Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Warhammer 40,000 Novels

Quote Originally Posted by EmiliaEQ View Post
    They could make a 20 Book series about the craftworlds & the fall, that would be cool too.

I just finished "WE ARE ONE" and it is the most fucking epic 25 pages you will ever read in your entire life.
    I always found the Alpha Legion very interesting, but we never see anything about them...
    Except the little story about that geneseed theft & the reasons they turned, but this... this... this was Legendary !
    Where do you find "WE ARE ONE" ?

Is this a Warhammer sub novel or something?

edit

Found it i guess

The Black Library - Tales From The Archive: We Are One (eBook)

Just finished Unremembered Empire. Decent book, I suppose. Explains a lot, or rather sets up (or changes) lore to explain how the Dark Angels and Ultramarines don't show for the siege of Terra. Frontpage is a big misleading, if you were expecting the Angel. Guess that's a spoiler, but if you were fiending for Sanguinius, you deserve to know.

For those who can't be bothered reading it, and those that already have

Spoiler: 

A Deus Ex machina explaining how Guilliman manages to bring in Sanguinius, for whatever reason, since he ends up at Terra anyway. And for whatever reason, they bring the Lion into it, though I guess it was never truly explained why he wasn't at Terra? Never read any of the Dark Angels books that weren't in the HH series. And then asshole Curze, who they've been trying to interject for like 4 books now. It's okay until Abnett gets pulled into the Vulkan Lives bullshit. Yeah, Vulkan's immortal and Curze drove him crazy. He can't die and Curze is pissed that they keep fighting and he can't kill him. But it doesn't matter, because Curze gets away anyway. And ends up on Macragge just like he did in the beginning of the book, despite being warped away towards the end. Pointless, really. Another Deus Ex to make him conveniently go away for a bit.

The Lion and Guilliman make up and make out, and in the last ten pages or so Sanguinius shows up, they agree to make the second Imperium in the case that Terra has already fallen and make Sanguinius the new Regent (or Emperor, if the big E is dead), since none of them can find the Astronomicon.

What I can't get is that the Lion and Sanginius can't see the Astronomicon, although the Khan, Leman Russ, and Corax were able to find it, as well as the Imperial Fists. Lorewise, at least within the HH series, it makes sense that the Ultrasmurfs can't see it because of Lorgar's Ruinstorm, but the Lion and Sanguinius weren't in Ultramar when that happened. Why can't they see it, when every other loyalist legion can? I suppose they'll Deus Ex that too.

It's an okay if you're a Horus Heresy lore-whore like me, I guess. If you're looking to just consume Heresy content, then yeah Certainly not a Nemesis or Battle for the Abyss or their like, but the Vulkan Lives arc that made its way in pissed me off. There's some serious and ridiculous weird Mary Sue-ing going on with Vulkan in a, IMO, very very stupid way. The Horus Heresy series has never been any sort of literary work of art by any means, but a several of them were genuinely decent reads if you enjoy the 40k universe.

Lately though, jesus christ. Supposedly all the authors in the series meet up and convene on this shit, but if that's true they all need to get dick slapped. Or whoever's arranging and approving the meeting needs to. They were smoking some serious crack, or watching interracial gay snuff movies when they decided on the new Vulkan shit. Probably both.

for that cost it better includes a horny eldar Farseer in the delivery

That PAPERBACK book is going for $1000 at top end. What the fuck I am I missing?

According to Kevin Slavin, it is the result of algorithms locked in loops with each other that cause that. According to his Ted Talk, it happens quite a bit on Amazon.

Registered Sex Offender Gavinrad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fucker View Post
    not to mention that, unlike Failbaddon, when Angron gets to work, shit like 2 SM chapters obliterated happends
    Neeeeeecro

As far as game stats go, Abaddon really is about as powerful as you would expect a primarch to be. He's an unstoppable wrecking ball of destruction. The depictions of Angron at the first battle for Armageddon are just retarded and make no sense, especially if Draigo was able to smoke Mortarion. Abaddon and Draigo are pretty close in power level, game stat wise, although I probably give the edge to Abaddon.
    Quote Originally Posted by suineg View Post
    I like that in EVE Online there are more losses in one day than Brad can raise for his MMO in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavinrad View Post
    Neeeeeecro

As far as game stats go, Abaddon really is about as powerful as you would expect a primarch to be. He's an unstoppable wrecking ball of destruction. The depictions of Angron at the first battle for Armageddon are just retarded and make no sense, especially if Draigo was able to smoke Mortarion. Abaddon and Draigo are pretty close in power level, game stat wise, although I probably give the edge to Abaddon.
    That's the thing, Draigo is simply a Grey Knight SM. He isn't at the "level" of a Primarch or a daemon prince, yet, he gets treated as if he's on par with a Primarch.