Page 1 of 221 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: World of Warcraft - Legion - 8/30/16

Tuconots

World of Warcraft - Legion - 8/30/16

Does anyone have any UI recommendations at all? I tried Tuk UI and I like it but it's a little too bare bones for me.
    Last edited by Araxen; 12-07-2012 at 02:41 AM.

MAKE EARTH EXTINCT AGAIN! Abefroman's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Haven't played in about a year but I loved Elvui. It's a modded version of tukui with more features.

http://www.tukui.org/forums/forum.php?id=84

Tuconots
    I'll have to try that, all I do is use bartender to clear out most things could use better UI

MAKE EARTH EXTINCT AGAIN! Abefroman's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Kovaks View Post
    I'll have to try that, all I do is use bartender to clear out most things could use better UI
    If I remember correctly, Elvui works with Bartender, dominoes and a few others. Reskins and everything. Like I said though, it's been about a year.

Tuconots
    I use Elvui and it's great. Just have a few others like DBM, Threatplates, postal, etc.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Araxen View Post
    Does anyone have any UI recommendations at all? I tried Tuk UI and I like it but it's a little too bare bones for me.
    I've been using http://www.wowinterface.com/download...aUIv3-169.html

With great success, has BW boss mods built in and is VERY light weight. Addon completely runs at 30megs or so not including recount mem late in an instance.
    Last edited by GuardianX; 12-07-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Tuconots
    Paging Dr. Kreugen: please repost your winning weakaura Arcane jibberish. Thanks.

Tuconots
    I use MoveAnything to move around the OG UI and rescale it a bit. I also use Grid for raid frames. I should get Elv or something but I'm lazy.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandai View Post
    Paging Dr. Kreugen: please repost your winning weakaura Arcane jibberish. Thanks.
    Here it is. Shows mana gem when its available, or puts up hud to either scorch a couple times to fish for AM and get your mana back, or burn your arcane barrage.

Code:
    dyunmaqivsvDjvsrJsLk6uQuHBbLQDPsvddIoMkSmvkpJQQMMuQRPsSnjW3urACsiNJQkZdkfDpvsP2hukCqQklKs6HuIMOkvQlcLSrjOpQsLmsveNKsOxQskzMsHBsjyNuLFQsYqfKJQsQ0sfuEQYuf1vfu1xvjvSwvsH5kPyVK)krdwsPdl0ILsESuzYuQld2SK8zinAvuNgXQvjv51cQmBPQBlWUr63ImCOA5Q65umDuxNkBhk(UKQXlfDEiSEOuA)sOwhkRfvwSMr74(23F69fPfOzRzRSg6NQRDYvHzXRXvEzFn0AEvvLby5HDK3JejYJB3qEks)pUDr7busIMrGdA2iOXash6NC4AiUQQYaSkSGck6cs)Vvu72(xWXP(JuvyV9fnOjEKAd2YQgXwZ33fPqX1Ec0JdVMb6RcLiuwRbwfM1QtS5ZYZ)Jc0OUG8tqrH3iVdTZab9mRcl6u)kaPFTr63f)A7xr3ARkS3(IwFkARS2N6bL1cC9mrzXIflwRtz5DOSwYX9ekiRA2edEFergAYAEqDToNHtbzOjhEC7idAoC7idAXoMKOgL1mC8zL1mjh1wZIug(QyhuJpB7e1uZ1bIHZN7JMAcLQdVp3hnwaSjXAwYrTn1G1c5lSR1X9juun7uPj5O2YQyXArkjiYKevzndhFwzngboOH)Gbyn8hmaRH(P6IfRXpbffEL16sokFfo8ro9AyJRTgngagLL3HMVVlsHIR1YZXhfeR5mGLjhLLvTUKJYAT16CgofuEMydAmjaS1SHwUQQmcCq7eFHzHcdFdXAgM0foe3T7JmjrvlTpXrMKOY72Pi1QsuwRWNGTfx711fT)ihlU2Cw7mqqpZY72fKA9POTYAodu21hngzv7t9GYAbUEMOSyXAoduAWHozvZzGYUuqRilRAgCOtzndHI2dY7qSwxF0yuwZqOO9GMf8DxyjwSwvIYJGTG8U1wZMyW7Jigh7cNr7AA0EaLKOze4Ggdnz3dArBBcts0yFj)euu4nklVdL14NGIcVYAmcCqZWr2z0CuadqzTOJtA4W3bugpvh(Yeo8ro9AytnadqzTqP6WRzCTamaLd9qfPP2cHvJgAoduINQdpJahKvn8uD4ze4G8qQ5mqPJsyzvZ4AbyakpxvfPPwPL(wUCzFHL1CgOeh(oGY4P6WlRAokH1W7JiGxdh(oGY4P6WRv0fToNHtbLNj2GgtcaBXAok)euu4vwSy5Dtzn(jOOWRSMX1cWauo0dvKMAlewnAOXiWbTO7JAekg4nGSQzCTamaLNRQI0uR0sFlxUSVWYAokH1W7JiGxJgdaJYY7qZ33fPqX1gkvhEXAagGYANaXE(SMn0YvvLrGdANGvJqfg(gI1Cu(jOOWRSyXYZFL14NGIcVYAmcCql6(OMX1cWauEUQkstTsl9TC5Y(clRbyakRDce75ZAgxladq5qpurAQTqy1OHgHIbEdiRA2qlxvvgboODcwncvy4BO5OewdVpIaEnAmamklVdnFFxKcfxRfigdPhmxFXADodNckptSbnMea2I1Cu(jOOWRSyXYRTYA8tqrHxzngboOz4i7mAokGbOSw0XjnJRfGbOCOhQin1wiSA0qZzGscfd8gqT0amaL1SmL6Tt1PfxBOpH(GXuCT3Pfzi4o0CucRH3hraVMX1cWauEUQkstTsl9TC5Y(clR9qqKqjuunKAodu6Oeww1ime4fda5v0HFip0CgOKWqGxmaKvnNbkFiisOekQSQ9qqKqju0Yeo8ro9AydToNHtbLNj2GgtcaBXAok)euu4vwJWqGxmaKxrh(H8qSy5Drzn(jOOWRSMX1cWauo0dvKMAlewnAOXiWbTO7JAekg4nGSQzCTamaLNRQI0uR0sFlxUSVWYAokH1W7JiGxJgdaJYY7qlmaVhOeZ5IR1crAuSgGbOS2jqSNpRzdTCvvze4G2j(cZcfg(gI1Cu(jOOWRSyXI1iDjQSQXqt29GwgAYUhm1mCOV3xhtWezsIEfg47Jim1CsIlh)qmCAgo2foJLjkhj0aGYAw0Bw8UXsdBtPa5Hul64KSQrS1Sg)pIcAxpNHjvi0AGvHzT6eB(S8UDbPg1fKFckk8g5vGwZRQQmalVcU)aP)xoUuWTla2rI8IgHIbEdOwADP(0RS8AlVdXAiUQQYaSk80JtpTaKNwWXXXL2T9)MQWE7lAgo2fotOeHYAwILxgRW0yOjBzQp9klVd5DiVBYdP88xfwqB)8Z)JBTr6F7Bi97YHQW(LlYRT8oelwE3uwRpfTvw7t9GYAbUEMOSyXAoduAWHozvZGdDkRziu0EqEhI1CgOSlf0kYYQynhLFckk8kRryiWlgaYROd)qEiw7busIMrGdAKUevl2XKe1OSMHJpRSMj5O2AwKYWxf7GA8zBFf1utOpYy3)7rwZsoQTPglptcG7tOOA2PstYrTLvXI1i2AwisJ3feOfTTjmjrJ9L8tqrH3OS8ouwJFckk8kRXiWbndhzNrZrbmaL1IooPHdFhqz8uD4lt4Wh50RHn1amaL1cLQdVMX1cWauo0dvKMAlewnAO5mqjEQo8mcCqw1Wt1HNrGdYdPMZaLokHLvnJRfGbO8CvvKMALw6B5YL9fwwZzGsC47akJNQdVSQ5OewdVpIaEnC47akJNQdVwri16CgofuEMydAmjaSfR5O8tqrHxzXIfRXpbffEL1ime4fda5v0HFip0CgOKqXaVbKvnadqznltPE7uDAX1g6tOpymfx7DArgcUdToNHtbLNj2GgtcaBnNbkjme4fdazvZrbmaL1IooP5mqPJsyzvJrGdAgoYoJynQli)euu4nY7MyXAyK3rBKiflb

Tuconots
    So I've been splitting time between this and SWTOR. I have a paladin, a DK, and a lock at the 85+ area. Does anyone else think that holy power is sorta clunky with Inquisition (I primarily play Ret/Prot)? Especially the AE rotation. It could be that Blood/Frost DKs and Affliction locks are so easy peasy streamlined, but man...Paladins while feeling overall pretty good just seem clunky. I try to avoid using addons beyond xperl and bartender, but I'm thinking CLCret or whatever it's called is almost necessary. I think in Cata it was a major DPS increase to use it. You're watching your HoPo, the Inquisition timer, ability cooldowns, and damage cooldowns. Feels frustrating and clunky.

Oh and while some folks love mounts and others love pets, I love transmog sets but now I feel the need to play like all my damn characters to collect sets I missed.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeden View Post
    So I've been splitting time between this and SWTOR. I have a paladin, a DK, and a lock at the 85+ area. Does anyone else think that holy power is sorta clunky with Inquisition (I primarily play Ret/Prot)? Especially the AE rotation. It could be that Blood/Frost DKs and Affliction locks are so easy peasy streamlined, but man...Paladins while feeling overall pretty good just seem clunky. I try to avoid using addons beyond xperl and bartender, but I'm thinking CLCret or whatever it's called is almost necessary. I think in Cata it was a major DPS increase to use it. You're watching your HoPo, the Inquisition timer, ability cooldowns, and damage cooldowns. Feels frustrating and clunky.

Oh and while some folks love mounts and others love pets, I love transmog sets but now I feel the need to play like all my damn characters to collect sets I missed.
    I play a holy paladin with ret OS. I absolutely HATE ret paladin. Hate it hate it hate it. I'll start a fight off at 120k dps, and end it with 65k. How the flying fuck can they base an entire spec around cooldowns for pve?

Love healing though, that shit is cash.

A Gentleman and a Scholar Felonius's Avatar
    Tuconots
    There any sort of week free trial of mists? Went looking for one but didn't see it.

EDIT: Found a free 10-day trial in my account page

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorehack View Post
    I play a holy paladin with ret OS. I absolutely HATE ret paladin. Hate it hate it hate it. I'll start a fight off at 120k dps, and end it with 65k. How the flying fuck can they base an entire spec around cooldowns for pve?

Love healing though, that shit is cash.
    I raid in a run of the mill 10 man group. We aren't hardcore by any means, we are on the last boss of heart of fear on normal mode and should be in terrace next week.

I raid as ret with a prot offspec. I LOVE raiding as ret. The priority system feels so natural and flows very well imo. To get around the cooldown crap make sure your level 75 talent is Divine Purpose. It helps break up with feeling of your only damage is cooldown burst.

On a side note I really enjoy the feeling of saving the tank with a clutch LoH or keeping a healer alive by tossing a BoP on them. Also when I'm low on life and I pop a 3 hp word of glory and divine purpose procs so I can heal a second or third...or fourth time in a row its great. On Wind Lord the other night I was down to 15% hp with one of our healers dead and I got 4 procs back to back on WoG with divine purpose up. Healed myself to full. =)

Tuconots
    Divine Purpose is good until you get some solid gear, then your haste will be high enough that the cooldown on Judgment and Crusader Strike will be low enough that you wont have many dead times.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Felonius View Post
    There any sort of week free trial of mists? Went looking for one but didn't see it.

EDIT: Found a free 10-day trial in my account page
    I also registered with this 10-day trial (they sent me an email asking me to come back and try), I was excited to give it a shot but disappointed with what the actual trial was. I played for 2-3 hours questing and instancing in the new zones, then when it was time for me to level to 86 my experience bar stayed trapped at 12,999,999. Super disappointing, what a lame trial imo. I played on and off through vanilla, BC, and WOLK raiding in the guild Rage on Skullcrusher (US), and then I resubscribed for a bit during Cata as well. I had every intention to resubscribed and play for MOP as well, but after such a disappointing trial I seriously doubt that I'm going to anymore.

Anyway I don't mean to bash the game, it was alright for the few hours that I got to play. I just wanted to rant about the trial a bit I guess.

Tuconots
    You intended to buy MOP but will not do so now because you couldn't hit 86 in the trial? I had the same thing happen, and admit that it is pretty lame, but that seems like a big jump considering you've played a lot of this game and are already familiar with the ways you get screwed.

Tuconots
    Pretty much. The lame trial basically killed my excitement to play the new content. I received their email for the "trial" which may or may not have said anything about the restrictions, if it did say something then they definitely didn't make it obvious. I logged into my battle.net account, signed up for the trial and started downloading the game. The game was nearly 20 GB to download I think, I left it running overnight and played the next night. During the day before getting home I was researching a bit and reading about all of the changes, etc. Then when I finally got home and was able to log in I only had 2-3 hours worth of content to play. It was a huge let down and not worth it at all.

Worst "trial" ever.

Tuconots
    So what you're saying is that you got 20% of the leveling content for free and you're pissed? Where was the cut off supposed to be? I mean, I don't recall there ever being a trial for the new zones in an xpac until now (maybe Cata - was gone a year) and 1-10 or 1-15 is seriously like 4 hours max content if not less. Even "stuck" at that point you have carte blanche to try about 4 instances and probably 3 zones. Sure you won't "Level" but everyone hits 90 at the start of Townlong anyway with about 2 zones worth of quests left.

Maybe "best" trial ever?

Tuconots
    How about 10 fucking free days of unrestricted play, which is what anyone who isn't a fucking retard thinks of when you see '10 day free trial'

Tuconots
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tuconots
    Exactly. They sent the emails out for a 10-day trial. It was never made clear that it was going to be restricted to 2-3 hours of play time. I was able to do 2 normal instances and part of 1 zone at 85, it was seriously 2-3 hours of play before I was stuck.

I would have liked to level to 90 and try to rile up my troops for casual 10 person raiding at the very least. Which would have been easily possible with a real trial rather than the garbage "trial" that they are running. It wasn't even worth the 20 GB download.

Tuconots
    Yeah, but from a business point of view, it makes ZERO sense to be unlimited. Here! Have all quest content for free! Its as dumb as Bioware giving away the one part that was good for free in Star Wars (albeit with shooting themselves in the foot immensely).

Tuconots
    Well I think that they would have gotten more customers (at least one lol) if the trial was seriously playable. Most people play WoW because it's an MMO, they play with their friends and within a community. Having a real 10 day trial period would have only enhanced that feeling and made more people want to buy the new expansion and subscribe. As I said, personally my plan was to gather up a group of old players and at the very least do 10 person raids, likely going beyond that. Sadly I only had 2-3 hours of time worth playing, which simply wasn't enough to prepare or do anything that I wanted to do.

