Thread: Shameless

Tuconots

Rainbow Icon Shameless

I didn't see a thread. Eat a dick in advance.

77_381541.jpg

New (3rd) season has been going on for a few weeks. Fiona and Lip are still awesome, Frank is boring.

Spoiler: 
    In the latest episode it seems like Carl might actually be a human being. It's nice to see his character being slightly less of a cartoon.

I think the drug cartel stuff is a bit more over the top than usual, and am unhappy that it came back this season. I'd rather Jimmy-Steve be an awesome car thief than whatever this is.
    Last edited by Agraza; 02-11-2013 at 12:47 PM.

Tuconots
    I started watching this show for William H Macy, and stayed for Emmy Rossum's titties. I'm only in season 1 though, second to last episode. Pretty good at this point.

Tuconots
    And I'm spoiling shit in the OP. haha. I guess I'll put some of that in a spoiler.

Tuconots
    I'm good, not like this is Game of Thrones or something, it is just a fun show with lots of crazy shit happening.

Tuconots
    Gay blinger, $$

Nights Watch
    Tuconots
    This series is coming into and is holding its own, but the original series is pretty much better. David Threlfall > William H Macy when is comes to Frank in an all around comparison.

The US version does do things a little bit different which makes it stand alone, but if they wanted to really sell Paul Abbotts idea, it should have been located in Detroit rather than Chicago.
    Last edited by geffe71; 02-11-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Nights Watch
    Tuconots

Tuconots
    I thought last nights episode was hilarious and maybe the best ep of the season so far. I also just recently started watching the UK version. Ill give an opinion of both after I get time to watch more than the first 3 eps of season 1.

Nights Watch
    Tuconots
    first 2 or 3 seasons are mediocre to good, then it gets dramatic/funny/absurd but thats what makes it great. the next season that airs later this year is its last. only reason i learned about the UK series was from watching UK tv show torrents that were on the same channel (Misfits, School of Comedy, The Fades, Phoneshop, Inbetweeners, IT Crowd)

I like the way Paul Abbott took his original idea and had the other producers introduce their own ideas. i cant really delve into that without spoiling the finale of season one for Insomnia

Emmy Rossum is the entire reason this show is successful. but the collective of all the characters it what makes the show great

Tuconots
    The only part of this show I really like is Fiona. She is great. The cancer camp sequence in this week's episode was painful to watch. Those kids can not act, which is not unusual for kids, but if you have kids that can't act, don't give them half the lines in an episode. It reminded me of an elementary school play where all the "actors" just stare straight ahead and spit out their lines in a monotone.

Nights Watch
    Tuconots
    yea, the cancer camp was the worst part of the episode. anything with Sheila/Jodie/Frank is gold, the whole sex toy storyline is pretty funny when it comes to the expressions.

that camp counselor was sorta cute, she looks familiar.

Tuconots
    Watched first season as it aired, but kinda fell off of it after that. Started to watch to UK version, and it seems to cover a lot more a lot faster. First few episodes of the UK version seemed to cover the entire first US season.

Nights Watch
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by BoldW View Post
    Watched first season as it aired, but kinda fell off of it after that. Started to watch to UK version, and it seems to cover a lot more a lot faster. First few episodes of the UK version seemed to cover the entire first US season.
    I noticed that too, it seems they tried start Americanizing it at first and then ran with their own ideas for the most part and peppered in some storylines from the UK. They are jumping around a lot. they have to make shit up seeing as they kept Fiona and Steve. I dont think Showtime will keep it as long as the original has (11th and Final season/series starts the end of this month)

Registered User CalhoonJugganaut's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Lip's girlfriend was fucking his balls off in that last episode.

Nights Watch
    Tuconots
    Last nights episode was pretty dark, I liked them having a wake up call every once in a while. Could have been more comical, like UK, but it will come soon enough

Tuconots
    Im glad Fiona is done with the grocery store bullshit already,
    Spoiler: 
    for a while there I had a bad feeling all the bitches there were gonna gang up on her after they found out she wasnt 'doing her part' and then they would bring the Manager in to let him have his way with her.
    The shit with Kev and V's mom? Holy shit was that some funny stuff.

Tuconots
    If you are watching the Uk verrsion my advice is to only watch up to series 4 after that it goes down hill fast. Think it is up to series 10 here now but no fucker watches it anymore. They should have let it die a long time ago.

Nights Watch
    Tuconots
    Yea, after a while it just became The Frank Gallagher and The Maguires show. It still has its good moments. Last season (10) starts tonight.

Tuconots
    Just finished up the season last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
    The shit with Kev and V's mom? Holy shit was that some funny stuff.
    My highlight of the season. Over all it wasn't that bad

Tuconots
    Enjoyed this season a good bit. I used to just watch this because it came on around californication. Now it's the opposite.

Tuconots
    I am sad that it ended and was a little disappointed with the season finale.

Still one of my fav. shows to watch tho.

Tuconots
    Didn't love how it ended. Just the idea that Fiona finally has a steady good job that will let her provide and she's INSTANTLY unhappy with it. It's not like it's only just now sinking in what her lot in life is, she's been slapped in the face with it for years. So why when it's actually improved noticeably is she now going to get all mopey about it?

Kevin in the hospital lightening the mood between Vi and her mom was hilarious. Pretty damn good season overall. I wonder if Fiona will ever find out Jimmy's fate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erronius View Post
    maybe there is some sort of mutant mandingo sweet-corn hybrid

Tuconots
    I'm kinda 50-50 on the Jimmy storyline being over. The off screen "death" always leaves that door open.

Tuconots
    I finally got caught up on this. Really disappointed that they did the whole off-screen death thing with Jimmy. After Fiona's titties and V/Kevin he was my favorite part of the show.

Tuconots
    I liked him for a while, but he really turned into a bitch in this last season. I wasn't sad to see him go.

Nights Watch
    Tuconots
    Not to beat a dead horse, but the original show had Fiona and Steve/Jimmy gone after season 1. Put a major twist in the show. It was Lip, Debbie, and Ian on their own basically taking care of Liam and a drunk frank, or vice versa. Then it became a shell of itself a few seasons in when Debbie and Lip left and it was just Frank with Ian and Liam, and then just Ian. Now its Frank by himself attached to some family and the "Milkovich's" and has changing story lines involving the denizens of the neighborhood. still a good show. only a few episodes left in the series.

My thoughts for next season are that Fiona will take a backseat and if jimmy is dead, they may start moving to the UK story structure with the kids on their own with their own storylines

Tuconots
    Can catch 1st episode of season 4 ondemand now

Tuconots
    What did folks think of the finale? Imo s4 has been the best so far. Outside of True Detectives its been the best show to watch over the winter imo. And a big Fuck Yeah! to the scene at the end after Frank and Carl on the pier.

Tuconots
    Best season so far... until the very end. Really? This shit again?

But whatever, not going to let it ruin the season for me. Mickey and Carl are probably my favorite characters right now. The dude playing Mickey really stepped up his game and made that character deep and compelling.
    Quote Originally Posted by tad10 View Post
    This place has gone to shit.

Tuconots
    Mickey coming out in the bar has been one of the best scenes on tv since lik The Red Wedding heh

Tuconots
    Outside on the cop car when he is fucking with his dad, that shit was hilarious and awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by tad10 View Post
    This place has gone to shit.

Tuconots
    Was really happy up until the last 10 seconds.

Tuconots
    I had a nagging feeling that we would see stevejimmy or I guess jack, guess it wasn't just a hunch. Hope they'll do something good with it. I really enjoyed the wrap-up of the season though, I think it was a bit too damn gloomy for a while. After like 5 episodes in a row with everything turning to shit for everyone, it's nice to see them leave it on brighter notes. As someone said, the guy playing mickey is doing one hell of a job as well, it feels like he and ian have actually good chemistry and it's not just shoe-horned in to have a gay couple in the plot

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Daly View Post
    I'm kinda 50-50 on the Jimmy storyline being over. The off screen "death" always leaves that door open.
    !!!!

Nights Watch
    Tuconots
    Overall this season has been good. They went from it being a Gallagher centric show to the kids fending for themselves and giving all the characters stand alone stories. Wish they would have Threfall have a cameo

Tuconots
    The very end was cheesy but to be honest I really don't mind that actor. So yeah, dumb, but I'm not upset he's being brought back.

This show did a really great job of reinventing itself after season 1. I know there are a ton of seasons of the British version. Does anyone know how closely related they are?

Anyway, I thought season one was way too much 'what quirky shit is Frank going to get in and out of this week'. Once they shifted focus to Fiona I think the show improved a ton and they did a really good job in season 4 of having this show be just straight up depressing at times.

Nights Watch
    Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaythe View Post
    I know there are a ton of seasons of the British version. Does anyone know how closely related they are?
    The thing that helps this show be a good port of the British version is that some of the people that created/produced it are advisors/exec producers on the American one.

First season was closest they came to mirroring both versions. Ive noticed slight parallels between the two throughout, but overall it is Americanized remake with the British template loosely interwoven. The whole Sheila/Frank arc is templatitively the same (her being phobic and them getting married)

Biggest differences: Fiona and Steve were only in the show for the first season and Debbie was the one that went into the armed forces, but she was deployed (it was also in the later seasons).
    Last edited by geffe71; 04-09-2014 at 04:50 PM.

Tuconots
    heh this season has started full on crazy - this bitch has lost her mind running around with this sack of flour in episode 2.
    Forsakyn 100 Rogue
    League of Legends Meta Source

Xbox, PSN, Steam, Origin - Xexx01

Thread Information