Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Stigs Amazonian Cousin! (Formerly Top Gear Uk)

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Maester Chuk View Post
    so in order not to bitch i decided to wait a week to watch both episodes back to back like it was a true christmas special. what a great special. i loved every moment. hammond's car did not catch fire even though i was sure that it would like everyone else. grats to James May on discovering the source of the nile. the best part was the river crossing.and holy shit when is africa ever going to discover the 15th century? let alone the 21st?
    actually no, the best part was that colossal douchebag hammond didnt win.
    the holiday specials go in this ordernow.
    South America>North Pole>Vietnam>Africa>Botswana>Middle East>US>India
    I still think the Vietnam episode is the absolute greatest, but it totally sucks ass on Netflix due to them not having the rights for all the music, if you've only seen it on Netflix do yourself a favor and watch it again on DVD or find a torrent.

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaun View Post
    I'm going to wait on the Christmas specials myself.

I must say though, I had some misgivings about this season before it started, but it really has been quite terrific.
    I still enjoy watching the show, but it feels like they are doing less and less as the series get's older. Seems like Season's 5-14 were the best.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekotat View Post
    I still enjoy watching the show, but it feels like they are doing less and less as the series get's older. Seems like Season's 5-14 were the best.
    They used to do two season a year almost every year, with seasons being anywhere from 6-10 episodes. 2012 and 2010 we only got one season though. And they haven't done a season longer than 8 episodes since '07.

That said...GOOD NEWS! Clarkson has confirmed we're getting a summer series this year. They've already filmed a race between a Corolla and a racing yacht for this upcoming series. I imagine it will start in June. So, fuck yes. I also imagine it will NOT feature a big travel special episode. We got them in back to back seasons just now and that is not something they'd usually do. I'm guessing it's because of the longer break, they don't do two of them in a year when they do two seasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erronius View Post
    maybe there is some sort of mutant mandingo sweet-corn hybrid

Tuconots
    YAY

Tuconots
    This is awesome news

Tuconots
    when they had the economic downturn the BBC severely cut their budgets. which is why top gear had limited episodes. i guess it was limit their episodes or have the same number of them but with no budget for fun stuff. with the announcement of their summer series lets hope they are back to their normal budgets.

Tuconots
    It's bullshit their budget is cut considering they're profitable and funding the crap no one watches on the BBC.

Tuconots
    Its not bullshit. On the old boards the article stating as much was linked. Besides, this is one of the most popular shows in the world, do you really think they decided to have less episodes on a whim?

Tuconots
    He means it's shitty that it happened considering they are clearly a net gain for the network, not that it did not happen.

I'm trying to remember if they got a budget increase last season or this season. For some reason I seem to recall that as a story after the initial cut at some point. I mean, the initial cuts were in like '08? I can;t find anything mentioning it going back up though.

Also saw that at the time in '08 the guys had recently gotten raises. Clarkson was signed for 4.2mil a year and Hamster and May were 52 and 42k per episode, respectively. Kind of explains why the other two are so active in making other TV shows over there too.

Tuconots
    Ouch, looks like no christmas special
    http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...al-in-February
    That sucks!

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Engulfing Shadow View Post
    That sucks!
    That post was from December. We just watched the "Christmas" special as the 2 part season finale...

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlokk View Post
    That said...GOOD NEWS! Clarkson has confirmed we're getting a summer series this year. They've already filmed a race between a Corolla and a racing yacht for this upcoming series. I imagine it will start in June.
    Yeah boy, June 30th, 10 days!

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/Top...ack-2013-06-13

Awesome.

Awesome.

And it looks like we're getting a new Reasonably Priced Car, based on this pic. Awesome.

Tuconots
    They need to have a longer season. 6-8 episodes just isn't enough =/ Love me some Topgear UK.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarpolis View Post
    They need to have a longer season. 6-8 episodes just isn't enough =/
    That's how British shows do it typically, apparently. Those 9/10 episode seasons early on were abnormal for those limeys.

BUT! We're getting 2 seasons this year, should come out to 13 or 14 episodes total for one year. Which means 13-14 hours of great TV, way more than most shows manage in a year. Or really, more than ANY other show manages in a year. Everyone else has stinkers=P

Tuconots
    I enjoy their "tour the world" episodes. Like when they had to ride through Iraq and shit going to Bethlehem.

That was a great episode, as was the season finale last year touring Africa.

Tuconots
    they toured africa just a few months ago. but i cant wait and it does in fact look like they are redoing their RPC scores. pretty damned quick since the last time.

Tuconots
    they toured africa just a few months ago. but i cant wait and it does in fact look like they are redoing their RPC scores. pretty damned quick since the last time.
    Saw it confirmed in another teaser article thing.

The Kia got 4ish years and 41 drivers. Lacetti had 5ish years and 57 drivers. Suzuki Liana had 4 years and 65 drivers.

But those are just straight numbers from Wiki, early on they had goofy shit like the blind guy with Clarkson guiding counted. And of course the 2nd and 3rd cars had their numbers pumped up by the 1st episode track days.

It's kind of short, but not crazily so. And the Kia had by far the most big international stars in it.

Tuconots
    Watching the in-show driving, it really LOOKED like Tom Cruise was the fastest. But damn did he get smoked a lot.

I guess his was the most action-packed lap time though.

And I'm one of the few people that actually enjoys the movie with Cameron Diaz that he was in promoting when he did that episode.

Tuconots
    I take all their times with a grain of salt. After they let Jay Kay go 7 times until he had a time that beat Simon Cowell it's pretty clear they're happy to game the system to get someone where they want them. They'll always skew shit to push their own agenda(look up their crooked shit with electric cars they've tested), I just accept that it's not a documentary.
    Last edited by Grimmlokk; 06-22-2013 at 12:01 AM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlokk View Post
    I take all their times with a grain of salt. After they let Jay Kay go 7 times until he had a time that beat Simon Cowell it's pretty clear they're happy to game the system to get someone where they want them. They'll always skew shit to push their own agenda(look up their crooked shit with electric cars they've tested), I just accept that it's not a documentary.
    la la la la la I can't hear you!

Tuconots
    its not coincidence that they usually start off or end a season with a new #1 lap time. could care less, i usually skip their b grade celebs anyway and go right to the laps

Tuconots
    Downloading now, get yo asses to a torrent site.

Tuconots
    Awesome episode. The sheer amount of pure suffering that James May went through on the boat and how much Clarkson abused the fuck out of the rental cars was hilarious.

Tuconots
    Thank fuck this is back on.

Tuconots
    I was really hoping they'd have Jeremy use all his insurance claim cards=P

Great episode. And by far the best level of celebrities on one of their new reasonably priced car track days. I actually recognized almost all of them without any need for them to give names. All except the dude from Genesis and the chick Jeremy liked.

Jimmy Carr fucking rules BTW. When he asked Warwick Davis if he could pick "stuff" up, because he didn't know what superpowers his people had. And Warwick and Hammond's bread chairlift system...Jesus. I was stunned how good his time was.

Tuconots
    yeah great damned episode, the rachel chick was a lot hotter than the younger blonde. that warrick davis line had me rolling. and even he fucked with hammond, i guess he didnt like his pringles clutch. lol.
    im so happy this show is back, best damned show on the BBC and probably the best comedy on tv since the 90s

Tuconots
    There's nothing better as background TV than a good Top Gear marathon. Right now I have BBCA on and it's the episode where they make their own TV show intro built around the Jensen Interceptor. Jeremy's intro of why it maybe never had it's own show...

"It looks fantastic...but it was built very badly by people who didn't seem to care what they were doing."

There's just no show that uses words so effectively and efficiently.

"In the old car the big Chrysler engine turned petrol in to noise, but very little power was produced on the way"

Tuconots
    One thing Jeremy said keeps cracking me up, it's from a few seasons ago.

Where he makes this dumb face with a stupid smirk and goes on and on about how apologetic you can be because you drive a Jaaaaaaaaaaag.

Tuconots
    Haha yeah it reminds me a lot of Ron White talking about one of his relatives obsession with Mercedes Benz.

Tuconots
    Clarkson was on a roll. "Lady towel" and "Prostitute's front door" were both awesome.

Tuconots
    It really rustles my jimmies that BBCA can't be bothered to put accurate air dates on Top Gear episodes. I set my DVR to record new episodes only and I get tons of shit from 5 years ago constantly clogging things up. I had to delete the timer and haven't watched the last couple seasons because of it. Eventually I'll catch up I'm sure but its more effort than should be required.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by foddon View Post
    It really rustles my jimmies that BBCA can't be bothered to put accurate air dates on Top Gear episodes. I set my DVR to record new episodes only and I get tons of shit from 5 years ago constantly clogging things up. I had to delete the timer and haven't watched the last couple seasons because of it. Eventually I'll catch up I'm sure but its more effort than should be required.

You're better off torrenting episodes anyway, BBCA cuts the episodes down to fit an hour time slot with commercials where the actual episodes are ~60 minutes runtime

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadaar View Post
    You're better off torrenting episodes anyway, BBCA cuts the episodes down to fit an hour time slot with commercials where the actual episodes are ~60 minutes runtime
    I cannot imagine wanting to miss a single second of this show. Definitely go with torrenting.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadaar View Post
    Don't think that's correct. The last few seasons on bbca have been 90min long, unless that's changed for this season. I know they have chopped up the 90min specials to fit 60min though.

Tuconots
    yep so a 80ish minute top special is reduced to 40ish minutes in the usa. in other words. never watch a top gear episode on BBCA unless you have already seen it uncut on the net.

Nights Watch
    Tuconots
    i timed the last seasons episodes to see what was cut, I think i mentioned it on page 1 or 2. usually 7-10 minutes of stuff. some good cuts, some poor cuts

It was a big leap from cutting out 30/40 minutes of episode before 2012. back then, you need to torrent the episodes to fully enjoy them. I think they started to air recuts of some older episodes to make them fuller, not sure if thats true though.
    Last edited by geffe71; 07-06-2013 at 03:57 PM.

Tuconots
    i watched their vietnam special last week. it was one hour, with commercials.

Tuconots
    If it was 1 hour with commercials, that means it was roughly 42 minutes without.

However, the "real" Vietnam special ran ~75 minutes long (without commercials). Just so you know.

EDIT: Ok, That special is actually Season 12, Episode 08. My rip is 1:13:36 without commercials.
    Last edited by Xarpolis; 07-06-2013 at 09:48 PM.

Tuconots
    If you're not torrenting these episodes (or you live in Englandland); you're doing it wrong.

Tuconots
    Yeah, I need to go ahead and download the last couple of seasons. A lot of catching up to do.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by foddon View Post
    Yeah, I need to go ahead and download the last couple of seasons. A lot of catching up to do.
    They have been great, you are in for a treat. Marathon watching those for the first time would be an overload of awesome.

Tuconots
    when you have finished with those. start looking for the Top Gear DVD rips. some of them are awesome.

Tuconots
    Torrent is up IPT for 20x02

Tuconots
    Any of you able to share an invite to IPT? I've been using eztv.it for all of my TV torrents as of late, and they don't have the new ep up yet.

Tuconots
    just use finalgear.com it's the best and most reliable place for all seasons.

edit: .com

Tuconots

Tuconots
    Jezza bought a girls bike >_<

Tuconots
    God damn, my sides still hurt from laughing so hard at the Taxi segment. That was just ridiculous and awesome.

Tuconots
    Any of you able to share an invite to IPT? I've been using eztv.it for all of my TV torrents as of late, and they don't have the new ep up yet.
    dude!
    http://board.dailyflix.net/index.php...2%80%93/page-2

Tuconots
    Abused my mod powers to find your registration e-mail and sent one.

Tuconots
    And I appreciated that. Thanks Grimm.

Tuconots
    South African taxi should've won. I've lived there for a while and those things are crazy. All in all good episode, loved the F12 to bits.

Tuconots
    I always love when they use the crucible of motor sports, even if they seem to get more and more scripted every time. That limo drifting was rad.

Tuconots
    i got a huge kick out of when clarkson, says, "guys did you know ron howard was richie cunningham in happy days??". the guy has directed many critically claimed and commercially successful films but on his gravestone they will still say. "was richie cunningham in happy days". and his lap, if he didnt brake at every turn he might not have been the second slowest lap.

Tuconots
    He really has fallen apart. God damn does he look terrible. Almost like a grounds keeper in some scary movie.

Nights Watch
    Tuconots
    Cut from Episode 1: continuation of the pothole story through the speed cameras in the News portion, minor esthetic cuts. probably 3-4 minutes. Getting better from last years, they bumped it up to hour and a half with commercials. Can not complain about the episode. I will see how Episode 2 fairs next week and decide wether to watch it in HD or on my computer

Tuconots
    i left you some HD links. but nobody likes streaming , everything is "i want a torrent".

