Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Stigs Amazonian Cousin! (Formerly Top Gear Uk)

Tuconots

The Stigs Amazonian Cousin! (Formerly Top Gear Uk)

Ouch, looks like no christmas special
    http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...al-in-February

THE Top Gear Christmas special will go out a little late this year, it was revealed last night.

The show will be broadcast in February, according to presenter James May, who also confirmed the next series will be six episodes rather than eight.

Top Gear specials have been the centrepiece of the past four Christmases on BBC2.

May, who hosts the show with Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond, said: “It’s actually now a Winter Special in a very hot country. The reason is that it is part of the next series, our January/February one, which is quite a short one. We weren’t able to film it until quite late in the year and there is a lot of editing putting it together.

“We would be rushing it a bit if we got it out before Christmas. We were already calling it ‘Top Gear’s February Christmas Special’.

“At least we’ve avoided clashing with X Factor and I’m A Celebrity... There’s no point tearing your audience apart by dividing them.”
    Last edited by Astr0Chuk; 12-08-2012 at 04:54 AM.

The bird says no
    Tuconots
    Well that bites. Short season on top of that too.

Tuconots
    Son of a bitch. Fucking Simon Cowell.

Tuconots
    God damn it. I was looking forward to the 8 episode season. So is it special plus 6 episodes now? The wording is sort of ambiguous, where May says it's "part of the season". Really suck if it' just considered one of the 6 episodes.

Tuconots
    on the plus side, they did come out with a pretty sweet DVD doc this year. Top Gear: The Worst Car in The World.

Tuconots
    I watched the Bolivia episode the other day. I do not usually watch Top Gear so I do not know if that was a new episode or an old one, but it was brilliant.

Tuconots
    It's a few years old, but one of my favorites.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Maester Chuk View Post
    on the plus side, they did come out with a pretty sweet DVD doc this year. Top Gear: The Worst Car in The World.
    Thanks for the reminder, forgot about this one.

Anyone watch the Bond cars one? Worth a watch? I haven't watched too many of their DVD specials, but I liked the Carpocalypse one.

Tuconots
    I'm one of the only people in my circle of friends that doesn't watch this show. I've never been a car guy, so I figured there would be nothing interesting for me. A friend made me sit down and watch the episode where they drive around South America in cars they bought online, and it was pretty great. Are most of the episodes like this?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddite View Post
    Are most of the episodes like this?
    Not most, they do 1-2 specials per season usually in that vein. Most episodes are in studio, few car reviews and some kind of challenge. Similar to the specials but smaller scale. It's funny, watch more. Watch this "review" thing, if you don't want to watch more the problem is with you not the show.

Just watched the worst car dvd special, pretty great. The way it devolves in to them shitting on each other's favorite cars was outstanding.

Tuconots
    The stone lions and the booties almost had me in tears

Tuconots
    The lion's smirk! That was amazing.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddite View Post
    I'm one of the only people in my circle of friends that doesn't watch this show. I've never been a car guy, so I figured there would be nothing interesting for me. A friend made me sit down and watch the episode where they drive around South America in cars they bought online, and it was pretty great. Are most of the episodes like this?
    Cars are tools they use for skits, but this show is nothing more then a Comedy. You don't need to "get" cars to laugh at their antics.

60 Minutes story on Top Gear
    Last edited by brekk; 12-15-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Tuconots
    Wasn't there some speculation a few years ago that BBC was trying to kill off the show? I know they had their budget significantly slashed a while back. But they still put out a quality series (and have since). I know their ratings are awesome, but I wonder if they actually make the BBC enough money to recoup what they spend on it.

It sounds crazy, but maybe by cutting down the number of episodes per series, they're either trying to kill or save the show (kill by getting less, save by spending less).

Tuconots
    i thought they rotate each year. one year we get 8 the next we get 6?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Elurin View Post
    Wasn't there some speculation a few years ago that BBC was trying to kill off the show? I know they had their budget significantly slashed a while back. But they still put out a quality series (and have since). I know their ratings are awesome, but I wonder if they actually make the BBC enough money to recoup what they spend on it.

