #5878

  79. #5879
    Vox Hipstler hodj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18,493
    Tuconots
    47
    Fiddling while Rome burns

    http://www.freep.com/article/20130723/NEWS01/307230095/

    The Detroit City Council on Tuesday unanimously passed a resolution calling for a federal investigation to see whether civil rights charges are warranted against George Zimmerman, who was acquitted July 13 of second-degree murder and manslaughter charges in the killing of Florida teen Trayvon Martin.

    The resolution, sponsored by Councilwoman JoAnn Watson, sparked a discussion over the need for city leaders and others to focus more on violence in Detroit.

    “We need to have that same level of outrage with respect to the black-on-black crime that takes place in our community,” Councilman Kenneth Cockrel Jr. said. “How many people were shot — maybe even shot and killed this past weekend in the city — mostly likely by folks who look just like them?”

  80. #5880
    Registered User xadion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,983
    Tuconots
    24
    Royal baby named after George Zimmerman, you heard it here first folks!

  81. #5881
    Make America's Team great again Hoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,521
    Tuconots
    -26
    Why should I respect a culture that doesn't respect itself? Anyone who does that is just enabling.

  82. #5882
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,965
    Tuconots
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Soygen View Post
    I don't feel guilty about being white...and handsome...and smart. I do, however, really enjoy it. #justice4soygen
    It is pretty awesone. Video related: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=3rnFl...%3D3rnFlQAvk8U
    Current PAD monsters: monster box
    Ishad-Barbarian

  83. #5883
    "AH HA HA HA HA HA" Barraco Bisi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18,230
    Tuconots
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by xadion View Post
    Royal baby named after George Zimmerman, you heard it here first folks!
    Heroically pulls family out of car crash
    Royal family names baby after him

    Motherfucking Zimmerman/O'Mara 2016

  84. #5884
    HE A GOOD BOY Iannis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Jack's Wasted Life
    Posts
    15,187
    Tuconots
    67
    I still think it's Mikhail going for take 2. He dropped the annoying ass quote trains (thank god), and the most blatant of the desperate self congratulatory "I'm cool you drool" posts. But it's the same kind of mindset.

    I blame the people that stoked him in his feminism thread.

    Rerolled: It's the trannies' fault.

  85. #5885
    Superior Member Astr0Chuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The ruins of Joisey
    Posts
    12,413
    Tuconots
    72
    how can i check to see who has the most posts in this thread?

  86. #5886
    Registered User khalid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,536
    Tuconots
    31
    Mikhail and Tanoomba are pretty much nothing alike. Don't be rude.

  87. #5887
    Registered User Fedor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,164
    Tuconots
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by Maester Chuk View Post
    how can i check to see who has the most posts in this thread?
    click the thread's reply count from the outer forum

    http://www.rerolled.org/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=2773

  88. #5888
    Superior Member Astr0Chuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The ruins of Joisey
    Posts
    12,413
    Tuconots
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedor View Post
    click the thread's reply count from the outer forum

    http://www.rerolled.org/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=2773
    thanks dude. haha im number 3. no surprise who is one and 2 though. jesus christ Hodj.

  89. #5889
    Vox Hipstler hodj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18,493
    Tuconots
    47
    Its hard work breaking through people's media malaise what can I say?

  90. #5890
    Roll Damn Tide Prodigal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    279
    Tuconots
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by hodj View Post
    Its hard work breaking through people's media malaise what can I say?
    That's mighty white of you.



    (Yeah, I went there)

  91. #5891
    ジョーディースレイヤー Tanoomba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,488
    Tuconots
    -51
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaskin View Post
    Minimum wage.
    You've piqued my interest. I read your whole post, but what it's missing (or what I've missed) is why minimum wage hikes increase unemployment for black people.


    Quote Originally Posted by chthonic-anemos View Post
    How can you support kidnapping and slavery?
    By having that side of it kept hidden from me through several layers of marketing and media manipulation.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jais View Post
    Does my privilege just boil down to me not getting eyed in gas stations?
    Among many other small but ultimately significant (especially when grouped as a whole) advantages.
    Last edited by Tanoomba; 07-24-2013 at 08:12 PM.

  92. #5892
    Make America's Team great again Hoss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    7,521
    Tuconots
    -26
    It's racist to explicitly spell out what those advantages though, right?

  93. #5893
    ジョーディースレイヤー Tanoomba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,488
    Tuconots
    -51
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    People don't look at black people and assume they are uneducated or a thug. They look at people who are dressed like uneducated thugs like they are uneducated or thugs. To boil every societal interaction down to racism is just absurd. And you make the assumption that nothing negative ever happens to white people because of their skin color, which is retarded. Of course black people have to fix issues within their own goddamn culture. I can't do that for them. Even if I could, I shouldn't, and they shouldn't want me to.
    Does Levar Burton look like a thug to you? How about a pre-president Barack Obama? I'm not saying every white person judges every black person, but it happens with enough regularity to be a systematic problem, whereas whatever negative things happen to white people because they are white are not occurring on a regular scale across our society. Don't try to pretend that everybody faces the same challenges and has the same difficulties because that's where things start to get retarded.