Tuconots
    Yeah, just watched BBCA version from Monday, was 90 min and quite enjoyable.

Jimmy Carr busting up the car and asking Warrick Davis to lift it up 'cause "You people have super powers, right?", fantastic

Tuconots
    man that was a shame how fucked up spains economy seems to be, visited there a lot in the early 2000s and it was such a fun and beautiful place. Had to be some exaggerations there though, there is no way the highways closer to madrid were that empty.

Tuconots
    Good episode. Proper Top Gear again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rack-ruin.html

Derelict: Ciudad Real's Airport was supposed to be a symbol of modern Spain, but is now being left to rack and ruin
    Irony

Still not dead yet, again Lightning Lord Rule's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Holy fuck that hovercraft on the river shit was funny, they couldn't have pissed more people off unless maybe they painted a giant trollface on the side of it.

Tuconots
    i was laughing so hard i think i hurt something internal.
    i wonder if they could use that uber fan to make the van go faster on land. i was hoping they would give it a try.

Tuconots
    "The river Penis"

Tuconots
    I'll just leave this here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuconots

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Iadien View Post
    wish i could send you more nets than just the one.

Tuconots
    Yeah, it's amazing. haha

Only real issue with it is that the addon will cause your homepage to load slowly when you first start up firefox (for whatever reason it will take a few extra seconds to load the homepage initially).

Tuconots
    you can pretty much DL every episode ever from www.finalgear.com also 5th gear and i don't know why you'd want to but top gear USA as well.

Tuconots
    I give him one for you.

Tuconots
    steven tyler confirmed douche bag . dude owns the fastest car in the world and drives like an old fucking lady(looks like one too).

that plastic lambo is insane. i love the red accents on the front, when it went round the track i thought they sped up the film it was so fucking fast.

Tuconots
    F that hyper car, Caravan destruction was epic, watched that part three times, James laughing his ass off was good times but man are they getting old. Going to be sad day when they just can't continue, and that day seems to be rapidly approaching.

Tuconots
    that plastic lambo is insane. i love the red accents on the front, when it went round the track i thought they sped up the film it was so fucking fast.
    Seriously. That thing was fucking awesome. I wish I could drive one. I wonder what made it non-street legal?

Tuconots
    Probably due to its drastic weight reduction they removed all mandatory safety items such as airbags and they probably didnt include basics like turn signals. Christ, it didnt even have a paint job or friggin seats.

Tuconots
    Finished the episode. You shouldn't be surprised about Steven Tyler. He literally looks like a grandmother.

Tuconots
    lol, yeah man, dude must have the same plastic surgeon as Michael Jackson and Jack Napier.

Tuconots
    Great classic style episode.

Love that "old" 911. I love all those style cars they've shown. The fake E-Type they mentioned and the Jensen Interceptor from a couple years ago were both also great.

Tuconots
    I kind of understood caravaners to be families who take those attached RVs out once a year on holiday, but there isn't really an equivalent lifestyle in the US, is there? Especially with that focus on recycling and buying boring SUVs and going to Home Depot all the time. You don't see a lot of attached RVs here in the US, its always those big giant self driving ones which admittedly are pretty fucking awesome, but they are like 90% old people always driving to Alaska for some reason.

Tuconots
    US has plenty of RV freaks, we just don't have a show totally focused on hating them and making them look like ridiculous stupid swingers=P

I believe someone mentioned before that the ratio there is higher too, so with tighter/fewer roads they are more annoying.

Tuconots
    It must be popular because there 2 separate cable tv shows that focus on luxury RVs. Its usually a few retirees who blow their life savings on a 400 k rolling motel 6. Fucking things are enormous road monsters.

Tuconots
    Damn, the ending of episode 6 was damn impressive. National pride is something that always makes me feel warm and fuzzy (even if I'm not a Brit).

Tuconots
    I agree... The ending was phenomenal and got me a little emotional as my family is from Sevenoaks. It was incredibly well done I would say!

Tuconots
    We reckon it was because immediately after TopGear, the BBC had an all pro German love affair documentary on the rise of the German post war car industry and the fall of the British. A lot of counter points thrown between the 2 programs.

Tuconots
    i saw the german show before i watched this one. the IPLAYER waited til later to upload the Top Gear episode for some reason. was interesting watching all those cars show up and wondering how many are actually owned by Britain. good episode though. when does top gear come back on? February again?

Tuconots
    I loved the ending, but apparently a lot of Brits did not=P They dislike the horn tooting I guess. Stuffy fucks.

I didn't love how he closed the F-Type review. "It rides for shit, just drive fast!". Plus they didn't do a lap, guessing they'll do that with the big V8 version next season though.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatorade View Post
    Going to be sad day when they just can't continue, and that day seems to be rapidly approaching.
    Ham is 43, May is 50, and Jezza is 53. They'll be on until Clarkson's teeth fall out (2-3 more years).

Tuconots
    nah jezza has about a good ten more years still in him. dont go by his appearance, he is a weird looking man, always has been. watch some of his old shows from the 90s.

Tuconots
    And it looks like both Ham & May are worth 15 million, where as Clarkson is 50 mil. Not bad.

Nights Watch
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Elurin View Post
    Seriously. That thing was fucking awesome. I wish I could drive one. I wonder what made it non-street legal?
    No real seats, no real dash (odometer, speedometer, tachometer), no real windshield,no airbags, might have been too light, may not be able to pass emissions, no typical steering wheel.

Basically is sounds like a Lambo version of a Nascar car, but can go faster
    Last edited by geffe71; 08-08-2013 at 02:08 AM.

Tuconots
    That ending almost seemed like a show finale.

Tuconots
    Has there been any word on a Christmas special?

Tuconots
    Clarkson and Hammond were spotted filming in France, assumed for season 21.

OK token news out of the way: I had my fantasy football draft today. I drank a lot. Then I went home and passed out on the couch. Awesome story, right? Well I woke up strangely energized at 3am and turned on the TV. Happened to be on BBCA and in the first 5 minutes of the Vietnam special.

Holy tits, that is the best hour of television ever filmed. Funnier than their other epic specials(both Africa ones, Bolivia one), unique because they went on the bikes, and still epic as fuck.

God..them acting so earnest about the "gifts" from each other...Clarkson taking the license test...Clarkson crashing...Hammond's pink bike...their custom made suits...their modified floating bikes...the BORN IN THE USA back up bike...

Just stupidly good TV.

Unrelated, US Top Gear starts back up tomorrow apparently. It's....just don't fucking compare it to real Top Gear and it's an acceptably mediocre TV show....guh. Maybe I'll just watch the Vietnam special again every week when I'd otherwise watch the US show.

Tuconots
    From Clarkson's twitter.

"Filming in Warsaw and more proof that Hammond is a true American."

Tuconots
    i wish this show was on 52 weeks a year.

Tuconots
    Aunt and Uncle have been on a vacation in Europe for a weeks. Uncle is kind of a car nut. They were in a town in the South of France and got to see the Top Gear boys shooting a segment. I'm so beyond jelly.

Tuconots
    Hammond needs to come to the US and show the retards on the US version of Top Gear what to do.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by McFly View Post
    Hammond needs to come to the US and show the retards on the US version of Top Gear what to do.
    The shows are completely unrelated besides the title at this point. US one is a mediocre sitcom with cool cars. The acting is so bad, they don't even put any effort in to pretending any of it is real at this point.

Tuconots
    i cant believe US Top Gear hasnt been cancelled yet. i watched a few from last season and gave it up for good. i have to imagine BBCAmerica kicked their ass in ratings when they aired the 2 week old UK Top Gears.

Tuconots
    Dying girl wanted to ride in a pink Aventador with Richard Hammond. Lamborghini obliged.

Tuconots
    A new special is out, i havent seen it yet. that is soon to be corrected.
    Top Gear: The Perfect Road Trip
    Top Gear (UK) (2002€“ ) - Page 3 - Reality TV, Talk Shows and Award Shows - DailyFlix

Tuconots
    Thanks for the heads up, going to find this in torrentland ASAP!

Tuconots
    I saw this special on Wednesday. It was pretty entertaining. Lots of May hate, but it's expected. The scenery as they drive around Italy is beyond gorgeous. I love those lakes. The finale wasn't... well, it was a bit of a cop out, but I guess they do that from time to time. Still a good episode none the less.

Thread Information