Anyway, the "trial" is basically a waste of time as far as I'm concerned. I spent more time downloading the client than I did playing. They made me expect one thing and gave me something completely different.

Tuconots
    Loaded up the trial. Played through the newbie Panda zone. Chose Alliance. After talking to the king I went to the bounty board to see where I could be the most help. "Westfall needs your help!" Nope. Exit game. Uninstall. Panda experience over.

Tuconots
    Can't dispute that the trial was handled in a retarded fashion, especially given all of the best systems are at max (love Brawler's Guild and Challenge Modes in particular), whereas in Cata at least you had the revamped leveling zones.

Had friends in the same boat.

Tuconots
    Hello all,

Figured I'd make some form of introduction here as this is likely the place I'll post the most. Long-time lurker and player of the game since the first day of US beta. To not make this a completely useless post, I'd like to ask what your experiences with challenge modes are so far, beause to me they're entertaining as hell. I'm soon going to start gearing my third character with the gold medal gear (all tanks) and I find running them to get quick times is incredibly fun and actually a perfect way to measure PvE talent outside of tenuous heroic raiding schedules. I notice Vulg post about it above, but I guess more might have experienced them?

Also, feel free to ask any questions from a tank point of view. I've done them as a brewmaster and blood dk so far, soon prot pala.

Tuconots
    do you run challenge modes with a static/fixed group? I ran it with my guild a few times (silver only) and it was fun as heck, but then 3 of the 4 people stopped logging in I'm too lazy to try and form my own group, I do like that the challenge modes will be good for the life of the xpac.

re: trial, a lot of it is also probably anti-bot/hacker shenanigans. With unlimited 10 day trials a lot of stolen accounts would be botted to 90 (can do it in less than 30 hours) and then farm for 9 days. Still, 10 day trial should mean 10 day unlimited trial, pretty lame to lock you at 85.99.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by spronk View Post
    do you run challenge modes with a static/fixed group? I ran it with my guild a few times (silver only) and it was fun as heck, but then 3 of the 4 people stopped logging in I'm too lazy to try and form my own group, I do like that the challenge modes will be good for the life of the xpac.
    Rather than a fixed group, there's a number of people I like running with. Especially talented healers seem hard to come by, and there's two I truly enjoy doing them with. I've found one of them on openraid, I can definitely vouch for that site. A good rule of thumb is to bring as few melee as possible, as usually the aoe damage that hits the tank will hit them as well, seeing as most trash pulls you do can be quite large. One thing I'd really recommend is to optimise the gear for the dungeons. As it's all normalised, try to get the best possible stats for that setup. On my dk, for example, I'm looking for every piece of gear to have high innate mastery, which has proven very fruitful so far!

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandai View Post
    Mad props to Kreugen for that.

Poor Communication Skills bixxby's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Anyone have luck finding challenge mode groups on Openraid or some other site?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by SorrowsEnd View Post
    I raid in a run of the mill 10 man group. We aren't hardcore by any means, we are on the last boss of heart of fear on normal mode and should be in terrace next week.

I raid as ret with a prot offspec. I LOVE raiding as ret. The priority system feels so natural and flows very well imo. To get around the cooldown crap make sure your level 75 talent is Divine Purpose. It helps break up with feeling of your only damage is cooldown burst.

On a side note I really enjoy the feeling of saving the tank with a clutch LoH or keeping a healer alive by tossing a BoP on them. Also when I'm low on life and I pop a 3 hp word of glory and divine purpose procs so I can heal a second or third...or fourth time in a row its great. On Wind Lord the other night I was down to 15% hp with one of our healers dead and I got 4 procs back to back on WoG with divine purpose up. Healed myself to full. =)
    Raiding as ret isn't bad in the sense that it's just not fun. I actually enjoy the flow of pressing buttons as well...but it's the cooldown shit that gets me. No matter what I do, I'm not going to be as close to our other dps as I should be UNLESS I have my cooldowns active. It might change once I get 4 piece, but even then they'll pull ahead once THEY get their 4 piece. I still have a few blues, but our windwalker monk is easily 20k dps higher than me on every fight I'm not healing on.

Tuconots
    So for 78 levels now as a Heal-Monk I have been using a high DPS weapon to max melee DPS, under the idea that the more damage I do punching things, the more healing I do.

But the past few levels I find I have been using Chi Lightning->2chi->Chi Wave (fireworks damage/heal)->Repeat, bouncing a Renewing Mist (the bouncy HOT) as needed. This keeps most non-retard groups alive and doesn't use a lot of mana thanks to Mana Tea. On bosses I toss down the amazing Jade Dragon totem-thing and it doubles all the side-effect healing from Chi Lightning. If shit goes crazy I just start spinning around like an idiot and that solves most problems.

I just realized last night, because I'm an idiot and haven't played WoW forever, that all the healling and damage from those ability I just mentioned above, except the damage from Spinning Crane Kick is based off of spell power, not weapon damage.

So I guess my question is: Am I doing the right thing with the wrong weapon and should switch to a spell damage staff? Or do I have the right weapon and doing the wrong thing in that I should be using a damage weapon but should be punching and kicking more than pew-pewing?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhaun View Post
    So I guess my question is: Am I doing the right thing with the wrong weapon and should switch to a spell damage staff? Or do I have the right weapon and doing the wrong thing in that I should be using a damage weapon but should be punching and kicking more than pew-pewing?
    I know nothing of monk healing, but I've enjoyed playing my Monk to 50 so far (started last Friday). From the official forums there is a guide on http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6713581691 that says your stat priority is:

"Spirit > more Spirit > even more Spirit > Int > Haste to 1350 > Crit > Haste > Mastery. (Prioritize Mastery over Haste for 25-mans.)

First tier + new class means lots of learning, so do yourself a favor and stack spirit. For the other stats, intellect is of course good, crit is pretty strong seeing as so much healing done is HoT based (which means less overheal for crits), and the others are meh.

Big Caveat: You need 8.35% haste to get an additional tick on Renewing Mist/Enveloping Mist, which is important. If you have the 5% haste buff (moonkin, spriests, ele shamans, or hunter sporebats), you only need ~1350 haste to get the additional 3.35% to get there, which should be trivial. If not, you’ll need about ~3540, which is doable but fairly difficult, and not worth compromising on spirit for."

Sooo... spell caster stuff!

Tuconots
    Can't resist any longer... Downloading the trial. WoW just has something that other games are lacking. Can't quite put my finger on it, but I must have it again LOL.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by B_Mizzle View Post
    Can't resist any longer... Downloading the trial. WoW just has something that other games are lacking. Can't quite put my finger on it, but I must have it again LOL.
    What WoW has that I have yet to seen copied is a smooth engine with good animations. Theres something to be said about a game that when you move, or use an ability there is no disconnect between click and do. I say that as a fairly anti-blizzard groupie. Sadly no game has replicated this aspect when WoW-cloning. Even my favorite MMO of this generation (Rift) feels clunky in comparison. Which sucked because I enjoyed its world and characters ten fold compared to WoW's McHeroes.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    I spent more time downloading the client than I did playing. They made me expect one thing and gave me something completely different.
    isn't that the history of wow as a whole?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by errr View Post
    isn't that the history of wow as a whole?
    No. WoW when it was first released was every bit as exciting and enticing a game as I have played. You may not agree with the direction it has gone but what most people fail to see is that they took the game in a direction their customers wanted. Get used to the fact you are in the minority if you don't like where it's gone.

That being said I can't play the game anymore. It really is boring nowadays. There is absolutely nothing mythical or provoking about the world and game they have turned it into.

I bought MoP and played it for about 2 weeks, and will probably never re-subscribe.
    Last edited by Khane; 12-11-2012 at 06:29 AM.

Tuconots
    I said I wasnt going to buy MOP a few times, and now Im just coming to a point where I just cant find any game that is at least comparable to WoW. Im playing the trial, and with just the limited amount that Ive had the chance to experience the new expansion.. Im having more fun in that, than anything else Ive played recently. We can all talk shit about WoW, but its not a bad game - just old as f'k. We know what to expect in the lore. I figured out the story for Jade Forest within the first 5 minutes.

What would be useful is if someone knows about a good deal on the MoP expansion. I saw where it was 20 bucks from Blizzard, but that ended on the 29th. Cheapest Ive found it now, is about 30 bucks.

Tuconots
    It's a shame but a lot of the things that make WoW a better game than it was are also the things that are destroying it.

After a week or so on a toon dungeons are largely irrelevant which is a fucking travesty as dungeons should be the core of the game.

Cutting down wait times via the cross realm lfg tool has destroyed server communities, in Vanilla I knew certain other faction players by sight. I knew the servers first Grand Marshalls. I knew fuckloads of people from doing dungeons because being in a group was harder and good players or funny people were people you'd want to meet up with again.

Now I don't know anyone apart from people I'm in a guild with and I barely know them because I don't have to do shit with them cept raid once a week or so and honestly just doing LFR is easier most weeks.

LFR/LFD is a fucking horrible souless experience, there is no comeback for being a ninja, dropping group mid pull or just generally being a cunt in any way possible. In Vanilla there was a reason to behave like a reasonable human being because if you didn't word would get round and you might as well reroll or move server.

Impossible for them to have predicted that I suppose but it's pretty much ruined the game.

Tuconots
    They generally run sales around Thanksgiving, 1-2 weeks before Christmas, and then in mid January so you should see MOP on sale again soon.

Pandaria has me playing a lot longer than I thought I would. I was kinda getting ready to unsub and then 5.1 has put in a lot of stuff that is fun - getting more into pet battles now, finally won a Brawlers Pass from BMAH, finished the sigil Black Prince quest so now I wanna see how that plays out. There are a ton of "story quests" associated with the new Krasinger faction, I hit revered and its been a pretty interesting story so far. Especially since I have both a 90 horde and alliance so I can see both sides of the story. Honor battlegrounds are still a shithole but been having a lot of fun in ratedBGs in pug groups. I wonder what patch 5.2 is bringing.

The one thing I do think is slowly dying in the game is regular raiding, if you are decently geared so many guilds seem desperate for raiders.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Devlin View Post
    It's a shame but a lot of the things that make WoW a better game than it was are also the things that are destroying it.

After a week or so on a toon dungeons are largely irrelevant which is a fucking travesty as dungeons should be the core of the game.

Cutting down wait times via the cross realm lfg tool has destroyed server communities, in Vanilla I knew certain other faction players by sight. I knew the servers first Grand Marshalls. I knew fuckloads of people from doing dungeons because being in a group was harder and good players or funny people were people you'd want to meet up with again.

Now I don't know anyone apart from people I'm in a guild with and I barely know them because I don't have to do shit with them cept raid once a week or so and honestly just doing LFR is easier most weeks.

LFR/LFD is a fucking horrible souless experience, there is no comeback for being a ninja, dropping group mid pull or just generally being a cunt in any way possible. In Vanilla there was a reason to behave like a reasonable human being because if you didn't word would get round and you might as well reroll or move server.

Impossible for them to have predicted that I suppose but it's pretty much ruined the game.
    I have some of the worst experiences in groups and raids. The other day I did stormstout on my monk tank - we were clearing and we noticed the warrior had been afk the entire time. The mage was the one annoyed by it, but even then wasn't being a total asshole, just mentioned in group that hey, wtf man? The rest of us were of the opinion, well give him a second; we can't kick him yet anyways. We hit the first boss, kill it, and warrior is still afk. So, we try to attempt a kick. Cannot kick for 14 more minutes...ooookay? Loot roll on boss. Cannot kick during loot rolls. Kill more trash. Cannot kick during combat or immediately following combat. Wait a tick...cannot kick for 11 more minutes. Like, christ.

The warrior comes back and he's a super douche on top of it, starts hardcore insulting the entire group. I know that we had mentioned kicking him, but it wasn't like we were in group saying, OMFG, THIS ASSHOLE, KICK HIM RIGHT IN HIS JIMMIES, WHAT A HERP DERP. So essentially, there was just no need for the insults. We kill the second boss, the warrior links the damage meter - which he topped, because it counts that stupid mace, then proceeds to insult the rest of the dps for being awful. At this point I'm like, ok wtf, and I speak up, saying that I'm more impressed the rest of the dps have been there the entire instance instead of topping an AE heavy fight. He starts insulting me because I'm a level higher than him (But the tank, so even though I'm a monk I don't exactly expect to top the charts with dps who are doing what they are supposed to) and I just ignore him. Super annoying.

We get to the last boss and the warrior blows it, as expected. Isn't running out of the bubbles on the ground, and isn't good at killing the adds and getting in between them and the boss to stop heals. Boss dies, and as a last hoorah tells us we all suck as players.

We cleared the dungeon faster than the timer to kick him, but it was silly. We had to put up with that asshole insulting us the entire way, and making us clear for him, and there was absolutely nothing we could do about it, other than all leaving the group and getting a deserter debuff. Super awesome.

In the prime of my MMO days, I used to be relatively abrasive and mouthy. It was generally to inform people, and I wasn't often wrong, but I definitely could have been nicer about it. Even THEN, I never went out of my way to be a super bitch or ruin someone's day just because I could. You had to earn my ire, so I really don't understand what is with people who seek to make something simple like grouping with others as painful as possible.

Things like CRZs and LFR/LFD have implemented fixes for things that sucked - like finding groups for content, but it exacerbates so much else that I wonder if it's worth it. In the case of LFD I'd have to say yes, but CRZs can really suck it. I just honestly cannot understand people in MMOs these days. Maybe I'm just an older gamer, and I've settled down so now the it's "them" vs "me" and I feel like I'm yelling at them to get off my lawn, but I really just do not think the communities and the people were ever this bad. And I generally don't think people ARE, just that the systems that are in place don't discourage it, so who cares?

TL;DR: They rustle my jimmies, why do people suck? (Jimmies rustled is the best meme ever. EVER. Well, maybe not better than grumpy cat but it makes me giggle quite a lot.)

Tuconots
    Thats just generally someone abusing the system. I really dont understand the kick system because for the most part it punishes the group more so than the player that they are attempting to kick. Are they really trying to protect the legitimate Timmy the Retard THAT much? There have always been people going AFK in groups, though. You're just forgetting about it and looking back with fond memories. Think back to Wizards who could only cast once to twice a fight...? Eventually I just lost track of the damage theyre doing because I would be talking to someone or doing something else while I look at feet and spam 1 & 2. Necromancers were even worse. Cast 2 dots, no immediate damage, go back afk. Enchanters, Clerics, Tanks and Pullers were generally the only people that never had the opportunity to go AFK without other people in the group going ape shit. Just saying, it hasnt gotten worse - most communities have always been shit. There are just no repercussions now.

The epic feeling I used to get in a raid has long been lost. I dont know if its just that the size has dropped down so low, or that there is no competition to the mobs or what... I just dont find it fun anymore. So I would have to agree that dungeons should have a big part of the developer time when the game is being designed. Even WoW's route of going through tiers of dungeons is pretty fun. The game just really blows once all Im left with is raiding or dailies. I feel like there should always be several tiers of dungeons that keep progressively getting worse. The top tier being almost to the point of over tuned and having gear that is comparable to raid gear.

Tuconots
    Yea I definitely think I'm not remembering correctly, but I also think it's partially that there aren't really many checks to dissuade people from being total dicks - with CRZs/LFD comes added anonymity, and as you mention, the kick system is sort of shit, and generally it's more effort than it's worth to try to kick.

Another group I was doing on my monk when I was in Cata content; we get into stonecore and the healer says, One second, in the middle of something. So I'm thinking, ok, maybe their kid woke up, whatever. So 5 minutes or so go by, and I ask, something wrong? And I get, no just in the middle of this quest and don't want to have to redo. Uh, ok? So the DK in the group is with the healer, and pulls the first pack of mobs, I assume to get us into combat so we can't initiate a kick. We almost wipe; myself and the hunter stay alive, the other two dps run back. We buff up again, and wait. It's been 15 minutes as this point, no healer. DK pulls another group, we survive this time, still no healer. So 15-20 minutes, one near wipe, and two packs and still no healer and no communication either, despite the group members asking when/if she's coming. I initiate the kick, it goes through, healer gets booted, and DK leaves.

Humorously, the healer sends me a message saying, WTF DUDE, I WAS ALMOST DONE! Now I have to wait another 30 minutes! I guess they got the deserter buff, or she was referring to the dungeon queue cooldown? Either way, I told her that it wasn't just me, that the majority of the group has to also hit yes, and that she'd get a new group soon. She proceeded to rant at me in tells while I ignored her and continued on in the dungeon.

Feels bad man.

Edited for paragraphs~ and also, wtf, 10 hr non patch maintenance!
    Last edited by LadyVex; 12-11-2012 at 09:11 AM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyVex View Post
    Yea I definitely think I'm not remembering correctly, but I also think it's partially that there aren't really many checks to dissuade people from being total dicks - with CRZs/LFD comes added anonymity, and as you mention, the kick system is sort of shit, and generally it's more effort than it's worth to try to kick.
    I usually run with my guild. Sometimes I use the random queues, LFD, LFR, battlegrounds, but I don't expect much from the people in the randoms and I'm usually not surprised. Not that my guildies don't go AFK or ninja stuff, but at least it's in the family.

Tuconots
    Yea, the thing is that people I met back in vanilla when I first hit 60 and was doing ubrs/strat etc, I still know to this day - we talk often, are still guilded with each other, are b.net friends...hell, I'm DATING one of them. That's not something that really happens at all anymore. I raid with my guildies, but getting the twitch to play an alt, and do randoms ends up usually in frustration. And the thing is, back in vanilla there was a sort of sense of "family" as you say. Or at the very least, because it was a community there were more checks.

I wouldn't want to get rid of LFD/LFRs, but jesus, they're really terrible for quality of people. I mention these encounters because even though i go in not expecting something amazing, I still can be surprised by how crazy asshole-ish people are.

Occasionally I get a group of polite, funny people and it's a blast, but god that is so rare.

Tuconots
    Well, I understand your point and totally agree with the server community being killed off. I don't think there's anything you can do to solve it now, though, because wow is so heavily built around instancing adding content that you specifically do in the open world on your own server is hard, outside of dailies and such.

I'd love to see less incentive overall to do raidfinder. The idea that the progression is heroics -> rf -> normals -> heroic raids (at least until next patch, they promised that we'd not need RF any more) is just annoying. I would rather get less items than everyone looking the same :/

Tuconots
    Raid finder is there for people who DONT DO normal/heroic raiding. yes, you need LFR the first 3-4 weeks of raiding to fill out slots, but any decent guild should have stopped running LFR weeks ago on mains. Even now, on my mage (and i have never stepped foot in a single normal/heroic raid in MOP) I am done with MV and the first half of HOF, I just run the last 2 LFRs and will even stop that once I get my sha weapon. I loved raiding Kara, BT, Ulduar, etc years ago but I freaking love LFR now, logging in and raiding whenever I have free time (daytime usually) instead of locking myself away at night like a antisocial dad is fantastic. Yeah, LFR is retardedly easy but fuck it, I still remember all those painful times in early ICC where joining a pug was a crapshoot on whether you were going to get stuck on Saurfang or not, and nobody ever made it past Putricide (early ICC, not later after dmg buffs and shit). Or the good times when some faggot would turn off the ICC buff...

I guess I have totally different LFD experiences from you, chain ran them last week on my DK to gear up for LFR (like 20+ runs over a week) and never had a single problem. Yeah, my tank DK was top dmg dealer almost every single fight but who cares, all you do is piss yourself off for no reason if you stress over things like that. You can 2 man every heroic in mists so DPS are just there to speed it up.

Interview on MMO champ says 5.2 is "coming soon" and will feature a large, ICC/ulduar sized raid. If they can ship it out by February I will be impressed, that will be 2-4 months every patch which is exactly what they need to keep me subbed. Heck, even now I still haven't gotten to a ton of things in 5.1 like Brawlers, the new pets in old raids and want to spend more time in arena/rBG. Finally got around to pokemon this weekend, kids leveled 3 of my pets to 11 over a few hours and they loved it.

Has anyone done ZG/ZA recently? Is it soloable? I didnt sub for most of cata so never got to do those two, would be nice to solo for mounts/pets. BWL is totally soloable, it takes a few tries to "learn" razorgore but once you do, its a cakewalk. Sucks the GY for that place is still at Thorium point, especially as you run past a spirit healer outside UBRS. Also died after killing Vael, I don't think ice block even worked.
    Last edited by spronk; 12-11-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Tuconots
    They should remove the random dungeon rewards and "luck" buff and apply it to premade groups.

Tuconots
    I thought that Blizzard had an ignore system that will prevent players you have on ignore from joining you in groupfinder runs. If you get a douchenozzle you can't kick, get the whole group to ignore him. He will get longer and longer ques till he kills himself in a puddle of his own urine because noone loves him.

Problem solved.

Tuconots
    Raid finder is there for people who DONT DO normal/heroic raiding. yes, you need LFR the first 3-4 weeks of raiding to fill out slots, but any decent guild should have stopped running LFR weeks ago on mains. Even now, on my mage (and i have never stepped foot in a single normal/heroic raid in MOP) I am done with MV and the first half of HOF, I just run the last 2 LFRs and will even stop that once I get my sha weapon. I loved raiding Kara, BT, Ulduar, etc years ago but I freaking love LFR now, logging in and raiding whenever I have free time (daytime usually) instead of locking myself away at night like a antisocial dad is fantastic. Yeah, LFR is retardedly easy but fuck it, I still remember all those painful times in early ICC where joining a pug was a crapshoot on whether you were going to get stuck on Saurfang or not, and nobody ever made it past Putricide (early ICC, not later after dmg buffs and shit). Or the good times when some faggot would turn off the ICC buff...

I guess I have totally different LFD experiences from you, chain ran them last week on my DK to gear up for LFR (like 20+ runs over a week) and never had a single problem. Yeah, my tank DK was top dmg dealer almost every single fight but who cares, all you do is piss yourself off for no reason if you stress over things like that. You can 2 man every heroic in mists so DPS are just there to speed it up.

Interview on MMO champ says 5.2 is "coming soon" and will feature a large, ICC/ulduar sized raid. If they can ship it out by February I will be impressed, that will be 2-4 months every patch which is exactly what they need to keep me subbed. Heck, even now I still haven't gotten to a ton of things in 5.1 like Brawlers, the new pets in old raids and want to spend more time in arena/rBG. Finally got around to pokemon this weekend, kids leveled 3 of my pets to 11 over a few hours and they loved it.

