Page 1 of 105 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Puzzle & Dragons - IOS/Android - Bejeweled meets Pokemon

Tuconots

Puzzle & Dragons - IOS/Android - Bejeweled meets Pokemon

Puzzle & Dragons - US IOS - P&D Google Play Store

I'm going to mostly copy/pasta the OP from the SomethingAwful thread, written by poster Vanilla Mint Ice. I've asked for his permission but not got a reply yet after a couple of day, if he says no I'll edit this out and put something else in myself which will be much worse no doubt! I believe the Games subforum is behind the SA paywall now so this link won't work unless you are already a member - P & D - SA

Puzzle & Dragons Friend List

Anyways, wtf is Puzzle & Dragons? (Vanilla Mint Ice post from now on)

--------------

Puzzle & Dragons is a SOCIAL, FREENIUM game from JAPAN where you kill monsters, take their eggs, hatch them and fuse them to your other monsters, and then finally evolve them by jamming seeds and plants down their throat to create dragons. The main part of this game takes place on bejeweled style board except you can drag an orb to any location on the board while displacing orbs to create combos. Just watch it yourself:

Intrigued? The puzzle part is pretty neat and centric and you NEED to get good at it later on but there's actually a huge non obvious hidden depth to this game. And that is the management. Once your training wheels are taken off the enemies start showing up with defenses in the thousands, can you hit you for thousands, and will probably appear in groups of three attacking you in the same turn. A normal gamer would say this is a bullshit paywall and uninstall the app, which is the proper reaction for freenium games like these but there are actually many ways to get around these challenges outside of 'more numbers'. In the special limited time dungeons, where most of the good stuff in this game drops, what kind of team you go in with will decide whether or not you even have a chance of beating it before the match started.

IAP is not required to win. It is possible to pay to win… but at such a ridiculous rate, it’s not even worth considering.

The five fundamental puzzle patterns
    y9IvO.png

Memorize this and be able to recognize these patterns on the board. These are the basic 3-orb patterns that will pop up and you need to be able to quickly string them all together to create sick combos.

Which starter should I pick? Fire, water or wood?

Pick whichever you want. Pick the one you always or never take in pokémon. There are minor differences between them like the fire starter has a higher ATK(Attack), the green starter has a higher RCV(Recovery), and the blue starter is balanced between them but it really doesn't matter. The Red, Blue, and Green Starter Dragons are available from many different places, so this starting choice is not particularly important.
    If you have decided to go without In App Purchases, I suggest starting with the Red starter dragon as the Red Orb Changer (Gigas/Titan) is readily available whereas the Blue and Green Orb Changer’s are from a much more difficult dungeon and much more difficult to skill up. Orb Changers and Skill ups? What are you talking about… we will get to that later.

How do I get magic stones?
    :tenbux:
    Otherwise, you get a magic stone for beating all the stages in a given dungeon. You also get magic stones for logging in x amount of days like 3 stones after playing for ten days and 5 stones after playing for thirty days. There are also special occasions where everybody gets a free magic stone from the devs.

How should I spend my magic stones? Should I replenish my st

NO. Unless you are a :thousandbux: player do not spend your stones on stamina refills. Yes, I know it takes ten minutes to get back one stamina. Yes I know you are puzzlin' for some drag'uns right now but chill out. This is a long term game with already enough content to fill 3 months+ even with iap usage. In the long term it is not worth wasting stones on stamina. There are very few exceptions to this… if you can think of one, you do not need to be reading this anymore.

That said, there are four other uses for magic stone besides stamina refill:
    1. 5 stones for a rare egg roll
    2. Expand your monster boxes by 5
    3. Expand your friends list
    4. To continue a battle when you die

Unless you are a :thousandbux: player, magic stones will be a limiting resource for you. The optimal usage of these stones are as follows…
    1. Rare Egg Machine (REM) roll. Rare Egg Machine rolls should only be done during Godfests. Period. We will go over possible REM rolls in a later section.
    2. Expanded monster box. The optimal monster box size for a NON IAP player is between 50 and 100. (20 stones)
    3. Expand your friends list. There is no point in expanding your friends list if you are NON IAP.
    4. Continue a battle after death. Whether or not to continue is a personal choice. However, there are very few circumstances in which you should continue...
    Although eschewed by some, spending stones to continue in a dungeon for a guaranteed rare monster may be a very good investment. Of course, not all rare monsters are useful so the utility of the monster for the user’s team needs to be evaluated. Spending up to five stones (equivalent of a REM pull) may be a worthwhile investment for a monster that is guaranteed to drop and will dramatically improve the team. If more stones need to be spent, one may need to reconsider if the current team setup is ready for this dungeon.

My team sucks. I'm rank 40 and it takes me forever to kill things. Can you take a look at my team and tell me whats wrong?

Yeah, your team is trash. You got 90 monster boxes even though the only things of value on your team are your water starter and a lil black dragon. Also did you fuse/sell all your rare egg pulls or something?? You should reroll.

Since you're reading this OP I hope you wouldn't end up in that situation. I highly, highly recommend that if you find out that you really like this game and can see yourself playing for a long time to then 'reroll' until you have a good rare pull. Now what do people mean when they say reroll? We are saying that you should delete the app, reinstall it, and play through the tutorial again and see what you get with the free rare egg pull. Yeah it's tedious, watch a movie or a hockey game or something while you do it. Additionally, there's a way to get around the uninstall/reinstall: Android users can go into settings and clear the app data, and iOS users can connect their device to their computer and use iFunBox to delete data48.bin.

So what should I keep rerolling to get?

Godliest God Tier - Archangel Lucifer

He is just so far beyond everything else... at the current stage of the game, its ridiculous. For clearing all content in the game from Newbies to Pros... He just does it all. Has a ridiculously easy to farm team at all stages of the game.
    0 Tier – Astaroth

Astaroth is NOT Lucifer. BUT he is a very flexible 4 0 4 leader. I do not list him as Tier 1 but hes not God Tier… so he sits here. 2x HP and RCV for Demons along with Green Damage Return. Cool. Requires some very specific monsters to be useful.
    1st Tier - Horus(4x) /Kirin (5x) / Ra(6x) / Kunino?(4x)

These are all "burst" leaders. Each has a special matching requirement to activate their damage multiplier. Beginners will NOT do well with these leaders until their matching ability gets very good.

Horus needs any 4 colors which gives great flexibility in team building. His active is amazing as a sub for Goemon team... but pretty crappy as a leader.

Kirin needs 4 colors too... but Light, Red, Blue, Green, which is both better and worse at the same time. Her active ability is 20% HP Reduction! Nice.

Ra needs all 5 colors... to get great damage... you need godly matching skills and lots of luck. Even I cannot pull off Ra as much as I would want to and I can pull off Anubis! (10+combos for 10x dmg!) His active is 7777dmg that ignores armor, has very few niche uses for a sub.

Kunino?... Match 6+ combos and get 4x attack! A different playstyle than the Rainbow Burst... but not available on the US yet... His active skill... is super awesome and he gets nice stats but no RCV... His active skill is a one turn delay with 11 turn cooldown. Due to NO RCV on him... its tough to say where he ranks but... at my level of the game, I would favor him over Horus...

Tier 2 Isis(3x) / Bastet(2.5x but getting upgrade)

Isis... match 3 colors get 3x damage. Her quick heal is also useful for beginners... Mediocre Stats... you outgrow her quickly and she is not a good sub.

Bastet... make 4+ combos and get 2.5x dmg... Also yawn. but upgrade happening on JP side to supposed 4x dmg and buff to her active... Her active makes every attack hit all targets for 3 turns. Also a useful sub sometimes...

Apart from those leaders... Everything else is just about the same... You can beat everything up to Castle of Satan regular with any team.

The reason we make such a big deal of starting roll is this... Every roll after your starting roll costs you Magic Stones and you will never know what you will get from the REM... except for Toy Dragons. You will always get toy dragons...

If your time is valuable to you and you dont enjoy rerolling... Dont. Just buy stones and then wait for a godfest that lists ArchAngel Lucifer and then buy stones till you get him. Could cost you 5 bucks, could cost you 1000. RANDOM.

My advice is this...

If you are brand new to the game, go with any roll and play until you cleared Tower of Giants. If you like it... start a second account and begin rerolling until you get one of the listed Gods.

If you know you like the game already... and dont want to feel like a Ranger in Vanilla EQ... or umm whats a more current comparison... reroll until you get one of the listed Gods.

If you know you want to be a power game... reroll until you get Archangel Lucifer.

The last thing I will say about rerolling for Archangel Lucifer... You will spend much more time not being able to beat content or descends and wishing you had gotten one than you will spend rerolling until you get one.

Dyvim had this to say about Baal:
    I think you are missing out Baal in your god ranking list. Dam x 2.5 and all you need is HP bar above 50%. He helped me out quite well and he gets picked when i have him up (more than when I up GOdin *shrug*).

What are these Evo Material? Enhance Material??

Evo materials are monsters used for evolving your other monsters. Enhance materials are monsters who give alot of experience when fed to your monsters.

Help I'm broke. How come it is so expensive to power up/enhance my monsters?

You're broke because you're dum (and haven't read this OP). Monsters need more and more experience as they level while that flamie you are using to feed will always give the same amount of experience points. The idea is that you have to start feeding better monsters as your monster level or you will stay broke.

An early strategy once the monster you want to level is over 10 is to feed your 'feeders' to carbuncles, and then feed your carbuncles to your monster. Evolved knights are also accepted. Around 30 you want to switch to evolved pengdras. Colored Pengdras are found in the technical dungeons, which are unlocked after the Castle of Satan. They max at level 10 with exactly 2556 experience points and will give 9000 experience points when fed to a monster of the same color. But if you evolve them with 1 dragon plant and 2 same colored metallic dragon they will give 45k exp to a same color monster. However there are no pengdras for light and dark.

There are also special metallic dragon events that appears three times a day for an hour and are spaced five hours apart. They are super easy dungeons that cost 15/20 stamina and will give you a chance to get metallic dragons that can give 1500+, 15000+, or 75000+(!) experience points to the same color monsters. It's these same events where you will find the small metallic dragons to evolve the pengdras. Unless you got other more pressing needs for your stamina, I recommend you spend your stamina on these events when they appear.

Also if you haven't unlocked technical dungeons yet then don't stress yourself out too much trying to level up that sweet god you got from your first pull. You'll go broke and not have much to show for it.

Where do I farm xxx Evo Material?

Rubylit, Sapphilit, etc: Dungeon of Fire to Dungeon of Dark. I recommend doing it during a 1/2 stamina bonus.
    Red Evolve Mask, Blue Evolve Mask, etc: Volcano of Vulcan to Pluto Valley.
    Crimson Demon Mask, Indigo Demon Mask, etc: Fire Forest Nerva to Twin Temple Diana. I recommend doing it during a 1.5x item drop bonus.
    Divine Carmine Mask, Divine Indigo Mask, etc: I recommend farming them in the second stage of the first set of the technical dungeons.
    Keeper of Fire, Keeper of Light, etc: The red, blue and green keepers are the bosses of their level in the Tuesday Dungeons. The light and dark keeper are random encounters in the tuesday dungeons.
    Dub-rubylit, Dub-sapphiiit, etc: Friday Dungeon on expert.

Dragon Seed: Thursday Dungeon. Otherwise Departure Tower.
    Dragon Plant: Thursday Dungeon. Otherwise The Tower of Trials.
    Dragon Flower: Thursday Dungeon. Otherwise Tower of Giants.
    Dragon Fruit: Thursday Dungeon.

Where do I get the ~special~ evo materials?

Mythlit: He's the boss of the Friday dungeon on Adept. Otherwise he appears onwards from the fourth set of normal of dungeons and also in the technical dungeons.
    Mystic Mask: Wednesday Dungeon on Expert.
    Keeper of ~Rainbow~: He has his own special Tuesday Dungeon.
    Dub-mythlit: Friday Dungeon on Expert.

Extremely valuable and farmable monsters

When you don't have anything better to do, I recommend you fill out your rosters by farming for one of these:

A Healer who at 5 stars will heal you every turn for three times their RCV as long as you matched an orb: Mermaid(water). Mermaids have an active skill that will change fire orbs to heal orbs. The 5* Mermaids aka Siren the Enchanter is absolutely amazing at all stages of the game. Mermaid's active skill is also 'easily' leveled up by fusing the evolved water goblins to her. You can farm these in the second and third set of dungeons where they appear as bosses. Mermaid evolves to Siren evolves to Siren, the Enchanter.

Naga, the fire 'Healer'. She has the valuable active skill 'Menace' which delays all enemy attack by 3 turns. Her leader skill is trash though. Her skill is so powerful that all new dungeons have mechanics designed to negate her skill… but she is still that good! Naga is farmed in the second and third set of dungeons. Nage evolves to Echidna evolves to Echidna, the Red Empress. Sometimes referred to as Enchilada due to iOS autocorrect.

Vampire. He's a dark monster with a leader skill that 2x dark attacks and an active skill changes heal orbs to dark orbs. Orb changers are highly regarded in this game and the evolved vampire, Vampire Lord, is a key anchor in all dark teams. Their active skill is also 'easily' leveled using big baddies. They are an random encounters in the Castle of Satan. Farm for one during a 1.5x item bonus.

Titan. He has the leader skill 'Resolve' which allows you to survive with 1hp if you get killed while you have 70% hp or more, similar the one ogres all have. Note it only works once per turn so you will still die when fatally hit twice in the same turn. Their active skill changes heal orbs to fire orbs and are 'easily' leveled up by using the evolved fire goblins. Titans are farmable in the Tower of Giants and the Tower of Trials.

What is this about leveling your skill?

When you fuse a monster to your monster that both have the same skill, there is a supposedly 20% chance it will get a skill up. When you evolve it the skill levels will stay the same if the evolved form have the same skill. It does not matter when you are fusing whether you use one or five at the same time. Leveling your skill level reduces the active skill's cooldown by 1 turn per level.

I just got a lil dragon from the PAL machine. What are these? Are they any good? They don't even give good exp so should I just sell them?

Lil dragons start out at 2* but when they are evolved three times and into their 5* form their leader skill gives a 50% damage reduction to their color and their active skill is a 20000 colored nuke to all enemies. Their stats are also very good. In fact having a full squad of all five colors is recommended.

