Page 1 of 151 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Gilgamesh Live Server

Tuconots

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Gilgamesh Live Server

Damn my legs are getting tired of following you guys around the internet.

New video from yesterday for the small few of us interested. If I can embed youtube here let me know how and I'll edit the post.
    YouTube Final Fantasy XIV: Quests and Combat (Alpha)

The epic cinematic that makes little sense to anyone but most people dig it:
    YouTube Final Fantasy XIV: End of an Era

Also some decent information translated here here from a live letter in October. Most notable to me was the fact that while of course you'll have to buy a PS3 copy, you can play your characters between PC and PS3. The video itself doesn't impress too much. Here's hoping the PS3 version is enjoyable from my Flexsteel.

EDIT: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hNHBNV2c#gid=0 - Guild signup doc. - Adam12

Board Guild Mumble Information:
    Rerolled FFXIV RR
    Ip: 108.61.46.212
    Port: 11013
    temp pass: isis

NEW TO FFXIV/Phase4? READ HERE FOR QUICK & DIRTY TIPS! Courtesy of Rerolled guild (ISIS) leader Spoilered for wall of text factor:
    Spoiler: 
    So, if you are newcomer to the game, here are some hard won tips and tricks. I really hope my memory as to what level and time things unlock are correct, it's been awhile..

Goal #1 = Unlocking Guildleves

Guildleves are a kind of repeatable quest. They unlock at level 10. Upon unlocking these, They can be used and accumulate at the rate of 4 every 12 (I think) rl hours. THESE WILL ACCUMULATE DURING DOWNTIME, INCLUDING BREAKS IN THE BETA. HAVING THESE STOCKED HIGH WILL BE AMAZING FOR FUTURE PROGRESS.

Goal #2 = Completing Ifrit on my main class. Preferably at level 18 or 19.

This is part of your main quest chain. This unlocks your Grand Company (after several run around cutscene quests), which is different from a Free Company (guild). Grand Companies are kind of like factions in WoW, you join them, and doing fates and various other tasks after you have joined reward you with seals that you can spend on equipment, and more importantly, your chocobo. This means that you can achieve your chocobo this weekend.

I want to get this done by level 18 or 19 so I don't waste any XP fate grinding for seals. Once you hit level 20, you can do the chocobo quest for your first mount.

Rest XP:

It's a bit backward, but you DO NOT GET REST XP IN THE MAIN CITIES. I learned this one the hard way. Rest xp also accumulate during downtime, including gaps in beta, so you can come back with a FULL rest xp bar between the Open Beta and early access.

The Teleport System:

FF14 has three different types of teleport systems. One is "Return" - you bind at any Aetheryte Crystal (big blue glowing gems in certain cities/hubs) and you can click this to effectively "Hearthstone" for free once every 15 minutes.

The second is "Teleport" - using this you can instantly teleport from anywhere in the world to any Aetheryte Crystal you have ever visted. This costs gil to use, and has no cooldown. You can also "Favourite" up to 3 locations to teleport to them at a reduced price.

The third is the teleport system within cities. This is called the Aethernet. Smaller Aetheryte crystals are scattered throughout the city and clicking any of them let you teleport from any Aethernet crystal to another Aethernet crystal. Aethernet exists in the 3 main cities. When you unlock all of the Aethernet locations in a city you gain the ability to teleport out of the cities main exits (into the quest areas) from the Aethernet as well.

Starting City, Starting Races, Jobs and Stats:

Your starting city is determined by your class and class alone.

Gridania: Conjurers, Lancers, Archers
    Ul'dah: Thaumaturges, Gladiators, Pugilists
    Limsa Lominsa: Marauders, Arcanists (and most likely Musketeers coming next, the 2nd Dex class)

Expect Gridania to be the most crowded as 3 popular classes start there and Beta 3 was Gridania only, so more people are familiar with the area.

Limsa Lominsa will also be crowded as Arcanist is a new class that hasn't been playable yet and people will be trying them out en mass.

There is no difference in stats or anything else by race. Go with your personal preference.

