Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,500 of 2802

Thread: EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Tuconots
    any other lowbies on test?
    Thread: Vicodin, Cigarettes, and My Fake Tits - from the diary of the Megan Fox of Ohio
    That's awful and you should feel bad.
    02-19-2013 02:33 PM
    Tuco

Thread: The ethics of stealing video games
    Your justification in life is merely self serving. Imagine if society was 100% people like you, fuck living in that place.
    05-15-2015 05:31 AM
    Anonymous fag
    the idiot who plays blessed shield with no jenkebabobob or foote

Tuconots
    Last night we woke the Sleeper on Test. Tons of guilds have awoken him over the years, so this was cool but not particularly noteworthy. Rather than just waking him up and getting steamrolled we decided to bring out all of our high level characters and see if we could give him a run for his money.

I'll let the videos tell the rest.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaide View Post
    We just killed Kerafyrm.

Tuconots
    We just killed Kerafyrm.
    Nice!

Ten years after us!

Tuconots
    Funny to see something that was so feared at one point drop like a bitch.

Tuconots
    hey jew nitsu how about you give me some of that lvl 100 gear?

Tuconots
    How do you folks level so fast? Is it just twinking or multi boxing? I level slow as hell compared to some of you folks.

Tuconots
    Define slow. Because my Ranger is only level 63 with ~300 AAs.

Registered User Lvl_32_Bard_LFG's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSeven View Post
    How do you folks level so fast? Is it just twinking or multi boxing? I level slow as hell compared to some of you folks.
    we can PL legit as hell. hit us up in rerolled:trannies

@moon, you haven't asked for a PL yet brah.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by OhSeven View Post

Took me a year to get 70 with 2500 AA.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvl_32_Bard_LFG View Post

I don't feel the need really. I mean, been just taking my time and enjoying the slower pace EQ offers in general. Last few days been working on the Ranger 1.0 and only have one step left there (Hate gem). When I feel like it I can just hit an HS spot and get a bunch of AAs in a couple of hours or even grab my merc and hit Bloodfields entrance area for the same (been also dual-boxing a shaman when I do that stuff). I think I've sort of taken the first post in this thread to heart. Get a goal, go for it. For me the goal has been to take it easy. So I am.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Harfle View Post
    hey jew nitsu how about you give me some of that lvl 100 gear?
    LOL, I give lots of gear away actually. You can ask nicely, too, if you want.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvl_32_Bard_LFG View Post

sunday I will play after brunch (PST). I will do probably 8 hours with 2x 4 hour pots if you want in.

Registered BS Wizard Black Sun Wizard's Avatar
    Tuconots
    So since I really only have cleric and a warrior, two classes that are always done with mercs, should I reroll (see what I did there?) as something else since both of those tended to be boring?

Tuconots
    A player tank is less replaceable than a cleric. You might go war/sham instead if you want to keep one. The sham can be offense or defense as you prefer, and both can whip out clerics or rogues depending on where you're hunting.

I don't know what kind of power your characters have, but I let a merc tank for my paladin for quite a while. Basically until he couldn't hold aggro off of me anymore. This way I could pull and slow without having to worry about snap aggro.

Tuconots
    Tank mercs are really bad, so player tanks are always wanted, but the real problem with player tanks is you're balanced around AC augs in all your gear and that's a LOT of camping.

Tuconots
    Well, I gave up on P99.. I probably wouldn't have, but the lag and the downtime was too frustrating when I have such a limited play schedule in the first place. So I went back to Test. Still a 95 Ranger, thinking about dabbling in an Enchanter as that's what I was playing on P99. What do you guys think of an enchanter/shaman duo? Being a Ranger I mostly solo'd my way to 95. Is enchanter/shaman a viable box for modern content or do I essentially need a mage or necro for the pet tankage?

Tuconots
    Are you saying nix the ranger and roll both an ench and a shaman or pick one of them to bot with the ranger? It depends on what you want to do, but the ranger doesn't really need buddies.

Tuconots
    This would be a new box separate from my Ranger. Though I would most likely use her for AAing purposes, not doing so would be a waste.

So ench/sham duo or is Mage or necro basically a must have for modern content, thinking UF/HoT/SoF. I guess my question revolves around my ignorance of the enchanter class and just how powerful it's charm abilities are, or if that is even a relevant skill these days.

Tuconots
    Charm pets are much weaker than their glory days in PoP, but they're still pretty powerful. I think a mage with pet focus would have a stronger and more reliable pet if you're committed to having a pet. Last I checked even a mad geared necro couldn't tank very much with his pet. They just snare/dot everything to death. They're some of the fastest AAers in the game since they can root/dot many high level mobs at once, but they're less proficient against named which generally summon and have high damage output. Necros pretty much HAVE to get their epic IIRC.

I only played SoF a short time before getting distracted by other things, so I'm not sure what changes have come down since I quit. My take is if you want to kill modern named by your lonesome look at mages or some kind of tank/support set-up.

Tuconots
    Thanks for the input Agraza. I felt last time my Ranger had grouped, which would have been early SoF, that necro pets seemed to be great tanks. In fact I believe the guy I was grouping with was a member of the forums here, one of the Hot Cheetos and Takis guys. I always heard about how amazing Mage pets were but rarely saw any, I suppose they were off doing their own thing and didn't have time for lowly Rangers slowing them down.

Tuconots
    Mage pets did get a nerf, but I'm pretty sure it didn't actually change anything they could do, just make it a little edgier. Best verify that though.

Custom User Title
    Tuconots
    Beastlord, Magician, and Necromancer pets (level 96-100) have had their base HP and AC reduced slightly. Halved the AC and HP advantage given to pets with the most basic focus (Enhanced Minion VII) and adjusted the later ranks accordingly. ----------- You can still molo 99% of all named in the game except the ones that shit out adds every 10%

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaita View Post
    I am having troubles playing eq on my new rig, When i get to the character select screen the game starts to shake and i cannot click on any of the buttons. It seems like a multicore issue. Currently running an AMD FX 8350
    Anyone have any suggestions?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaita View Post
    Anyone have any suggestions?
    I would have thought multicore issues were fixed a long time ago. The only thing I know you can try to do is launch the game, then CNT+ALT+DEL to get to the Task Manager. Find EQ under the applications tab, right click "go to process". This should take you to the Processes tab and highlight the EQ.exe. Right click that and select "Set Affinity". You should be able to force the game to run on one core.

I am not convinced this is your problem, but at least you can rule out the multicore theory.

Tuconots
    Also go and get WinEQ 2. Run the game from there. I believe there's some built in stuff there that helps push it to a single core.

Tuconots
    If you bypass the patcher you can auto set your affinity by creating a shortcut to the exe. Example:
    C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c start "eqgame.exe" /affinity 6 "D:\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme /login:yourloginname
    Someone can probably explain the /affinity 6 bit better than I, but I run 3 instances of the game from different directories and have the affinity set to other slots for each.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Agraza View Post
    Mage pets did get a nerf, but I'm pretty sure it didn't actually change anything they could do, just make it a little edgier. Best verify that though.
    The group game it shouldn't be noticeable. They had to fix it for the raid game b/c the pets were nearly unkillable.
    Krozman the Cavalier
    Best of the Best Champion - Karana
    Raid Leader of <The Darkwind> Antonius

Tuconots
    I got a couple questions, maybe you guys can help:

I quit EQ in 2004 and I'd like to have a look at the game once again, so I was wondering if my characters would still be available and where can I find info on what happened to spells/skills, game changes, etc. past 2004.
    I used to play 2 accounts, but would likely use a single one this time around: how fast is levelling if I go solo? Asking because if it's vanillaEQ-like, I'd rather dust off some level 65, else I may even start a new character for shit and giggles.

Poor Communication Skills bixxby's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Play a ranger so you can just headshot level if you're soloing. Every other class will require a group and there aren't any.
    Battle.net:Bixxby#1897 | Steam: Bixxby | Destiny / PS4: BixxbyZzz

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by bixxby View Post
    Every other class will require a group and there aren't any.
    With mercs any class can solo to 65'ish using the tank merc. After 65, necros, rangers, mages (with a cleric merc), (and maybe more classes I just haven't played them?) can solo just fine the rest of the way up to 100. It is much faster/easier if you 2 box, but it's a matter of preference.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Miele View Post
    I got a couple questions, maybe you guys can help:

I quit EQ in 2004 and I'd like to have a look at the game once again, so I was wondering if my characters would still be available and where can I find info on what happened to spells/skills, game changes, etc. past 2004.
    I used to play 2 accounts, but would likely use a single one this time around: how fast is levelling if I go solo? Asking because if it's vanillaEQ-like, I'd rather dust off some level 65, else I may even start a new character for shit and giggles.
    http://almarsguides.com/eq/leveling/ - This is probably the best guide. I used it to merc level my warrior to 85 with no real issues. The hole is insane for 65-73ish. Don't leave there without 5-600 AA.

Tuconots
    Melee dmg or caster dmg merc. Does one do more damage than the other?

Tuconots
    If you have haste and melee buffs, the Rogue merc will do more damage, but at the cost of more micro management and frustration. The Rogue mercs can be a bit of a hassle and will get themselves killed occasionally, while the Wizzy mercs are "set it and forget it". When it comes down to it, there are very few situations where you will find that you prefer a Rogue merc over the Wizard. It is not just about the numbers.

At the highend, both of them only do about 60% of the damage (or less) of an appropriately geared player.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by JTheRuler View Post
    http://almarsguides.com/eq/leveling/ - This is probably the best guide. I used it to merc level my warrior to 85 with no real issues. The hole is insane for 65-73ish. Don't leave there without 5-600 AA.
    Thanks everyone and thank you for the link, will have a look at it as soon as I can

Tuconots
    Wizard mercs can cause Z axis aggro issues. If you're pulling from a floor below where you've stationed your dudes, the merc may attack early. Likewise the caster merc will cast through walls so if you are pulling around a corner they may get started before, and then it has aggro.

This is pretty easy to overcome, but if you pull while using a wizard merc you'll inevitably discover its misbehavior and have to change how you handle the merc or how you pull.

Tuconots
    Me and a few friends did a few of the tier 3 RoF missions using both a wizard and rogue merc and parsed them to compare. Everyone was level 100. Over the course of 3 full clears, the wizard merc beat the rogue merc in every single situation (trash pulls, extended boss fights, etc). Group was shadowknight, enchanter, cleric, bard, wizard merc, rogue merc.

Even with level 100 bard haste and enchanter buffs, the rogue merc just can't keep up to the wizard's dps.

Tuconots
    even with the bard song that adds a melee proc? i remember that song boosting dps significantly on my monk. bard songs can boost up the wiz spells too which is probably better in that group setup.

Tuconots
    The melee proc and spell proc/focus songs should stack, so you can play both.
    Draegan sold us out to MMORPG.com

Exodus underway to ReReRolled.org - A Gaming Community

Tuconots
    It was a while ago, but from memory I think the four songs were:

Aria of Va'Ker Rk. II
    War March of Protan Rk. II
    Arcane Hymn Rk. II
    Pulse of Salarra Rk. II

Tuconots
    So for any of you lovely chaps that are still playing and are on the Test server, is there a friendly recommended guild to bother for membership?

Tuconots
    I copied my 80 warrior to Test if anyone wants to group up. Name is Muurlate.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Sun Wizard View Post
    So for any of you lovely chaps that are still playing and are on the Test server, is there a friendly recommended guild to bother for membership?
    If you're interested in progression raiding (prophecy of ro and beyond) look to TFO.

Tuconots
    If you're interested in progression raiding (prophecy of ro and beyond) look to TFO.
    We're about 2 weeks away from starting raids again. We now have full sets of gear for all classes on FV to copy over with -- so if no gear is holding you back from getting in on this progression, we got you covered. Get in touch with me (Nitsuu) in game if interested.

Tuconots
    If I have a 90 monk that I would be interested in copying over to the test server and then joining your progression guild how would that work? Could I de-level him to match the expansion you guys are in or would I have to start with a fresh new character?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by noble savage View Post
    If I have a 90 monk that I would be interested in copying over to the test server and then joining your progression guild how would that work? Could I de-level him to match the expansion you guys are in or would I have to start with a fresh new character?
    You could delvl him to 70 if you'd like, or you can start fresh. We have people that do both.

If your lvl 90 monk has a lot of gear for lvl 70 then delvling from 90 is probably your best choice. If not, starting fresh with a copy from FV with gear would save you a lot more time. Leveling on Test does not take long at all.

Tuconots
    Edit: nm, will run around on the necro again!
    Last edited by Fazana; 08-05-2013 at 09:15 PM.

User
    Tuconots
    Question when the new expansion comes out Call of the Forsaken, if I buy it will it include all the previous expansions that I am missing like they used to?

I am just wondering if they do it that way still, or if they switched to the way they do it for everquest 2 now and if your missing 1-3 expansions since you last played, you have to buy them all ala carte per expansion and not just the new?

The reason I ask, is have not played this shit in like years so much so that even if buy the expansion not sure that could find the magic again, as well as even get fun out of it again.
    I know it would be fun still if you had a solid guild, but relearning how to play basic stuff let alone finding a solid guild, seems pretty daunting to me.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Tidbit Scaledclaw; 08-06-2013 at 03:52 AM.

Tuconots
    Yes, you get all previous expansions with the latest expansion purchase, but... why buy anything? Play on Test and get Gold account access with all expansions for free.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Fight View Post
    Yes, you get all previous expansions with the latest expansion purchase, but... why buy anything? Play on Test and get Gold account access with all expansions for free.
    Because perhaps the only worthwhile thing to do in EQ is raid, and there are no raiding guilds on Test that measure up.
    Krozman the Cavalier

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by krozman View Post
    Because perhaps the only worthwhile thing to do in EQ is raid, and there are no raiding guilds on Test that measure up.
    So does this mean that my time on Test is not as fruitful as if I played on another server? Sure I'd like to see the old content but if the mood should strike me to see some of the newer stuff does this mean I am limited?

I mean the Bazaar sucks hard on Test but there seem to be enough generous people to satisfy any serious thing I am lacking.

Tuconots
    Ok i'll try to be fair to the players on test.

There are progression servers on test that thrive doing older content. It's a self imposed ruleset that works for them and there is a TON to do, and it will never cost you a dime or 20 hours a week to maintain. If you want a lvl 100 player on the side doing the normal current group content you're free to do so. If you want to just group and 4 box and have fun, Test is 100% your cup of tea and you'll be happy there.

Another disadvantage, at least in my mind, is the complete lack of economy on Test. There is 0% motivation to run a bazaar mule b/c I can take my character on Antonius and literally transfer the 7 million plat I have onto an alt every week with no penalty. So if you're a grouper who wants to use the bazaar to get tradeskill items, you'll find it harder on test b/c nobody farms plat in the traditional sense on that server.

However, you cannot transfer off of test if you change your mind and want something more than that. If you want to RAID current content, Test is 100% the wrong server for you. There are no guilds that can currently even touch the current raid content. As a point of comparison, there are 30 guilds actively beating Tier 4 of RoF, 15 of which have already done so. So you have a lot of choices and time zones if you want to raid. I play on a European server b/c my playtimes are daytimes work out that way. My guild was number 12 this time around and we were only 1 week off of number 1. Raid content is not about difficulty anymore than it is about play time and play style. Figure out what style works for you, and the server will pick itself.
    Krozman the Cavalier

Tuconots
    Ah so the question is do I want to "someday if I stick it out" raid or maybe play with people that like to really see old content.

That makes sense and I can see your point.

I find myself in the same situation as well. I'm temporarily in Germany right now till maybe November then heading back to the States. Test really seems like an EST server. Maybe I'll try your server since its European!

Tuconots
    I am American and worked all around the world, so have played on AB (Euro) server since it opened. It's always had a great community and atmosphere. Kroz is spot on in his assessment. Go have fun and poke around with the Euros. In your case, you can always transfer away when you move in November. I was also guilded in Darkwind for many many years Velious-GoD. I helped them reform into a raiding guild again last year (as Drezjn) and they have come a long way. The are some great people to help you out. Sadly, I burned myself out after grinding away 6000+AA. I lurk around the Mac server now for nostalgia.

Tuconots
    There is still hope for a cutting edge raiding guild on Test.

Registered User Lvl_32_Bard_LFG's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Ok i'll try to be fair to the players on test.

However, you cannot transfer off of test if you change your mind and want something more than that.
    This is not entirely true. When Hot released, they offered free transfers off of Test to any live server. They did it once, who's to say it won't happen again? Every day more people come to Test to milk the free proverbial tit. Hopefully, enough come and Sony lets us transfer off of Test to a live server before they make Test P2P for gold like live.

