Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334
Results 661 to 674 of 674

Thread: Top Gear Uk

  1. #661
    Registered User Jysin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,834
    Tuconets
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Elurin View Post
    ...Overall though, every time they cut to the studio was sad. Worse was the good bye at the end. Oh well, at least it's not good bye forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlokk View Post
    Hamster and Slow definitely kept it totally straightforward and toned down on purpose. Zero effort to present in an entertaining fashion whatsoever. I get the impression they were not trying ot give the BBC any more than they absolutely had to.
    Grimm, you are absolutely right. That good bye at the end was just cold and emotionless. The dissonance was palpable just watching it.

  2. #662
    Registered User Gamma Rays's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    938
    Tuconets
    27
    I really liked the episode, always enjoyed their cheap car challenges, and we got 2.

    That ending was real sad, with just the two of them in the empty studio. Even though I know we'll see them together doing more work, it still hurt to see the ending of such a great series.

  3. #663
    Registered User Sevens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    58
    Tuconets
    -5
    I will love to see these 3 on Netflix
    Makes me sad though that we wont see The Stig join them
    Or his American cousin, or Chinese (karate death kick) cousin, or his African cousin.

  4. #664
    Registered User Xarpolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Chalfont, PA
    Posts
    3,176
    Tuconets
    3
    Well, they don't have to name him "The Stig", but they could absolutely get an unnamed F1 racer to drive their test cars to their full potential.

    They might not be allowed to dress him in a head to toe racing suit (white), and they definitely can't use the name Stig, but having a similar character isn't going to be that difficult.

  5. #665
    Superior Member Maester Chuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The ruins of Joisey
    Posts
    8,373
    Tuconets
    40
    they could likely work something out with the previous stig (Ben Collins). i think he was unhappy with the BBC as well.

  6. #666
    Registered User Xarpolis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Chalfont, PA
    Posts
    3,176
    Tuconets
    3
    Hell, being that he's already outed himself as The Stig, "We'd like to introduce you to our tame racing driver, Ben Collins! They cal him The Collins (ominous music)"

  7. #667
    Registered User Sevens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    58
    Tuconets
    -5
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarpolis View Post
    Well, they don't have to name him "The Stig", but they could absolutely get an unnamed F1 racer to drive their test cars to their full potential.

    They might not be allowed to dress him in a head to toe racing suit (white), and they definitely can't use the name Stig, but having a similar character isn't going to be that difficult.
    True, but if they just "copy" the concept it seems cheap and unoriginal.

  8. #668
    Registered User Sevens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    58
    Tuconets
    -5
    Im not meaning the person in the suit...hell theyve had many stigs. I was meaning the whole concept of 'The Stig"
    Just that he was such a fun part of the show I hate to lose that.

  9. #669
    Registered User Borzak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,817
    Tuconets
    6
    Are these car makers like Ferrari, Bugatti etc..going to give them a car to test as easily as they do on the BBC? I'm sure the show will kick ass, but I'm going to guess there's a lot of cool stuff you can't do when you aren't associated with the BBC like drive to the north pole or drive a Ford off a Royal Marine Landing craft in a beach assault.

  10. #670
    Superior Member Maester Chuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The ruins of Joisey
    Posts
    8,373
    Tuconets
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzak View Post
    Are these car makers like Ferrari, Bugatti etc..going to give them a car to test as easily as they do on the BBC? I'm sure the show will kick ass, but I'm going to guess there's a lot of cool stuff you can't do when you aren't associated with the BBC like drive to the north pole or drive a Ford off a Royal Marine Landing craft in a beach assault.
    the BBC had no special sway on the north pole, the BBC had trouble in some places, such as near the falklands. i bet things would have gone smoother if it was a netflix special. as for the super cars. they will go where they get the most exposure, they dont owe the BBC anything. i think without the BBC tied to their ass things will become much freer for clarkson's new show.

  11. #671
    Registered User Jovec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    314
    Tuconets
    6
    When TG switched cars they invited like 8-10 people to all set some times in the new car on the same day. Presumably they will have enough clout on the new show to do the same so that by the second show they at least have a few times already up for comparison.
    Last edited by Jovec; 07-01-2015 at 01:16 AM.

  12. #672
    Registered User Elurin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    California
    Posts
    5,969
    Tuconets
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovec View Post
    When TG switched cars they invited like 8-10 people to all set some times in the new car on the same day. Presumably they will have enough clout on the new show to do the same so that by the second show they at least have a few times already up for comparison.
    That's different than testing out the super cars.

    laptimes.jpg

  13. #673
    Registered User Palum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    3,068
    Tuconets
    16
    I see nignig there, must be racism I'm sure Clarkson lost three weeks pay for that?

  14. #674
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    35
    Tuconets
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Maester Chuk View Post
    the BBC had no special sway on the north pole, the BBC had trouble in some places, such as near the falklands. i bet things would have gone smoother if it was a netflix special. as for the super cars. they will go where they get the most exposure, they dont owe the BBC anything. i think without the BBC tied to their ass things will become much freer for clarkson's new show.
    The get some of the vehicles from private owners. Like the 3 super car shoot out they were working on that never happened. One of them said we can just go to a certain BinLaden to get them if the manufactures don't want to play ball. Paraphrased of coarse.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •