Page 139 of 141 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,780 of 2801

Thread: EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Tuconots
    Expansion "reveal" livestream is amusing, people completely forgetting what the expansion features/lore are, on stream.

Registered User Lvl_32_Bard_LFG's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Expansion "reveal" livestream is amusing, people completely forgetting what the expansion features/lore are, on stream.
    one edition of the expansion is $140...

... sign me up!

and it doesn't even come with a cool house

Tuconots
    I've started playing on Test again. Floatine, 80 clr, Liljamjam currently 73 mag. I was wondering if anyone with major plat wouldn't mind /testcopy'ing me some pp over. I've got 4k to my name, spells are starting to kill me. I can't farm plat fast enough to keep up with the speed I'm leveling, it would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Tuconots
    Also, I made my own little crappy guild for guildhall purposes, but if anyone is in a guild that is even casually active I would love to join up!

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by othree View Post
    I've started playing on Test again. Floatine, 80 clr, Liljamjam currently 73 mag. I was wondering if anyone with major plat wouldn't mind /testcopy'ing me some pp over. I've got 4k to my name, spells are starting to kill me. I can't farm plat fast enough to keep up with the speed I'm leveling, it would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
    I'll look for you.

Tuconots
    Holy crap, thanks. A mil+ plat is a huge help

Tuconots
    I selected test and hit apply, it's still just showing regular ones. What am I missing?

Tuconots
    I usually have to also do a complete file check or whatever its called when I switch from live to test.

Tuconots
    Is test still free? I have a pretty decent (to me) ranger on there. Otherwise I'll be playing my 72 pally on Prexus.

Tuconots
    Aye, Test is indeed the "gold" version of EQ for free.

Tuconots
    Thanks Othree for the info.

Tuconots
    Turns out my ranger is lvl 95 on test. Name's Alluvia if anyone wants to say hi or group up. Been a long time though so I'm pretty rusty!

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinadurus View Post
    I selected test and hit apply, it's still just showing regular ones. What am I missing?
    The launcher seems to have a bug in it. I've been editing eqhost.txt and changing

Host=lvseq-live-l01.everquest.com:15900

to

Host=lvseq-test-l01.everquest.com:15900

and the reverse. Curse this tiny SSD or I'd just copy the entire folder.

Tuconots
    Ended up subbing again. On Xegony, 73 pally named Lelium. The bazaar is eerily empty and prices are just crazy. I saw two Runic Carvers from different people just around 500k each! That's crazy! Lots of oldschool gear was going for a lot.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinadurus View Post
    Ended up subbing again. On Xegony, 73 pally named Lelium. The bazaar is eerily empty and prices are just crazy. I saw two Runic Carvers from different people just around 500k each! That's crazy! Lots of oldschool gear was going for a lot.

Do what Torrid said for flipping between live/test. Or, you can delete eqhost.txt between each live/test patch.

Don't fret, Xegony is one of the stronger live servers. It has one of the highest populations between BB, Xeg, and CT. I still think Test general is by far the most vocal of any server, but there are some weird people on Test (myself included!)

Tuconots
    I have started playing again, I do this every other year or so it seems.

Really impressed with some of the changes (or perhaps things I had not noticed before).

Advanced Loot System
    More than 30AA
    Easy to create your own Guild

Just to name a few.

There are some really great elements to this game they have added and I am enjoying finishing the last quests in Seeds Of Destruction Toskirakk at this point.

Tuconots
    On test Marlb

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by PosterOfStuff View Post
    I have started playing again, I do this every other year or so it seems.

Really impressed with some of the changes (or perhaps things I had not noticed before).

Advanced Loot System
    More than 30AA
    Easy to create your own Guild

Just to name a few.

There are some really great elements to this game they have added and I am enjoying finishing the last quests in Seeds Of Destruction Toskirakk at this point.
    What is the new "advanced loot system"?

Tuconots
    biggest advantage is that you don't have to right click on a corpse to loot it. shit dies, and an advanced looting window pops up... non-leaders in the group/raid can flag whether they want it for need, want it for greed, or don't want it. group/raid leaders are able to initiate rolls based on the way their group/raid members flagged the items, or can award it to an individual of their choice, or set it to "leave on corpse" (at which point traditional right clicking of the corpse is the only way to loot the stuff).

biggest disadvantage is that most people consider the system to be clunky at best, and horribly bugged and difficult to figure out at worst. particularly for the master looter. lots of client crashes if you don't do things a particular way (i'm still figuring out how to avoid them).

Tuconots
    The biggest advantage is that you can set items to be automatically looted/not looted and you don't even have to have the window pop up. Takes a small amount of time to set up if you're in a new area, but otherwise very convenient.

It confuses people who aren't used to it so you'll hear a lot of new people complain about it, but it's actually really good once you get it going.