Tuconots
    There is still hope for a cutting edge raiding guild on Test.
    Legions of Blackburrow is in Tier 2 now I think? They're not cutting edge yet, but they've got the numbers to do it now -- they just didn't for a very long time.

Tuconots
    oh god next expansion about west karana? one of the last untouched original zones. greater faydarks time is running out.

Tuconots
    I'll shit bricks if they touch gfay.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    I'll shit bricks if they touch gfay.
    Agreed. Gfay shouldn't be touched. To be fair, I think they've learned their lesson about touching old zones. For example Feerrott 2 being a separate zone. Zone revamps were and still are unpopular -- at least permanent zone revamps.

Tuconots
    For someone who has never played EQ before, assuming I follow proper guides and do some reading - how difficult would it be for me to catch up on Test and join some raiding guild? EQ is something I always wanted to experience but just sort of missed the boat on.

Edit: Should say, I have played it, but only a handful of characters into the 40's when the game originally launched (vanilla?)
    Noodleface#1412 - <Rerolled> US-Hyjal Horde - Noodleface

Follow me on Twitch! - Streaming Rerolled minivan dad raids Friday nights 9PM EST and Saturday mornings 11AM EST!

Tuconots
    The Freeport revamps were unforgivable.

East Commons and Nektulos didn't bother me. Lavastorm kinda sucked. Didn't love making Oasis and S Ro the same zone, but the feel isn't too different.

I assume that GF would be left alone because they'd have to A.) revamp Kelethin and B.) revamp the front of Felwithe. I assume just retexturing an area and pooping out some trees and huts takes a lot less work than redoing the cities.

Tuconots
    Super easy to catch up on test.

1. Box 2 or 3 characters (do you have a class you want to raid with? If so, we can help you pair it with another class or two)
    2. Ask for plat in Plane of Knowledge or from guild/friends. Don't be shy, people don't mind giving plat to people on test, especially new or returning players. People are always giving away equipment so you can try asking for some or just watch trade channels for free stuff.
    3. With the plat, buy Mercs for all three characters. Tank mercs are the best at lower levels so get at least one tank and a healer. If you three box grab whatever else you want DPS or tank.
    4. Go kill everything with the Mercs, don't stop.
    5. Once you get up around 55-75ish there are some good spots to afk level/AA at night while you are sleeping.
    Last edited by darkko; 08-09-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by darkko View Post

blah blah blah ...

5. Once you get up around 55-75ish there are some good spots to afk level/AA at night while you are sleeping.
    That is the best idea ever. I can't believe I haven't thought of that. Please sir, tell me m0ar!

Tuconots
    Two mobs (a stone ward) at the bottom of the ramp/rock door in the Hole respawn like every 2mins. They green out at lvl 72 I think. I think from there some people afk lvl in Splitpaw.

Tuconots
    55-60: park characters at temple in the Hole (iirc courtyard works well), you can position so you get static and roamers. Not amazing but you'll get xp.
    60+ish the stone door at the bottom of the hole. Heavily camped, but if you can get a spot it's great afk xp. Place characters just inside door off to the side with one character in the middle of the tunnel. fast respawn, great xp and plat. Popular, so you will eventually get trained.
    66-74ish (cant remember levels exactly) Splitpaw. Great afk spot and I never had a problem getting camp. Kill to the bridge, just past the second door. hop down into the little cave looking area that leads into a hallway. Park one character just outside the first door on the left and put the other two characters against the far wall across from the door, slightly in the cave area. Awesome afk xp and good plat. May be a good idea to kill the mobs in the area to space out respawns due to a decent amount of roamers. Occasionally, I would come back dead but I would have max 30AA.
    Another area in Paw is the first camp when you enter with the two rooms. This is usually camped. Place one character between two rooms and put other two characters in each of the other rooms.

There are other areas, but I can't remember atm.
    Last edited by darkko; 08-09-2013 at 02:12 PM.

Tuconots

1. Box 2 or 3 characters (do you have a class you want to raid with? If so, we can help you pair it with another class or two)
    2. Ask for plat in Plane of Knowledge or from guild/friends. Don't be shy, people don't mind giving plat to people on test, especially new or returning players. People are always giving away equipment so you can try asking for some or just watch trade channels for free stuff.
    3. With the plat, buy Mercs for all three characters. Tank mercs are the best at lower levels so get at least one tank and a healer. If you three box grab whatever else you want DPS or tank.
    4. Go kill everything with the Mercs, don't stop.
    That sounds good, but will this advice work for someone who hasn't played the game since 1999/2000? I'd love to 3 box, but is it something a new player can handle? If so, I'm really interested in playing bard or necromancer. Any recommendations on other classes to use with those?