  94. #5894
    Gavinrad Sparklerad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    16,719
    Tuconots
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanoomba View Post
    I red your whole post
    I for one am profoundly glad that you are an English teacher.
    Draegan is a faggoty piece of shit who sold the forum to mmorpg.com just to spite us. Register at the new site.

    ReReRolled.org - A Gaming Community

  95. #5895
    Iannis didn't do anything ZyyzYzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    5,710
    Tuconots
    29
    Does Tanoomba not realize that everyone makes judgements about everyone they meet. It males sense that based on prior experiences and knowledge in certain fields that people take in information about a person and from that extrapolate who they think that person is. It obviously changes as you learn more or get to know a person.

    Literally everyone does it to everyone.

  96. #5896
    #barnsohard Intrinsic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,659
    Tuconots
    52
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanoomba View Post
    You've piqued my interest. I read your whole post, but what it's missing (or what I've missed) is why minimum wage hikes increase unemployment for black people.
    I had an economics professor my 1st year in school tell me it was because that when faced with more expensive labor costs and employer will hire more experienced or 'better' workers. While you may be cool paying an uneducated, unresponsible, unqualified worker (black, white, whatever) $5, once you are faced with paying someone $10 an hour you want someone with a little more qualifications.

    This was the only economics class I ever took and could hardly care, but for some reason 15 years ago that topic has stuck in my head. Interested in the learned individuals on the board to offer more insight.

  97. #5897
    Registered Dorf Kreugen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,842
    Tuconots
    46
    A couple of gems from a black women directed to me:


    "you will never understand the true benefits of White Male privilege, because, well you are a white male and you expect things to be your way."

    So it's not racist to assume I've led a a life of privilege just because I'm white?

    "Let me tell you the difference between racism and discrimination. Anyone can discriminate against any one for anything...fat, tall, handicap, speech impediment. But racism requires 2 things, for the racist to be in the majority race and to have power over the minority. Know the difference."

    Ah, only white people can be racist. Well, kiss my entire ass then you racist hypocrite.

    This was in a thread about this piece of shit:

    1069389_10151727258264255_123031045_n.jpg

    Where I inquired where the frame was with Al Sharpton holding up a bag of money and a sign that reads "It's ALL about race!"

    to which the first black man to respond said "Where is the picture of Hannity. Limbaugh, Geraldo, Beck, & Fox News standing on billions of dollars saying it's not about race?!"

    Which I helpfully listed out the black NAACP leaders and black celebrities that also belong on his list. And pointed out that I wouldn't watch Fox News at gunpoint.

    At this point I went back to work because even a slow work day was more entertaining than discovering how fucking stupid people really are.
    Last edited by Kreugen; 07-24-2013 at 08:39 PM.

  98. #5898
    Megistered Jooserockey Eomer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    5,214
    Tuconots
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Intrinsic
    I had an economics professor my 1st year in school tell me it was because that when faced with more expensive labor costs and employer will hire more experienced or 'better' workers. While you may be cool paying an uneducated, unresponsible, unqualified worker (black, white, whatever) $5, once you are faced with paying someone $10 an hour you want someone with a little more qualifications.

    This was the only economics class I ever took and could hardly care, but for some reason 15 years ago that topic has stuck in my head. Interested in the learned individuals on the board to offer more insight.
    I don't really see that being the case. Many low paying jobs don't really benefit from hiring "more qualified" people. Someone better educated isn't going to be able to flip burgers any faster than a hard working highschool dropout. I would think though that raising minimum wages could lead to less minimum wage jobs overall, as employers try to automate things and reduce labor costs accordingly.

  99. #5899
    SPECIAL BEAM CANNON
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,976
    Tuconots
    66
    I've heard that idea before. The higher you set minimum wage the more people who are going to be kept unemployed due to low skill. Those workers won't ever be able to get a job because there will never be work they are qualified for at that pay grade. It probably holds water but I've never investigated it beyond "I heard about this thing."

  100. #5900
    Vox Hipstler hodj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18,493
    Tuconots
    47
    Minimum wage is basically a barrier to entry to the legitimate job market, so if you can't produce you know, 7 and a quarter an hour worth of value with your work, because you have no skills, are uneducated, and generally don't like your job anyway and so don't care or have any personal investment in the job, then you simply aren't going to get a job in that market. So its off to the black market for you.

    The issue is that some people perceive minimum wage to mean "living wage", or rather, that they believe a living wage is what everyone should be guaranteed as long as they have a job. Its a merit worthy view, but I just don't see how you make it work in a market economy which implies competition. Others see minimum wage as a starting point. If you view it as a starting point, then you don't care how low it is to start, the goal is to hire people and train them for a job and reward them with higher wages as they progress in time and effort for your company.

    I do think high minimum wage basically prices people who are uneducated and untrained out of the market. Considering african americans tend to be unskilled and uneducated, it makes sense that when you raise minimum wage, there is a time period of equilibration during which the unemployment of the most unskilled and untrained will sky rocket as they've been effectively priced out of the job market at that point, and that this will hit particularly hard African Americans.

    But there's also a balance to be made. You can't just pay people 90 cents an hour as a starting wage in this economy either. They'll starve to death before they ever get a raise.
    Last edited by hodj; 07-24-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •