Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Top Gear Uk

Quote Originally Posted by Maester Chuk View Post
    i dunno, isnt fire shooting out of your exhaust usually a sign that your combustion is doing something terribly wrong?
    I think it happens during shift changes when the engine becomes idle for a short period and fuel doesn't completely combust, then when it exits the exhaust it's hot enough to ignite. The P1 does the same thing. I honestly thought you couldn't have a road legal car that did it.. but that might just be a north american thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripamang View Post
    I think it happens during shift changes when the engine becomes idle for a short period and fuel doesn't completely combust, then when it exits the exhaust it's hot enough to ignite. The P1 does the same thing. I honestly thought you couldn't have a road legal car that did it.. but that might just be a north american thing.
    918 has a PDK, it doesn't release throttle during shift changes.

Haha, poor Jack Whitehall.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripamang View Post
    Yea I wonder why that happened, they kept saying "In the coming weeks we're going to have both on the track" then dropped the bomb we have to wait till next season this episode. Yas Marina Circuit (Where they were filming the 918) has seen a lot of action lately as a few magazines that were playing with a P1 there. Too bad they didn't do the comparison there.
    Pretty confident it's a combination of them wanting both to do their laps in good conditions(notice it's been fucking pouring there all season) and that not matching up with the tight scheduling required to get both cars there(918 Porsches and 375 McLaren's total in the world, if they've all been produced already).

The Abu Dhabi track is nice and all, but it wouldn't give them Power Lap times for the board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleface View Post
    I don't drink anything other than...semen.

nobody mentioned that next week is part one of their "christmas special". the top gear guys drive cheap lorries through burma to construct a bridge on the river kwai.

Quote Originally Posted by Maester Chuk View Post
    nobody mentioned that next week is part one of their "christmas special". the top gear guys drive cheap lorries through burma to construct a bridge on the river kwai.
    Finally a special, was a fun episode. Burma roads be crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Droigan View Post
    Finally a special, was a fun episode. Burma roads be crazy.
    All I know about crazy foreign countries has been learned from the Top Gear guys and Anthony Bourdain. And the sad part is I think they give a more real picture of those nations then a lot of travel information shows.

i dunno why i like their specials the best, its either because of the interesting locations or the interaction between the trio. i love when they crack jezzer up. the part with the ponies was classic top gear. also i love jeremy's lorry, especially after its mod.

I saw this on Reddit today. Apparently Jeremy Clarkson's parents made the first Paddington Bear stuffed animals as gifts for Jeremy and his sister.

Jeremy Clarkson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlokk View Post
    I saw this on Reddit today. Apparently Jeremy Clarkson's parents made the first Paddington Bear stuffed animals as gifts for Jeremy and his sister.

I still have mine somewhere, that is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlokk View Post

Wait what!? He went to the same private school my cousins went to.

Nights Watch
    Jeremy's tweets today were hilarious. The police shut down a highway to find a mans penis. He said that if 5 countries cant find a Boeing 777, then how are the police going to find a gentleman sausage.

Clarkson really lacks a "shut up" filter. His gloating when he brought the Pierce Morgan news was hilarious.

lol why do people in these countries tolerate their silly ideas? Did they hijack some villiage's bridge building project?

I'm honestly surprised the UK government even lets them outside the studio/track these days lol

damn, that bridge was fucked up. i do love these specials though.

Might not have been the most epic special, but may have had the best comedic pacing. Got progressively funnier from start to near finish. I say near finish because they always have the big "project" part to close it up. But even that was really funny this time.

I had to make a gif of my favorite part. Hammond's face as he pulls away killed me.

HTML5 version, same quality way smaller file size

has anyone here watched the actual Bridge on the River Kwai movie? i never have and i felt like i missed a lot of references.

It was one of my favorite movies as a kid, probably watched it five or six times over the years along with another old WW2 film The Guns of Navarone. I'll still whistle the marching tune occasionally when it pops into my head.