Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 1697

Thread: Lumie's Batshit Insane Thread

  1. #1
    Delicious Noodles Noodleface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    19,187
    Tuconots
    63

    Lumie's Batshit Insane Thread

    I am certainly no Lumie, but we need this thread.

    I've always been extremely fascinated with the paranormal stuff, mostly ghosts and also alien conspiracy theories. I know other people must enjoy some of the same.

    So, my first question is, what do you think about this:

    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/44...meteor-ufo.htm

  2. #2
    Registered User Mikhail Bakunin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Champaign, IL
    Posts
    2,301
    Tuconots
    -2
    Pretty clearly just chunks breaking off but in general I am a skeptic.
    Greasemonkey script for ignoring people and ignoring posts that quote those people: http://pastebin.com/Y4Y6E1Sb


  3. #3
    Registered Yiffer Furry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,691
    Tuconots
    -39
    Congratulations you've proved the existence of aliens.

  4. #4
    so privileged Drinsic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    AMERICA
    Posts
    2,945
    Tuconots
    6
    Chupacabra piloting meteor defense spacecraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny49 View Post
    also chocolate release the same chemical in the brain that the feeling of love does, so i am training them to love giving me blowjobs
    Draegan's a faggot.

  5. #5
    Registered User Julian the Apostate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,073
    Tuconots
    21
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

    They are building quite a compelling case though.lol


    "Komanev also claimed there was a spike in the number of UFO sightings in the days before the meteor lit up the skies over Chelyabinsk.

    "We have registered an increase of UFO activity. We began to receive more testimonies of eyewitnesses" he said. "Usually we get two messages about UFOs per month. Since the beginning of February we received four messages.'
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
    Bertrand Russell

  6. #6
    Registered User mkopec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    6,164
    Tuconots
    15
    LOL, funny, but Im more inclined to believe in aliens rather than any form of religion.

    AcientAliens.jpegAcientAliens2.jpeg

  7. #7
    Mister Manager Eyashusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,100
    Tuconots
    16
    Is this the new batshit insane thread?

  8. #8
    so privileged Drinsic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    AMERICA
    Posts
    2,945
    Tuconots
    6
    I think shit about covers it. The rest is fluff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny49 View Post
    also chocolate release the same chemical in the brain that the feeling of love does, so i am training them to love giving me blowjobs
    Draegan's a faggot.

  9. #9
    Mister Manager Eyashusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,100
    Tuconots
    16
    In that case...

    ibtr

  10. #10
    Registered User mkopec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    6,164
    Tuconots
    15
    Batshit insane? You think were the only ones out there? Might as well be Catholic, man.

  11. #11
    Delicious Noodles Noodleface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    19,187
    Tuconots
    63

  12. #12
    The King of Beers Araxen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,195
    Tuconots
    18
    I prefer the name Lumie's Batshit Insane Thread. This name is way too tame.

  13. #13
    Rav Scam-Free Zone
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Tuconots
    -2
    Quote Originally Posted by mkopec View Post
    LOL, funny, but Im more inclined to believe in aliens rather than any form of religion.
    Yep. There is little doubt in my mind that life exists on other planets. There are simply WAY the fuck too many other planets out there for this to be so unique an occurrence. The point of contention is whether or not any of them have visited us. I remain HIGHLY skeptical of this, but I'm open to any actual proof that can be presented.

  14. #14
    Delicious Noodles Noodleface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    19,187
    Tuconots
    63
    My first link was just a thread starter... believe it or not work blocks "paranormal and the occult" websites

  15. #15
    Registered User Julian the Apostate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,073
    Tuconots
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by OneofOne View Post
    Yep. There is little doubt in my mind that life exists on other planets. There are simply WAY the fuck too many other planets out there for this to be so unique an occurrence. The point of contention is whether or not any of them have visited us. I remain HIGHLY skeptical of this, but I'm open to any actual proof that can be presented.
    Right on. I love Neil deGrasse Tysons viewpoint on UFO's.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.
    Bertrand Russell

  16. #16
    Registered User khalid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,539
    Tuconots
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleface View Post
    I've always been extremely fascinated with the paranormal stuff, mostly ghosts and also alien conspiracy theories. I know other people must enjoy some of the same.
    I am curious what you mean when you say you are fascinated by it. Do you mean it would be cool if it was true? Or that you think it is true?

    As a kid I was somewhat fascinated by psi. I thought it would be awesome if people had mental powers. I started studying it, saw how people like Houdini, James Randi and so many others have debunked every so-called scientific proof or test of these things. So I retired it.

  17. #17
    Registered User mkopec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    6,164
    Tuconots
    15
    Not that I saw anything like it in my life and I would have to see it myself to be a true believer, but its still fascinating. Millions of people experiencing paranormal shit, there has to be some truth to it unless, of course, those million people are all bullshitters.

  18. #18
    Delicious Noodles Noodleface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    19,187
    Tuconots
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by khalid View Post
    I am curious what you mean when you say you are fascinated by it. Do you mean it would be cool if it was true? Or that you think it is true?

    As a kid I was somewhat fascinated by psi. I thought it would be awesome if people had mental powers. I started studying it, saw how people like Houdini, James Randi and so many others have debunked every so-called scientific proof or test of these things. So I retired it.
    Little from column A little from column B. There has never been absolute definitive proof for me in either direction on any topic, so I would say that I am a believer until proven otherwise.

    I think ghosts are probably the one facet that I truly believe in, while aliens are about 50/50.

  19. #19
    Registered User khalid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,539
    Tuconots
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleface View Post
    so I would say that I am a believer until proven otherwise.
    So can you think of any situation that would disprove your belief in ghosts? It seems a fairly unfalsifiable belief. Even if I presented 100% evidence that every single ghost sighting so far in the entire history of mankind was fake, that wouldn't be "proof" that ghosts don't exist.

  20. #20
    Janitor Tuco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    20,175
    Tuconots
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by mkopec View Post
    people are all bullshitters.
    Yep.

  21. #21
    Delicious Noodles Noodleface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    19,187
    Tuconots
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by khalid View Post
    So can you think of any situation that would disprove your belief in ghosts? It seems a fairly unfalsifiable belief. Even if I presented 100% evidence that every single ghost sighting so far in the entire history of mankind was fake, that wouldn't be "proof" that ghosts don't exist.
    I am of a very scientific mind, and I would like some sort of scientific evidence. I argue the same case over the existence of God. I cannot disprove his existence and no one can prove his existence to me, barring some divine intervention with the being itself. You can see it's an unfalsifiable belief but the opposite belief is as well. It is the nature of the argument.

  22. #22
    Janitor Tuco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    20,175
    Tuconots
    86
    Argument from ignorance is as poorly founded as it sounds. If you don't agree then this is the correct thread for your views on science.

  23. #23
    Band Araysar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    17,734
    Tuconots
    -16
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleface View Post
    I am certainly no Lumie, but we need this thread.

    I've always been extremely fascinated with the paranormal stuff, mostly ghosts and also alien conspiracy theories. I know other people must enjoy some of the same.

    So, my first question is, what do you think about this:

    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/44...meteor-ufo.htm
    In the actual video itself its very clear that those chunks are traveling away from the meteor, not at it. i.e. chunks breaking off.

    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleface View Post
    I am of a very scientific mind, and I would like some sort of scientific evidence. I argue the same case over the existence of God. I cannot disprove his existence and no one can prove his existence to me, barring some divine intervention with the being itself. You can see it's an unfalsifiable belief but the opposite belief is as well. It is the nature of the argument.

    The burden of proof is on those making the claim. Why should the burden of proof be on people who are forced to prove a negative i.e. that something doesnt exist?

    If I say that Flying Spaghetti Monster is real, how is my claim just as valid as your claim of disbelief when I clearly pulled shit out of my ass?

  24. #24
    Delicious Noodles Noodleface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    19,187
    Tuconots
    63
    I didn't say your claims were invalid. I guess the difference is I'm not trying to prove anything to you or anyone else, yet instead presenting evidence for people to base their own opinions. If you have some videos of the paranormal flying spaghetti monster you'd like to post feel free.

  25. #25
    Him Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,618
    Tuconots
    64
    Not enough 'squatch talk up in here!

  26. #26
    Survived 9/23/2015 Soygen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    17,136
    Tuconots
    159
    Thread sucks with no Lumie.

  27. #27
    Delicious Noodles Noodleface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    19,187
    Tuconots
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvoid View Post
    Not enough 'squatch talk up in here!
    I'd really prefer if we could get an expert in here.. calling Toto or whatever the fuck his dumbass name is

  28. #28
    Registered User khalid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,539
    Tuconots
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleface View Post
    I am of a very scientific mind, and I would like some sort of scientific evidence. ... You can see it's an unfalsifiable belief but the opposite belief is as well. It is the nature of the argument.
    Science just doesn't work with unfalsifiable beliefs. As Araysar points out, if you try to use science with those kinds of beliefs, then you end up with 3 zillion competing theories and no way to wittle them down.

    For example, Araysar mentions the Flying Spaghetti Monster. You say post a picture. Well, we don't have to. Because, as everyone knows, the Flying Spaghetti monster is responsible for all ghost sightings and UFO sightings. I mean, go ahead, prove me wrong right. With science.

  29. #29
    Registered User Julian the Apostate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,073
    Tuconots
    21
    I think seeing ghosts and other "supernatural" stuff is a phenomenon. I just think its a psychological or neurological phenomenon. Something that happens within our brains and not something that actually happens in reality.

  30. #30
    Delicious Noodles Noodleface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    19,187
    Tuconots
    63
    Why do I need to prove you wrong? I don't want to. If you choose to believe in a tasty monster then that is your own right.

    I said to post a video if he wants so we can all form our own opinions. If he doesn't want to that's fine.

    Meanwhile, I can post videos of UFOs, ghosts, snow yetis, mole men, greys, draconians, reptilians, whatever - you can choose to believe them or not. Of course, if you're looking for another Lumie I am not him - yet..

  31. #31
    Band Araysar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    17,734
    Tuconots
    -16
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian the Apostate View Post
    I think seeing ghosts and other "supernatural" stuff is a phenomenon. I just think its a psychological or neurological phenomenon. Something that happens within our brains and not something that actually happens in reality.
    I think a lot of it is similar to near-death experiences people have where they always seem to experience THEIR particular version of heaven. Why? Its because when you die your body pretty much releases all the endorphins it has in one final massive fireworks display as you die. You essentially imagine whatever you want as you're dying and it's real as anything could ever be. I guess it's the body's way of dealing with death.

  32. #32
    Registered User khalid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,539
    Tuconots
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleface View Post
    Why do I need to prove you wrong? I don't want to. If you choose to believe in a tasty monster then that is your own right.
    But YOU were the one that first brought up science.

    Quote Originally Posted by noodleface
    I am of a very scientific mind, and I would like some sort of scientific evidence
    It isn't that I want you to prove me wrong or I want to prove you wrong. It is just that having a discussion about shit that we can't have any evidence for, and then saying you are of a scientific mind and would like some sort of scientific evidence just strikes me as off.

  33. #33
    Janitor Tuco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    20,175
    Tuconots
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleface View Post
    Why do I need to prove you wrong? I don't want to. If you choose to believe in a tasty monster then that is your own right.

    I said to post a video if he wants so we can all form our own opinions. If he doesn't want to that's fine.

    Meanwhile, I can post videos of UFOs, ghosts, snow yetis, mole men, greys, draconians, reptilians, whatever - you can choose to believe them or not. Of course, if you're looking for another Lumie I am not him - yet..
    This is all fine. And I don't think there's a problem unless you disagere that that belief without evidence is not scientific understanding.

  34. #34
    Registered User Julian the Apostate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,073
    Tuconots
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Araysar View Post
    I think a lot of it is similar to near-death experiences people have where they always seem to experience THEIR particular version of heaven. Why? Its because when you die your body pretty much releases all the endorphins it has in one final massive fireworks display as you die. You essentially imagine whatever you want as you're dying and it's real as anything could ever be. I guess it's the body's way of dealing with death.
    In Daniel Dennets book "Breaking the Spell" he talkes about Air Force pilots taking G-force training classes reported a lot of near death experiences complete with visions of a white light at the end of the tunnel. Turns out it's really just a lack of oxygen to the brain.
    Last edited by Julian the Apostate; 03-04-2013 at 09:23 PM.

  35. #35
    Delicious Noodles Noodleface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    19,187
    Tuconots
    63
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
    This is all fine. And I don't think there's a problem unless you disagere that that belief without evidence is not scientific understanding.
    I agree, and I think this may be where the Lumie line begins. The reason I enjoy TV shows like Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, etc, is because they are working with electrical/computer engineers to create devices to better understand paranormal occurrences. Of course these investigators are pretty biased one way or the other, but I appreciate them trying to work with science to prove the existence. I think Lumie just believed every and any theory thrown his way.

  36. #36
    Registered User khalid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,539
    Tuconots
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodleface View Post
    I think Lumie just believed every and any theory thrown his way.
    Sure he did, but when you start believing in unfalsifiable beliefs then you are on the road that way yourself. Lets pick any one of Lumie's beliefs, how are any of those any worse than believing in ghosts or the supernatural?

  37. #37
    Delicious Noodles Noodleface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    19,187
    Tuconots
    63
    I don't think they're worse, I just think that's how he was. I know people like that in real life as well. There's nothing wrong with it but I prefer to believe in stuff that I can see some form of evidence of. If that sets me up to be a Lumie, then so be it.