Follow me on Twitch! - Streaming Rerolled minivan dad raids Friday nights 9PM EST and Saturday mornings 11AM EST!

Tuconots
    I don't think it would be to difficult. You may want to just start with one and do /testbuff and play around for a bit to get comfortable and then add the other 1 or 2 characters a week later. It will take very little time to catch them up to your first. It's hard for everyone to get back into the game after a long time away. It always takes me a few days to get into a groove and get all the kinks worked out. Someone else can comment on pairing with a necro, but for Bard, I always like Bard/Mage/Shm.

Tuconots
    What does /testbuff do? Raise your level?

Tuconots
    Auto levels you to 25, with level appropriate defiant gear and all spells until that point as well as skills maxed for level 25.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Narac01 View Post
    Auto levels you to 25, with level appropriate defiant gear and all spells until that point as well as skills maxed for level 25.
    Not the bolded part. I've taken to the practice of doing a testbuff with a character then doing the Crescent Reach portion of Hero's Journey just to get some decent gear.

Tuconots
    Really? I remember at one point they gave you gear, I just assumed it was defiant. I know that's how the maelin server was as far as gear goes(51/50).

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Narac01 View Post
    Really? I remember at one point they gave you gear, I just assumed it was defiant. I know that's how the maelin server was as far as gear goes(51/50).
    You do get a full suit of gear, but it's complete garbage gear. Things like +1 WIS rings, and such. Certainly not defiant.

Tuconots
    But does it look cool?

Tuconots
    Test buff gear is basically what you would have worn in Classic. It's identical to some of the better known classic items.

Tuconots
    55-60: park characters at temple in the Hole (iirc courtyard works well), you can position so you get static and roamers. Not amazing but you'll get xp.
    60+ish the stone door at the bottom of the hole. Heavily camped, but if you can get a spot it's great afk xp. Place characters just inside door off to the side with one character in the middle of the tunnel. fast respawn, great xp and plat. Popular, so you will eventually get trained...
    I assume you are talking about Pet Classes? I can take my mid-50s Necro there and simply AFK while my pet kills stuff or are you talking about some kind of scripting? Care to elaborate a bit? (Also, I am playing on Mac server but I am guessing this doesnt make a difference)

Tuconots
    Let your merc kill them.

Apprentice Developer
    Tuconots
    Funny Vanguard is more EQ than EQ is these days. I suggest giving it a shot if you want that old school game back.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzak View Post
    Let your merc kill them.
    That answers my question. Mac server is stuck in 2004 (Planes of Power) and there are no such things as Mercs.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by kudos View Post
    Funny Vanguard is more EQ than EQ is these days. I suggest giving it a shot if you want that old school game back.
    How active is the Vanguard community these days? The game has always interested me, but I never took the plunge to try it.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by zhr0 View Post
    How active is the Vanguard community these days? The game has always interested me, but I never took the plunge to try it.
    WRONG FUCKING THREAD ASSHOLE.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Jysin View Post
    That answers my question. Mac server is stuck in 2004 (Planes of Power) and there are no such things as Mercs.
    Yeah on regular servers people 2 box with a tank and a healer merc and just go afk forever and let the tank kill and the healer keep it alive.

Tuconots
    I downloaded this just to see what EQ is like these days. I realized I have no interest in the current stuff, so instead went to muck around near Felwithe/Crushbone. Yea they revamped Crushbone, orcs are red to me at 71 lol.

Then I wanted to revisit Neriak, so I created a Dark Elf. My only options are that horrible cave tutorial, or start in Drakken. So I hit up Drakken, and see a small tent with 30 trainer NPCs and quest givers all bunched together; completely uninspired compared to Neriak =\ So I logged off.

Tuconots
    You could have just clicked off Start in Tutorial and chose neriak as your starting city bro

Tuconots
    If you think Everquest, just because the game is older, requires less work to get re-oriented, you're making the worst gaming assumption of your life. Perhaps next time you should start in CR and follow the hero's journey in the achievement section.
    Krozman the Cavalier

Tuconots
    If you think Everquest, just because the game is older, requires less work to get re-oriented, you're making the worst gaming assumption of your life. Perhaps next time you should start in CR and follow the hero's journey in the achievement section.
    This. Through Crescent Reach and Blightfire Moors it kind of gives you a bit of purpose with a side effect of decent gear. The tutorial is useful as well because enough has changed that you're better off reorienting through that than just jumping in. That was a mistake I made when I first tried after it went F2P. This time around I spent some time familiarizing myself with the changes that have happened outside of the game before retaking the plunge. My experience this time around is much better overall and I'm enjoying it.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by moontayle View Post
    This. Through Crescent Reach and Blightfire Moors it kind of gives you a bit of purpose with a side effect of decent gear. The tutorial is useful as well because enough has changed that you're better off reorienting through that than just jumping in. That was a mistake I made when I first tried after it went F2P. This time around I spent some time familiarizing myself with the changes that have happened outside of the game before retaking the plunge. My experience this time around is much better overall and I'm enjoying it.
    Good advice. I've failed several times to get reinterested, maybe my problem is I'm trying to play a different game...

Tuconots
    This game sadly still suffers from SOEshitITIS. They release an expansion, make the rewards and exp great so everyone buys it then proceed to nerf the shit out of it when the next one comes out.

This game flows well from 1-75 maybe 80, then the last 20-25 levels it becomes the old EQ, only a few viable places to level in and what makes it even shittier is that its hard to find a group.

Its still fun for a few months to jump back in and do some of the vast content they have.

Tuconots
    This little gem popped up in the latest Test patch yesterday...

[Bracketed] text can now be clicked to say the highlighted words to an NPC. NPCs will still respond to typed out messages, if you wish to respond in this fashion. The color of the bracketed text can be changed in the Options window under the Colors tab.

Stat AA lines have been compressed down into a single line instead of being scattergunned around the AA window and they've added in a way to trade down Motes to lower level versions. The change that seemed to have most people excited in the patch thread is the removal of timelocks on MPG trials

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/i...-13-13.202305/

Tuconots
    I know it's probably somewhere in this thread but what kinda computer do you need to run EQ these days thinking of giving it a go again. Also it's been since 05 since I'ved logged into the game and saryrn is long gone what happened to my ranger and shaman? They still there or....

Thanks!
    Last edited by Karloff; 08-14-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Karloff View Post
    I know it's probably somewhere in this thread but what kinda computer do you need to run EQ these days th
    At least a Commodore 64. My PC is a hunk of shit, WoW lags on it at medium settings and I 3 box EQ.

Rav Scam-Free Zone
    Tuconots
    I'm interested in goofing around again, but I'm one expansion behind. I understand the new expansion is coming out next month, so if I buy the new one, will they include the previous with it?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by OneofOne View Post
    I'm interested in goofing around again, but I'm one expansion behind. I understand the new expansion is coming out next month, so if I buy the new one, will they include the previous with it?
    If you play on Test all the expansions are free.

Rav Scam-Free Zone
    Tuconots
    Yeah but I still have friends that play on my server.

Tuconots
    purchasing RoF will include all previous expansions.
    Krozman the Cavalier

Tuconots
    purchasing RoF will include all previous expansions.
    new xpac in a month will too.

Tuconots
    It's great to see so many people coming back to EQ after so long. It's still one of the best games out there.

The Faceless Order is about to start raiding again (this Monday, Aug. 19th). We're finishing up the Prophecy of Ro expansion and going into The Serpent Spine. You folks that are returning (or lurkers), this is a good opportunity to see some of the late 70 early 75 content you might have missed.

Any class is welcome to apply, thefacelessorder.com -- would love more shaman. We have gear for all classes on Firiona Vie to copy over with if you're worried about being behind gear wise. All you'd need to do is level from 25 to 70. We've probably picked up 25-30 new applications in the last 2 weeks. Come check us out if you're looking for something to do

Tuconots
    Thanks for the help last night Fight, off to a cracking start. Already hit 50 and want to be 65 and aa'ing before the day is done.

Tuconots
    Glad to help. I had a lot of fun on Test and will be back when the new expansion and content comes out!

Tuconots
    do Kronos allow you to play on the Progression servers?

Thread Information