Each level after level 10 (I think) gives you stats. These are seperated by class, so adding stats to one class won't affect the stats of a secondary class. Far as we know, just dump these in your primary stat (VIT for Marauders and Gladiators, DEX for Archers, STR for Pugilists and Lancers, INT for Arcanists and Thaumaturges, MND for Conjurers.

Jobs come at level 30 and cannot be used for this Beta, so don't worry about them.

Fates:

Fates are mini-quests that activate out in the quest areas. No one is quite sure how they activate, it may be tied to people completing quest, or it may be random.

Fates usually have some story basis (Enemies raiding, people trying to steal stuff, swarms of enemies due to environmental conditions, or large boss monsters, etc) Upon entering a fate area, you are prompted to temporarily reduce your level (if you are over the maximum level of the fate) if you want to participate.

Doing fates will grant you Grand Company Seals (used to purchase items in their shop, like the chocobo) as well as hefty chunks of XP and Gil. You can receive up to 3 levels of reward (lets call them bronze, silver, gold) depending on your contribution.

I go out of my way to hit all that I see, they're really money for jam. They show up on the map and minimap with icons and shaded areas showing which area the fate covers.

Speaking of De-levelling, it happens in single player instances (important quests) and regular 4 man instances as well. For these it is automatic if you are overlevelled - it will scale you down to the highest level possible, including skills, and stats on your equipment. Out in the field, for fates, it's optional, but if you choose no, you won't get any fate rewards. This allows you to ride through a fate and not get delevelled if you are not interested in doing it.

I may have made some mistakes here, I'm working off my memory. If anyone else has any questions, post them here and I will do my best to answer them.

20150902 - Games still great. I'm still playing it casually 2 years later.
    Last edited by Guzrog; 09-02-2015 at 06:13 PM.

Tuconots
    I don't know about anyone else but that Quests and Combat vid looks awesome. Can't wait.

Tuconots
    The combat looks very generic; but I guess anything is an upgrade over their old combat system.

Tuconots
    Looks much better than the old and similar to XI. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Tuconots
    So.... how long before I should reinstall?

Please not another year, been waiting for a FFXI-2 forever.

Tuconots
    They are sending out emails for Alpha registrations if people are interested.

http://entry.ffxiv.com/alpha/index_en.html

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Flake View Post
    They are sending out emails for Alpha registrations if people are interested.

http://entry.ffxiv.com/alpha/index_en.html
    - Must currently have an active FINAL FANTASY XIV account

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandain View Post
    - Must currently have an active FINAL FANTASY XIV account
    I didn't and could still sign up Whether I get in or not is another story.

Tuconots
    Also that's an EU link. Here's the NA link: http://entry.ffxiv.com/alpha/index_na.html

I signed up for it despite not having an active account, who knows how well they actually check that shit.

Tuconots
    Wouldn't let me sign up, gayyyyyyyyyy
    an understated ensemble that puts the "b" in subtle

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by an accordion View Post
    Wouldn't let me sign up, gayyyyyyyyyy
    Meh. Same here.

Tuconots
    I was able to sign up no problem. You using the NA link?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipmode View Post
    I was able to sign up no problem. You using the NA link?
    Using the one Sean provided.

Tuconots
    I think I signed up on EU. Fuck =/

Tuconots
    You must have an active FINAL FANTASY XIV account to apply.
    Getting this for both links... fml

Tuconots
    If you previously played the game, go to the account management site and reactivate the service, then you can sign up.
    https://secure.square-enix.com/accou...n?cont=account

Tuconots
    Yea that's just it, I never did; seeing the clusterfuck it was at launch.
    Thanks though.

Land of Dragons
    Tuconots
    What I don't want to see in the next MMO I play;

Quest Accepted
    Any kind of circle on my mini-map
    Come to think of it, a mini map
    Kill 0/X

Tuconots
    "As of December 12, 2012 (Wednesday) 11:00 p.m. (PST), we will no longer be accepting applications for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn alpha testers. The final alpha tester selection will be conducted on December 17, and notification emails will be sent shortly thereafter.

Proceed to the Alpha Test Application Site."

Get your applications in now if you're interested.

Tuconots
    New gathering/crafting video.

Tuconots
    Think I might end up playing this whenever it comes out. Not like there's anything else on the horizon, and for some reason I feel a little nostalgic for a good 'ole grindy-ass MMO.

Tuconots
    My two brothers LOVED 11 and even played 14 on release and I tried, but good god the chat system and targeting annoyed me to no end. Plus the small, but deal breaking issue, with having your character in 11 pause EVERY FUCKING TIME he took out or put back his weapon. I am way too Type A / ADD to have to deal with shit like that.

Tuconots
    Character pausing for animations was definitely one of my biggest gripes. That shit is fucking stupid.

^-- Being able to choose what item you want to get from gathering seems like a great idea. That crafting system looks pretty good.
    Last edited by Lenas; 12-13-2012 at 05:58 PM.

Tuconots
    ...so is their revamp of the last failed FF MMO or a brand new game?

Tuconots
    Honestly, both.

Tuconots
    Yeah, the consensus seems to be that it's virtually a completely new game. Graphics are different, gameplay is different, server structure is different (to reduce lag)

Retard Rehabilitation Program
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenas View Post
    Character pausing for animations was definitely one of my biggest gripes. That shit is fucking stupid.

^-- Being able to choose what item you want to get from gathering seems like a great idea. That crafting system looks pretty good.
    this. i hope they will fix the animation. everything else looks fantastic.

Destroyer of the Ubreast Angry Amadeus's Avatar
    Tuconots
    I tried hard to get into 14, but obviously it was a clusterfuck from the top down. This is a really interesting move and somewhat unprecedented in the gaming world - where the company just straight up pulls the plug on a project, shutting it down, to entirely revamp and rework it. I think it's much smarter to release a game that has long term draw to it that players actually want to play, rather than stick to your guns and stumble hard. They definitely don't want another Horizons on their hands.

Tuconots
    The initial incarnation of 14 was pretty trashbag terrible, 11 was a ton of fun if you liked EQ and could get the swing of the interface and forgive it for what was a bit clunky or overly punishing. Best group mmo I've played by far. If this new 14 captures some of what made 11 so good with a legit pc control scheme, I could definitely see myself playing as well. The fact they seem to have literally gone all in on redesign is shocking to say the least, they literally took most of the things players just could not stand and attacked them.

Tuconots
    I want this to be a great game, but I've had to deal with a decade of disappointment from Square Enix now so I'm not counting on it.

Tuconots
    I intend to try this game's reincarnation, but I think that the fact this place has no active player that still played the game and posts kind of indicates how bad the original version of the game was.

If any of you get into Alpha and find yourself bored and willing to trust a random, poke me please o/
    Last edited by syeren; 12-14-2012 at 05:12 AM.

Tuconots
    If combat isn't as slow as it appears to be, it might be interesting.

Tuconots
    Seriously hope they come to their senses and ditch the Subscription model for this.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    Seriously hope they come to their senses and ditch the Subscription model for this.
    Unfortunately this is Square Enix we're talking about, and it's become quite apparent that Japanese developers don't give a crap about what's happening in the rest of the world for the most part. Well... I guess we could hope Theatrhythm is a blow away success on iOS!

Tuconots
    I'm quite looking forward to the relaunch of this - will finally have to give it a shot, after steering well clear of the original clusterfuck.

The harvesting and crafting video looks quite interesting - the crafting at least looks to be much better than FFXI's crafting, though I do get a slight hint of EQ2 crafting (or at least how it was originally - haven't touched that game in years).

I still hop into FFXI every year or so and tinker around for a bit, so I don't really think the slow pace or animations will be too off-putting.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Draegan View Post
    If combat isn't as slow as it appears to be, it might be interesting.
    In addition to the general pace of the combat, there are a few things worth pointing out about the first battle in the quest/combat video:
    - The player was level 15 and fighting level 8 creatures
    - It took about 1 minute to kill them
    - Her spells were interrupted kind of a lot
    - She used 1/2 of her mana and lost 3/4 of her health while fighting them

In both the melee and caster videos, player movement didn't seem to matter during combat. They just stood still and traded blows. That doesn't mean that there's never a reason to move around while using abilities, but it's weird that they wouldn't showcase combat in the best light possible.

