Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Magic: The Gathering

Tuconots

Magic: The Gathering

Almost 20 years and still going strong.

The greatest Trading Card Game of all time.

Tuconots
    Still got my alpha lotus.

I should sell this thing and take a trip to vegas or some shit.

Tuconots
    Someone in the NM thread mentioned they do printing for playmats - can you provide additional info?

Tuconots
    Info for those who want to make their own proxy power cube:

Dropbox of all the Cards

And if you want to print them cheaply use Artcows.com Custom Poker Decks.

Make sure to wait for free shipping deals (about once every month or so) or else you will get raped in shipping costs. Below are comparison shots of the poker cards to normal magic cards.

Spoiler: 

Magic card on top for thickness.

The custom card is slightly bigger

Side by Side comparison

Last edited by Wuyley; 12-08-2012 at 12:24 AM.

Tuconots
    I just wish they would introduce another collector's edition - MTG is great, collecting cards is not. And I don't want to screw around with making my own cards.
    #Kobane

Quote Originally Posted by Iannis View Post
    Surrogates have been calling Trump a racist and a sexist for months now. I'm not sure how well that's working out.

Tuconots
    Anyone on MTG:O? Add me: DC Madruk - I run legacy decks, but am certainly open to trying out your newfangled cards.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Madruk View Post
    Anyone on MTG:O? Add me: DC Madruk - I run legacy decks, but am certainly open to trying out your newfangled cards.
    What's the state of MTG Online nowadays? I played a bit some years ago but I didn't feel like spending the money required for it so it got stale and I stopped (same reason why I stopped irl magic like a decade ago).

Bought MTG - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 on steam and it's been fun playing a bit again.

Tuconots
    Magic Online is fine. The UI is still relatively shitty, you'd think they'd get some decent programmers to make it more intuitive/smoother, but it plays ok. Also it's not very expensive if you're careful on what you purchase and do a bit of winning.

Tuconots
    MTGO is pretty great and you can jump in for way less than you would with real versions. Tournaments are run constantly both on demand and daily with all formats imaginable. As Sterling said, the UI is left over from the Windows 98 era, but it functions well enough. WotC is building a new client which hopefully will bring things up to date. Despite making what I can only imagine is gobs of cash on digital collectible items, their lack of a better UI at this point is beyond ridiculous.

Registered User Necrath Evilcraft's Avatar
    Tuconots
    Isn't the new MTGO client out now?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by rad View Post
    Someone in the NM thread mentioned they do printing for playmats - can you provide additional info?
    I'm the one making mats, Rad.

What are you looking to do? send me a PM if ya like

Tuconots
    anyone that still play paper MTG play EDH or standard?

Tuconots
    I play both of those formats among others.

Tuconots
    What would be the best way to get a bunch of cheap commons for the pauper format? This would be for MTGO.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Malt View Post
    What would be the best way to get a bunch of cheap commons for the pauper format? This would be for MTGO.
    Pretty sure most bots sell commons for a small fraction of a ticket. Some of the key cards in pauper are a bit more spendy but pauper decks are still cheap as fuck compared to basically any other format even block constructed.

Tuconots
    You can make a pretty good Commander/EDH deck on MODO for cheap that has a ton of replay-ability too.

Tuconots
    Have been playing on and off since The Dark/Revised. Used to help run events NJ, PA, NY area. Sold many collections. Due to time constraints only play MTGO now. Usually on testing standard decks hit me up. pickitup32

Tuconots
    Let's say someone had a savage itch to play 4th edition online and only 4th edition cards allowed (and possibly Ice Age and another one I can't quite think of... the symbol was like a jungle leaf of some kind). Where does one go? And I don't want any of this tactics type crap, I want the straight card game.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirgon View Post
    Let's say someone had a savage itch to play 4th edition online and only 4th edition cards allowed (and possibly Ice Age and another one I can't quite think of... the symbol was like a jungle leaf of some kind). Where does one go? And I don't want any of this tactics type crap, I want the straight card game.
    Mirage was the palm tree looking expansion symbol you're likely thinking of. As for finding people to play that era of cards, not sure to be honest that's really quite niche heh.

Tuconots
    I just thought of Mirage right as I clicked the post lol.

I'll settle for anything close to 4th ed. I'm not terribly interested in all this new fangled stuff.

Tuconots
    MTGO is awesome as someone who is generally a completionist. It's way cheaper to assemble complete sets of a new expansion on MTGO than it is live, and then you can just convert it to real cards if you don't much care to play modern/legacy on MTGO.

There are some oddities though, like, any staple mythic has a decent chance of being *more* expensive on MTGO than live.

That, and any Red Deck Wins card.

Tuconots
    So I started to get into MTGO by doing some RTR drafts (4,3,2,2) and using that to get more tickets / cards to try and build a decent collection. It helped that I drafted a Sphinx's Revalation etc. Now I will say that MTGO trading system is fucking TERRIBLE! Trying to figure it out with the bots and doing searching for the right price etc., should not be this hard in 2012. Has there been any talk of them going to an ingame auction house / ebay type system like MMOs or am I stuck with the shitty system?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuyley View Post
    So I started to get into MTGO by doing some RTR drafts (4,3,2,2) and using that to get more tickets / cards to try and build a decent collection. It helped that I drafted a Sphinx's Revalation etc. Now I will say that MTGO trading system is fucking TERRIBLE! Trying to figure it out with the bots and doing searching for the right price etc., should not be this hard in 2012. Has there been any talk of them going to an ingame auction house / ebay type system like MMOs or am I stuck with the shitty system?
    MODO trading is just shitty. I don't even know if they changed it in the beta of their new interface. WOTC seems to not care all that much about how shitty the interface is for their online system. The best way to sell is to just know a few of the bots that you want to sell to and just go right to them instead of using the classifieds.

The supernova bots are usually good
    http://www.supernovabots.com/

Tuconots
    While moving things around the house I had all my MTG stuff in one place for a change. FFS I need to trim this down some...

Tuconots
    *drool*

Tuconots
    SCG Invitational was this weekend. Watched it on and off again on Twitch. Really liked the Kibler G/B deck and it's cheap (under $200) so I bought it for FNM in January.

Tuconots
    I have been playing magic almost since the beginning and still play every week. The game is awesome and just keeps getting better. I am loving Return to Ravnica so far. It's really fun to draft.

Tuconots
    I wish they didn't butcher their online client from 2.5 -> 3. It made me stop playing since it made large multi player games a bad experience UI wise. Has anyone tried the beta for the new client for multiplayer games that also played the original? I'm wondering if there has been any improvement in this area.
    Last edited by Hachima; 12-19-2012 at 03:51 AM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratina View Post
    While moving things around the house I had all my MTG stuff in one place for a change. FFS I need to trim this down some...

Feel free to send it to me, I lost most of my old stuff in the flood in 2010. :/

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Hachima View Post
    I wish they didn't butcher their online client from 2.5 -> 3. It made me stop playing since it made large multi player games a bad experience UI wise.
    The new client is in open beta. It has its own problems, but it looks nicer.

Tuconots
    I play both paper and MODO. Prefer to play paper, but I do like the convenience of MODO. That random assortment of boosters is pretty sweet btw.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Mist View Post
    The new client is in open beta. It has its own problems, but it looks nicer.
    ok I just watched a game in progress for MP. It is a nice improvement over the old client. The 'auto' sizing of cards still looks like it needs some work which probably won't happen. I see a lot of wasted space that could be used if it arranged the cards a bit better. It may be enough of an improvement for me to play again =p

Tuconots
    I enjoy the cardboard version of MtG, haven't really gotten all that sucked into the online version. The game is a lot more interesting now than I remember it being in my childhood. It seems like a good outlet for competitive tendencies while still getting out and being a bit social.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Mist View Post
    Feel free to send it to me, I lost most of my old stuff in the flood in 2010. :/
    I have nightmares like that, what did you lose? I know I am short cards because I never took care of them way back when. An LED and 2-3 bazaars I canít find for sure, no idea what else.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    ...That random assortment of boosters is pretty sweet btw.
    Yeah I just added a few older packs to that pile today. The fat pack boxes full of packs in the other pic are 6 man drafts waiting for a steady play group. Need to figure out if I want to use the light trick to see whatís in the Revised, AN, and other old packs. Kinda cool not knowing but any loose pack is assumed searched already.

Tuconots
    anyone have new idea for EDH commander?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratina View Post
    I have nightmares like that, what did you lose?
    Pretty much everything that wasn't my duals and my FoWs which were in a box in a trunk upstairs. But then I sold them because I needed the money to fix the heat and replace the washer and dryer.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Strossus View Post
    anyone have new idea for EDH commander?
    What do you currently run or have constructed?

Tuconots
    Jor kadeen
    Mimeoplasm
    and a anti blue mono red deck for a grugde match that ive yeto to do

Tuconots
    any extra older packs in that fella?

Tuconots
    Righto, do you tend to theme out your decks or min/max?

Jhoria artifact/golem deck is one of my favorites, nothing like a 6CC Blightsteel with haste.
    Rakdos (Lord of Riots) Red/Black mana ramp and land destruction is enjoyable (for you).
    Grand Arbiter lockdown with junk tokens and artifacts (swords, etc)
    Experiment Kraj
    Sliver Overlord - Slivers (5 colors)
    Child of Alara (or Proto) Allys - This lately has been completely owning our playgroup, super nasty.
    Uril the Mistwalker - Naya enchantments

And if you're feeling like being a dick:

Zur the Enchanter - I actually just took this deck apart because it was too much own. (Corruption + Bitterblossom)

Tuconots
    My personal favorite is Captain Sisay and utility legends that ends in Elesh Norn and green Kamahl animating lands to their death.

Tuconots
    I had a really nasty game against a Sisay deck that amounted to him controling so brutally well with Gaddock Teeg that it inspired me to make a G/W Knight/Soldier Angel deck with him at the helm. I'm a sucker for theme decks, I find it makes EDH a little more interesting than just min/max-tutor-infinite-combo-out.

Tuconots
    Contamination not Corruption. But yeah Zur is dumb if people are fairly casual.

Tuconots
    Thanks for the correction, didn't catch that. Exactly, I viewed him as the EDH police, as soon as he resolved people gettin locked the fuck up. Did make for some interesting 5 on 1 Archenemy.

Tuconots
    Commander for me serves a weird niche. In general I'm an Ultra-competitive type player particularly liking limited formats. At the same time I have some nostalgia for things from the past that I used to play and pile that on with a general lack of eternal formats around here Commander is where I get to play with some old sweet cards along side some of the new ones. Snapcaster Mage trigger targetting Fact or Fiction? Don't mind if I do! That being said Commander here tends to be fairly brutal combo fests which isn't for everyone. Games end with Tooth and Nails getting infinite combos and Teferi nonsense with Knowledge Pools and things of that nature.

My biggest issue with the format is that it's multiplayer generally which makes the skillset very different and quite meta. I hate that if you're playing a 4 player game and 3 people decide you're going to lose, you almost assuredly are going to. With that in mind I tend to like that Commander events only happen about once a month with far more Limited and Standard events as the normal formats. Hopefully with the reprinting of Shocklands and the upcoming Modern Masters we'll be able to get people into Modern as well.

Tuconots
    I've been looking into possibly getting into modern,but i had traded off my zend fetch's and thats just a curbstomp to the groin
    so now im at a loss for what to play

Tuconots
    Red Green Tron is pretty fun and cheapish in modern.

Tuconots
    Friend suggested i play mono white equip
    i mean its not a bad idea either i suppose, you have leonin shakari, and puresteel, and Mirran crusaders, and some other very choice guys that can hold Swords of (insert flavor here) and the dagger is even solid on a doublestriker, im just unsure if monowhite is worth playing in modern or not

Tuconots
    So I've recently been playing quite a few games with my brother over the past few days since we're both home for the holidays and I swear to god - exalted deck is unbelievably hard to beat. I ended up building an instant/sorcery X dmg red and blue deck to finally do it, but my god.

I'm still pretty new to the game so my deck is pretty limited but if you have any tips for beating him let me know. He usually runs white or white/blue.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Strossus View Post
    Friend suggested i play mono white equip
    i mean its not a bad idea either i suppose, you have leonin shakari, and puresteel, and Mirran crusaders, and some other very choice guys that can hold Swords of (insert flavor here) and the dagger is even solid on a doublestriker, im just unsure if monowhite is worth playing in modern or not
    Seems like it would struggle with the fast combo decks. Also heavy removal attrition decks like Jund likely would be tough, not to mention you'd take splash damage from sideboards that are geared to beat robots. Just seems like it wouldn't be positioned too well, unless I'm just flat out missing something.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by nurdi View Post
    So I've recently been playing quite a few games with my brother over the past few days since we're both home for the holidays and I swear to god - exalted deck is unbelievably hard to beat. I ended up building an instant/sorcery X dmg red and blue deck to finally do it, but my god.

I'm still pretty new to the game so my deck is pretty limited but if you have any tips for beating him let me know. He usually runs white or white/blue.
    Sounds like you just need some removal. Sweepers are awesome for this. Not sure what sort of format you're playing but things that kill multiple creatures at once would go a long ways toward winning these sorts of matchups.

Tuconots
    Holy moly the beta client has some issues.

Tuconots
    New Mechanic for GTC

Fathom_Mage.jpg

SimicFluxmage.jpg

Tuconots
    I don't know what the meta looks like these days, but it doesn't seem worth it in constructed, especially with equipments being pretty common. For limited? fuck yeah!

Tuconots
    ahaha, so the mechanic that a guy submitted in his designs during the last great designer search got used for Simic, awesome!

The devs all had commented that they loved his mechanic (evolve) when they saw it in his card designs, I knew they'd use it and/or a variation at some point, just never guessed they'd copy/paste it word for word in a new set.

Tuconots
    Evolve is sick with scavenge.

Tuconots
    Yeah should be lots of fun in limited.

Tuconots
    Firemane needs haste.

Tuconots
    Simic is awesome.

I don't have too many cards yet. I mostly play on xbox lately as it's usually just me playing now. =( Oh, and I suck, but it's still fun.

Tuconots
    Got sucked back in to MTGO over the holidays. Updated my deck for Modern and have been having a blast. It's great the meta has expanded quite a bit to allow more than 4 or 5 competitive decks. From what I can see there are about 10 or so different ones that are viable (in Modern at least), some of which are quite cheap to build. It's great not seeing a 'goyf or set of Urza lands every game you play.
    Next up is updating my Zombies deck for Standard which should be pretty cheap to do as welll. This block certainly seems like a good time to be jumping in to Magic (for a change).

Tuconots
    406591_10151246952462918_859095082_n.jpgattachment.jpg

The last 2 guild mechanics and no you cannot Extort more then 1 B/W per spell to do it more then once.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuconots
    Extort: Finally Carnival of Souls has its infinite combo.

Tuconots
    But, you can do it multiple times per permanent with extort, I'm guessing.. So, if you have 3 creatures with extort, and cast a spell, you could do extort 3 times for that spell. Right?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by enzie View Post
    Right?
    Correct .

Tuconots
    Gatecrash looks interesting. I really enjoy MtG, but for some reason there are no money (aka SCG or TCGPlayer) tournaments in Seattle area in the near future. Also, the west coast GPs coming up are both modern as are all the PTQs. I'm fine with modern, just not sure how much I care about standard with no relevant standard tournies to look forward to in this part of the country.

Tuconots
    I pawned some of my old cards a few weeks ago to fuel a new addiction (board games) and of course, any time I touch my cards I get the itch to play again so now I'm thinking about building an FNM-capable deck since the place I board game at also does FNM. Anyone have any suggestions for budget Standard decks? No clue what the meta/competition is like by me but I'd be in it mostly just for the fun anyway. G/W Wild Defiance looks kind of fun, also been a fan of mono black and RTR looks to have some neat stuff there.

Tuconots
    Sphinx's Revelation, fuck that card right in the ass! Lost so many games due to that card.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by wantonsoup View Post
    Sphinx's Revelation, fuck that card right in the ass! Lost so many games due to that card.
    Love that card. I'm a pretty big fan of Standard these days. Multiple decent decks and nothing seems overwhelmingly good the way it sometimes does.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by wantonsoup View Post
    Agreed ,,, But a "Miracle" Bonfire Pisses Me Off even more ...

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by ood View Post
    Agreed ,,, But a "Miracle" Bonfire Pisses Me Off even more ...

I've been using reverberates in my side board, have got a lot more rage from that then the miracle bonfire.

Tuconots
    Miracle is such a shit mechanic.

Tuconots
    Don't think it's been said yet, so I'll go ahead and do it; Magic from the last couple of years, makes magic from 3rd edition through like, Invasion block, mostly useles. The power inflation on the new sets is so fucking retarded. It's like EQ through Velious, versus EQ today with the item stats. I understand that in tournaments it doesn't much matter, but trying to play with friends who have the new cards is futile and a bit disappointing.

SPECIAL BEAM CANNON
    Tuconots
    That's not the case at all. Not really. In sets from 3rd to Invasion Block you have things like quality hand destruction, mass land destruction (and 3 mana land destruction spells), other forms of mana denial, tutors, super good card draw, better counterspells, and the kid of acceleration they just don't make anymore. All of the denial strategies of the past have been completely and utterly eliminated from Standard along with any and all high tier combo decks. It is true that the quality of creatures is insanely high but that's because that's how you are supposed to play the game now. You swing with dudes. Really, really good dudes with abilities and synergy and all kinds of come into play effects and shit. You do not make it you strategy to prevent your opponent from playing the game through blowing up all their lands or never letting them untap, never letting them cast a relevant spell, wrecking their hand, or piecing together your combo turn 4.

Tuconots
    A couple of Powerful uncommons that will see plenty of play :

Tuconots
    I would say magic is currently more balanced and fair than it has ever been. There are a huge variety of playable decks in standard, as well as modern with new lists placing highly at almost every major event. The last couple years have certainly not been that way however. JTMS, Caw Blade, what have you being pretty shitty for the game. I don't follow Legacy much but I know that a few archetypes have started to make a resurgence there as well with the addition of a few new cards.

Miracle isn't a shitty mechanic per se. Some cards certainly go a little far however, Bonfire being one of them. Even the best miracle decks can play like shit as the game still boils down to how lucky you get at the highest levels of play. Topdecking a bonefire at the right time will win you games. So will hundreds of other cards in every single format. The variety on display in decklists making top 32 and even top 8 in a lot of big tourneys is very impressive right now.

You can take a pauper deck and win a PTQ. I suggest buying a few lottery tickets if you do because you would have some small fucking odss but Magic will always be a game of chance. The best decks just limit the odds very well. I've beat a $1400 Legacy deck with a $50 standard vamp deck best of three (1st set of Zen had released 2 months prior). We played for a pack and I pulled a Baneslayer out of it. I'd rather be lucky than good any time I sit down at a table to play.
    Last edited by Taloo; 01-03-2013 at 02:44 AM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by ood View Post
    A couple of Powerful uncommons that will see plenty of play :

Skullcrack has some nice applications with all the random lifegain that's happening and red decks aren't even terrible already in Standard. Will also be pretty solid in Modern probably. Fairly narrow in limited though. Not so sure about Gridlock in constructed, but it will certainly be a nice effect in limited, often ending games immediately as a falter type effect.

SPECIAL BEAM CANNON
    Tuconots
    They've printed effects like Gridlock before and they are usually houses in limited that show up here and there in Standard in sideboards. Skullcrack is a great deal like Flames of the Bloodhand and Flames saw some play so it seems safe to say that Skullcrack will see some play too.

Tuconots
    Skullcrack will certainly be an interesting consideration for sideboard. It's essentially an 8 life swing if responding to a Thragtusk or Sphinx's Revelation. Oddly though, Red is REALLY good at using all of its available mana every turn for value right now, so it becomes more awkward to play than it might have been in red decks of the past. Most red decks are looking at curving up through Hellriders and Thundermaws at the turns in which the big life chunks tend to materialize.

And as to power, creep as a long-time control and combo player, the power creep is mainly just getting Creatures up to being as powerful as spells used to be. It's a redistribution of power.

I have yet to encounter a creature that has anywhere near the effect on deckbuilding and play that say, Stasis, had.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    I have yet to encounter a creature that has anywhere near the effect on deckbuilding and play that say, Stasis, had.
    Oh Stasis, how I love thee...

Speaking of red mana... Shaman is going to be pimp juice.

kwtkd3c7sh_en.jpg

Tuconots
    Notably, she lets you convert Cavern of Souls mana into usable mana for Rancors/Pillar of Flames, which will be useful if Naya Humans is ever a thing. The Champion of the Parish into her+lightning mauler random draw is unlikely, but mildly amusing.
    Last edited by Kuro; 01-03-2013 at 08:25 AM.

Tuconots
    Skullcrack is a direct replacement for Flames of the Blood Hand in Modern burn. The exact same card for one less mana, admittedly one less damage too? Yes, please. Standard RDW is more creature based so its probably more a sideboard consideration for lifegain based effects.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrary View Post
    That's not the case at all. Not really. In sets from 3rd to Invasion Block you have things like quality hand destruction, mass land destruction (and 3 mana land destruction spells), other forms of mana denial, tutors, super good card draw, better counterspells, and the kid of acceleration they just don't make anymore. All of the denial strategies of the past have been completely and utterly eliminated from Standard along with any and all high tier combo decks. It is true that the quality of creatures is insanely high but that's because that's how you are supposed to play the game now. You swing with dudes. Really, really good dudes with abilities and synergy and all kinds of come into play effects and shit. You do not make it you strategy to prevent your opponent from playing the game through blowing up all their lands or never letting them untap, never letting them cast a relevant spell, wrecking their hand, or piecing together your combo turn 4.
    I have stopped playing after Mirrodin block, because I didn't like the creature focus so much with my favorite decks being stuff like mono black control, Affinity, astral slides and so on. I'm pretty sure one of the things that caused the shift were decks like U/B Psychatog and UGW Mirrari's wake, because after that the decks that played mostly in the opponent's turn simply vanished. They weren't OP, no cards in them were ever banned, but they removed a lot of luck due to the card advantage they were capable of getting. 2 years (?) later, after rather weird Onslaught/Legion/Scourge, we had the Skullclamp clusterfuck, which basically let you play creature decks with even bigger card advantage, no wonder it was banned and the whole affinity mechanic which was I guess the last breath of tinker and it's crazy combos.

I really want to come back at some point in time, but no local tournaments make it pretty tough to justify and I like the physical cards, so MTGO is a no-go for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagdaddy View Post
    Think I'm about done with this thread, I think I'm being trolled at this point.

Tuconots
    You're looking at it from a competitive angle, and that's all true and valid.

Now look at it from the "selling cards to kids" angle. A great majority of new players love smashing with beasties. Trying to smash, but getting smashed instead? Tough break, wana go 3 of 5?

Losing to denial, not getting to play your deck, that generates Fuck This Game level hate. That drives off new blood and is bad for the bottom line.

So, as you see, there's reasons from many angles on why disruption as a win mechanic has been really toned down.

Tuconots
    I dunno, I was raging last night playing a denial deck {mostly black} that wanted to clear the board after they had got a Garruk down {the one which generates 3/3 tokens}. Denial strategies are certainly possible, its just that its not an auto win any more. Note that I didn't think this deck was unbeatable, it went to 3 and I lost the last one because I forgot to hit him in one turn {I may have had a little drinkie or 3}.
    MTG these days has many viable archetypes and is only the stronger for it.

Tuconots
    I suppose I could be looking at it from an incorrect perspective. The creatures are very, very powerful compared to the old days, but it feels like the spells are too. I dunno, maybe I haven't been introduced to enough of the new cards, to call it. Though, what I mostly played was spells decks, not creature-centric decks, so seeing the new beasties stomping face was frustrating.

There are a couple local shops that do drafting twice a week for really cheap + pizza, which I've been thinking of checking out.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Burren View Post
    There are a couple local shops that do drafting twice a week for really cheap + pizza, which I've been thinking of checking out.
    Limited with Ravnica is good times, highly recommend.

Tuconots
    anyone have a have/want list for the paper MTG?

Tuconots
    Besides Thundermaws everything I want is going to be in the new set, grabbed huntsmasters and thragtusks instead of thundermaws for right now.

Tuconots
    I got my thundermaws for 13 dollars when they were at their low point after the rotation.

Tuconots
    Ya, wish I had as well. Hoping Gruuls stomping grounds will not be too expensive.

Thoughts on Clan defiance, Sorcery, 1green 1red X, Clan defiance deals X damage to target creature with flying; clan defiance deal x damage to target creature without flying; and / or clan defiance deals x damage to target player.

Signal the clans will be my answer to terminus, wonder what else this set will have. Skull crack seems like great sideboard.

Tuconots
    well the X WR spell, yeaaah nya has at least 1 good charm, 2 solid X spells, and with what we allready have, solid beaters, heck nyaa humans can be possible as well

Tuconots
    "HOLY CRAP"

Tuconots
    Spotlight is sideboard quality, Aurelia's Fury is pretty good disruption and totally broken in limited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swagdaddy View Post
    Think I'm about done with this thread, I think I'm being trolled at this point.

Tuconots
    Not a good sideboard card. Take a functional card out of your deck to put in a card that lets you use your removal, if you have it, to trade for a card. And you still have to draw it or your removal is still useless.

That card is a trap by the designers.

Tuconots
    That fury is a huge denial card o.O

Thinking of switching my R/G to W/G now.

BlindObedience.jpg

Tuconots
    Have yet to see this in all in auras. Been dicking around with it this morning on MTGO with decent success when I don't end up mana screwed or can't find my total of 8 creatures I have to run in it. Thoughts and/or loan of some non basic lands for an evening?

T1 Slippery Boggle 1/1 Hexproof
    T2 Arcanum Wings Flying, U11 Swap aura /w one in hand
    T3 Swap for Eldrazi Conscription. 11/11 trample annihilator 2 hexproof

Living the dream isn't that uncommon running four of each. Deck is fairly basic all in UW sans those two cards which I haven't seen elsewhere. I just wish I actually had fetches/duels on MTGO (and of course Daybreak Coronets) to have it run close to consistant. Without the lands to support UWG it's too weak imo. Missing out on four 1cc and four 2cc hexproof leads to bad mulls and keeps.
    Anyone who actually runs all in auras care to give it a shot and share some thoughts? Picking up those 8 only ran me 1.4tix from mtgotraders.

Tuconots
    Bogle decks may well prove to be a flash in the pan because up until they broke out no one was running enchantment hate. A low creature count is the weak point. Sweepers, sacrifice effects, discard all work well [there's more sideboard tech like Chalice of the Void set to 1 that hurts them bad]. I haven't seen that many of them in dailys tbh.
    Ofc things being what they are Daybreak Coronet has tripled in price over the last 3 weeks ..

Tuconots
    I imagine they will always be around. In modern they have a decent chance to go off and win by turn 3 and excluding land base and coronet (now) the deck is dirt damn cheap.

Thread Information