It sounds crazy, but maybe by cutting down the number of episodes per series, they're either trying to kill or save the show (kill by getting less, save by spending less).
    The BBC is not allowed to show adverts. Shows do not really make them money (only with merchandising). With the BBC it is just a case of whether they think the show is worth the cost.

Tuconots
    Love this one, Robin Reliant Space Shuttle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&h...&v=_b4WzWFKQ20

Tuconots
    "Top Gear: Our Worst DVD But We Need To Do Something" was what it felt like to me. Even the Bond special felt kind of rubbish. I miss the big destination specials. Everything now feels like they are spoofing themselves from during the classic years, as if they've lost their passion now that they all do their own things.

Tuconots
    I just don't understand how they are now making less episodes with more money. I miss the 10-14 episode seasons.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel View Post
    "Top Gear: Our Worst DVD But We Need To Do Something" was what it felt like to me. Even the Bond special felt kind of rubbish. I miss the big destination specials. Everything now feels like they are spoofing themselves from during the classic years, as if they've lost their passion now that they all do their own things.
    You're comparing DVD specials with the actual TV show specials. I don't think any of the DVDs have ever been anything like the show specials where they travel the globe. They pick a subject or pretense and use it to show some car stuff. Usually with only 2 of the presenters.

I liked the worst car one. But if you come in to a DVD expecting the full on show you will be disappointed.

Tuconots
    i would rather just get the extended/directors cut dvds of the tv show specials. sadly looks like they have gone away from making them.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by goatface View Post
    i would rather just get the extended/directors cut dvds of the tv show specials. sadly looks like they have gone away from making them.
    They said once they cut almost nothing, so there really wouldn't be anything special. They don't have the budget to shoot stuff they're not gonna use.

So, starts up Sunday(27th). Wiki summary of the first episode. These aren't always accurate previews though.

Jeremy attempts to build a car that’s even smaller than the Peel P50. • James road tests the new 205mph Bentley Continental GT Speed by taking it out on a British Rally stage. • Richard is out on the test track in the new Pagani Huayra.
    And full season hints/preview stuff.

• An Africa special which will see the boys drive used estate cars they bought online for 1,500 (BMW 5-Series Touring, a Volvo 850 T5-R, and a Subaru WRX).
    • A USA special coming which will feature the SRT Viper, Lexus LFA, and an Aston Martin Vanquish.
    • Jeremy commissions students taking Coventry University automotive design to make him a car that's even smaller than the Peel P50 he drove a few years ago.
    • James attempts to turn a Bentley Continental GT into a rally car
    • A Road Trip: Shelby Mustang GT500 versus a train
    • The boys redesign a Fiat Multipla to make it into the ultimate car for old people
    • Car rugby with Kia Cee'ds
    • Road tests of the Toyota GT86, Pagani Huayra, Ferrari F12, Lotus Exige V6 S and a hot hatch battle (Ford Focus ST, Renault Megane RenaultSport Cup 265, and Vauxhall Astra VXR).[/list]

Tuconots
    Booooo! I want a test of the Koenigsegg Agera R.

Tuconots
    Looking forward to seeing the F12 in action and see james turning a small boat into a rally car.

Tuconots
    What a pleasant surprise. Thought this was starting in february

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by brekk View Post
    Booooo! I want a test of the Koenigsegg Agera R.
    Yeah I don't know how long ago everything was filmed, I get the impression it was a much longer break between filming a lot of the bits and the actual air dates than usual. They might still get the thing on the track, there's no full synopsis of every season or anything yet. If nothing else I'm excited they got the new Pagani right away.

Tuconots
    Up on the usual sites.

Tuconots
    New Pagani is insane. Never thought the Atom V8 would be beaten.

Also, this.

This is the Bentley as they returned it to the factory, driven straight from the race track. From the official Bentley twitter thing.

Last edited by Grimmlokk; 01-28-2013 at 11:08 AM.

Tuconots
    You have to wonder what kind of insane insurane the BBC must have for this show, or do they make the manufactures sign a "Yes, I've seen the show before an it is possible our $100,000+ car may be driven on a track by assholes acting like wankers and turned into a horrible heap of nothing."

Though honestly, now that I'm thinking about it, aside from maybe a swipe of the tire wall or two, I can't recall anything really horrible happening to any of the nice cars. It is only the cheap ones they seriously abuse.

Maybe it is just a terrible comment on my personality that I see them driving around $100,000+ cars and think "Fuck, who would let them borrow that car and how much must the insurance be to cover them if they wreck it!" before I think "Gwooorr, that is sexy."

Tuconots

Tuconots
    Ugh, I need to get caught up on Top Gear...I've not watched it in ages. I'm feeling left out.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhaun View Post
    You have to wonder what kind of insane insurane the BBC must have for this show, or do they make the manufactures sign a "Yes, I've seen the show before an it is possible our $100,000+ car may be driven on a track by assholes acting like wankers and turned into a horrible heap of nothing."

Though honestly, now that I'm thinking about it, aside from maybe a swipe of the tire wall or two, I can't recall anything really horrible happening to any of the nice cars. It is only the cheap ones they seriously abuse.

Maybe it is just a terrible comment on my personality that I see them driving around $100,000+ cars and think "Fuck, who would let them borrow that car and how much must the insurance be to cover them if they wreck it!" before I think "Gwooorr, that is sexy."

they have mechanically fucked up quite a few super cars. the tires alone on some of them cost like 10k pounds each.

i loved the shit out of this week's episode, although where as i think jeremy was over exaggerating how scared he was driving that crapcar, May looked like he was having a really bad time in that bentley during the rallycar lap. worse than the time he got fucked up in that speedboat race.

Tuconots
    I haven't seen season 2 of Homeland yet, so when Damien Lewis came out and started talking about it, I had to skip the interview instantly.

Tuconots
    they have mechanically fucked up quite a few super cars. the tires alone on some of them cost like 10k pounds each.
    The episode with the 959 and F40 comes to mind. For all things Top Gear you should should check out Finalgear.com

Still not dead yet, again Lightning Lord Rule's Avatar
    Tuconots
    The time the Pagani put down was mind blowing. The Atom V8 was more than a second ahead of the McLaren, and the Pagani beat THAT time by more than a second. Totally nuts.

And the mini car thing at the end had me laughing, you could see the judges at the end trying to hold a straight face a lot.

Looks like this will be a really solid season.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeVonRoy View Post
    The episode with the 959 and F40 comes to mind. For all things Top Gear you should should check out Finalgear.com
    I always thought that was a joke/excuse to get out of doing some hard laps with them, may have to watch again though been ages since i've seen it. As far as insurance goes, most of the newer stuff they drive are all media cars probably, so no more chance of they doing any harm than all the other magazines/car shows.

Wow did not expect the pagani to be that fast, that one might actually stay at the top for awhile like the ascari did. Nice to see the guys back even though 6-7 episode seasons might be they way of the future.

Tuconots
    Burnout penis was A+ would watch again.

Tuconots
    Where are you guys watching this, online?

I thought my DVR was set for the new episodes on BBC America, but haven't seen it picked up yet.

Ah, Ok, Mondays is when they show new episodes on BBC America, so tomorrow night!

Tuconots
    The Aston looked fucking amazing, lexus also. The Viper looked absolute shit compared to both of them.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhaun View Post
    Where are you guys watching this, online?

I thought my DVR was set for the new episodes on BBC America, but haven't seen it picked up yet.

Ah, Ok, Mondays is when they show new episodes on BBC America, so tomorrow night!
    You can go get a rip from Finalgear.com

Tuconots
    I fucking love it when they come to 'Murica.

I've never been an Astin fan, but holy damn that Astin Martin was as good as I've seen a car look.

Tuconots
    its too bad the viper was shit, though for its price you really get a lot of car. the astin was fucking incredible. i liked their "creative editing" while driving 55. did anyone else catch the jack bauer reference at the end when hammond walked across the border to mexico with his manpurse?

Tuconots
    its too bad the viper was shit, though for its price you really get a lot of car. the astin was fucking incredible. i liked their "creative editing" while driving 55. did anyone else catch the jack bauer reference at the end when hammond walked across the border to mexico with his manpurse?
    It was an odd selection of cars because of the price difference between them. The Lexus had the tech and looked pretty good, but at 340,000 UK pounds, if you could afford it, you could probably afford something nicer. The Aston looks gorgeous but at 190,000 pounds it only looks cheap compared to the Lexus, and costs more than twice as much as the Viper. The Viper made sense in the US setting, but it would have made more sense to compare it with cars whose price was at least in the same ballpark, say like a Nissan GT-R.

Tuconots
    i liked the hammond car sabotage.

Tuconots
    Man, they were seriously like an hour away from here. I doubt they allow the public near them when they're filming (outside of the open road stuff), but I would've loved to have seen it.

Tuconots
    Echoing everyone else, the Aston was just fucking *gorgeous*. The Viper was so terribly plain and drab in comparison. Honestly I don't think the Lexus was anywhere near as sexy as the Aston either, it looked "cool," but it just didn't have that pure beauty that the Aston did.

Also the modified police vehicles were just hilarious as hell.
    Last edited by Sean; 02-04-2013 at 02:25 PM.

Tuconots
    Beat the meat!

Tuconots
    I laughed when May said, "Oh look, there's a drive through dentist, Hammond will have to stop there."

Tuconots
    They've done this to US cars before. The one test was a Chrysler 300, the one Aussie drift car they love, and some Jag that was 2-3x the cost of either. Shit is silly. But I guess there's no great direct comparison here. The new Vette isn't out yet and they already did(and loved) the previous generation ZR-1. I'm not sure if stuff like the Hennessey Venom or SSC Aero would fit in, they're more in the Pagani/Koenigsegg class of hypercars.

The Lexus isn't the prettiest car(it's not ugly, it's just sitting next to the Astin), but it's like the GT-R in that it's just absolutely amazing to drive apparently. They loved it before and really the only complaint was the fact it's a Lexus.

Dickskids were amazing. And it was one of the more tense final races they've done even if it is all planned out.

I do hope they get to fuck around with the SSC or Hennessey eventually. I guess both are a couple years old, but the new SSC Tuatara is supposed to best the Veyron SS so I hope they get that when it's out.
    Last edited by Grimmlokk; 02-06-2013 at 08:58 AM.

Tuconots
    that irish chick's accent is so fucking hot

Tuconots
    She is Scottish... like her accent.
    Liked the show yesterday - that SS is a beastly looking car. In Europe it's probably well over 50k EUR - shame.

Anyway - why would they test a Hennessey or a SSC, let alone pit it against a Veyron? They are kit cars, built in a shed.
    They happen to go fast but neither of them are nowhere near the achievement that the Veyron is.

Tuconots
    scottish, irish, whateverish, shes fucking hot and her voice is goddamned sexy.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Empala View Post
    Anyway - why would they test a Hennessey or a SSC, let alone pit it against a Veyron? They are kit cars, built in a shed.
    They happen to go fast but neither of them are nowhere near the achievement that the Veyron is.
    Because they test stuff like that sometimes and it would be entertaining. Stuff like the Gumpert or the Noble they made jokes about it while testing them. Of course they make more sense for the show since they're made in English sheds. EDIT: Gumpert is German, I might be thinking of the Ascari. Or just wrong, equally likely.

Good episode, I didn't realize how long it had been since they'd done this style of Europe crossing race. Something I didn't realize I missed so much.

Jeremy has been great this season. I mean, he's great every season, but especially so this season so far.
    Last edited by Grimmlokk; 02-11-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Tuconots
    i had thought that jeremy was going to hatch a secret plot with may to fuck over hammond so he loses again. hammond is such a prick when he wins anything.

Tuconots
    Loved May pulling out the bike. And loved Hammond winning just because he doesn't like soccer but he wanted to beat the other two.

The part with Jeremy listing the awful features of Mustang lovers and then it cuts to May/Hammond and his cheese when he answers that he does indeed own a Mustang. So good.

Tuconots
    Only thing I'm disappointed with this season so far is that they're not track testing enough stuff. They should have handed the Stig the GT500, the Vanquish, the Viper, hell even the LFA for a lap in the dry.

Also, the easiest way to counter all the UK flag waving over european cars is to remind the Brits that at least we still make cars in the USA.

-Rolls Royce - German owned.
    -Bentley - German owned.
    -Jaguar - Indian owned.
    -Aston Martin - Owned by Ford for a while, now shared by several owners, apparently.
    -Land Rover - Indian owned.
    -MG - Chinese owned.
    -Lotus - Malaysian owned.
    -MINI - German owned.
    -Vauxhall - American owned.

I find that kind of sad though, since I wish the Brits were still doing things well enough to have their own marques back. Maybe some day.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlokk View Post
    They've done this to US cars before. The one test was a Chrysler 300, the one Aussie drift car they love, and some Jag that was 2-3x the cost of either. Shit is silly. But I guess there's no great direct comparison here. The new Vette isn't out yet and they already did(and loved) the previous generation ZR-1. I'm not sure if stuff like the Hennessey Venom or SSC Aero would fit in, they're more in the Pagani/Koenigsegg class of hypercars.

The Lexus isn't the prettiest car(it's not ugly, it's just sitting next to the Astin), but it's like the GT-R in that it's just absolutely amazing to drive apparently. They loved it before and really the only complaint was the fact it's a Lexus.

Dickskids were amazing. And it was one of the more tense final races they've done even if it is all planned out.

I do hope they get to fuck around with the SSC or Hennessey eventually. I guess both are a couple years old, but the new SSC Tuatara is supposed to best the Veyron SS so I hope they get that when it's out.
    Will it really beat the Veyron though? Speed aside, the Veyron by all accounts is pure luxary inside and fully loaded with equipment, which is part of what makes it so fantastic. Honestly with how poor American cars are refined, I highly doubt it will be as spectacular.

Tuconots
    Oh it won't be the amazing thing the Veyron was, just higher top speed. Just like their last car was until they made the SS version.

I've never read reviews or anything on the refinement of the SSC Aero. I don't really hunt that stuff down I just wait for the fellas to tell me how bad it is.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Lord Rule View Post
    Only thing I'm disappointed with this season so far is that they're not track testing enough stuff. They should have handed the Stig the GT500, the Vanquish, the Viper, hell even the LFA for a lap in the dry.

Also, the easiest way to counter all the UK flag waving over european cars is to remind the Brits that at least we still make cars in the USA.

-Rolls Royce - German owned.
    -Bentley - German owned.
    -Jaguar - Indian owned.
    -Aston Martin - Owned by Ford for a while, now shared by several owners, apparently.
    -Land Rover - Indian owned.
    -MG - Chinese owned.
    -Lotus - Malaysian owned.
    -MINI - German owned.
    -Vauxhall - American owned.

I find that kind of sad though, since I wish the Brits were still doing things well enough to have their own marques back. Maybe some day.
    Well we do make cars in the UK it's just by and large we just don't own the companies involved That's a long story though...

There are some UK owned companies still, McLaren may be the best known. Morgan and Caterham are as well I think. Noble are or were, but I'm not sure they make any cars now. None of them make many cars.

Nights Watch
    Tuconots
    Surprised they still cut shit out and edit for the US broadcast. They said they were going to cut down on that stuff, which they did, but but they could have edited it better to cut other stuff and not parts of the interviews/news/challenges. watched the UK cut and the US cut synced and estimate about 7 minutes cut

Tuconots
    BBCA is ass. i only watch that shit for old kitchen nightmares episodes from Fox because they can curse a little bit and only bleep out the fucks.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by geffe71 View Post
    Surprised they still cut shit out and edit for the US broadcast. They said they were going to cut down on that stuff, which they did, but but they could have edited it better to cut other stuff and not parts of the interviews/news/challenges. watched the UK cut and the US cut synced and estimate about 7 minutes cut
    The UK version is not designed around commercial breaks since it is on BBC (no adverts), so they probably need to edit it to make room for commercials.

Tuconots
    They should just cut out the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car to make room for commercials. I don't give a fuck what some Brit celebrity thinks about anything.

Nights Watch
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Flank View Post
    The UK version is not designed around commercial breaks since it is on BBC (no adverts), so they probably need to edit it to make room for commercials.
    I am fully aware of that. They were cutting 30+ minutes an episode a few years ago to accommodate commercials and be under 59 minutes. Then they went to the 1hr 20min episodes saying that they would cut next to nothing or just filler to accommodate the commercials. I have no quarrel with them editing or cutting stuff (they still keep all the pertinent, couldn't say that before), but if they are doing the 1hr 20min episode, tack on the last ten minutes to make it hour and a half or cut filler to make it and hour and a quarter.

i still enjoy the show but it is a little pet peeve

Nights Watch
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlokk View Post
    They should just cut out the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car to make room for commercials. I don't give a fuck what some Brit celebrity thinks about anything.
    I enjoy some of those segments, it depends on the star. If its a boring person, I usually fast forward.

Tuconots
    I watch it and sometimes enjoy it, but if something has to be cut for commercials it's the obvious choice to me.

Tuconots
    I wouldn't want a single second of this show cut, glad I download the full UK torrents of it.

Also if I skipped the Star in a Reasonably Priced Car segment I'd have missed out on the glorious Scottish Fap-Mats of this last episode.

Nights Watch
    Tuconots
    Any attractive Scottish chick with a nice voice is a winner. The Dewars commercials give me pants tent every time. Karen Gillan is a perfect example of hot Scot

Tuconots
    If I had the cash id move to scotland and become a citizen. Everything out of there is awesome

Tuconots
    Their conversation about hand brake turns was amazing. Just all the stories of their youth and using it to drop panties. "I'd already warmed her up with some rally driving."

Tuconots
    This was an awesome episode. I'll just say it... Top Gear UK = one of the best shows ever.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by McFly View Post
    This was an awesome episode. I'll just say it... Top Gear UK = one of the best shows ever.
    So brave!

But yeah, great episode start to finish. Classic Top Gear. People get so hung up on the specials and big trip episodes they ignore how great it can be when it's just the guys talking cars and reviewing them. With the help of Matt LeBlanc, Eric Clapton, and Bruce Willis....

Also, I'll be using "terrible rubbish" in conversation now. Also also, every time they refer to it as "horsepowerS" or "torqueS" an angel gets it's wings.

Tuconots
    this was indeed a classic episode. it even exceded an hour. that mexicant car is a piece of shit as it is. maybe in a few years it wont suck. i do like that new Kia Ce'ed. do we get a US version?

Tuconots
    It's basically the same car as a Kia Forte.

Tuconots
    Same size, not much else is shared.

Tuconots
    Why the hell would you watch this on television and not download it?

Tuconots
    The rugby match was awesome. I bet they had a hell of a lot of fun doing it.

Tuconots
    My panties got wet just now when they announced the christmas special is going to span 2 episodes.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Itzena View Post
    Same size, not much else is shared.
    No, but there is much speculation that the 2014 kia forte would be updated/refreshed to be more inline with it.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinkle View Post
    My panties got wet just now when they announced the christmas special is going to span 2 episodes.
    the christmas special is usually a feature length episode, not broken up into 2 episodes to milk the shortened season.
    color me unimpressed with this stunt.

Tuconots
    the christmas special is usually a feature length episode, not broken up into 2 episodes to milk the shortened season.
    color me unimpressed with this stunt.
    We get one more episode of Top Gear than we were supposed to, color me not an asshole because it makes me happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erronius View Post
    maybe there is some sort of mutant mandingo sweet-corn hybrid

Tuconots
    if you had the choice of watching the full episode over watching the episode broken up over 2 weeks you would pick the 2 week deal?

Tuconots
    2 episodes. 120 minutes > 60.

But if you are crying that they're not showing both at once, well obviously you are. It's how you roll.

Tuconots
    You do realize this is their christmas special they fractured and not a regular episode, right?

Also its hardly crying because im not impressed they broke up their christmas special. if you're fine waiting two weeks to finish it. Then good for you. I didnt even mention how great it is they released their christmas special in march.
    Last edited by Astr0Chuk; 02-28-2013 at 12:21 AM.

Tuconots
    How about you just wait until Christmas to watch both episodes back to back and stop shitting up this thread with your incessant faggotry?

Thanks.

Tuconots
    Lol my apologies to the OP for being unimpressed.

Tuconots
    Looking foward to the Africa special

Tuconots
    That was amazing so far, lots of funny moments and bit of drama as well. Driving in Africa, especially those countries, is truely an experience.

Tuconots
    Top gear is so epic.

Tuconots
    I couldn't really tell, were they have supposed to stay in that traffic jam the entire night? They seemed rather refreshed in the morning. Whereas after the night in the "hotel," they (especially James) really looked like shit.

Tuconots
    They were supposed to have, yes. I'm sure in reality some crew member got to man the cars while they slept somewhere. Don't care, episode was fantastic. Hammond on the mud road was having the time of his life. If the second half lives up to the first this will be right up there with the Borneo and Vietnam trips, and maybe set a precedent for two part specials. God knows they have plenty of content.

Tuconots
    I was actually amazed what they did with the interior of their cars, pretty sick job all around. Although as soon as I saw the gas stove in Hammond's... well, we all know how that usually ends. I'm sure it'll come next episode.

Tuconots
    I was thinking something would have already. Towards the end where Hammond was cooking and Jeremy was looking at the map in the rain before calling them over, they did a close up shot of the stove with kettle sitting there unattended. I thought for sure the next shot after them talking was going to be Hammond's car on fire.

Tuconots
    The Vietnam trip is my all time favorite Top Gear episode (with the North Pole special a close second).

This one is turning out to be right up there. Can't wait for part two!

Tuconots
    Vietnam and South Pole are two of the best. I think the Bolivia special was my favorite.

Fucking pumped for part 2 this weekend.

Tuconots
    North pole, its mighty hard to drive to the south pole.

Tuconots
    That autonomous military truck James raced in the previous episode was pretty amazing and scary at the same time.

Tuconots
    so in order not to bitch i decided to wait a week to watch both episodes back to back like it was a true christmas special. what a great special. i loved every moment. hammond's car did not catch fire even though i was sure that it would like everyone else. grats to James May on discovering the source of the nile. the best part was the river crossing.and holy shit when is africa ever going to discover the 15th century? let alone the 21st?
    actually no, the best part was that colossal douchebag hammond didnt win.
    the holiday specials go in this ordernow.
    South America>North Pole>Vietnam>Africa>Botswana>Middle East>US>India

Tuconots
    The raft and every single thing Clarkson said and did during that sequence was great.

"Yesss, I'm ashore."

Tuconots
    I'm going to wait on the Christmas specials myself.

I must say though, I had some misgivings about this season before it started, but it really has been quite terrific.

Thread Information