Tuconots
    Soloing isn't very viable is what I saw, thank christ maybe a game worth playing for the first time in 5 years.

You know, where most classes have to "group"

Tuconots
    FFXI was great IMO. They had me straight from the opening movie the first time I played. I wanted to play the latest FF MMO but I decided to wait a week or two and only heard very bad things about it. This looks neat and all, but I think I'll be waiting after release again cause.. god damn. What a flop that was.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Desidero View Post
    In addition to the general pace of the combat, there are a few things worth pointing out about the first battle in the quest/combat video:
    - The player was level 15 and fighting level 8 creatures
    - It took about 1 minute to kill them
    - Her spells were interrupted kind of a lot
    - She used 1/2 of her mana and lost 3/4 of her health while fighting them

In both the melee and caster videos, player movement didn't seem to matter during combat. They just stood still and traded blows. That doesn't mean that there's never a reason to move around while using abilities, but it's weird that they wouldn't showcase combat in the best light possible.
    This is exactly what I was referring to and didn't feel like typing it all out. Just watch the video, looks boring as fuck.

Tuconots
    once you play TERA, everything looks boring as fuck...

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaide View Post
    I want this to be a great game, but I've had to deal with a decade of disappointment from Square Enix now so I'm not counting on it.
    It happened from the very first expansion of EQ (which was launched on NA release). Live was pretty much a beta test throughout the game. Newly opened zone, large map, no content. > Add HNM, no loot. > Break HNM, add loot.

SE got what they deserved with the failure of FFXIV, but so did we for buying it.

Tuconots
    I got an alpha invite this morning. The download was relatively small at around 4 gigs, probably because only a small portion of the world is open. It plays like your standard MMO now as opposed to the unplayable mess we all remember a few years back. It has a usable UI, fluid movement/keybinds, improved performance, and you can finally jump. Combat isn't really that slow, it's slower than something like EQ2 but waaay faster than what the old FF14 was.

I only played 30m but it seems like they just took the typical WoW/Aion/Rift experience, fancied up the graphics, and added the job system. I'm sure I'll notice many small differences as I play more but that's the first impression I got from it.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxer View Post
    I got an alpha invite this morning. The download was relatively small at around 4 gigs, probably because only a small portion of the world is open. It plays like your standard MMO now as opposed to the unplayable mess we all remember a few years back. It has a usable UI, fluid movement/keybinds, improved performance, and you can finally jump. Combat isn't really that slow, it's slower than something like EQ2 but waaay faster than what the old FF14 was.

I only played 30m but it seems like they just took the typical WoW/Aion/Rift experience, fancied up the graphics, and added the job system. I'm sure I'll notice many small differences as I play more but that's the first impression I got from it.
    I'd love to hear how they did the job system. Did they rip it straight FF11 style or did they try to salvage anything out of 14s pick and choose your skills from classes you mastered.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxer View Post

How much FF11 influence does there appear to be? 5 million WoW clones already, hoping FF14 v2 doesn't turn into yet another one.

Tuconots
    it doesn't sound exciting...

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Valos View Post
    I'd love to hear how they did the job system. Did they rip it straight FF11 style or did they try to salvage anything out of 14s pick and choose your skills from classes you mastered.
    I never played 11 so I can't say how similar it is. You pick a starting job and when you reach level 10 you can pick up the others, you have to go to the class guild of that particular one. In the starting village there's an archer guild, lancer guild, conjurer guild, etc.

Tuconots
    At a certain point in FF11, you were able to get a subjob. This allowed you to use the abilities of that subjob @ half the level of your main job. For example, if you were a level 50 white mage, you could have up to level 25 black mage as a subjob. BUT you had to level up the subjob to that point, otherwise if say you only leveled the black mage up to level 4, you'd be a level 50 whm with a level 4 blk sub. And it was only up to half of the main, so if you reversed it and started leveling up your black mage, whm wasnt 4 blk/ 50whm 50, but 4blk/ 2whm and increased every even number of black mage leveling.