Friends? I don't need Friends! Friends, What is it good for?

Absolutely everything. Friends will be a key part of your team composition because your friend's leader skill will activate and in almost all cases, stack with your own leader skill. If you followed my advice to reroll until you got a kicking rad elite monster then everyone in the world will want to be your friend. In that situation you will have to be selective in choosing who are your friends (because you have limited friends slots). Don't just look at the attack stats but also their active skill, leader skill, hp and rcv. Note that you can't reuse a friend until they log back in. Another note, they have to first accept your friend request and be your friend before their leader skill will activate.

What is this gift trading people are talking about?

Once you hit rank 20 you can choose one friend to give a present to. You and your chosen friend will each get one of the three starter dragons or the equivalent light or dark dragon. The idea is to do this with someone who will also use their present on you so you will both have two chances. So just ask to gift trade with someone in this thread by posting your friend code (find it in Friend->ID Search). By the way there's no way to actually trade stuff between users.

I just got an egg with a big plus sign on it, what is this?

That means that monster has a stat bonus on one of their stat. You can see which one it is by looking at their stats; +1 in hp gives 5hp, +1 in atk gives +5atk, and +1 in rcv gives +3rcv. More importantly, you can transfer this stat bonus to one of your more useful monsters by fusing it to them. I recommend fusing your +1 hp bonuses to monsters you use the most. I recommend fusing your +1 atk bonuses to monsters who are part of your main attack team and/or has an active skill that is based off of their atk stat like dragons and poisoners. I recommend fusing your +1 rcv to your healer and if you have multiple, prioritize all of them to Amaterasu >>> Mermaid > Cupid/Dryad. The maximum +1 bonuses a monster can have is +99 to each stat to a total of +297. Note that fusing plus bonuses increases fusing costs dependent on how many pluses the monster you're fusing to already have.

I don't know what I'm doing. I don't know who or where I am. Please recommend me a team formation.

A good, classic, and basic team is a team of the same color where you and your friend's leader have a leader skill that boosts your color of choice's attack. Some sort of orb changer in these teams are a must at advance levels. Mystic knights, the orb changer who changes your color's weakness to your color (for example fire to wood) are farmable in expert and master levels of the special dungeons. The second type of orb changer is the Attack Stance orb changers who changes heal orbs to your color, and they are either very easy or hard to impossible to get depending on the color. Fire and dark (Titan and Vampire) can farm for theirs in the normal dungeons. Water and wood (Berserker and Highlander) are only farmable through an endgame dungeon. Light (Valkyrie) are currently only obtainable through rare egg pulls.

Another good basic team is basically just one that has either you or your friend's leader as one of the three 5* healer (Archangel, Siren the Enchanter, Alarune). Get some attacking power or maybe a leader with a 30/50% colored damage reduction and you'll be set for a good part of the early and middle game.

When do the metallic dragons appear? Is the time each day always the same?

Join the unofficial facebook group, http://www.facebook.com/groups/PADGlobal/, and look at their pinned post for the US dragon time tables. Now go to Friend->ID Search and look at your own ID. The third digit of your ID to the left tells you which 'group' you belong to. For example mine is 303,xyz,xyz so I belong on the D group. Now that you know your group, look at the time table to see when dragons appear for you. The time may change from day to day so just check daily. Note that no matter what they always appear 5 hours apart for a total of 3 times daily.

Favorite all your important monsters

Go to monster box and favorite all the stuff you don't want to accidentally sell and fuse when you go drunk puzzle and dragoning.

The timer doesn't not start ticking until you move an orb

Take your time to examine the board and plan out your point of attack and where to go from there.

Backup

Remember to back up your app data files, specially data48.bin. There is no login or anything so if you uninstall this game or wipe out your phone then you would not be able to access your old account anymore. iOS users should backup with itunes and use a 3rd party tool like iFunBox just to be safe. Android users should backup with a 3rd party tool like Titanium Backup.

Resources
    http://zh.pad.wikia.com/wiki/Puzzle_...BB%B4%E5%9F%BA - The Chinese wiki that everybody uses
    http://www18.atwiki.jp/pazdra/pages/35.html - Japanese wiki
    Both of them have information and numbers on all the monsters and dungeons so just use whichever you find funnier translated through google babelfish or whatever but do use one of them.
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/PADGlobal/ - English facebook group, has a work in progress english monster book, FAQ, and metal dragon time tables.
    http://puzzledragonsus.blogspot.ca/ - English blog about the game, has advanced strategy on the special dungeons[/I][/I]
    Puzzle Dragon X - English wiki which is coming along very nicely, has almost all the US versions data in it.
    http://puzzleanddragonsforum.com/index.php - An English discussion forum

--------------

Personally the reroll info above might be a little too OTT, I guess it depends on how much time you mind spending deleting/reinstalling etc. I did it for a while on a quiet day and got a Neptune on my 7th restart. You get a stone for every dungeon set you clear, it doesn't take too long to finish the first five dungeons so if you are on the fence about your first rare egg roll after the tutorial, try rattling off the first few and see what your second egg gives you. If its something terrible then it might be worth rerolling again. If you decide to plug away at this game you'll be in it for the long haul and after a while will be planning stuff a week ahead to get specific drops from once a week dungeons. That's why I was prepared to do some rerolling to start with, I figured a bit of a pain early on will be rewarded down the road.

Can't recommend enough you friend people as fast as you can early on, especially healers like Siren/Angel etc as they will heal you every time you match orbs even if you don't do any damage. You only get access to their leader skill when friended.

Team Cost - This can catch you out early on, every unit has a cost and it's pretty much what you'd think - The better the unit the more it costs to use it in your team. The team total you can deploy goes up every few levels, mine at rank 54 is 62 points of which I'm currently using 59. The main way you can be caught out early on is finally levelling a nice unit to max, evolving it to the next level and suddenly it costs 11 instead of 6 and bam, your team needs changing. Hell early on you can get the super rare 5* + drops from the rare egg machine and can't even use them until you've played a while as they cost 20+ to deploy!

Puzzle & Dragons Friend List

If you have the opportunity to special evolve your unit with an additional colour, the damage is calculated thus: If the sub colour is a different sub colour, the sub colour does 30% damage. If you have one of the rare units you can evolve to dual the same colour, you only get 10% extra damage instead of 30% from it so it's probably better to dual colour unless you will always be mono teaming that unit. However there is usually extra reasons to sub the extra colour, more resists in Neptune's case etc.

When it comes to overall damage, more combos is better than more orbs! It sounds strange but the way the damage is added up it's true! You get +25% damage per orb added on so you may thank 175% (a 6 orb match) vs 200% ( 2 x 3 orb matches) is close BUT what you should take into account is the combo bonus which 2 matches give you. The combo bonus is another 25% so the comparison is now 175% for a 6 match vs 250% for 2 x 3 matches. Add in any leader bonuses etc and you can see how that gap is just going to keep climbing.

With multiple targets you only need to make one 5x line to get the multiple attack counted, all the others for that colour can be any amount of 3+ and they will be added the same way.

None of this takes resists etc into account either but the basic strategy holds, more combos = more damage!

=====================

Edited 3rd Oct with changes passed over from DF~ Thank him for helping keep this OP useful to everyone hopefully!
    Last edited by Sean; 04-27-2014 at 02:40 PM.

Tuconots
    Today's metal dragon dungeons are fire based. From the facebook group...

[US] Ruby Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/8/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
    (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
    A: 8:00 13:00 18:00
    B: 9:00 14:00 19:00
    C: 10:00 15:00 20:00
    D: 11:00 16:00 21:00
    E: 12:00 17:00 22:00

I just ran it 3 times (was right on the verge of levelling up) and got 2 of the super rare type which were 60k+ each when fed to my Shiva/Tyrannos

Tuconots
    So I'm level 9 with no gods and a pretty "meh" team.....should I just reroll and keep doing so until I get one?

Tuconots
    How long until I get to be able to do the Sky Dragon/other special dungeons? I'm just chewing away now (doing Fire Forest Nebula or whatever).

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant View Post
    So I'm level 9 with no gods and a pretty "meh" team.....should I just reroll and keep doing so until I get one?
    I got a cupid (light healer) as my "rare" from the initial gacha roll but just went with it. I cleared through enough dungeons and then used my stones and wound up with a dual color knight. Then waited and my 3rd stone pull was a Vampire. I've been rocking dual color knight as leader, vampire, cupid, blue or green healer, and my red starter dragon (who is in his 3rd form). I try to pick a friend Dark-focused monster to benefit, but it means I end up using green or blue (whichever I'm short) as a bonus generator.

From what I've seen, you can try it either way. If you really want to start out rocking, reinstall but be prepared to do it quite a few times for one of those awesome monsters.

Be aware that you have a "team limit" too. I evolved one of my team members to high, and hit my limit. So I had to use another monster until I ranked up.

Tuconots
    I dont know the names of the monsters or whatever but I got a wood level 30 guy as the rare, he's okay but my team isn't very good and I'm starting to struggle already. I'll probably just reroll.

Tuconots
    Thanks for that post. I have played around with this a little but diddn't know wtf I was doing.

There are a few other 'puzzle and dragon-likes' on the app store.

Dragems
    Angel Salvation
    Jewel Dragon

I haven't played any of them enough to see if they hold up as well as P&D but if you like this sort of game they are probably worth checking out.

Tuconots
    From what I understand P&D was the fore runner and the others tried to tweak the formula a little. It took them a very long time to release P&D in the west and even then, on IOS at least, it is only available from the US appstore. Luckily as it is a free app you can make an account with a random address without needing payment details, as that's how I got hold of it. Angel Salvation was the main US sided game before P&D got it's release I believe but in Japan P&D is seen as the main game, it's got a big enough user base they even have tv adverts to announce new updates! They had a Final Fantasy tie-in a while back, would be nice if they can sort the license to do that for the western version.

I forgot to mention team cost in the OP, will amend that soon. Nothing worse early on than evolving something then realising you need to mess your team up to fit it in again.

Tuconots
    Just realized you made a thread for this, oops. Just a note, Chrome does a bang up job translating pages. Just right click and hit Translate to English. No need to bounce back and forth between babelfish.

Tuconots
    Rerolled 8 times now, best I've got so far is Tiamat.

Tuconots
    Rerolled 8 times now, best I've got so far is Tiamat.
    Just spent 5 stones and got a 5star lilith. Tempted to go even further dark (dual knight, vampire lord, lilith) but I know whatever I short myself will constantly show up.

Tuconots
    The Tiamat seems pretty cool, it's 5 stars as well, but I'm gonna keep going till I get one from the list that was posted above.

Tuconots
    I've gotten a Freyr, Tiamat, Shanagu (or something to that effect), and a Witch Queen Lilith (or something to that effect), as well as a bunch of other crap. Still looking for a top 2 tier God, but I am only going to sink another 3-4 hours into trying to get one, then just settling for the first 5-star god I come across.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Ao- View Post
    Just spent 5 stones and got a 5star lilith. Tempted to go even further dark (dual knight, vampire lord, lilith) but I know whatever I short myself will constantly show up.
    It's pretty much always better to have single colored team, just for the leader bonuses - your vampire lord doubles the attack of all dark guys, so if you had a fire knight and a dark knight, the fire knight would have to be twice as strong as the dark to break even, even if you just blow up fire gems to no effect. It gets even bigger if you have friends with multipliers to all dark.

One other side bonus of single color is that it is not too hard to make a single color AOE attack ( i.e. full bar across the board ), but it's incredibly difficult to do a dual color one.

Oh, yeah, random advice -if you do go with a dark/light team *DO NOT* sell off the other color guys, you want at least one red/green/blue team - the weekend dungeon is the best source of cash, and has no dark or light gems ;p

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by velk View Post
    It's pretty much always better to have single colored team, just for the leader bonuses - your vampire lord doubles the attack of all dark guys, so if you had a fire knight and a dark knight, the fire knight would have to be twice as strong as the dark to break even, even if you just blow up fire gems to no effect. It gets even bigger if you have friends with multipliers to all dark.

One other side bonus of single color is that it is not too hard to make a single color AOE attack ( i.e. full bar across the board ), but it's incredibly difficult to do a dual color one.

Oh, yeah, random advice -if you do go with a dark/light team *DO NOT* sell off the other color guys, you want at least one red/green/blue team - the weekend dungeon is the best source of cash, and has no dark or light gems ;p
    I did the weekend dungeon when I started and couldn't figure out why I was suddenly seeing light/dark gems in the regular dungeons. Nice to finally know.

Tuconots
    Okay so I just got a Amaterasu which was in the first list of 3 ultra good gods to start with. I didn't know she was a light character, her abilities are pretty awesome so should I just concentrate on building light based team while collecting and leveling another color on the side for weekend dungeons?

Tuconots
    Sounds nice, why can't you play these games on PC though? :/

Or can you...?

Tuconots
    I tried to get this but apparently I am blocked because my phone is registered to a Canadian carrier, fuck that noise, I have no idea what the rationale is for allowing US but not Canada.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Makkon View Post
    I tried to get this but apparently I am blocked because my phone is registered to a Canadian carrier, fuck that noise, I have no idea what the rationale is for allowing US but not Canada.
    Taxes/bullshit/etc on IAP?

Tuconots
    Gungho have been very quiet as to why it's only out in the US so far in the west and have no current dates (that I've seen since before Christmas anyway) to release elsewhere.

It's easy enough to get round the IOS store restrictions and make multiple accounts, I have US, Canadian and Japanese accounts to go with my main UK account. I have no idea sadly on how easy this is to do on Google Play or if there is even region restrictions on their marketplace at all?

Tuconots
    How many times did you guys have to reroll for even a 5 star? I'm killing my phones battery just rerolling.

Tuconots
    I got lucky and got one on my 7th reroll and then landed Shiva on the 2nd rare egg after the first few dungeons. I've been called various names for that good luck I've since had jack shit from the rare egg pulls and had to farm for a Titan for a stupid amount of runs so I guess it evened out!

I've read horror stories on SA from people on their 50th reroll with nothing useful to show for it, if your luck is that bad then backing up your files if you get a decent roll but are not 100% sure is a reasonable idea. It may seem more attractive if you do 10 more rerolls and keep getting shite. They are probably missing out on an extra money making opportunity tbh, if they offered a selection of one of the main suggested set of 5* etc for a $5 start I suspect quite a few people would take them up on it.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Penance View Post
    How many times did you guys have to reroll for even a 5 star? I'm killing my phones battery just rerolling.
    8 times for a 5 star, on my 9th I got the God Fazana (which also shows up as 5 star, I wouldn't have known it was a God I dont think unless it was lsited above as such)

Fazana, can you respond to my previous post please?

Prince of Nothing
    Tuconots
    Curse you for posting this! I intalled it and got a cupid and then a 2nd cupid from my 2nd egg. I just opened a dual knight, Gryps Rider.

I'm a total ignorant player at this point...Should I just scrap this start?

Tuconots
    Okay so I just got a Amaterasu which was in the first list of 3 ultra good gods to start with. I didn't know she was a light character, her abilities are pretty awesome so should I just concentrate on building light based team while collecting and leveling another color on the side for weekend dungeons?
    Weekend dungeons are only run for coins, you don't get drops. If you can live without those (and I haven't bothered with one for the last two weekends myself) then just concentrate on your light team. Keep an eye out for the gold metal dragon day as they are worth triple the amount a normal metal dragon is so you can make some decent bank from running that a couple of times instead on the day it's due. Today is plan metal (dark) dragon day so I haven't used it myself yet, I'm still mainly farming to try and boost my Titan's spell level on his hp to fire orbs skill.

It costs (Unit to increase level) x 100 per unit to power up fusion so this gets expensive pretty quickly, use your carbuncles as intermediate xp fodder. You might lose some xp when doing it but save a ton of coins, if you feed same colour carbuncles to the target unit then you'll get the xp back anyway from the 50% bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Brand View Post
    Curse you for posting this! I intalled it and got a cupid and then a 2nd cupid from my 2nd egg. I just opened a dual knight, Gryps Rider.

I'm a total ignorant player at this point...Should I just scrap this start?
    I would tbh, one with something else might not have been bad but two and then a dual knight is pretty grim. You might want to back up the files though in case you change your mind later or decide fuck it and stick with it and friend up as many damage dealing friends as you can. If you can find a few people with Valkyries you might do okay actually, they turn healer teams into shitkickers.
    Last edited by Fazana; 01-09-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Tuconots
    Okay, so I finally pulled a Vitra. However, now I am confused as fuck as how to enhance/evolve and my monster box is full. Just color on color? And what is the deal with all these dragon seeds?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazana View Post
    Gungho have been very quiet as to why it's only out in the US so far in the west and have no current dates (that I've seen since before Christmas anyway) to release elsewhere.

It's easy enough to get round the IOS store restrictions and make multiple accounts, I have US, Canadian and Japanese accounts to go with my main UK account. I have no idea sadly on how easy this is to do on Google Play or if there is even region restrictions on their marketplace at all?
    Yeah I tried that, but google play apparantly knows my device is registered to a Canadian provider and won't let me install even with a US account. I would have to root my phone and change its location information but I can't really be bothered to do that. Oh well.

Tuconots
    Are you guys rerolling after using the 5 magic stones from the tutorial?

Tuconots
    I didn't reroll at all. Maybe I was just lucky with some drops (Vamp Lord, Gryps, Lillith, 3star cupid). I know I've made some dumb decisions though...

Also, the little dragons that are max level 1, those give super XP to the appropriate color. Feed them one at a time and gain some levels.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Composter View Post
    Okay, so I finally pulled a Vitra. However, now I am confused as fuck as how to enhance/evolve and my monster box is full. Just color on color? And what is the deal with all these dragon seeds?
    To evolve a monster it must be maximum level (You can see a monsters max level by selecting a monster and clicking "Check Info") and you must have certain monsters to sacrifice to it when you're ready to evolve (Called EVO Material). To level up a monster you click "Power-up Fusion", you then select other monsters to fuse in to your main monster. You will lose all but the main monster. You can use any color or type of monster you want as power-up material, you just gain bonus exp when you use monsters of the same color as the main monster. You can also randomly get a bonus exp multiplier when you do the fusion.

Dragon Seeds are EVO material, you will need them later when your monsters are high level, and you can get more by doing the "Special" dungeons that change every day. Since you probably have a small monster box you're probably fine to sell/level up with them, they aren't hard to get later...you will want to hold on to the highly rare ones though. There is a set dungeon for each day of the week for EVO Materials...a set dungeon for the weekend for Money, and usually 2-3 other special dungeons for trying to gain special rare monsters.

Any more questions let me know...I'm Rank 47, I've been playing it for a couple of months maybe...and didn't realize how much I knew about it til I started reading this post lol. Stupid addicting thing.

Tuconots
    I didn't reroll at all. Maybe I was just lucky with some drops (Vamp Lord, Gryps, Lillith, 3star cupid). I know I've made some dumb decisions though...

Also, the little dragons that are max level 1, those give super XP to the appropriate color. Feed them one at a time and gain some levels.
    Feeding multiples at a time does the same thing/ same exp, just saves you time. Unless you are about to level cap your monster, then I'd do one at a time.

I've had some very lucky ones when feeding the 50-60k exp dragons and getting "Super!" or "Awesome!" multipliers.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Diemess View Post
    Are you guys rerolling after using the 5 magic stones from the tutorial?
    I suspect most are, if you get a shitty two star right out of the gate you might as well re-roll there and then. If you get something reasonable but not fantastic it can be worth running the first few dungeons quickly to see what you get from your next five stone rare egg pull and decide then if you want to carry on or start again.

I've finished the first technical dungeon but the next one is water based and I'm running a mono fire team atm. Its still only 6k-ish hp as well so I've got some grinding in my future. I think I will be sorting a water team as well, I have Neptune and a 4* Siren on the go as a start with a potential leviathan and a couple of ogres kicking about for an hp backbone.

Eventually I want to dual colour some ogres, especially the hilarious looking afro-ogre.
    Last edited by Fazana; 01-09-2013 at 10:31 PM.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Makkon View Post
    Yeah I tried that, but google play apparantly knows my device is registered to a Canadian provider and won't let me install even with a US account. I would have to root my phone and change its location information but I can't really be bothered to do that. Oh well.
    Have you tried APK downloader ? I know market enabler works, but that requires root - I don't think apk downloader does.

Tuconots
    I've done a few reroll runs looking for support guys for my main, odds seem to be about 70% green egg, 20% grey egg, 10% gold egg from my history.

Gold egg will always get you a 5*, but as you can see from the link above, lots of the 5* are pretty crappy - some of the grey guys are great starts too ( see vampire lord, 4* swordsman, siren )

Tuconots
    I've done a few reroll runs looking for support guys for my main, odds seem to be about 70% green egg, 20% grey egg, 10% gold egg from my history.

Gold egg will always get you a 5*, but as you can see from the link above, lots of the 5* are pretty crappy - some of the grey guys are great starts too ( see vampire lord, 4* swordsman, siren )
    I'm going on reroll #10 (I'm lost power at work... lol). At this point I'll settle for a 4 star so I can just start playing again. I love this game and am highly addicted. Great recommendation.

Tuconots
    Started off great, got Neptune from my first pull - no re-rolling thank the gods. Used the first 10 gems from passing levels and what do I get? First a Piedra (dark toy dragon) pops out, not bad. Second.. another Piedra pops out RAGE. I was at least hoping to round out my team a little. We'll see what pops in another 5 levels...

Tuconots
    Great game recommendation, I'm on my 7th reroll now. So far the best I've gotten is a Sylph and a Lilith? maybe I forgot what the last one was called. I'm getting ansy too though as I want to get playing, even my wife's eyes lit up when she saw me playing the tutorial haha.

Tuconots
    Yeah, best I've gotten was this last 5 star Lilith. Is that just shitty?

Tuconots
    Have you tried APK downloader ? I know market enabler works, but that requires root - I don't think apk downloader does.
    this worked, thanks for the heads up

Tuconots
    Some dude named Pilforgod is helping me!

Tuconots
    Hey cool, I think I may kill that account though. I'm not sure the leader is all that good. Although he is an orb changer which is cool, he's not on that list up top lol.

Tuconots
    Should have been keeping track, I'm at least at 15 rerolls by now, get a super rare, beast rider. /sigh?

Tuconots
    I don't care for Amaterasu.

Tuconots
    I don't care for Amaterasu.
    Kind of the definition of late bloomer there - start with a very sub-par healer that costs a fortune to improve. Long term though, it's pretty epic.

No Pants Dance
    Tuconots
    Any way to get this to play on the computer?

I am a dinosaur and do not have a 'smart' phone.

Tuconots
    You *might* have some luck getting it to run under the bluestacks android emulator but I doubt it tbh, it needs constant internet access.

Todays metal dragons are blue!

PADGlobal posted:

[US] Sapphire Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/10/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
    B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
    C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
    D: 08:00 13:00 18:00
    E: 09:00 14:00 19:00

Tuconots
    Faz I have no idea wtf you're talking about in those posts about daily dragons.

Tuconots
    Kind of the definition of late bloomer there - start with a very sub-par healer that costs a fortune to improve. Long term though, it's pretty epic.
    How long until I see something from her though because I'm having troubles already and you're right, she's expensive as shit to try and level.

Tuconots
    Faz I have no idea wtf you're talking about in those posts about daily dragons.

Each day in the special dungeon tab there are metal dragon dungeons appearing sporadically. To cut down on server load they appear at different times for different people, the 3rd digit of your friend ID will help you identify which group you are in and what time it will appear for an hour. I'm in group B so they will show up in my special dungeon tab at 11, 16 and 21 hours PST. Which sucks as I'm on euro time, I'll probably only hit the first one.

The dungeon is nothing but metal dragons, if a colour isn't specified they will be plain dark dragons. They come in 3 ranks: normal, high and king and give more xp appropriately. They have stupid high defence so typically you only hit for 1hp per unit in each attack, iirc the 3 ranks have 5, 10 and 15hp each. if you have access to a shiva you can cut down the killing time by lowering the defence but as they hit for fuck all don't worry about it, just load up on a mono team and bash away hoping the higher ranks drop and not a fist full of the lowest.

Early on you will mostly use them as xp fodder or even sell them (especially the yellow dragons, they sell for triple value) but later on you can use the right coloured dragons along with pengdras from the technical dungeons to evolve them to their second stage. Why is that a big deal? A max level (10) pengdra is worth 9k xp or so. Evolve it with 2 metal dragons and a dragon plant and the newly evolved pengdra is worth 45k xp. With some of the later units needing several million xp to level up this is one of the best ways to do it, especially if you only feed the same colour for the 50% bonus.

Even without evolving the pengdras they are still decent xp, they only take 2.6k or so xp to max so the 9k return when you use them on other units makes them good investments for your coins. Technical dungeons don't open until you've defeated Tower of Satan in the normal dungeon list.

Tuconots
    You *might* have some luck getting it to run under the bluestacks android emulator but I doubt it tbh, it needs constant internet access.

Todays metal dragons are blue!

PADGlobal posted:

[US] Sapphire Dragon Schedule (20 Stamina) 1/10/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)

A: 10:00 15:00 20:00
    B: 11:00 16:00 21:00
    C: 12:00 17:00 22:00
    D: 08:00 13:00 18:00
    E: 09:00 14:00 19:00
    PST right? Also, what difficulty is the dungeon?

Tuconots
    BTW, my friend ID is 326,948,200 if anyone needs Vitra as a helper (dark god with 1.5 atk boost for dragons and gods, and a grudge hit ability).

Prince of Nothing
    Tuconots
    Is Genie decent? I just pulled one and wasn't paying any attention to the rarity.

I now have 2 Cupid, Gryps Rider, and a Genie...I'm such a sucker, considering spending $ for some pulls. That, or rerolling for a God and THEN spending money. To reroll on a ipad I just delete and reinstall?

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Brand View Post
    To reroll on a ipad I just delete and reinstall?
    Yeah. I've been insanely unlucky (according to this thread) and have played like 20 rerolls without anything close to something on that list however. I've had 2 5 star monsters so far and a bunch of SHIT, so if you have something decent I'd think twice.
    Last edited by Daezuel; 01-10-2013 at 06:53 PM.

Tuconots
    Lol, I rerolled nearly 80 times before I got Vitra. Went through a stretch of about 3 hours that I didn't get a gold egg (right around 30 pulls). Rerolling nonstop, I was able to average around 10 pulls an hour.

Tuconots
    Lol, I rerolled nearly 80 times before I got Vitra. Went through a stretch of about 3 hours that I didn't get a gold egg (right around 30 pulls). Rerolling nonstop, I was able to average around 10 pulls an hour.
    haha, was it worth it? This isn't exactly a shining endorsement to keep going.

Tuconots
    is it worth sticking with this game with a "Gryps Rider" as my pull? or should i restart?

Tuconots
    For a little while longer there is a bias of "dark gods" coming from the rare machine (lillith, vampire lord, gryps). I got him on one of mine and I'm tearing it up with Vampire Lord leader, Gyps, Dark Knight (first form, max level), 3rd form red dragon, light cupid, and using a friend's dark as my "guide". If it's a double VL combo, it can get insane; Loki works well too.

Tuconots
    As far as if it is worth it, I am having a blast now. I just need to get a good healer and I tear shit up. I got to the final dragon on the special dark dragon quest, but lost due to my phone going to sleep just when I moved an orb.

Tuconots
    For a little while longer there is a bias of "dark gods" coming from the rare machine (lillith, vampire lord, gryps). I got him on one of mine and I'm tearing it up with Vampire Lord leader, Gyps, Dark Knight (first form, max level), 3rd form red dragon, light cupid, and using a friend's dark as my "guide". If it's a double VL combo, it can get insane; Loki works well too.
    So should I have kept a 5 star Lilith?

Tuconots
    Once you are up and running the game should hopefully last you months with casual daily play sessions, spending some time up front to reroll for a while doesn't seem so bad if you look at it that way. If you aren't sure if you cba to do that much rerolling, just play whatever you get for a day or two and see what you think of the game in general. Spam friend requests to everyone, especially Sirens and Angels etc so you can easymode the opening dungeons. Backing up the two files mentioned in the OP will also let you go back to a roll you might not be sure about.

You certainly shouldn't spend any real money at all until you are settled with the initial hand and I'd suggest just using them for box spaces etc if you do spend coins. Why? Well if you spend $10 and get two shitty pulls from the rare egg machine you'll probably ragequit

If I was to start again knowing what I know now, I'd probably be an all-in lunatic and reroll until I got a Valkyrie, either 4* or 5* would do.

Don't forget to pair up with someone to swap presents at level 20+, you can only do it once and it "just" gives you an opportunity to use the egg machine to pull one of the starter dragon types BUT it's the only way atm to get a light or dark starter dragon. I ended up with another fire and a green sadly.

Tuconots
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilforgod View Post
    is it worth sticking with this game with a "Gryps Rider" as my pull? or should i restart?
    I also got a "Gryps Rider" on my 2nd reroll.

Worth keeping?

Tuconots
    Sorry, missed a couple of you mentioning the Gryps Rider, he's more of a long term bet but is bloody useful later on with his multiple orb changing ability if you decide to run a dark/light team. It's a longer path to get the units to fill out that team but he's solid enough.

You might want to try what I mentioned earlier if on the fence, try him for a few dungeons and crank out your next 5 stones and try the rare egg pull again. If you get something decent from that then stick with it, if you get a shitter then decide.

The last thing you want is to just reroll until you get sick of the game and end up not even playing though

Tuconots
    Sorry, missed a couple of you mentioning the Gryps Rider, he's more of a long term bet but is bloody useful later on with his multiple orb changing ability if you decide to run a dark/light team. It's a longer path to get the units to fill out that team but he's solid enough.

You might want to try what I mentioned earlier if on the fence, try him for a few dungeons and crank out your next 5 stones and try the rare egg pull again. If you get something decent from that then stick with it, if you get a shitter then decide.

The last thing you want is to just reroll until you get sick of the game and end up not even playing though
    I got the 2nd pull and it was crap, but right now I have a full dark team with lots of lvl 30/god dark friends. I like the fact that light orbs damage with the gryps also, so I'm not totally F'd if there's no dark orbs. I'll stick this one out for a bit and if my next 2-3 rolls go to shit too maybe I'll restart.

Tuconots
    So, I accidently fed my starter dragon to a carbuncle. Is that going to fuck me later?

Tuconots
    No, Composter, but the starters are pretty good for the early and mid game.

Tuconots
    I spent $5, fuck it. Pulled this

CDK.jpg

Worth it for 5bucks, I guess!
    Last edited by Diemess; 01-11-2013 at 01:02 AM.

Tuconots
    Gryps and Vampire lord fuck shit UP. Even with just Gryps leading (and taking Dark guides/friends) I was able to clear shit. There are lulls in my play though (where none of my orb change abilities are up and I have a ton of blue/green/health on the board), but I mostly just try to stack as many combos with my off colors with a single on-color.

What's even crazier is Vampire Lord's 2x dark attack and Loki's 1.5 dark attack (and heal) work on Gryps even if he's dealing light damage. So I'm generally doing 350% (Dark) to 100% (light) damage with Gryps (and my light cupid deals mediocre dmg on light as well).

I say stick with Gryps and just keep spending stones on rare rolls. Especially if they're doing a special (like now with the dark rares). Don't ever use stones to continue (unless you somehow got a + or a very rare or something) and never use them for restoring stamina. I'm at 45 or 50 boxes and I'm ok with space so far.

Tuconots
    Game is starting to annoy me, I'm to the point where I can't progress any more because the God healer I have fucking cant do dick in damage, I try to level it, took like 15 fusions to do so and she got no better at healing and does 5 more damage. I can't get pact the boss battle in the dungeon I'm in and I'm like level 8. I'm about to hang it up.

Tuconots
    Game is starting to annoy me, I'm to the point where I can't progress any more because the God healer I have fucking cant do dick in damage, I try to level it, took like 15 fusions to do so and she got no better at healing and does 5 more damage. I can't get pact the boss battle in the dungeon I'm in and I'm like level 8. I'm about to hang it up.
    You have any decent dmg guys? Starter dragon?

Tuconots
    So I'm a sucker for these things and dropped $5 for some extra pull, no stones showed up though and the game crashed when my purchase went through. How long does it take for stones to show up? Or do I need to contact CSR at this point?

Tuconots
    You have any decent dmg guys? Starter dragon?
    Well I was building my light team around my healer, I do have my starter red dragon but the God healer is so fucking expensive to level that I don't have much fodder at this point for him, nor do I have much to build a red team.

Tuconots
    Was your god level 30 out of the box? If so then leave it alone for a long time, hell my Shiva is still only 35 or so as the cost of levelling it is nuts and I know I won't have the stuff to evolve it to it's 6 star form for a good while anyway.
    Last edited by Fazana; 01-11-2013 at 10:41 AM.

Tuconots
    Well I rerolled one last time for the night a got a four star Valkrie. What is the difference between four and five stars and can this one be upgraded to a five star?

Tuconots
    Yes, unless you are patient/crazy enough to try for a 5* you've got one of the best starts in the current US version. Going to borrow a post from SA by a poster called Pixaal.
    Valk is Amazing She can only be pulled from the rare machine, but can basically steam roll a ton of stuff and just make the game so much faster (some bosses when you first hit them can seriously be tankable but you don't have the attack and can take 2-3hours, but valk can speed the fuck out of that). The only issue is you are going to want every healer, which they are not common drops. If the game is getting slow with her in the lead feel free to bench her, basically if you don't have all the healers on your team she's rather weak feeling.

Basically once you get her up and running and have a valk friend you have 6x damage and a bunch of healers to just spam heal yourself to full, oh and succubus will be poisoning the enemies making things nice and quick. If your Valk is 30, she'll really help carry you, if she's low leveled, you are probably going to want to sink your early XP into another good rare pull to make the early game easy.

Most of the recommended pulls honestly aren't that great early game, but are amazing late game, many of the good early game monsters you will not want to use late game anyways, and are more common, honestly the bulk of a standard team is probably going to be dragons and other easy to get to drop things, so you can just main one of them if you really need to. Hell use your starter, you wont get the most PAL points, but PAL pulls are trash. The starter is actually really really good.

Really Valk is awesome and will help you get by so many areas that suck, but what makes her good are the harder to obtain healers, so she will seam weak at first when playing, and she kinda is without the healers. So don't feel disappointed, she really will make the game fucking awesome after a week two. (and you will be playing this game for months).
    [US] Metal Dragon Schedule (15 Stamina) 1/11/2013 PST

Check your 3rd digit on the left of your ID as it classifies which group you belong to
    (A: 0,5) (B: 1,6) (C:2,7) (D:3,8) (E:4,9)
    A: 9:00 14:00 19:00
    B: 10:00 15:00 20:00
    C: 11:00 16:00 21:00
    D: 12:00 17:00 22:00
    E: 8:00 13:00 18:00

Tuconots
    So I was planning on going fire, but ended up drawing a siren (well, a mermaid anyway) early. Should I make a dark team then since the siren active removes fire gems?
    Last edited by Alexzander; 01-11-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Tuconots
    What I would do if I were you is to bench the healer for the time being and to use your starter dragon and go back and do some of the easier dungeons to get material to level him up. Then, once you have ranked up some and have a decent support team, start rocking the healer again.

Tuconots
    Was your god level 30 out of the box? If so then leave it alone for a long time, hell my Shiva is still only 35 or so as the cost of levelling it is nuts and I know I won't have the stuff to evolve it to it's 6 star form for a good while anyway.
    No, level 5. Should I reroll?

Tuconots
    Well, Ameratsu is one for the longer term, if you haven't got many healer friends with siren/angel etc it could be slow going early on. As Composter suggested pretty much ignore the big unit for now and try building a mono team around your starter dragons colour. It shouldn't be too hard to grab an ogre/goblin or two etc and bulk up a bit to get some dungeons cranked out.

Within a couple of days I had 10+ Sirens/Enchanters in my friends list and they logged in enough for me to almost always have one to use, it carried my useless arse a very long way before I got a decent lineup and even now I rately use anything other than a healer friend unit so I can convert health to fire orbs as often as possible.

Tried the Expert Friday Sprite dungeon earlier, was doing okay until I hit a strong sprite. Bugger hits for 6660 Time to read up on a zombie team!

Tuconots
    Red Ogre with a Red carbuncle (leveled to 2 star) should do a lot for you with the red team.

Tuconots
    So I should reroll then. Fuck it, this is my last go at it.

Tuconots
    So I should reroll then. Fuck it, this is my last go at it.
    No, just redo some of the lower red dungeons for some guys. The daily dungeon today is Sprites (and is EASY). Should get some evo material and be able to go.

Fuck rerolling, it's setup with the rare finder to get a competent team for the early play.

Tuconots
    Just got a Great Valkyrie on my 3rd reroll on my cell, gonna stick with that one and play the gryps on my tablet If anyone wants to friend me on phone the name is Pilforgods, Gryps is Pilforgod.

Tuconots
    I did the daily dungeon and got a "dark" evo material that is holding a crystal called Mythlit. Wtf is that?

Tuconots
    I believe the only way to friend add via search is using the 9 digit codes, otherwise it's hoping to bump into someone via explorers.

I did the daily dungeon and got a "dark" evo material that is holding a crystal called Mythlit. Wtf is that?
    It's a higher end evo material, more often used when transmuting 4* to 5* units.

Tuconots
    Ah right. My Pilforgods ID (Great Valk) is 331,748,206

Tuconots
    I am going to friend request you, pilfor...leaffe is the name on there.

Also, Tarrant, please tell me you didn't reroll the Ame...

Tuconots
    rerolled about 10 times and got a Hades, let the games begin!

Tuconots
    Also sent Pilfor a friend request since that post says we should be Valkrie buds.

So should I just be blasting out the noob dungeons and levelling my Blue starter dragon with my avalkrie in the lead?

Tuconots
    Man, still haven't gotten the stones I bought. What's the best course of action to contact CSR here? Should I just complain on their FB page lol.

Tuconots
    I'm about to hit level 20, anyone want to pair up and trade presents?

Name: Diemess
    ID: 328,947,209

Tuconots
    So I beat the adept sky dragon of darkness quest, got a lil black dragon and 1.5 ranks of exp. Now I just need coin, feeders, and a legit healer. Where can I farm for healers?

Tuconots
    I am going to friend request you, pilfor...leaffe is the name on there.

Also, Tarrant, please tell me you didn't reroll the Ame...
    Shes level 5, doesn't do shit and I can't use her. I tried leveling her and am going to have to spend stupid amounts of time in previous level dungeons to even build up somewhat close to a respectable second team at this point to use in place of my light team. I had to fuse between 20 and 30 creatuers with her to get her up one level to 6 and will have to pretty much farm for hours and hours and hours to get her anywhere close to being useable and by that time I'll have quite the game because screw farming for hours and hours and hours. Also I've onl ycome across one other person to friend that uses light creatures, while I haven't reroleld, I'm leaning towards it.

Am I wrong? Because at this point I don't even want to log in and play.
    Last edited by Tarrant; 01-11-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Tuconots
    Shes level 5, doesn't do shit and I can't use her. I tried leveling her and am going to have to spend stupid amounts of time in previous level dungeons to even build up somewhat close to a respectable second team at this point to use in place of my light team. I had to fuse between 20 and 30 creatuers with her to get her up one level to 6 and will have to pretty much farm for hours and hours and hours to get her anywhere close to being useable and by that time I'll have quite the game because screw farming for hours and hours and hours. Also I've onl ycome across one other person to friend that uses light creatures, while I haven't reroleld, I'm leaning towards it.

Ame is shit until evolved to 6* where she becomes crazily awesome. I can totally see not wanting to bench her and play newbie mobs, but deleting her gets you horror from the people who spend hundreds of hours rerolling trying to get her lol.

I don't see any problem with re-rolling honestly, but backup your data48.bin before you do, that way you can go back if you ever change your mind.

Tuconots
    what does * mean again? How long until that happens and what changes?

Tuconots
    That's their star rating or stage of evolution I believe. 6* would be the final form. I'm guessing it would take quite a bit to level from where yours is to the point where you can evolve it but if you're planning on sticking with the game it sounds like that would be the way to go.

Tuconots
    what does * mean again? How long until that happens and what changes?
    Star rating. Evolved form, basically.

Tuconots

Yeah, if you aren't having fun, go ahead and reroll, but save a backup of the file. From everything I've read, she is arguably the most powerful unit in the game once she gets rolling.

Also, what dungeon are you on? And how are you doing your fuses? Were the creatures you fused with her all max level? I have had a lot of luck leveling my dragons using the metal dragons from that hour-long quest (which is stupid easy to complete).

Tuconots
    So I got an Angel on my second rare roll to go with my Great Valk. Looks like that will be an awesome combo when I can play both of them together. Right now I'm just leveling those little healing pals. Great Valk is a mean bitch when I'm paired with another light friend and she's throwing down 20k dmg with some combos lol.

Tuconots
    Any experienced players wanna hop in rerolled irc and give some general advice?

IRC Info: irc.uberguilds.org #swampdonkey

Would be much appreciated. I've been trying to decipher the Chinese wiki + have read several pages of the SA thread but I still am not sure what I'm doing generally.

Since my leader is Valkyrie, I'm trying to pair her with Light mobs for now? Do I still try to level up my blue starter Dragon? The Valkyrie is level 30 and rapes, am I supposed to be feeding her or feeding things like my Yellow Carbuncle? I know I'm supposed to try and farm other healers (I can see on the wiki what my end goal for a team is) but until I get to that point what am I doing?

The entire feeding process is confusing. I have 5 green dragon seeds, thats saved for evos for my starter dragon or can I use them to feed him? Taking up a lot of boxes! Tons and tons more questions. IRC. Thanks :P
    Last edited by Daezuel; 01-12-2013 at 01:53 AM.

Tuconots
    http://www.mediafire.com/view/?yduj8xe59a1t9hm

English Monster Book: It lists all the monsters (i think) of the game, shows its evolution materials, monsters with the same skills, where you can drop it and more.

Tuconots
    That's pretty sweet, Funk you get to irc now before I bitch slap you.

Thread Information