Has anyone done ZG/ZA recently? Is it soloable? I didnt sub for most of cata so never got to do those two, would be nice to solo for mounts/pets. BWL is totally soloable, it takes a few tries to "learn" razorgore but once you do, its a cakewalk. Sucks the GY for that place is still at Thorium point, especially as you run past a spirit healer outside UBRS. Also died after killing Vael, I don't think ice block even worked.
    Thing is, I'm not going into LFR and being frustrated with terrible players. I mean, that happens but that's easily dealt with generally and never really a hindrance in LFR anyways since it's so easy. What's awful are the actual, legitimate assholes who just serve to make you miserable, with their attitude, or general playstyle. It just sucks getting a troll, and not being able to do anything about it, since there are so many ways you cannot kick someone.

Yea, ignore works but it is super rare to get the same person twice. It happens generally only at specific times of the day, IE like late at night when only a handful of people are doing dungeons, so if you all queue up at the same time it's entirely possible you hit the group again together. I can probably name on one hand the amount of times I've seen the same person in the group, and I have a pretty good memory for that sort of thing, so I don't think ignore would work in that respect. A "reputation" system, such that xbox live has, or some system where you can downvote people would be exceptional.

I haven't done ZG/ZA, I can't think of anything being too terrible but I want to say the majority of stuff works off of percentages of health, so boss abilities might still be a bit painful.

There's also, afaik, no way to ever avoid burning adrenaline from Vael - if you get it, you're dying and the only thing you can hope is that you've killed him before it kills you. (Which isn't hard on even a shit geared character, but I know my prot pally can't do it in prot spec; I have to switch to ret.)

Tuconots
    Done with LFR? Hah. Sadly enough I still have six items I could use from LFR and I'm at 7/16 H. I've only eliminated MSV from the weekly retard reunion. But then I just went through a goddamn four week long applicant period in the middle of "progression is > clearing everything", so my gear is pathetically behind - and not just my own guild, but probably most normal mode raiders as well. I believe I have six items from normal mode + sha, none from heroic (fuck you bonus roll), and the rest is LFR/valor. The most painful is having the craptastic 2H staff from LFR for a weapon. That is flat fucking killing me. But somehow I'm a full member now and 25m is a fucking loot shower so good times are ahead. And all they really needed from me was to do what I can and not die, and I was one of five people alive for our blade lord H kill so, /flex and shit. After the mayan apocalypse mages, rogues and cockroaches will be standing around calling everyone else noobs and bads.

The upside is because of the fire nerf, most of my gear is wrong anyway. So its not like I have to replace anything good to switch from "Crit is the best stat and mastery is worthless!' to "it's mid progression race and whoops now crit is the worst stat and you stack haste/mastery, fuuuck youuuu ahahahah!"

Odds are in about two to four weeks they will pull cock from ass and buff molten armor to try to recoup the 6-8% crit that shit geared fire mages lost and relied on to function. Since the CM nerf was for "future scaling" and as it was COMPLETELY UNTESTED and done in the middle of a fucking week you'd think they'd do this quickly to compensate for the complete assfucking it gave to low to mid gear level fire. (without a certain crit threshhold, fire damage plummets off a cliff. That's why some are like "well its still middle of the pack dps if you play perfectly, quit crying" and others are like "HOLY FUCK I DID MORE DAMAGE IN SUNWELL")

The best part is all the recent tweets from GC regarding pvp "blanket nerfs" and how bad it is to change things untested. Right after they blanked nerfed the fuck out of a spec in the middle the week. I guarantee you he completely misses the irony.

I thought I didn't really like fire spec anyway. But that was before I played arcane and was forced to use rune of power as much as possible.

Oh, another awesome ghostcrawler tweet. "Invocation fine for Arcane" Wat. WAT. Fine as in, WE NEVER USE IT EVER? Can we get a Wildhammer Fact Checker to filter his fucking mouth?

EDIT: All of the above was meant to be amusing and not some ragefaced rant. Honest.
    Last edited by Kreugen; 12-11-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Srathor View Post
    I thought that Blizzard had an ignore system that will prevent players you have on ignore from joining you in groupfinder runs. If you get a douchenozzle you can't kick, get the whole group to ignore him. He will get longer and longer ques till he kills himself in a puddle of his own urine because noone loves him.
    Your ignore list is not large enough, alas.

Take what ye can Grayson Carlyle's Avatar
    Tuconots
    ZG/ZA: They're very-late Cata Heroics, so they were meant to be done in epics by decently-geared players. Shit hits hard. OP solo classes might be able to do it, but it's harder than Wrath heroics were at 85. I've been duo-ing ZG for mounts, which at first was just barely enough in ~450 gear, in ~475 gear it's not difficult to duo, but can't breeze it.

Tuconots
    The nerf to fire mages was fucking ridiculous, ok so we were pretty dominant in PvE, so what?

Now arcane/frost mages are the highest dps except nobody wants to fucking play arcane/frost because arcane is fucking boring as shit and frost is whack-a-mole on acid driving at 200 mph.

I'm glad my new guild wants me to play on my DK, that shit at least makes sense.

Tuconots
    wat.png

Hard 2 play

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by buffylol View Post
    wat.png

Hard 2 play
    Nobody gives a fuck about you sucking at PvP go away.

Tuconots
    Tampon, apply directly to the vagina.

Land of Dragons
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Devlin View Post

Soulless is exactly the right word to describe WoW in its current form and the reason why I quit. What's even worse is that WoW has now set the standard for MMO's to conform to. People expect X-server tech from the start because for most, it's all they have ever known. They don't realise the social damage it creates, they just don't want to wait for more than 2 minutes to get into a group. Perish the thought they do anything pro-active to actually try and form a group, they just want to push a button and be instantly transported into their little pocket of free loots.

The thing is, you can't even blame half these people for wanting this because it's the norm to them.

It's an absolutely horrible, horrible fucking mechanic. The only hope is in years to come we should all be able to play on one server, ala EVE with dynamic instancing and load balancing as and when it's needed, like a very advanced version of how EQ2 handled it's zones and public dungeons.

Tuconots
    wat.png

Hard 2 play
    Post your gear and theirs.

Hideous rapes were not uncommon for people in full season's gladiator gear against the lesser privilaged in the resilience department.

Tuconots
    battle chest is back on sale for $5, cat $10 MOP $30. Battlechest for $5 is a great deal, you RAF yourself a second account, put a $15 gametime code on it (your main account then gets a free month), so for basically $5 you have 60 days with a second account. With some multibox software, while you are doing shit on your main account you can park a hunter on your second account in a grind spot and have all the keys bound to a castsequence macro, so over a few weeks you will level a hunter to 80 (moving zone to zone by hand obviously), faster with BOA gear. Then you can grant 40 levels to your main account, rinse and repeat as many times as you want. You can even loot if you figure out how to broadcast mouse clicks and keybind Interact with Target (turn on click to move too). Throw away those second accounts with all those 80s when the time is up, useless trash!

nice thing is with sub wow accounts they all share mounts/pets and can be emailed BOA gear back and forth.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirgon View Post
    Post your gear and theirs.

Hideous rapes were not uncommon for people in full season's gladiator gear against the lesser privilaged in the resilience department.
    Oh I know why, its because I haven't changed my gems from pvp power to resil since the last change. Its not that I'm undergeared, its I am missing a good 1-2k of resil from gems

Tuconots
    I'm on a slow morphine drip of WoW where I can only play 30-60 minutes a night due to being a new father and it's actually really improved my outlook on the game.

I'd written WoW off completely after about one month into Cata as my friends were quitting en masse and I just didn't feel like going through the same old routine again. Nearly two years later, the Thanksgiving sale with Pandaria for $15 / Collector's Edition for $35 caught my eye last month and I figured I'd resub for a month and see what had become of the game (I'd heard a lot of people saying it was great if you played casually, which is where I'm at these days).

So much has changed and so many new systems have been introduced since I last played that I've actually got that sense of exploring the unknown back, just like the good old days of Vanilla where Onyxia was some mysterious rumor and I didn't yet know the entire game inside and out. I know that Transmog is a thing but haven't yet figured out how to do it or started running old content to collect cosmetic gear. LFR, pet battles, brawler's, challenge modes.. I know a little bit about these things from reading forums and MMO Champ but haven't experienced them at all yet. Account-bound mounts, pets, titles and achievements are a big quality of life improvement that didn't exist the last time I played.

I guess I'm fortunate that the playstyle I've been forced into seems to be what the game is targeted towards these days. For me it seems like consuming WoW in smaller portions is the way to go.. I definitely went through cycles in the past, especially raiding in Vanilla/TBC/WOTLK of playing 20-30 hours a week, getting burned out/frustrated, and quitting because the game was tedious and I felt like I was just doing the same stuff over and over again. It's cool to know that I still have a lot of content to look forward to again and feel like the game has something new to show me.

Take what ye can Grayson Carlyle's Avatar
    Tuconots
    battle chest is back on sale for $5
    Thanks for this! Getting myself another RAF mount now.

Tuconots
    I've been having such a blast with this game it's unreal, I played from vanilla onwards with breaks, then quit at the beginning of Cata. Made a shaman for MoP and hit 90 probably 2-3 weeks ago, got fully PVP geared and just been working on the rest of the conquest gear. I like that you can do Arena for 1 hour and cap your conquest for the week, and then just a couple RBG's will finish it off. The rest of my time is spent farming old dungeons for transmog stuff and dailies (which I hate, but w/e). LFR has been fun and super casual. Have 20 mins to kill? Suure i'll zerg some bosses for a chance at loots. I'm not in a raiding guild whatsoever, so it's perfect.

Things I dislike, obviously is some of the balance, their nerf to shamans and my survivability is fuck-all destroyed. But I think it's just expected now. The burst damage in this game is just astronomical =\

Tuconots
    Oh I know why, its because I haven't changed my gems from pvp power to resil since the last change. Its not that I'm undergeared, its I am missing a good 1-2k of resil from gems
    Okay, since you noticed, I'll say you still have control of the board. Would you like to take "Things that will get your wig pushed back" for 800?

Tuconots
    It's just a case of taking a classes most popular PvE spec and nerfing it to the point where it is now their lowest PvE dps spec.

Tuconots
    Havent played in a bit;

Rogues, Warriors, either decent at soloing old content?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirgon View Post
    Okay, since you noticed, I'll say you still have control of the board. Would you like to take "Things that will get your wig pushed back" for 800?
    I was gonna go with 600 to be safe, but I will take 800.

Tuconots
    Have to love how they keep hotfixing mages with a fucking sledgehammer. Oh good, now I can't trigger shatterbombs in PVE and to have to rely on timing the nova. Fucking thanks.

The way the fire hotfix was done should get someone fucking fired. Two days after a PTR that lasted an eternity some idiot cuts combustion and our crit buff by 50% for a net drop of at least 25% damage. And this was done in the middle of raid progression because combustion was for some reason buffed in a patch that was on PTR for over a fucking month. Talk about fucking incompetence.

And speaking of PVE Arcane and Frost. Well Frost can fuck right off because god knows what kind of horseshit "CUT IT IN HALF!" nerf it'll get because of PVP next. Its also our lowest damage, possibly even lower than nerfed fire because I have not seen a single real-world parse that comes even close to what SimC puts it at.

So that leaves Arcane, the most boring and obnoxious shit I have ever played. Mostly because the lv90 talents are completely out of whack for arcane and only Rune of Power lets us do good damage. And fuck ROP. There's a reason why we only used it when Elegon forced us to. Talk about being fucked up the ass by RNG, how about having a goddamn tornado or wind bomb or any other bullshit cast at you over and over and having to recast your damn rune every ten seconds and then having your raid pick apart your performance when there wasn't a fucking thing you could do about it. What fun.

Our lv90 talents add a lot of fun and variety to the class said NOBODY ANYWHERE. At least balance them to work situationally for Arcane instead of one choice that works on some fights, one pile of shit that you can fall back on if you have to, and one that flat out decreases your damage if you use it at all.

And yes I actually am mad. I was JUST at the point where I was happy with the class because fire was fun to play and yes I thought combustion needed to be nerfed. I think comb should not spread with our dots because it is impossible to balance, and I have thought that since patch 4.0. Instead of addressing that they gave some retard a 200 pound maul and went all HULK SMASH on the spec. And now I either play a spec I hate or sit out of the raid for someone else willing to do so. Thanks idiots.
    Last edited by Kreugen; 12-13-2012 at 12:11 AM.

Apprentice Developer
    Tuconots
    The WoW raid podcast actually went in depth about mage nerf and what the top 3 mage (some french asshole in method or something) in the game are doing as far as rotation and gems/enchants. I think it was this weeks "convert to raid" podcast on itunes.

Also, MoP is fun from a casual persons point of view. I enjoy this game tremendously right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbySoup View Post

It's an absolutely horrible, horrible fucking mechanic. The only hope is in years to come we should all be able to play on one server, ala EVE with dynamic instancing and load balancing as and when it's needed, like a very advanced version of how EQ2 handled it's zones and public dungeons.
    You mean exactly what Elder Scrolls MMO is gonna do?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Big W Powah! View Post
    Havent played in a bit;

Warriors aren't bad, but DKs/Paladins/Monks/Hunters are better. Rogues can be...but you need solid gear and to know what the fuck you are doing.

Tuconots
    Thanks

Tuconots
    I'm gonna download the game to check it out again. If I want to trial some of the monk shit, is it better I get a scroll of resurrection or use my 10 day trial? Or do one first then the other?

Edit: I have an account flagged up through Cata.

Tuconots
    Ok so the gods of LRF shined my DK's turds today big time.

2H Axe from Sha.
    Tier shoulders.
    Sword of seven stars.
    Tier chest which I took for offspec as I got one last week anyway.

I had to use coins but got an item from every single one, Jebus be praised.

Back to the mage thing totally agree about everything, in the space of a week they nerfed our survivabiliy across the board and nerfed our top damage spec. Good fucking game Blizzard.

Lvl 90 talents are fucking abysmal.

Tuconots
    Can you still game the LFR ilvl? I swear to god I keep grinding fucking heroics and I'm probably 1-2 upgrades away from 460 on my DK and can't afford 30k gold epics yet all I ever see drop is damn leather/mail. Been at 458 for a week. What's the cheap way to game out my last two points? just greeding and keeping all 463 gear?

I should say i've neglected rep a lot until now, so I almost have valor for a piece. just not the rep.

Tuconots
    my monk was 469, 1 short of HoF/Terrace, so i bought an epic glove for 1500g, kept it in my inventory and could queue... 460 should be pretty easy to get

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Big W Powah! View Post
    Havent played in a bit;

Prot is pretty ridiculous at soloing stuff, Second Wind alone can carry you.

Quote Originally Posted by kudos View Post
    Also, MoP is fun from a casual persons point of view. I enjoy this game tremendously right now.
    The raiding has been fantastic as well, which is a big relief after the shitfest that was DS. We've been through 12/16 of the bosses on heroic and there's been a great mix of difficulty. Sha of Fear looks legitimately difficult too, so it's shaping up to be a good finish.