FF14 had a point system and every? ability counted towards it. I cant remember if main abilities did or not, but any sub abilities sure did. This allowed you to mix and match abilities from any class you leveled up.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    If they want this to be successful in the West, they're going to have to do something. Perhaps the Japanese will be eager to give this another try since it's Square-Enix, but no MMO has really ever been able to recover from a bad launch in NA. Hobble along perhaps, but I'm doubting that's the sort of goal they have in mind for this. If they don't do F2P (which is doubtful), they're going to need a seriously aggressive marketing campaign which includes a trial immediately after launch. Though, considering how long it took FFXI to ever get a trial (ie years), I'm sort of doubtful of that as well.

Tuconots
    I disagree, if the game is good word of mouth will get around and the game will be a relative sustainable success much as ff11 has been for years.

Word of mouth will do the marketing for you in this internet age, the game just has to be good.

Tuconots
    If the game is fantastic, it will be fine. If its only "medicore" or fills the niche of a group required MMO, then yeah they will need to be aggressive in their approach. If its just not good, nothing even has to be said.

Tuconots
    I dont think any one really remembers this game.

Tuconots
    The job system in 14 changed a lot over the last year. You had advanced jobs at 30 to unlock which required 2 subjobs to be at a specific level. You could only take spells from certain base classes with an advance job and only specific skills too. They did away with physical level and alottment points were set for each job so you didn't gimp yourself switching from tank to caster. I played for a couple months before they brought down the servers, I'm looking forward to trying the alpha

Tuconots
    damn wish I had an account. It looks pretty good actually.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Vittra View Post
    The job system in 14 changed a lot over the last year. You had advanced jobs at 30 to unlock which required 2 subjobs to be at a specific level. You could only take spells from certain base classes with an advance job and only specific skills too. They did away with physical level and alottment points were set for each job so you didn't gimp yourself switching from tank to caster. I played for a couple months before they brought down the servers, I'm looking forward to trying the alpha
    Didnt know that. I guess they might stick with that system if they already revamped it.

Tuconots
    final fantasy MMOs have always been the most confusing things to me. You need chronospheres to play on shardworlds with your crystalpals that you have to buy separate and you can only make one character. It's like they didn't want anyone but weaboo final fantasy nerds to ever play them. I don't know who the fuck even cares about this franchise anymore

Tuconots
    Got a alpha invite. I'll check it out and see if its even remotely close to FFXI.

Tuconots
    Got an alpha invite as well. Keep getting error when trying to patch a particular file.

Tuconots
    I got one also. Still patching.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Flake View Post
    Got a alpha invite. I'll check it out and see if its even remotely close to FFXI.
    Sir Flake as a fellow FF11 lover (Currently playing a classic private server with 10 population lol) please share your impression.

Tuconots
    FFXIV always had great looking graphics, pretty much the same here, performance is much better. Great character animations. The UI looks to be actually designed to be used on a PC and you can customize it. Five minutes of playing and its already 100 times better of a game than FFXIV 1.0, which really isn't saying too much. Looks to be totally new game with some art assets shared shared with the original. The base game is there, if group content is decent, it could be good PVE game.

Tuconots
    It seems like a handful of you got a invite, let's hear some impressions!

Tuconots
    The UI is much improved. Being able to jump is nice but sometimes it wont let you jump off cliffs. The questing system was revamped although those god awful levequests are still there. Graphically, the game is gorgeous and runs good with a lot of people on the screen with lots of spell and particle effects. I am running with 2 570s at 2560x1440 and maintaining a steady 40-60fps. The pace of combat is a touch slow but then again I am a Conjuror (healer). I haven't grouped yet but I do know that skill chains are in. They have limited the classes to Conj, Lancer, Archer for this alpha test. So far so good. Much better than that abomination they put out before. The questing system is very WoW like though with "!" and what not. Even shows you the spot on the minimap to go to.

Tuconots
    What I really need to know is, when you get a bit higher is group play required for most classes.

I'm only interested if this is a group play MMO like FF11.

Thanks Flipmode for feedback!

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagdaddy View Post
    What I really need to know is, when you get a bit higher is group play required for most classes.

I'm only interested if this is a group play MMO like FF11.

Thanks Flipmode for feedback!

From the amount of HP and the strength of mobs as I level up, I am finding I need at least a second person if not a group to get efficient kill speed. So I am leaning towards this is gonna be a group based game like FFXI

Tuconots
    Wish I could un-neg you big Flip.

Tuconots
    From the amount of HP and the strength of mobs as I level up, I am finding I need at least a second person if not a group to get efficient kill speed. So I am leaning towards this is gonna be a group based game like FFXI
    Something may be off, because iirc they said that questing will be the most efficient way of leveling.

Tuconots
    if anyone has an extra invite hit me up
    CAUTION: THIS BOARD IS MODERATED BY ISIS SYMPATHIZERS
    Quote Originally Posted by chaos View Post
    No one is any worse than anyone else, we're all just pushing our own agendas. Even ISIS

Tuconots
    So these leve quests can be done solo but you get much more xp in a group and since there is a limited amount of them per real world time, these will end up being massive xp chunks and shouldn't be wasted solo.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagdaddy View Post
    Wish I could un-neg you big Flip.

Me too lol!

Tuconots
    in time

Tuconots
    The UI is much improved. Being able to jump is nice but sometimes it wont let you jump off cliffs. The questing system was revamped although those god awful levequests are still there. Graphically, the game is gorgeous and runs good with a lot of people on the screen with lots of spell and particle effects. I am running with 2 570s at 2560x1440 and maintaining a steady 40-60fps. The pace of combat is a touch slow but then again I am a Conjuror (healer). I haven't grouped yet but I do know that skill chains are in. They have limited the classes to Conj, Lancer, Archer for this alpha test. So far so good. Much better than that abomination they put out before. The questing system is very WoW like though with "!" and what not. Even shows you the spot on the minimap to go to.
    I couldn't agree more. I felt the overall feel of the game was great. The art and environment was top notch. I didn't really get very high, but the combat was fluid from a lancers perspective. You had a long GCD however you also seem to get active skills which you can use on the fly. You're also not locked in combat and can move around freely. The questing system was simple and I can see the easy transition to console, however like Flip said it was very WoW like. Get quest, run here hand in or kill this. Markers everywhere on the mini-map.

Performance was fine. I was running it on a single GTX580 with everything maxed out with no slowdown whatsoever. Didn't get to try grouping but I could see there were a few high levels running around (15-20) in some decent looking armour already. Definitely a game to keep your eye on if you liked FFXI, just need to confirm the level curve and difficulty.

Tuconots
    Bros, I'm really looking forward to this again. I haven't been back to it since beta testing back in the day because it was so awful then. Sounds like they're making an actually decent, playable game this time around. Love the FF job system. Will have wood for this until I get to try it out again.

Tuconots
    Give the people what they want.

Tuconots
    if this is going to be a WoW copy, is it worth it.

Tuconots
    No

Tuconots
    goddamnit.

Tuconots
    It's rough all over new pal Trollface.

Tuconots
    I've been thinking about jumping back into FFXI bros. I think when I left off I had soloed a bunch of classes to 37 and had dancer at 49 but couldn't find anyone to hook me up with limit break quest help. Was shitty.

Tuconots
    I hear live is fucking awful, I play the only classic private/emu server there is.

Problem is like it's only Zilart, relatively new, and has like 5-10 people on it.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by bayr View Post
    final fantasy MMOs have always been the most confusing things to me. You need chronospheres to play on shardworlds with your crystalpals that you have to buy separate and you can only make one character. It's like they didn't want anyone but weaboo final fantasy nerds to ever play them. I don't know who the fuck even cares about this franchise anymore
    That's how it was in the beginning bro. FFXI is much better now and most of people's gripes have been addressed to some extent. It looks like they're turning FFXIV around, not that it has much of a chance to be successful any more.

Tuconots
    You guys still enjoying this? I was hoping for a beta invite:-\

Tuconots
    Seems to be a global 2 second cooldown on most abilities, short duration buffs are on a separate cooldown. The point of combat seem to be to perform combos and not spam all your abilities.

Tuconots
    If anyone isn't interested in playing after trying it, shoot me a pm (don't have much to offer, maybe a dota2 item).
    an understated ensemble that puts the "b" in subtle

Tuconots
    guessing you guys playing this are not feeling it?

Tuconots
    I am reserving my judgment till I do some group content. Its very much improved, but as shitty as it was at release, its hard not to improve on it.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by spanner View Post
    I am reserving my judgment till I do some group content. Its very much improved, but as shitty as it was at release, its hard not to improve on it.
    Does it have you wanting to log in?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Convo View Post
    guessing you guys playing this are not feeling it?
    I've just been working a lot. I'm waiting until all the classes are in and do some grouping to give my final verdict. I do enjoy it way more than version 1.0 if that says anything.

Tuconots
    https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...Roadmap_EN.pdf

The beta road map they just posted

Tuconots
    Sweet I think I have that SE Members code thing

Tuconots
    I still can not patch. They haven't really said anything other than its a known issue.

Tuconots
    http://youtu.be/fe09gta0WAw

Here's a video they just posted showing an instanced dungeon. Not sure how to embed videos on my phone

Tuconots

Tuconots
    At least it doesn't look like an standard wow hallway of doom.

Tuconots
    Actually that looked really good

Tuconots
    I played the game a bit before they brought it down for the relaunch. The changes that were made to the game over its previous launch version had been fairly significant. Combat wasn't total garbage, leveling wasn't entirely a chore (well grouping wasn't too bad if you went to the fun spots) and a few particular encounters could even be called fun. That said, I do think the relaunch has a bunch of potential, although I am not in the alpha since I have more important stuff going on - if the 'new' team pushed the game in the right direction this could very well be playable and possibly even fun... maybe. I say all this only based off what I saw before I stopped playing the last version before the game was brought down. I haven't really cared at all about the videos and trailers posted in this thread and the old thread, because frankly, I don't care about fluff - especially not from Squareenix. But I do think the team behind it is capable of doing good things, so we will see.

Theres likely going to be a nice big flaw when it launches, which we probably can't avoid - SE is stubborn, so after it relaunches, it will have a sub fee tacked on to it- if not immediately then shortly thereafter. Obviously they have a lot going against them and their relaunch, and at best it's going to be a struggle for them. I think I may give it a shot if its free after the relaunch (or when its open beta) but I think that either way it turns out - it will be a struggling game with any sort of subscription to deal with, especially these days.

Unless its the second coming of Everquest I won't pay another penny for this game.

/shrug
    Last edited by Sarg; 12-27-2012 at 09:33 PM.

MAKE EARTH EXTINCT AGAIN! Abefroman's Avatar
    Tuconots
    There needs to be a law against fucking clickers making videos.

Tuconots
    So has anyone mentioned if this is anything but a WoW clone? Hotbar, instanced dungeons, and kill/collect quests make me think so...

Anything that differentiates this from RiftWowAionHammerCraft?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Abefroman 3.0 View Post
    There needs to be a law against fucking clickers making videos.
    This.

That video looked like crap. Sure it looked shiny, but I assume we're looking at it from the tank's perspective and he just stood there clicking on his hotbar. Then we saw the dps and he just stood there clicking on whatever ability came off of cooldown.

So combat is this:
    Stand still.
    Click on whatever is off cooldown.
    Win.

??

Tuconots
    After watching that video on instances, goddamn does the game look good visually for a MMO.
    Last edited by Forbin; 12-27-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Tuconots
    Yeah GW2/Rift/WoW/TOR def aren't like that.

Last edited by Swagdaddy; 12-28-2012 at 05:53 AM.

Thread Information