  38. #38
    Him Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,618
    Tuconots
    64
    I've got a guy at work that loves Ghost Hunters. Every once in awhile he'll tell me about an episode, and it invariably ends up with him being mad at me. I tell him that there could be ghosts for all I know, but the ghosts they show on Ghost Hunters are in no way, shape, or form actually verifiable ghosts. He gets mad and says they are, and we go around and around until I usually end with the argument that, if they were able to prove ghosts beyond a shred of doubt, don't you think they'd be doing a lot more with it than teasing people on a crappy cable network show? He doesn't get it though, he is convinced that when they tell him it was a ghost, that it truly was. I tell him that sure, I'd love to believe there were ghosts and such, but not a single one has been proven to me to be real. And the butthurt continues.

    I typically try to avoid those kinds of conversations now, because it a believer isn't going to be swayed by something like logic, even if the logic is that it *could* be a ghost, sure, but it *could* be a lot of other things too, so why did you pick ghost out of all those choices?

  39. #39
    Registered User Caliane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,501
    Tuconots
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvoid View Post
    I've got a guy at work that loves Ghost Hunters. Every once in awhile he'll tell me about an episode, and it invariably ends up with him being mad at me. I tell him that there could be ghosts for all I know, but the ghosts they show on Ghost Hunters are in no way, shape, or form actually verifiable ghosts. He gets mad and says they are, and we go around and around until I usually end with the argument that, if they were able to prove ghosts beyond a shred of doubt, don't you think they'd be doing a lot more with it than teasing people on a crappy cable network show? He doesn't get it though, he is convinced that when they tell him it was a ghost, that it truly was. I tell him that sure, I'd love to believe there were ghosts and such, but not a single one has been proven to me to be real. And the butthurt continues.

    I typically try to avoid those kinds of conversations now, because it a believer isn't going to be swayed by something like logic, even if the logic is that it *could* be a ghost, sure, but it *could* be a lot of other things too, so why did you pick ghost out of all those choices?
    if they had "proof", they would be going back to that location where they got that "proof" every damn day until no one could deny them.



    Ghosts for me is the basic. Rational mind says no. but tell that to my not rational mind when I'm walking down an unlit stairwell into an 100% dark basement in some abandoned 300year old house. Cuase it isn't going to believe you.

    Plausible explanations. First is clearly, its your mind fucking with you. Hallucination, night terrors, waking dreams, self hypnosis, etc. All very real things that can explain pretty much all ghost sightings.
    Second option is more guessing theory. First off, we have more then 5 senses. And I don't mean in a silly esp way quite yet. I mean basic.

    Sight. Well sight isn't just sight right off. color and shapes are quite different. our eyesight is sharper at dusk due to ability to see black and white is greater then color.
    "Neuroanatomists generally regard it as two senses, given that different receptors are responsible for the perception of color and brightness."
    Then this is further broken down, as the nerves from the eye move to the visual cortex. our brain translates what we see into our consciousness, and subconsciousness.
    Look at every optical illusion. there is a clearly a huge separation between what our EYE sees, and what our brain tells us what we are seeing.
    what then is really interesting is, there is also a difference between what our consciousness sees, and what our subconsciousness does.
    Studies showing people with brain damage, that left them blind being unable to process the information for the waking mind, but still being able to see with their subconscious. Picking out colors and objects they can't see.
    So you can not believe your own eyes quite literally. there is alot of room for mistakes to be made in the process.
    So the pseudo-science is ,what if there really IS something there, we are seeing, but that information is not being processed by our conscious sight, but instead the subconscious sees it. And then forms a pattern out of this "whatever", in the same way we see faces, and penises in everything, and that does slip into our conscious mind sometimes. So then what is it? Dunno. Maybe its infrared or ultraviolet light? Time distortions? gravity? auras? (reasonable to crazy scale. haha) If our eyes are slightly more powerful then we think, and can pick up bits and pieces of non-visible light, maybe this is considered trash information and ignored like eye floaters.
    and all our senses are like this.

    internal pain, sense of time, are 2 sense not part of the childish 5 senses as well.
    Last edited by Caliane; 03-07-2013 at 11:10 PM.

  40. #40
    Spittin mad rhymes Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,709
    Tuconots
    7
    Lumie's Batshit Insane Thread

  41. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    679
    Tuconots
    0
    anyone can track Lumie's recent activity btw? i really wonder what nosense he's spreading now that the maya apocalipse has passed

  42. #42
    Like a bull's walt... Nostrovia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ogden, UT
    Posts
    446
    Tuconots
    10
    Am I doing it right?
    edgSx.jpg
    "Sorry I tried to spit roast your mom."


  43. #43
    Delicious Noodles Noodleface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    19,187
    Tuconots
    63
    Being an alien nut.. you would think I would enjoy that show, but I just can't get over the fact that one of their "experts" is the guy that wrote Chariots of (for?) the Gods which included self-admitted fabricated pottery. I can't believe they let him on the show still.

  44. #44
    Maneater Eater Wuyley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    1,463
    Tuconots
    12
    "Sight. Well sight isn't just sight right off. color and shapes are quite different. our eyesight is sharper at dusk due to ability to see black and white is greater then color."

    I thought I read somewhere that more car accidents happen at dawn / dusk then another other time because of the way the lighting is. Something along the lines of we can't see better, but worse due to the colors, not the sunlight shining in your eyes.

  45. #45
    Spittin mad rhymes Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,709
    Tuconots
    7
    'I have sex with aliens who sneak into my room at night': Psychic appears on live TV claiming to have 'out-of-this-world orgasms with octopus men and cat people'

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...topus-men.html

  46. #46
    Registered User donut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    59
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mkopec View Post
    Millions of people experiencing paranormal shit, there has to be some truth to it unless, of course, those million people are all bullshitters.
    Almost sounds like were talking about religion.

  47. #47
    Registered User BurnemWizfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,606
    Tuconots
    -9
    Quote Originally Posted by donut View Post
    Almost sounds like were talking about religion.
    It all depends on who sees it, personally I have seen shit that many would classify as paranormal that I have chalked up to being tired, hopped up on caffeine and times that I have just shrugged it off knowing that our brain and our senses fail us all the time. One example would be driving with my cousin on a dark country road in the middle of no where, so dark you can nearly make out the milky way galaxy in the sky. Something darted out in front of the road causing me to slam on my breaks and it stopped in the middle of the road for a brief moment and then continued to cross the road, me and my cousin both agreed it looked like a werewolf from something straight out of Underworld. I know werewolves do not exist I know I did not see a werewolf, more than likely I saw a fucking wild boar but that doesn't change the fact that my brain failed to properly identify what I was seeing before me and this shit happens all the time to people.

  48. #48
    Him Void's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    4,618
    Tuconots
    64
    Perfect timing for this. I just spent my entire lunch hour arguing with two coworkers that I thought were a little bit nutty, but not this nutty. They both believe 9/11 is an inside job, are skeptical that the moon landing happened, insist that we can't have developed all of this technology on our own (we must have been given a "boost" sometime recently by aliens), Roswell is real, and that the "13 families" are responsible for most of it because they want to take over the world. They are both ready to move up to the hills, live off the grid, and prepare for the collapse of society.

    I eventually had to tell them that we're not ever going to speak of these things again, because I believe they are good people and I don't want to have to change my mind. Just like they don't want to change their mind on all these conspiracies.

    These people are the reason society is going to collapse, not 13 powerful families. I honestly didn't even know that was a thing. I've heard of the New World Order (how can you read Lumie without knowing that?), but never heard of this 13 family shit. So I immediately lapsed into talking about The Pentavrate, which includes Colonel Sanders, with his wee beady eyes. They were not amused.

  49. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    235
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Vvoid View Post
    Perfect timing for this. I just spent my entire lunch hour arguing with two coworkers that I thought were a little bit nutty, but not this nutty. They both believe 9/11 is an inside job, are skeptical that the moon landing happened, insist that we can't have developed all of this technology on our own (we must have been given a "boost" sometime recently by aliens), Roswell is real, and that the "13 families" are responsible for most of it because they want to take over the world. They are both ready to move up to the hills, live off the grid, and prepare for the collapse of society.

    I eventually had to tell them that we're not ever going to speak of these things again, because I believe they are good people and I don't want to have to change my mind. Just like they don't want to change their mind on all these conspiracies.

    These people are the reason society is going to collapse, not 13 powerful families. I honestly didn't even know that was a thing. I've heard of the New World Order (how can you read Lumie without knowing that?), but never heard of this 13 family shit. So I immediately lapsed into talking about The Pentavrate, which includes Colonel Sanders, with his wee beady eyes. They were not amused.
    The 13 families are the bloodlines of the Illuminati. You've probably heard of them referred to as that lol. I think its time to make an app to screw with these people. We start collecting email addresses and put up a site implicating them as all being part of the NWO. Get some blogs up and drop a few partial names. Maybe tie it into an email newsletter that has "orders" from the families and provides some "inside info". I bet you could get most of the content by rewording infowars news articles.

    How crazy could we get someone to go?

  50. #50
    Registered User BurnemWizfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,606
    Tuconots
    -9
    Roswell is different in my mind because of a few things. The actual facts surrounding Roswell is what's up for debate, lets not forget that the first official response from the government was it was an alien space craft. I find it hard to believe that anyone at an Air force base could confuse a craft capable of interstellar space travel for a weather balloon. My grandfather was actually at Roswell, New Mexico when whatever it was that crashed. I have discharge papers proving he was there along with 87 pages of his honorable discharge summary. I would love to read it but when they gave it to him they made a copy, blacked out every word that wasn't a, and, or, but, of, the, and then made a copy of that and gave him that. If you put aside his story, the fact that my grandfather was there and the unit he was in (the 509) which was dismantled shortly after the Roswell incident. If you aren't familiar with the 509 that was the group that was responsible for dropping the atomic bombs and the Enola Gay was at Roswell when the incident happened.

    As for the actual story my grandfather told I don't have time to get into depth and the story is now 2nd hand account of what happened and even first hand account is the lowest form of evidence scientifically. His story wasn't all that crazy to be honest with you, he claimed 2 ships crashed one destroyed another intact. He said they never found any bodies that he was aware of and described them as unmanned craft, the thing that leads me to believe my grandfather is that he described to me touch panels back in 1987. What truly happened I nor most of us will never know, but I promise you these people wouldn't confuse a fucking weather balloon with a space craft, maybe some local joe dirt farmer but not Air Force investigators.

  51. #51
    Janitor Tuco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    20,175
    Tuconots
    86
    I don't really lower my opinion of someone if they love conspiracy theories. I think it's just excitement for mystery that gets away from them. It's only when they start letting it affect their lives that I start getting concerned. Having a bugout bag in your trunk or having water/food/ammo storage is perfectly reasonable. But some shit people do is retarded.

  52. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    998
    Tuconots
    0
    I know how to survive an alien attack. I watched a few episodes of Falling Skies.

    That show is so bad its like they are intentionally aiming for B movie comedy.

  53. #53
    devil's advocate fanaskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    12,529
    Tuconots
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuco View Post
    I don't really lower my opinion of someone if they love conspiracy theories. I think it's just excitement for mystery that gets away from them. It's only when they start letting it affect their lives that I start getting concerned. Having a bugout bag in your trunk or having water/food/ammo storage is perfectly reasonable. But some shit people do is retarded.
    I honestly don't see how people can't think how large scale social control mechanisms don't have the potential to exist. If you think about it, if you are an atheist the catholic church is been one giant conspiracy to control large groups of people. you can see how with compartmentalization the majority of people even the people propagandizing (priests) the religion don't have to know why they do what they do, they just have to believe in it and be trained how to do it, like bee's.
    Last edited by fanaskin; 03-26-2013 at 10:12 PM.

  54. #54
    Registered User Rod-138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    481
    Tuconots
    -3
    The Myrtles Plantation in St. Francisville, LA is considered one of the most haunted places in da world, according to some shit. My friend's family owns a few cottages down the road from The Myrtles, and we would occasionally get wasted and sleep in some of the cottages for a weekend getaway. During one of these occasions, the owner of the Myrtles, friends with my friend's mom, came over and had a few drinks with us.

    He admitted to the plantation having some spooky stuff go on from time to time, but he also admitted to having a complete package of shit he prepares to scare people that stay at the place. He mentioned things like hidden AC vents so people feel 'that cold feeling' passing through them, noises throughout the night playing on speakers, and all kinds of other bullshit shit.

    So, for what its worth, guys like him exist.

  55. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    235
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod-138 View Post
    The Myrtles Plantation in St. Francisville, LA is considered one of the most haunted places in da world, according to some shit. My friend's family owns a few cottages down the road from The Myrtles, and we would occasionally get wasted and sleep in some of the cottages for a weekend getaway. During one of these occasions, the owner of the Myrtles, friends with my friend's mom, came over and had a few drinks with us.

    He admitted to the plantation having some spooky stuff go on from time to time, but he also admitted to having a complete package of shit he prepares to scare people that stay at the place. He mentioned things like hidden AC vents so people feel 'that cold feeling' passing through them, noises throughout the night playing on speakers, and all kinds of other bullshit shit.

    So, for what its worth, guys like him exist.
    Thats not really different than the "mystery spot" in Santa Cruz CA. They sell people all kinds of bullshit when its just the effects of a false horizon.

  56. #56
    Spittin mad rhymes Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,709
    Tuconots
    7
    Or the Oregon Vortex.

  57. #57
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    679
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaskin View Post
    I honestly don't see how people can't think how large scale social control mechanisms don't have the potential to exist. If you think about it, if you are an atheist the catholic church is been one giant conspiracy to control large groups of people. you can see how with compartmentalization the majority of people even the people propagandizing (priests) the religion don't have to know why they do what they do, they just have to believe in it and be trained how to do it, like bee's.
    large scale social control is one thing. The fact entire group of people have the power to costantly try to influence global politics and economy for personal agenda is not sci-fi

    different is when you start bringing alien conspiracy, mystic secret societies centuries old and shit like that

    For example, here in italy in the '80 it was discovered a massonic lodge called P2 where over a hundreds of the most influencing people of our country were part of (wiki has a well done english page Propaganda_Due). They did have crazy shit like semi-religious rituals, even a meeting room with esoteric symbols. Most of them were just a bunch of egomaniacal powerhungry bastards but others however did have a sort of distorted political and social idea of democracy

    you also got to consider that in our country the communist and socialist party were getting very strong. there was the chance that for the first time a communist party with strong ties with the URSS would go to government in a democratic election. It's something that scared shitless every "west world" country.

    i'm sure things like this exists in every country. Group of people with the direct intent not only to become more rich, but to influence politic to fit their mentality

    so, it's not scifi stuff.....but ppl bring conspiracy theories way too far
    Last edited by fucker; 03-27-2013 at 12:52 PM.

  58. #58
    devil's advocate fanaskin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    12,529
    Tuconots
    22
    mystic secretative societies

    sooooo vatican city?


    See here is the thing that makes me think about it.

    The way the really rich operate they don't give all their inheritance to their children. They setup a corporate bank and that trust loans them money at like 0.1% interest, that they repay and pass on to the next generation, you can also stipulate how that money is to be spent in a will. If you have enough money your "will" can live well after your body is rotting, the "will" of a rich secret society could be influential well after people are dead and buried. so in those terms money trusts can live hundreds of years. a couple centuries is nothing to large institutions and trusts, just because your life is short doesn't mean there isn't influence from past lives.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jdqAgAB-ZU
    Last edited by fanaskin; 03-27-2013 at 04:55 PM.

  59. #59
    Living in the past GorestabbCOE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    327
    Tuconots
    -1
    I live in a Manor House that was built in the early 1600s, have done for just over a year now. It's the perfect place for ghost shenanigans: there's a secret underground tunnel to the church in the entrance hall, derelict hidden passages to old servants quarters, there's a constant draught coming from everywhere as the walls are made out of animal furs, reeds and dung.

    Every other week or so some wierd stuff will happen. I'll wake up in the middle of the night and I'll see a dark shape in the corner of the room, strange groaning/rumbling noises, sudden drops in temperature etc etc. At first it freaked me out, but being a rational person, I could explain virtually all of it away. It's so frequent though that now I just dismiss it as an annoyance and ignore it/try and get back to sleep.

    It's funny looking back, but in the 3rd week I was here I woke up in the middle of the night and I was sure I saw a ghost. At the bottom of my bed and off up to the left there was a distinct light in the shape of a figure. I was absolutely paralysed with fright, but putting it down to a trick of the light I shut my eyes then opened them again expecting it to be gone. When I opened my eyes it was still there, as clear as day.

    Even though I'm in my 30s I found myself shivering under my duvet, just hoping it would go away. In the end I grabbed my Nintendo DS off the nightstand and carried on playing Dragon Quest V. After about 30 minutes or so I found the courage to look to see if it was still there and it had gone. With relief I saved my game and went back to sleep.

    It took me about a week to get back to bed normally without my brain conjuring up images of Alma in my minds eye. The figure didn't appear again for a couple of months, but when it did I realised it was just a reflection of the moon off my car windscreen shining through a gap in the curtains.

  60. #60
    Registered User Heylel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,917
    Tuconots
    16
    Yeah, fuck that. I don't believe in ghosts, and I realize that there's a rational explanation. On the other hand, I've experienced genuine night terrors before and I am not about to live somewhere that plays on those fears when I'm trying to fall asleep.
    If the porn isn't high res you can't get horny, but you can hate a guy at 1000 paces without a scope. That's human nature.

  61. #61
    Not My Real Name
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,123
    Tuconots
    25
    I've had a long time interest in the paranormal, and tried to find an explanation for it that both allows for people to experience and witness truly fucked up shit (alien abductions, other dimensions, etc) without them lying about it, and without it breaking too much of what we know about this universe. It appeared to be a futile effort until I started to read about psychedelics, especially Dimethyltryptamine, or DMT. This is one of the most powerful psychedelic compounds known to man and is manufactured naturally in most living organisms, including in humans (it's also an illegal substance, so the next time you go through customs, remember that both you and the customs officers have controlled substances on you! ). Apparently not much is known about why we produce this, or what it's function is, as it seems to normally occur in too small a dosage to produce a psychedelic reaction.

    However, in the early 90's Dr. Rick Strassman performed experiments on people with DMT and recorded their reactions to it. First of all, the visions they saw were described along the lines of "more real than real" or some such, that is, had they not known they were undergoing an experiment they would have believed what they saw to have actually happened. Many had what they described as a religious experience. About half had an encounter with non-human intelligence, and at least one person underwent an alien abduction. Needless to say the experiments were all performed in a hospital with Dr. Strassman and a nurse observing, and they, of course never saw any of these things.

    What is noteworthy of this research is the following. It is hypothetically possible for the human body to produce the psychedelic DMT, which will cause the subject to experience something out of this world, without knowing himself that it is not actually real. For me, this is what I have found to be the answer to most paranormal and religious experiences documented, without having to resort to either believing the witness to be lying, or that something actually did happen in this physical universe.

    Dr. Strassman's book, DMT: The Spirit Molecule, is a must read for anyone interested in this subject. A documentary has also been made about this with interviews with Strassman and some of the participants, but it lacks a lot of the science, background and issues raised in his book. You should be able to find the book on Amazon, and possibly an e-book version somewhere. The documentary trailer is here, and you should be able to find a torrent of it somewhere.


  62. #62
    Registered User Caliane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,501
    Tuconots
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuyley View Post
    "Sight. Well sight isn't just sight right off. color and shapes are quite different. our eyesight is sharper at dusk due to ability to see black and white is greater then color."

    I thought I read somewhere that more car accidents happen at dawn / dusk then another other time because of the way the lighting is. Something along the lines of we can't see better, but worse due to the colors, not the sunlight shining in your eyes.
    Was definitely messing it up in my head how it works.
    here is a writeup on rods/cones. and the two light sensitivity receptors.
    http://www.aoa.org/x5352.xml

    Basically, rods are more numbered. Can see color, and are sharper.
    Cones are fewer in number. can only see black and white. have LESS resolution. But can see in the dark much much more.


    The point I was making in general though is, our senses are very subjective. even the world we "know" is filtered through fallible sensory organs.
    Taste can be altered by messing with our taste buds. We are well aware of the visible light spectrum being not remotely the full gamut of the electromagnetic spectrum.

    Actually, I only heard of this recently..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave
    Last edited by Caliane; 04-02-2013 at 06:23 PM.

  63. #63
    Registered Retard Charles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    229
    Tuconots
    0
    Ghosts in your bedroom, night terrors? It sounds like you guys were scared already and that's causing you to have these issues. It's like a little kid watching a scary movie before bed, chances are pretty high that they are going to have a nightmare over it and/or be scared through the night.

    Personally I don't believe in ghosts necessarily, at least not the ghosts that most people would think of. I think that spirits are more than reasonable to believe in though. What are we? A bunch of matter, sure, but what are we? Our personalities, ourselves? We're a combination of matter and energy, while we're alive those two things are inextricably linked but what happens after that link is broken? What happens when we die? That matter doesn't just vanish, it's still there of course. If the matter doesn't vanish then why do we assume that the energy vanishes? That seems silly to me. Who knows what happens exactly but in my view it seems reasonable to think that what makes us continues on in some way, not simply the matter continuing on as something else in the universe but also the energy or whatever it is that made up our mind and personality.

    I don't think that science has been able to determine what exactly it is that makes us "us." I think that anyone who has had truly personal and close relationships can agree that there's something more to it than each of brains simply being powered and that's that, we aren't machines even if that's what some people would like to think. There's something higher going on that makes each of us unique and special, it's not something that's easily explained and it's not something that has been explained.

    Anyway I just found it a bit sad that people are afraid of ghosts or spirits or whatever it is, I was just trying to make you guys feel better. If there are ghosts, spirits, whatever that energy inside of us is, then there would certainly be good versions as well, likely many more good versions than there would be bad versions. And they definitely aren't going to look like "ghosts" as in the type of ghosts that you see in the movies or have in your head, they wouldn't even be visible to your eyes, if they exist then they aren't even visible to any instrumentation that we have now or they would have been discovered.

    So yeah, don't worry about stuff like that, it's silly. You should be confident and comfortable knowing that even if such things exist that, just like humans, there are many, many more good ones than there are bad ones. And on top of that they aren't able to do anything to you anyway, you can't even see them or tell that they are there. Don't worry about such things, this is not something that should scare you at all.

  64. #64
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    998
    Tuconots
    0
    I found a ghost bros.... what should i do



  65. #65
    Registered User BurnemWizfyre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    5,606
    Tuconots
    -9
    Quote Originally Posted by Flunklesnarkin View Post
    I found a ghost bros.... what should i do


    Eat one of the pellets that are typically in the corner and then chase it.

  66. #66
    Separation is an illusion The Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Zooropa
    Posts
    466
    Tuconots
    -47
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post

    Be careful with DMT. It's not for the timid.

    Imagine viewing the universe not through the eyes of a human. Being able to see in every direction all at once. Being everywhere/everything at the same time.

  67. #67
    Band Araysar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    17,734
    Tuconots
    -16
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    I've had a long time interest in the paranormal, and tried to find an explanation for it that both allows for people to experience and witness truly fucked up shit (alien abductions, other dimensions, etc) without them lying about it, and without it breaking too much of what we know about this universe. It appeared to be a futile effort until I started to read about psychedelics, especially Dimethyltryptamine, or DMT. This is one of the most powerful psychedelic compounds known to man and is manufactured naturally in most living organisms, including in humans (it's also an illegal substance, so the next time you go through customs, remember that both you and the customs officers have controlled substances on you! ). Apparently not much is known about why we produce this, or what it's function is, as it seems to normally occur in too small a dosage to produce a psychedelic reaction.

    However, in the early 90's Dr. Rick Strassman performed experiments on people with DMT and recorded their reactions to it. First of all, the visions they saw were described along the lines of "more real than real" or some such, that is, had they not known they were undergoing an experiment they would have believed what they saw to have actually happened. Many had what they described as a religious experience. About half had an encounter with non-human intelligence, and at least one person underwent an alien abduction. Needless to say the experiments were all performed in a hospital with Dr. Strassman and a nurse observing, and they, of course never saw any of these things.

    What is noteworthy of this research is the following. It is hypothetically possible for the human body to produce the psychedelic DMT, which will cause the subject to experience something out of this world, without knowing himself that it is not actually real. For me, this is what I have found to be the answer to most paranormal and religious experiences documented, without having to resort to either believing the witness to be lying, or that something actually did happen in this physical universe.

    Dr. Strassman's book, DMT: The Spirit Molecule, is a must read for anyone interested in this subject. A documentary has also been made about this with interviews with Strassman and some of the participants, but it lacks a lot of the science, background and issues raised in his book. You should be able to find the book on Amazon, and possibly an e-book version somewhere. The documentary trailer is here, and you should be able to find a torrent of it somewhere.

    I tried the a synthetic version of it a few years ago, i believe it was 5-meo-dmt. I fell into a black hole for about 2 hours.

  68. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    998
    Tuconots
    0
    Grimmlokk's title looks sorta like the bottom of the pacman ghost

    IT'Z A CONSPIRACY!!

  69. #69
    lord of all he surveys Pancreas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    behind Jack's abdominal wall
    Posts
    514
    Tuconots
    19
    I have only had one really hard to explain experience. I remember posting this back on FoH.

    1st grade, friend is having a sleepover. There are 7 children invited. The friend's mother is going out for the evening and hired a baby sitter. We stay up, eat pizza, play games, watch a non-scary movie. Time for bed, kids are spread all over the floor of his room. Lights go out, ghost stories begin. Usual campy stupid stuff. Then the light bulb in his bedside lamp pops. Shorts out? It was off, but there was a spark and the filament blew. That scares everyone and they run out of the bedroom and up to the living room which was on the second floor where the baby sitter is watching t.v. It was a split level apartment.

    There was probably a short or a surge and was just coincidence on the timing, for the light bulb popping.

    Anyways, no one wants to go back downstairs. Baby sitter is getting kind of annoyed. Everyone was upstairs at this point hanging around the top of the stairs. I decide to be brave and be the first to go down. I get to the bottom of the stairs. I remember this image clearly. The landing and hallway had inset lighting in the ceiling. So all the light was coming straight down, which caused the room to appear very dark. The friend never picked up his toys and the hallway was a mess. His bike was laying at the bottom of the stairs on it's side and I was standing over it. Anyways, before venturing into the pitch black room, I decided to test the waters a little bit. I looked around for something to throw and found a hard plastic/rubber Apatosaurus toy. It was reddish brown on the back and had a green belly.

    I tossed it underhand into the room by gripping it's tail, but I do not hear it land. That makes me pause for a moment and then I look back up towards everyone who was crowded around the top of the stairs. So at this point I am staring the whole party in the face, and I just shrug, when I heard a whooshing sound. I looked left just in time to see the toy dinosaur fly out of the dark room and past my face. It wasn't tumbling end over end, it just flew straight, all four feet pointed at the ground, and punched through the sheet rock in the wall next to me, leaving a fist sized hole. The dinosaur comes to rest on the spokes of the bike tire along with sheet rock debris.

    Everyone freaks out and I run up the stairs two at a time once it sinks in what just happened. No one goes downstairs for the rest of the night. The friend's mom is really pissed when she sees the hole and the babysitter tells her what she saw and that she doesn't know what happened. My friend still gets grounded.

    The easy explanation is that an unknown person entered the apartment. But there was only one door to the whole place and narrow windows on the ground floor that were hard to get in through and noisy as hell when you opened them. These units were cheap apartments. And for them to be hanging out right where I would randomly decide to toss a toy is pretty strange. Due to the apartment's layout, the person had to have been waiting in either the mother's room, or the bathroom. and then snuck into the friend's bedroom after we all ran out. They would have had to have been waiting silently for about 40 minutes minimum while we told ghost stories. Also this person would have had to sneak back out of the apartment silently in the hour or so window of time before the mother came home, with the whole house filled with spooked kids listening for every bump, without using the front door. Like I said the windows on the ground floor were a pain to open, and set high and narrow like a basement apartment. And then the final bit, They had to have been fucking stupid to throw a toy that hard, a quarter inch away from a kid's face.

    That is still the most probably explanation I suppose, and it has been suggested that the babysitter might have brought in her boyfriend... but just thinking about that image of that dinosaur toy flying through the air without tumbling still spooks me.

  70. #70
    MEDIOCRE! Big Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11,323
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnemWizfyre View Post
    Roswell is different in my mind because of a few things. The actual facts surrounding Roswell is what's up for debate, lets not forget that the first official response from the government was it was an alien space craft. I find it hard to believe that anyone at an Air force base could confuse a craft capable of interstellar space travel for a weather balloon. My grandfather was actually at Roswell, New Mexico when whatever it was that crashed. I have discharge papers proving he was there along with 87 pages of his honorable discharge summary. I would love to read it but when they gave it to him they made a copy, blacked out every word that wasn't a, and, or, but, of, the, and then made a copy of that and gave him that. If you put aside his story, the fact that my grandfather was there and the unit he was in (the 509) which was dismantled shortly after the Roswell incident. If you aren't familiar with the 509 that was the group that was responsible for dropping the atomic bombs and the Enola Gay was at Roswell when the incident happened.

    As for the actual story my grandfather told I don't have time to get into depth and the story is now 2nd hand account of what happened and even first hand account is the lowest form of evidence scientifically. His story wasn't all that crazy to be honest with you, he claimed 2 ships crashed one destroyed another intact. He said they never found any bodies that he was aware of and described them as unmanned craft, the thing that leads me to believe my grandfather is that he described to me touch panels back in 1987. What truly happened I nor most of us will never know, but I promise you these people wouldn't confuse a fucking weather balloon with a space craft, maybe some local joe dirt farmer but not Air Force investigators.
    87 pages? DD214 is like 2 pages tops bra.

  71. #71
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    679
    Tuconots
    0
    asking this again: is anyone aware of Lumie's internet activities after the (failed) apocalypse? i'm curious about what new crazyness he's spreading

  72. #72
    Alpha and the Omega Salshun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,013
    Tuconots
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by Araysar View Post
    I tried the a synthetic version of it a few years ago, i believe it was 5-meo-dmt. I fell into a black hole for about 2 hours.
    I did 2C-B once, then got driven along the Las Vegas Strip at night while it was was kicking in. No words...no words at all.

  73. #73
    Dr. Ruse Ruseberg Tarrant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    11,203
    Tuconots
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by fucker View Post
    asking this again: is anyone aware of Lumie's internet activities after the (failed) apocalypse? i'm curious about what new crazyness he's spreading
    He never made the move from FoH over to here I don't believe.

  74. #74
    Registered User Sithro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,144
    Tuconots
    12
    What happened anyway? Why did FoH suddenly vanish?

    And someone needs to get Lumie back in this forum...

  75. #75
    Treats objects like women Famm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,260
    Tuconots
    50
    There's nothing mysterious about what happened to FoH, why it....simply disappeared.

  76. #76
    Registered User Golt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    240
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    He never made the move from FoH over to here I don't believe.
    Lumie is here. At least i'm *pretty* sure this is him: http://www.rerolled.org/member.php?3208-Luminati

  77. #77
    Survived 9/23/2015 Soygen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    17,136
    Tuconots
    159
    I dunno. None of that guys posts are calling someone a 'fucking retard'. Doesn't smell like Lumie.

  78. #78
    Registered User Golt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    240
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Soygen View Post
    I dunno. None of that guys posts are calling someone a 'fucking retard'. Doesn't smell like Lumie.
    Lumie was a pretty avid league player, i remember his posts/comments back on FoH about it. His in game name in there is AreURdyFortheEnd .. and obviously the name Luminati. Could be an elaborate troll I grant you, but I think he might be lying low after the apocalypse didn't happen too.

  79. #79
    Spittin mad rhymes Troll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    1,709
    Tuconots
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Famm View Post
    There's nothing mysterious about what happened to FoH, why it....simply disappeared.
    Fucking aliens from the Swampdonkey planet took our berds.

  80. #80
    Former Zombie suineg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Parents house
    Posts
    13,602
    Tuconots
    -23
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Phoenix View Post
    87 pages? DD214 is like 2 pages tops bra.
    Well since you didn't get an honorable discharge you wouldn't know about that 87 pages, plus you were only in for like four hours sitting stateside.
    oderint dum metuant

  81. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    998
    Tuconots
    0
    Idk.. with the way they give out ribbons and medals these days it might be possible... hell I had 3 rows of ribbons after one enlistment.
    Last edited by Flunklesnarkin; 04-12-2013 at 06:20 AM.

  82. #82
    Survived 9/23/2015 Soygen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    17,136
    Tuconots
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Golt View Post
    I think he might be lying low after the apocalypse didn't happen too.
    True that. I hope it's him. I want as many of the FOH personalities to be here as possible.

