Page 133 of 133 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133
Results 2,641 to 2,644 of 2644

Thread: EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Tuconets
    Quote Originally Posted by Secrets View Post
    That video was taken prior to recording with OBS (which fixes that problem), and EQ1 has had this weird bug since DX9 where the gamma gets adjusted in windowed mode. So I tend to not change the setting every time I log in, and the EQ client tends to change it to a setting that is way too high.

My newer videos look better than that one, with less framerate stutter. I'm not sure about gamma, but it looks far better on my setup with OBS than it did back when I used Dxtory.
    Fucking hell, double nostalgia there with EQ and Sonic track.

Tuconets
    Quote Originally Posted by gogojira View Post
    I know it's been brought up a thousand times in the past and I think there was even an attempt to do it at one point, but we're pretty well stuck with the current models for now and forever aren't we Elidroth? Most of the time I just default to the old models because as archaic as they are, the animations are so much better than the janky ass Luclin models.

It's hard to imagine that ever being a priority when most people will probably just always accept the current look with a few new raid zones every year. I've got no idea the undertaking it'd require, but I can dream!

I'll probably get a bit more serious into EQ1 when the new expac drops, need to hit that cap again.
    you just gave me an idea -- they should implement station cash marketplace stuff for people that prefer the old models.

i might actually drop some money on some new armor textures if it was for the classic models.

maybe tie it into the release of a new classic/progression server if SOE is still toying with that idea.

Tuconets
    Quote Originally Posted by pharmakos View Post
    you just gave me an idea -- they should implement station cash marketplace stuff for people that prefer the old models.

i might actually drop some money on some new armor textures if it was for the classic models.

maybe tie it into the release of a new classic/progression server if SOE is still toying with that idea.
    I'd do it, too. The problem is that classic models can't ride mounts, correct? Remedy: make a classic mount too, lol.

Tuconets
    Quote Originally Posted by gogojira View Post
    I'd do it, too. The problem is that classic models can't ride mounts, correct? Remedy: make a classic mount too, lol.
    I'm fairly certain the reason is because there's no animation skeleton files for classic models, and even back in Luclin, they didn't have the ability to make new animations for those models because there were no rigged models, which prompted the creation of the Luclin models in the first place. You'd have to use the sitting animation with classic models, and even then it'd look pretty dumb.

This is also why boats solidity is broken in DX9 until recently; there are no in-house tools to revert the boats' solidity flags. They had to make a new boat from scratch and add the flag with the new model format (eqg).

Alternatively, hide mounts like you do if you have classic models turned on in the first place, except for your Local PC instead of other mobs in the zone. Add in the velocity effect from mounts while they are active.
    Last edited by Secrets; Today at 05:50 AM.