They've cockteased us with news on the next tier as well, alluding to an Ulduar-like raid. That's a lot to live up to IMO, hopefully they don't fuck it up.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Draegan View Post
    I'm gonna download the game to check it out again. If I want to trial some of the monk shit, is it better I get a scroll of resurrection or use my 10 day trial? Or do one first then the other?

I did a 10 day trial because I wasn't sure if I wanted to resub for a couple months, so I did the 10 day trial - you can go up to the very edge of 86, which limits you in pandaland, but you can make a monk and/or panda and level it to that point if you so desire. However it does disqualify you from SoR.

Tuconots

use SoR first to get a free level 80 on any server. Fuck around with the classes in dungeons and PVP and see which you want to level to 90 first, you can still do pet battles and all the PVP and everything except zone into pandaria afaik. When SoR expires (10 days I believe?) you can then probably apply the 10 day MOP trial or just buy mop & sub.

Tuconots
    Can you still game the LFR ilvl? I swear to god I keep grinding fucking heroics and I'm probably 1-2 upgrades away from 460 on my DK and can't afford 30k gold epics yet all I ever see drop is damn leather/mail. Been at 458 for a week. What's the cheap way to game out my last two points? just greeding and keeping all 463 gear?

I should say i've neglected rep a lot until now, so I almost have valor for a piece. just not the rep.
    Make sure you grind scenarios too if you still need 463s, it's still not a guaranteed drop but they increased the chance of getting loot at the end by quite a bit, they can reward 476 gear on rare occasion, and they reward JP so you can push a few pieces up to 471.

Tuconots
    its easy to game LFR by just doing BGs and arenas on my DK, upgrade the 458 honor gear you can buy to 466 and you should be able to buy 1-2 pieces of malev gear really fast (ring, neck, trinket each are 1250). And if you are a DK definitely go tank and q heroics as tank, insta-Q plus a bag of gold/extra shit to sell, and tanking in full PVP gear is no problem at all I've done every heroic in it and usually top the dmg meter.

Tuconots
    What's the cheap way to game out my last two points?
    As above, do some BG to get honor and purchase 458 upgrades to your 450 blues.

Or, if you already have enough JP, use the ilvl upgrade from justice points to upgrade your weapon and biggest items (torso/legs/head), which, given you want to avoid "30k gold epics" mean you are probably still using blues. 1500 justice gives 8ilvl on those, which translate into about 1 1/3 ilvl average increase for each piece.

Tuconots
    Thanks. Yeah, apparently I left my account broke after leaving in cata and only have 14,000 gold. But I haven't found epics up for less than 20-30k on my server.

Overall, I'm liking Mists. Even the dailies. I am being super casual though (ok, maybe not). I had a blast lately duoing some old wrath content. Seems H LK 10 is still tough to duo w/I disease removal

Tuconots
    Gave in and bought MoP and patched last night. Not a huge fan of the new BM hunter spec. I think there's like 6 cooldowns that all sit in the rotation. I really liked the survival rotation everyone used at the end of Cat. Thought that was totally manageable. New one is kind of a headache but whatever. I'll get used to it.

Tuconots
    http://www.ownedcore.com/forums/worl...a-support.html

Similar to evermorph, but better. If you're like me and have been playing since vanilla, the little things help with overall enjoyment.

Tuconots
    use SoR first to get a free level 80 on any server. Fuck around with the classes in dungeons and PVP and see which you want to level to 90 first, you can still do pet battles and all the PVP and everything except zone into pandaria afaik. When SoR expires (10 days I believe?) you can then probably apply the 10 day MOP trial or just buy mop & sub.
    I just did a trial. I won't be playing long enough to get 90. No time these days.

Tuconots
    What precisely was changed to fire mages, i scrolled through the first couple pages of MMO champion and didn't see anything.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
    What precisely was changed to fire mages, i scrolled through the first couple pages of MMO champion and didn't see anything.
    Someone posted it a couple pages ago, but I got the jist that it was mainly a pretty big nerf to their Critical Chance within the fire line? At least, thats what I picked up from it.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Forbin View Post

The periodic damage from Combustion has been reduced by 50%.
    The critical strike chance multiplier from Critical Mass has been reduced to 1.25 (was 1.5).

then later:

Critical Mass now multiplies the critical strike chance of Fireball, Frostfire Bolt, Pyroblast, and Scorch by 1.3 (was 1.25).
    Inferno Blast now spreads Ignite, Pyroblast, and Combustion to 3 surrounding targets.

Doesn't matter for PvE really, but also:

When Fire Blast modified by Glyph of Fire Blast is used to detonate a Frost Bomb, the resulting Frost Bomb now deals 50% less damage.
    Last edited by Sinzar; 12-13-2012 at 10:15 PM.

Tuconots
    Anyone try Brawl'gar out yet?

Tuconots
    Anyone try Brawl'gar out yet?
    Yup. Got to rank 7 on my spriest, really stuck on Summoner. Fights are pretty fun and a good waste of time.

Registered User The Noble Savage's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Rank 8. Haven't downed any of the rank 8 bosses yet, my ilevel is too low, can't pull the DPS required.

Tuconots
    I am on battletron right now, just don't have the dps to kill it I think. I am pulling 77k but I end up dieing after exhausting ghoul sac, pot, lichborne healing, and a bunch of deathstrikes. I have a bunch of LFR gear mixed with malev gear(since I don't play often) , I think I need to try that death siphon shenanigans mixed with rune tap.

Tuconots
    Annoying thing about him, is a bunch of early people killed him, then they hotfixed him and doubled his HPs. I had to flask and get 300 stat food and join the "buff raid" of the people standing around and watching to meet the DPS requirements post hotfix. I don't raid anymore, just do LFR weekly, or else it would have been easier.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by The Noble Savage View Post
    Rank 8. Haven't downed any of the rank 8 bosses yet, my ilevel is too low, can't pull the DPS required.
    The C'thun boss, Zen'shar, has a relatively low DPS requirement compared to the other 3 rank 8 fights. I killed him on my 3rd or 4th try, but haven't been able to get any of the other 3 even below 30%.

Tuconots
    Think I've seen him once. I always get god damn Millhouse or Epicus Maximus, and the lines are getting pretty long now. Just sort of opted out until I get better gear.

Tuconots
    Yeah, I hear you. It really blows that you have to be in at least half heroic raid gear (or wait until like, 5.6 when LFR gear is ~510 ilevel or so) to complete all parts of their on-the-side single-player niche addition to the game.

Tuconots
    I don't really see a problem that it takes close to the best gear to finish all four bonus fights. It will be much easier 1-2 content patches later anyway when gear keeps getting higher. I do wonder how possible Disruptron is on a melee class though. Dodging all that shit leaves barely any time to actually dps him, and need to do 10 million in 2 minutes! Has anyone here beat him yet?

Tuconots

If you want to see Panda you need to do the Panda Trial.

But if you do the Panda Trial it makes you inelligable for the Scroll of Ressurection.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinzar View Post
    The periodic damage from Combustion has been reduced by 50%.
    The critical strike chance multiplier from Critical Mass has been reduced to 1.25 (was 1.5).

then later:

Critical Mass now multiplies the critical strike chance of Fireball, Frostfire Bolt, Pyroblast, and Scorch by 1.3 (was 1.25).
    Inferno Blast now spreads Ignite, Pyroblast, and Combustion to 3 surrounding targets.

Doesn't matter for PvE really, but also:

When Fire Blast modified by Glyph of Fire Blast is used to detonate a Frost Bomb, the resulting Frost Bomb now deals 50% less damage.
    After seeing the changes and knowing i wouldn't have to play fire on my mage almost made me wanna resub, then i remembered the last tier of talents for mages and i said fuck that.

Thread Information