  83. #83
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    679
    Tuconots
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Golt View Post
    Lumie was a pretty avid league player, i remember his posts/comments back on FoH about it. His in game name in there is AreURdyFortheEnd .. and obviously the name Luminati. Could be an elaborate troll I grant you, but I think he might be lying low after the apocalypse didn't happen too.
    possible, but i was also wondering about his activities outside FoH. i remember someone linked some other forums where he went to spread his nosense. i tried to check but my googlefu has failed me

  84. #84
    Don't Infract Me Bro Burnesto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Your Mom
    Posts
    2,083
    Tuconots
    7
    He has posted in an EQ thread on here.

  85. #85
    Just this guy, you know. tad10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Delaware State Hospital for the Insane
    Posts
    4,979
    Tuconots
    -10
    I guess Lumie is gone? I'll necro the thread and recommend that anyone who isn't already to start following @horse_ebooks on twitter.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_ebooks
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3365205.html

    I've found the Zen spam of @horse_ebooks to be quite soothing in these hectic times.
    #Kobane

    Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    Surrogates have been calling Trump a racist and a sexist for months now. I'm not sure how well that's working out.

  86. #86
    Registered User Caliane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,501
    Tuconots
    18
    doood. check out the atheism thread.

  87. #87
    Registered User Ossoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,305
    Tuconots
    -51
    Unexplained experience I had from when I was a kid:

    Brought up in an Evangelical Christian household, Church every week and went to a Christian school from the ages of 11-16. Family holidays to Florida were for Evangelical Church conferences just as much as a few days in Disney. As a kid I believed but found Church boring.

    When I was 11/12 went on a school camping trip, camping in a national park that was still open to the public. Felt a bit uneasy/scared about sleeping in a tent in a park that was accessible by anyone. Was sharing a tent with a friend and when we told the school secretary she prayed with us that we wouldn't be scared anymore.

    A short while later I looked at my friend and said "are you feeling what I'm feeling", he said he was about to ask me the same thing...I felt completely at peace and at ease and have never felt like that before or since.

    As a kid I was used to prayer, being prayed for and praying for things I wanted...if I fell over and grazed my knee my mum would respond by praying over it. No prayer ever had such a powerful effect. Can't really explain it, especially as it was the school secretary who previously I had limited contact with (therefore less empathy)

  88. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18,518
    Tuconots
    47
    I can explain it in two words: Placebo effect.

    So not unexplained at all.

  89. #89
    Registered User Malakriss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,713
    Tuconots
    54
    the secretary was scared of getting abducted and raped in the park. You felt better because she didn't.

  90. #90
    Registered User Ossoi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,305
    Tuconots
    -51
    Quote Originally Posted by hodj View Post
    I can explain it in two words: Placebo effect.

    So not unexplained at all.
    Frequently as a child I had tonsillitis, every time I was ill my mum (who surely I had greater empathy with than school secretary) would pray over me...I never experienced a miracle healing or placebo effect.

  91. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18,518
    Tuconots
    47
    Right. Because prayer has quantifiably been disproven to do anything. Including curing your scraped knees, and your insecurities while camping as a retarded adolescent on the cusp of puberty.

  92. #92
    Delicious Noodles Noodleface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    19,187
    Tuconots
    63
    It was the coconut oil.

    Someone had to say it, I'll be here all week.
    Noodleface#1412 - <Rerolled> US-Hyjal Horde - Noodleface

    Follow me on Twitch! - Streaming Rerolled minivan dad raids Friday nights 9PM EST and Saturday mornings 11AM EST!

  93. #93
    Registered User Dandai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,887
    Tuconots
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by Ossoi View Post
    Frequently as a child I had tonsillitis, every time I was ill my mum (who surely I had greater empathy with than school secretary) would pray over me...I never experienced a miracle healing or placebo effect.
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you aren't trolling. By definition the placebo effect only works when you truly believe it will work. In one situation you were psychologically distressed, but not physically. In the other you had a physically definable stress so it would be much more difficult to calm your psychological stress.

  94. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18,518
    Tuconots
    47
    I hear if you put coconut oil and hydrogen peroxide in a bottle together, and gargle with them, it'll cure your scraped knees.

    Tide goes in
    Tide goes out
    You can't explain that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dandai View Post
    I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you aren't trolling. By definition the placebo effect only works when you truly believe it will work. In one situation you were psychologically distressed, but not physically. In the other you had a physically definable stress so it would be much more difficult to calm your psychological stress.
    Precisely.

  95. #95
    Survived 9/23/2015 Soygen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    17,136
    Tuconots
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by hodj View Post
    Tide goes in
    Tide goes out
    You can't explain that.
    Wait, now I'm mixing Tide with the peroxide too?!

    Tide-Detergent.jpg

  96. #96
    Delicious Noodles Noodleface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    19,187
    Tuconots
    63
    Gargle that shit like the semen of one thousand peter norths
    Noodleface#1412 - <Rerolled> US-Hyjal Horde - Noodleface

    Follow me on Twitch! - Streaming Rerolled minivan dad raids Friday nights 9PM EST and Saturday mornings 11AM EST!

  97. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18,518
    Tuconots
    47
    To be fair, Tide is only a reaction intermediate.

  98. #98
    Just this guy, you know. tad10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Delaware State Hospital for the Insane
    Posts
    4,979
    Tuconots
    -10
    Quote Originally Posted by hodj View Post
    Right. Because prayer has quantifiably been disproven to do anything.
    Science disagrees.

    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...ryId=104310443

    Prayer hacks your brain buddy.

    (insert Matrix music here)

    Since this is the batshit insane thread - I will list the one batshit insane thing I do on a weekly basis:

    I buy lottery tickets (Powerball, Megamillions - depending on which is larger).
    The odds of me winning said lottery are only a little less than the odds of me spontaneously combusting.
    Yet, I buy in the belief I'll win in the next few years....

    Three years ago I was sure I'd win by 2012, Now I'm confident I'll win by 2015 ;-) Unless it's 2015 then I'm confident it'll be by 2018...
    #Kobane

    Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    Surrogates have been calling Trump a racist and a sexist for months now. I'm not sure how well that's working out.

  99. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    18,518
    Tuconots
    47
    No, science does not disagree.

    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0403133554.htm

    http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/he...anted=all&_r=0

    http://www.nbcnews.com/id/12082681/n...-unusual-test/

    These tests were conducted by real scientists, not neurotheologists, which is exactly what NPR calls the people who think prayer alters the brain.

    From the NPR link

    The field is called "neurotheology," and although it is new, it's drawing prominent researchers in the U.S. and Canada.
    Spoiler: 
    I recognize you're just trolling but I'm responding to you seriously because this shit is nonsensical. Neurotheologists? Jimmies fucking rustled bro. Jimmies fucking rustled.

  100. #100
    Grumpy Paladin Zhaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    2,626
    Tuconots
    1
    "Neurotheology", lol.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •